Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 41 42 [43] 44 45 » ... Last »
May 5, 2016 7:36 AM

Mar 2013
HollowPointX said:

Snizel said:
Guys, can I use Ao Haru Ride for an anime that involves a romantic relationship, and Ouran Koukou Host Club for one that involves non-romantic relationships? I'm not quite sure and I don't really wanna spoil much of the series by reading about them on the internet. :D

Ouran Kouko Host Club is romance as stated on its genres. so ouran is a no go for non-romantic relationship :)

That's not necessarily true. I would certainly argue that at LEAST 2 highly rated shows in the romance tag are about platonic relationships and not romantic ones. I've never seen Ouran Host Club though so I can't speak for that one specifically. It just depends on what point the show is trying to get across.
May 5, 2016 7:49 AM

Jun 2015
AudioTsunami said:
HollowPointX said:

Ouran Kouko Host Club is romance as stated on its genres. so ouran is a no go for non-romantic relationship :)

That's not necessarily true. I would certainly argue that at LEAST 2 highly rated shows in the romance tag are about platonic relationships and not romantic ones. I've never seen Ouran Host Club though so I can't speak for that one specifically. It just depends on what point the show is trying to get across.

so do i, i never watched ouran. i only refer to the tag and it said "romance". 2 highly rated shows in romance tag are about platonic relationship? but based on that statement could we conclude that ouran is about platonic/non-romantic relationship? i think it's better to wait for better opinion from person that already watched ouran.
May 5, 2016 7:54 AM

Mar 2013
Right, my point wasn't because other romance genre shows can count for platonic so that means ouran can count, it was that your answer of "it has a romance tag so it can't count" is objectively wrong.
May 5, 2016 8:42 AM

Oct 2014
Berserk focuses on the relationship between Guts and Griffith but it has the romance tag (likely for Casca, it's not really that important though). The romance tag gets thrown around so often that you just have to use your own judgment. Ouran is about romantic relationships, though.
May 5, 2016 8:57 AM

Dec 2012
Okay, then I'll look for something else. I guess Ao Haru Ride is fine as a romantic relationship focused anime, right?
Found Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 for the other one.
SnizelMay 5, 2016 9:34 AM
May 5, 2016 9:38 AM

Mar 2013
Snizel said:
Okay, then I'll look for something else. I guess Ao Haru Ride is fine as a romantic relationship focused anime, right?
Found Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 for the other one.

Ao HAru Ride is good, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is good. All good.

zombie_pegasus said:
Berserk focuses on the relationship between Guts and Griffith but it has the romance tag (likely for Casca, it's not really that important though). The romance tag gets thrown around so often that you just have to use your own judgment. Ouran is about romantic relationships, though.

Yeah, I was specifically thinking of Kids on the Slope and Nana, but that's why I said at least 2. Somewhere in the thread earlier, i said it's basically the whole front page of the romance sorted by score doesn't count.
May 5, 2016 10:14 AM

Dec 2015
Can I make my own banner for this challenge or maybe I can make a request for one. I think it'd be cool if there was either Elfen Lied or Mirai Nikki ones.
May 5, 2016 10:44 AM

Oct 2014
Dragonsbait said:
Can I make my own banner for this challenge or maybe I can make a request for one. I think it'd be cool if there was either Elfen Lied or Mirai Nikki ones.
You can make your own banner. My banner is custom made, but I didn't "donate" it to the challenge.
May 5, 2016 12:26 PM

Dec 2015
Thank you. I think it came out all right. lol
May 5, 2016 4:16 PM
Apr 2015
Watch an anime which began airing between 1981 and 1990

Any recommendations???
May 5, 2016 6:59 PM

Mar 2013
zioomxD said:

Any recommendations???

GunBuster
Honnaemaise
birth of gin
May 6, 2016 7:45 AM

Jan 2013
zioomxD said:

Any recommendations???

Kiki's Delivery Service is apparently a well-received anime, aired in 1989.
I'm going to use this anime for the challenge aswell.
May 6, 2016 11:23 AM

Mar 2013
PrOxAnto said:
zioomxD said:

Any recommendations???

Kiki's Delivery Service is apparently a well-received anime, aired in 1989.
I'm going to use this anime for the challenge aswell.

Yeah, a lot of the older ghibli movies work for that challenge. Kiki, Totoro, fireflies, castle in the sky, nausicaa, and gauche the cellist all work.
May 7, 2016 1:33 AM

Jul 2014
Does Ansatsu Kyoushitsu S2 count as an anime adapted to live action?
May 7, 2016 9:02 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
vikki7783 said:
Does Ansatsu Kyoushitsu S2 count as an anime adapted to live action?

