Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2013 11:56 PM

Nov 2012
I love how forced are people's use of the words "forced" and "melodrama"...
Mar 20, 2013 12:41 AM

Jun 2010
symbv's post basically sums up why I have a strong dislike for Sorata, which ultimately affected my overall enjoyment of the show. Not many people his age are fortunate enough to have connections to an esteemed game developer. His game failed to pass the final stage of the competition, which is understandable considering it was only his (correct me if I'm wrong) second genuine attempt. Instead of feeling grateful about his accomplishments, he instead has a mental breakdown during which he claims the world is unfair and how hard work ultimately doesn't pay off. He clearly hasn't even grown out of the elementary school mindset, so how can I possibly be expected to feel bad for him? And then he goes so far as to take out his anger on Mashiro because no matter how hard he works, he can never compare to her. Well, no shit, Sherlock. Mashiro had presumably been painting as soon as she could hold a paintbrush, and is clearly so devoted to her art that she completely dismissed the idea of living as a normal young lady. Of course there's no way to match her talent if you had only recently figured out what you wanted to do in life.

Honestly, this show could have been much better if its central focus was the camaraderie between the residents of Sakurasou, because we all have strong bonds with our friends and can easily relate to how inseparable they are. Instead, the series decided to shift its focus to developing romantic relationships that feel hollow and contrived because they aren't thoroughly explored. The time spent on the Nanami x Sorata scenes in the second half could have been better used elsewhere, because it was evident at the start that Sorata had already bought tickets aboard the SS Mashiron. The series promised a romance with the reoccurring theme of friendship, but felt lacking in both departments because the time devoted to each aspect was insufficient.
YunaMar 20, 2013 12:59 AM
Mar 20, 2013 12:59 AM

Feb 2012
Great episode!!! Misaki's speech is such a tearjerker! I admit, it did make me cry. It made me remember my high school and college graduation.

This episode already makes a great ending to the show. Next episode should be even more grand than this one or else it would ruin everyone's expectations and a potential high rating anime!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 20, 2013 1:01 AM

Mar 2013
Now this ep reminds me a bit of Angel Beats' graduation episode.
"Someone you meet can always change your life"
Mar 20, 2013 1:41 AM

Dec 2012
Shadowfax14 said:
I love how forced are people's use of the words "forced" and "melodrama"...

Luxanna said:
symbv's post basically sums up why I have a strong dislike for Sorata, which ultimately affected my overall enjoyment of the show. Not many people his age are fortunate enough to have connections to an esteemed game developer. His game failed to pass the final stage of the competition, which is understandable considering it was only his (correct me if I'm wrong) second genuine attempt. Instead of feeling grateful about his accomplishments, he instead has a mental breakdown during which he claims the world is unfair and how hard work ultimately doesn't pay off. He clearly hasn't even grown out of the elementary school mindset, so how can I possibly be expected to feel bad for him? And then he goes so far as to take out his anger on Mashiro because no matter how hard he works, he can never compare to her. Well, no shit, Sherlock. Mashiro had presumably been painting as soon as she could hold a paintbrush, and is clearly so devoted to her art that she completely dismissed the idea of living as a normal young lady. Of course there's no way to match her talent if you had only recently figured out what you wanted to do in life.

His failure really seems trivial compared to Nanami and what annoys me even more that he picked that game design recently so it is was not his long lived dream or something like that . He is just an obnoxious whiny brat that blames his mediocrity on others and claim the world is unfair.
Mar 20, 2013 1:42 AM

Aug 2012
OMG 10/10 LOVED IT SOOO MUCH
Mar 20, 2013 1:48 AM

Sep 2010
As much as I can understand the purpose of all the cheese in this episode, it just didn't work for me. Maybe I'm too jaded nowadays to continue being enthralled by naive and youthful themes.
Mar 20, 2013 2:23 AM

May 2012
over acting...
and kanda was so over react like a faggot.
i didn't shade any tears though...
this kinda lame episode dont deserve my fvcking tears
I've Killed my Brother
Just like what sasuke did
Mar 20, 2013 3:19 AM
Feb 2013
Aw, that quite a chaos that they've did, then again their dorm was saved, too bad they have to be ordered to stand outside.

