Forum Settings
Forums

Baseball Manga 'Ace of Diamond' to get TV Anime Adaptation in Fall

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 9, 2013 11:44 PM

Jul 2010
Natsu12345 said:
Yes! Yet another one. This is not the rumored sport manga that will be animated right? I remember the rumored one being related to volleyball, so that means we are getting another sport manga animated soon? F-YES!

Was High Kyuu!! rumored to be getting an anime?
May 9, 2013 11:52 PM

Dec 2012
Will check it out thought I'm kinda having second thoughts 'cause if it's baseball, I always remember Major, and I really love that one so I guess I'll just try this one out...
May 10, 2013 1:20 AM

Sep 2012
STUDIO information is out. It will be a collaboration project between Madhouse and Production I.G.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 10, 2013 1:42 AM

Dec 2012
^ Damn, powerhouses get together?! I'm not fan of Baseball but I will watch in one condition that it sells more than Free! :p
May 10, 2013 1:48 AM

Apr 2012
symbv said:
STUDIO information is out. It will be a collaboration project between Madhouse and Production I.G.

That sounds fantastic! I'm even more excited about this now!
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
May 10, 2013 2:19 AM

Jan 2012
Prefer Basketball.
My Twitter
My Tumblr - Anime Blogging on current airing season as I watch them.
My deviantArt - Anime FanArts.

Please leave replies on my profile page, as I am unlikely to see them otherwise. Thanks.
May 10, 2013 2:22 AM

Aug 2012
symbv said:

That's great! :D
May 10, 2013 2:41 AM
Aug 2011
symbv said:

Sounds delicious.

ThangLong said:
^ Damn, powerhouses get together?! I'm not fan of Baseball but I will watch in one condition that it sells more than Free! :p

Oh don't be like that. ;{
Can't we have both upper body "swimming lol" goodness and some good ol' baseball merrily existing together?
May 10, 2013 2:56 AM

Sep 2011
AOMlNE said:
Natsu12345 said:
Yes! Yet another one. This is not the rumored sport manga that will be animated right? I remember the rumored one being related to volleyball, so that means we are getting another sport manga animated soon? F-YES!

Was High Kyuu!! rumored to be getting an anime?

It's either High Kyuu!! or Shojo Fight. Those are the only viable volleyball series - High Kyuu has the popularity but only 60 chapters.
May 10, 2013 3:11 AM

Dec 2012
parfaited said:
ThangLong said:

Can't we have both upper body "swimming lol" goodness and some good ol' baseball merrily existing together?

Haha, just like "man are from Mars, women are from Venus," the two shows appeal to opposite demographics with little overlap. Kuroko No Basket managed to narrow the gap by using basketball; which leads to its popularity. But it's look like these two shows are not compromising. Now, with the addition of great studios behind both projects, I'm interested to see which will win in sale competition between the two demos (I think Free! will be the winner since it has element of surprise)

Two bad they are not aired at the same time
ThangLongMay 10, 2013 3:48 AM
May 10, 2013 3:14 AM
Mar 2011
ThangLong said:
ThangLong said:

Haha, just like "man are from Mars, women are from Venus," the two shows appeal to opposite demographics with little overlap. Kuroko No Basket managed to narrow the gap by using basketball; which leads to its popularity. But it's look like these two shows are not compromising. Now, with the addition of great studios behind both projects, I'm interested to see which will win in sale competition between the two demos (I think Free! will be the winner since it has element of surprise)

Two bad they are not aired at the same time
this will get more TV Ratings that FRee by far ie will end making more money than Free
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 10, 2013 3:23 AM

Dec 2012
Looks good, i enjoy sports anime in general although baseball is not of my highest interests.

I did like one-outs and not just because of the smart-ass physiological aspect.

I'll have to give this one a watch ^^

May 10, 2013 4:04 AM

Sep 2011
omg yesssss :DDDD
good thing i didn't start reading the manga yet XD
May 10, 2013 6:23 AM

May 2010
I am in
May 10, 2013 7:18 AM

Jul 2008
Oh, oh, oh...I'm so happy for this to be animated. I really like the manga. Plus it's going to be a collab between Production I.G. and Madhouse.

Count me in for this one. :D

| Icon by parijienne @ LJ. | My Member Cards |

My Candies :
May 10, 2013 9:01 AM

Mar 2009
ThangLong said:
the two shows appeal to opposite demographics with little overlap.

I'm pretty sure there is going to be a fair amount of overlap for this show...
May 10, 2013 9:02 AM
Mar 2011
fable said:
ThangLong said:
the two shows appeal to opposite demographics with little overlap.

I'm pretty sure there is going to be a fair amount of overlap for this show...

over all what will make more money
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
May 10, 2013 9:56 AM

Mar 2012
Production I.G + Madhouse

Yes. This is gonna be good.

