Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2013 3:00 AM
Sep 2013
5/5 again, that makes two "Loved it!" episodes in a row. Let's go Madhouse!
Oct 23, 2013 3:09 AM

Jul 2013
I'm doubting that Octobro will survive =(
ValeBreck said:
Bloodly episode, the results of the time-slot change?
Also Ikalgo is a bro

I haven't noticed any changes from the time-slot yet, there have been far more violent moments when it was still in the morning time-slot.
MinagatachiOct 23, 2013 3:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2013 3:41 AM

Jan 2011
So much blood lost hope Killua won't be out of the game for to long

but man Gon is growing some dark eyes starting to resemble Killua the more we go into this arc (when hes serious i mean)
Oct 23, 2013 3:56 AM

Jun 2009
Broctopus to the rescue!
Oct 23, 2013 4:01 AM

Jan 2013
jayvon said:
Gon is starting to scare me I never seen a character that was genuinely a good person but was literally out for blood like that.

This is what separates him from the luffy's the goku's and the naruto's

I like it like this

Oct 23, 2013 4:10 AM

Jan 2013
fearthebeard85 said:
xieghart said:
destonyDbaby said:
ShigyC said:
Fodders putting Killua near-death

This clearly shows danger in the show
most of the time when characters gets power they seem invincible
for example naruto. really, does any of the rookies 10 has even 1% chance to kill him ?
in the hunter x hunter it would be quite possible since anything can happen

Which is why HxH is so good. It usually boils down to how smart you are and what tactics you employ to win. It's not just about raw power or how much talent a character has. A fodder can beat a generally stronger character, vice versa.

Good episode.

Well I mean to put it into perspective...

The power difference in Killua's favor to the Ortho Siblings is probably to a similar level to that of Gon and Genthru and yet Gon was able to win that fight. To be fair, I can't honestly gauge those power gaps to be exactly precise because they could be greater in Gon-Genthru's case or vice versa, but you see what I'm getting at.

The Ortho Siblings almost being able to best Killua even though they were heavily outclassed in raw aura and strength was because of the situation and their strategy. The same can be said about Gon's victory over Genthru. Had the Ortho Siblings not let down their guard and finished Killua off, the same could've been said there.

So basically I'm just further reiterating what everyone already knows, but this is exactly why Nen is such a great power concept. Obviously there will still be your typical overpowered abilities, but depending on your application of your ability, strategy and the situation anyone can beat anyone. Morel wasn't bullshitting when he told Killua that.

with some powers I have been trying figure out how the hell people will be able to beat that. emperor time is such a power, I don't know how the phantom troupe's will be able take him out.(healing,chain jail and arbiters rule) or feitans pain packer ( come on now, a sun miniature sun right in your face). my only suggestion kill them before they can use their powers, but i doubt that

Oct 23, 2013 5:05 AM

Aug 2009
How the heck do you do math while you're being stabbed all over??? Damn, Killua's so awesome.
Oct 23, 2013 5:22 AM
Apr 2013
destonyDbaby said:

with some powers I have been trying figure out how the hell people will be able to beat that. emperor time is such a power, I don't know how the phantom troupe's will be able take him out.(healing,chain jail and arbiters rule) or feitans pain packer ( come on now, a sun miniature sun right in your face). my only suggestion kill them before they can use their powers, but i doubt that

Emperor Time is a dangerous ability, but definitely not impossible to beat. Even when using Emperor Time, Kurapika is still far below the Troupe in terms of physical abilities, Nen mastery, experience, etc. Chain Jail is the only ability that could be dangerous to the Troupe (without that, Kurapika would have never beaten Uvogin) and now that the Troupe knows how it works, there is no way Kurapika will ever be able to defeat any of them in a straight fight. He can only rely on his intelligence and careful planning to try and defeat the Troupe.
As for Feitan, well obviously there must be a way to defend against it, since Feitan could conjure some kind of armor that protected him. If Feitan can do it, then others can.
Oct 23, 2013 5:40 AM
Feb 2013
Feitan's painpacker is certainly crazy. However he has that preparation period, which can gives enough time for fast thinker to react.
Oct 23, 2013 5:48 AM

