Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 21, 2013 3:00 PM

May 2013
So Haru didn't advance. Got confused by that.
Aug 21, 2013 3:01 PM

Feb 2012
Lol Rin won, and Haru didn't even qualify for the next round.

Weak ass free only swimmer, I guess being one with the water didn't help you here fool.
Aug 21, 2013 3:11 PM

Apr 2013
hikoghert said:
Sourire said:
hikoghert said:
Sourire said:
hikoghert said:
Sourire said:
wait what? swimming? I thought we'd never get the chance to see actual sport in this show..

so haruka loses to rin, but that's only in the qual. why the f didn't he advance? you're telling me rin won by less than 1 sec and was able to qualify as the eighth last? rofl everything for more drama.. wondering how nanase will react to that: train harder or be depressed?

The time differences between first place and last place in something like 100m can be under a second. Soo. Not only for the sake of drama, but also realism =O
but were there 8 heats? so the first from each heat advances? usually its top 2 or 3 per heat that advance to the semis so I'm confused.

Unable to determine how many heats there were. Since the times are independent of each other, there's never any guarantee that even the winner of a heat would make it into the finals. Plus, Rin said he kept his 'time low' so he could swim in the same heat as Haru, so the other races had better swimmers. (This doesn't mean Rin had the slowest time of the final 8.)
http://www.fina.org/H2O/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=280:sw-3-seeding-of-heats-semi-finals-and-finals&catid=82:swimming-rules&Itemid=184 true

Cool. I just watched the episode again. haha. There may have been only four heats because it was then determined right after that Rin would be racing in the finals and Haru lingered in the pool (wasn't made to clear out immediately). Rin must've had the 2nd fastest time because now he's #5.
yeah that must be it.. I hope they don't pull a "someone gets injured training/practicing" and Haru has a free pass to the finals and win then.. will drop my score if this happens.
Aug 21, 2013 3:12 PM

Mar 2012
Aymaan143 said:
vonPeterhof said:
The soundtrack in the scene of them getting on their marks: was that... dubstep? In MY KyoAni fanservice show?! That... worked surprisingly well.

They also used that in the first episode, dubstep ost that is
Yeah, I'm not too good with noticing/remembering background music, so I must have missed it back then.
Aug 21, 2013 3:17 PM

Apr 2012
Good episode, though I'm getting slightly annoyed by the kouhai.
Aug 21, 2013 3:27 PM

May 2012
I can't believe Haru lost! And that was damn cruel for Rin to say. Anyway, nice episode. Was not expecting that this will be the competition already.
Aug 21, 2013 3:28 PM
May 2010
Wow, great episode, for sure.
Heartbreakin' Rin's tragedy...
And dat atmosphere, so intense, I was ready to shout, if they hadn't show race in this episode. And that speed, great, but feel sorry for Haru also.
Lookin' forward to next episode.
Aug 21, 2013 3:54 PM

Jul 2013
Episode gave me a solid 5/5, amazing episode, much more better than the previous episode. Intense scene on the swimming tournament, but was shocked how Haru lost the round.

Wow Rin, you have to say that in front of his face?

However pretty interesting to see Rin's past about his father's tragedy.

Aug 21, 2013 4:00 PM
Oct 2010
as if this series didnt have enough yaoi material. you got his gaywad faggot roommate now for some legit yaoi fan service

rofl. we see why gou went to the tourney now lol. her reactions <3

o shit, haru gonna drown himself
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Aug 21, 2013 4:16 PM
Aug 2012
This episode is too good. It seemed to go really fast. I can't wait for episode 7.
Aug 21, 2013 4:23 PM

Jul 2010
Episode itself was pretty good, but God that dubstep and gray-haired dude were so annoying.
Aug 21, 2013 4:36 PM
Oct 2009
Ugh.. so, fish-teeth rubs his win in Haru's face for no particular reason other than to boost his ego lol. This episode annoyed me cause of that Dx makes me want Haru to win against him even more.
Aug 21, 2013 4:38 PM
Aug 2013
What the actual fuck Rin! I smiled at first when he won because he could start advancing toward his dream and his father's dream until he said "I will never swim with you again."

WHAT THE FUCK!!!
Aug 21, 2013 4:47 PM

Apr 2013
I can't believe that Haruka lost.

