Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (32) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2013 8:59 PM
Apr 2011
So good. Definitely off to a good start. Hope that it can keep up.
The music and visuals only added to the quality that much more.

I want MORE.
Apr 6, 2013 8:59 PM

Mar 2012
THIS IS HOW YOU START OFF A SHOW, instantly has my attention and cannot wait for the next episode.

Also loved how the dude tried to act cool but the second he came face to face with the titan instantly turned coward and ran, although i can't say that was the wrong decision as it was his only real option, but i can't help but laugh. A brutal ending and a great impact for how the main character's going to grow from here onward.
Striking from nowhere. Killing with accuracy. This is who I am.
Apr 6, 2013 9:00 PM

Sep 2012
I've gotten chills all around my body. Wonderful.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Apr 6, 2013 9:02 PM

Nov 2010
A great first episode, very faithful to the manga. Music and art was great, and Kaiji's voice didn't bother me at all.
Apr 6, 2013 9:06 PM

Nov 2011
Fucking awesome.
I'm so glad how faithful it is to the manga and the animation & music is top notch. I hope it keeps this up throughout the whole season, started off on such a high note.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 6, 2013 9:07 PM

Apr 2013
DStev said:
Incredible art and animation really some of the best I've seen ever. Just great, I also love the scene were the soldier was going to face the giant to protect Eren , Mikasa and Eren's mother but then realized he had no chance, gave a nice impression of danger. Isn't the biggest one a titan and the smaller (still big) ones Giants? There's a huge difference in size between them so I figured they'd be named differently.

8/10 so far, I don't know enough about where the story is going to go to rate it higher, but I expect it will be deserving of higher.

don't worry it'll be explained later on...
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 6, 2013 9:09 PM

Apr 2013
Amazing seen a review about it on forneverworld's YouTube and went to check it out, so glad I did.
Apr 6, 2013 9:09 PM

Apr 2009
lSpyFoxl said:
I was trying to imagine the face of some people if this anime had the same art as Aku no hana(i know that was impossible .-.).
i think i'd murder someone.

The titans in this remind me of the 'humans' in Aku no Hana.
Apr 6, 2013 9:11 PM
Mar 2013
I swear I had shivers running down my entire body in the first and last 5 minutes...
THIS IS SPAR... Sorry AWESOME...
I'll have to see how the other episodes end up being but this was 11/10.
Eren's look when he saw his mother being eaten...DAT DESPAIR
Apr 6, 2013 9:14 PM

Aug 2010
Loved it! I can easily see this being the best show of the season.

5/5!
Apr 6, 2013 9:14 PM

Jun 2008
Removed several posts including reaction images, random derails to finding down users, etcetc. Keep that to a minimum, please.
Apr 6, 2013 9:15 PM

Apr 2013
Amarrez said:
lSpyFoxl said:
I was trying to imagine the face of some people if this anime had the same art as Aku no hana(i know that was impossible .-.).
i think i'd murder someone.

The titans in this remind me of the 'humans' in Aku no Hana.

I choked XD
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
Apr 6, 2013 9:15 PM

Aug 2011
I already want to giv it a 10. That was the best opening and first ep I have ever seen.
Apr 6, 2013 9:17 PM

Aug 2008
god... damn... I literally cried. (edit: oh, it seems I'm pretty much the only one who claims to have cried)
The execution was just top notch, I was 100% into the story and that attack, it killed me, I was closing my eyes, hiding my face with my hand and waiting for that scene to go away while listenning to the sounds, how could I watch that?

for all the people who called this the next SAO or Guilty Crown, I'm glad I was not one of them. Wit studio is awesome.
KuriniApr 6, 2013 9:23 PM
Apr 6, 2013 9:17 PM

Oct 2011
Amazing first episode! Hopefully it isn't a one hit wonder like SAO and it'll stay consistent.
Those titans seriously creep me out though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2013 9:18 PM

Nov 2011
Just the first episode and I already feel like rating this a 10 (or more)! Awesome!
—Actually, nevermind.
Apr 6, 2013 9:20 PM

Mar 2011
Holy hell, this shit is fucking heavy.