Yes since the film came out in March 25

zombie_pegasus said:
Around a year ago I watched the first two episodes of Aria the Animation, but I thought I was watching the Origination. Would this not be eligible for a regular challenge? If I rewatched the first two episodes could it count? I had it on my challenge list because I didn't think I had watched any of it, but I guess I had without realizing it.

As long as you re-watch them it's fine

HollowPointX said:
» Watch an anime with children as the main cast
does Boku Dake ga Inai Machi count as anime with children as main cast?

No

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 7, 2016 4:02 PM

Sep 2013
To YamiLoire

hey ~~
you asked me to recommend you an anime for this challenge, and your choice was sci-fi genre...so i recommend you to watch Kiznaiver, which is currently airing in Spring 2016 season

wish you good luck :)
May 7, 2016 8:55 PM

Jun 2015
SheyCroix said:

HollowPointX said:
» Watch an anime with children as the main cast
does Boku Dake ga Inai Machi count as anime with children as main cast?

No

okay thanks~ do you have any recommendation for that one? :D

AudioTsunami said:
Right, my point wasn't because other romance genre shows can count for platonic so that means ouran can count, it was that your answer of "it has a romance tag so it can't count" is objectively wrong.

objectively speaking my statement is wrong, but i only have tags to refers to. anyway fair point :)
May 7, 2016 9:38 PM

Mar 2013
HollowPointX said:

okay thanks~ do you have any recommendation for that one? :D

major s1
gakuon alice
May 8, 2016 7:03 AM

Dec 2015
I know at signup you have to say how many you have completed before starting the challenge. I have a pretty poor memory when it comes to stuff I've watched a while ago and just added it to my list of completed anime. Does that count toward the anime completed when I finish the challenge or do I leave them off since they are technically not part of the challenge. Sorry if this may sound confusing.
May 8, 2016 9:54 AM

Aug 2013
Dragonsbait said:
I know at signup you have to say how many you have completed before starting the challenge. I have a pretty poor memory when it comes to stuff I've watched a while ago and just added it to my list of completed anime. Does that count toward the anime completed when I finish the challenge or do I leave them off since they are technically not part of the challenge. Sorry if this may sound confusing.

Put simply the numbers wuithout thinking so much about it. During the challenge I've watched things that aren't related but they're still completed so i'll put them in since it says completed anime at the end and not number of entries done.
That's how I've understood it at least
May 8, 2016 10:50 AM

Oct 2014
Dragonsbait said:
It's partly to make sure you didn't reuse anime (obviously this can be checked more easily, but it's important for record keeping). Upon signup you just write whatever number of completed anime you have at the time and you do the same thing when you turn your form in.
May 8, 2016 10:53 AM

Dec 2015
simon443 said:
Dragonsbait said:

Put simply the numbers wuithout thinking so much about it. During the challenge I've watched things that aren't related but they're still completed so i'll put them in since it says completed anime at the end and not number of entries done.
That's how I've understood it at least

So you watched anime during the challenge that wasn't on your list?
The ones I added are anime that I watched a couple years back and just added them, but if that doesn't matter than I won't worry about.
May 8, 2016 11:00 AM

Mar 2013
Dragonsbait said:

it's just the number on your personal list. It's so we can tell there are 50 new anime on your list at end of challenge basically.
May 8, 2016 11:01 AM

Dec 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Dragonsbait said:
It's partly to make sure you didn't reuse anime (obviously this can be checked more easily, but it's important for record keeping). Upon signup you just write whatever number of completed anime you have at the time and you do the same thing when you turn your form in.

I did start the challenge the beginning of this month and as I was looking for more anime that fit the criteria I came across some anime that I had watch years back. I added them without thinking that that might mess up the challenge.
May 8, 2016 11:02 AM

Dec 2015
AudioTsunami said:
Dragonsbait said:

it's just the number on your personal list. It's so we can tell there are 50 new anime on your list at end of challenge basically.

Ah ok. Thanks. I get so paranoid sometimes.
May 8, 2016 11:30 AM
Jan 2016
Dumb question here- If I have already started a series that is currently airing (talking about Spring 2016 series) , can I add it to my challenge list or is it too late?
May 8, 2016 11:56 AM

Oct 2014
svetl1 said:
Dumb question here- If I have already started a series that is currently airing (talking about Spring 2016 series) , can I add it to my challenge list or is it too late?
It's never too late. The only restriction with seasonals is that if they're one or two cour and they finish airing in 2016 then you have to complete them before turning the challenge in. All anime that you started and completed in 2016 can count towards the challenge.
May 8, 2016 12:05 PM
Jan 2016
zombie_pegasus said:
svetl1 said:
It's never too late. The only restriction with seasonals is that if they're one or two cour and they finish airing in 2016 then you have to complete them before turning the challenge in. All anime that you started and completed in 2016 can count towards the challenge.
Thanks for the info^^ It's my first time doing the challenge and I'm still not too familiar with it. I hope I can finish it on time lol.
May 8, 2016 12:21 PM

