Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2016 1:05 AM
Jul 2018
lanblade said:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1479633
Can you make the challenge and collection titles a hyperlink to the challenge/collection itself.

And a heads up for the KyoAni challenge.
Musaigen no Phantom World has picture dramas on the DVD/BD releases. So a MAL entry will be accepted/created soon (theoretically, sometimes it takes a month till they approve a modern anime). May 11th is the next DVD/BD release so we should expect a second one on there, ep 1 is already out obviously. I'm fully expecting there to be 7 total eps. Their last two anime (Amagi and Kyoukai) had 7 mini-theater eps along with a full extra episode; Musaigen already has the full extra episode accounted for in the DB albeit not yet aired so it makes sense with the pattern that they're be 7 of the baby eps.
Anyway, the 1st ep isn't subbed yet so it'd go under MISC regardless as of right now.

About the HoF, I thought if you wanted to see the challenge, just click on any of the usernames underneath. But well, true, some do not have achievers yet. On it and will be done soon.
Apr 22, 2016 7:08 AM

Nov 2013
riho88riho said:

On a side note - one of the reasons it might be in the top 100 worst rated on MAL might be due to its English dub XD haha

Indeed, in some of these cases the dub is gloriously awful xD
You all need to watch Nami.

Apr 22, 2016 7:54 AM

Sep 2011
abystoma2 said:
riho88riho said:

On a side note - one of the reasons it might be in the top 100 worst rated on MAL might be due to its English dub XD haha

Indeed, in some of these cases the dub is gloriously awful xD

I've only seen one, but I heard a lot of the hentai that's been dubbed is hilarious to watch because of the English >.<;; that's just sad... lol

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
β˜… Hi-Score Challenge β˜…
β˜… Represent AWC Club β˜…
β˜… Anime Watching Challenges Club β˜…
Apr 22, 2016 7:59 AM

Nov 2013
riho88riho said:
but I heard a lot of the hentai that's been dubbed is hilarious to watch because of the English >.<;; that's just sad... lol

Ogenki Clinic is certainly one of them.
There's even a club dedicated to such hentai.

Apr 22, 2016 4:59 PM

Jan 2011
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1503068

Minor spelling error
martical arts -> martial arts
Apr 22, 2016 5:31 PM

May 2014
Not sure if asked or mentioned, but can ONA's be used instead of OVAs for anything?
Apr 22, 2016 5:59 PM

Sep 2011
lanblade said:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1503068

Minor spelling error
martical arts -> martial arts
Fixed.

SecretDinosaur said:
Not sure if asked or mentioned, but can ONA's be used instead of OVAs for anything?
Yes, unless it actually says OVA specifically.

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Apr 22, 2016 6:24 PM

Jan 2011
For the Ultimate challenge
Under the 1994 Spring suggestions Ginga Sengoku Gunyuuden Rai can be added as a 3rd option. It's on BBT under the title "Ginga Sengoku Gun Yuuden Rai".

KyoAni challenge
just noticed that the Munto section says 0/2, should be 0/4 now.
the Full Metal Panic! section has 4 listed not 5.
The change in numbers means there's 71 total anime not including the bonus.
Fancy Lala has some kind of hyphen after its name that it doesn't need.

Genre Music challenge
Why are some genres not included?
Ecchi, Psychological, Seinen, and Vampire all have at least 2 watchable music videos.
lanbladeApr 22, 2016 10:02 PM
Apr 23, 2016 6:16 PM

May 2014
For the Highest Score Anime Challenge, I am in batch 1 so do I just select someone else in batch 1? Or do I have a specific person lol

Moved to here. Answers should go there, as well.
SecretDinosaurApr 23, 2016 9:07 PM
Apr 23, 2016 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
lanblade said:
For the Ultimate challenge
Under the 1994 Spring suggestions Ginga Sengoku Gunyuuden Rai can be added as a 3rd option. It's on BBT under the title "Ginga Sengoku Gun Yuuden Rai".

KyoAni challenge
just noticed that the Munto section says 0/2, should be 0/4 now.
the Full Metal Panic! section has 4 listed not 5.
The change in numbers means there's 71 total anime not including the bonus.
Fancy Lala has some kind of hyphen after its name that it doesn't need.

Genre Music challenge
Ecchi, Psychological, Seinen, and Vampire all have at least 2 watchable music videos.

Ultimate Challenge - done.