I guess It's safe to say that this anime ends here and the last episode would only be a filler.
Mar 20, 2013 3:31 AM

Jul 2011
Ryuunosuke is DA BOSS!!!
Mar 20, 2013 6:36 AM

Sep 2011
I was thinking of rating this 8/10 but since this episode is awesome, probably I'll rate this a 9 or maybe I'll just stick to 8. So it seems the next episode will be Sorata and Mashiro.

Mar 20, 2013 9:25 AM
Oct 2009
There's some weird argument about the studio's influence on the sales and whatnot...

Let's keep arguing about whether Sakurasou is a masterpiece or a disaster.

Personnally, I thought Ryuu and Jin were the only characters that were believable in their interactions, until they actually started interacting with people. Not sure why everyone thinks Ryuu and Rita should be a couple, Rita is just totally forcing herself on Ryuu, and I don't think it's cute. Obviously, the writers thought it was, as Ryuu is 100% surely falling for her. For no reason except she's extremely persistent? I'm not saying she's a horrible person or anything like that, but it really seems to be the only reason, no?
SuzieMar 20, 2013 9:28 AM
Mar 20, 2013 10:26 AM

Dec 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
_MgZ_ said:
The problem is not so many people enjoyed the show that they would support it by buying the dvd/bd.

So Japanese audience =/= audience around the world. Yeah you're right.

Well it is true .
Why can't you accept that dvd sales were bad because the show is mediocre instead of blaming it on J.C staff?
Actually why not explain why the show is good in the first place ?
Mar 20, 2013 11:11 AM

Apr 2012
Javera said:
Totally did not expect this anime to make me cry (;_; )

Same here T_T this was totaly insane , 5/5 <3
Mar 20, 2013 12:47 PM
Oct 2009
tsudecimo said:
Why can't you accept that dvd sales were bad because the show is mediocre instead of blaming it on J.C staff?
Actually why not explain why the show is good in the first place ?

Good point.

Takana_no_Hana, other people's preferences have nothing to do with whether Sakurasou is good or not. Actually, liking an anime is not 100% the same thing as it being a "good" anime. I greatly enjoy some shows that I don't think are that good, originality-wise and quality-wise.

I don't enjoy Sakurasou, and I don't think it's a "good anime". I don't know if I'd say mediocre, the animation's alright, the art style is nice, some parts are good, etc. But so many things bother me. I'm kinda glad to hear it isn't doing that well in Japan either.
Mar 20, 2013 2:31 PM

Jan 2011
Oh my god this episode was fucking stupid, the first part was a boring recap and the second part was cliché and lame, it made me facepalm myself several tames, it had negative impact and it takes skill to make it this lame! I'm seriously disappointed, I should never have raised my hopes for this because it is by J.C. Staff after all...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 20, 2013 2:41 PM

Jul 2010
Misaki's speech was beautiful. So moving. I shed many tears. :') Although this ending arc has had a heavily contrived feeling, this speech had none of that and was really very touching. A beautiful compilation of the whole series....I was losing faith in this show after the first 12 episodes or so, but I am really happy I watched until this point for this speech. :) It still doesn't redeem the series, but I enjoyed this a lot.

Overall, this was a very beautiful episode. Had a very nice, warm feeling to it rather than the previous episodes.

So happy!
Hope the next episode will have nice closure :) I'm still sad about Nanamin, but Mashiron isn't so bad <3
Mar 20, 2013 3:18 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Suzie said:
Not sure why everyone thinks Ryuu and Rita should be a couple, Rita is just totally forcing herself on Ryuu, and I don't think it's cute. Obviously, the writers thought it was, as Ryuu is 100% surely falling for her. For no reason except she's extremely persistent? I'm not saying she's a horrible person or anything like that, but it really seems to be the only reason, no?
I would never have called it cute, but I find their relationship amusing. I've know a couple of couples that got together that way, with one person simply not taking 'no' for an answer.
Mar 20, 2013 4:13 PM

Sep 2012
500/5 episode making it 1000/10 series IMO. Probably can't salvage the sales which is too bad but I have the novels (reading 9 now) to know what happens at least.