May 10, 2013 10:28 AM

Mar 2009
DateYutaka said:

Well, I think Ace of the Diamond is pretty much a guaranteed success seeing as the manga was popular and it has two prominent studios collabing on it.

That being said Free! is a wildcard and has gathered quite a bit of hype. Its current twitter follower count pre-airing is quite impressive, the commercial inspired a mini fanbase. It has no (published) material to gauge its success from though, so who can say? Free is pretty hard to guess at this point.

They'll probably both be quite successful though.
May 10, 2013 1:08 PM

Aug 2009
looks good~
May 10, 2013 6:33 PM
Mar 2012
fable said:
DateYutaka said:

Well, I think Ace of the Diamond is pretty much a guaranteed success seeing as the manga was popular and it has two prominent studios collabing on it.

That being said Free! is a wildcard and has gathered quite a bit of hype. Its current twitter follower count pre-airing is quite impressive, the commercial inspired a mini fanbase. It has no (published) material to gauge its success from though, so who can say? Free is pretty hard to guess at this point.

They'll probably both be quite successful though.

Actually there will be a tight competition for this series because there are two other sport series which also going to be aired on Fall 2013 which are Kuroko no Basket S2 and Yowamushi Pedal.
May 10, 2013 9:30 PM

May 2011
Criska said:
Production I.G + Madhouse

Yes. This is gonna be good.
May 11, 2013 2:54 AM

Jan 2011
symbv said:
The anime will be a collaboration project between Madhouse and Production I.G.

This sold it for me. Production I.G. has showed that they can do an amazing sports anime (Kuroko no Basket). I guess you can say I'm really looking forward to this. :)
May 11, 2013 11:06 AM

Feb 2010
I've been waiting for this since the mange kept popping up with good sales in the weekly threads. As I love sports anime I'm looking very much forward to this, especially since at the moment there isn't really a sports anime to follow and baseball has proven to me in the past to have some of the best series of the genre. Madhouse and Production IG are like an extra bonus, so I'm definitely hyped!
I probably regret this post by now.
May 11, 2013 5:56 PM

Feb 2012
Play ball!
May 11, 2013 11:55 PM

Jan 2011
Awesome!! More sports anime! Yay! ^_^
May 12, 2013 12:29 PM

Jul 2012
I'm really loving the influx of new sports anime :)

{TCO}::..::{Listen}::..::{CCO}

May 12, 2013 4:12 PM

Jan 2011
It does look promising, looking forward to seeing it. Its about time they did a new sports anime about baseball seeing as in the last year they did 2 on football and one on basketball. I hope this baseball will be as good as Big Windup or Cross Game ^^
May 12, 2013 4:35 PM
Apr 2010
Sports anime?
Fuck yes.

sherlock_marple said:
Plus it's going to be a collab between Production I.G. and Madhouse.

Oh my days.
May 12, 2013 10:17 PM

Feb 2013
Not sure if I like this or not. It will probably be pretty bad compared to Major, despite the fact that it might not even be a bad show. :/
May 12, 2013 10:27 PM

Jul 2010
Nidalee said:
Not sure if I like this or not. It will probably be pretty bad compared to Major, despite the fact that it might not even be a bad show. :/

That's why you let shows stand on their own merit.
May 13, 2013 7:49 AM

Mar 2009
Very interesting, i'd like to watch this :3
Jun 28, 2013 8:55 AM
Sep 2012
didn't even know this news ! thank god i found it ! I love the manga !
Aug 2, 2013 8:18 AM

Feb 2010
Fall is going to be so great for sports anime. KnB 2, HnI 3, Ace of Diamond...
<3

About time after the non-existence of decent sports anime in the last 2-3 seasons.
Aug 2, 2013 8:25 AM

Nov 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Fall is going to be so great for sports anime. KnB 2, HnI 3, Ace of Diamond...
<3

About time after the non-existence of decent sports anime in the last 2-3 seasons.
Don't forget Yowamushi Pedal, the 50 episode(IIRC) cycling anime that will be coming out in fall too. We get an OVA this season.
Aug 2, 2013 8:56 AM

Feb 2010
Oh right, that was scheduled for Fall too. Makes me wonder why they couldn't start at least one of those series in summer or spring to give us something for the wait.
Aug 2, 2013 9:25 AM

Nov 2010
Yeah that would have been nice, but this is not bad. At least we're getting them. Sports anime aren't made that often, especially of anime besides soccer and baseball.
Aug 2, 2013 10:01 AM

Feb 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Yeah that would have been nice, but this is not bad. At least we're getting them. Sports anime aren't made that often, especially of anime besides soccer and baseball.

