Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 25, 2008 6:57 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, flashback episode which means chronologically 12 was the "last" episode.

Awesome picture of the day:

Well this episode i felt was more or less appropriate for a slow paced show like this. All in all pretty decent watched. Had some good laughs, but always couldve been longer.
\
Dec 25, 2008 8:22 PM

Nov 2008
Sadly this is the last episode! :( It's too bad because I really enjoyed in this series most the art/comedy and the personality of each character! T_T

Sadly they all has to have a end to it somehow. This series proved itself more than enough for me in emotions, comedy and character attitude. This is not to mention the art in this anime being unique to me and not familiar, I for one am going to miss this series for its environment among other things being missed! On to the review of this final episode of this season of Hyakko.

First of all, like the person above mentioned #12 is the last episode but without this episode we would be missing some informations. Second this episode gives key background info to hep understand certain characters of this anime. The peisode starts with a cery cute scene of Ayumi in her bed :3 and Toma in her room as well. I can say right away that Ayumi is very cute in her pajamas and Toma is so funny with her problem of morning hair complex. She also some memories with a hair elastic? Anyways Toma seems to have a nice plushy collection, which I find her to be more female.

Kitsune is sure strange with his pajamas but at least her wears the classical men type so he ain't that weird based on his pajamas taste.(Pajamas?) Then to my surprise, although I never would have guessed Torako and Suzume are shown as sleeping together in the very same bus shelter that Torako uses to hide herself when the rough things of the family start happening. O_O They actually slept together. *facepalms* on the screen, my Torako! Why has she gone into girl x girl stuff? At least this scene was cute. Although I would prefer Torako being bi, I would suppose girls might be able to take care of Torako better but I do think I would prefer to see Torako being with guys.I do like the back of Torako's jersey "White Tiger" logo.

Inori and her sister asking about Inori's hair style. I do have to admit that Inori's sister is very cute in appearance. :3 Was I surprised most at Koma Kobayashi's family! She has a brother and two sister, one being older than the other one but Koma being the oldest of the family. This made me understand a little more about why would she get in the business of the picture taking with Yanagi. Most likely I assume that at the very least it would be to get things such as candy for her family.Her brother and two sisters are very very cute! and she lives in a small apartment. I keep asking myself also if those are her kids but I would suppose it would be ridiculous such a assumption then again who knows in Hyakko how things are really unless being pinpointed towards them.

So they switch back to Torako and Suzume. I was actually surprised at the huge size that pan (bread) was although that would not be even a problem with Suzume to eat since she eats a lot more than that. It was very cute and nice to see Torako and Suzume eat together at that bus shelter but the rain makes it a depressing episode. Good thing humor keeps raining down, Torako smelling herslef and Suzume confirming this. Hahahhahha, it was funny at the very least and I would not mind Torako smelling unless it would be a bad smell but then again I do not think Torako would smell bad anyways.

Ooba, Ooba...what can be said about her? She always had the nicest and cutest personality from the moment they went deep in her introduction from episode #9. She was particularly funny in this scene since she was frustrating at the very fact she could not have her tie in the perfect setup she envisioned. Lizuka and her gracefulness it was a sad past she had but Torako changed all that and Lizuka was never alone since then!

Ushio! It was nice to meet her brother and does he ever look like Ushio. There is definitely a resembles. The brother taking a picture of Ushio was nice of him. Yay! Yay! I guess I am happy that at least everyone in Kamizono are moving up a grade and that it's the new semester starting. I have to admit the last semester was pretty nuts from Torako's and friends meeting to other people meetings as well as introduction not to mention all the courses along with their unique craziness happening. Most likely the parody at the end of episode 6 was quite the surprise most of all in this series.Too bad it was a real alternate setting. Graduation was made into a beauty with the Sakura flowers falling down. There is always something special about them.

Nene sure likes Oniyuri since she was happy taking a announcement being passed by her with a slight nosebleed, which to me means a certain excitement knowing Nene and her personality. Amagasa sensei as usual looked panicked but somehow had a better fashion style, however I would understand him should I had to go through a crazy season like that Torako's punch was one of them in episode 1. At least the sensei he has a crush on encourages him in his work. Lizuka and her maid with the car was ridiculous. Car won't start------------>euh, it's in "D" and you cannot start automatic cars like that. It has to be in "P" mode so it works, especially with new model BMWs. Chie being worried about her grades and Kobayashi taking pictures, good old times of Hyakko!

