Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2023 12:29 AM

Nov 2011
What a way to conclude this season. Like seriously, from the first few battles to coming all the way to a bloody ending. Damn.

I must say that out of anyone, Suletta went through some real shit. This episode felt like a big cliffhanger and set up for the next part/season.
Jan 8, 2023 12:30 AM

Mar 2014
I was not ready for the after credits scene...
This is too much...
Sunrise are always perfect with cliffhangers
Jan 8, 2023 12:36 AM
Jun 2008
Well, this is quite interesting on this 1st half finale.
Jan 8, 2023 12:37 AM

Oct 2014
That after credits scene killed me!! Poor Miorine who had to witness that. I am curious to see what will happen to their relationship now.
Jan 8, 2023 1:09 AM
Apr 2020
where did you guys watch?
Jan 8, 2023 1:27 AM

Feb 2014
Miorine calling Suletta who save her a "murderer" when she was about to get murdered. Ok. The end was creepy. Time to wait 3 months.
Jan 8, 2023 1:27 AM

Feb 2020
Holy cow, now I can't wait for April...
Jan 8, 2023 1:28 AM
Apr 2022
Jbhannibal67 said:
gundaminfo
GundamInfo - YouTube

Jan 8, 2023 1:28 AM

Apr 2014
F...
Those oldies are dead, this is a sign of the new era. This was very depressing, especially what was happening in the after-credit.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 8, 2023 1:29 AM
Jun 2017
wow!!! what an episode...

guel accidentally killed his dad, and suletta just splatted the enemy and still having a smile....

looking forward to second season
Jan 8, 2023 1:38 AM

Feb 2012
I love how giddy Sophie is about meeting her favourite internet celebrity
"The Witch Hunters" are an appropriate description for Dominicus
Just looking out for his daughter.
Sophie is able to reach Permet Score 4 without dying, although there are still side-effects. Lfrith Ur can thus counter the Antidote Dominicus previously used to disable Gundams with.
A Gundam kills its user so Delling banned them.
There's also a treaty banning physical ammunition (hence beams). Spacians want "clean" warfare.
Dawn of Fold show ideological drive as Norea points out Spacian hypocrisy.
Despite everything, he took one for his daughter.
We finally learn the name of Miorine's mother.
It seems Delling and Notrette were once in a situation where only one of them could survive. Miorine has resented her father all this time for that.
Reminds me of Fleur's relationship with her dad Christophe in Eureka Seven AO.
Vim's temporary "alliance" with Shaddiq against Delling is over.
As fate would have it, his son is on that ship and now he's about to head out knowing Suletta is at the Plant Quetta.
Unfortunately for Guel, Vim thinks he's a terrorist.
Guel will have to live with the trauma of killing his own father, now.
If Lauda finds out...
Hey, it's grandpa Gundam's number!
Using the same words she used to encourage Suletta with, Prospera justifies killing the terrorists whom Suletta was hiding from.
Suletta steps forward from the world of duels into the bloodstained world of war.
Gundam Aerial Rebuild is in the house!
Gundam Aerial Rebuild looks beautiful. Love me some blue shoulders + wings á la "Zephyranthes" Full Burnern and Force Impulse.
Speaking of blue-shoulders + wings, this really harkens back to Wing Zero's Twin Buster Rifle!
Strange that Olcott mentions this. Sophie is learning to appreciate Gundam Aerial Rebuild.
Dawn of Fold failed to take the Aerial but a terrorist makes a last ditch effort to take Delling.
AND SPLAT!!!!
Suletta Mercury just killed a man but her attitude is like that of simple scolding.
The horror on Miorine's face...
The same pose her mother did!
Just as Miorine displayed more business-oriented attitudes like Delling, recently, Suletta is showing Prospera's demeanor.
"It's like poetry, it rhymes."
I love how the last cour 1 episode has an animated end card.
Fortress_MaximusJan 8, 2023 5:53 AM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 8, 2023 1:47 AM
Nov 2022
Jbhannibal67 said:

i watch it on their youtube Chanel
Jan 8, 2023 1:50 AM
Nov 2022
this episode is quite darke and guel accidentally kill his father .I am looking forward for the next season
Jan 8, 2023 1:54 AM

May 2009
What a stinger  
Jan 8, 2023 1:56 AM

Jun 2019
WTF just happened. Her mother is so weird.
Jan 8, 2023 2:48 AM

May 2020
This last episode really did salavage this whole season, isn't it? A gruesome bloody bath just like what we had in prologue.. if only it was like that since the start instead of amateur lesbian romance.

