Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2008 3:15 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well how do you liked the new ep? i think it was nice so far, also yaki trio rules.....^^ funniest moment:when rui's mother turns to chiaki:"like teacher, like pupil"......xD
Take a look at the world and laugh. -Januzs Korczak
Dec 2, 2008 10:17 AM

Feb 2008
i liked it, but i can feel the story being condensed. they're shoving a 26 episode story into 11 episodes and it shows.
Dec 2, 2008 11:19 AM

Jan 2008
jacobpaige said:
i liked it, but i can feel the story being condensed. they're shoving a 26 episode story into 11 episodes and it shows.

Actually no, the anime is right on pace with the manga (maybe even a little slow). They cover about 2-3 chapters of manga story per episode, which is typical of manga to anime adaptations.

Dec 2, 2008 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
Loved this episdoe...it had every element of the show that I love. Whimsy, great, funny characters (I really like Paul, he captures the off-beatness of bassoonists), and hilarious if not wonderful Nodame interpretations of classics.
Dec 2, 2008 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
Even if that's true though, season 2 still should have been 23-26 episodes. I'd sad it's going to end so soon. Considering Honey and Clover, which was directed by the same person as Nodame, ended its second season 13 episodes or so in, it seems like this might be the last season of Nodame. That makes me sad.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Dec 2, 2008 1:12 PM

Oct 2008
in a way i'm both happy and sad that there're only going to be 11 epis for this season.
sad because, darn it, i really love this series!! season 2 is really well done--i heart it muchos so of course i'll be sad to be without it.
happy because that means they're hopefully gonna have a season 3 which makes every fan happytastic.
if anything, it doesn't feel condensed but maybe a little bit slower paced, which i love, because then that means they won't be changing the storyline all that much (which is already fabulous as is) and/or won't be making up their own ending. if they were going to end it at that, they have enough story in the manga to make it the usual 24 or 26 epis that animes usually are. but they didn't, and that says to me that they want to let another year go by to cushion in some more manga chapters to feed off of.
still, regardless of there only being 11 epis, i'm really really reallllllly satisfied with how they did them <3

PS. best moment of this epi? when chiaki stole the car from jean, lol
Dec 2, 2008 2:34 PM

Nov 2007
A relatively pleasant episode ^^, reasonable story progression I guess I'm just sad that it's going to finish soon D:
Dec 2, 2008 2:55 PM
Feb 2008
kneekey said:
in a way i'm both happy and sad that there're only going to be 11 epis for this season.
sad because, darn it, i really love this series!! season 2 is really well done--i heart it muchos so of course i'll be sad to be without it.
happy because that means they're hopefully gonna have a season 3 which makes every fan happytastic.
if anything, it doesn't feel condensed but maybe a little bit slower paced, which i love, because then that means they won't be changing the storyline all that much (which is already fabulous as is) and/or won't be making up their own ending. if they were going to end it at that, they have enough story in the manga to make it the usual 24 or 26 epis that animes usually are. but they didn't, and that says to me that they want to let another year go by to cushion in some more manga chapters to feed off of.
still, regardless of there only being 11 epis, i'm really really reallllllly satisfied with how they did them <3

PS. best moment of this epi? when chiaki stole the car from jean, lol

lol. when he took the car i started laughing so hard. i feel really bad for chiaki though; having to put up with an amateur orchestra makes me a bit mad--he deserves so much better! but with kuroki (and hopefully paul), his orchestra will change for the better.
Dec 2, 2008 3:13 PM
Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
Loved this episdoe...it had every element of the show that I love. Whimsy, great, funny characters (I really like Paul, he captures the off-beatness of bassoonists), and hilarious if not wonderful Nodame interpretations of classics.

Yep, Nodame is really the perfect series for me. The first season was the best anime of 2007 and Paris Hen is the best of 2008 in my opinion. Probably the most interesting, funniest and best written shoujo show that I've watched.

