Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 28, 2013 1:50 AM

May 2013
Amazing episode!
it was so intense with knov and neferepitous aura i just loved it!
AND KILLUA IS NEXT WEEK OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG FINALLY
Nov 28, 2013 3:32 AM

Nov 2012
Great episode, the sad breakdown was a little unexpected so that was cool, hoping to see Killua and Tako next episode. Lol, hentai guy building his own harem town underground.

Nov 28, 2013 4:31 AM

Jul 2013
Loving all the keyboard-fighting otakus sitting here on MAL calling Knov a pussy. Because they are totally badass and would go full-on Rambo against the Royal Guard *rolls eyes. I can guarantee that if any of you were in his situation you would have shat yourselves at least a dozen times and/or gone insane just from seeing his aura (myself included). Nah, what am I talking about? MAL users are hardcore.
MinagatachiNov 28, 2013 4:38 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2013 7:54 AM

Oct 2013
How can anyone call Knov a pussy? He was afraid as hell yet he managed to finish his job ,that needs SERIOUS BALLS. "It is not courage if you are not afraid"
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 28, 2013 10:34 AM

Apr 2013
Anyone know the name of thriller music on 7:40 when Knov was hiding near stairs? Ty.
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Nov 28, 2013 2:36 PM

Aug 2010
Damn.. I feel Knov. It shows how dangerous the royal guards are. The scene was well executed.

And for people calling him a pussy.. lol? He walked into a place where he could get killed in an instant.
Nov 28, 2013 3:24 PM

Sep 2011
BeyondNero said:
Star of the episode Shinichiro Miki(Knov's voice actor).

10/10 episode,A few episodes from now and every one here will witness the Epicness of this series, Definitely my 3rd fav. of all time.

Urahara (Bleach)
Sakamoto (Gintama)
Roy Mustang (FMA: Brotherhood)
James/Kojirou: (Pokemon)

Wow...

--------------------------------------------------------

It seems some people still didn't know what it means to be in a Zetsu state.

Knov is in Zetsu state:
Zetsu involves shutting off one's aura, it can be dangerous due to it leaving the body defenseless against any aura attack. Even a weak attack enhanced with Nen could do massive damage.

When Gon, Killua and Kite encountered Pitou, they are in Ten state:
Having a shroud of aura surround the body is the most basic defense against the emotional attacks from other users of Nen, however, it can't defend against Nen physical attacks.
The_Mad_WizardNov 28, 2013 3:40 PM
Nov 28, 2013 4:35 PM

Nov 2013
The_Mad_Wizard said:
BeyondNero said:

10/10 episode,A few episodes from now and every one here will witness the Epicness of this series, Definitely my 3rd fav. of all time.

Urahara (Bleach)
Sakamoto (Gintama)
Roy Mustang (FMA: Brotherhood)
James/Kojirou: (Pokemon)

Wow...

--------------------------------------------------------

It seems some people still didn't know what it means to be in a Zetsu state.

Knov is in Zetsu state:
Zetsu involves shutting off one's aura, it can be dangerous due to it leaving the body defenseless against any aura attack. Even a weak attack enhanced with Nen could do massive damage.

When Gon, Killua and Kite encountered Pitou, they are in Ten state:
Having a shroud of aura surround the body is the most basic defense against the emotional attacks from other users of Nen, however, it can't defend against Nen physical attacks.

This
Nov 28, 2013 6:54 PM

Oct 2011
Knov broke down T____T I felt for him. Morel vs Leol next week. Killiua !!!!! YES!!!
Nov 28, 2013 7:24 PM
Sep 2013
BeyondNero said:

10/10 episode, A few episodes from now and every one here will witness the Epicness of this series, Definitely my 3rd fav. of all time.

Agreed, anime viewers are in for the longest and best arc climax in the series. Sometimes I wish I never caved in and read the manga. :/
Nov 28, 2013 8:13 PM

Nov 2012
Yup this episode proved that Knov is actually coward who wasn't even under any En
Gon and Killua has been closer to the aura and even touched it, Knov didn't even touch it at all, he just saw it.

