Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Space Brothers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 22, 2014 7:22 PM

Jul 2009
never thought I'd be changing Space Bros to COMPLETE
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 22, 2014 8:51 PM

Jul 2011
I actually did a fist pump! That was an excellent last episode! Was it really the middle of an arc? Had such a great "finale" feeling to it!
And obviously they can't tie up all the loose ends! They need to leave a good temporary ending for a possible new season, which it did splendidly. It was not all overly crammed in, but we did get to see what happened to the main plots. Sure, we didn't get to see Hibito, but we do know that we don't have to worry about him and that he's doing his own thing.

It's been a long two years; I picked this up from the first episode aired on a whim. I'm seriously extremely happy (that I did) and extremely sad now that it's over.

Perfect 10/10. Had a couple episodes that were less than perfect, but that ending was well done so I'm sticking it to a 10!

And now for the emotional stuff:
Although I picked this series up on a whim, I was completely impressed by the excellent first episode. I really did not expect much from this series. How wrong I was! It only showed to be more and more amazing as I continued watching, and it's a series that I am just so thankful for. I keep watching anime to find series like these. Honestly, Uchuu Kyoudai fully deserves a 10/10.

Also, I hope to see more of this director's works in the future. He's done a great job so far, and I'm glad Uchuu Kyoudai came out the way it did!
Mar 22, 2014 8:53 PM

May 2011
With all that was going on I completely forgot about Nitta's issues with his brother as well. I'm glad he was the first one to come across Mutta in the parking lot. It was wonderful in that sadly sweet way, hearing about Kazuya and seeing Mutta holding his phone. Even though I'm hardly happy about a hiatus I'm also happy with where they decided to put it. I can't wait until this returns and I'm confident the quality will be maintained. :)
Mar 22, 2014 10:16 PM

Aug 2008
I really need more Uchuu Kyoudai. I just hope this is a production pause like everyone is suggesting.
Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
Mar 22, 2014 11:45 PM

May 2012
Too bad the ending was not so good BUT they will be back, let us hope for a great ending
Mar 22, 2014 11:58 PM

Aug 2009
Holy shit guys! Space Bros.' overall score went up from 8.31 to 8.57. AND it cleared the top 100 (now ranked #69 overall).

I'm so proud of us ya'll. It may be over, but at least Space Brothers is where it should've been from the beginning, if not even higher than it already is. Pat yourselves on the back!

It'll be back someday! ;_____;
dietmangoMar 23, 2014 2:01 AM
Mar 23, 2014 2:29 AM

Nov 2011
I couldn't think of a more fitting way to end the series then a launch, even if it wasn't Mutta that was in the rocket.

I especially liked how they brought back the "Feel so Moon" song from the early episodes for the launch.

Overall, this has definitely been one hell of a ride that I didn't regret for an episode and I certainly can't wait for the day I'll open up MAL and see "Space Brothers anime coming back!"
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Mar 23, 2014 4:51 AM
Oct 2011
I can't stop crying.

9/10.
Mar 23, 2014 5:54 AM
Jun 2011
Like many I decided to give this series a try two years ago, thinking it might make for some interesting moments. We all know how that ended up..

But thinking back, it was an easy hit for me. For one Mutta and I were both born in '93, for another my little brother was born in '96 like Hibito. And like Hibito he's always had more luck, more energy and a lot less sense of responsibillity than me.
And then there was the fact that my country had its' first astronaut on the ISS when it started, so the whole rage was allready present. So no, with me it had an easy shot.

Now with a hiatus after 99 episodes it has entered a realm of fewer anime. It needs to be put in perspective with other long running series. Luckilly, wheither you compare it with long running series or with a standard 24 ep series, it holds up amazingly well. It's kept a steadilly high level all throughout the series. It's been an enjoyable series at worst and a fantastic one at best. It has never ever dropped the bar for real. The team has succesfully avoided a great deal of traps that most anime fall into. And they've reached new territory recording voice acting from space. While certainly not without flaws, as an anime production, an adaption at that, I think it is truly remarkable.