5/5
Apr 6, 2013 9:20 PM
Jan 2012
Watch this anime take over lol.
Apr 6, 2013 9:21 PM

Mar 2013
The art is REALY good, just imagine a PS4 game of it. *-*
My favorite anime of this season so far. [5/5]
Sorry for my english !!
Apr 6, 2013 9:22 PM

Aug 2009
This was the best first episode of anything I've seen in a long fucking time 5/5 don't fuck this up I.G and Wit.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 6, 2013 9:22 PM

Nov 2012
Extremely impressed by this first episode, was true to the manga.
Apr 6, 2013 9:23 PM

Aug 2011
Shiiiiiiiiiiit that was good.
Anime of 2013 already?
Apr 6, 2013 9:24 PM

Aug 2012
NihonFalcom said:
Shiiiiiiiiiiit that was good.
Anime of 2013 already?
Looks like it.
Apr 6, 2013 9:24 PM
Jul 2012
OMG it was an awsoome ep & a fantastic anime
really LOVED it cant wait 4 next week ^o^
Apr 6, 2013 9:25 PM

Jan 2013
MAn wow.......just... wow
such a very powerful image
makes u feel a chill
Apr 6, 2013 9:26 PM

May 2012
kngu said:
Holy crap, that was freaking intense. By far the best anime this season! 9/10 for the episode, but if this keeps up 10/10 for the entire series!
It's going to end in filler most likely.
Better to lower your expectations for the last episode just in case.
Apr 6, 2013 9:27 PM

Jun 2011
OOOOOOH SHIT
Awesome start. best debut this season
lookin damn forward to this
Apr 6, 2013 9:29 PM

Mar 2013
Holy crap! All I can say is wow......
This is definitely gonna be the best anime of spring 2013....
I haven't cried this much since Clannad: AS ;(
I wonder what was in his father's basement.....
Apr 6, 2013 9:37 PM

Oct 2012
itsTriz said:
Holy crap! All I can say is wow......
This is definitely gonna be the best anime of spring 2013....
I haven't cried this much since Clannad: AS ;(

lol, to cry more than in Clannad AS you probabily cried 5 tears in the whole anime.
btw I felt bad when their mother died, but nothing that made me cry
Apr 6, 2013 9:38 PM

May 2012
FUCK YES ITS HERE. MY FUCKING HYPE

FUARKKKKKKKK

itsTriz said:

Mod Edit: Please do not double post.
KinetaApr 7, 2013 5:07 AM
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 6, 2013 9:45 PM

Apr 2008
Animation feels like HOTD in terms of transitions and cgi style. I like...
Apr 6, 2013 9:50 PM
May 2011
I am breathless. I don't think I've watched anything that intense and engaging in a long time. 10/10
Apr 6, 2013 9:51 PM

Jan 2013
Holy sh!t, that was awesome, thank god its 2-cour.
Apr 6, 2013 9:54 PM

Jul 2011
I actually have alot to complain about, other than that drop dead gorgeous scenery. Such as the MC's voice... really...

BUT LOL SHE GOT EATEN. LOLOLOLOL. That was awesome. XD
(I didn't give a crap about her because she had like... what, 2 minutes in that whole episode?)

And I loved how the guy changed him mind when he saw the giant and decided to run away with the children.

Looks like it will have very good action (duh). Even that little bit with the recon corps vs giant was pretty sweet.

Anyone else feel like that was rushed though?
Apr 6, 2013 9:55 PM

May 2010
I shat my pants.

Got annoyed by too much shouting to raise the tension, but everything else seems excellent.
Apr 6, 2013 9:55 PM

Jan 2012
100/10 :D
Apr 6, 2013 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
Armored Titan where!?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Apr 6, 2013 9:58 PM

Mar 2013
I sure would love to know what kind of kinky (?) shit his dad had in the basement.
Though everyone else collectively came to this show as well, I must say that if somebody wandered into my room right now holding a black light, they'd probably turn a 180 and leave.
Also, did anyone notice that the animation style looked vaguely like Jojo's Bizarre adventure or was that just me?
At any rate, this is certainly the show to look out for this season.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Apr 6, 2013 9:59 PM
Jun 2008
Both Aku no Hana and Shingeki no Kyojin was written by the same guy... I guess different studio can give a complete impression of a masterpiece .

