Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 17, 2014 8:08 PM

Aug 2012
Liked the new OP but the ending I prefer the old one, pumpkin head costume lol.
Jan 17, 2014 9:01 PM

Mar 2012
This series is indeed getting better. The setup for this arc was relatively short as well -- we're gonna get right into the action next week and I want to see Koujou destroy those witches. I think the old OP & ED were better than the new ones, but oh well.
Jan 17, 2014 9:05 PM

Aug 2012
Thankyou Yuuma, for providing us with that Sayaka x La Folia goodness.
Jan 17, 2014 9:08 PM

Dec 2011
New OP & ED so good!

Am I the only one that felt the animation wasn't the best in this episode ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2014 9:10 PM

Jul 2013
I really like the new OP. The ending is okay as well.

As much as I like Yukina I have to agree with the majority here about her jealous fits being over done. Especially when she keeps insisting she's only he's observer at the same time.

La Folia x Sayaka ftw! I'm glad they're getting in on the action next week.

Asagi is awesome for pulling that map of the distortion space off, she's gained points in my book.

I'll say this again. Kojou has one of the best harems I've seen in quite some time.

This arc has been good so far. Oh how I wish the novels were translated into English so I could read them :(
Jan 17, 2014 9:45 PM

Jun 2013
julyan04 said:
BinSensei94 said:
Spoiler for next week's episode according to the LN

My eyes must be kidding me 0___0

NO , WTF NO NO.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 17, 2014 10:37 PM

Mar 2013
nice new OP and ED ^^
dat pantsu XD and La folia x sayaka..wew :D
Jan 17, 2014 10:38 PM

Sep 2013
That OP, it reminds me of Highschool DxD openings.

Interesting ED.

Great episode.
Jan 17, 2014 10:57 PM

Oct 2013
Much like everyone else here the episode was good aside from the horror that is Yukina.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 18, 2014 2:53 AM

May 2013
New OP and ED song is nice, but I prefer the old one.
That opening scene xD
Awesome episode c:
Jan 18, 2014 3:02 AM

Dec 2012
I actually like both the new OP and ED better than the previous one.

Lots of fanservice this chapter, and looks like Yuuma wants to release her mother from prison. They will probably show her that her ideals is wrong though, and she will probably come to accept it and join their gang, not being creating a whole lot of havoc.
Jan 18, 2014 3:09 AM

Nov 2013
Yukina sure is becoming an annoying bich, hitting MC out of jealousy and not letting him to go to toilet.
On the other hand he should grow some balls to show her her place.
Jan 18, 2014 5:45 AM

Jul 2012
The new OP is good.

So I wonder if Kujo will get a new familiar out of this experience.

Great episode!!!
Jan 18, 2014 6:01 AM

Dec 2012
OP by the singer from accel world... Meh 7/10. Episode was full of drama sprinkled in with fanservice and nosebleed worthy shots. Expected as much and enjoyed it
Jan 18, 2014 6:35 AM

Nov 2010
That new OP song and sequence looked serious and similar to Minami-ke's (2nd season)
Hope it'll be more tense, but I guess it'll not happen with this Harem action going on

Kojou as Yuuma wanted to mentored about going to the girls bathroom xD
When they were warping it felt like a game reaching it's destination
It's looking a lot like Index to me now with passable visuals

The ED song was very good, the biting was for the vampy fans I guess
Jan 18, 2014 7:41 AM
Jan 2011
Damn Koujou, why don't you used Yuma's powers to get back you body?

Nice fanservice.
Jan 18, 2014 8:25 AM

Dec 2011
I expected a battle in the opening... guess it was too much expectation.

I wonder what will happen next? I wanna see criminals escaping the prison.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2011
Finally Kojou and Yuuma are gonna face off.
I wanna quickly see Kojou owning those Library girls.

Damn... all those opportunities in Yuuma's body.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 18, 2014 9:50 AM

Nov 2013
Oh god, I just broke out laughing when I saw La Folia and Sayaka.