I have never watched another anime that made me feel like I truly lived with the characters week by week. Like life itself it had times that life just paddled allong, and periods when way to much stuff was happening at the same time.
It is the only series I might actually recommend to be viewed one episode a week and I can't wait to continue it watching it myself that way =D
Mar 23, 2014 8:22 AM
Aug 2007
Man, that final ep was done better than I expected. Nice to see that Mutta is focused again and also good to see Hibito hasn't given up hope. Moving to Russia makes sense.

I loved it when Feel So Moon kicked in near the end... 10/10

Hopefully it's back sooner rather than later..
Mar 23, 2014 8:45 AM

Jun 2010
oh well, it ended. 7/10
Mar 23, 2014 11:29 AM

Oct 2007
What?? They can't end it there! O_O That was very unsatisfying! Even Mutta didn't go to space! But there is a strong possibility they will make a 2nd season.
Mar 23, 2014 12:56 PM

Aug 2013
Space Brothers, all my 10s are belong to you.

rodac said:
Looking forward to a return of this show in another year or so as a Hibito in Russia arc should be interesting (particularly for us Olga x Hibito shippers). I would have liked to see this season finale spread over two episodes, since I think we would then have been able to get some more details included (Vince has a family? I'd be curious to see what his wife and kids are like...), and see if Mutta does anything about Serika...(come on Mutta, neither of you are getting any younger...). Still with good ratings and strong source material I'm sure they will be back.

I would have liked to see it spread out over 2 episodes so that it could join the 100 episode club! I feel it was denied its spot.
Mar 23, 2014 1:45 PM

Jan 2012
fujioka-san said:
I still can't believe this anime ends. Or just takes a break. I'll be missing these heartwarming 20 minutes every Saturday. Uchuu Kyoudai's hiatus hit me harshly. I'm looking forward for it to come back as soon as possible.

Btw, the ending was great with this music from the first OP. The animation was beautiful, too. 10/10. I'm happy I've started watching this anime though not from the very beginning as everyone else. SpaceBros, we're waiting for you!

Quote all your words.
I'm a hero to save people. Is not enough of a reason?
Mar 23, 2014 4:35 PM

Jun 2007
Welp, if this isn't a hiatus I'm pretty disappointed. Nothing whatsoever was concluded directly, and that's just not how you end a story - especially not one this lengthy that promised so much right from episode 1. If this is truly the final episode it will ever have, that film better tie up at least the two major points that never went anywhere - Mutta & Hibito in space together, specifically on teh moon - and Serika and Mutta, which didn't even get any implications of going anywhere in this last chunk.

Until the film - and only if it fixes it, lowering the rating for now a few from 10 given 99 episodes isn't worth this 'payoff'.

Or has this been officially stated as a hiatus only? Not "I assume" - but is there a factual piece of information from anyone involved in creation or publishing of this series that has stated it is going to be returning later?

edit - the film is a prequel? Nevermind then, this show just ruined itself permanently if this isn't just a hiatus.

also, wrote up a post for my blog about this: http://24framesps.wordpress.com/2014/03/23/uchuu-kyoudai-space-brothers-finale-thoughts/
TallonKarrde23Mar 23, 2014 6:49 PM
Mar 23, 2014 5:10 PM

Apr 2009
T_T
now I have to read the manga
Mar 23, 2014 8:36 PM

Jul 2013
Easily one of my favorite of all time. Easily.

Such an abrupt ending has left me sad, but hopefully what people are saying about its return is true.
Mar 24, 2014 12:20 AM
Feb 2011
Well I'm glad that there are a few other people who are disappointed with the series too. The show started out as 10/10 masterpiece, then it dropped to a 9/10 because of the Hibito x Olga arc, the Mr. Hibbit cartoon / the underwater training arc / the weird new characters with Mutta made it an 8/10... and my final score is sadly a 7/10 for how bad the last 3 episodes were. The only reason why I'm not more pissed off is because the show got worse gradually. I have a term for this and it's: "the writer ruined their story." I was also very displeased with the racism and cultural stereotypes.
Mar 24, 2014 1:48 AM

Mar 2011
I liked the ending, this is assuming this is just a temp ending until the manga gets further ahead.

