Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Saki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2014 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Go Yuuki! Jindai is also pretty awesome this episode and I liked the way she played her game. In terms of silliness, I find this amusing:

http://imgur.com/JRAdQDy

Good episode. The match went back and forth with almost everyone.
Feb 2, 2014 10:53 AM

Dec 2011
Did that scene about the decision regarding Suzu happen in the manga? I don't remember it

Awai's reaction to Jindai is great.

Mako finally gets a chance to show her skills, blocking Miyamori's Aislinn time after time.

Next episode: Hiroe vs Hisa... At least, after they have lunch.
kuuderes_shadowFeb 2, 2014 11:03 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 2, 2014 12:19 PM

Apr 2010
Yuuki had her time to shine so now we start enjoying to anime again.
Seems next match should be interesting with the upcoming players but time will tell how it will turn out.
Looking forward to see Saki's match.

And i didn't expect to see Awai so early in the anime.
Feb 2, 2014 12:38 PM
Sep 2009
Am I the only one annoyed about how fast paced this episode was?

Mako's match finished before it even started...
Feb 2, 2014 12:49 PM

Feb 2008
The same pace goes in the manga as well kitten320 it's end quite fast as well over there.

Mako sure has improved a lot since the first season, and keep blocking Aislinn all the time, more data better game for her. :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 2, 2014 1:16 PM
Sep 2009
Then this arc is pretty badly build... in first season we learned a bit about every character, some more some less. Here non of them has really stood out. Mako's opponents were completely overlooked like if they are of no importance even though all of them are considered high tier players =/

It is a massive waste. I can't get into the series if I know nothing about characters neither can I root for anyone if they don't do anything.
Feb 2, 2014 1:47 PM

Dec 2011
kitten320 said:
Then this arc is pretty badly build... in first season we learned a bit about every character, some more some less. Here non of them has really stood out. Mako's opponents were completely overlooked like if they are of no importance even though all of them are considered high tier players =/

In the 2nd players' match of the regional finals we saw 2 hands. We actually saw more here than that time. And we saw about the same level of detail on the other characters as well (Mako's 3 opponents there did get development, but this was pretty much exclusively outside of the match itself).

Oh and that meeting on the roof did happen in the manga (saw it while double checking stuff) - I must have just forgotten about it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 2, 2014 1:49 PM

Oct 2012
Next episode will be about Hisa but...........

Feb 2, 2014 2:01 PM

Jan 2009
kitten320 said:

It is a massive waste. I can't get into the series if I know nothing about characters neither can I root for anyone if they don't do anything.

To be fair the first season only started to flesh out the cast of the final match which had 10 episodes, rounds 1 and 2 were barely shown before that. Same thing happened in Achiga where the first 2 matches were short and then they spent 8 episodes on the semifinal match.

While this is an important match for Kiyosumi since it has strong schools I wouldn't expect it to be as fleshed out as the semifinals and finals that will come later. This is match is mainly to show how much they've improved since their training camp.
Feb 2, 2014 5:20 PM

Jun 2009
Not really fond of the next episode.
Feb 2, 2014 5:24 PM
Mar 2012
Mako was bossing it up this episode. I agree though that she didn't get enough screen time.
Feb 2, 2014 5:46 PM

Jan 2014
Wow! Mako is totes amazing. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Feb 2, 2014 5:49 PM

Dec 2008
I felt so bad for Aislinn!
Can't wait for Hisa's match <3
Feb 2, 2014 6:51 PM

Mar 2013
Am I the only one worried about the pacing of the anime?

The producers DO know that the manga hasn't even finished the Lieutenant match, right? At this breakneck speed, the Captain match of the Second Round is going to be over by the 8th episode. What are they going to do for 5 more episodes?

Are they going to pull another Achiga and add in 4 more episodes post-Season?
Feb 2, 2014 9:47 PM

Dec 2012
blaZofgold said:

The producers DO know that the manga hasn't even finished the Lieutenant match, right? At this breakneck speed, the Captain match of the Second Round is going to be over by the 8th episode. What are they going to do for 5 more episodes?

not exactly, If you look at the number of chapters in relation to episodes, Mako and Yukis match combined in the manga was only 6 chapters long, Sakis match alone was over 10 chapters long, Nodoka and Hisas match combined was i believe 13 chapters long, see where I'm going? Even so, at this pace Sakis match should be finished around episode 11-12,wonder if they're going to add something extra, or maybe start the semifinals(just yukis match with satoha),and follow what you said pull an achiga and make postseason episodes to finish those
Feb 2, 2014 10:30 PM

Aug 2013
"I can still do it!" No you can't Aislinn. The victory music is already playing in background and that means Kiyosumi beast-mode lol.

