Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2013 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
MoeGalacticHero said:
I still don't know why Gilgamesh was blonde in F/Z. Dude was middle eastern.

Now 3nvy- what makes less sense, Gilgamesh being blonde or King Arthur, who is known to have had a son with his half sister, being a girl? Or Alexander the Great being some red-headed Mongolian faced dude?

And while we're at it, Yotsuba has green hair. And apparently mechs existed in the Sengoku period. Etc etc.

I gave up on believing that anime would ever be accurrate long ago.
Jul 2, 2013 12:32 AM

Dec 2012
You take that back. Yotsuba is real, goddammit.
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jul 2, 2013 12:42 AM

Apr 2009
Yotsuba is a miracle of the universe.
Just like Yunocchi and Myako.

Anyway, I like the idea behind this thread.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 2, 2013 3:46 AM

Dec 2011
MoeGalacticHero said:

Unrealistic hair colour in an anime? What new brand of madness is this!? Next you'll be suggesting that lime-green isn't a natural hair colour.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Jul 2, 2013 3:55 AM

Apr 2012
Eckilsax said:
MoeGalacticHero said:

Unrealistic hair colour in an anime? What new brand of madness is this!? Next you'll be suggesting that lime-green isn't a natural hair colour.

As I said before, blonds do exist in the Middle East. Can you guys stop jumping to conclusions?
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 2, 2013 4:21 AM

Dec 2012
@Amber

THIS is your precious bishounen:
I am important. I have a girlfriend. Check out my podcast
Jul 2, 2013 9:25 AM
Jul 2012
MoeGalacticHero said:
@Amber

Yeasus!
Jul 2, 2013 9:44 AM

Jun 2009
MoeGalacticHero said:
@Amber

Historical accuracy be damned, I'd rather have what we got.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 2, 2013 10:26 AM

Apr 2013
AngelsArcanum said:
doraemon1992 said:

How and why is this donkey getting high?
Because the donkey smokes weed
Jul 2, 2013 10:47 AM

Aug 2009
MoeGalacticHero said:

The poor lion cub looks terrified on that relief.
Jul 2, 2013 11:53 AM

Jul 2008
If my head was twisted like that I would be terrified too.

Jul 2, 2013 1:17 PM

Nov 2011
GoldenBRS said:
MoeGalacticHero said:
@Amber

Yeasus!

Ohh baby. Make my heart go doki doki.
Jul 3, 2013 12:06 PM

Jul 2008
It's 3 July (at least for me), everyone celebrate my fifth MAL anniversary!

Jul 3, 2013 12:18 PM

Apr 2013
Jul 3, 2013 12:33 PM

Jul 2008
Why Hello Kitty? I would've preferred one of those cakes in the form of a gorgeous naked babe.

Jul 3, 2013 12:54 PM

Mar 2012
Here you go. You kids these days like Spiderman right?

Also Free is one of the gayest things I've ever watched
Haru-chan is my fave
Jul 3, 2013 2:20 PM

Jun 2012
I see everyone ready for the new bandwagon
Jul 3, 2013 2:48 PM

Aug 2009
Valkyrion said:
I see everyone ready for the new bandwagon

I am not. Well, Free's not really something I care about. I am still unsure if I'll watch it, maybe if I hear enough convincing things after several episodes.

But I am ready to jump on the Kill la kill hype train.

And speaking of my personal (kinda) hype, I am happy the anime adaptation of Coppelion has been restarded and announced for the fall season. I honestly thought it would never come out.
metamorphiusJul 3, 2013 2:52 PM
Jul 3, 2013 3:16 PM

Jun 2009
I want to watch Free just to see the amount of rage some people will have in the forums. Has the potential to match Endless Eight.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 3, 2013 3:19 PM

Aug 2009
All I want to know is whether it has the potential to match Aku no Hana butthurt hemorrhage.
Jul 3, 2013 3:33 PM

Dec 2011
SaberRitsu said:
Haru-chan is my fave
I actually frowned when I saw that there was a girl in the episode. Two girls, at that.
Mako-chan's the best. Haru does that hair flip thing too much.. he should just cut it.

I don't want to comb through the MAL thread, but so far the response on HB is positive, even from the males who watched it.
Jul 4, 2013 12:50 AM

May 2012
Emmrys said:

Mako-chan's the best. Haru does that hair flip thing too much.. he should just cut it.
Agreed. None of the others even come close to Senpai Sweetie-Pie. Maybe Nagisa.

