Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 5, 2013 10:30 AM
Dec 2012
Just what I have expected, Madhouse will animate the offscreen events on the manga to be a filler on the episodes.

That would mean we might be able to see the battle of:
May 5, 2013 10:43 AM

Apr 2013
Man, i really liked Colt's design and personality... He seems so powerful.

Can't wait to see Kaito on action too
May 5, 2013 11:21 AM

Feb 2012
MikskitzO said:
Edit: I just read the previous posts, and found out that this was a filler and wasn't in the manga. That's crazy to me, it was perfect and blended so well. I could never have guessed. I have such a bad impression of shounen fillers because of Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, etc., but HxH really knows how to do it. I'm pretty amazed. Other studios should learn from Madhouse.

It wasn't all filler...

Let's summarize:
-First attack to NGL people: canon
-Spinner in the computer: canon.
-Attack to Kurt's village: filler
-Conversation with the crocodile: filler
-Scene in the airport: filler
-Scene with Ponzu an Pokkle: filler
-Counterattack of humans with guns: it happened off screen in the manga, here it was shown.
-The tortoise talking with the penguin: filler
-Scene with the queen, when the tortoise asks permission to have names: canon
-Scene in the airship: filler
May 5, 2013 11:52 AM

Apr 2011
ConfirmPassword said:
That mother is so hot, I want to help her make kids

Uhh.... which mom are you talking about here?
May 5, 2013 11:54 AM
Jul 2012
yhunata said:
ConfirmPassword said:

Obviously the Chimera Ant Queen.
May 5, 2013 11:56 AM
Apr 2013
Nice buildup. It actually humanizes the chimera ants as they capture and kill a bunch of humans. Who would have thought it possible?

I suspect sh*t hitting the fans next episode.
May 5, 2013 11:57 AM

Feb 2013
yhunata said:
ConfirmPassword said:

he must be talking about the Queen, who wouldn't want to be wripped apart in her voracious insect maw and reborn as mutant animal hybrid?
May 5, 2013 12:01 PM

Apr 2011
PrincessJavi said:
yhunata said:
ConfirmPassword said:

Obviously the Chimera Ant Queen.

Well..... uhhh.... that's..... awkward. Almost as much as how I found most of the female ants and the queen, somehow, attracting.
May 5, 2013 12:05 PM

Nov 2012
insan3soldiern said:
So, the bit with the ants wanting names and learning about Humans wasn't in the manga? Kind of sounds like an improvement, because I found that pretty interesting stuff.

I liked this episode, it seems to lay a lot of the groundwork for the rest of the arc. Which is a great sign of good story telling.
The names were there just not Gyros men attacking the ants and Gon talking to Killua at the end.
May 5, 2013 12:06 PM

Nov 2012
gedata said:
insan3soldiern said:
So, the bit with the ants wanting names and learning about Humans wasn't in the manga? Kind of sounds like an improvement, because I found that pretty interesting stuff.

that part with the names was. The gun battle was originally offscreen, and the drugs part was given a more in-depth look in the anime, so I agree that this was an improvement
Where was the Gunbattle mentioned in the manga?
May 5, 2013 1:14 PM

Mar 2012
Been a long time since I read the manga, forgot who's Gyro.. Guess have to check the manga again..
Keep moving forward
May 5, 2013 1:14 PM

Jan 2008
Episode felt kind of fillerish... or at least stalling or something.

/not a manga reader.

Anyways, was kinda surprised how easily it was to kill the weaker soldier ants. I know they're not almighty and stuff but they died pretty fast from a few gunshots.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, not sure if I'm asking for a spoiler or what not... can those ants that can talk, can they use nen? Or does the Queen need to eat a human that already knows how to use nen?

edit: typo, and dam MAL is lagging like hell.
PaulMay 5, 2013 1:36 PM
May 5, 2013 3:01 PM

Feb 2013
Paul said:

/not a manga reader.