The next match is going to be painful to watch. Here comes trash talker Atago XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 3, 2014 1:16 AM

Mar 2012
Aislinn`s voice is so adorable and i like her hair, too bad she lose.
haha Kiyosumi you can do it!

Saki vs. Teru Never!
Saki vs. Shizuno Please make it happen!
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Feb 3, 2014 5:16 AM
Feb 3, 2014 6:46 AM

Aug 2007
powerofemo said:

Mako and Yukis match combined in the manga was only 6 chapters long,

Yeah, and Mako's match was really short... ~10 pages :P
Feb 3, 2014 8:46 AM

Aug 2008
Aislinn is cute. Feel bad for her losing. WHY?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 3, 2014 9:24 AM
Aug 2013
Zapredon said:
Aislinn is cute. Feel bad for her losing. WHY?

Agreed! Her "Why?" is so cute!

kitten320 said:

It's ok pacing for this season. At least they moved the extra chapters around and fit them properly, like the Takatoobara chapter which is supposed to be further down the story but placed in episode 3. It's going to be 12-13 episodes and we know Saki's game would be freakin' long. The manga is currently up to the Lieutenent's match of the Semis.

Feb 3, 2014 1:49 PM

Feb 2012
I miss the old announcers/commentators :(
Feb 3, 2014 2:34 PM
Jan 2014
I never post haha but I'm posting now because just a few people are watching this, it's a way to show support maybe lol

Next match is Hisa's, I haven't read the manga at all so I really wonder what's going to happen >.<
Feb 3, 2014 9:12 PM

Jul 2008
That was so quick. I mean the pacing makes sense for a 13 episode series, since I expect Nodoka and Saki will have more episodes of their match. There isn't really much...suspense? this season for me. When I watched season one it was really exciting and at the time I didn't know whether they would get to nationals or not (and it was such a close game). But this season isn't even covering the semifinals...so I mean this is just a stepping stone match anyway.
Feb 3, 2014 9:18 PM

Aug 2008
GarLogan78 said:
That was so quick. I mean the pacing makes sense for a 13 episode series, since I expect Nodoka and Saki will have more episodes of their match. There isn't really much...suspense? this season for me. When I watched season one it was really exciting and at the time I didn't know whether they would get to nationals or not (and it was such a close game). But this season isn't even covering the semifinals...so I mean this is just a stepping stone match anyway.

To make things worse, Achiga already spoil anime viewers who are going to advance to semi. Stupid move by the anime production.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Feb 3, 2014 11:02 PM

Mar 2013
Zapredon said:
To make things worse, Achiga already spoil anime viewers who are going to advance to semi. Stupid move by the anime production.

Did they? Thankfully I don't remember that. lol

I really wished they would've extended Mako's match. I love the way she plays and Aislinn's "Why?" was so adorable.
Feb 4, 2014 4:13 AM

Dec 2011
They did extend it. The whole thing with the tiles lining up, and Aislinn's 'why?' and most of the play shown (including the entire last hand) is new to the anime.

In the manga:
page 10 - Mako leaves the room, patting Yuuki's head on the way out
page 11 - commentating and images of them seated, with most of Mako's tiles visible
page 12 - Himematsu discuss Aislinn
page 13 - Miyamori discuss Aislinn and Mako's chi
page 14 - Mako's chi continued, and reactions
page 15 - the tsumo following the chi, and reactions
page 16 - Mako's hand the next game, and discarding the red 5
page 17 - the pon, the reaction and Mako's ron.
page 18 - Hisa flashback with all of 2 lines from Mako
page 19 - Mako takes off her glasses. Aislinn looks confused.
page 20 - Mako walks away from the table triumphant

That's it.
Feb 5, 2014 7:57 AM

Jan 2011
"oops forgot to take off my glasses"

"why~~"

game over

Mako always number 1 in lowest screen time haha
Feb 5, 2014 6:56 PM
Oct 2012
powerofemo said:
blaZofgold said:

not exactly, If you look at the number of chapters in relation to episodes, Mako and Yukis match combined in the manga was only 6 chapters long, Sakis match alone was over 10 chapters long, Nodoka and Hisas match combined was i believe 13 chapters long, see where I'm going? Even so, at this pace Sakis match should be finished around episode 11-12,wonder if they're going to add something extra, or maybe start the semifinals(just yukis match with satoha),and follow what you said pull an achiga and make postseason episodes to finish those

To add to this, I would not worry. The animators are working hand in glove with the writer. In the first season they created the individual round which, while being original, actually did provide some some insight that the manga writer then incorporated into the main story (particularly the return of Saki's zero plus). So even IF this show needed to add some filler, it will become meaningful filler.