I was rolling my eyes at how stereotypical Rin seems like he's going to be as the friend-turned-rival, and I'm pretty sure the reason for his personality change is going to be incredibly stupid. Other than that, I really liked the episode.
Jul 4, 2013 1:59 AM

Mar 2012
I'm glad the show is ridiculous and over the top as opposed to boring and bland like the previews made it look like. That already puts it above Tamako Market in my books. If it continues like this, it'll be a solid 6 or 7. Sure that's not very high, but considering I gave Tamako a 4 I guess you could call it an improvement.
SeibaaHomuJul 4, 2013 2:24 AM
Jul 4, 2013 2:50 AM

Jul 2012
I'm honestly scared to look at the MAL thread for it to see people complaining about what they were obviously expecting. I honestly got disgusted when I saw this on a site about anime I go to:

Jul 4, 2013 2:58 AM

Apr 2012
SaberRitsu said:
Here you go. You kids these days like Spiderman right?

Haru-chan is my fave

That water splashing ^^
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 4, 2013 6:49 AM

Jan 2013
ihateeveryone said:
I'm honestly scared to look at the MAL thread for it to see people complaining about what they were obviously expecting. I honestly got disgusted when I saw this on a site about anime I go to:

Wow...that's pretty terrible. That person made a legitimate critique and the other just shot it down with ignorant slander. Just sad really...
Jul 4, 2013 8:20 AM

Mar 2012
AngelsArcanum said:
ihateeveryone said:

Wow...that's pretty terrible. That person made a legitimate critique and the other just shot it down with ignorant slander. Just sad really...
Not to mention it barely relates to the other person's comment at all. They even said themselves that it wasn't the greatest thing since slice bread and that the manservice bothered them. I assume Primus just skimmed through the top part and made assumptions from there.

Also everyone should see first hand why you do not trust Commie subs
http://www.crymore.net/2013/07/03/fansub-review-commie-free-episode-01/
Jul 4, 2013 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
>Hey guys, someone is being retarded on the internet
>No way!

Eh there's bound to be people like that, judging by the name it looks like another mindless otaku who is into loli, most of the irrational hate comes from people who are into ecchi/moeshit fanservice series and sadly I'm not immune to but I'll dislike it for other reasons because I like quality, but that name, Primus de Pedos seriously?

oh btw who is your husbando? mine is black hair because he is so supa supa KAWAII ^__^ I find it funny how they all have the same build a really fit person has, obvious pandering is obvious

SaberRitsu said:

Also everyone should see first hand why you do not trust Commie subs
http://www.crymore.net/2013/07/03/fansub-review-commie-free-episode-01/

You can't spell commie without communism.
removed-userJul 4, 2013 9:47 AM
Jul 6, 2013 1:39 PM

Oct 2012
The Monogatari Series is back with its first class fanservice!

Jul 7, 2013 2:07 PM

Jun 2011
*Regarding the debates going down in the Anime Enlightenment Camp for re-polling, multi-lists and exclusive titles.*

Emmrys said:
Forgone, I think they should go to the Official Rules, Useful Links & Administration Thread instead, since the discussion topic is about polling.

As of right now, the Official Rules thread is rather uncrowded, and doesn't have much in the way of discussion, aside from the consideration of officers and such. I'd rather it remain sparse and easily accessible.
The Tangent thread however, is a place where people can have wall of text opinion posts and multiple bouts of conversation without cluttering up anything or disturbing anyone who isn't interested. I feel that things posted in the Rules thread carry more weight, whereas the discussions going on now are just musings and theories. So, that's why I feel they belong here.
Jul 7, 2013 2:09 PM

Oct 2012
Awwwww. But I wanted this thread to be a place for food fights and uncouth fanboying and lolcats and mustached mechs. It just won't be the same if it gets serious. . . .

Seriously though, I'm all for it. Better here than in any other thread.
Jul 7, 2013 2:14 PM

Jun 2011
For Ducat

Jul 7, 2013 2:16 PM
Nov 2011
So Ducat, I watched Bakemonogatari, think it was pretty good, but upon reading a bit about the awkwardness of Nisei have decided to stop caring about the series save the adaptation of Koyomi Vamp. Is season 2 alright (based on the source material, as obviously the anime isn't out yet).
Jul 7, 2013 2:16 PM

Dec 2011
ForgoneReality said:
I feel that things posted in the Rules thread carry more weight, whereas the discussions going on now are just musings and theories. So, that's why I feel they belong here.
Ah, hadn't considered that before. I see your point.
Ducat_Revel said:
Awwwww. But I wanted this thread to be a place for food fights and uncouth fanboying and lolcats and mustached mechs.
And for more Free! *sniff*
I'll just have to squeeze in some gifs and stuff when I can.
Jul 7, 2013 2:19 PM
Nov 2011
Quick point, shouldn't we make the enlightenment list prominently visible on the main page as opposed to relations? I didn't even realize what relations meant until I did some forum searching, and couldn't find the enlightenment list on a few cases
Jul 7, 2013 2:19 PM

Oct 2012
The post above the above post is meant for Forgone.