After watched 99 episodes, it would be too sad to end here.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Mar 24, 2014 2:12 AM

Nov 2011
Meh show, the best anime i've ever seen, but still only that and nothing more.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 24, 2014 7:18 AM

Oct 2010
Great anime, im gonna miss it.... see you on the moon! :___:
Mar 24, 2014 9:28 AM

Apr 2010
TallonKarrde23 said:
Welp, if this isn't a hiatus I'm pretty disappointed. Nothing whatsoever was concluded directly, and that's just not how you end a story - especially not one this lengthy that promised so much right from episode 1. If this is truly the final episode it will ever have, that film better tie up at least the two major points that never went anywhere - Mutta & Hibito in space together, specifically on teh moon - and Serika and Mutta, which didn't even get any implications of going anywhere in this last chunk.

Until the film - and only if it fixes it, lowering the rating for now a few from 10 given 99 episodes isn't worth this 'payoff'.

Or has this been officially stated as a hiatus only? Not "I assume" - but is there a factual piece of information from anyone involved in creation or publishing of this series that has stated it is going to be returning later?

edit - the film is a prequel? Nevermind then, this show just ruined itself permanently if this isn't just a hiatus.

also, wrote up a post for my blog about this: http://24framesps.wordpress.com/2014/03/23/uchuu-kyoudai-space-brothers-finale-thoughts/

Wait... you were really expecting a conclusive ending, even though the manga is still on-going?

Uhh, okay then.
Mar 24, 2014 4:08 PM

Jul 2010
It was a nice ride, enjoyed the FEEL SO MOON and I appreciated that they didn't forgot Nitta's brother, that's why I love so much Uchuu Kyoudai. Anyway might read the manga anytime soon, just a question, could someone tell me which chapter of the manga the anime ends?
AkanezoraMar 24, 2014 4:18 PM
Mar 26, 2014 10:31 AM

Mar 2012
Started this series from episode 1 so its hard to imagine it ending, especially in such an open way. All i can hope is that the manga is given its time to advance further and this will be back on our screens soon after.
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
Mar 28, 2014 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
So will there be a season 2?
Tuturu~
Mar 29, 2014 6:04 PM

Jan 2008
I haven't watched so much anime the last few months because I lost interest in the medium and needed a break from it but this series is the only one which I continued following every week nonetheless. I loved the heartwarming atmosphre of the show and after watching the last episode I felt a bit empty inside knowing that it's over (for now at least). Can't wait for a continuation! It will be difficult to resist reading the manga but I'll try!
Mar 30, 2014 11:23 AM

Oct 2013
wait!
That was the last episode!?
:(

and here I am kept waiting for new episode this week
"Burn the heretics"
Mar 30, 2014 1:17 PM

Jul 2009
Aww, and the show is over ... I'm going to miss it :(
Seems like Hibito's doing okay ... is he going back to Russia? :O Leaving NASA but he's still gonna see Mutta on the moon ... how cruel of them to leave us with this cliffhanger D:
I wanted to see Vince's family LOL XD Time skip ahead and they're lifting off! Man that scene gave me chills especially with the first OP (I think) playing ... I should definitely go download the OST ;P
Little throwback to the beginning with Mutta having to stay ahead of his brother ... man, I hope the second season is gonna come soon! D:

Overall I really loved this show :D Such awesome characters and music and SPACE! So fun to watch everyone go through the training and stuff ... yep, 9/10
Apr 2, 2014 2:43 AM

Jan 2011
I'll be waiting for your return space brethren. This series turned out to be freaking great.
Apr 3, 2014 12:25 AM

Mar 2009
I refuse to believe this is the end. So depressed right now...
Apr 11, 2014 4:55 PM

Aug 2009
So that's it then. For now. I've finally finished Space Bros. after putting it off for a while lol.

