Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2009 2:21 PM

Jul 2008
so they finally got the guitar, btw how much exactly is 80,000 yen? what 80$ u.s.? anyways they also learned an important lesson, turn the volume down before unplugging! also i really like the ED to this, its kind of catchy i guess you could say
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 10, 2009 2:30 PM

Jul 2008
kage-bunshin said:
so they finally got the guitar, btw how much exactly is 80,000 yen? what 80$ u.s.? anyways they also learned an important lesson, turn the volume down before unplugging! also i really like the ED to this, its kind of catchy i guess you could say

It's not exact but you can see 100 yen = around 1$ (+ or - like 25%)

A guitar of 250 000 yen would cost around 2 500$ who is a decent price imo for a good quality guitar. They managed to get it for around 500$ lol, I like discount like that.

This episode was lol and yeah Mio is great.

Apr 10, 2009 2:31 PM

Apr 2008
Smiled all way through episode. :-D
Apr 10, 2009 2:33 PM

Dec 2008
250 000 yen guitar is 1 750 dollars.
It ended up going to 50 000 yen, so the guitar costed something like 350 dollars.

And yeah, a Les Paul being 'cute' is a bit weird, but since it's coming out of a girl I can't say it's unusual.
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Apr 10, 2009 2:35 PM

Sep 2008
LOWER!

It just gets better and better. Mio and Yui are so cute.

Apr 10, 2009 2:36 PM

Aug 2007
lol @ filler section. The light Music member don't really get a part time job. :P

we need more Mio.
Apr 10, 2009 2:47 PM

Sep 2008
I really like Mio ^^ she's just like me with the shyness and all lol. Except my head doesn't explode... because I'm not an anime character :( .....xD

Apr 10, 2009 2:54 PM

Jun 2008
As a guitarist I kind of raged this episode.
I noticed the Fender Les Paul as well....moh
K-ON! will only contribute more to the growing sales of Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Yamaha, etc.

Not saying I don't like the show. I absolutely love it. My guilty pleasure this season.

Apr 10, 2009 3:15 PM

Oct 2007
If my head could blow up from moe overload, like Mio's did, I'd be in real trouble right now.

Loved, loved this episode.
Apr 10, 2009 3:16 PM

Jul 2008
I liked this episode more than the last one. It was interesting to see the girls get a job. I loved seeing them counting the clouds and replying through pressing the button. Since things like that happen very often when having a job such as that.
Apr 10, 2009 3:36 PM
Jul 2008
Mio head exploding, Yui unplugging the amp, Mugi owning the music store, and Ritsu playing the on the clickers! Wooo
Apr 10, 2009 3:38 PM

Aug 2008
Ha... eighth notes and quarter notes...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2009 3:39 PM

May 2008
I enjoyed this episode soo much.Mio is sooo moe with all her shyness.She kinda reminds me of myself when i get shy and imagining what will happen xD.I also love the part when her head explodes because of imagining too much~Damn cute >_< Bass players always wins the show.

The episode was great and I'm starting to like Tsugumi <3 Lmao at the bargaining scene when the counter guy was looking at her eye brows and got shocked because she's the daughter of their company's owner or something .It made me LOL xD I hope i have a friend who could bargain just like Tsugumi.

Yui playing air guitar was Lmao <3 I'm looking forward to how she improves playing her guitar.

Anways,This episode is fun to watch and ii seriously enjoyed listening to the OP and the ED.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Love is filled with mystery
Apr 10, 2009 3:55 PM

Jun 2008
The exploding part was awesome !! Tough A little scary. I also loved how Tsugumi, is the daughter of the owner of the shop. And she does not even know it !! xD that was really funny. Well all in all, great episode. :) it's like lucky star but with a plot !! :O
Apr 10, 2009 4:17 PM

Apr 2009
I loved that episode. =)

I thought it was funny when the pianist started playing the counter. ;p
Looking forward to more episodes
Apr 10, 2009 4:35 PM
May 2008
Rantzoid said:
Mio is sooo moe with all her shyness.

It surprised me that she was the lead in the ending credits the first time I saw it, cause from what I saw of her in the first episode, she didn't seem the centre of attention type.