But thats all. Himeragi is getting more and more annoying as the story progresses, the arcs are getting more boring, and the new opening makes me cry.
Jan 18, 2014 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
4/5 I think this was the first time I enjoyed Stb's episode after Sayaka's introduction and that Nalakuvera arc.
Imo the animation sequence is not really good in the new OP but Honestly I don't care about the previous and the new OP because the ending song is really nice!
Looking forward to next episode.
Jan 18, 2014 11:08 AM

Aug 2008
Paul said:
Always wonder why in anime girls always do when they get bit.
It's not an anime thing. It's quite an old interpretation that vampire stories are related to sexual tension. Male vampire sinking his teeth into girl's white neck as she moans suggestively, or older female vampire biting young boy. You don't have to be Freud to think of it as a metaphor of an intercourse...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 18, 2014 11:36 AM

Oct 2013
FernandoSell said:
The previous OP and ED were way better than the new ones...
Am I the only one who thinks that the quality is going down since episode 12? Anyway, I hope this arc gets better in the next episode. Not saying it was a bad episode, but the first half of STB did better than the beginning of the second in my opinion.

prefer the old OP and ED, too. Hmm, will next ep round up this arc?

I miss the real kujou surrounded by his harem...
heiqi1huJan 18, 2014 11:39 AM
Jan 18, 2014 1:10 PM

Jun 2013
Very nice episode, im really liking this arc! :)
Jan 18, 2014 1:43 PM

Dec 2013
Shinseiryuu said:
I actually like both the new OP and ED better than the previous one.

Lots of fanservice this chapter, and looks like Yuuma wants to release her mother from prison. They will probably show her that her ideals is wrong though, and she will probably come to accept it and join their gang, not being creating a whole lot of havoc.

That's how all harems are x)
Jan 18, 2014 2:04 PM

Mar 2013
The new opening song were nice
but the ending song were amazing
now im excepting something new on tokyo ravens to.
Jan 18, 2014 2:29 PM

Nov 2012
New OP was pretty good,the new ED was alright but not better than the first one.

Fanservice as usual.

Meh episode.
Jan 18, 2014 2:54 PM

Feb 2013
A jealous Yukina is a cute Yukina.

When the episode started, I had forgotten about that body swap... was wondering what the big deal about Yukina's panties was...

That new OP song is too good for this series.
Jan 18, 2014 3:13 PM

Nov 2013
Decent episode with the usual jealous Yukina and the fanservice.

Really liked the new OP and ED.

Jan 18, 2014 4:27 PM

Aug 2013
Did anyone else find it odd that loli-Nagisa in the flashback referred to her brother as "Kojou-kun" instead of "Onii-chan" (or equivalent) when he fell?

Yukina is annoying, but I feel like she could be the best girl (or closer to it) if she'd just be more honest with herself...
Jan 18, 2014 4:39 PM
Oct 2010
PaleBlue said:
Did anyone else find it odd that loli-Nagisa in the flashback referred to her brother as "Kojou-kun" instead of "Onii-chan" (or equivalent) when he fell?

She has been calling him that since the anime started, this only showed that she has done it for quite some time. I have always thought this was suspicious since Japan love to cram in as many "onii-chan" as possible. :)
I assume there is more to her than what we see.

This also leads into what I was actually about to bring up. One short scene with Nagisa in the OP showed her doing a very suspiciously weird smile so I assume we will have an arc that will explain what she really is.
Jan 18, 2014 7:44 PM

Mar 2013
gregthemaniac said:
PaleBlue said:

She has been calling him that since the anime started, this only showed that she has done it for quite some time. I have always thought this was suspicious since Japan love to cram in as many "onii-chan" as possible. :)

This also leads into what I was actually about to bring up. One short scene with Nagisa in the OP showed her doing a very suspiciously weird smile so I assume we will have an arc that will explain what she really is.