Well, I'm somewhat disappointed this is where they decided to leave it off for the eventual return sometime in the future (production pause and all that), but it's still a good ep despite that and some of it rushed.

I can't wait til it comes back. I will be so excited. This is also a great time to keep going and catch up with the manga as well. The anime may be on hiatus, but there's still plenty of chapters in the manga I've yet to read. We'll be waiting, Space Bros. I just hope when it does come to that, A-1 stops slacking off and give the animation more quality. It's unfortunate.

Also, Feel So Moon~ ;__;7
May 3, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 2012
Yay I'm done!

I cried a bit at the end. Maybe not as much as earlier episodes but quite a bit. Great series, great characters. My only complaint is that I lost interested in the underwater arc and beyond up to episode 96, and then I got into it again because putting a Kenji family episode really piqued my interest!

9/10 despite it dragging in the latter half. It just does wonders and achieves realism in a way no other anime (I've seen so far) can do.

UUUGH IM JUST SAD THAT THEY HAD TO END IT HERE? Like, so many things haven't happened yet... :/
May 11, 2014 10:44 AM
May 2012
Aw man, it ended.

I felt better when I knew that Hibito won't quit. It's mostly a sign that the series will continue.

This was a great run, the story about brothers and even Mutta becoming an astronaut was really amazing. I can't help but commend how well they were able to put out meaning in every episodes, without the filler feel, That's what really made it worth watching for me.

9/10.
Jun 13, 2014 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
What a way to end!
I really loved this anime and especially mutta and hibito
this anime was amazing and deserves to be in my favorite animes list and a 10/10 score!!
Even though the story didn't really excite me at first, I had so much fun with it!!
And I loved every single character of this brilliant anime <3
I hope it'll continue one day cuz the ending didn't really fit and left us with questions like
Are Mutta and Hibito going to meet ever again? and will vince land peacefully? In addition to will Mutta go to the space or will he die like Brian did?
How's Sharon going to die? and How's Hibito's doing? and what about Nitta and kenji??
GOOOOOD!!! I WANT SEASON 2 LIKE NOW!!! </3
I'm glad that there's a movie coming this August but I really want season 2 !!! T^T
Jul 4, 2014 1:11 AM

Jan 2012
looks like hibito is thirsty for some 16 year old dancer

space brothers 2: space harder
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 14, 2014 11:07 PM

Jan 2012
So finally I was able to catch up and watch the last 12 episodes that I missed in the few months I took a break from the series and...I'm glad I did so. I wouldn't be able to bear myself if I had watched this last episode that just happened to air on my birthday.

I started watching Uchuu Kyoudai since it aired and followed it as it gradually grown on me, but this heartbreaking ending would've been the dead of me if I had watched it a few months ago. I'm glad that it seems it's only a break since it was too close to the manga.

Can't say enough how this anime entertained me on Sundays. Now I can only go on to read the manga and hope for the sequel.

Episode - 9/10 (only because I didn't get to see Hibito again- just kidding). Overall - 10/10
"I don’t know what you want out of nationals, but who sets their goals on something anyone can go to? We try because it’s hard. It’s a dream because it takes a lot of work." - Jun Isashiki, Diamond no Ace S2E51.
Aug 5, 2014 8:04 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, what a journey it has been. A friend of mine told me about this show awhile ago but I picked up recently since I don't marathon series much anymore. Yet, after finishing show, I have no regrets.