Ayumi seems to be nervous from the way she is acting. The surprise comes when they switch to Torako/Suzume in the bus shelter. OMG Suzume kisses Torako! O_O No no no no no no no no no! I don't want Torako being lesbian but prefer seeing at the very least that she would be bi. Ah damn! At least the whole scene is cute! Also was very cute Torako using Suzume's lap to rest. Nene looks sexy in the classroom until she see Ushio. Another cool thing is that we get to have a small glimpse of the director and how he looks. So, the teacher Amagasa comes into the class for introductions and does he look way better than the previous semester.

The whole class student with the principal ceremony of entrance starts. In the end Torako and Suzume realize school has started and so they run likes there is no tomorrow when they find out there is no bus nor there will be one. I particularly liked Torako's small pouch, it looks nice to wear although I do not wear one yet. After the credits was hilarious! Torako and Suzume try to hitchhike back to school! Torako proposes to Suzume to do some sexy "kiss me" poses so some guy would stop to pick them up. Sadly no one does come and even one truck passes by them without doing anything.

I find it was very cute to finish the last episode with Hitsugi sleeping on her math homework and since she is bad at memorizing she has to work 2x harder.

Overall this series has a 9/10 from me! Hyakko nooooooooooooooooooooooo, going to miss you! Sniff, sniff! You all enjoy this series, really good!

1.Torako x Suzume kiss. O_O Also cute was Torako sleeping with Suzume.
2.Nene sexy! I think she looks like that with her lipstick!
3.Suzume sexy with her kiss. Too bad she is in love with Torako!
4.Hitsugi being so cute!

In spoilers just for this last episode. Since I am going to miss this series A LOT!
1.Ayumi's room and she is cute in pajamas

2.Toma's room, notice her plushes collection on her shelve.

3.Inori's sister

4.Kobayashi sure has a huge family!

5.Ooba's room and her frustrations with her tie.

6.Ushio's brother

7.New Semester!

8.Principal foreshadowing, could mean to be a second season.

9.Amagasa sensei's new fashion style
slayer545-samaDec 26, 2008 5:23 AM
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 25, 2008 8:53 PM
Jul 2008
O.o.. T_T..

well.. good memories are good.. =D
Dec 26, 2008 12:55 PM
Jul 2018
Very soothing and nice end. One of the better episodes of Hyakko.
Dec 26, 2008 7:24 PM

May 2008
pls tell me there is a second season??
Dec 26, 2008 7:28 PM

Nov 2008
pinkangel28 said:

Yes, one of my spoilers points out to that and why. New semester may = new season soon. Also DVD sales will be a factor as well.
please report all angel999 duplicate accounts to the mods asap
Dec 26, 2008 11:55 PM
Jul 2008
gosh.. what a nice episode.. 9/10.. for me..
certainly i love it.. i'm gonna miss this episode..
the characters were all lovable..

lol at suzume and torako..
poor tatsuki.. probably so frustrated..

i hope, pray theres a second season.. really nice ending..
love it.. =D
Dec 27, 2008 12:43 PM
Feb 2008
Nice flashback episode about the entrance ceremony...before all the characters met each other.

It wouldn't have worked as well if it was used as the 1st episode of the show (even though this is technically the "earliest event") since we didn't know much about the characters yet.

So kudos to the director in using a flashback episode to evoke a "fuzzy" feeling in me, haha.
Dec 27, 2008 8:31 PM
Jul 2008
yeah... really nice.. =D

someone tell me theres a second season.. T_T
Dec 30, 2008 2:56 AM
Jan 2008
The last two episodes weren't bad but not exactly what I had expected either. It was interesting to see some flashbacks to wrap up the story but I would have preferred more comedy instead. Overall, this series was pretty decent, I'd say. Some episodes were really funny, some were more boring. The characters were cool too except the main cast was too generic for my taste but even they had their moments. Nene was probably my favourite along with Inori and Ushio.