KyoAni Challenge - done.

Genre-Music Challenge - cannot provide an answer as of yet.

Thank you so much.
Apr 24, 2016 1:42 PM

Nov 2013
Shouldn't Carnival Phantasm (and it's specials) and Shingetsutan Tsukihime be part of Fate challenge? Carnival Phantasm is directly related even on MAL and Tsukimihe is related on AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=rel&aid=1015), it's the same case as Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and Photon for Tenchi Muyou! Challenge.

Apr 24, 2016 5:35 PM

Sep 2011
lanblade said:
Genre Music challenge
Was aiming for making it so that you weren't using ones you'd already watched and since those genres had so few, it was highly likely that people had already seen those genres leaving them without alternatives.

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Apr 24, 2016 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
abystoma2 said:
Shouldn't Carnival Phantasm (and it's specials) and Shingetsutan Tsukihime be part of Fate challenge? Carnival Phantasm is directly related even on MAL and Tsukimihe is related on AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=rel&aid=1015), it's the same case as Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari and Photon for Tenchi Muyou! Challenge.

I believe OtakuGuy123 wanted the core Fate series only. Otherwise he would have asked for a Nasuverse challenge which which would include Fate, Carnival, Shinget, and KnK. And Canaan as the odd ball.

riho88riho said:
lanblade said:
Genre Music challenge
Was aiming for making it so that you weren't using ones you'd already watched and since those genres had so few, it was highly likely that people had already seen those genres leaving them without alternatives.

Makes sense.
Apr 25, 2016 11:43 AM

Nov 2013
Bones Challenge?
abystoma2Apr 25, 2016 1:13 PM

Apr 25, 2016 12:02 PM

Aug 2014
Bones challenge sounds like a nice ride, i like that.
Apr 25, 2016 1:09 PM
Jul 2014
For the OVA Exposure challenge, the "Watch an OVA from the MAL search using a random generated word from this site." doesn't have a link to the site, that was supposed to be there
Apr 25, 2016 5:35 PM

Jan 2011
abystoma2 said:
Bones Challenge?

Is Soul Eater: Late Night Show feasible? I know ep 22 and 27 were one of those "lost" eps since they weren't included in the BD release. IDK if anyone actually rescued the TV RAWs of a re-air for those specific eps. It personally pissed me off to have something hanging 49 out of 51 that I set it to fully complete.
Apr 26, 2016 1:14 AM

Nov 2013
lanblade said:

Is Soul Eater: Late Night Show feasible? I know ep 22 and 27 were one of those "lost" eps since they weren't included in the BD release. IDK if anyone actually rescued the TV RAWs of a re-air for those specific eps. It personally pissed me off to have something hanging 49 out of 51 that I set it to fully complete.

I'm sure I found them on some site, even subbed (in LQ though). But I may be confusing it with something else, I'll check it when I'll get home.

Edit: Yep, I have them. I uploaded them on nyaa if anyone wants to watch them (or if anyone wants to confirm if these are the right episodes).
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=806498
abystoma2Apr 26, 2016 7:46 AM

Apr 26, 2016 7:57 AM

Feb 2010
I don't think the Gosick recap is available. I tried searching for it in the past (a couple of times actually) and no luck. With some luck you might find it raw, but other than that, I don't think it's possible to watch.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Apr 26, 2016 10:04 AM

Nov 2013
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt is now finished, so you can remove the "airing" from the Gundam Challenge.

Also, just a random though about the Highest Score Challenge, wouldn't it be nice to include something like "Your score:" in the finished form? That way it could easily be seen how many people watched something they liked thanks to the challenge. You would would at least want to know how the other person from your pairing liked the anime chosen from your list, right? It can already be seen from the person's list, but this could save people some clicking and finding

So the form could look for example like:
Name: SheyCroix
Level Achieved: 1
From Batch: 1
Anime: Mushishi Zoku Shou: Odoro no Michi
Score: 7/10
Finished on time
~ I want to participate again

Akai_Shuichi said:
I don't think the Gosick recap is available. I tried searching for it in the past (a couple of times actually) and no luck. With some luck you might find it raw, but other than that, I don't think it's possible to watch.

Oh, right, seems like only RAW is available, it should be moved to bonus and since Gosick now has only one subbed series, the series itself should be moved to Other.
abystoma2Apr 26, 2016 10:22 AM

Apr 26, 2016 10:57 AM

Sep 2011
@SheyCroix
abystoma2 said:
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt is now finished, so you can remove the "airing" from the Gundam Challenge.