Suletta should've blasted that hoe from earth but no instead she one-palmed that guy in yellow suit, with smiles all over her face.. I always knew she had a screw loose but this was straight up psychotic.

Also Guel.. dude's miseries just pilling further and further. Can't even laugh at this point.
Jan 8, 2023 2:56 AM

Feb 2019
“I don’t wanna die, I don’t wanna die. Not until I’ve moved forward after Suletta Mercury”

Fellas I hope y’all appreciate the masterclass we just watched. I’m legit jumping out my seat right now this was absolutely insane. Starting off with Guel. I was so scared for my boy and really thought it would be the end for him, was so hype when he won that fight and admitted how he felt about suletta, only for it to be his own dad??? Whose approval he’s desperately been searching for??? Dude that was brutal.

It didn’t stop there tho. Suletta mom casually taking out the mercs and then the symbolism of Suletta crossing the red line. Going from being afraid of killing to easily able to kill people is a hard line to cross, once you do tho.. it changes you fundamentally. We see that in the ease with which suletta literally fucking squashes someone. Like this is a girl who didn’t even wanna duel people initially and now that lines been crossed…

The look on Miorine’s face, that sheer horror.. really hard to see. Now her calling Suletta “murderer” was kinda annoying tho given she and her dad would’ve been riddled with bullets if it weren’t for suletta, but I guess suletta’s reaction afterwards was the scariest bit.

Lastly, may be reading too deep into it but I wonder if the Earthian witches meant anything more with that “suletta onee-chan”… we’ll sadly have to wait like 4 months to find out, man life without lesbian gundam will suck.
Marinate1016Jan 8, 2023 3:01 AM
Jan 8, 2023 2:59 AM
Apr 2016
WHAT THE HELL SUNRISE 
I WAS NOT READY FOR THAT
Jan 8, 2023 3:02 AM

Jan 2009
Nika finally exposed as a terrorist too
Guel killed his father accidentally
and Miorine finds out the dark side of Suletta that she maybe a cold blooded killer or Suletta is just so pure and innocent and can be mistaken as pure evil too

but to be fair Suletta just learn that killing can be a necessary evil to save lives of her love ones from her mom moments ago, its just she killed without much guilt is all
degJan 8, 2023 6:06 AM
Jan 8, 2023 3:26 AM
Jun 2022
Nika gets caught in 8k no cap omegalul and gundam starts gundaming and miomio realised that the world ain't just tomatoes and fun duels. Also Bob killing his dad is sad while crazy psycho earth witches still are hot and sulletta squashing a human was just exquisite. 10/10 episode.
Jan 8, 2023 3:27 AM
Jan 2020
She's gonna be a wholla different character in the next cour isn't she
Jan 8, 2023 3:32 AM

Mar 2015
I've been saying "Jesus fuck" for the past two minutes after finishing the episode. God that was dark. Can't wait til April.
Jan 8, 2023 3:34 AM
Jun 2007
Dat big rifle from Aerial
Jan 8, 2023 3:42 AM

Sep 2012
Damn, they saved the Tominonine to the end. What a way to end this season.

Can't wait for April!
Jan 8, 2023 3:45 AM

Nov 2022
Prospera is best mom <3 lol

Jan 8, 2023 3:47 AM
Feb 2017
fuuuuuuck this entire episode was pure art also the level of animation only improves with each episode

SULETTA MERCURY OUR LORD AND SAVIOR!!!!!

but the after credits scene just broke me I'm 300x more hyped for part 2
Jan 8, 2023 3:49 AM
Nov 2021
Nika has been caught as an ally of the terrian terrorist
Wow that end credit scene was sooo creepy but so well made I love it Miorine is probably not gonna see Suletta in the same way
Suletta's mother is mysterious I want to know more
The next court is gonna be amazing I can smell it
Jan 8, 2023 3:51 AM
Nov 2022
At the end of the day this is still Gundam no matter how light hearted this entry is