I really like how the series captures realism and the characters at their fullest through their experiences. And whether they are success or failures, I think they learn a lot about what to expect. I also liked the characterization of not just Mutta and Hibito but as well as other supporting characters. I think some of my favorite episodes are actually the ones focused on them such as Olga, Serika, Vince, Kenji, etc. Of course, Mutta's journey towards becoming an astronaut was also a building foundation of this series. I am somewhat disappointed at not seeing Mutta being on the Moon though or Serika actually working in space. Maybe that will be covered in the future if this show gets another season?

Anyways, it's a great show imo with decent soundtrack as well. I think my favorites were ED song 5 and this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5zzN2yZpWg

Overall rating this 9/10.

Time to read the manga~
Aug 5, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2012
Stark700 said:
I think my favorites were ED song 5

Beyond <3
Aug 6, 2014 2:08 AM

Nov 2011
mayukachan said:
Stark700 said:
I think my favorites were ED song 5

Beyond <3

Yup, beautiful song.
Aug 7, 2014 3:09 PM
Sep 2013
F4naTiX said:

the manga is still on-going, i think it's not likely that there'll be enough story to make 2nd season
Aug 7, 2014 7:54 PM

Jul 2012
madhacil said:
F4naTiX said:

the manga is still on-going, i think it's not likely that there'll be enough story to make 2nd season

It's been hinted by the production company (via twitter) that it'll be continued.
Aug 7, 2014 11:59 PM

Nov 2011
Idk how many raws are out there but going by the translated chapters, the manga is about 45 or so chapters ahead. A 2 cour is definitely possible imo.
Aug 11, 2014 2:04 PM

Nov 2011
No, i want another 99 eps or 100 if possible :P

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Aug 14, 2014 1:08 PM

Jun 2012
Really enjoyed watching this series. The last couple episodes left me wanting a bit more but I guess it's only taking a break (I assume), so now I'm joining in the wait for a new season. Also Mutta was a great character, had lots of inspiring and awesome moments all the way throughout.
Aug 24, 2014 10:31 AM

Jan 2014
I hope the anime continue.

"Here's our chance! Let's go!"
Aug 25, 2014 9:00 PM

Sep 2012
This anime has captured a corner of my heart!
11/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2014 7:06 AM

Sep 2013
I can't say I disliked this ending since I am happy seeing Mutta taking part in the Pico and Vince's dream (since they are one of my favourite characters), but I wished that after 99 episodes I could see the kyoudai dreaming getting realized as well.

I want to see what will happen to Sharon, how are Ya and Fukuda... More stuff about Serika's dream etc.

To be fair, these 99 episodes could be converted in 70 or something without losing much stuff.

Anyway, many highs and lows, but not a bad show.

7/10. Could be much better.
Sep 1, 2014 3:24 PM

Jul 2012
Wintovisky said:
To be fair, these 99 episodes could be converted in 70 or something without losing much stuff.

Have to agree with that. I felt as if not everything was important.
Sep 5, 2014 3:06 PM

Sep 2013
mayukachan said:
Wintovisky said:

Have to agree with that. I felt as if not everything was important.

Yeah, yeah. I hated when they started wasting like 2min every episode before the opening with stuff from previous episodes. This went for about 30-40 episodes I guess? I don't know, but they lost a bunch of time doing this. So frustrating.

Now that I am chillier, I changed my rating and gave it an 8 hoping for an amazing second season and finale.

~still thinking how weird is Hibito's relationship with Olga... I hope he will wait before her 18th birthday ha~
Sep 5, 2014 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
^ You could always skip the part in the beginning btw. I skipped the Hibito Bunny shorts as well.

I don't think Hibito x Olga was ever romantic though.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Sequel update

excalibur977436 - May 4

4 by Cayusashi »»
May 5, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Rinji- - Aug 10, 2013

63 by ohmmoto »»
Jan 27, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 28 Discussion

MissileSoup - Oct 13, 2012

48 by bankredmeadow »»
Jan 22, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kurini - Feb 2, 2013

150 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 22, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Uchuu Kyoudai Episode 16 Discussion

thunderrain - Jul 14, 2012

41 by Unkrowned »»
Jan 21, 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.