Also, just a random though about the Highest Score Challenge, wouldn't it be nice to include something like "Your score:" in the finished form? That way it could easily be seen how many people watched something they liked thanks to the challenge. You would would at least want to know how the other person from your pairing liked the anime chosen from your list, right? It can already be seen from the person's list, but this could save people some clicking and finding

So the form could look for example like:
Name: SheyCroix
Level Achieved: 1
From Batch: 1
Anime: Mushishi Zoku Shou: Odoro no Michi
Score: 7/10
Finished on time
~ I want to participate again

Akai_Shuichi said:

Oh, right, seems like only RAW is available, it should be moved to bonus and since Gosick now has only one subbed series, the series itself should be moved to Other.
This has been adjusted. Thanks!

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Apr 26, 2016 11:12 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011

Sounds interesting (about the HSAC)

ღ HiScore ღ LoScore ღ Auction

ღ Turn-Ins ღ AWCc

α“šα˜α—’

Apr 26, 2016 11:29 AM

Nov 2013
Once again just to be sure, this time about Studios Challenge.
"Previously seen does not count."
But what about previously started, but not completed yet?

Apr 26, 2016 11:45 AM

Sep 2011
abystoma2 said:
Once again just to be sure, this time about Studios Challenge.
"Previously seen does not count."
But what about previously started, but not completed yet?
Since the challenge allows you to use Jan.1st as the start date, and there should be enough series, I'm going to say something started before Jan.1st doesn't count.

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Apr 26, 2016 1:39 PM

May 2014
I made a slight error when I submitted the Studio Challenge. I misspelled 'Studio Deen'. I put an a instead of two e's lol.
Apr 26, 2016 4:49 PM

Feb 2010
I have a suggestion regarding the Ultimate Challenge:

I think it's kinda ridiculous to prohibit animes from the Aired XXXX Challenge, as the point of said challenges are different, so it'd be basically "watch 11 series per season", which I think it's uneccesary, so there's two paths that I think could make sense:

A. Just eliminate the rule and permit overlapping those challenges.

B. Forget about asking one anime per season starting from 2007 and actually ask for the Aired XXXX Challenge of said year complete (I'd do this... I mean, it's called "Ultimate Challenge"). Of course, I'm suggesting this option assuming the plan is to actually do aired challenges for every year between 2007 and 2012.

Apr 26, 2016 9:49 PM

Jan 2011
Spelling error
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1479633

>A jobi well done
Apr 26, 2016 9:56 PM

Jan 2011
abystoma2 said:
lanblade said:

I'm sure I found them on some site, even subbed (in LQ though). But I may be confusing it with something else, I'll check it when I'll get home.

Edit: Yep, I have them. I uploaded them on nyaa if anyone wants to watch them (or if anyone wants to confirm if these are the right episodes).
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=806498

Your torrent let me match up the sub font style to the sub group, Rumbel. I downloaded their two eps and confirmed that's the match!
http://i.imgur.com/2Dafrh1.jpg
That's some good scooby doo mystery solving there.

But your release is missing the first 40 seconds of the bits as the specials are a combination of the eyecatch/half-time and the post-ED section and preview (aka, your release is missing the eyecatch segment which is there the commercial break was).

Though, that does give some good information to put as a note in the challenge.
The DVD/BD releases of Soul Eater: Late Night Show specials did not contain episode 22 and 27. TV airings did and those were subbed/released by the group Rumbel.
Apr 27, 2016 2:41 AM

Feb 2010
I think we should have a Macross Challenge or Collection (not sure where it qualifies). I'll leave the series here. I haven't seen the majority, so I don't know if there's something unsubbed, but those details can be corrected little by little:

Apr 27, 2016 4:58 AM

Sep 2011
Akai_Shuichi said:
I have a suggestion regarding the Ultimate Challenge:

I think it's kinda ridiculous to prohibit animes from the Aired XXXX Challenge, as the point of said challenges are different, so it'd be basically "watch 11 series per season", which I think it's uneccesary, so there's two paths that I think could make sense:

A. Just eliminate the rule and permit overlapping those challenges.

B. Forget about asking one anime per season starting from 2007 and actually ask for the Aired XXXX Challenge of said year complete (I'd do this... I mean, it's called "Ultimate Challenge"). Of course, I'm suggesting this option assuming the plan is to actually do aired challenges for every year between 2007 and 2012.
Ah well. While I could go option 3 and leave as is =p I'll take ya up on option A since there are seasons where 11 is kinda pushing it anyway. Was originally just trying to add exposure since 2007 and on usually has been seen by a majority of everyone (at least one series per season I mean). But I agree, it is a bit annoying and a stretch so I'll remove the requirement.

