Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 23, 2013 4:15 AM
Oct 2011
Waste of money. Waste of time. Waste of paper. Waste of Ink. Waste of electricity. Waste of effort. Waste of potential. Excess of crap.

The end was hilarious btw.
Candor123Sep 23, 2013 4:22 AM
Sep 23, 2013 6:00 AM

Mar 2011
Well it's over. I had considered dropping this but decided to watch it through since it was only 12 episodes.

Was it worth it? Eh...

So umm Dee was a ghost why? Is she alive or dead? How was Alis saved? And any explanation for the whole god abandoning the world?

Well was kind of enjoyable, slow, sweet a little boring but not bad overall.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 23, 2013 6:19 AM

Aug 2011
Okay, first off, I'd like to say I really enjoyed the show. Really enjoyed it. Which is why it makes me so sad that I still have questions after watching it. The art, animation, music; I don't have any problems with any of these, they were great and set the mood perfectly. I think I might even by the OST and the OP/ED singles.

See, my problems start with the awful pacing. If they had stretched out episodes 1-3 for a longer time, it would have been a lot better; not to mention Scar's conflict as well. Scar's conflict was baffling since I didn't understand what was going on at all, and then suddenly she felt better. Whaaat? What happened there? Maybe spending a longer time on that would have been better. Also, I might have missed something, but didn't Hampnie say that Gravekeepers don't have emotions? Or was it that Gravekeepers just don't have remorse? Because Scar is clearly not emotionless.

Okay, I'm clearly not the only one who had a problem with the ending. But my problem wasn't the fact that Alice died, but it was that Dee didn't realize that Alice had died. I thought that on the previous episode, upon seeing that newspaper article, she would have realized that it was Alice and not her. And Alice knew that it was him all along? It just... confused me. I felt like it could have been carried out in a better way. And then the actual ending; when Ai and Alice were parting, I actually cried a little bit, but then he just came back to life. This is not what I had a problem with, the problem is that they don't even... attempt to explain how he was saved. I heard in the LN she makes a strong wish for him to live and so he does, but why couldn't they even try and explain that here?

Ah and then, there's this question. So was the reason that Dee was a ghost outside the loop because she had misunderstood and thought Alice was alive but she was dead?

Overall, while I liked the show, it bothers me with these loose ends untied.

7/10, Most of the problems lie in the pacing of the show, I'm sure if they had more episodes it would have been a lot better and way less rushed.
Sep 23, 2013 6:49 AM

May 2012
I'm glad that Dee is still alive. I love her

The first 3 episodes were good, and ending is also good. But the middle episodes were somewhat boring.

7/10
Sep 23, 2013 6:59 AM

May 2010
What a troll, Alis was the one who died??? His speech was so sad... Damn, I like Dee x Alis, but I love Alis x Ai more, I am so confused... Tearjerker all the way, reminded me so much of Angel Beats... That hug scene... Wait, he is alright? What's with that open ending, a 2nd season??? I WANT ONE SO BADLY!

10/10, inspite of the troll ending. I love it so so much!
Sep 23, 2013 7:26 AM

Apr 2011
What a shocking revelation! Dee didn't died because Alis saved her, in exchange, he died. Then, Ai saved him...Oh...LOL! It made me dizzy. Anyway, I'm glad that Alis was saved.

7/10

Sep 23, 2013 7:50 AM

Mar 2012
When Ai apparently saved Alis... WTF? I have to say, I really liked the way they did that last scene with the embrace and Alis pushing Ai back to the outside world, but that very last scene with the 5-second miracle ruined it a bit for me. It lessened a lot of the impact the ending could have had.

Despite all of the story incoherence and the lack of depth everywhere, I did enjoy the series and think it was worth a watch to a degree. 6/10 from me.
Sep 23, 2013 9:19 AM

Apr 2012
Beautiful to look at, great ed theme song but the plot was all over the place! 6/10
Sep 23, 2013 11:13 AM
Mar 2009
There seem to be major gaps in the logic for this series.

