Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 22, 2013 3:31 AM
Jun 2013
Can someone summarize the last arc? wiki doesnt have anything i didn't really get it, espeically the very end...
Sep 22, 2013 5:02 AM
Jun 2012
beiniwang said:
Can someone summarize the last arc? wiki doesnt have anything i didn't really get it, espeically the very end...

Here is my summary (I might add some of my theories at the end). Sorry if it's a bit long (but it's detailed)

The world they are in is the world created by the class 3-4 (Alis and Dee's class). How it was created? It was because the class made a powerful wish 14 years ago (and so their wish came true).

btw, the 'real world' means Ai's world

What was the wish? Why did they make it? Well, in the beginning of the arc, Dee said that one day, 14 years ago, when class 3-4 was preparing for the school festival, she(Dee) accidentally fell out of the window whilst she was trying to fix the curtains and died.

The people in class 3-4 were horrified, and they all made a wish for it to have never happened. "Let us live the happy memories forever and ever" was their wish. (But they could've just wished for Dee to come back to life lol).

Anyways, after they made that wish, another world was created (they were originally in the real world). Let's call this other world "The world of class 3-4". This world answered their wish, therefore everything that happened in the real world that year would be repeated and they would live that year again and again. Until it got to the certain day that Dee died, then the whole world would reset itself. This is because the class wanted to re-live their happy memories as a class forever. (And Dee's death is certainly not a happy memory) They would also lose their memories every time they are reset. Hence, if they are shot and killed, they would be revived but they would not remember being shot.

Therefore, the world tries to imitate EXACTLY what happens on each specific day of that year, because it anything was changed, then certain events wouldn't happen. So the world constantly reverts these changes (like the students being shot, or people being brought in from the real world). For example, if someone brought in a book from the real world, it technically never existed in class 3-4's world yet it does exist now, so the world has to alter itself and change certain things so that it does not affect any major events. (confusing?)

This happens for 14 years and so Alis wants to save class 3-4's world because he realizes that it is just looping. He wants to do this by 'destroying' it, like bringing in people and items from the real world that never existed in class 3-4's world so that the world will have to constantly alter itself until it reaches it's limit and can't alter anymore and will eventually be destroyed.

Alis also calls Dee his enemy? Why? because whilst Alis is trying to destroy the world, Dee is trying to protect it. This is because Dee died in the real world (she fell off the window) and cannot live in the real world (which is why she is a ghost in the real world). So if Alis destroyed the world of class 3-4, she would be the only one to disappear forever. She also is in love with Alis and doesn't want to disappear and to leave him.

Alis doesn't know this, but he knows that Dee doesn't want him to destroy the world. Also, none of the members of class 3-4 except for Dee know what happened on the day they made their wish. Not even Alis.

SOOOO. Dee get's fed up with Ai and tries to reset the world again by reminding the whole class of what happened that day and that she actually died and blah blah blah. She also tries to reset herself (which is why she jumps out of the window) and when she does, she will forget everything that happened in the last 14 years (all her memories with Alis etc.)

BUT. (EPIC PLOT TWIST) :D

You find out that it was actually Alis that died that day because Alis saved Dee from falling but he fell out of the window instead. Alis had lost all his memories and so he couldn't remember it until the last moment and Dee thought that she had died all along.

So in the end, the world of class 3-4 is slowing deteriorating because it cannot handle all of the changes that are happening, so Alis tells everyone to go live their lives in the real world. And since he is actually dead, he cannot go to the real world. Then there are tears D': ( i cried so hard)

So everyone escapes safely, but at the end, you see Alis and Ai and apparently Ai saves Alis.

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN YOU ASK? This is what I think.

The reason why before this arc, Dee was a ghost and Alis was alive when they were in the real world is because they 'believed' that they were so. Dee already knew that she was dead, and Alis did not have his memories. Therefore i think that the world of class 3-4 can change the physical state of your body depending on what you think. AND only when they got their memories back did Dee realize she was not actually dead and therefore she was not a ghost in the real world anymore.

I also think that Ai pulled Alis through the door at the last minute and he managed to be human, BUT HOW? HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD!

Well yeah, he is. But he is the living dead now :D So Ai has to go bury him since she is a gravekeeper.

Yeah so that's pretty much it. I tired my best to be simple but if you still don't get anything, just reply to this XD
Sep 22, 2013 5:20 AM
Jun 2012
Aclos said:
But wasn't it said that Alis was already buried by a gravekeeper in the real world? So Ai would have had to "unbury" him somehow. This is the only thing that's still bugging me.