This episode should shock no one

I won't hold Mio calling Suletta a murderer against here...She's clearly traumatized and almost died. She bent over backwards for Suletta and finally confessed...I won't slander her for that 
The_Kid_50Jan 8, 2023 3:54 AM
Jan 8, 2023 3:51 AM
Jul 2022
Insane Episode. (Anyone Notice Suletta Didn't Stutter At All?)
First Of I'm Glad Nika Got Caught. The Earlier The Better Before Any Major Irreversible Damage Is Caused.
Damn, Guel Accidentally Killing His Dad Came As A Fuckin Surprise. Doubt He'll Be Stable Mentally In Pt 2(Was Low-key Rooting For His Character) 😭💀

Also Glad To See Aerial X Suletta Back In Action. The Upgrade & Power Up Aerial Got Is CRAZY.

Lastly, What The Hell Was That Ending/Credit Scene💀
Honestly Wasn't Expecting Miorine To Freak Out That Much At The Sight Of Blood.
A_ShelbyJan 8, 2023 3:58 AM
Jan 8, 2023 3:52 AM
Jul 2020
What the fuck is wrong with Mecha anime franchise? Code Geass, Gurren Lagan, 86 and now this ? Doing 11 Ok episodes and then ended with the most amazing and shocking cliff hanger/ending episode.
Jan 8, 2023 3:59 AM

Dec 2015
Not bad. Staying with 8/10 for me. I do not really care about Sophie, Shaddiq, Elan ... and the others. For now I liked the stories with the fathers. Well-done. Though for Guel I had expected something different. (The captain of the ship he worked ... to become like a father-figure ... then getting killed making Guel take action.) Was nice ot see the old Jeturk guy fighting as well.

Only the thing after the credits ... was a bit "too much". I guess they'll explain it with Suletta being shocked by seeing her mother killing others. (And the mother being cold/neutral ... making it look like something totally normal everyone does every now and then.)
Jan 8, 2023 4:13 AM
Mar 2021
damn that was traumatizing
Jan 8, 2023 4:17 AM

Oct 2015
Softhenic03 said:
This last episode really did salavage this whole season, isn't it? A gruesome bloody bath just like what we had in prologue.. if only it was like that since the start instead of amateur lesbian romance.

Suletta should've blasted that hoe from earth but no instead she one-palmed that guy in yellow suit, with smiles all over her face.. I always knew she had a screw loose but this was straight up psychotic.

Also Guel.. dude's miseries just pilling further and further. Can't even laugh at this point.
Pacing is an issue in this Gundam anime. Too much pointless high school drama. Well, it is written by Ichirou Okouchi so high school drama is expected. 
The only Gundam anime that has a slower start than Witch From Mercury is Gundam ZZ. The first episode of Gundam ZZ is a recap of Zeta Gundam. Episode 2-19 are a bunch of circus show. It goes back to being a Gundam anime at episode 20~

Innocent girl becoming psychotic is not new in Gundam. In the past, we have:
Haman Karn (Gundam CDA-> Zeta -> ZZ).
Katejina Loos (Gundam Victory)

Regarding Guel, his story is similar to a few other Gundam protagonists such as Kamille, Uso, Flit who have their parents killed in front of them. 
Guel makes a great protagonist if he is the protagonist. He kinds of reminds me of Kamille from Zeta Gundam.

kaungkhantoo said:
What the fuck is wrong with Mecha anime franchise? Code Geass, Gurren Lagan, 86 and now this ? Doing 11 Ok episodes and then ended with the most amazing and shocking cliff hanger/ending episode.
Witch From Mercury is getting a sequel.
Zeta Gundam also ends as dark as Witch From Mercury part 1 and gets Gundam ZZ as a sequel.
I cannot speak for Code Geass and Gurren Lagann. 86 anime is to promote the LN. Hence, it ends at a cliffhanger episode.

EDIT: Now for my thoughts for Witch From Mercury part 1.