Rin you show off -_-
Aug 21, 2013 4:55 PM

May 2013
Don't worry, Haru-kun will redeem himself for sure >:)

Can't wait to see his ass-kicking comeback!!!!

and the Captain was so adorbs C: too bad Gou-chan didn't blush a little when he called out to her or I'd totally ship them .-. She has like, no interest -___-
Aug 21, 2013 4:57 PM

Jul 2007
Poor Haru, he just wants to swim with his friends, all of them.. why Rin makes it so difficult!!

They are so different, and have such different goals, it's a shame Rin can't accept that and stop blaming his own insecurities and self doubts on Haru, just because he has a different approach to swimming. Of course since it's such a shiny series, I'm sure they'll make up and be friends again.

Meanwhile Mako-chan will comfort Haru and lick his wounds and so ;p

I was hoping Iwatobi would swim in the relay. I thought Haru changed his mind about it. I wonder if there's still time for them to join the relay? It would be such a waste if they don't swim together. Also Rei-chan wants to =(
myth720Aug 21, 2013 5:02 PM
Aug 21, 2013 4:58 PM

Oct 2012
Its good to see Gou freaking out about muscles again
Aug 21, 2013 5:02 PM

Nov 2008
Wow this really has a nice and interesting back story.

I still can't believe that Haruka lost, yet Rin's story about his dad made his victory more significant.
Aug 21, 2013 5:12 PM

Aug 2009
Finally some insight of Rin's problems. I wanted him to win but his boost of cockiness at the end was uncalled for. Just look at poor Haru, all his feels ):

I liked the focus on how concerned and understanding Makoto is during the episode. He truly wants the best for Haru. Also seeing how exited Rei has become for swimming makes me happy for him. He's really getting into it <3
Haru lost. Well, that means rest of the team will be pushed to their limits. Hope some of them will win.

Oh Nitori, you are so obvious! Keep up the unhealthy stalking of your beloved senpai. Mikoshiba is still a running joke character, he always tries to get Kou's attention but gets ignored xD
And Kou's fangirling ^^ (btw why aren't there any supporters from Iwatobi High School, that just lame).
Aug 21, 2013 5:16 PM

Jun 2011
More Rin hotness, and naked guy in background
Aug 21, 2013 5:21 PM
Sep 2012
I felt bad for Rin, and I finally understood why he wanted to win but he is really going on a ego trip when he won. Haru just wants his friend back and Rin telling him that he will never swim with him again is really cruel. Winning isn't everything, Rin. I hope Haru eventually kicks his ass.
Aug 21, 2013 5:25 PM

Apr 2009
They swam 100m in ~55-56s. Which is apparently enough to be invited to the Olympics, but not even close when it comes to racing in the finals (48s). I actually expected better from swimmers so highly praised, 17 years old. hahaha.
Aug 21, 2013 5:30 PM

Apr 2013
hikoghert said:
They swam 100m in ~55-56s. Which is apparently enough to be invited to the Olympics, but not even close when it comes to racing in the finals (48s). I actually expected better from swimmers so highly praised, 17 years old. hahaha.
well Rin should swim a really good time since he went to australia and they are recognized as the best swimming team in the world.
Aug 21, 2013 5:31 PM

Jun 2010
Hmm.. Didn't expect this Haru to not qualify. I wonder what's next.

Glad to see Kou being excited again.

Also I wish that grey haired guy drown next ep if possible.
Aug 21, 2013 5:39 PM

Feb 2011
I feel sorry for the koi in the fishbowl, you're not actually supposed to keep them in them, it's inhumane. The pattern on the floor did look cool though.

Rei was being really cute talking about how beautiful relays were. =P

Nitori's voice...is a little annoying, but that's okay, because he's a cutie.

I like getting to learn Rin's motivation and why Haruka bothered him so much. I wonder if he actually think it's his fault that his dad didn't go to the olympics though? If there's one thing I learned from my mom, it's that she doesn't regret having me even though she put aside a dream.