Anyways, was kinda surprised how easily it was to kill the weaker soldier ants. I know they're not almighty and stuff but they died pretty fast from a few gunshots.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, not sure if I'm asking for a spoiler or what not... can those ants that can talk, can they use nen? Or does the Queen need to eat a human that already knows how to use nen?

this was mostly filler. The ants can actually talk, and no, that alone isn't a spoiler.
May 5, 2013 3:04 PM

Jan 2008
gedata said:
Paul said:

/not a manga reader.

this was mostly filler. The ants can actually talk, and no, that alone isn't a spoiler.

I meant for the ants that can talk, can those ones use nen?
May 5, 2013 3:16 PM

Feb 2013
Paul said:
gedata said:
Paul said:

/not a manga reader.

now that's a spoiler, I would answer, but it's tough to veil spoilers on a phone.
May 5, 2013 3:20 PM
Feb 2010
fishergirl16 said:
Also, still can't help but compare this to the Cell arc in DBZ. I really think Hunter x Hunter got some ideas from DBZ.

:P

Paul said:

May 5, 2013 3:25 PM

Jan 2011
Paul said:
gedata said:
Paul said:

/not a manga reader.

the Ants can do what humans do
However u will get the answer soon
we now in ch 188
the answer in ch 195 or 196
May 5, 2013 3:28 PM

Feb 2012
I don't think they necessarily need to eat a nen user to learn nen.

All humans can learn nen, and therefore, every chimera ant with human genes should be able to learn nen. The point is how are they gonna find out about nen and learn it.
May 5, 2013 3:29 PM

Oct 2011
Gon and company head to NGL. Pozu and other appears. The Chimera Queen is making her move. The King will be born soon. Very interesting that the Ants want names. Also they retain their human characteristics/traits. Hmm Gon's conviction gonna backfire. Next week looks serious...
May 5, 2013 3:32 PM
Sep 2012
MAYBE, they will be attacked by someone who knows Nen, like those cripples, but maybe they'll survive (or regrow lost parts) and have Nen without any price other than pain :P
Doesn't seem like a bad idea lol

Or they can just practice it like uncle wing & zushi
May 5, 2013 5:12 PM

Apr 2013
HurricaneSweet said:
MAYBE, they will be attacked by someone who knows Nen, like those cripples, but maybe they'll survive (or regrow lost parts) and have Nen without any price other than pain :P
Doesn't seem like a bad idea lol

Or they can just practice it like uncle wing & zushi

I can just picture troves of ants in a cave practicing their ten together xD
May 5, 2013 9:26 PM
Jun 2012
I think the filler introduced were good but the 2 scenes, att least for me, kind of contradict themselves. I mean they really underestimated IMO Chimera Ants power seeing even a squad leader got scared of some guns ( in the manga they were only weak soldiers, at least that's what I assume) and at the same time Kaito is really scared of the Ants and is even saying there are chances of him being put in mortal danger by the same creatures which were taken out by guns and that for me sounds kind of silly, taking in consideration the level of power Kaito should have. I think you could say Kaito is being cautious and imagining the worst case scenario but even so it just doesn't sound right for me :/ What do you think?
May 5, 2013 10:23 PM
Dec 2012
huntx said:
dunno why, too hard for me to call this a filler.

5/5 Madhouse.

'Cause it's barely 'filler'. It's an ADAPTATION - things will be changed, but the story will keep to it's core.
May 5, 2013 10:25 PM
Dec 2012
Paul said:

People die pretty fast from 1 gunshot. Normal people. Those are Normal Ants.
May 5, 2013 10:27 PM
Dec 2012
Berardo12 said:
I think the filler introduced were good but the 2 scenes, att least for me, kind of contradict themselves. I mean they really underestimated IMO Chimera Ants power seeing even a squad leader got scared of some guns ( in the manga they were only weak soldiers, at least that's what I assume) and at the same time Kaito is really scared of the Ants and is even saying there are chances of him being put in mortal danger by the same creatures which were taken out by guns and that for me sounds kind of silly, taking in consideration the level of power Kaito should have. I think you could say Kaito is being cautious and imagining the worst case scenario but even so it just doesn't sound right for me :/ What do you think?

I'm scared of some guns.

Kaito sees the possibilities because he's smart. Chimera Ants in our world would be downright terrifying, even if we could slaughter them.
May 6, 2013 12:52 AM
Dec 2012
Can someone make a doujinshi of this bitch taking Gon's virginity?