But I adore Tsugumi even more now. She's the gentle behind the scenes kind of character which I find really interesting, but is still up for doing anything. I also found Yui's attention span dangerously cute.
Apr 10, 2009 4:38 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know why but I have a feeling megane girl is going to kill Yui for ditching her. School Days effect?
Apr 10, 2009 4:40 PM

Aug 2008
Not as boring as the first episode, however still likely to drop after another 1-2 more.
Apr 10, 2009 4:40 PM

Oct 2007
Wow. My guitar for 350$! That's pretty cheap since I got it for more than $1000. :P

Yui is so MOE!
Apr 10, 2009 5:07 PM

Aug 2008
Another great episode; I am enjoying this moefest :)

Yui is awesome. I like how her younger sister, Ui, knows more about life than she does. It sort of reminds me of Tenma and Yakumo from School Rumble.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 10, 2009 5:15 PM

Jul 2008
interesting episode. I cracked up about the occupational disease part :P
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Apr 10, 2009 5:27 PM

Aug 2008
This show is going to be exhausting. The characters are frustratingly cute, I just don't know what to do.

And then there's this:
Apr 10, 2009 5:30 PM

Jul 2008
pandaman0529 said:
As a guitarist I kind of raged this episode.
I noticed the Fender Les Paul as well....moh
K-ON! will only contribute more to the growing sales of Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Yamaha, etc.

I didn't know what to do with the Les Paul being a fender.It through me off and I had to rewatch it just to make sure my eyes were playing a trick on me.

Besides that I loved the episode :)
Apr 10, 2009 5:36 PM

Jan 2008
Even after watching the ending more than 100 times, it's still awesome XD
Mio is full of win.
Man I really want to get a bass and learn how to play now -.-

Banner made by suikka
Apr 10, 2009 6:38 PM

Mar 2008
Great ep, again.. KyoAni rocks too hard. I noticed something in between.. Mio said she was very shy and that's why she preferres bass over guitar, but in the ED she's kinda in the center of attention. Maybe something that develops in the future regarding more Mio moe-ness? ^^ Can't wait till the next ep ;D
"Asa! Asa daiyo! Asagohan tabete! Gakou iku yo!"
Apr 10, 2009 6:44 PM

Dec 2008
I swear if I see the word "moe" again, my head will probably explode a million times like mio :(

I want to know if there are any GIRLS out there like me who just enjoy this anime for non-moe reasons. I'm not denying the fact that each character is cute in their own way. But seriously this word "moe" is started to annoy me :(

Oh a lighter note, this episode was just as great (if not better) than the first epi!! I really love the friendship growing between the four :D

Mio is absolutely >ADORABLE< and yui was just funny with her obsessing over her guitar without practicing, I laughed a bit when her sister found her sleeping with it XD

The clicker scenes are absolutely hilarious especially when they started to click other things. I used to work with clickers, those are fun...but yes, overtime it gets tiring XD. And let's not forget Ritsu's random drumming...on clickers XD hahahaha~
Apr 10, 2009 7:00 PM

Sep 2008
hmm i think this show is really average and i can tell its already going to be EXTREMELY overated by the fans (is to be expected with kyoto animation series -_-) i just don't see why people love them as much as they do. but don't get me wrong the series is fun and entertaining just not anything special or unique really. i also really hate yui shes just stupid and lame. just cause shes moe doesen't make her awesome. i do like the other 3 quite a bit though. i guess i will watch this too the end for fun.
Apr 10, 2009 7:01 PM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
I swear if I see the word "moe" again, my head will probably explode a million times like mio :(

I want to know if there are any GIRLS out there like me who just enjoy this anime for non-moe reasons. I'm not denying the fact that each character is cute in their own way. But seriously this word "moe" is started to annoy me :(

Oh a lighter note, this episode was just as great (if not better) than the first epi!! I really love the friendship growing between the four :D

Mio is absolutely >ADORABLE< and yui was just funny with her obsessing over her guitar without practicing, I laughed a bit when her sister found her sleeping with it XD

The clicker scenes are absolutely hilarious especially when they started to click other things. I used to work with clickers, those are fun...but yes, overtime it gets tiring XD. And let's not forget Ritsu's random drumming...on clickers XD hahahaha~

Me like it not only for cute
also like for instruments and just music. Is cute yes, but is also musical.
Apr 10, 2009 7:05 PM

Jan 2008
japanme32 said:
robbydesu said:

Moe is...cute...unless you have another definition of moe that I don't want to know about x.X

But I watch this show because it was about music, and I'm a music geek...