Apr 2010
So, as I'm entering the last stretch of the challenge, there's a couple of things I'd like advice on :

1) Is there anything wrong on my challenge sheet ?
It's better to correct course now rather than find out when I'm done. ;-)

2) Any suggestions for the "anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" slot ?
My requirements :
- TV series, 1 or 2 cour. (And a full one, not shorts.)
- Nothing that's already on my list. Especially "Plan to Watch", as that's reserved for other slots in the challenge.
- Actually, extend that to nothing from the 2010s. Either I've already watched it, or I've tried it out and found it lacking, or there were other reasons I didn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.
- Nothing that started airing in 2005. Just because.
- Nothing related to anything else I've watched for the challenge, I'd really like something "new".

It's a bit more stringent than average, but I'm sure you'll find something ? ;-)
May 8, 2016 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
Jhiday said:
2) Any suggestions for the "anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" slot ?

It's hard to recommend something to someone who watched more than 1000 anime, but I'll try nonetheless :-)

Mahoutsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto
Mahoutsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora
Rozen Maiden
Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi
Kurokami The Animation
Hikari to Mizu no Daphne
Tales of the Abyss
07-Ghost
May 8, 2016 12:49 PM

Jul 2014
Can I get some recommendations for anime, preferably not in my PTW list and is one cour? Looking for a decent slice of life school comedy anime that I haven't seen/heard. Romance is fine but ecchi/harem is something I don't prefer. Thanks.
May 8, 2016 12:54 PM

Oct 2014
Jhiday said:
So, as I'm entering the last stretch of the challenge, there's a couple of things I'd like advice on :

1) Is there anything wrong on my challenge sheet ?
It's better to correct course now rather than find out when I'm done. ;-)

My requirements :
- TV series, 1 or 2 cour. (And a full one, not shorts.)
- Nothing that's already on my list. Especially "Plan to Watch", as that's reserved for other slots in the challenge.
- Actually, extend that to nothing from the 2010s. Either I've already watched it, or I've tried it out and found it lacking, or there were other reasons I didn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.
- Nothing that started airing in 2005. Just because.
- Nothing related to anything else I've watched for the challenge, I'd really like something "new".

It's a bit more stringent than average, but I'm sure you'll find something ? ;-)
1. You need to specify the award Mind Game won.
Other than that it all works

2. Bartender, Happy Happy Clover, and Shigofumi are some good ones I've seen that fit all of your requirements.
May 8, 2016 12:55 PM

Jul 2014
koto said:
Can I get some recommendations for anime, preferably not in my PTW list and is one cour? Looking for a decent slice of life school comedy anime that I haven't seen/heard. Romance is fine but ecchi/harem is something I don't prefer. Thanks.
I should get paid for doing recommendations for people with lots of completed anime :-P

So this time something from SoL genre? :-)
Tamayura: Hitotose
May 8, 2016 5:07 PM

Dec 2012
Is rewatching permitted? I didn't find that in the FAQ. Started rewatching Dragon Ball with a friend and I thought I could use it as one of the entries since it's so long and it will take some time to watch. Thanks guys for always helping out, by the way. :)
May 8, 2016 5:10 PM

Oct 2014
Snizel said:
Is rewatching permitted? I didn't find that in the FAQ. Started rewatching Dragon Ball with a friend and I thought I could use it as one of the entries since it's so long and it will take some time to watch. Thanks guys for always helping out, by the way. :)
There is a rewatch challenge. Other than that you shouldn't rewatch unless you absolutely have to.
May 8, 2016 5:52 PM

Dec 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
Snizel said:
There is a rewatch challenge. Other than that you shouldn't rewatch unless you absolutely have to.

Guess that makes sense. I'll use Dragon Ball for my rewatch challenge, and Steins;Gate and whatever else I started rewatching I'll just finish without using here, I guess one or two more anime watched this year won't make me fail the whole challenge. Thanks.
May 9, 2016 1:40 AM

Apr 2010
zombie_pegasus said:

Thanks ! That's corrected.

And thanks to mozgow and you for the recommendations ; although I'm not sure yet whether I'll go for Bartender, Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, or Someday's Dreamers.
May 9, 2016 2:35 PM

Sep 2014
Jhiday said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Thanks ! That's corrected.

And thanks to mozgow and you for the recommendations ; although I'm not sure yet whether I'll go for Bartender, Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, or Someday's Dreamers.