For that matter, what would happen if you had sex with a Chimera Ant?
May 6, 2013 1:03 AM
Dec 2012
Leaulux said:

Good question, no answer.
May 6, 2013 1:21 AM

Jun 2011
Leaulux said:
Can someone make a doujinshi of this bitch taking Gon's virginity?

Well, it gets explained later and there's already a doujin where Gon have sex with a ant :P:P
May 6, 2013 5:28 AM

Apr 2011
Theorder14 said:
Well, it gets explained later and there's already a doujin where Gon have sex with a ant :P:P

Links or it didn't happen.
May 6, 2013 5:40 AM

Jan 2008
Billbillstar said:
Paul said:

People die pretty fast from 1 gunshot. Normal people. Those are Normal Ants.

I wouldn't call being ~2 meters tall 'normal' but I understand what you mean. I just had expected them to be slightly more... durable.
May 6, 2013 8:25 AM

Jun 2011
yhunata said:
Theorder14 said:

lol, i see ur a curious perv :P
May 6, 2013 8:31 AM

Oct 2008
This arc seems very interesting so far.
May 6, 2013 8:38 AM

Oct 2011
Despite this episode being mostly filler, I thought it set up the mood really well and gave more details to the ants. The Chimera Ant arc is my favorite arc in the manga, so I'm highly anticipating it in animated form. The only change I don't like in the adaptation so far was how they changed Gon's first encounter with Kaito, but it looks like it's going in the right direction again. :)

May 6, 2013 12:36 PM

Apr 2011
Theorder14 said:
yhunata said:
Theorder14 said:

lol, i see ur a curious perv :P

What can I say..... Monster Girls rock.
May 6, 2013 1:04 PM

Mar 2013
Anxiously waiting for cat girls.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
May 6, 2013 1:27 PM
Dec 2012
I'm going to need doujinshi of this character, too.

May 6, 2013 1:33 PM

Jun 2011
Pusswookie said:

Correction
May 6, 2013 2:55 PM
Apr 2013
Theorder14 said:
Pusswookie said:

Correction

I wonder if the anime might change that. I hope not, for it is part of Togashi to have characters that are of... well, where you just can't /know/ until you see the guide books. :P
May 6, 2013 4:13 PM

Aug 2012
a good episode this week I really liked it. The filler parts were good too. it seems that we will have some action next episode. looking forward to it
May 7, 2013 7:24 PM

Apr 2009
i cant believe the kids died but the ant kid is pretty badass
May 7, 2013 8:01 PM

Oct 2007
I really need to go and watch the rest of this reboot, but I couldn't resist picking up during the Chimera Ants, because it is one of the best arcs. I'm liking most of what I'm seeing so far, but (as I believed from the beginning) it's really cheapened Kaito's character to wait to bring him in until now. And the why will come up pretty soon.

The coloring of the characters feels a bit lazy - a lot of white/monotones where vibrant, stand-out characters should be.

Beyond that, it's great to see Pokkle and Ponzu's reappearance. I'll very much enjoy having them back for the time we do. Things are moving fast... the arc's off to a great start.
May 7, 2013 8:12 PM

Jun 2012
@AriSky

If you didn't skip 75 episodes you'd know Madhouse likes to use different color palettes depending on the arc :P

Hunter Exam, Greed Island - Vibrant and colors pop off the screen to reflect the "brighter"(Using it loosely) stories

Zoldyck Family, Yorknew, Chimera Ant - More subdued and duller tones to match the "darker" ambiance and plot

In regards to Kite, I don't think "cheapened" is exactly the right word to describe Gon and Kite's bond in this anime. Maybe variation/permutation? Madhouse implies Ging wanted Gon to find Kite after Greed Island for two reasons

1. So Gon still doesn't find him at that point
2. Mentor under Kite for the time being

With 78, Gon's determination to be with Kite is pretty rock solid now since he feels he owes it not only to Kite (Being saved on Whale Island) but Ging also who from Gon's perspective seems to have orchestrated this grand plan of his development as a Hunter. As this adaption has been stressing, when Gon sets his mind on something he intends to see it through to the end no matter the consequences because his pride won't let him otherwise which is emphasized as one of Gon's tragic flaws if we're name-calling literary devices.