I cannot give rating as of right now as the series can go anywhere. We see a lot of building up:
Earthnoids / Spacenoids tensions.
Corporate war.
Children learning that war is hell. We see the children not wearing normal suits in the middle of combat.

I doubt Nika is working for Shaddiq due to her interest. Shaddiq is holding hostage against Nika. Nika still wants to be friends with the other Earth House. She has no choice but to "reveal" her affliations to save her friends. I think she is similar to most other mechanics in Gundam. Very likeable, probably not as likeable as Kid from Gundam X. :P

We also see Miorine and Guel life being torned apart, as mentioned above. They are having a normal school life and everything comes crashing down due to war. Both of them reminds me of Amuro and Kamille.

Now to the mecha designs. I need to monitor the new Aerial backpacks. Are those articulated? It looks like it only move slightly, similar to those Zakus, which have to change their whole mobile suit angle to propell.

Will watch season 2. I have already lost count of the amount of Gundam I have read/watched. :/
NewestPersonHereJan 23, 2023 7:31 AM
Jan 8, 2023 4:17 AM
Oct 2022
Sulleta is super positive after splatting someone and falling into their blood. Miorina is going to be traumatised after that.
Jan 8, 2023 4:18 AM
Oct 2022
this episode was so dark
I wasn't ready for this
Jan 8, 2023 4:25 AM

Nov 2022
Ookuchi really did not hold back at all. What a finale, can't believe I have to wait months for season 2...
Jan 8, 2023 4:29 AM
Oct 2022
I felt like the series was kind of underwhelming because it didn’t really fit into what I liked about previous Gundam series…until that last epsidode. Holy cow it got really good really fast. I can’t wait until part 2 now.
Jan 2022
RebelPanda said:
That after credits scene killed me!! Poor Miorine who had to witness that. I am curious to see what will happen to their relationship now.
genuinely got scared by that and her look at 17:44

Oct 2019
All those words from her mom and now she's okay with murder. Lmao
Jan 8, 2023 4:30 AM

May 2019
The after credit scene had me in awe, what an insane way to conclude the season
Jan 8, 2023 4:36 AM

May 2016
Wow, did Suletta get over having to kill *quickly*.

Had that thought from the beginning, but anyone else feel like the Gund-bits are controlled by souls of dead children, or something of the sort?
Seems like the next obvious reveal, since it's Gundam and all, sacrificing children being kind of the basis of everything.
Jan 8, 2023 4:36 AM

Feb 2014
Eh? I thought this episode will be1 day delayed? CR uploaded the episode on the usual time.... But anyway, doesn't matter coz I love this episode.

People killing each other, yeah the Gundam I loved! Lot's of stuff happened. Gituk accidentally killing his father. Aerial with the rifle beam, didn't killed the two earth Gundams but we saw how powerfull it is. And that splat at the end by Suletta, I love that!

Now we have to wait until April for the continuation, it will be interesting what will happen to the relationship of Suletta and Miorine after that big splat at the end.

OrangeRafiJan 8, 2023 4:40 AM
Jan 8, 2023 4:39 AM

Dec 2018
Phenomenal ending!

I expected shit to go down, just not for it to be that bloody lol

Super excited for part 2! I’m really excited to see how the conflicts teased during the school arc will be expanded upon now that the pants are off ^.^
Jan 8, 2023 4:43 AM
Apr 2022
There’s just so much that happened in this episode that I honestly can’t even begin to process it…but that ending was truly haunting. I knew that G_Witch was going to make a serious shift in tone sooner or later, but I underestimated the degree in which things would escalate completely. Without spoiling too much, it is beginning to be apparent how much conditioning Suletta has undergone to become the obedient, honest daughter that Lady Prospera requires to achieve her goals. Suletta is completely unaware, of course, but there were always hints through the emotions of others that Suletta is strange and abnormal when it comes to her personality and social situations. In fact, the manner in which Suletta is portrayed for the majority of this season is a typical protagonist that is kind and strong. She could be cut and pasted into any other action mecha anime and would fit right in beautifully. But the unexpected turn of events in episode 12 almost makes that description of her laughably inaccurate. I honestly feel like a fool to not even guess that things would turn out as they did. The signs were all there, clear as day, and even the short story that precedes the first episode hints at Lady Prospera’s blood lust and desire to use Suletta as her sword. I am actually more scared for Suletta and Miorine now than I was before the finale. They are in a way more precarious position than I had initially realized, not due to the politics between Earth and Space but simply for the fact that Lady Prospera has such a grip over Suletta’s mind and is able to manipulate her to such an extent, there’s no telling how far she will go. And I am not talking about Suletta being an innocent guard dog protecting who she loves. No, I am talking about Yuno Gasai levels of yandere.