I wouldn't mind more of Hyakko but I doubt there will be another season (although there was some material not adapted that appears in the manga).
Jan 5, 2009 6:40 AM

Jan 2009
maarika said:
The last two episodes weren't bad but not exactly what I had expected either. It was interesting to see some flashbacks to wrap up the story but I would have preferred more comedy instead. Overall, this series was pretty decent, I'd say. Some episodes were really funny, some were more boring. The characters were cool too except the main cast was too generic for my taste but even they had their moments.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts. This anime should be awarded "best support characters" - award if there would be one, imo.
Jan 5, 2009 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
Terrible episode. For what reason was this shown for a final episode? It did absolutely nothing for characters or story. Had this been the first episode, I probably would have given the show as a whole a better rating, because I thought the first few episodes were terrible and incoherent. To end on the same note is unfathomable to me. What was with the two elementary school girls anyway. Ultimately, this show was just full of stereotypes, and because of them, rather than clever writing, succeded in some comedy. I'm highly disappointed with the way this turned out. I wish it had been more like that fake trailer that happened earlier this season. At least then it would have been an over-the-top parody. Hyakko just doesn't compare to a show like Hidamari Sketch x365, where at least the characters are less two-dimensional, and tried to do something different presentation-wise.

4/10 for me.
Jan 5, 2009 12:51 PM
Mar 2008
Really fun series, I gave it a 9/10. Comedy plus Torako and Suzu really made it for me. Wouldn't mind more.
Jan 5, 2009 12:55 PM

Aug 2008
Well, it has ended. Looking back, it started off a bit slow, got really good at the middle and stayed there right until the end. The two final episodes weren't what you'd expect from this kind of a show, but I think it was a decent way to end it. Generally the whole thing was very lighthearted but most of the time funny as hell.
xyakaix said:
This anime should be awarded "best support characters" - award if there would be one, imo.
Signed. Great characters are great. Too bad Ayu and Tatsuki lacked screentime after the first few eps.

I'll miss this show. 8/10
Jan 5, 2009 9:43 PM

Aug 2008
Omg! Suzu kissing Torako was susprising! xD I didn't see that coming.
From the few comments in the end and some "getting to know characters" flashes.
There has to be a next season.
Ahh. I enjoyed this anime very much.

Out of all:
9/10
Jan 6, 2009 12:20 AM

Jun 2008
The ending was good, yet bad at the same time. The good is that you get to see what all the other characters were doing before school started. The bad was...well the ending. Next season, please.
Jan 6, 2009 5:34 AM

Oct 2007
Did someone screw up the broadcasting order? Pretty relaxing episode I guess and we got a little background info on some of the side characters but eh. Nene is again the best part of this show and she will be someone I miss.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Jan 6, 2009 8:47 AM

May 2008
It was nice end for this great series. But... As said Jarmel - "pretty relaxing".

I love Suzume. She's the only one who could understand Torako's words so directly xD

I want more. There should be second season ^^
Jan 6, 2009 10:27 AM

Oct 2008
This was a nice way to end the series. I didn't even realise it was set before the other episodes untill halfway through.

Definately agree there should be a second series.
Jan 6, 2009 3:29 PM

Nov 2007
slayer545-sama said:
pinkangel28 said:

Yes, one of my spoilers points out to that and why. New semester may = new season soon. Also DVD sales will be a factor as well.

i don't know about that. this is like the prologe to the story, before ep01. but i do hope for season2. i love torako too
Jan 6, 2009 9:59 PM

Jul 2008
slayer545-sama said:
pinkangel28 said:

I think so too.

Jan 7, 2009 3:34 AM

Oct 2007
I really loved this show. Right from the first episode it managed to catch my interest and as one of the few shows that season, regularly put a big smile on my face.

A lot of very interesting characters, more then decent (and hilarious) storyline and above average animation quality. Since I rate shows based on how much it entertained me (and this show entertained me hugely) I gave it a 10/10

Can't wait for a second season to be honest!