@FourSword

Season 2 is already out. Just watched episode one. It's promising. I'll probably love it more than Bakemonogatari.

@Emmrys

Behave! Or I swear I will flood this place with Senjougahara panty shots!
Jul 7, 2013 2:23 PM

Jun 2011
Right now for me it stands :

Bake > Nise > My Hopes and Dreams for S2 > Neko

-------------
@FourSwords and the Enlightenment List - The new layout has the Anime Enlightenment Camp as the first clickable object on the Club page. The very first post within that Camp is the Enlightenment list. So, I wouldn't say it's too much of an adventure to discover it. The relations are at the bottom of the page where they belong as well.
Jul 7, 2013 2:25 PM

Oct 2012
Mine is S2 > Bake > Neko > Nise

Episode 1 just had so much lesbian innuendos. The fanboy in me just can't help it.
Jul 7, 2013 2:26 PM
Jul 2012
Ehh don't like Bake franchise.
Jul 7, 2013 2:28 PM

Dec 2011
Ducat_Revel said:

@Emmrys

This makes me feel like I'm the dog who shreads the sheets while the owners are out or something. ._.
Jul 7, 2013 2:29 PM
Nov 2011
From a user interaction standpoint I always felt that the less links you need to click to see something the better. A 1st time viewer of the page is more tempted to scroll down, and in doing that, see the relations list, and this further exacerbates the fact that relations isn't exactly a universal term for "things that are overhyped/undeserving of copious praise". All the while they may be missing out on the enlightenment list.

I'm no genius web designer (college education inbound), but there's my 2 cents.
Jul 7, 2013 2:32 PM

Oct 2012
GoldenBRS said:

It doesn't like you either! :P

Emmrys said:
Ducat_Revel said:

@Emmrys

This makes me feel like I'm the dog who shreads the sheets while the owners are out or something. ._.

Sorry if I made you feel that way. If it counts, I don't think you'd be the type of dog who'd shred the bed sheets. :D
Jul 7, 2013 2:33 PM

Aug 2009
FourSwordKirby said:
Quick point, shouldn't we make the enlightenment list prominently visible on the main page as opposed to relations? I didn't even realize what relations meant until I did some forum searching, and couldn't find the enlightenment list on a few cases

I specifically made the club layout with the Enlightenment list(s) in mind. That's why, as Forgone said, it is the very first things you can click on on the front page layout. The two threads are also sticky. How would you make it even more prominent than that?
I would say that that anyone who still misses them has only himself to blame.
Jul 7, 2013 2:34 PM
Jul 2012
Ducat_Revel said:
GoldenBRS said:

It doesn't like you either! :P

Too much chatting hurts my brain. ): Bye bye Bake from me watching that too much talking show that looks like Jerry Springer and Oprah lol.

Sorry I said that last part, I had to said it because it is funny.
Jul 7, 2013 2:35 PM

Jun 2011
@FourSwords - I understand the thought process. It probably should be labeled somewhere on the front page that the Relations list is undesirable for any anime fan. As it stands, I don't think it's too terribly confusing.

@Ducat + Emmrys

Jul 7, 2013 2:40 PM
Nov 2011
@metamorphius: As it's set up right now there isn't much of a way to display even more lists without the page becoming a classic example of tl;dr. A revision that I think could help is renaming the "enlightenment camp" to something more suggestive of "hey the enlightenment list is here"

Sorry if I'm sounding kind of high and mighty, but it's been bothering me in regards to layout :P (I do like the graphic with the links on the club's main page though)
Jul 7, 2013 2:41 PM

Dec 2012
ForgoneReality said:
Right now for me it stands :

Bake > Nise > My Hopes and Dreams for S2 > Neko

Not a fan of Hanekawa ?
GoldenBRS said:

Too much chatting hurts my brain. ): Bye bye Bake from me watching that too much talking show that looks like Jerry Springer and Oprah lol.

This is definitely the weirdest thing anyone said about Bakemonogatari.

I'm back, no hugs :/?
Jul 7, 2013 2:43 PM
Jul 2012
Ducat_Revel said:
The first shot has fired.

wow! nice stuff. O:
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TrishaCat - Jan 25, 2013

1161 by GanXWeed69o7 »»
Aug 19, 2023 12:15 PM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.