May 2013
Amazing,just amazing. Killua is my favorite character, along with Hisoka!
Oct 23, 2013 7:10 AM
Sep 2013
That was awesome episode!! I dint expect Killua save this ant life that was quite surprising and like it cuz it was so. I start liking Killua more and more after every episode, the development its just perfect.
Oct 23, 2013 7:42 AM

Jul 2009
That inner dialogue that Killua was having with himself when he was bleeding on the ground felt so real and is more impactful than the manga. That's Madhouse for you but they also have solid material from the manga to work with. I hope when Madhouse releases the series on home video they revisit bits in previous episodes that censored gory scenes that were adapted from the manga and make it as bloody as this episode was.
Oct 23, 2013 7:48 AM

Oct 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0gd3uGNO1c&feature=player_detailpage

Oh darn, watching this makes me really hyped for the up coming episodes. And seeing Hisoka here it's possible Madhouse will animate the next arc as well?
Oct 23, 2013 8:28 AM

Oct 2008
Django_Freeman said:

Emperor Time is a dangerous ability, but definitely not impossible to beat. Even when using Emperor Time, Kurapika is still far below the Troupe in terms of physical abilities, Nen mastery, experience, etc. Chain Jail is the only ability that could be dangerous to the Troupe (without that, Kurapika would have never beaten Uvogin) and now that the Troupe knows how it works, there is no way Kurapika will ever be able to defeat any of them in a straight fight. He can only rely on his intelligence and careful planning to try and defeat the Troupe.
As for Feitan, well obviously there must be a way to defend against it, since Feitan could conjure some kind of armor that protected him. If Feitan can do it, then others can.

The troupe knowing Kurapika's abilities is certainly disadvantageous. But to go as far as to say he has "no way" of beating "them in a straight fight" is too much in my opinion. Kurapika's Chain Jail is not so rigid that knowing its existence makes it worthless. Does knowing Hisoka's Bungee Gum abilities give his opponents that much of an advantage? Granted, knowing Kurapika has Chain Jail improves their chances but that does not guarantee that they can avoid or counter it.

Emperor Time has risks too. Surely, it has a time limit seeing how much it taxes him physically. And then of course repeated usage takes its toll on him.

As for Feitan, he has to take damage in order to use it properly. It may be a condition that he has to take damage before he can activate it at all. Taking damage is within itself dangerous. That's its weakness. If you can wear him down without injuring him, then you could finish him off without Feitan ever activating Pain Packer. I suppose there is a chance even self-inflicted wounds can be used for Pain Packer, but I doubt it. And of course there is always the chance of an instakill.

Chimera Ants aside, all the most powerful abilities we've seen so far have huge risks and/or several conditions that must be met before using it. So I'm not convinced we've seen an overpowered ability yet. The only one I can think of that might be overpowered is Bonolenov's Jupiter attack.
Oct 23, 2013 8:32 AM

Jan 2013
n10sity said:
Django_Freeman said:

The troupe knowing Kurapika's abilities is certainly disadvantageous. But to go as far as to say he has "no way" of beating "them in a straight fight" is too much in my opinion. Kurapika's Chain Jail is not so rigid that knowing its existence makes it worthless. Does knowing Hisoka's Bungee Gum abilities give his opponents that much of an advantage? Granted, knowing Kurapika has Chain Jail improves their chances but that does not guarantee that they can avoid or counter it.

Emperor Time has risks too. Surely, it has a time limit seeing how much it taxes him physically. And then of course repeated usage takes its toll on him.

As for Feitan, he has to take damage in order to use it properly. It may be a condition that he has to take damage before he can activate it at all. Taking damage is within itself dangerous. That's its weakness. If you can wear him down without injuring him, then you could finish him off without Feitan ever activating Pain Packer. I suppose there is a chance even self-inflicted wounds can be used for Pain Packer, but I doubt it. And of course there is always the chance of an instakill.

Chimera Ants aside, all the most powerful abilities we've seen so far have huge risks and/or several conditions that must be met before using it. So I'm not convinced we've seen an overpowered ability yet. The only one I can think of that might be overpowered is Bonolenov's Jupiter attack.