I was about to explain that suspicious smile from Nagisa in the OP. Nagisa is really hiding something.
Jan 18, 2014 8:52 PM

Nov 2012
woah so much fanservice.. astarte is so cute somehow..
yuuma.. hmm.. I wonder if she has a feeling to kojou too :3
Jan 19, 2014 12:03 AM

Sep 2012
Don't want to accept what is going to happen... although it was hinted all along even in the OP sequence... please no! stop killing my favorite character!! T.T
Jan 19, 2014 1:57 AM

Dec 2011
Kvshi said:
gregthemaniac said:
PaleBlue said:

I was about to explain that suspicious smile from Nagisa in the OP. Nagisa is really hiding something.

"There is no sorrow if you are prepared"
Jan 19, 2014 10:05 AM

Sep 2011
Oh STB, every week of misunderstanding & fansevice.
Jan 19, 2014 11:55 AM

Apr 2013
The most tsundere girl Sayaka get's into Yuri. :3
This was funny. /o/
Jan 19, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode. How could Kojou not know how women pee?
Jan 19, 2014 3:13 PM

Jun 2013
New OP and ED are alright.

3 words: Kanase Index cosplay!
Jan 19, 2014 8:52 PM

Dec 2013
My god ... That scene with Sayaka and La Folia ... I love this anime fanservice.

Strangely, Kojou became more tolerable in Yuuma's body, and Yuuma itself became more badass in Kojou's body.

Next episode will have fights, and I hope it's good. Btw, Dimitrie is second on my list of favorite characters, just behind Yaze.

And Himeragi being a pain in the ass, as always.
Jan 19, 2014 10:11 PM

Aug 2013
This time A lot of fun service :|
But was great episode and has some laughs there
4/5

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 20, 2014 2:23 AM

Nov 2009
Sure took a while for Himeragi and the others to confirm Kojou was in Yuuma's body and the level of fanservice is at a satisfying level as usual. That scene with Sayaka and La Folia was so funny!!

I wonder what past Yuuma shows and I enjoyed that flashback scene with her and the other when they were young. Seems like there is a trick to this whole space distortion and credits to Asagi for being able to solve it.

Loving the new OP and ED!!

5/5

Jan 20, 2014 4:42 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Not bad, this time you are held in the narrative with things "not necessary". Interesting texture, maybe this arc will not be disappointing for me now is satisfying! : D
Drawings not bad, for the most part were acceptable only on certain occasions descended quality in a clear manner. Good animations.
The best characters were really kawaii Astarte, and Kana. Himeragi hilarious together to Kojo in some situations.
I hope the next episodes are even more compelling.
Jan 20, 2014 6:28 AM
Jul 2011
I think this Anime is a little bit similiar to Asura Cyrin And Asura Cryin 2.
Jan 20, 2014 8:42 AM

Jul 2012
This anime is really good at putting in fanservice o-o
Jan 21, 2014 4:25 AM

Apr 2013
Nice op and ed. Yuri? xD
I like Asagi, she's so smart.
What's happening with Natsuki?

Nice ep.
Jan 21, 2014 12:36 PM
Nov 2013
Accidentally walking in the girls bathroom can only happen in Anime XD. Fanservice here is strong.

Nice OP en ED. Would've been better if the new OP and ED started in episode 13.
Jan 23, 2014 2:50 AM

May 2010
Love the new opening song. Really liked the flashback.
Jan 23, 2014 6:07 AM

Aug 2008
Nice episode. Kojou's imouto's smile in the OP foreshadows the last arc of this show I think.
I'll not spoil it.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Jan 23, 2014 6:10 AM

Aug 2008
Erzaa said:
bonifide said:
Himeragi being jealous is getting annoying. She is my least liked female on the show.
Ugh I agree. Plus her "of course I have to do this, I'm his observer after all" crap speech is getting on my nerves.

La Folia, Sayaka and Asagi are SO far superior to her, it's not even a contest. Even Yuuma is more entertaining and we've seen her in 2 episodes.

Even though Himeragi is a waste of space, this anime is incredibly good.

Haha. She kinda reminded me of Mirai from KnK.
I guess Risa Taneda tends to voice mild tsundere characters.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Jan 23, 2014 2:01 PM

Jun 2013
Wooh, Great ep.. A big fight is coming!! wohooo. :)
If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.