I still cannot comprehend why Ai's father eventually became mortal... it seems wishes are granted, but the people who make the wishes are not always aware of specifically what they wished for, so they live as if they have to seek for reasons outside of themselves.

This bewilderment has not cleared up any more, and now the the series is over, I ask myself, what did I just watch? Was it worth it?

I would be reading too much into it if I said that this whole series basically was an alternate take on what an Apocalypse would look like.... there is mass death and even double-death, and apparently ends with resurrection and a hint that if people had just wished to live forever, they would have (Dee basically said they should have just wished her back to life...but... if she wasn't dead in the first place...?)

Mindfuck to the extreme, is all I can say about this series, in terms of plot, story.

The fact is, the visuals are great, music is nice, and I enjoyed the sensation of watching it, but this is actually the first time I felt like too much of a great story was hidden from me. I know it has happened before (e.g. the Tsukihime movie oversimplified a lot of points, so the lass fight was anticlimatic), but I have been lucky previously to either know the source material of have so sort of supplemental guide.... for this, however, I was and am totally lost.

What really happens in this post-wish world, anyhow? More questions are generated, the more I look at it.

So, I have to say, the anime made me think... but not in a good way. It makes me think that they omitted important plot details, and important world details.

I enjoyed the time superficially, but not deeply. I'll thus revise my opinion to 4/10 overall.
Sep 23, 2013 2:02 PM

May 2013
this ending made my rating on this anime High, I dont really get it How the hell is Alis alive at the last part and he said "why did you save me?'' and then end this kind a made me curious i hope for an OVA that explains everything
Sep 23, 2013 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
No more life on the planet...
Sep 23, 2013 2:15 PM

Aug 2012
i was getting all emotional .... but they f**ked up the ending ......bad ending to a very decent anime .
Sep 23, 2013 5:06 PM

May 2009
I have to admit I did get emotional, but the ending ended that pretty quick. XD

This anime grew on me, hope for a sequel.
Sep 23, 2013 5:57 PM

Jun 2013
I didn't really understand the ending all that much. I liked the series overall though, especially the music and atmosphere it had.
Sep 23, 2013 7:10 PM

Jul 2013
I am slightly confused... is there more to it?
The ending seemed slightly trippy to me and according to MAL, there's a 13th episode. I really was hoping for more because it was inconclusive.
And about the LN, I can't find it anywhere. I found the manga but it only went up to >! Hampnie's death, which was chapter 19 I think.
Just to add, it is one of my top 5 animes. I really loved it and did actually cry when I thought Alice would die.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Sep 23, 2013 7:13 PM

Jul 2013
RediceRyan said:
What a troll ending.

I loved the art, ost, and liked most characters. So 8/10

The arcs got progressively worse.
Too many unexplained plot points and random twists.

I completely agree with this. It was kiddy in my opinion but I loved the art and the whole theme of death.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Sep 23, 2013 8:24 PM

May 2010
OMG first it was Ai's father, now Alis? Why do they keep on killing the cool guys that you will go kyaaa every time you see them? If there is another season, hope they don't introduce a cool guy like those two and make them disappear. Dam I'm so angry!
Minori said:
*bawling* I'll never get married w/ a body like this! What'll I do?
Kousaka said:
Married? It looks like you're already pregnant.
Sep 23, 2013 9:27 PM

Jul 2013
(Sob, Sob, Sob..)
The heck I cried..

Icebreaker93 said:
That was a good show with nice art and ost, story was a bit rushed.
9/10.

+1
I want some more..
GressaSep 23, 2013 9:33 PM
"Google is your friend.."
Sep 23, 2013 10:36 PM

May 2012
Story was indeed confusing but it was visually appealing to watch at least.

6.5/10
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Sep 24, 2013 2:29 AM

Jul 2012
Okay I loved this anime very much. But what confused me was not the story. But the ending itself.
Wat. I mean, it was so rushed, they didn't even talk about the others's story but only ended it right after Alis's story is done. What about the gravekeepers? the rest of the world? princess and the others?