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Jan 7, 2009 5:13 AM
Dec 2008
I have really enjoyed this series... so much so that I gave it a 9/10. Suzu's affection for Torako should be developed further, but probably without a full-on yuri storyline (un-requited love makes for a good plot device). Inori's and Koma's family could also do with some more airtime. This last episode fills in a lot of the gaps, but leaves plenty for use in the future. I really hope Nippon Animation continue production.
Jan 7, 2009 2:34 PM

Apr 2007
weird ending

7/10 series tho
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jan 7, 2009 6:20 PM

Dec 2008
The episode definitely was not what I had expected, but I enjoyed it. Although I was confused at first because I'm sloooowww and didn't realize for quite a while when it was taking place, harhar... It left me really confused for a while.

Either way, good way to wrap up the season. I also hope for a new season~

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Jan 15, 2009 7:57 PM

Sep 2008
13 episodes and I feel like nothing happened........ no one learned a lesson, no one found love...... nothing. They better make the next season a heck of alot more serious cause this was a joke.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jan 17, 2009 9:51 AM

Nov 2007
For this type of series, nothing really have to happen Jigero.
It's just fun and laid back, just enjoy it =P lol

This series is probably one of my favorite comedy. Probably the wide range of characters it has, and most, or probably all are very likable. The show itself is really hilarious in every episode.

Really, really !! Hope there will be another season as most of you, and myself, aren't satisfied with just 13 episodes. 10/10 from me!!

Join the Hyakko Fan Club people !!
Jan 19, 2009 6:21 AM
Jul 2008
well.. this was supposed to be comedy.. no plot whatsoever...

its those show where u just either hate or love the jokes..
for me, the jokes were hilarious and definitely one of my favourite comedies alongside seto no hanayome..

another season onegaishimasu
Jan 19, 2009 10:45 AM
May 2008
I agree that Hyakko wasn't really made to have a "story" but I still would like to see a second season so that some characters can have some air time. (some development as well) The only complaint I have is that towards the end of the series the show tryed to make everything about Torako. (or at the last minute try to make her the main character) Overall I enjoyed the humor and animation so 8/10.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 20, 2009 3:52 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Nice way of doing the final episode. I liked it. Enjoyed the anime overall, though it took about 3 episodes until I really got into it. The gags were really awesome. Music was great well. Solid 8/10.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 20, 2009 4:07 PM

Feb 2008
First episode for last episode. Interesting Idea.
At first I didn't expected that I'll be going to like the anime that much. But in the end it was really good.
Jan 21, 2009 1:58 AM

Mar 2008
WOW.

Why wasn't this the FIRST episode!?

I understand trying to be "creative", or maybe the producers thought this would be a good idea, but it wasn't.

I feel tempted to write a review telling people to "start with episode 13" and then go 1-12. I bet it would be so much better.
Jan 21, 2009 7:21 PM

Dec 2007
nice serie, hoping for a 2nd season, anyway i have a question, is Hitsugi = torako little sister?

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jan 23, 2009 2:26 AM

Dec 2008
Hey doesn't that have to bo the real episode 1.
Imo it's nonsense to bring this episode as the final.
Episode12 should be the final,because that ending there fits much better.
And only a few gags in ep 12 and 13 ; (

When I forget this.
This show was awesome.
The charcaters were very well made.the humor was great,as well as the art style
I beg for a second season XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2009 7:08 AM

Jul 2007
And so Hyakko finished...

I am a bit disappointed; the first few episodes were great but it became more and more boring later on.
I liked the kiss scene in this ep.

8/10
Jan 24, 2009 11:45 AM

Nov 2008

Does this pic means, that Kobayashi Koma has a cancer or smth else?
Jan 25, 2009 3:11 AM

Dec 2008
I think thats too much interpretation ; )

she only has crazy hat XD
What we saw in this scene was that she's only the oldest sister who is responsible for the younger bro's and sis's.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2009 1:59 AM
May 2007
Loved the humour, the music was the BEST, characters were great and animation was great. Really hoping for a new season! Too bad School Rumble had to do a shitty 2 OVa of their last season. Hopefully this show won't be like it ;P.

Anyway as a last episode I liked it alot. It gives alot of character to the show whe doing this "first episode last". I think they also wanted to leave the show as a "Here's the beginning, now we go on *second season*." I was also confused the first like,.. five munites of the episode. Thought they somehow went up a grade (finished their year), but then I realized that it was before this year.

