Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 17, 2017 11:17 PM

May 2016
Having watched the original series, I can say that this had better visuals and better soundtrack choices. I have a feeling that I'll enjoy this trilogy a little more than the original coz I already know most of what's in store albeit it'll be presented in a more polished way. Idk if that's just me but oh well.

Casca was definitely more likable here. I can't believe that she managed to be okay even in her debut rather than in the later parts lol. Griffith's hot af too xD

Adonis' death was prolonged and more shocking here too. He shouldn't have gone out that way...

Jul 11, 2017 6:29 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Meh. Why watch the movie recap when you can watch the series and get something so much better? I think they did a good job recapping though. I just wish they would have chosen one animation style and stuck with it. It was quite inconsistent. And then they had good moments with the 3D animation, but then the animation would just stop abruptly. Like, come on, mate! Follow it all the way through! One example was some guy running down a roof-- they had him leaning back and everything, but then once he got to the end of the roof, he kinda just stopped. Maybe leaned over a little. Like no stumble, no adjusting to the newer ground... it was just like if there was no end of the roof. It looked bad even though everything before the guy's animation cycle was up was good. A little upsetting.
Like I said before though, it was a good recap.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 24, 2017 11:32 AM

Dec 2015
No Akira Ishida !! Also the voice for Guts sounds a bit weak. (musics on the other hand are equally good and bad trades if you compare to the first animated adaptation)

First, the obvious: the visuals. The gap between the 3DCGI animation and digital 2D was terrible. Had it been used only for the masses in battlefield scenes, it would have been understandable (although it looks even worse than Hollywood computer generated masses). During action scenes, it helps some battle choreographies too, but jumping from 2D close-ups to 3D away moves in seconds doesn't help to make things look good. They even used it for simple walking and some other movements, those scenes being made of the same jumps between 2D close-ups and 3D shots. Also, the use of 3DCG for soldiers in closeups where every other character is drawn is very ugly. All this while the backgrounds are quite pretty and the characters all finely drawn when they're allowed to live in 2D.
As for the story, it did a good job at condensing those chapters in a way it was not hindering the understanding of the events. Narrowing down Berserk to three characters was essential for the trilogy and seems for now a good choice. The implementation of Gut's past was made with subtlety without losing time on it. Too bad it was marred by a terribly build ensemble: every big "act" looks like it was simply pasted to the previous one without any binder to make the movie fluid.

Enjoyment: 2/5 I was far too annoyed by the extensive use of 3DCGI to be able to enjoy the movie as it deserved.
Score : 5/10
Rei_IIIAug 29, 2017 9:18 AM
Aug 28, 2019 1:10 PM

Apr 2016
Honestly, based on what I've heard, I was expecting a bad movie, but it was really good. Obviously, based on what they have adapted, some parts are missing but the parts that were necessary to adapt, there are. CGI was ugly in some places, less ugly in others, but also ok in other places.
However, although there is no comparison with the manga, it was spectacular to see, probably it's because I love Berserk but it was so.
As soon as I can I look at the other two.
Apr 15, 2020 11:16 AM

May 2016
Amazing!

I haven't watched Berserk since last 2019 december and this feels fresh~
Oct 1, 2021 11:55 AM

Jan 2021
After watching the 1997 adaptation and rehearing Zodd’s advise to Guts when this man’s ambitions collapse you will face a death you cannot escape and his words make more sense or have more meaning now that I know everything
Jun 4, 2022 4:16 PM

Mar 2022
Character arts and visuals are much better than 1997 anime. Only problem is fast pacing, a lot of important parts in manga are not here.
Jul 20, 2022 2:54 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty fun movie to watch, but it felt to be too short. Its length affected greatly the amount of important scenes from the manga that got omitted.

Action scenes looked good in most of times. I liked how CGI was used in this movie.
Aug 29, 2022 6:03 PM
Apr 2021
it must be more longer
Dec 27, 2022 8:12 AM
May 2022
Drop the 3D please.
Oct 14, 2023 3:38 PM
Oct 2023
WOW! This was really good, I really don't care about the CGI parts I still thought everything was absolutely beautiful and stunning. Especially the fight scenes. The fight scenes to me were realistic and fast as they should be. I loved this and can't wait to watch the second movie!
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Who else thinks this art is better than the 2016 series?

MrYandereFan26 - Apr 9

9 by Liberandum_ »»
Apr 10, 10:32 AM

» Berserk fell off after Golden Age

removed-user - Jul 27, 2021

36 by -DxP- »»
Nov 27, 2022 5:48 AM

» BERSERK MEMORIAL EDITION WILL INCLUDE NEW SCENES (BONFIRE OF DREAMS)

KatoWorks - Aug 8, 2022

23 by KatoWorks »»
Sep 21, 2022 5:08 PM

» when to watch this?

Hystique - May 22, 2021

10 by Zoldra0 »»
May 28, 2021 3:47 AM

» Do these films do the manga justice?

jimbob1141 - May 18, 2013

12 by Thorf »»
Apr 1, 2021 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.