Rin's a j-e-r-k in the end of this. He only ever saw Haruka as an opponent instead of a friend, that's why he didn't understand Haruka's love of water. :/

That end card is so cute. XP
眠れないのは君のせい
Aug 21, 2013 5:48 PM

Jan 2013
at the end did haruka faint? ._.

i was supporting haruka -_- despite of rin's story he was mean when he won : <
sigh..
Aug 21, 2013 5:51 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, loved the direction
Aug 21, 2013 5:57 PM

Jun 2012
oh fudgenipples.... i wish rin didn't have to destroy haru from swimming x.x.x.x.x
or did it....?

dang it!!! agh... i wish next epi was out already ><><><
Aug 21, 2013 6:10 PM

Apr 2013
Competition time bitches!!! What the hell is going on with Haruka anyway...

Too much Rin and muscles in this episode...

The dream sequence was kinda weird. Why is Rin doing curl-ups in bed? That's kinda hard...

Too much Rin not enough Makoto so I'm on the fence... =(

4/5

Aug 21, 2013 6:19 PM
Jan 2013
Episode 7 was probably the best episode so far, for obvious reasons. //actual swimming competitions//.

I agree though and thought the competition was too short and the ending hurts me. Overall good episode with some amazing character development, and we finally got to see who the boy in the photo Rin had was. Of course my only problem was how much a dick Rin was to Haru, but then again it's not even a problem it just makes me incredibly sad.

Also we all know Haru is going to kick Rin's and everyone else's butt when they do the relay so I have faith.

5/5
tyalistAug 21, 2013 6:24 PM
Aug 21, 2013 6:45 PM
Sep 2009
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
and the Captain was so adorbs C: too bad Gou-chan didn't blush a little when he called out to her or I'd totally ship them .-. She has like, no interest -___-

She's probably thinking along the lines of, "huh? Sorry, but why should I have to stare at only ONE guy's muscles when I can stare at muscles all day due to being a hardworking awesome manager. XD"

Or at least... that's what one WOULD think. XD haha
Aug 21, 2013 6:53 PM

Jul 2012
Dat shocking ending!!!
Aug 21, 2013 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
Best episode yet!

I'm not exactly surprised that Haru lost, but surprised that he wasn't able to advance regardless of his time...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2013 7:19 PM

Mar 2011
Hiryu12 said:
Why is Rin doing curl-ups in bed? That's kinda hard...
Not really. Sometimes I do them before bed and if anything it feels more comfortable than doing them on my mat.

All dat Rin though ;A;
He's hawt as hell
Lol @ everyone freaking out over what he said, like when u think about it, he never said anything that awful
Aug 21, 2013 7:21 PM

Apr 2012
i'm not sure whether to feel happy or not that Rin won, because that means he can fulfill his and his father's dream, but at the same time he's saying that he won't swim with Haruka ever again. And you saw that look of heartbreak in his eyes when he said that.
I didn't expect that though, what's Haruka gonna do now? :(
but the guys are gonna get revenge in the next episode....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 21, 2013 7:21 PM

Aug 2013
Now I'm disappointed that Haru lost. Rin's story was kinda sad, but he didn't have to be so mean about winning. At least we finally got to see some actual sport swimming this episode, which was nice.
wow gay
Aug 21, 2013 7:29 PM

Jun 2013
Wow that was a great episode. Rin was beastly!!! Not sure why he was doing curl-ups on his bed though, probably got his bed all smelly :p
BattousaiLuffyAug 21, 2013 8:14 PM
Aug 21, 2013 7:33 PM

Dec 2012
This episode had me thinking that they were going to cut off the race in some cliffhanger with how it was progressing, but I was on my edge and pleasantly surprised when they ended it in a the last few minutes.

I have a nagging question of whether or not Haru lost on purpose. I think what he had before the tournament was an omamori(?) that said "half-luck" as if he didn't want his talents to carry him as far as they might, as if he would give it a good try but didn't intend to win. He also told himself that the day of the race was when he'd finally be free...free of competition, if Rin could move on? He's only ever seemed to want to feel the water, after all.

Regardless, I was expecting Haru to lose but I wasn't expecting him to look so expressively torn about everything afterwards. I'm not sure if it was because of Rin's attitude or the fact that he might perceive Rin's victory as someone being able to feel the water more than himself (makes sense if you've read the prequell).