I didn't wonder before tonight, but I think I voted every episode 5 out of 5 on MAL and I'm pretty certain that's the only series to obtain only 5's from me ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 2, 2008 4:22 PM

Aug 2008
Well this one WAS GREAT, the few last one were missing the music part a bit, but that one renewed with the first season stlyle. Only 3 more WHAT ARE THEY THINKING... It's the best airing serie now.... I wan't more... How can it be the end.

Dec 2, 2008 5:04 PM

Sep 2008
Nihilist said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
well how do you liked the new ep? i think it was nice so far, also yaki trio rules.....^^ funniest moment:when rui's mother turns to chiaki:"like teacher, like pupil"......xD

I'm still laughing at how Rui's mom hit Chiaki right in the face...was so sweet and uncalled for but very amusing
Dec 2, 2008 6:55 PM

Oct 2007
mcjazzman32 said:
Considering Honey and Clover, which was directed by the same person as Nodame, ended its second season 13 episodes or so in, it seems like this might be the last season of Nodame. That makes me sad.

It might be or it might not be. The first series was chapters 1-51. This ep covered chapters 78-82. Jacopaige is corect: They are indeed tracking the manga almost twice as fast this season. I think that's a mistake. This one should have been paced to end at
and there would have been enough material right now for another season like this one. There's still going to be plenty of manga left to cover even after what I project as the end of the Paris arc which is in chapter 94. The manga is on hiatus at chapter 126 and at a major cliffhanger there. Once that picks up again, there should be plenty of material to continue the anime. I hope I hope I hope I hope.
RalonzoDec 2, 2008 7:00 PM
Dec 2, 2008 7:05 PM

Jan 2008
mcjazzman32 said:
Even if that's true though, season 2 still should have been 23-26 episodes. I'd sad it's going to end so soon. Considering Honey and Clover, which was directed by the same person as Nodame, ended its second season 13 episodes or so in, it seems like this might be the last season of Nodame. That makes me sad.

No, this will definitely not be a final anime season for Nodame. The manga author is currently on medical leave because of her pregnancy and she wouldn't have been able to finish the current story arc in time to give the animators enough material for a complete 24-26 episode season. So JC Staff had to opt for a shorter series and end it at a point where it seemed logical to do so, rather than give us a bunch of filler crap that would make a continuation later impossible.

Dec 2, 2008 7:49 PM

Mar 2008
Ralonzo said:
mcjazzman32 said:
Considering Honey and Clover, which was directed by the same person as Nodame, ended its second season 13 episodes or so in, it seems like this might be the last season of Nodame. That makes me sad.

It might be or it might not be. The first series was chapters 1-51. This ep covered chapters 78-82. Jacopaige is corect: They are indeed tracking the manga almost twice as fast this season. I think that's a mistake. This one should have been paced to end at
and there would have been enough material right now for another season like this one. There's still going to be plenty of manga left to cover even after what I project as the end of the Paris arc which is in chapter 94. The manga is on hiatus at chapter 126 and at a major cliffhanger there. Once that picks up again, there should be plenty of material to continue the anime. I hope I hope I hope I hope.

i hope you are right. the anime is too good to stop after this season.
Dec 2, 2008 10:06 PM

May 2008
i liked this episode but didnt like it as much as the previous episodes.
YAY next episode is the episode i have been waiting for, Nodame's first recital. I saw it in the drama and it was so kool and funny i really want to see next episode cant wait!!!!!!!
Dec 3, 2008 6:57 AM

Nov 2007
What gdrocks, you only like the fluff episodes and not the ones with actual music? Come on, this was the first acceptable episode of the season (acceptable compared to first season or the live drama).
Elsewhere, a somewhat startled Warren Worthington III finds that he has accidentally wandered into an electrified east-side world of post-twist teens and watsui-ing teeny-boppers...
Dec 3, 2008 1:20 PM
Jul 2008
very entertaining episode, as always. one thing bugged me though: when was the "yaki-trio" formed? I'm trying to think back through previous eps, but it's been some time, so...anyone remeber when they first appeared?
Dec 3, 2008 3:57 PM

Nov 2007
I play the bassoon, and I was ecstatic to see Paul! There was some great bassoon dialogue there. XD

Other than that, I found it to be a wonderfully entertaining episode. I didn't pause a single time while watching it.