Art was very nice I liked the colors, as some here said, some plot were unexplained, but still. It was one great anime.
You guys will argue over anything.
Sep 24, 2013 6:21 AM

May 2012
19:36 stupid Dee Y U NO confess

Huh? How the heck did she save him?
I demand an OVA to explain it.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 24, 2013 7:15 AM

Dec 2011
Oh my gosh I didn't expect to cry........... Those Alis and Ai moments omg :''') imcryingomg

So he's alive... Ai managed to save him.. From what I read here (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=666209#msg25249617) it seems that she simply wished for it and came true... dunno if that's right but... I guess it seems legit

Overall 8/10 series.. loved it :3
Sep 24, 2013 7:22 AM

Sep 2011
Such a bad finale. Alice's death had a meaning, a simbolism applied to that microworld knowing as class 3-4, but the ending ruined it all.

Kaminai had lot of good ideas but bad character design (ai specially, one of the most annoying main characters of the season) and inconsistencies in plot make it a mediocre story. Really a bad feeling.
Sep 24, 2013 9:05 AM

Jan 2011
I love the ending! I'm really glad that Alice didn't die! Because if he did, I would have probably given this anime a lower score. Starting off an anime by losing her dad and then ending an anime losing someone else important her...that wouldn't sit well with me. I just don't like that they didn't explain how Ai saved Alice. I have my theories but a proper explanation would be better. Well according to MAL there's a 13th episode...would be nice if they explained things in it....but it's coming out in 2014... ><

With that said...it would be nice if there's a second season or they explained things more in ep. 13.
Sep 24, 2013 11:54 AM

May 2008
9/10 enjoyed the series that ep 3 still kinda shocks me was sad and i doubt this will have a continuation wonder if it copied the novel properly if not hope there an ova 2 explain more.... but overall enjoyed the series even tho it wasn't so clear at the end
Sep 24, 2013 11:59 AM

May 2012
YukiTsubaki said:
I love the ending! I'm really glad that Alice didn't die! Because if he did, I would have probably given this anime a lower score. Starting off an anime by losing her dad and then ending an anime losing someone else important her...that wouldn't sit well with me. I just don't like that they didn't explain how Ai saved Alice. I have my theories but a proper explanation would be better. Well according to MAL there's a 13th episode...would be nice if they explained things in it....but it's coming out in 2014... ><

With that said...it would be nice if there's a second season or they explained things more in ep. 13.

OMG, thanks for that explanation in the spoiler!!! xD Its all clear now :3

Although, i think the end would have a bigger impact if Alice remained dead, but i am still glad he is alive!!! ^^ 8/10
Sep 24, 2013 12:20 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Echelonex said:

Although, i think the end would have a bigger impact if Alice remained dead, but i am still glad he is alive!!! ^^ 8/10

I think there is a misconception that Alis is dead. Like I explained before, this "version" of Alis is 100% alive. His existence was originally sustained by the artificial world. Now it's through Ai's wish.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 24, 2013 5:21 PM
Mar 2013
This ending was both terrible and refreshing at the same time. Refreshing because I'm tired of the 'Hero' honorable sacrifice but terrible because it just made it that more "what the fak am I watching, a fanfiction???". As a series, 6/10 but for enjoyment 8/10 xD

Also, AiXAlis rabu
asdfghjk14789632Sep 24, 2013 5:37 PM
Sep 24, 2013 5:23 PM

Apr 2011
Solely based on the first arc...it was FANTASTIC and I would have scored between 8-9 just for those three episodes. But theeeen here comes the drop -____- the second arc wasn't as "good" but still good, and it was pretty compelling. However, from the third arc you can just tell it is so rushed that by the last arc there are so many plot holes and unexplained-ness, it made it hard for me to keep up with the plot. I can see how they "tried" to make up for all of that by dramatizing it as much as possible at the very end, and I guess it kind of did with the whole plot twist and emotional background music going on??? :s But man...then those last few seconds rly put me off... x( The series would have at least left a better "feel" in the end if they had just let Alice die (as sad as it is...) rather than bringing in even more confusion to the surface :/ I know there is an explanation for this but I think the anime failed to effectively implicate that due to its hasty pacing.