Anyways, great episode.
I liked how knov handled that Ant.
RX-782Nov 28, 2013 8:18 PM
Nov 28, 2013 8:19 PM

Oct 2013
i was actually quite surprised by the coward attitude of knov, this person who was so sure about himself hit a wall here, oh well a good episode, looking forward for the next one

p.s damn i hate the 1 episode by week, its so killing me :P
Nov 28, 2013 9:07 PM

May 2012
The people who call Knov a coward I don't think understand the job he had to do. Not only keep his presence undetectable, but infiltrate a palace with four incredibly strong ants that could kill him in a second. Or has he put torture him until he told them everything. That's mentally taxing and the fact that he completed it means he's not a coward.

It's actually more realistic that's he's not a total harden badass.
Nov 28, 2013 9:30 PM

Nov 2012
bleachjoj said:
The people who call Knov a coward I don't think understand the job he had to do. Not only keep his presence undetectable, but infiltrate a palace with four incredibly strong ants that could kill him in a second. Or has he put torture him until he told them everything. That's mentally taxing and the fact that he completed it means he's not a coward.

It's actually more realistic that's he's not a total harden badass.
I understood the job he had to, and that was to add the exit gates/portals for the hunters that are to infiltrate the Palace.
He is a coward, since he instead of continuing with the mission he was assigned he instead froze in fear because of the Aura he saw rather than felt and just thought of the worst case scenarios - which is what cowards tend to do.
He's a professional Hunter that was hired to do it.
RX-782Nov 29, 2013 2:35 PM
Nov 29, 2013 12:47 AM
Mar 2011
Everything in this episode was perfectly done except one thing. The only thing that I didn't like is the song that was played in the last seconds of the episode...
Nov 29, 2013 2:11 AM

Oct 2012
Cresherhsm said:
BeyondNero said:

10/10 episode, A few episodes from now and every one here will witness the Epicness of this series, Definitely my 3rd fav. of all time.

Agreed, anime viewers are in for the longest and best arc climax in the series. Sometimes I wish I never caved in and read the manga. :/

i agree, it would have beena very veryepic episode to me. if manga wasn't around sadly its not that case. now this episode is so damn boring for me :(
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Nov 29, 2013 6:04 AM

Sep 2011
Nope- said:

He is a coward, since he instead of continuing with the mission he was assigned he instead froze in fear because of the Aura he saw rather than felt and just thought of the worst case scenarios - which is what cowards tend to do.
He completed his mission is because he's a professional that was hired to do it.

This part is confusing.
He is a coward because he froze in fear. And yet, a professional because he completed his mission.

Knov is not a robot. He has feelings too. :(
Not to mention he is a very cautious Conjurer (Materialization) and not a single-minded Enhancer (Reinforcement).
Nov 29, 2013 6:16 AM
Oct 2013
While I thought Knov's breakdown in this episode was really well done, what I couldn't stop thinking about in that scene is how Gon's first reaction when he ran into Pitou's aura was to recklessly try and attack it head-on.

It's impressive that Killua is willing to go back and face it, but looking back on their first brush with Pitou, I can't help but wonder if there's something a little off in Gon's head, it seems a bit of a crazy reaction even after seeing Kite's arm get ripped off.
Nov 29, 2013 7:30 AM
Nov 2013
Miki Shinichirou is amazing!
Nov 29, 2013 7:46 AM

Apr 2010
poor knov T^T he made me cry
Nov 29, 2013 4:41 PM

Mar 2013
Knov's breakdown was amazing. You don't often see guys in action anime (or anything really) get truly scared to that extreme. Great episode, this arc has really been getting good since the the board games got going.
Nov 29, 2013 5:14 PM

Jun 2012
Knov's VA did a great job in this episode ,dem feels .
In general great and intense episode all the way ,Hunter x Hunter goes from better to better.
Madvillain_21Dec 7, 2013 7:45 AM
Nov 30, 2013 1:16 AM

Sep 2013
What is the name of the OST used when knov broke down... Pls help
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2013 3:31 AM

Jun 2013
Kazi9 said:
What is the name of the OST used when knov broke down... Pls help

To give marionette a life I think
Nov 30, 2013 4:26 AM
May 2013
Good job Knov!! but you need to pull yourself together man! Gon and Killua were able to withstand that aura!
Morel - you're awesome you need to take care of that ant swiftly!! SHOW HIM WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF!!!