I'll get badges made for the Macross and get it added as well - I had always planned to, but someone grabbed the idea and threw it up in another club before I could officially release it which then made me hold off on it because it left a bad taste of awkwardness XD

IMKZ fixed. Thanks!

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Apr 27, 2016 5:14 AM

Nov 2013
Akai_Shuichi said:
I think we should have a Macross Challenge or Collection (not sure where it qualifies). I'll leave the series here. I haven't seen the majority, so I don't know if there's something unsubbed, but those details can be corrected little by little:

Macross F Music Clip Shuu: Nyankuri is currently unsubbed, and even if it's marked as Music type, it has some dialogues so it would probably be better to make it a bonus.

Apr 27, 2016 6:07 AM

Nov 2013
For the Movie-Series Challenge, would movies related to each other as Other count, or it has to be prequels/sequel?

Such these would be for example Short Peace

or Anime Mirai 20xy

And maybe Kara no Kyoukai Remix: Gate of Seventh Heaven and Kara no Kyoukai: Manner Movies could be added under Kara no Kyoukai?
abystoma2Apr 27, 2016 6:12 AM

Apr 27, 2016 6:27 AM

Sep 2011
abystoma2 said:
For the Movie-Series Challenge, would movies related to each other as Other count, or it has to be prequels/sequel?

Such these would be for example Short Peace

or Anime Mirai 20xy

And maybe Kara no Kyoukai Remix: Gate of Seventh Heaven and Kara no Kyoukai: Manner Movies could be added under Kara no Kyoukai?
No to the mentioned because I wanted the movies to be directly related, not turn it into mini-collections/challenges of movies that are somehow related but not directly. Had to draw the line somewhere xD thus they have to be directly (sequel, prequel) related. Otherwise you'd get lists of movies that aren't really a "series" - which is the intent behind this challenge... basically watching groups of movies that, put together, tell a whole story. ^-^ Thanks for the suggestion and input~!

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Apr 27, 2016 6:29 AM

Nov 2013
Well, you could say that Kara no Kyoukai recap movie is still technically part of the story.

Apr 27, 2016 6:31 AM

Sep 2011
abystoma2 said:
Well, you could say that Kara no Kyoukai recap movie is still technically part of the story.
But then you could argue other sides/summaries/etc. =p You make one exception then you have to make/consider more XD

For simplicity - prequels/sequels only Lol <3

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Apr 27, 2016 7:05 AM

Sep 2011
abystoma2 said:
Well, in that case, here are some strictly prequel/sequel movies I know about:
Ah! Thanks! I'll get those added~

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Apr 27, 2016 7:21 AM

Feb 2010
Can I actually "upgrade" the badge in the 100-episodes series challenge?

I'll just use my current situation as an example, as it is pretty simple and clear:

I have 20 series that qualify right now, so that'd mean I can get the Medium difficulty badge. Would I need to watch 30 more series to get the hard badge (which means having a total of 50, and both badges), or by watching 10 more (a total of 30) I could just go and replace the medium level badge for the hard level badge?

Apr 27, 2016 7:36 AM

Sep 2011
Akai_Shuichi said:
Can I actually "upgrade" the badge in the 100-episodes series challenge?

I'll just use my current situation as an example, as it is pretty simple and clear:

I have 20 series that qualify right now, so that'd mean I can get the Medium difficulty badge. Would I need to watch 30 more series to get the hard badge (which means having a total of 50, and both badges), or by watching 10 more (a total of 30) I could just go and replace the medium level badge for the hard level badge?
If you want to display BOTH you need 50 series. If you want to turn-in the med. of 20, when you upgrade to the hard, make sure you specify UPGRADE. I'll go adjust the form for it in the Turn-In thread.

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Apr 27, 2016 7:39 AM

Feb 2010
Ok, perfect!