True, but there was always at least one currently airing, at least since I've been paying attention. There was Ginga e Kickoff and before that Area no Kishi etc... The current ebb seems unusual despite sports anime not being the most popular genre. Now I'm afraid next season that the new adaptions will fall short because of all the excitement for the sequels.
Aug 2, 2013 10:33 AM

Nov 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
IntroverTurtle said:

True, but there was always at least one currently airing, at least since I've been paying attention. There was Ginga e Kickoff and before that Area no Kishi etc... The current ebb seems unusual despite sports anime not being the most popular genre. Now I'm afraid next season that the new adaptions will fall short because of all the excitement for the sequels.
There has? Looking at the search there's been like 3 pages of sports anime since 2010 and that's counting all the OVAs and shorts like Teekyu, there hasn't been that much.
Yeah well all those I believe are actually quite popular. I've heard about Ace no Diamond and Hajime no Ippo has over 1,000 chapters, it has to be popular. Don't need to mention KnB.
Let's hope not.
Aug 2, 2013 10:46 AM

Feb 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
IntroverTurtle said:

There has? Looking at the search there's been like 3 pages of sports anime since 2010 and that's counting all the OVAs and shorts like Teekyu, there hasn't been that much.
Yeah well all those I believe are actually quite popular. I've heard about Ace no Diamond and Hajime no Ippo has over 1,000 chapters, it has to be popular. Don't need to mention KnB.
Let's hope not.

Well, Area no Kishi and Ginga e Kickoff both have ~38 episodes so together they already cover 1,5 years (theoretically, in reality they cover about 1 year). And before that you had Inazuma Eleven. With those 3 alone you already had at least one sports series airing at any time between 2008 and early 2013.
Aug 2, 2013 10:52 AM

Nov 2010
Well I guess that's true. I forgot about Inazuma 11, it's so damn repeating they go for 100s of episodes. It still feels like we haven't had a lot, especially of non soccer and baseball anime.
Aug 2, 2013 11:57 AM

Apr 2011
I didn't like the manga... I hope the anime turns out alright...

Also- Major is AWESOME! Fave sports anime of all time. I think it was part of the reason I didn't like the manga for this. I have read many baseball mangas but the protagonist of this series just didn't do it to me. Personally, I want another series with a badass protagonist like in Major or one outs. Glad to hear there's a new season in Hajime no Ippo too. But seriously, we need some more sports animes...
Aug 2, 2013 12:04 PM

Feb 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Well I guess that's true. I forgot about Inazuma 11, it's so damn repeating they go for 100s of episodes. It still feels like we haven't had a lot, especially of non soccer and baseball anime.

That's definitely true. From time to time there's basketball one like KnB but aside from that it's VERY rare, so for that alone I am excited about Yowamushi pedal.

DarkAngelz said:
I didn't like the manga... I hope the anime turns out alright...

Also- Major is AWESOME! Fave sports anime of all time. I think it was part of the reason I didn't like the manga for this. I have read many baseball mangas but the protagonist of this series just didn't do it to me. Personally, I want another series with a badass protagonist like in Major or one outs. Glad to hear there's a new season in Hajime no Ippo too. But seriously, we need some more sports animes...

Seeing how much I enjoyed Oofuri I don't particularly need the protagonist to be badass, I just need the whole cast to work well together. By the way Oofuri is another series that could use a third season ^^.
Aug 2, 2013 12:23 PM
Apr 2010
The MC for Oofuri pisses me off to no end. Still wouldn't mind having another full season for it though.
Aug 2, 2013 1:13 PM

Nov 2010
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
That's definitely true. From time to time there's basketball one like KnB but aside from that it's VERY rare, so for that alone I am excited about Yowamushi pedal.
Yeah I feel the same way. And the manga is pretty far along, so depending on how it goes, we might get more.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Seeing how much I enjoyed Oofuri I don't particularly need the protagonist to be badass, I just need the whole cast to work well together. By the way Oofuri is another series that could use a third season ^^.
It only didn't because the mangaka got sick or hurt or something like that right?
Aug 4, 2013 7:17 PM

Jul 2007

AHHH Great casting!! Haru-chan's seiyuu will be perfect as Furuya, and they also look alike ^^ I'm so happy it's not a voice I dislike, I've been so worried haha
Aug 12, 2013 6:49 AM
Jan 2013
Just Awesome, the manga is amazing, if compared to other popular baseball manga like Major and Big windup, it lacks impact, otherwise it is just amazing, plus the art is just AWESOME!
Looking forward towards it :'D
Sep 8, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2012
Sounds interesting. I will watch this...
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by ST63LTH »»
2 hours ago

» Undead Unluck Unveiled: Let's Talk Muscles with Yoshifumi Tozuka

Kineta - Mar 19

4 by Anime_Luv »»
3 hours ago

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

18 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:17 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

29 by RealNath »»
Yesterday, 9:11 AM

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - May 5

0 by Aiimee »»
May 5, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.