Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 44 45 [46] 47 48 » ... Last »
May 21, 2016 2:25 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
vikki7783 said:
Does No.6 count as an anime focusing on a couple with a romantic relationship?

lol, definitely not

Puchkov said:
For the Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship; would the following titles fit this category?

*Eureka Seven
    *Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

Eureka Seven has the romance tag but I don't believe is focused on a romantic couple .... but not sure about it
In Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo I don't think they got in a romantic relationship

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 21, 2016 5:20 PM

Jan 2013
SheyCroix said:
vikki7783 said:
Does No.6 count as an anime focusing on a couple with a romantic relationship?

lol, definitely not

But but ... Shion and Nezumi though?
May 21, 2016 5:31 PM

Sep 2014
PrOxAnto said:
SheyCroix said:

lol, definitely not

But their relationship isn't the focus of the show.
May 21, 2016 8:28 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Korrailli said:
PrOxAnto said:

@PrOxAnto I support that but they aren't officially in a romantic relationship in the anime

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 22, 2016 3:04 AM

Jan 2013
SheyCroix said:
Korrailli said:

@PrOxAnto I support that but they aren't officially in a romantic relationship in the anime

I know I know ^^, was just joking.

Glad you support it though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 23, 2016 4:09 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
So I just remembered that I had started this. Can someone recommend me something? Not too long if possible.
May 23, 2016 4:20 AM
Nov 2015
Domi said:
Memphis_Tennesse said:
You could watch Love Stage or Junjou Romantica, both are pretty soft.
Love Stage looks actually quite good, thanks!
you can try out HYBRID CHILD and sekaiichi hatsukoi. They are quite good.

tingy said:
JkayW said:
Can someone help with the following?

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Are you looking for anything specific? If not, I highly recommend Seirei no Moribito.
try out DANSAI BUNRI NO CRIME EDGE , D-FRAG , SASAMI-SAN GANBARANAI & SUBETTE F NI NARU : THE PERFECT INSIDER

Shocked said:
JkayW said:

Yahari is you want a really fascinating introspective on high-school life from one of my favourite mc's of all time., not your standard romcom.

Nanatsu no taizai, Solid shounen that's getting a second season, relies on the mystery of its characters and setting to intrigue you.

Durararara. Up to you since its made by the guy that made Baccano

I'll check out Nanatsu no Taizai, thanks!
try out AKAME GA KILL , PARASYTE the maxim , BTOOOM! , DANSAI BUNRI NO CRIME EDGE & AKUMA NO RIDDLE

yhunata said:
breathesunshine said:

Hoozuki no Reitetsu is only 13 episodes and is a comedy

Strange, I could've sworn I'd started to watch that already and that it was two cours long. Well, it works, I suppose.

breathesunshine said:
If I could have a rec as well. Has already finished airing and only one cour, comedy or action.

You could try D-Frag! It's an amazing comedy.

JkayW said:

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

What kind of anime are you looking for?
try out SASAMI SAN GANBARANAI (12 episode) & OREMONOGAtARI (24 episode)

JkayW said:

Edit: I don't mind but prefer Fantasy or Adventure or Physiological or even a SOLID romance.

desseroni said:
I could a rec for romance or comedy preferably 1 or 2 cours.

Sakurasou no pet no kanojo should be good.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
AKU NO HANA and AOHARU X KIKANJUU should be good then.

desseroni said:
I could use a rec for romance or comedy preferably 1 or 2 cours.
NOUCOME should be fine for you. also D-FRAG too

M00ner said:
For this section:

Watch an anime by the same director/composer/studio as one of your favorites anime

For the same director, do I choose the anime the director worked on as a director or any position in an anime he has been involved with?

FieryFayte said:
This is my first time attempting this challenge.

Does anyone have suggestions for an ONA?

There's also Hetalia if you want more suggestions.
MONSTER STRIKE is there though its ongoing

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedMay 23, 2016 7:45 AM
Mr.Kimmey
May 23, 2016 6:26 AM

Aug 2011
Well, I just started the Challenge (probably will take me some time to even start actually watching stuff for it), so I need some recommendations.
I'm quite open to suggestions, but I'd prefer it to be something short. ^^

BatoKusanagi said:
So I just remembered that I had started this. Can someone recommend me something? Not too long if possible.