PS: Bizeff you're ultra creepy!!!
Nov 30, 2013 4:30 AM
May 2013
Asfaria said:
Knov's breakdown was amazing. You don't often see guys in action anime (or anything really) get truly scared to that extreme. Great episode, this arc has really been getting good since the the board games got going.

You're right!! ever since the board game started things have been intense!! and Knov's break down just added to the gravity of the situation!!
Hunter X Hunter FTW!!!!!
Nov 30, 2013 4:31 AM
Sep 2012
There was one thing that I didn't like about this episode and it probably was just me. I never read the Hunter X Hunter manga. First of all, the voice actor of Knov was amazing. The only thing that disappointed me was that Knov was such a pussy in this episode. I never read the manga but I thought he would be some kind of badass.
Nov 30, 2013 4:38 AM
Oct 2011
AVKV said:
There was one thing that I didn't like about this episode and it probably was just me. I never read the Hunter X Hunter manga. First of all, the voice actor of Knov was amazing. The only thing that disappointed me was that Knov was such a pussy in this episode. I never read the manga but I thought he would be some kind of badass.
The only real badasses in this arc are gonna be the old men (Netero and the old "friends" he mentioned. < well he mentioned a friend, but that friend will bring another friend)
Candor123Nov 30, 2013 4:42 AM
Nov 30, 2013 7:35 AM

Sep 2011
I gave up. :(

I guess it's an anime rule that cool calm characters should stay cool and calm no matter what. -_-
Nov 30, 2013 8:00 AM
Sep 2012
The_Mad_Wizard said:
I gave up. :(

I guess it's an anime rule that cool calm characters should stay cool and calm no matter what. -_-

That's not what I meant. I just thought that since Gon and Killua were able to tough it out agains Pitou's aura, Knov should have been able to do the same considering he has more experience and (presumably) more skills as a hunter. It's not that "calm" characters should always stay calm. That's not what I meant.
Nov 30, 2013 8:01 AM

Jan 2013
This is that Togashi writing!
Nov 30, 2013 8:09 AM

Oct 2013
Yea a doctor should always be serious, a clown always a joke and a professional hunter always should be courageous and a badass.... Stereotypes....Stereotypes....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Nov 30, 2013 9:01 AM
Sep 2012
soundscape said:
Yea a doctor should always be serious, a clown always a joke and a professional hunter always should be courageous and a badass.... Stereotypes....Stereotypes....

I'm not gonna argue about this and I sure as hell am not stereotyping. Knov's character was just a bit misleading.
Nov 30, 2013 9:54 AM

Jun 2009
AVKV said:
soundscape said:

I'm not gonna argue about this and I sure as hell am not stereotyping. Knov's character was just a bit misleading.

Which is exactly part of the brilliance of it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 30, 2013 9:57 AM

Oct 2013
^^ This...

and of course it was misleading different people react to different situations differently even the same person can react in the same situation differently if the environment is unknown to him and he doesn't feel comfortable. Even you yourself if I asked you what would you do in situation X(X=something you haven't done before or felt) and you told me Y it doesn't mean that when the situation X actually happens you would do Y.
vedatsvetNov 30, 2013 10:03 AM
Nov 30, 2013 10:43 AM

Dec 2008
I was holding my breath for Knov the whole time. Was that Pitou's aura that caused him to have a mental breakdown? What the hell is Pitou to be able to cause someone as stoic as Knov to lose his shit? Wow!

Bizeff is such a nasty buzzard. I hope Palm kills him quick.

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 30, 2013 3:19 PM

Sep 2011
Knov is in Zetsu mode. He can switch to Ten to protect himself but that will compromise the mission.

Though he did a little Hatsu to the guard ant and everytime he marks an exit.

The_Mad_WizardNov 30, 2013 3:23 PM
Nov 30, 2013 5:17 PM

Nov 2012
The_Mad_Wizard said:
Knov is in Zetsu mode. He can switch to Ten to protect himself but that will compromise the mission.
Except Knov didn't touch the nen at all. So he wasn't physically harmed at all by it Unlike how Gon & Killua who were trying to walk into a hall where Hisoka was expelling his nen(Not sure which kind it was) and they touched it and it was doing harm, and keep in mind that this was the time they didn't know how to use nen and was basically in Zetsu.
RX-782Nov 30, 2013 5:28 PM
Nov 30, 2013 5:32 PM