@Django_Freeman

if we were a hunter and we had face those abilities with out any prior knowledge how it will go lol.

kurapika will show so many abilities that will make you think "wtf, so haxxed. how this even possible?"

and from feitan. when he uses his abilities, I am pretty sure you're not going rush in recklessly when you have no clue what the hell is doing.

@n10sity
yeah that jupiter seems pretty strong
btw if you have pretty haxx abilities with out having risk/limits/conditions then all I got too say is "broken character" XD
destonyDbabyOct 23, 2013 8:39 AM

Oct 23, 2013 9:52 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode.

I don't know for others, but the Ikalgo's "I want to be born as a squid" scene was so sad in the manga, but somehow it seems like the drama was lessened in the anime.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Oct 23, 2013 10:10 AM

Aug 2010
Killua being badass like always. I have respect for that Octupus. He's such a bro.

That preview at the end.. looks like shit is about to go down.
Oct 23, 2013 12:07 PM

Sep 2008
s
n10sity said:
Django_Freeman said:

Well tbh as far nen abilities are concerned I think "knowledge is power" is really an apt way to describe them.

Nen abilities are essentially a mechanism to overcome seemingly impossible gaps in physical strength. If I were a nen ability user and I went up against another nen ability user who knows the ins and outs of my ability, and I don't know his, I am quite simply put, at a massive disadvantage. As we have observed from Hisoka vs that Heaven's arena guy. Hisoka was willing to pay the price of an arm, albeit temporarily, to figure out his ability. That goes to show exactly how much knowledge is worth. This is why dragonfly guy is going to such lengths to find out Killua's ability and Killua is willing to pay anything short of his life to hide it. It's like a game of counters. Once your cards are out, someone can find a counter to it.

In that vein, anyone, no matter how powerful, unless he was literally God Almighty, could be brought down by an unknown ability. Like we can easily imagine King Ant being brought down by an ability like Dart-Ants' IF they managed to attach the badge, and IF the darts were actually able to pierce the King Ant's skin.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Oct 23, 2013 12:13 PM
Mar 2012
As expected of togashit he knows his games well
Oct 23, 2013 12:53 PM

Oct 2008
@kuity

Oh, I wasn't downplaying the importance of knowing your opponents abilities. I think that is very important. I think they have done a good job establishing how crucial it is to conceal your own nen abilities and figure out your opponents' nen abilities. I simply was attempting to point out that knowing Kurapika's ability doesn't necessarily mean any of the troupe members can beat him now.
Oct 23, 2013 1:03 PM

Dec 2008
IKALGO!!!!! I wish this show aired a new episode every day. I'm so greedy!
Oct 23, 2013 1:23 PM

Sep 2013
That moment when gon tried to look fierce... XDDD
Anyways, it felt so weird seeing gon say something like that O_o like... where did that innocent little boy go? :DD Killua on the other hand then.. well ruthless and badass as always but he saved his enemys life just because he tought he was a "cool guy"... god damnit :DD Is it just me or does it feel like gon and killua are slowly "switching the roles"?? :D

And yea one more thing, like everyone else has praised here, Ikalgo seems like a cool dude B)
Life left to go
Oct 23, 2013 2:41 PM
May 2013
Kurapika's emperor time is not hax, it simply makes him a more efficient nen fighter. I think people get confused (especially with the show) when he says that he can use all nen groups to 100%, mistaking that Kurapika is at the same nen level strength of a master enhancer like Uvogin. (Read up the wiki about it for a more in depth look since they explained this a bit differently in the manga)

I also believe that Kurapika only really used Chain Jail to capture Uvo/experiment on him. Let's not forget that he was still going toe to toe with him in terms of the fighting skill and with his healing thumb, damage dealt to him is negated. SO imo Kurapika is a capable fighter among the Troupe in a 1v1 especially when some of them aren't even combat oriented.