I think the anime could have succeeded more if they had made it longer or simply released it as an OVA of just the first arc. It's a shame coz from what I hear, the LN is really good and it could have met it's potential if this series had more time spent on it by the producers. Any who, despite all the flaws in pacing and plot development etc... I did enjoy this series to a certain extent so I give it credit for that. And I still think Hampnie is one of the coolest characters I've ever seen in anime :3
MayoraaaSep 24, 2013 6:14 PM
Sep 24, 2013 9:24 PM

Jun 2013
Dam, seems like everyone here thought this series sucked, aside from the first arc. I, on the other hand thoroughly enjoyed it.

The writing is really magnificent, There were a few parts that I was a little clueless, but it was only once or twice. The art is gorgeous, I really love the shadows, the shading, and how well they matched the colors together. I thought it was interesting having a younger protagonist too, I ended up really liking Ai as the protagonist. And that ost, I LOVE the instrumental soundtrack. I really want another season of this, I'm not gonna get my hopes up though.

Now, I've never read the LN, and I'm really glad I didn't. Based on that and the what people have posted comparing it to the LN, the series seemed a lot better. Ignorance is bliss I guess XD?
Enjoyment for me is a definite 10/10.
Sep 24, 2013 10:25 PM

Aug 2011
I miss my adorable hakamori....
Sep 24, 2013 11:02 PM

Jan 2013
After episode 3 I had HUGE expectations for this anime... then the plot just went and shit on itself.

Oh well I still enjoyed it; a 7/10 is more than fair
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2013 11:48 PM

Oct 2010
Best anime this season. At least one that always had me anticipating the next episode and didn't require me to cringe every 5 seconds. Perhaps it might have had an "anime original" end, but to people who don't know what the "actual end" entails, ignorance is bliss, and thus is the case for me.
Sep 25, 2013 1:50 AM

Nov 2012
dafuq final episode.. it was really great until..
"the graveyard" SCENE -_-
oh boy.. :/ okay for me.. lol what a troll
Sep 25, 2013 7:37 AM

Dec 2011
Wow. Alis was the one who died in the first place... and he is the real reason. Wow. We are all in the hands of the author.

That unexplained ending though... anyways, it was a nice watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2013 12:01 PM
Sep 2009
I'm confused... so Ai wished for Alice to live? Why did her wish get granted in the first place?

Also why did Alice suddenly remember that it was him? And did Dee just destroy all evidence without ever bothering to read it?

Pretty confusing... I loved the first 6 episodes but after that it kinda got all over the place... I'll still give it 8 since I enjoyed it but creators really needed to give more explanations.
Sep 25, 2013 2:52 PM

Jun 2013
Mystocan said:
One thing I really will miss is "SWEET LOVE IN LOVE WORLD" at the end of every episode :(
Great ED theme, one of my favorites now.

Definitely. Usually, I want to skip over most ED's, but I loved listening to this one.
Sep 25, 2013 5:04 PM

Aug 2011
Mystocan said:
One thing I really will miss is "SWEET LOVE IN LOVE WORLD" at the end of every episode :(

Don't forget:

LIFE ON THE PLANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Best ED ✌♫♪˙❤‿❤˙♫♪✌
Sep 25, 2013 5:38 PM

Sep 2010
Gonna miss this one alot. Really hoping they make a second season. If any show this season deserve it its this one :) Definitely one of the best shows this season, right next to Gatchaman Crowds. :'D
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Sep 25, 2013 6:55 PM

May 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

YOU DO NOT DO ALL THAT FUCKING DRAMA FOR SOME SUDDEN FUCKING TWIST, IT JUST IS NOT FUCKING RIGHT GOD DAMN. If i gave eough shits about the relationship/friendship of Ai and Alis i would've gotten the feels like in episode 3, other than that, it was a solid ending, other than the last 3 seconds, which just took out any sort of impact.

Overall, ever since that baby showed up, it went downhill really fast. 5/10
RockerXDSep 25, 2013 7:00 PM
Sep 25, 2013 9:19 PM

Mar 2007
Okay, based on a couple posts I read, I get what they were trying to do with the ending there. But one lingering thing still bugs me.