The tide of peace has subsided and evaporated. The sky is darker now than it was yesterday. The light takes longer to come, and the darkness longer to go.
Now, their is only chaos, bitterness, and war.

This finale was excellent in all regards. The voice acting was extremely provocative, as was the pacing of events. Excitement and despair was hand in hand through every minute as battles were waged and lives were eliminated. The gore was the most surprising of all, especially the post credit scene. (Yes, it is highly integral to the story so on should not skip it at all). The sweet icing was the animation that just melted everything into a glorious piece. The action was some of the best we’ve seen so far, and can definitely be deemed worthy for the finale. My favorite aspect was the fact that the tone shifted but the only character that stayed the same was Suletta in a way…but it makes complete sense. The mystery as to what exactly happened on Mercury to Suletta is greater now than it ever has been, because she is clearly desensitized to violence and death. I actually am more invested in the series than I was originally before starting this episode, that is just how amazed and shocked I am.

Bravo, Sunrise. You delivered a quality mecha series without a shadow of a doubt, and now every one of your doubters realize that you are experts at what you do best: Gundam.
thunderkitten13Jan 8, 2023 5:10 AM
Jan 8, 2023 4:47 AM

Jan 2022
Why did this show take 12 ep before the show got good. holy crappppp. was this episode well executed also rip to the fathers 🙏
Jan 8, 2023 4:47 AM
Apr 2019
suletta's mother seems like the real evil. I am very curious to see what kind of influence she will have in the next season.
Jan 8, 2023 5:06 AM

Oct 2016
the only thing that really bothered me was the amount of holes the planet thingy had busted into it and none resulted in a vacuum... aside from that Suletta was way too quick to be okay with murder after a few words with her mom, but i guess she never really had any character aside from being insecure but having complete faith in her mom, so it fits
Jan 8, 2023 5:11 AM

Jun 2016
the fuck bro miorine !!!
if suletta dont kill him this series will be end soon !!
Jan 8, 2023 5:13 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Suletta has always been too naive and innocent, not understanding basic human norms and this after credit scene really put focus on it. Her reaction shocks Miorine who granted is a tad too harsh calling her a murderer; she did save her life after all.

Looking forward to the next arc which should be classic Gundam.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 8, 2023 5:27 AM
Nov 2022
I've seen a multitude of reactions from people especially regarding Mio's relationship with Suletta and I don't even think much of it because it doesn't seem like they'll break up..

Miorine is traumatized from what happened..In the span of couple of hours she confessed her love..was part of an assassination attempt was shot at by a gundam..Saved by her dad from an explosion and watched her fiance make tomato soup with blood splattered on her face. Her calling Suletta a murderer is irrational and wrong but considering what she just experience it makes sense. Everything is spur of the moment just like Suletta killing that terrorist

Having Miorine break away from the person she basically said made her life better is forced drama. Avoiding Suletta? Understandable Not wanting to talk to Suletta for a couple of weeks? Understandable. At the end of the day every person Miorine cares about is still alive..(well except her mom)
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A question

Shubhamb1996 - May 24

5 by Sakanasunrise »»
4 hours ago

» Mobile Suit Gundam Franchise Reaches Sales Record of 145.7 Billion Yen in 2024 Fiscal Year

deg - May 12

8 by Zedlin »»
May 13, 11:03 AM

» wait a second... they're GAY????

Nyron - Feb 9

12 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 17, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2022

104 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Kidou Senshi Gundam: Suisei no Majo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2022

78 by Neemesis_2 »»
Feb 13, 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.