If he lets Kite down, he lets Ging down too since Kite earned Ging's respect

I'm pretty satisfied regarding Gon and Kite in this anime now but that's just me; we just have to see things play out and enjoy the arc
May 8, 2013 3:28 AM
May 2012
Hmm.. maybe it's time for me to re-read HxH again from the start and see for myself how the anime production team sees the Gon/Kite dynamics and its tie to Gon's "sorry" to a certain person in regards to Kite after he woke up in the last arc. If I remember it right, it fits with Gon's personality, age (mental and emotional maturity) and propensity to take everything that have a connection to his dad seriously.
May 8, 2013 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Individuality... that will be the Queen's downfall
May 8, 2013 6:00 PM

Nov 2008
Goodie. I haven't been in the forums for like years. So far, the anime has definitely made amends, especially with the Kite-Gon relationship. I felt it from the first episode, with all the 'Ging-worship' going on. lol. But it makes more sense that way, if it's established on Ging. Makes it more solid and convincing. I understand that Kite is the closest person or link to Ging. Gon realizes this as well, I’d guess. First he met Razor, a friend of Ging, and now he meets Kite, the disciple of Ging!
So he’s decided that he will follow Kite (if that’s what Ging wants, then so be it. He trusts his father). Whatever reason Ging must have, he will go through with it, and probably find that reason in the end. Otherwise, he feels he’d be disappointing Ging and that’s only my face value inclination. He also wants to stay by Kite because he’s the closest person to his father, arguably, this person knows Ging more than anybody else. Plus, this guy saved his life back in Whale Island. If it weren’t for him, Gon would be dead a long time ago. He won’t know about his dad or the glory of becoming a Hunter! So, he pretty much owes Kite his life.

Kite and Gon are linked together by the intelligence design called Ging. Gon thinks highly of his father; hence, instinctively, likewise with Kite. Disappointing Kite is equivalent to disappointing Ging, and letting something bad happen to Kite might upset Ging (that is so not true); therefore, Gon must not let Kite down in any way if he wants to face his father.
theGirlisIdleMay 8, 2013 8:50 PM
May 13, 2013 12:43 PM

Jan 2013
forgot to comment on this last week. but in my personal opinion, Im not too thrilled about the non canon additions Madhouse added this episode. It was more than the usual. I hope they dont keep going down this path. With that said, I still think it was a good episode and theyre doing a good adaptation. not all the additions were bad, though. it'll be cool to see

Oh yeah, and to everyone who's jacking off to doujinshu of Neferpitou, you know he's a male, right? well I guess in doujin you can portray anyone as anything, but still, according to hunterpedia, (http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Neferpitou) neferpitou a male. I remember thinking that he looked like a female when first introduced in the manga, though.
but its also likely that madhouse may just portray him as a female for convenience factors. but then again, if they wanted to do that, then they also mightve done that to Kurapika since so many mistook him as a female (i never understood that, sure he looks a tad bit girly i guess but he's still obv a male)
Also, idk if they want to have Gon

Im pretty sure all worker ants have to be male anyways..Please feel free to correct me if Im mistaken though.
Jun 10, 2013 10:29 PM

Nov 2011
I'm never going to look @ ants the same way again

Nice episode. That Chimera Queen sure is picky.
Jun 22, 2013 7:36 AM

Jul 2009
I'm getting so hyped up now.
Aug 5, 2013 5:15 AM

Dec 2012
It's interesting to see how the colony takes on the traits of its food, which in this case is basic human characteristics. That penguin ant is ridiculous looking though, it reminds me of owl from Winnie the Pooh. Good to see the hunter and Ponzu again, I personally liked seeing both of them during the Hunter Exam.

I feel a war brewing up, can hardly contain myself from catching up.
Aug 5, 2013 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
Good to see the hunter and Ponzu again, I personally liked seeing both of them during the Hunter Exam.

Kite would have also been a reoccurring character here from the very first episode, but his intro was saved for this arc in this adaptation.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Anisamar - Oct 10, 2011

135 by WienGirl »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

47 by Rhaelynne »»
10 hours ago

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.