As for Feitan, n10sity basically pointed it out. The conditions for him to even activate his skill in the first place is 1. he must be dealt damage 2. he must be enraged by it. Yes the opponents may not know this at first but it still doesnt change the fact that he is basically stuck with non hatsu techniques until those conditions are met. Only reason why it works for Feitan is because he's already incredibly fast and skilled enough for most opponents with just using the nen basics

Last thing I wanna comment on is Bonolenov's battle ability which includes jupiter. I bet his condition is his limitation on his movements. He has to move a certain rhythm in order to use certain skills and he probably has no control on the outcome if his body was forced to move in a certain way which may be why he has to wear bandages all the time since a simple act of walking alone might accidentally throw jupiter down on someone LOL.
Oct 23, 2013 3:04 PM

Jan 2013
Xvenger said:
Kurapika's emperor time is not hax, it simply makes him a more efficient nen fighter. I think people get confused (especially with the show) when he says that he can use all nen groups to 100%, mistaking that Kurapika is at the same nen level strength of a master enhancer like Uvogin. (Read up the wiki about it for a more in depth look since they explained this a bit differently in the manga)

I also believe that Kurapika only really used Chain Jail to capture Uvo/experiment on him. Let's not forget that he was still going toe to toe with him in terms of the fighting skill and with his healing thumb, damage dealt to him is negated. SO imo Kurapika is a capable fighter among the Troupe in a 1v1 especially when some of them aren't even combat oriented.

As for Feitan, n10sity basically pointed it out. The conditions for him to even activate his skill in the first place is 1. he must be dealt damage 2. he must be enraged by it. Yes the opponents may not know this at first but it still doesnt change the fact that he is basically stuck with non hatsu techniques until those conditions are met. Only reason why it works for Feitan is because he's already incredibly fast and skilled enough for most opponents with just using the nen basics

Last thing I wanna comment on is Bonolenov's battle ability which includes jupiter. I bet his condition is his limitation on his movements. He has to move a certain rhythm in order to use certain skills and he probably has no control on the outcome if his body was forced to move in a certain way which may be why he has to wear bandages all the time since a simple act of walking alone might accidentally throw jupiter down on someone LOL.

1. when we say that power his haxxxed. we are talking about its potential. with that he can master anything

2. like you said he is skilled. i doubt that any1 can just 1 shot him. this works for feitan because its own ability only (an unique power) therefore making it haxxed

3. hunters can figure out how counter him during the fight tho they might get surprised by the attacks. not sure if it when like this but i think to be able to use jupiter, he had to do a lot of movement, with a damage body i doubt he can pull off those big moves

Oct 23, 2013 3:23 PM

Dec 2012
Killua's badassery never ceases to amaze me.

But seriously,
Oct 23, 2013 3:58 PM

Sep 2013
beaniesaige said:
But seriously,
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Oct 23, 2013 6:05 PM

Aug 2010
TAKBRO
Oct 23, 2013 6:22 PM

Oct 2012
their head... XD

awesome ep as always...

Oct 23, 2013 6:26 PM

Sep 2008
n10sity said:
@kuity

Oh, I wasn't downplaying the importance of knowing your opponents abilities. I think that is very important. I think they have done a good job establishing how crucial it is to conceal your own nen abilities and figure out your opponents' nen abilities. I simply was attempting to point out that knowing Kurapika's ability doesn't necessarily mean any of the troupe members can beat him now.

Yeah I know, I'm in agreement with you regarding Kurapika. I just thought I would mention the other thing as an interesting observation.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Oct 23, 2013 6:51 PM

Oct 2011
rolffxd said:

Anyways, it felt so weird seeing gon say something like that O_o like... where did that innocent little boy go? :DD Killua on the other hand then.. well ruthless and badass as always but he saved his enemys life just because he tought he was a "cool guy"... god damnit :DD Is it just me or does it feel like gon and killua are slowly "switching the roles"??

While Killua has slowly been changing due to his relationship with Gon, I wouldn't go as far as saying their roles are reversed. While Gon has always appeared to be naive and incredibly innocent on the surface, he's always had a cunning instinct to his character or a more moral indecent character than people think. When I say morally indecent, I mean that he lives by his own code. So while he is a blockhead and all around "good" person, he does have his devious traits that have been shown dating all the way back to the Hunter Exam.