Also, Rin did a U-turn as far as impressions are concerned but I don't believe he's as much of a douche as everyone's accusing him to be, ahah.
That line "never swim with you again" is just him expressing relief (With Haru's aloofness, did Rin have a real reason to believe that Haru would be hurt by that?) and sealing his personal victory quickly before the idea that Haru can beat him in a rematch crosses his mind. He boasts when he needs that confidence to overcome fears. It's his act.
Aug 21, 2013 7:40 PM

Dec 2011
I guess this anime would end in the other Iwatobi members convincing Haru to join the relay, also with Rin's team too.

I can't wait what they do now that Haru is kinda mentally disabled from losing to Rin.
Aug 21, 2013 7:54 PM

Jan 2013
Edefrem said:
Hiryu12 said:
Not really. Sometimes I do them before bed and if anything it feels more comfortable than doing them on my mat.

All dat Rin though ;A;
He's hawt as hell
Lol @ everyone freaking out over what he said, like when u think about it, he never said anything that awful
B-But...

Dat somewhat of a cliffhanger.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Aug 21, 2013 8:13 PM

Jul 2010
Each episode I'm liking most Rin!
Aug 21, 2013 8:17 PM

Feb 2012
Towards the start of the episode rin told his kohai how haru had great talent but never swam for times, now that rin has beat haru and said he would never swim with haru again he just might have made some1 who's never swam for times start swimming for times which would be interesting.
Aug 21, 2013 8:28 PM

Jul 2012
Edefrem said:
Hiryu12 said:

It's way easier on a bed, especially when someone's holding you down. LOL
Aug 21, 2013 8:31 PM

Nov 2012
<3 this episode!!! Can't believe Haru lost! At first I felt bad for Run because of his father, but the way he acted towards Haru made me hate him!
Can't wait for next week!~
Aug 21, 2013 9:03 PM

Nov 2008
As bad as I felt for Rin's past, I still didn't want him to win. I can't believe Haru lost : (
When Makoto started cheering for him, I thought for sure he would win somehow..but noooooooo.

And then Rin had to be a total douche about it...seriously. I still can't believe Haru lost, I feel like it makes no sense. I had this weird thought that he was incapable of losing to Rin. However, like others said, Rin has been training for a very long time, so I guess....

I hope he doesn't stay depressed for long.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Aug 21, 2013 9:20 PM

May 2010
Finally my Makogou moments in the opening, I am loving this week. See how they were fighting, such an adorable ship.

You don't know how much Gou makes my day better than ever, such a great girl.

Man, Makoto is in every picture Gou took and he even has an exclusive photo for himself... Please tell me that there will be some romance in between these two. I want it badly... The.best.manager.ever!

Is Nitori....? It might just be me.. Rin's story was very sad, poor guy... Haha, Rei was nervous. Miho and her quotes xD

Data on their muscles, Gou you are the best xD He is still calling her Gou-kun... xD Rin won and Haru is out of tournament??? What will happen now. That's a twist which I wasn't expecting... I was sure that both of them will advance but Rin will still won...

I think they will win in relay since that's where friendship and teamwork will shine... The problem is what will happen with Haru now...
Aug 21, 2013 9:28 PM

Aug 2008
I was happy that Rin won, since he put in so much effort for his actions. Nonetheless, he sort of became a prick after winning.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 21, 2013 9:39 PM

Jul 2011
Finally we get backstory for Rin to get to know his character a bit more. It actually made me cheer for him during the competition, even though he was a total douche to Haru. Speaking of Haru, I hope we get to see some character development for him soon, he's turning out to be a quite boring main character
Aug 21, 2013 9:47 PM

May 2013
Stark700 said:

Gou~

^This. Oh Gou, you are so wonderful!

Dat OST. That's all I could say about it.

So the fisherman Makoto is talking about is Rin's dad? Woah.

Intense race between Haruka and Rin. I expected Rin to win, and I was right.
But then Rin became a douche after winning. Poor Haruka.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 21, 2013 9:56 PM

Apr 2013
Poor Haru :(
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Free! shows demographic matters more than ever

Sanjay63773 - Jan 23

8 by Yaoi4U »»
Apr 3, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Free! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

lpf - Jul 24, 2013

315 by Luisito14 »»
Mar 21, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2013

408 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2013

145 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Free! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2013

170 by CCC47 »»
Jan 18, 6:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.