Edit: Should add, Yuuki returning to the room with her robe folded really was a great scene. The great thing about this show is how each character has their ups and downs, but in the end the team balances everything out. I have a feeling that in the end, Saki will be moved to the front to give her team the opportunity of saving her. Maybe not, they have really done a lot of work to prepare us for Saki going up up against Shizuka, but somewhere there has to be the rest of the team supporting her.

Second edit: Mako's moment in the sun is very nice. I love how each school, for different characters begin to realize that Kiyosumi is the true threat.
Takuan_SohoFeb 5, 2014 7:16 PM
Feb 6, 2014 8:13 PM

Feb 2013
Good episode!

I kinda felt bad for the blonde girl lol.
Feb 7, 2014 1:15 AM

Aug 2008
unmemorable_hero said:
Good episode!

Aislinn is too moe.

Feb 8, 2014 11:49 PM

Feb 2013
Zapredon said:
unmemorable_hero said:
Good episode!

Aislinn is too moe.
That....just might be the reason I feel so bad for her lol.
Feb 9, 2014 10:05 AM

Sep 2013
haha hell yes MAKO :D so good
aislinn losing made my day haha

kiyosumi has got this in the bag! very pleased with the pacing this ep
lol i really just wanna see nodoka and saki play their games ;_;
Feb 9, 2014 9:45 PM

Jan 2012
MEGANE CHEAP POWA............ KAI!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Feb 10, 2014 1:14 AM

Jan 2010
Can’t say that I really enjoyed this. It felt dramaless. Part of why I enjoyed the first season so much was that they were able to inject each match with some drama, even though you thought you knew what the outcome would be. The opposition characters seemed more interesting. Doesn’t help that Aislinn seems like a poor imitation of Fukuji, and the drawing stuff was overused. Once would have been enough.

Having said that, I’m glad that Mako did well. It redeems her for her poor play in the provincials.
Apr 24, 2014 7:38 AM

May 2012
Another nice episode but it did felt a bit slower paced... either way let's see what will happen next!
Aug 12, 2014 12:58 AM
Jul 2013
i want to F................... this Aislinn girl she's so cute

cuter than all the main characters in the main story and the side story

i wish they made title of this anime Aislinn not Saki
May 15, 2015 2:57 AM

Sep 2014
Okay Mako is awesome. About time they did her justice, They always skimmed through her during the first season.

I had to laugh out loud when Aislinn went "WHY" in English. XD

PS did Saki even speak this episode?
Aug 14, 2016 5:40 PM

Feb 2013
Another match done. Who's up next?
Aug 3, 2017 7:25 AM

Jul 2015
Well done Mako! She's the most overlooked character of the main cast IMO, but she delivers from time to time.

That final scene was so funny, 3rd match hype!
Feb 28, 2021 5:58 AM

Dec 2010
Man, that was a great episode. Yuuki still fails to deliver(Year 2 when?) but Mako rocked this time, this is what I want to see. Go Kiyosumi!
Aug 31, 2021 3:05 AM

Feb 2020
Aislinn is so adorable. I felt sorry for her. :(
May 13, 2023 7:54 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Damn yuuki lose again, it's just back to square 1 again losing in each match she play with just a cape that made her different from the previous match, different with mako she was completely changed and win the match, im really not expecting it at all

More topics from this board

» What happened after the anime? Spoil me the whole thing

netobiker - Dec 9, 2023

2 by netobiker »»
Dec 9, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Saki: Zenkoku-hen Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

39 by Meritas »»
Aug 25, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Saki: Zenkoku-hen Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2014

36 by Meritas »»
Aug 24, 2023 12:43 PM

Poll: » Saki: Zenkoku-hen Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

38 by Destroyer31 »»
May 13, 2023 9:46 AM

» Season 3...... 9 year

Ghefira - May 5, 2023

3 by Thewatcher_22 »»
May 6, 2023 11:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.