This can be shown when he strikes that deal with Ponzu to give her the tag she needs if she helps them escape that cave and then steals her tag so that Leorio may pass while she is unconscious after escaping. That's just one example but there are several more but in the interest of holding people's attention I won't throw out paragraphs worth of examples.

I'd say this side of Gon has become more apparent in the Chimera Ant arc due to the circumstances at hand, but it has always been present and hinted towards. Gon is selfish and does what he has to do get his way, so to say that he can let his conscience go to destroy Meleoron if he is in fact lying, it isn't exactly out of character, just maybe more extreme then we are used to seeing.

Killua on the other hand has been changing more so since he paired up with Gon. He sees Gon as his "light" because Gon is living the way he always envisioned. This is why Killua is so attached to Gon. Gon is an inspiration for him to better himself and change his ways in order to make progress towards living the life of a "normal" kid (which they obviously aren't but it's a step up from having no freedom as an assassin). So for him to not instantaneously kill Ikalgo for the enemy it speaks volumes for the progress Killua has made. He said at the beginning of the arc that he'd have to turn the switch back on in order to carry out this mission but through this act it has shown that the progress he has made on his character as a person has paid off that he could still flip the switch and make the decision not to kill his enemy because he sensed he was a good person.
Oct 23, 2013 7:58 PM

Jun 2012
Gon's eyes this episode were awesome!
Oct 23, 2013 10:15 PM

Sep 2011
BROCTOPUS! What a bro. Gon's eyes oh man.
Oct 24, 2013 12:11 AM

Dec 2009
Ikalgooooooooooooo my love

gon being bad ass saying that it would be easier for him to finish cameleon if he lied to him and killua s trick... they are showing the influences they have on each other
I believe in karma what you give is what you get returned~ ♫
Oct 24, 2013 5:13 AM

Oct 2009
rolffxd said:
That moment when gon tried to look fierce... XDDD
Anyways, it felt so weird seeing gon say something like that O_o like... where did that innocent little boy go? :DD Killua on the other hand then.. well ruthless and badass as always but he saved his enemys life just because he tought he was a "cool guy"... god damnit :DD Is it just me or does it feel like gon and killua are slowly "switching the roles"?? :D

And yea one more thing, like everyone else has praised here, Ikalgo seems like a cool dude B)

What changed Gon:

Oct 24, 2013 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
Holy crap at Gon's very out-of-character scene, though it must be because of the state the Chimera ants put Kite in. And God, how I love Killua, haha.
Oct 24, 2013 8:47 AM

May 2013
Wow an amazing episode. even tho its hurting my feels seeing killua like that
Oct 24, 2013 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
Broctopus for the win.
Oct 24, 2013 8:53 AM

Aug 2013
This arc was so boring too. Looks like it's going to pick up the pace again. :)
Oct 24, 2013 9:09 AM
Apr 2013
n10sity said:

Well, maybe I shouldn't have said "no way", but the odds would be VERY low. As long as you don't forget to look out for the Chain Jail with Gyo, then it's just a matter of whether you're fast enough to dodge it or not, and the Spiders definitely are. Now of course Kurapika could craft some complicated plan, or he could get lucky, but it's highly likely he would never be able to capture any member (and he's aware of this, that's why he wanted to use Gon as a decoy in Yorknew). And without Chain Jail, Kurapika has little to no chance against any member (well, we don't know about Korutopi, but that's it).
Oct 24, 2013 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
I found this ep a bit slower,but broctopus was nice.
Also Gon s eyes.
Oct 24, 2013 10:14 AM
Oct 2013
endlessdevotion said:
Holy crap at Gon's very out-of-character scene, though it must be because of the state the Chimera ants put Kite in. And God, how I love Killua, haha.

I don't understand the people who say this is out of character for Gon. It is completely true to his morally grey character. Fearthebeard85 is right, Gon has always been like this, it's just surfacing up more and more (it'll really get out of hand by the end of the arc).