Banner made by suikka
Apr 10, 2009 7:07 PM

Aug 2008
velcom said:
hmm i think this show is really average and i can tell its already going to be EXTREMELY overated by the fans (is to be expected with kyoto animation series -_-) i just don't see why people love them as much as they do. but don't get me wrong the series is fun and entertaining just not anything special or unique really. i also really hate yui shes just stupid and lame. just cause shes moe doesen't make her awesome. i do like the other 3 quite a bit though. i guess i will watch this too the end for fun.

You know... I've written way too many posts on refuting people's views such as yours... I don't feel like writing them as in depths anymore. Condensed: Why do you care that people have different tastes? I love everything that I've seen by KyoAni. I may look at your list and say all your favorite anime are totally overrated. What would that solve?

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 10, 2009 7:17 PM

May 2007
Yui-chan is just soooooo cuteee <3<3 Mio is just hilarious. XD

Can't get enough of that ED. <3

Apr 10, 2009 7:19 PM

Jan 2009
NoyaChan said:
Yui-chan is just soooooo cuteee <3<3 Mio is just hilarious. XD

Can't get enough of that ED. <3

Must get OP & ED songs. Waiting for that.
Apr 10, 2009 8:19 PM

Sep 2008
guyklc said:
velcom said:

You know... I've written way too many posts on refuting people's views such as yours... I don't feel like writing them as in depths anymore. Condensed: Why do you care that people have different tastes? I love everything that I've seen by KyoAni. I may look at your list and say all your favorite anime are totally overrated. What would that solve?

i'm merely stating my opinion and saying my thoughts on the series in a discussion about it.
Apr 10, 2009 8:23 PM

Apr 2008
robbydesu said:

Welcome to my world and I'm a guy going through this. All I see if moe. As if that is what makes a show great. But hey if that's what suits your tastes then I guess by all means indulge it
Apr 10, 2009 8:39 PM

Oct 2008
I'm definitely jumping on the Mio fan bus. how could you not love her this episode. All 4 girls, even Yui's sister, are lovable but Mio stole this episode.
Apr 10, 2009 8:41 PM

Aug 2007

ANY QUESTIONS?
Apr 10, 2009 9:11 PM

May 2008
Sweet Episode!!!
Apr 10, 2009 9:36 PM

Feb 2008
This show reminds me of Beck for whatever odd reason, albeit Moe-fied.

Are any musicians watching this show and finding some scenes to be absolutely adorable?
The scene where Yui was buying her guitar was beyond cute. But I can't believe Yui bought a Les Paul for her first guitar. It took me nearly 5 years until I bought a half decent guitar. I don't think Yui realizes how blessed she is being able to play a Les Paul as her first.

As a side note. Mio is the fucking cutest bassist I've ever seen...

*note* That ending bit where Yui unplugged her guitar from the amp with the cord still in it is SO true it actually hurt a bit inside seeing that happen to someone else.
Apr 10, 2009 10:07 PM

Jul 2008
Glad i decided to continue watching, quite entertaining indeed !
Apr 10, 2009 10:49 PM

Dec 2008
panda_general said:
japanme32 said:
robbydesu said:

Moe is...cute...unless you have another definition of moe that I don't want to know about x.X

But I watch this show because it was about music, and I'm a music geek...
If only it means "cute" then I wouldn't be bothered by this. I get a feeling that some people have no idea what this term means and just uses it cuz other people are using it.

From what I know, I thought "moe" was something derogative. A obsessive compulsive fetish. A perverted fetish. Odd fetishes that's related to really cutesy characters to the point it's pedo-ish.