How about Rozen Maiden? Based on a quick look at your tastes and the areas my taste is close to yours, it seems like a good choice. Unless something in the premise ends up ruining the experience for you, that is. :P Well, it's 12 ep.
Other than that, I'd also recommend one from your plan to watch list, Ghost Hound, which is bigger (22 eps) but well worth it and you might just go through it faster than you imagine when you get engrossed on the story.
May 23, 2016 7:03 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
phoenixguy000 said:
Well, I just started the Challenge (probably will take me some time to even start actually watching stuff for it), so I need some recommendations.
I'm quite open to suggestions, but I'd prefer it to be something short. ^^

You can try Nichijou. It's a very good comedy.
And you've seen Fate/Stay Night (2006), but not the recent Ufotable versions. You have to fix that.

How about Rozen Maiden? Based on a quick look at your tastes and the areas my taste is close to yours, it seems like a good choice. Unless something in the premise ends up ruining the experience for you, that is. :P Well, it's 12 ep.
Other than that, I'd also recommend one from your plan to watch list, Ghost Hound, which is bigger (22 eps) but well worth it and you might just go through it faster than you imagine when you get engrossed on the story.

Thanks, I'll try Rozen Maiden.
May 23, 2016 7:12 AM

Aug 2011
BatoKusanagi said:

You can try Nichijou. It's a very good comedy.
And you've seen Fate/Stay Night (2006), but not the recent Ufotable versions. You have to fix that.

Thanks. I heard good things about Nichijou. I'll give it a try. ^^
About Fate, yeah, I know, haha. I plan to watch it, but I want to follow the chronological release. xD
So, first, UBW movie, then Zero and only then UBW TV. :P
May 23, 2016 7:49 AM

Aug 2013
Claymore is ok for the non japanese MC right? She's born human and transformed later so...
May 23, 2016 8:33 AM

Oct 2014
simon443 said:
Claymore is ok for the non japanese MC right? She's born human and transformed later so...
Which character? If they're Japanese it doesn't matter what species they are. Chi's Sweet Home doesn't work for that challenge because the protagonist is a Japanese cat.

You might like Kiniro Mosaic that has two British main characters. If you'd rather something a bit more mature Spice and Wolf is set somewhere in Europe and the characters are from there. So Ra No Wo To has Swedish main characters. Even if you don't take these recommendations I think they should help explain the challenge.
May 23, 2016 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
Which character? If they're Japanese it doesn't matter what species they are. Chi's Sweet Home doesn't work for that challenge because the protagonist is a Japanese cat.

You might like Kiniro Mosaic that has two British main characters. If you'd rather something a bit more mature Spice and Wolf is set somewhere in Europe and the characters are from there. So Ra No Wo To has Swedish main characters. Even if you don't take these recommendations I think they should help explain the challenge.

It's set in medieval europe, but since almost all of the main cast are half demons i didn't know if it would fit
May 23, 2016 8:50 AM

Oct 2014
simon443 said:
zombie_pegasus said:

It's set in medieval europe, but since almost all of the main cast are half demons i didn't know if it would fit
If it's set in Europe then you can assume the characters are not Japanese regardless of their race. It should fit.
May 23, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2010
Claymore doesn't take place in Europe ; it's set on a big, cross-shaped island/continent that may not be on Earth at all. It really depends on whether the challenge allows "inhabitants of a Western-inspired fantasy world".
May 23, 2016 11:37 AM

Aug 2015
Jhiday said:
Claymore doesn't take place in Europe ; it's set on a big, cross-shaped island/continent that may not be on Earth at all. It really depends on whether the challenge allows "inhabitants of a Western-inspired fantasy world".

The most important requirement is that the main character is human (even if it's on a fictional country). I think you mentioned these characters are half demons or something, so that would disqualify them.

@zombie_pegasus made great recommendations that you could use.
May 23, 2016 1:04 PM

Aug 2013
Thanks @zombie_pegasus, @Jhiday and @Puchkov for the replies, I'll watch Gunslinger Girl in the end. A friend of mine has been asking me to watch this for about two years... this way he'll shut up for at least a week, maybe
May 24, 2016 6:25 AM

Apr 2011
I'm just gonna ask this here just in case, since it's a bit of a pain going through every page to check; did anyone use The Last for the challenge?
May 24, 2016 3:18 PM

Apr 2016
Some movie recommendations to watch?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2016 4:03 PM

Feb 2013
yhunata said:
I'm just gonna ask this here just in case, since it's a bit of a pain going through every page to check; did anyone use The Last for the challenge?

I did. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=1050#msg44211476

Fukuoka1999 said:
Some movie recommendations to watch?