ONLY negative thing about this anime is prolly it's short state, could've been longer by digging deeper into each character, but I really liked that Torako was somehow the main character in the whole. Realized that at episode 3-5 somewhere. Was great that they opened up with Ayu but then just went over to Torako.

10/10 for this wonderful experience. (Yes I am a generous person, but I like it!)
Feb 6, 2009 9:17 PM
Jan 2009
Very amusing ,fun animé.
Really liked the end to be a preview:).
I just don't get the last scene :(.
Feb 13, 2009 10:28 AM
Oct 2007
lol loli limits
Mar 12, 2009 11:36 AM
Mar 2008
i loved it
Mar 28, 2009 6:35 PM

Apr 2008
I had fun watching the series. It's a very light one yet enjoyable.

I don't expect anything epic with the ending since it's a light one so I'll give it an 8/10

Mar 30, 2009 8:27 AM

Jan 2008
I didn't enjoy this ep :S
Apr 13, 2009 5:14 AM

Feb 2007
Weird episode to end the series. I wouldn't have placed this episode at the start, yet it didn't feel right to place at the end either. What was I thinking at the time? Cerntainly wouldn't feel right in the middle...probably would have been better if the episode was at the start. There were some good moments from Nene, Suzu, Torako and Ooba.

I rated this series as an 8 for now, solely because of the great comedy and character personality/interaction that was sadly a bit inconsistant at times. I'd love to see this show have another season, and perhaps develop Torako's story a bit more. That, or I want more Nene and Suzu.

Edit: Changed the score to 7.
BlueYoshiApr 13, 2009 4:19 PM
May 7, 2009 2:42 PM

Sep 2008
I REALLY hope they make another season! This was a very funny anime. If the DVD sales go well, I think it'll have a lot of potential to be greater.
May 15, 2009 3:56 PM

Jul 2008
I didn't like this series every much. Mostly because it all revolved around Torako. She was everyone's favorite, everyone wanted to be her friend, her love, her everything. Each character had their own episode, yet the person they inneracted with was Torako. When I started watching I thought this was about the four girls friendship and their friendships with others. But because Torako was pushy but with good intentions (over done character type, by the way).

They tried to give her depth in the last episode then it shows her running away in this one, to me, that just shows how big of a baby she is. Her problems really weren't that big.
Jun 14, 2009 1:00 PM

Nov 2007
patient_senses said:
I didn't like this series every much. Mostly because it all revolved around Torako. She was everyone's favorite, everyone wanted to be her friend, her love, her everything. Each character had their own episode, yet the person they inneracted with was Torako. When I started watching I thought this was about the four girls friendship and their friendships with others. But because Torako was pushy but with good intentions (over done character type, by the way).

They tried to give her depth in the last episode then it shows her running away in this one, to me, that just shows how big of a baby she is. Her problems really weren't that big.

Kind of agree with you there, also, Torako annoyed me a lot. XD By the end I liked her a bit better. For some reason my favorite characters were Iitsuki and Kitsune...

but I really did enjoy the series a lot. :D It made me want to watch more.
Jul 10, 2009 6:59 PM

May 2009
So, it's over now...

Really liked it, 8/10...
I also hope for a second season, because I'd like to see more of Torako, Suzu and friends, they were pretty nice characters...^^

<- Though I have to admit I never really liked the photographer, the torako-fan and kitsune...
Jul 14, 2009 8:04 AM

Feb 2009
Hitsugi at the end <3
Aug 1, 2009 1:33 PM

Aug 2008
I think the final ep could've been better. The prologue was nice and all but I'd much rather they'd shown another day in their school. At least we got to see suzu in another haircut again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

52 by HanamiDango »»
Mar 2, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 7 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Nov 19, 2008

43 by HanamiDango »»
Mar 2, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

58 by HanamiDango »»
Feb 25, 11:45 PM

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 8, 2008

73 by _lxna_ »»
Jan 22, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Hyakko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

RandomOugi - Oct 1, 2008

101 by _lxna_ »»
Jan 22, 7:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.