For one sec, I think that his father "summon" the titan.
Apr 6, 2013 10:00 PM

Apr 2010
Never seen anything about this series until I heard it was being adapted into an anime.

Interesting that they're limited to primitive technology. I'd have thought that "a couple hundred years ago" would mean 200 years in the future from now. And that giants appeared and nearly exterminated modern society. Knocked mankind back a few centuries, and are now fighting them with cannons, muskets and fancy wire tricks.

If the giants appeared today, some cruise missiles, tanks, and high-powered rifles would make short work of them.

Apr 6, 2013 10:00 PM

Aug 2012
MorningGlory said:
Both Aku no Hana and Shingeki no Kyojin was written by the same guy...
No.

NO NO NO NO.

NEIN NEIN NEIN NEIN.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Fell for epic troll.

I suck.

Mod Edit: Merged posts.
KinetaApr 7, 2013 5:12 AM
Apr 6, 2013 10:03 PM

Aug 2012
MorningGlory said:
Both Aku no Hana and Shingeki no Kyojin was written by the same guy... I guess different studio can give a complete impression of a masterpiece .

No, They're not written by the same guy
Apr 6, 2013 10:04 PM

Apr 2013
MM-Rosiie said:
I actually have alot to complain about, other than that drop dead gorgeous scenery. Such as the MC's voice... really...

BUT LOL SHE GOT EATEN. LOLOLOLOL. That was awesome. XD
(I didn't give a crap about her because she had like... what, 2 minutes in that whole episode?)

And I loved how the guy changed him mind when he saw the giant and decided to run away with the children.

Looks like it will have very good action (duh). Even that little bit with the recon corps vs giant was pretty sweet.

Anyone else feel like that was rushed though?

there were some LITTLE parts omitted from the manga but the adaptation is like 95%+ true to the source material
Apr 6, 2013 10:05 PM

Nov 2011
MorningGlory said:

Are you sure about that?

I'm pretty sure Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan is written by Hajime Isayama while Aku no Hana is written by Shuzo Oshimi.

Apr 2009
Akamitsu said:
Never seen anything about this series until I heard it was being adapted into an anime.

Interesting that they're limited to primitive technology. I'd have thought that "a couple hundred years ago" would mean 200 years in the future from now. And that giants appeared and nearly exterminated modern society. Knocked mankind back a few centuries, and are now fighting them with cannons, muskets and fancy wire tricks.

If the giants appeared today, some cruise missiles, tanks, and high-powered rifles would make short work of them.

I'm not sure if you'd classify this as a spoiler, but I'll spoil it anways.

Mar 2013
I came buckets.

CAN WE JUST SKIP THE NEXT 7 DAYS?

I don't wanna wait ;.;

Nov 2012
Amazing animations,& just dark I mean really dark.For a moment I thought that one guy that was yelling & say how he was a failure was about to commit suicide or something.Can't believe Eren actually saw his mom get eaten,I mean he could have atleast look away.But I guess since he didn't look away it'll fuel his hatred for the titan & make him more motivated to kill ever last titan.Def gonna keep watch & probably start the manga too.5/5

May 2011
Wow. Just. Wow.

This was intense. I loved it 5/5. Might be just me but I loved the animation the way it is... and the eyes are gorgeous. Everything is gorgeous actually. I'm already liking Eren as the main character and I DID feel bad for the mother... I liked how the guy finally shit in his pants when he faced the Titan and turned around. Finally a show where everyone isn't all Over Power at first Kicking Ass n Stuff!

... gotta say the giant are horrible looking and I love it. The Smile. I don't know. It's creepy. It's awesome xD

One episode wasn't enough!!!
Apr 6, 2013 10:06 PM

Apr 2013
Akamitsu said:

Apr 6, 2013 10:07 PM

Mar 2013
MorningGlory said:

Are you sure about that? The staff pages on both beg to differ.
Also, after watching it seemingly belt steam for a few minutes, I can't help but wonder if the "Super Giant" is some sort of man [or otherwise humanoid lifeform] made automaton; unless of course that was just an inordinate amount of smoke caused by some manner of explosion.

Can't wait to see Eren go Kratos on those Titans. (sorry if you don't get that reference)
StickyWizardApr 6, 2013 10:11 PM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Pages (32) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1654 by AlocalAnimeFan »»
May 19, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1035 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.