Here're some interesting ones:
11-nin Iru!
Akira
Captain Harlock
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Kaze Tachinu
Perfect Blue

Anyone got any (preferably not more then two cour) recs for "Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960" and "Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980"?
May 25, 2016 12:27 AM

Apr 2011
Kezone said:
yhunata said:

I did. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=1050#msg44211476

Oh, thank God. I was hoping I could use it for at least something.
May 25, 2016 3:08 PM

Apr 2011
Kezone said:
Anyone got any (preferably not more then two cour) recs for "Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960" and "Watch an anime which began airing between 1961 and 1980"?

I had to use a short for between 1941 - 1960, but for between 1961 and 1980 you could use Lupin III
May 25, 2016 3:27 PM

Oct 2014
Kezone said:
You might want to check out this challenge to see your options. It requires anime that are either type TV or 12 episodes+ with episodes 20 minutes or longer. There are no anime that fit these requirements that aired before 1960. There is a 78 minute movie that aired back then if you want something of a substantial length (it also has a rating of 6.42 which is much higher than most of the anime that aired back then).

I watched Ringing Bell for the 1960-1980 challenge, but there are some series that aired in that period.
May 25, 2016 8:29 PM

Apr 2016
Can I still participate? I've been watching anime again since May when I created this account but I didn't know about the challenge, could these titles I watched count (they're in the challenge period)? I'm also not sure about the participant banner, do I have to post on the official thread to use it?
May 25, 2016 9:21 PM

Sep 2014
diegofiuzab said:
Can I still participate? I've been watching anime again since May when I created this account but I didn't know about the challenge, could these titles I watched count (they're in the challenge period)? I'm also not sure about the participant banner, do I have to post on the official thread to use it?

You can start anytime and use shows you have watched in 2016. You don't need to use the banner, they are more just for show. Just post your challenge list on the sign up thread and add to it as you go.
May 26, 2016 2:53 AM

Sep 2014
May someone recommend me an anime for the challenge, please? Can be a series, movie, ova or whatever. I would prefer something that isn't on my ptw-list but would fit on there according to my "taste". At a pinch, I would also accept a recommendation that is on my ptw-list already of course. Thank you very much in advance!
May 26, 2016 3:15 AM

Jul 2014
Miragee said:
May someone recommend me an anime for the challenge, please? Can be a series, movie, ova or whatever. I would prefer something that isn't on my ptw-list but would fit on there according to my "taste". At a pinch, I would also accept a recommendation that is on my ptw-list already of course. Thank you very much in advance!
I didn't found it on your PTW list, and it seems our tastes are similar, so I would like to recommend Akira.
May 26, 2016 4:31 AM

Sep 2014
mozgow said:
Miragee said:
I didn't found it on your PTW list, and it seems our tastes are similar, so I would like to recommend Akira.

Ah yeah, I'm reading that atm. About half-way through. Anything else? If not I'm going to watch the movie after I have finished the manga. Thank you! :)
May 26, 2016 5:01 AM

Jul 2014
Miragee said:
mozgow said:

Ah yeah, I'm reading that atm. About half-way through. Anything else? If not I'm going to watch the movie after I have finished the manga. Thank you! :)

Then maybe one of these:
May 26, 2016 7:09 AM

Sep 2014
mozgow said:
Miragee said:

Then maybe one of these:

Thank you very much! Tonari no Totoro will it be then. Put Akira and Gunbuster on my ptw as well.
May 26, 2016 1:14 PM

Oct 2014
japaniMay said:
Would Nekomonogatari: Kuro count as a short anime? The example says 15 minutes per episode or less, but Nekomonogatari: Kuro has 4 episodes normal length episodes. Can I still use it?
All challenges with numbers in them are objective. I've even heard people refer to Death Note as a short anime even though it would fit the description of "three cours or more" which essentially means "long anime". Koyomimonogatari is part of the same franchise and has 14 minute episodes. It's a side story so I think you can watch it regardless of which seasons of the main series you've seen.
May 26, 2016 1:38 PM

Oct 2014
japaniMay said:
zombie_pegasus said:
All challenges with numbers in them are objective. I've even heard people refer to Death Note as a short anime even though it would fit the description of "three cours or more" which essentially means "long anime". Koyomimonogatari is part of the same franchise and has 14 minute episodes. It's a side story so I think you can watch it regardless of which seasons of the main series you've seen.