Amazing adaptation. I just read book 6 again this week to prepare for this episode and the anime did it way better than I imagined when reading it. With the music, the songs, that was the most emotional episode of anything I've ever seen. And no one died! I suppose Sakurasou was saved but it is just a building.

Be interesting what they do next week, just finish book 6 (still not done yet), start 7 going by the title, or sneak into the end of book 8 for what everyone is waiting for, perhaps some of all three and/or anime only ending. Time will tell...
Mar 20, 2013 5:03 PM

May 2012
This episode hit all the feels I have.
Mar 20, 2013 6:49 PM
Aug 2011
It was weird to listen to Misaki talking that long without being hyper/shouting like she always does.

I must say that this episode was much better than all the previous drama llama ones.
standMar 20, 2013 6:56 PM
Mar 20, 2013 7:25 PM

Mar 2011
I really loved it
Misaki's speech was very moving and like Dragon said it was very effective
Although a bit too dramatic in some parts, this episode is the best
A perfect way to end the series
Mar 20, 2013 8:16 PM
Feb 2013
The episode was pretty freaking awesome, I was already of crying and I was doing a good job holding it back but then Kyou no Hi wa Sayonara started playing and then I remembered Evangelion 2.0 and after that I was off the computer for quite a while.
Mar 20, 2013 8:19 PM
Feb 2013
FlyingChinaMan said:
what are the piano songs they played at the end?!

It is "Kyou no Hi wa Sayonara", I heard it for the first time in Evangelion 2.0 and my god it haunted me for months. The English title is "Today is the time for goodbyes"
Mar 20, 2013 10:22 PM

Aug 2011
I swear i'm not crying.... just got something in my eye T_T
Mar 20, 2013 10:44 PM

Jun 2009
*clap*

Well done J.C. Staff.

Well done, Misaki's VA.

Well done Sakurasou.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2013 2:30 AM

Aug 2010
Recap, overplayed character reaction all over the place...and I bet we are not even getting a romantic resolution by the end. It's so sad when a show has a very powerful start, runs out of breath midway and has to limp the final section leaving you with a feeling of "Just end already!". 2/5.
Mar 21, 2013 7:58 AM

Feb 2013
Nemytika said:
Javera said:
Totally did not expect this anime to make me cry (;_; )

Same here T_T this was totaly insane , 5/5 <3

Same here... TT.TT
I f***ing loved this episode...

Mar 21, 2013 8:47 AM
Oct 2012
Solid episode, can't wait for the ending next week.
Mar 21, 2013 10:29 AM

Jul 2010
Wow, the emotions ran high in this episode! A great emotional speech from Misaki there. I wonder if the vote against the demolition of Sakurasou actually made a difference. I guess it did.

Looking forward to the epilogue next episode. I wonder what will happen between Kanda and Mashiro. And will there be two new residents? :)

Mar 21, 2013 10:41 AM

Jan 2013
the best ep. ever!!!
Mar 21, 2013 3:37 PM

Aug 2010
I didn't expect to cry either, but so many tears!
Mar 21, 2013 3:38 PM

Nov 2008
I have to say it, this was a tad cheesy..
Mar 21, 2013 7:00 PM

Jun 2011
thank you, my roommate like "bro it was so good and im like "bitch that shit was cheesy as fuck""
Mar 22, 2013 12:34 AM

Sep 2008
At least this last-ish episode was a great way to end the show. Not saying it saves the show from being terrible, but I at least enjoyed this one episode a lot.

Also the Ryuunosuke and Rita scenes were awesome. But that goes without saying.
Mar 22, 2013 1:50 AM

Dec 2011
I couldn't help but think about what I would do in that situation throughout that graduation ceremony.
Mostly it would have been sitting and watching on in bemusement.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 22, 2013 10:27 AM

Feb 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
I couldn't help but think about what I would do in that situation throughout that graduation ceremony.

I wondered the same thing. I think I would've done the same as you described.

Mar 22, 2013 10:30 AM

Jan 2013
5layer said:
At least this last-ish episode was a great way to end the show. Not saying it saves the show from being terrible, but I at least enjoyed this one episode a lot.

Also the Ryuunosuke and Rita scenes were awesome. But that goes without saying.