It's sad that there are only four episodes left of the series, though...
Dec 4, 2008 12:06 PM

Jun 2008
The part where he bought the car was fucking hilarious, the black feathers perfected the scene.
Dec 5, 2008 4:46 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Good decision to avoid fillers and stay faithful to the manga... although the pace is much faster than the first season...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 6, 2008 12:47 PM

Jan 2008
wakka9ca said:
Good decision to avoid fillers and stay faithful to the manga... although the pace is much faster than the first season...
Yeah, I like it this way better too.
Dec 7, 2008 4:18 AM

Apr 2007
There will definitely be more Nodame, I'm confident with that.

Anyways, great episode, need next now~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2008 3:08 AM

Jan 2008
lol at Chiaki for getting jealous/pissed at Paul during the soba eating moment ^^

Orkel said:
The part where he bought the car was fucking hilarious, the black feathers perfected the scene.

My thoughts exactly XD

Dec 14, 2008 7:03 PM

Jun 2008
i laughed at the part when jean wanted to buy the car and chiaki got in before he did. chiaki is being mean (and smart) as usual and when he walked away with black feathers floating, lol!!!

yakitori trio!!!!
Mar 13, 2009 2:19 AM

Jul 2008
Another good and enjoyable episode of Nodame Cantabile. The Paul and Nodame interactions were the best.
Apr 20, 2009 11:02 PM

Jun 2008
huh... wonder what rui was thinking when she heard nodame play... and kuroki-kun when he saw paul's family!! AHAHAHA.. the car too.. hahaha... poor jean...
May 28, 2009 1:02 PM
Jul 2018
Yaki trio! Well that was a good ep... felt boring at some parts though. And Rui's mom pisses me off ><
Sep 3, 2009 11:22 PM

Jun 2009
For a musical anime its best to watch it not read... emphasizes the sounds. Anyway,

I like the way the designers let the wound on the cheek of Chiaki stay for a day

Funny scene was the car bargain... Jean compliments the test drive
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 9, 2009 1:16 AM

Jan 2008
Good episode again. Paul's family was strange lol.
Jan 2, 2010 12:18 PM
May 2008
Great episode, and I have to agree the Paul and Nodame interactions were great!!!
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 19, 2010 1:55 AM

Feb 2008
8GaugeBrett said:
jacobpaige said:

Actually no, the anime is right on pace with the manga (maybe even a little slow). They cover about 2-3 chapters of manga story per episode, which is typical of manga to anime adaptations.

I've read the manga, twice, I stick by my earlier statement.
tindra said:
very entertaining episode, as always. one thing bugged me though: when was the "yaki-trio" formed? I'm trying to think back through previous eps, but it's been some time, so...anyone remeber when they first appeared?

in the manga, it was skipped in the anime. chapter 73, just after Chiaki was chosen to be Roux Martlet's new conductor but before he saw them perform for the first time.
Jun 6, 2010 5:30 AM
Mar 2010
Hahaha car scene was legendary
Feb 6, 2011 8:34 AM

Jun 2009
Totally loved the car scene. The black feathers just added up for the better~
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Mar 16, 2011 8:11 AM

May 2009
Renaultsport Megane? Good condition? PERFECT SIZE FOR PARIS?

I lol'd hard
Apr 21, 2011 10:12 PM

Dec 2009
vearg said:
huh... wonder what rui was thinking when she heard nodame play... and kuroki-kun when he saw paul's family!! AHAHAHA.. the car too.. hahaha... poor jean...