Meaning I can use it? Thank you for the quick reply :)
You can't use Nekomonogatari but you can use Koyomimonogatari :)
May 26, 2016 2:17 PM

Sep 2014
japaniMay said:
zombie_pegasus said:
You can't use Nekomonogatari but you can use Koyomimonogatari :)

I see, thank you! I'll be using that then

Are there any other categories I could use Nekomonogatari for besides the fantasy and vampires genre? I already have something put down for those two, although they do fit Nekomongatari as well

Would be counting for the following:

- Watch an anime by the same director/composer/studio as one of your favorites anime (since you have Madoka in your favs which was animated by Shaft)
- Watch an anime adapted from a novel, light novel or video game

Probably either one of those two (I haven't watched Nekomonogatari, so I don't know):

- Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships
- Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship

If it's like Bakemonogatari then:

- Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character
May 27, 2016 6:54 AM
Apr 2015
Can anyone recommend me something for the challenge? It could be something already in my PTW or something else overall. Just not something too long please, hehe. Hoping for something that would click on me, because I've been losing my interest to start new anime recently. Thanks!
May 27, 2016 7:51 AM

Sep 2014
nicomaine said:
Can anyone recommend me something for the challenge? It could be something already in my PTW or something else overall. Just not something too long please, hehe. Hoping for something that would click on me, because I've been losing my interest to start new anime recently. Thanks!

It's hard to judge from your list what you like. From your ptw:

- Baccano
- Spice & Wolf
- Psycho Pass

Those are very good and quite unique as well. Chances are you might like them. Other than that, there are a lot of amazing series out there but I fear they might not fit your taste (just judging from your favs). I'll still list some that aren't too long for the case you might want to try something else:

- Humanity has declined (social satire)
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (action/sci-fi with great characters and diverse social/sci-fi topics)
- Ergo Proxy (action/sci-fi dystopia)
- Mushishi (adventure, mystery)
- Kino no Tabi (adventure, sci-fi)
- Hourou Musuko (slice of life about transgender, cute and very well executed)

Last tip: Watch more Ghibli movies. ;)
May 27, 2016 8:01 AM

Apr 2016
nicomaine said:

If you enjoy Slice of Life and Music, Nodame Cantabile. The first season is 23-episodes long but you can just relax and watch it at your own pace.
May 27, 2016 6:44 PM

Aug 2007
Can I use Digimon Tamers for the children entry? The human cast is mostly comprised of children but there are so many non-human characters that I am unsure if it fits the bill.
May 27, 2016 7:26 PM
Apr 2015
Miragee said:

- Baccano
- Spice & Wolf
- Psycho Pass

Those are very good and quite unique as well. Chances are you might like them. Other than that, there are a lot of amazing series out there but I fear they might not fit your taste (just judging from your favs). I'll still list some that aren't too long for the case you might want to try something else:

- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (action/sci-fi with great characters and diverse social/sci-fi topics)

I knew it, haha. It's hard myself to say what types of series I really like. Even my faves list is genre varied XD. The genres I listed on my profile are just my theories on what I like, but it's not necessarily what I really love. Though I do have a list of what I don't want in anime, so thank you for suggesting those series without the genres I dislike. I would check them out later and might add them to my ptw. I might use Spice and Wolf for the recommendation part of the challenge, since I already have Baccano somewhere else planned as well. Now I just need the motivation to start those series hehe. Also, there's a Ghibli film showing class for our University week next month, and I enrolled in that, so it's a check ;D

diegofiuzab said:

If you enjoy Slice of Life and Music, Nodame Cantabile. The first season is 23-episodes long but you can just relax and watch it at your own pace.

Okay, noted :)

Thank you, both of you! :D
May 27, 2016 10:06 PM

Aug 2010
I have a question. Can we restart a show that is on our dropped or on-hold list?

Also, I would love a recommendation for the recommendation one. ^_^
May 27, 2016 10:17 PM

Mar 2013
jackitsu said:
I have a question. Can we restart a show that is on our dropped or on-hold list?

Also, I would love a recommendation for the recommendation one. ^_^

If you started it this year, then yes. If you, started it before, you can only use it for the bonus item that says "finished a dropped or on hold series"

I recommend Ping Pong or Haikyuu!
May 27, 2016 11:44 PM

Sep 2014
nicomaine said:
Miragee said:

- Baccano
- Spice & Wolf
- Psycho Pass

I knew it, haha. It's hard myself to say what types of series I really like. Even my faves list is genre varied XD. The genres I listed on my profile are just my theories on what I like, but it's not necessarily what I really love. Though I do have a list of what I don't want in anime, so thank you for suggesting those series without the genres I dislike. I would check them out later and might add them to my ptw. I might use Spice and Wolf for the recommendation part of the challenge, since I already have Baccano somewhere else planned as well. Now I just need the motivation to start those series hehe. Also, there's a Ghibli film showing class for our University week next month, and I enrolled in that, so it's a check ;D

Wow that's awesome! What does university week mean? I assume it's planned by your school?