I loved the episode, I also think that's a great to end the show...
Ryuunosuke and Rita scenes, LOL.
Mar 22, 2013 10:34 AM

Jan 2013
daijoubudayo said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

I wondered the same thing. I think I would've done the same as you described.

By the way, I think I'd have done the same thing, I think it's something that most people would.
Mar 22, 2013 12:27 PM
Mar 2012
One of the best graduations I have probably ever seen. A really nice speech. I keept crying for maybe 10 minutes straight! I'm a little bit sad that this wasn't the last episode, cause that could have been a really good time to end it. The preview for the next episode seems a bit...
Mar 22, 2013 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
Mogami-kun said:
Recap, overplayed character reaction all over the place...and I bet we are not even getting a romantic resolution by the end. It's so sad when a show has a very powerful start, runs out of breath midway and has to limp the final section leaving you with a feeling of "Just end already!". 2/5.

This was my feeling for the first 10 minutes of the episode. So cheesy and selfish. Hey! You are ruining others graduation, who cares about your personal story and feelings! Just shut up already. But then, when things started to get in order, it doesn't seems so bad. Over reaction here and there but that was necessary for the plan imo. The bonus from this ep for me is the graduation song, good old Evangelion 2.22 feelings!

P.s: Your favorite anime list is nice Mogami, a thumbs up from me!
removed-userMar 22, 2013 4:38 PM
Mar 22, 2013 5:17 PM
Feb 2012
Oh the feels T^T
Nanami <3 i feel youu!

Mar 22, 2013 9:21 PM

Aug 2012
This episode was so good, truth be told my eyes did water a bit :3

So many tears T.T
So keen for last episode this week!
Mar 23, 2013 12:10 AM

Oct 2012
AWWW....This was such an amazing episode ;_;

That speech Misaki gave out was so emotional! Can't wait for the last episode next week.

Mar 23, 2013 1:34 AM
Feb 2012
i hope it ends well! too much tears have fallen already T^T i dont wanna say goodbyeee *post anime depression*

but yes, misaki-senpai made such an inspirational speech! it was surprising really, how disciplined she was considering her outgoing and crazy personality. Cherry blossoms in the air \o/

"We couldn't reach two-thirds of the student body...but...we've reached them now."

This was me during her speech..

jjpak119Mar 23, 2013 2:23 AM
Mar 23, 2013 1:13 PM

Feb 2013
jjpak119 said:
i hope it ends well! too much tears have fallen already T^T i dont wanna say goodbyeee *post anime depression*

but yes, misaki-senpai made such an inspirational speech! it was surprising really, how disciplined she was considering her outgoing and crazy personality. Cherry blossoms in the air o/

"We couldn't reach two-thirds of the student body...but...we've reached them now."

This was me during her speech..

I hope it ends well too. Manly tears were definitely shed that episode... T.T

Mar 23, 2013 9:43 PM

Sep 2012
i teared up like a lil ol baby, such a touching episode, GREAT JOB MISAKI SEMPAI!!!
ಥ⌣ಥ
Mar 24, 2013 7:34 AM

Nov 2012
Why can't I give this anime less than a 1 score? Why doesn't MAL use the Rankine scale? Sorata is beyond beta at this point.

That speech however...., AND I FEEEEEEEEL!!!!!!! I literally hate any form of tearjerking stuff in anime...., just as Dragon said, but when it is done well and damn was it done well here...., it really explodes and overshadows all of the shit that came before that moment. Best graduating speech 2012/13!

I've been with this anime since it started and now at its penultimate episode, I have no regrets sticking with it, and lord knows there were many, many times I almost dropped it. Hoping for an insane finale to overthrow the one from PP. Not enough to change the final scoring but enough for me to recommend on request.
NaxrrhidMar 24, 2013 7:51 AM
Mar 24, 2013 7:49 AM

Oct 2012
Not a bad episode but the last song kept me remebering about Evangelion 2.0 so i was expecting a Eva to drop of the sky on a rampage...next episode maybe (just kidding)
Even after all these episode i feel like romance could have make this anime way better...
Mar 24, 2013 9:55 AM
Dec 2011
Not sure what to think about this show anymore. First 10-15 episodes were great, but it has been getting worse and this episode was just plain terrible. Basically just a recap for the first half, with nothing but cringeworthy overdramatics in the second.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.