Apr 28, 2016 10:23 AM

Feb 2010
At the very least, I can assure you the first three are (I've seen the first two and I have the third... I might have the 3D Tachikoma no Hibi, but I'm not 100% sure... let's just say I'm only 80% sure it's also available)

PS: In the Gundam Challenge, it currently says "Anno Domino" when it's "Anno Domini", just a small typo there.

Apr 28, 2016 11:12 AM

Sep 2011
Alright they've been added to the collection.

For now it'll stay as a collection because it really doesn't have enough "content" to really be a "challenge"
While there are over 20 series, the episode count isn't that high considering the mast majority of the "series" are movies or 1-episodes.

Two of the series that have over 25 episodes are only 5 minutes each and without those, there are literally only 2 series that have over 10 episodes.

For now, until more probably/possible come out, it'll stay a collection.

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Apr 28, 2016 11:20 AM

Nov 2013
Akai_Shuichi said:
At the very least, I can assure you the first three are (I've seen the first two and I have the third... I might have the 3D Tachikoma no Hibi, but I'm not 100% sure... let's just say I'm only 80% sure it's also available)

PS: In the Gundam Challenge, it currently says "Anno Domino" when it's "Anno Domini", just a small typo there.

According to the AniDB, Uchikoma no Hibi is subbed, but Solid State Society 3D Tachikoma no Hibi has only raws.

Apr 28, 2016 11:23 AM

Feb 2010
@abystoma2 Uchikoma's defintiely subbed. Like I said, I even watched that. I wasn't sure about 3D Tachikoma, so good to know.

Also, I do believe it is subbed, but I haven't been to find the Logicoma Specials. Those are a really quick watch, but I just can't find them (I've actually seen dead links, I believe dead torrents and even online videos taken down).

Apr 28, 2016 11:32 AM

Sep 2011
abystoma2 said:
Akai_Shuichi said:

According to the AniDB, Uchikoma no Hibi is subbed, but Solid State Society 3D Tachikoma no Hibi has only raws.
Adjusted collection; thanks!

β˜… Scavenger Hunts β˜…
Apr 29, 2016 1:44 AM

Nov 2013
Transformers Collection/Challenge?

Reverse situation as with Ghost in the Shell. Even if it doesn't have over 20 series, it has over 500 episodes in total, so it should be challenging enough to qualify as a challenge.
abystoma2Apr 29, 2016 2:07 AM

Apr 29, 2016 3:17 AM

Feb 2010
I was thinking about a World Masterpiece Theater Challenge, but I've been a bit hesitant because there's still a whole lot that's still unsubbed, so then I thought that maybe a "Western Literature Challenge" could be a good idea, and there add some WMT. Give a bit more freedom to choose things that are not WMT (Gankutsuou, Romeo x Julliet, Takarajima, etc).

I was thinking of rules like:

- TV Type only (or OVA/Movie series that are as long as a TV series) -or include movies but make ask for a lot more entries to complete the challenge-
- Minimum 4/8/12 WMT series (there should be currently 19 of these fully english subbed, plus a couple that are being worked on... could even be 5/10/15).
- Total of 20-25-30 series for example
- Maybe say that the Original Creator must be a classic literature author for it to qualify

Could also expand and be called "Classic Literature Challenge" so that things like Aoi Bungaku Series or Genji Monogatari count.

I could help putting together a "Suggestion List", and depending on the length of it we could define how many series would the challenge require.

I think it'd be a great challenge because there's a lot of hidden gems in these kind of series, and it's the kind of series A LOT of anime fans don't even know about. It's a nice way for an anime fan to get to know some of the biggest classic in literature... with some luck, it might encourage someone to read a little bit.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» πŸ”± LoScore γ€Œ Batch 56: JUN 03 | Sign Up B.56 until JUN 16 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Aug 26, 2019

9470 by Campiz06 »»
2 hours ago

» 🌊 June 2024 Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 )

AWCC_admin - May 31

179 by nightjasmine »»
2 hours ago

» 🟣 HiScore II γ€Œ Anniversary Batch 143: JUN 02 | Sign Up B.143 until JUN 08 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - May 1, 2021

7324 by Campiz06 »»
5 hours ago

Sticky: » πŸ† Challenges Turn-Ins (v.3) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Nov 1, 2021

9108 by SheyCroix »»
7 hours ago

» Thriller Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Nov 10, 2019

301 by Aur0ra »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.