As for starting those series: I know that feeling but once you get over the point and start it sucks you right in. ;)
May 28, 2016 4:42 AM
Oct 2014
I just joined this challenge. Can someone recommend me some good anime?

edit: @AudioTsunami I will watch Ima, Soko ni Iru Boku because i didnt hear about it earlier. Thanks :)
NaraS91May 28, 2016 4:54 AM
May 28, 2016 5:19 AM
Apr 2015
Miragee said:
nicomaine said:
Also, there's a Ghibli film showing class for our University week next month, and I enrolled in that, so it's a check ;D

Wow that's awesome! What does university week mean? I assume it's planned by your school?

As for starting those series: I know that feeling but once you get over the point and start it sucks you right in. ;)

The Univ week is somewhat like a festival week or something where there are all kinds of stalls in campus for the week and a concert-ish night with fireworks for the finale. Normal classes still resume, but On that week, there's one day where classes are cancelled to make way for various activity classes such as outdoor hikings, random tutorial sessions, baking lessons, film showings, etc. Me and my high school friend decided to join the Ghibli showing for the activity since they never had something like that before. I think 2 or 3 Ghibli films will be shown.

And yes, I really hope I get that feeling again.
May 28, 2016 4:01 PM

Jan 2016
I can't find any anime for the 1917 to 1940 challenge (I can find anime in MAL, but when I search for them the anime is not out there). Can anyone give me an anime from that period which can be viewed in eg Youtube? Linking is not allowed, just name an anime and I will search it myself.
May 28, 2016 4:08 PM

Mar 2013
Google Benkei tai Ushiwaka. It should show up
May 28, 2016 4:53 PM

Jan 2016
AudioTsunami said:
Google Benkei tai Ushiwaka. It should show up

Thanks but I finally found an anime from 1933. I found Ugokie Kori no Takehi. I just googled 'Japanese anime 1930's' and found that. Will go with that one as it's such a hassle... I still appreciate the reply though.
May 28, 2016 5:16 PM

Aug 2013
I currently have Shinsekai Yori to insert on Dementia, Horror, Demons or Vampire anime and Another planned on Super Powers, Fantasy or Supernatural anime.
However, I have seen nothing Horror-like... does it count? If not, could i just switch them?
May 29, 2016 12:45 AM

Sep 2014
simon443 said:
I currently have Shinsekai Yori to insert on Dementia, Horror, Demons or Vampire anime and Another planned on Super Powers, Fantasy or Supernatural anime.
However, I have seen nothing Horror-like... does it count? If not, could i just switch them?

Shinsekai yori definitely has some horror. It depends on what you perceive as horror though. It's more based on suspense than your typical western jump-scare horror. As for Another: I personally think this isn't horror but comedy. But I guess a badly executed horror show still counts as horror.

Both shows count for both of those categories so you can swap them whenever and however you like.
May 29, 2016 12:53 AM

Oct 2014
Miragee said:
simon443 said:

Shinsekai yori definitely has some horror. It depends on what you perceive as horror though. It's more based on suspense than your typical western jump-scare horror. As for Another: I personally think this isn't horror but comedy. But I guess a badly executed horror show still counts as horror.

Both shows count for both of those categories so you can swap them whenever and however you like.
Elfen Lied and Gakkou no Kaidan are comedies, Mars of Destruction and Papillon Rose are horror. From my experience Another belongs in the latter category. MAL generally tags anything with blood as "horror", but technically those do all count for the challenge.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 44 45 [46] 47 48 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Weirdest Superpowers in Anime?

LowIqSalty - 4 hours ago

5 by Dumb »»
13 seconds ago

» What were the best years for you when it came to watching anime?

Gashadokur0 - 3 hours ago

8 by Coaghim »»
2 minutes ago

» Would you accept a monochrome anime?

Anjuro - 6 hours ago

34 by Coaghim »»
4 minutes ago

» Any other Retro Anime watchers only?

Iron_Leopard - May 30

49 by ColourWheel »»
6 minutes ago

» Is the database algorithm fair?

Lucifrost - May 30

20 by Lucifrost »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.