Gon lives by his own moral code. Whatever you did before Gon met you, it doesn't matter to him. You could have been Hitler for all he cares, and he'll gladly befriend you. Gon doesn't care if you killed a million people, he only cares when it affects him personally. So if you hurt his friends, then it becomes personal, and nothing can stop Gon. Even if that person is someone he barely even knew (yeah, I'm saying he barely knew Kaito), he'll still rage over it and stand up for what he thinks is right. He'll also forgive a lot of things that his friends do, as long as it doesn't affect Gon personally. So if Killua killed a random passerby Gon didn't know, he wouldn't bat an eye. If Killua killed his aunt Mito, Gon would crumble and become super unpredictable.

Early examples include: the hunter exam where Killua instantaneously ripped out the prisoner's heart. Gon didn't bat an eye. Also, the part where Killua tells Gon he is an assassin and has killed many people. Gon's reaction? Full of glee and curiosity. Then there's his lust for competition when he tried to go against Hisoka, then lost, and had to pay him back in the heaven arena arc.

Gon also bore no ill feelings towards the phantom troupe until he learned Kurapika was involved. Same thing with the convicts in Greed Island. Gon learned they had raped and murdered many people, but again, he didn't care. He even liked Razor because Razor didn't do anything to Gon (or his friends) personally. It also showed a glimpse of Gon's thirst for power; he abused Killua's hands to show off and win, without caring if Killua was in pain or not.

The first most prominent example of Gon's thirst for bloodlust and not-so-morally-right character, was when he was battling Genthru. Instead of sticking with the plan that everyone came up with, through his own arrogance, Gon had to prove his own power to Genthru, to you know, 'show him'. This lost him his voice and arm.

It just simply became even more obvious in the latest arc, and trust me, it'll get even worse.

Gon is not the naive innocent boy that everyone believed he was in the beginning. He's a deconstruction of the stereotypical happy hero of the shounen genre.

To Gon, it only matters if something happens to him personally. Touch him or his friends, and you die. Everyone else is fair game. It's as simple as that. We're going to see more of this side of Gon in this arc.
Oct 24, 2013 10:31 AM

Jan 2013
Celianna said:
endlessdevotion said:

I don't understand the people who say this is out of character for Gon. It is completely true to his morally grey character. Fearthebeard85 is right, Gon has always been like this, it's just surfacing up more and more (it'll really get out of hand by the end of the arc).

Gon lives by his own moral code. Whatever you did before Gon met you, it doesn't matter to him. You could have been Hitler for all he cares, and he'll gladly befriend you. Gon doesn't care if you killed a million people, he only cares when it affects him personally. So if you hurt his friends, then it becomes personal, and nothing can stop Gon. Even if that person is someone he barely even knew (yeah, I'm saying he barely knew Kaito), he'll still rage over it and stand up for what he thinks is right. He'll also forgive a lot of things that his friends do, as long as it doesn't affect Gon personally. So if Killua killed a random passerby Gon didn't know, he wouldn't bat an eye. If Killua killed his aunt Mito, Gon would crumble and become super unpredictable.

Early examples include: the hunter exam where Killua instantaneously ripped out the prisoner's heart. Gon didn't bat an eye. Also, the part where Killua tells Gon he is an assassin and has killed many people. Gon's reaction? Full of glee and curiosity. Then there's his lust for competition when he tried to go against Hisoka, then lost, and had to pay him back in the heaven arena arc.

Gon also bore no ill feelings towards the phantom troupe until he learned Kurapika was involved. Same thing with the convicts in Greed Island. Gon learned they had raped and murdered many people, but again, he didn't care. He even liked Razor because Razor didn't do anything to Gon (or his friends) personally. It also showed a glimpse of Gon's thirst for power; he abused Killua's hands to show off and win, without caring if Killua was in pain or not.

The first most prominent example of Gon's thirst for bloodlust and not-so-morally-right character, was when he was battling Genthru. Instead of sticking with the plan that everyone came up with, through his own arrogance, Gon had to prove his own power to Genthru, to you know, 'show him'. This lost him his voice and arm.

It just simply became even more obvious in the latest arc, and trust me, it'll get even worse.

Gon is not the naive innocent boy that everyone believed he was in the beginning. He's a deconstruction of the stereotypical happy hero of the shounen genre.

To Gon, it only matters if something happens to him personally. Touch him or his friends, and you die. Everyone else is fair game. It's as simple as that. We're going to see more of this side of Gon in this arc.