WHY DIDN'T SCAR SENSE THAT ALIS WAS DEAD.

Seriously, I would really like to know why this was overlooked. Or did I miss something?
You've come a long way, baby.
Sep 25, 2013 9:51 PM
Jun 2012
Man, if they had just left him dead it would have been a decent, bittersweet ending, but Noooooooooo. Does Japan have something against letting a character stay dead through the last few min of a show?

Now I'm thinking, how did she save him?
If it was him all along, why did Dee turn into a ghost?
Why didn't Scar sense any of this?

Oh and, this, "Oh geez Dee, I know I watched you float around as a ghost all this time, but it just never occured to me THAT YOU MIGHT THINK THAT YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS DEAD."

Ok, I'm done now.
Sep 25, 2013 9:53 PM
Mar 2012
Hamelin said:
Mystocan said:

Definitely. Usually, I want to skip over most ED's, but I loved listening to this one.

I suspect the wish subconsciously prevented her from realizing the truth.

Kimura said:
Okay, based on a couple posts I read, I get what they were trying to do with the ending there. But one lingering thing still bugs me.

WHY DIDN'T SCAR SENSE THAT ALIS WAS DEAD.

Seriously, I would really like to know why this was overlooked. Or did I miss something?

The original Alis is dead and buried. The Alis we see in the series is an alternate version created by the class 3-4 wish. Therefore, he's not dead. And for the reason for him to be alive at the end? Ai's wish moved him from the 3-4 dimension to the real world.

The biggest issues I have is the show failing to explain in more details how the wish granting system works and the actual conditions to break the timeloop.
Sep 25, 2013 10:23 PM

Mar 2009
The best part of this show was the setting/beautiful backgrounds. Ortus arc is still my favorite.
Sep 25, 2013 10:31 PM

Sep 2012
What the heck? The ending seems to be quite an asspull if you ask me. So Alis is dead and buried and the world his classmates created for him is no more but somehow somewhere in Ai's power he could still walk around now that the artificial world is destroyed??

The twist is interesting but that leaves quite a lot to explain. So what is the purpose of Alis bringing in living and dead people in the artificial world if it is not to counter Dee? If Alis only wanted to get Dee and his classmates to take down the artificial world, what is he doing in order to achieve that? I can understand he did not tell Dee and his classmates because he cared about their feelings, but on the other hand I don't see what he has done so far is helping his final goal either.

And if Alis is dead and his physical body is already buried, then why he can walk around and touch things outside the artificial world? Why Dee, being a living person, could only appear in a kind of spirit form instead? No explanation.

At the very least, except for the very end, this arc does not really need Ai to be the grave keeper at all. She is just an observer (actually Alis said exactly the same thing) that happens to be more effective because she connects to Dee and Alis much better (and that she is in the class) but she can be anybody. And Scar and the guy are totally idle - even their comments are more like crumbs given to them so that they have something to do.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 25, 2013 11:13 PM

Jun 2008
Docked the show a full point for this asspull of an episode. Overall, this show had good roots but is mostly just wasted potential. 6/10.
Sep 26, 2013 1:42 AM

Jun 2011
Really love this series.

I love how mysterious the world is with all the unexplained things happening.

Hands down the series had the best art and animation quality this season. Everything was so colourful and beautiful.

The ost's were all magnificent. They played at the right scene every time. The ED was definitely the best, its got this melancholic feel to it and fits the series so well.

Overall great series and would love to see more 10/10
Sep 26, 2013 3:57 AM

May 2013
So if Alis or Alice or whatever could have saved the class all this time, dafuq was he waiting for?

Aside from that, the show sucked. 5/10.
Forever lost.
Sep 26, 2013 7:13 AM

Sep 2012
Dee never died...
It Alis died, but Ai saved him at the end.

I want second season, 8+/10.
Sep 26, 2013 9:06 AM

Oct 2012
OST is finally out, if anyone's interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cO9B1KWyYs&list=PLrS7oi9ufNaLhLwrG9GJasoi_fCzCymt-
KoybzSep 26, 2013 2:44 PM
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

123 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 11:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.