This

Jun 30, 2011 6:25 PM

Aug 2010
FDaihatsu said:
Renaultsport Megane? Good condition? PERFECT SIZE FOR PARIS?

I lol'd hard

LMAO this XD
Oct 23, 2012 9:48 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode!
Mar 16, 2013 11:15 PM

Oct 2012
I feel a little bad for Rui, I love when people like her mom that get put in their place. I guess Rui realized that she might have caused a slight issue? That was interesting...

Great episode as always.
May 4, 2013 8:32 AM

Apr 2013
Good episode. The part with the car purchase was fun.
May 17, 2013 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
Nice episode as always.
May 26, 2013 9:39 AM

Feb 2013
Great episode, still waiting to see how chiakis orchestra will turn out :)
~If only sorrow could build a staircase, our tears could show the way.
I would climb my way to heaven, and bring him back home again.~

Jun 20, 2013 6:10 AM

May 2012
You go Nodame! Great job and a nice piece was indeed played!

Lol at Chiaki for steal buying that car :p
Jun 23, 2013 3:56 AM

Jun 2013
yay! she had first recital
i lack on english but, i want to speak!
Jun 27, 2013 11:29 PM

May 2010
Woooo... Rondo Alla Turca by Mozart was played by Nodame.. I guess it really fits her.. :D
Car scene was hilarious too.. Ahaha
Sep 7, 2013 6:04 AM

May 2010
Okay, Rui might not be that bad. Golden pair? Is it just me or Chiaki is getting more and more forward these days XD Nodame admits that Chiaki is her tsukkomi and she acts it up sometimes xD I love Nodame's quick music, makes me want to jump around. Chiaki was jealous, right? :p

Nodame's music has got the ring to it, I love it so much! That piece was beautiful along with the performance! She got a tres bian, yes! She sniffed him, lol. So Tanya is from Russia, I somehow didn't know xD I like Tanya x Frank somehow.
Feb 22, 2014 12:36 PM

Aug 2009
A really funny episode!!! Loved it!!!

Can't help but love the Yakitorio trio!!! :D Paul and Nodame are just too hilarious and whenever they are together the atmosphere is just too good!!! XDD They are like two peas in a pot!!! :DDD

TragicRomance said:
Nodame's music has got the ring to it, I love it so much! That piece was beautiful along with the performance!
I totally agree,I don't anything about music, can't play any instrument, either, but somehow her unique style makes me love her so much!!! ^^
Mar 31, 2014 5:06 PM

Aug 2013
That new french guy is so weird. ''Why do you keep starting your phrase by «non»?!?'' xD

Chiaki took the initiative on his orchestra. What a shameless liar :P
I hope Kuroki can make it on the Marlet. He had a good chemistry with Chiaki.

Chiaki dreaming of doing a duo with Nodame, so cute :3

Nodame still playing piano randomly, but it pleased the judge. In fact, it's probably the main reason Auclair choosed her.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 4, 2014 1:37 PM

Dec 2013
The end is comming. This episode actually was alright.
Apr 18, 2014 10:20 PM

Aug 2013
Everyone looked alike in Paul's family, Kuroki must have really tried his best not to laugh XD
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 30, 2014 2:36 AM

May 2013
Paul and Nodame are hilarious together!

I hope Kuroki and Paul join the orchestra.

I wonder what the significance of Nodame falling into the pond was. Rui was coming back to apologize and then she hears Nodame's piano and then she remembers that. Weird.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Vin-nii - Nov 7, 2008

117 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 11, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kneekey - Nov 23, 2008

69 by WaterBottleWeeb »»
Mar 10, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nehnehneji - Oct 26, 2008

65 by bucciest »»
Jan 1, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Dec 18, 2008

126 by ims-tokyo »»
Apr 16, 2022 12:20 AM

» The English Dub? Is it coming?

APGamerZ - Oct 4, 2010

3 by aku_mado »»
Dec 17, 2021 5:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.