Dont you love that about gon ? :D because I do

I really hate those characters that keep saying justice and shit, for example "freezing" the main character in their pissed me off so badly that I almost dropped the show

or when goku fought frieza and wanted too give him a 2nd chance despite all he has done. I was like"dafuq is wrong with you !!"

Oct 24, 2013 11:30 AM
May 2013
destonyDbaby said:

1. when we say that power his haxxxed. we are talking about its potential. with that he can master anything

2. like you said he is skilled. i doubt that any1 can just 1 shot him. this works for feitan because its own ability only (an unique power) therefore making it haxxed

3. hunters can figure out how counter him during the fight tho they might get surprised by the attacks. not sure if it when like this but i think to be able to use jupiter, he had to do a lot of movement, with a damage body i doubt he can pull off those big moves

I like how there are 2 different discussions happening on this thread happening at once xD

1. yea Kurapika HAD the potential to master anything. He already made his hatsu which is the conjured chains and I dont think i've ever heard of any take backs in nen.
besides he wouldn't really be able to fully master it if we go by the manga description on emperor time.

2. Imma make a bold controversial hypothetical situation here and say that if the ortho siblings power were ever able to place the badge on Feitan in some way, they can essentially one shot him with a head shot. where is his hax ability now?
Oct 24, 2013 11:34 AM
Oct 2013
destonyDbaby said:

Dont you love that about gon ? :D because I do

I really hate those characters that keep saying justice and shit, for example "freezing" the main character in their pissed me off so badly that I almost dropped the show

or when goku fought frieza and wanted too give him a 2nd chance despite all he has done. I was like"dafuq is wrong with you !!"

Yup, I adore that part in Gon. He's a freak (ironic, for his last name) and you don't want to cross him.

It's funny how Killua, who started off as the bad-ass assassin with no emotions, keeps growing up to be a better person, whereas Gon who was portrayed as 'sugar, spice and everything nice' is now spiraling out of control.
CeliannaOct 24, 2013 11:44 AM
Oct 24, 2013 1:17 PM

Sep 2013
@featherbeard85 @Celianna
Now that you mention it yea, what you folks say is surely about right.
So Celianne no offence now! But I still feel like the way how you put it, makes Gon sound like a lot "worse" person than what he actually is.
I mean I think he's just extremely simple minded when it comes to these things, but he is also really courteous and clearly does sense what is right and wrong even if it didn't directly affect him or his friends. This is probably atleast partially thanks to Mito.

It's only that he doesn't judge people by their past. (like you said!)
Personally I feel Gon just lives in the present and only cares about how someone seems to be at the very moment. So.. no matter what Razor had done in the past, when Gon meets him he seems like a nice guy to him, so he doesn't care, but when he sees that serial killer prisoner for example, he knows he doesn't mean anything good so he doesn't care even if Killua kills him.

Another example about this "Gon doesn't care if people die" thing... when he heard that they should just wait for the ants to slaughter 5 million people he didn't just pass that by a shrug.
So I'm 100% sure Gon WOULD care if Killua just killed some random passerby, I mean, just no, he doesn't wish any harm to innocent people, nor wants to hurt anyone's feelings. (he actually doesn't even like to kill his own ENEMIES, unless it's necessary)

And about that troupe thing, didn't he get infuriated about them when he learnt that they weren't just a "heartless killing machines" but actually got some feelings towards other people when he saw Nobunaga mourning about Uvo? I can't remember that having anything to do with Kurapika? :P (could be I just remember wrong)

So yea in short, he just has his very own way of thinking (again, like you said) but he's by no means a bad person (not that I thought you were exactly implying that) even if he judges people in his own way, as I think his own "moral code" really isn't all that bad. :P
I think featherbeard descripted him pretty well, and celianna for sure made me realize more about his true nature even tho I don't complitely agree with what you said (:

But I guess this one thing we can all agree is that he has for sure turned out to be a lot different and more interesting character than people used to think at the first sight. (: And I'm really looking forward to see things spin out of control later on, as been hinted :3

And by the way, I don't wish to be struck arguing about this with anyone, as it's pretty painful for me to try make my points clear when I have so many things floating in my mind and cos my english skills ain't that good either.
rolffxdOct 24, 2013 1:21 PM
Life left to go
Oct 24, 2013 1:39 PM

Jan 2013
rolffxd said:
So Celianne no offence now! But I still feel like the way how you put it, makes Gon sound like a lot "worse" person than what he actually is.
I mean I think he's just extremely simple minded when it comes to these things, but he is also really courteous and clearly does sense what is right and wrong even if it didn't directly affect him or his friends. This is probably atleast partially thanks to Mito.