Jul 2013
Nope- said:
The_Mad_Wizard said:
Except Knov didn't touch the nen at all. So he wasn't physically harmed at all by it Unlike how Gon & Killua who were trying to walk into a hall where Hisoka was expelling his nen(Not sure which kind it was) and they touched it and it was doing harm, and keep in mind that this was the time they didn't know how to use nen and was basically in Zetsu.
They were neither in a state of Ten or Zetsu at the time.
Nov 30, 2013 5:37 PM

Sep 2012
Airsyk said:
soundscape said:
This episode actually build the character of Kite even more. Knov and Kite could be compared as being at the same level as pro hunters but Kite despite of even feeling that aura and losing his arm afterwards tried to stay calm,gathered all his courage and fought well. You can only respect Kite more after seeing the contradiction here not that Knov isn't courageous cause despite his fear he still accomplished his mission.

I'm sure Kite would have ran if Gon and Killua weren't there.

Of course he would, but he wouldn't have cried like a teenage girl too scared of losing her virgnity.
Nov 30, 2013 8:28 PM

Jan 2013
SetsukoHara said:

Of course he would, but he wouldn't have cried like a teenage girl too scared of losing her virgnity.

Knov still finished the mission so quit fuckin hating because you would have shit your pants if that were you.
Dec 1, 2013 7:37 AM

Nov 2012
for the last time the man was in zetsu state when exposed to the pressure of pouf's en..that's the reason for the mental breakdown.
regular hunters would die under the same circumstances
+
remember kite ..how he stood didn't flinch from the malice aura or his hand..he just focused on pitou with a majestic look

sasga kaito
Dec 1, 2013 7:41 AM
Dec 2013
poor knov
Dec 1, 2013 9:04 AM

Nov 2013
kitosama said:
for the last time the man was in zetsu state when exposed to the pressure of pouf's en..that's the reason for the mental breakdown.
regular hunters would die under the same circumstances
+
remember kite ..how he stood didn't flinch from the malice aura or his hand..he just focused on pitou with a majestic look

sasga kaito

This
Dec 1, 2013 12:38 PM

Jul 2013
That was Pouf aura. Pito, she have a red aura. And Pouf use his En and Pito heal the king.
Dec 1, 2013 1:14 PM

Sep 2012
kitosama said:
regular hunters would die under the same circumstances.

Bullcrap, he was never in contact with Pouf's en. He was probably as close to it as Komugi, and yet she didn't shit her pants.
You guys have to accept he's just a coward.
Dec 1, 2013 1:18 PM

Jan 2013
SetsukoHara said:

Bullcrap, he was never in contact with Pouf's en. He was probably as close to it as Komugi, and yet she didn't shit her pants.

How the hell is he a coward. He completed the mission. He did his fucking job, so tell me how the fuck is he a coward.

Again, if you were in his shoes you would of shit your pants and ran before you were even at the castle. So quit acting like your a fucking badass because your not.
Dec 1, 2013 1:20 PM

Nov 2012
kitosama said:
for the last time the man was in zetsu state when exposed to the pressure of pouf's en.
Except it wasn't Poufs en fault.

ibrahim2712 said:
SetsukoHara said:

How the hell is he a coward. He completed the mission. He did his fucking job, so tell me how the fuck is he a coward.

Again, if you were in his shoes you would of shit your pants and ran before you were even at the castle. So quit acting like your a fucking badass because your not.
Calm down you butthurt aspie.
He's a coward as I said before, he could've gone further into the Palace and added a lot more exits but when he saw Pitous aura he started whimpering and just put a exit where he started cowering and thought of the worst case scenarios like what cowards tend to.

Please, don't use that "If that was you would x!!" argument since this is anime, not a story based on true events.
RX-782Dec 1, 2013 3:29 PM
Dec 1, 2013 1:25 PM

Oct 2013
This is getting retarded.... Some believe he is a coward and some don't, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think we should end the debate here agreeing that overall the episode was amazing even if Knov was or not a coward.
Dec 1, 2013 1:27 PM

Aug 2011
SetsukoHara said:
kitosama said:
regular hunters would die under the same circumstances.

Komugi is blind, she doesn't know that the King and the other royal guards are chimera ants and she doesn't know nen, that's why she isn't afraid. Just think about those other players in the palace, they were shitting their pants and one of them even commited suicide because of the pressure.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
3 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.