You seemed to like Death Parade. Bartender has a similar vibe, so I would recommend that one.
May 9, 2016 8:33 PM

Apr 2015
Can someone give me a recommendation for the challenge? I'd really appreciate it! c: Just visit my list to see what I've watched / what I like!
May 9, 2016 9:40 PM

Aug 2014
slurpeee said:
Can someone give me a recommendation for the challenge? I'd really appreciate it! c: Just visit my list to see what I've watched / what I like!

I'd have to recommend you Death Note and Durarara!!, since both are in your PTW :D I also recommend Your Lie in April for romance, Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic for adventure/action + strong characters, and The Seven Deadly Sins for a cool action/shounen with a fun adventure. I hope this helps, and good luck with your challenge!
May 11, 2016 6:25 AM

Sep 2013
Hey Guys :)

I have a question:
Watch an anime that was recently reviewed ►

What exactly does recently mean ? Can I watch an Anime that been reviewd like 3 weeks ago or ist this too long ago ? Is there a Limit of days/weeks ?
Hope you'll understund what I mean >.> bad English :/
May 11, 2016 6:52 AM

Aug 2015
Fuuk0chan said:

I have a question:

What exactly does recently mean ? Can I watch an Anime that been reviewed like 3 weeks ago or is this too long ago ? Is there a Limit of days/weeks ?
Hope you'll understand what I mean >.> bad English :/

Any review that was made starting on January 1st will do just fine.
May 11, 2016 8:31 AM

Oct 2014
Fuuk0chan said:

I have a question:

What exactly does recently mean ? Can I watch an Anime that been reviewd like 3 weeks ago or ist this too long ago ? Is there a Limit of days/weeks ?
I believe Shey gave the definition "a review that's found in the first three pages". You're supposed to go to the recent reviews section rather than looking through your PTW hoping one will fit. The oldest review on the third page right now was posted three days ago, so three weeks would be too long. There are plenty of good looking anime on the first page of reviews. If you've seen all of them (aside from the airing ones, if that's not your thing) then you can look further. You only have to add the anime to the challenge while the review is still recent; when you get to watching the anime isn't important.
May 11, 2016 8:35 AM

Jun 2007
I have a question regarding this item under Creators:
» Watch an anime by a director/composer/studio you don't know
  i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before

Is it limited to those three (director/composer/studio) or are original creators counted (mangaka, etc)? I want to watch One-Punch Man by ONE and he is listed under One-Punch Man's staff as the original creator. Many thanks~
^_^
May 11, 2016 9:15 AM

Mar 2013
jet2r0cks said:
» Watch an anime by a director/composer/studio you don't know
  i.e. You haven't seen anything from them before

Is it limited to those three (director/composer/studio) or are original creators counted (mangaka, etc)? I want to watch One-Punch Man by ONE and he is listed under One-Punch Man's staff as the original creator. Many thanks~

it's limited to those 3, that's why those 3 are listed.
May 11, 2016 9:17 AM

Mar 2013
Fuuk0chan said:

I have a question:

Zombie gave you the right info, but the way i completed the challenge and i think the easiest way, is just watch something popular that's airing.
May 11, 2016 12:07 PM

Jun 2007
AudioTsunami said:
jet2r0cks said:

it's limited to those 3, that's why those 3 are listed.

Aww. I thought I'd ask since the heading for that section is "creators" and the one who made the source material should be considered one, at least I think so. Anyway, thank you for your reply! I guess I'll just have to look for a different series.
^_^
May 11, 2016 12:18 PM

Dec 2014
How do I tell whats a three cours anime? Like is there an episode minimum or...?
Also is Kyou kara Maou! a three cours anime?
May 11, 2016 12:24 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
TimeLady said:
How do I tell whats a three cours anime? Like is there an episode minimum or...?

A cour is a single season (of four in a year) so a one cour anime would be 11-13 episodes. A three cour is generally around 36 episodes.

Kyou kara Maou! would count since it is longer than three cour.
May 11, 2016 12:31 PM

Oct 2014
TimeLady said:

78 episodes would make it a six cour anime by length and the series took eight cours to air. By the Japanese definition this is an eight cour anime and the challenge would consider this to be a six cour anime. Either way it's far more than you need. It counts for the challenge, but if you want to watch something shorter you're free to do so (four cour anime are much more common than 3 cour anime, BTW).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 41 42 [43] 44 45 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Favorite anime spring 2024

ani2016 - Jun 10

24 by CaptainKenshiro »»
35 seconds ago

» Why do you dislike historical anime? ( 1 2 )

perseii - Jun 8

58 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
4 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite silent characters and why?

JaaShooUhh - 2 hours ago

4 by Tirinchas »»
17 minutes ago

» is being possessive of an anime, a symbol of ur attachment to it?

BerriesSan - 5 hours ago

4 by Catalano »»
31 minutes ago

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - 2 hours ago

2 by Catalano »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.