Personally I feel Gon just lives in the present and only cares about how someone seems to be at the very moment. So.. no matter what Razor had done in the past, when Gon meets him he seems like a nice guy to him, so he doesn't care, but when he sees that serial killer prisoner for example, he knows he doesn't mean anything good so he doesn't care even if Killua kills him.

Another example about this "Gon doesn't care if people die" thing... when he heard that they should just wait for the ants to slaughter 5 million people he didn't just pass that by a shrug.
So I'm 100% sure Gon WOULD care if Killua just killed some random passerby, I mean, just no, he doesn't wish any harm to innocent people, nor wants to hurt anyone's feelings. (he actually doesn't even like to kill his own ENEMIES, unless it's necessary)

And about that troupe thing, didn't he get infuriated about them when he learnt that they weren't just a "heartless killing machines" but actually got some feelings towards other people when he saw Nobunaga mourning about Uvo? I can't remember that having anything to do with Kurapika? :P (could be I just remember wrong)

So yea in short, he just has his very own way of thinking (again, like you said) but he's by no means a bad person (not that I thought you were exactly implying that) even if he judges people in his own way, as I think his own "moral code" really isn't all that bad. :P
I think featherbeard descripted him pretty well, and celianna for sure made me realize more about his true nature even tho I don't complitely agree with what you said (:

But I guess this one thing we can all agree is that he has for sure turned out to be a lot different and more interesting character than people used to think at the first sight. (: And I'm really looking forward to see things spin out of control later on, as been hinted :3

And by the way, I don't wish to be struck arguing about this with anyone, as it's pretty painful for me to try make my points clear when I have so many things floating in my mind and cos my english skills ain't that good either.

Basically, Gon does what ever the fuck he wants :D

Oct 24, 2013 2:52 PM

Mar 2012
Netero serious mode on..
Keep moving forward
Oct 24, 2013 2:56 PM

Mar 2013
1. Killua's GODSPEED.

2. Hyped to see Gon's "eyes" he showed to Meloron when he was serious during those moments.

3. Always respected Ikalgo. He's a true homie.
Oct 24, 2013 3:19 PM
Apr 2013
People who think that was out of character for Gon... need to pay attention more.
Oct 24, 2013 4:05 PM
Oct 2013
rolffxd said:

It wasn't my intention to imply Gon is a bad person or something, I was explaining he's not the innocent little naive boy some people thought he was. Gon isn't inherently evil or something. I was pointing out that, while Gon can stand up for what is right (he doesn't like it when innocent people who cannot defend themselves get involved), he can also do a face-heel-turn and not care if people die or not.

He's a morally grey character; he just does what he thinks is right :) I think you agree with that part as well.

Also, your example with the phantom troupe; it's part of Gon's character. He knew these guys were murders, but that didn't piss him off. No, it pissed him off when he was confronted with people who went against Gon's believes; not hurting friends. That's when he got pissed off, because they were supposed to be friends, and friends take care of each other. He honestly did not care they murdered people (... unless they were friends). Haha.

The part where Gon is upset about 5 million people dying doesn't really count, as he is already personally involved. Much like how many people died in Greed Island, Gon found it shocking but it wasn't like he was jumping at the chance to kill Genthru immediately. He only did it after being asked to take care of him. In this arc, Gon is already on a vengeance to kill Pitou.

Oh, which reminds me of another example; he let that creepy scissors guy go free in Greed Island despite being wanted by hunters, all because he personally did Gon a favour.

There have been loads of subtle, and not so subtle clues in the series that show this odd and dark side of Gon. Personally, this is part of why I love HxH.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
9 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.