Ai is special, she might have the power to bring people back to life. She might even be like the reincarnation of god. Like since god abandoned the world, she is god's replacement and she is here to save the world again. OMG THIS IS TOO GOOD XD
Sep 22, 2013 5:56 AM

Jun 2013
Ahhhhhhhh. now it all makes sense. So is Alice a living dead or has he completely come back to life as a human since Ai might have the power to bring people back to life?
Sep 22, 2013 7:26 AM
Jun 2013
thanks for the discussion! :)
in any case the anime didn't explain anything right...i was thinking that I'd missed out on something ><
Sep 22, 2013 8:39 AM

Oct 2010
So after searching various posts go this info on Alice :

A spolier from LN given by hokaru:

Also u can check out spoiler images from of volume 6,7,8 of the light novel from this link - http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120427&page=2

and those who can read jap ,translate us lines in pic where Alice too is shwn..onegaishimasu..

PersiusSep 22, 2013 9:23 AM
Sep 22, 2013 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
I think that Ai made a wish that Allowed Alis to remain with her.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Sep 24, 2013 6:29 AM
Jun 2013
oh yeah! that makes sense. thanks for the insights!
Sep 24, 2013 5:56 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I'll quote myself since people kept asking the same questions:

wakka9ca said:

Ironically, because it seems that without God, the students became the gods of the artificial world. What is more interesting is how that their behavior actually affected the real world (i.e. Dee was able to escape that world in a spirit form and Alis was able to get a real body outside). In a sense, Dee could leave because she didn't remember the truth and eventually mistakenly thought that she was the one who died. The classmates are essentially prisoners of their own cage. The ironic part is that Alis, who is not part of the ones who made the wish, is spared from that, even though he is the reason they made that wish in the first place.

In fact, the original Alis died but the current Alis is not dead. That is why Scar couldn't detect him. What sustained him was the wish of the class. However, Ai eventually made a permanent wish for Alis to remain. In other words, Alis was never brought back from the dead. It's simply a wish for the current Alis to keep living. Ai's wish allowed this to happen. If you think this is confusing, you can consider that the artificial world is an alternate universe in which Alis actually didn't die. Ai was able to bring back Alis to the real world after that world collapsed. The artificial world kinda worked in reverse and was able to grant Ai's wish as though God hasn't abandoned the world (since the masters of the world are actually the students and now Ai as the last observer of that world)

What could be off-putting (some people call it contrived but I think otherwise) with this series is that it does exactly the REVERSE of what common logic would dictate. One would normally think that if Alis was the victim he would not be able to leave the world which makes him alive. However, this anime does exactly the opposite of that common sense. I do understand where people get upset at this series.

In summary, Ai did not dig out Alis grave or anything.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 25, 2013 10:20 PM

Mar 2009
sophiahenrietta said:

The reason why before this arc, Dee was a ghost and Alis was alive when they were in the real world is because they 'believed' that they were so. Dee already knew that she was dead, and Alis did not have his memories. Therefore i think that the world of class 3-4 can change the physical state of your body depending on what you think. AND only when they got their memories back did Dee realize she was not actually dead and therefore she was not a ghost in the real world anymore.

wakka9ca said:

wakka9ca said:

Ironically, because it seems that without God, the students became the gods of the artificial world. What is more interesting is how that their behavior actually affected the real world (i.e. Dee was able to escape that world in a spirit form and Alis was able to get a real body outside). In a sense, Dee could leave because she didn't remember the truth and eventually mistakenly thought that she was the one who died. The classmates are essentially prisoners of their own cage. The ironic part is that Alis, who is not part of the ones who made the wish, is spared from that, even though he is the reason they made that wish in the first place.

Thanks to the both of you. This makes sense to me now...and yet, somehow, I'm still confused.
Jan 11, 2014 1:51 AM
Jun 2013
wakka9ca said:

wakka9ca said:

In fact, the original Alis died but the current Alis is not dead. That is why Scar couldn't detect him. What sustained him was the wish of the class. However, Ai eventually made a permanent wish for Alis to remain. In other words, Alis was never brought back from the dead. It's simply a wish for the current Alis to keep living. Ai's wish allowed this to happen. If you think this is confusing, you can consider that the artificial world is an alternate universe in which Alis actually didn't die. Ai was able to bring back Alis to the real world after that world collapsed. The artificial world kinda worked in reverse and was able to grant Ai's wish as though God hasn't abandoned the world (since the masters of the world are actually the students and now Ai as the last observer of that world)

What could be off-putting (some people call it contrived but I think otherwise) with this series is that it does exactly the REVERSE of what common logic would dictate. One would normally think that if Alis was the victim he would not be able to leave the world which makes him alive. However, this anime does exactly the opposite of that common sense. I do understand where people get upset at this series.

bump for genius. thanks for clarifying everything :D
Feb 5, 2014 7:36 PM

Apr 2011
mchua said:
wakka9ca said:

wakka9ca said:

bump for genius. thanks for clarifying everything :D

+1. :)

I didnt understand the ending but thanks to you i do now. xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

372 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

108 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

98 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 3:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 2:07 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

107 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 4, 12:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.