I'm glad there ARE people out there who watches this anime for non-moe reasons :D!!
Apr 10, 2009 11:16 PM
Jan 2009
Mio is so cute... while Yui is so addicted with her guitar that makes her cute with this episode.
Apr 11, 2009 12:00 AM

Dec 2007
Ohmygosh! I'm sooo into Mio now, esp the jobs part. Seriosuly, how can one person have soo many cute quirks. And mugi had the mikuru miyuki vibe.
And Yui is just super moe.
Apr 11, 2009 12:15 AM

Nov 2006
Sylpheed said:
windy said:
Mmm. I guess I really will have to detach myself from reality to fully enjoy this. All four of them are incredibly unrealistic. Good for sigs and avatars, not for the favorites list.

BTW - CoalGuys, your subs suck ass.

If I can remember correctly, CoalGuys criticized Chihiro's work on their K-ON PV. So what group do you prefer?
They're both god awful. I guess CoalGuys since I tolerate their subtitles, but will never download an episode done by Chihiro. The more bullshit they pull, the more annoyed I get, though... (Penises in ef melodies OP, "coal guys only" in Toradora, drama llama with the Shittiest Group Ever, and now letting their quality drop even more just so they can release quickly)

I guess all the people saying the guitar ended up costing $350 aren't American?
windyApr 11, 2009 12:19 AM
Apr 11, 2009 12:40 AM

Feb 2008
kevo said:

ANY QUESTIONS?

More plz?
Apr 11, 2009 1:42 AM

Dec 2008
robbydesu said:
If only it means "cute" then I wouldn't be bothered by this. I get a feeling that some people have no idea what this term means and just uses it cuz other people are using it.

From what I know, I thought "moe" was something derogative. A obsessive compulsive fetish. A perverted fetish. Odd fetishes that's related to really cutesy characters to the point it's pedo-ish.

I'm glad there ARE people out there who watches this anime for non-moe reasons :D!!

Holy, I'm finally glad people finally started reacting to the over-use of 'moe'. Normally I wouldn't mind, but hell, moe doesn't mean 'cute'.

Been tired of seeing people use 'moe' as if it meant 'cute', so 'kawaii'.

It's pretty much as you originally thought; it's a word that indicates a fetish to the word or situation it's associated with.
So if you see Mio overthinking so much, and her head explodes, and you go "omg so moe", it means "oh god I'm getting excited".

Moe has been meaning that ever since it's been used by otaku; the meaning of 'cute' (in a non-secual way) when moe is used is because of misunderstandings.

I didn't really know how I should state all this, especially since people have been using it so wrongly in K-On! topics for over a week now, but I'm glad robbydesu/japanme32 started this discussion, and panda_general for bringing the question up.
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Apr 11, 2009 3:12 AM

Jul 2008
Hakoria said:
robbydesu said:
If only it means "cute" then I wouldn't be bothered by this...

exactly. The word ”萌え” had been overused so much that it degrades now to mean anything that is "lolicon, cute, attractive, ('pedophilic' meaning as well)".

Sohei said:
kevo said:

ANY QUESTIONS?

More plz?

why of course ;)
AkariChanApr 11, 2009 3:27 AM
Apr 11, 2009 3:58 AM

Sep 2008
lol! the 2nd episode was really wesome!! I really liked it in the first place and it just gets better everytime!
aww what about episode 3? I can't find it anywhere! =.=
Apr 11, 2009 4:06 AM

Jul 2008
TaShy said:
lol! the 2nd episode was really wesome!! I really liked it in the first place and it just gets better everytime!
aww what about episode 3? I can't find it anywhere! =.=

it's still on-air weekly, so you've gotta wait for ... another 5d 5h (roughly) to watch it on TBS
Apr 11, 2009 5:35 AM

Oct 2007
Yui. S-s-s-s-o cuuuuuuteeeee~

Loved this episode in it's entirety. All the girls had lots of cute moments really, I don't dislike any of them, tho Yui and Mio stand out ^_^ Moar plx... =_=

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Apr 11, 2009 5:48 AM

Jan 2009
Guitar went from 2500 to 500???? O_O good discount!
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Jun 4, 2009

233 by The_Neeko »»
Apr 1, 8:37 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by piratini »»
Mar 16, 1:58 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

344 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 3:22 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

314 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DaBigD - Jun 11, 2009

199 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.