Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 19, 2013 8:57 PM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah the chemistry between Biscuit and the two boys is so great. I definitely would have liked to see her train Wing during a flashback. She's stern when it comes to being a teacher but definitely has those lol moments. When she slapped Killua to seperate herself from the boys, I was on the floor and the awkward silence after didn't help with comedy X D

The awesome animation left aside, I actually enjoyed the training with Binolt a lot. Even though he's a killer who has murdered people because of his childhood in the slums, Gon doesn't resent him for it and actually thanks him for making Gon and Killua stronger. Because of Gon's lookout on people in life, it actually made him turn himself in to the authorities once Gon/Killua's training was finished which is surprising! This ties a lot to what Zepile said during the Yorknew arc of how Gon doesn't care whether if something is good or bad as long as it piques his interest. I usually don't like training arcs Greed Island is one of the few exceptions where it's a fun ride.

HybridMBLJan 19, 2013 9:02 PM
Jan 19, 2013 9:38 PM

Apr 2012
Chapters covered:

The Killua and Bisky moments at the beginning were pretty good. I preferred the animation of the original over this one but it was still enjoyable. Gon and Killua are slowly becoming stronger in the basics of nen.
FrostToasterJan 19, 2013 10:02 PM
Jan 19, 2013 10:01 PM

May 2012
Another great episode! I couldn't help but think of my Minecrafting days where I would sometimes dig a direct path/tunnel to where ever my destination was xD

Binolt's flashback was quite touching and I love how carefree Gon is but scared to see what troubles that may cause in the future :O
Jan 19, 2013 10:09 PM

Oct 2011
A bit surprising at how many chapters are getting crammed into these episodes. I kinda don't mind since this is primarily a traing arc, especially at this point, but I hope they steady the pace down before this ends up being only about 15 episodes for this arc. Even though this is primarily a training arc, this is still one of my favorite arcs in the series so I'd love to see them take some more time on some of the material in future episodes.

I liked the scenes here with Killua and Gon fighting Binolt. That was a fun part in the original OVA and still was here. The attacks and doding and just the whole flow of the fight felt a lot better here imo. The animation was a lot better here for this fight as well imo.

Overall, pretty solid episode, especially with the action involved in the Binolt fight and all of the stuff at the beginning with Biske introducing herself and everything. I hope at some point they slow down a bit, I mean they are still covering almost all of the important stuff, but it wouldn't hurt to not animate 20 chapters worth in only 5 episodes heh.
Jan 19, 2013 10:24 PM

Feb 2012
Fun episode as always!
wow this is cool
Jan 19, 2013 10:35 PM

May 2011
The pacing on the episode was still fast, but not underwhelming like the last one. In another wods: Excellent episode.
leokikoJan 19, 2013 10:43 PM
Jan 19, 2013 10:43 PM
Feb 2012
While the animation in this version is better I kinda felt that the fight in the OVA was more intense and especially more in the manga. This was good but I was hoping for more
Gon vs Hisoka intensity particularly at the end when Binolt started getting desperate.

Also I didn't care for Binolt's character design. His eyes are too far apart and his hair is
too crazy.

It was still a good episode and a solid fight. I would give a 4.5 out of 5 but I'll round up to 5. I just feel this wasn't Madhouse at their best. But still even when it's not their best they still do pretty well. I just wish they had for this particular episode. But oh well.
Jan 19, 2013 10:43 PM
Feb 2012
leokiko said:
The pacing on the episode was still fast, but not underwhelming like the last one. In another wods: Excellent episode.

Agreed pacing was better.
Jan 19, 2013 10:58 PM

Jan 2009
very good episode again they learn another nen technique called SHU
Jan 19, 2013 11:19 PM
Jun 2012
Dang, it feels like they're breezing through this arc! O_o I was surprised at the episode's stopping point to be honest (I was expecting it to end after they let Binolt go) but it's not too big of a deal when I think about it. Especially since they were able to squeeze so much into this episode

Gon and Killua's training against Binolt was my favorite part of the episode. The animation, choreography, and camera angles at that part were all eye-candy for me. Everything just seemed to sparkle too lol.

My only major complaint is that they used this track....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cRlwI0NOnI&list=PL7636F65EA6C7228C

...and overused the new one they just introduced at the end of the previous episode... <_<
Jan 19, 2013 11:23 PM
Nov 2012
cool episode. Gon using Rock to beat Scissors. literally.... and then gets a ton of lump from Rocks.... so much rocks in this rocky area...... anyway, this episode rocks.
Jan 19, 2013 11:32 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode

1)Shu is how Hisoka makes his cards sharp

2)The animation was spectacular

This is the end of the 2nd OVA, next episode GI Final begins, the crazy part of GI
End Zionazism
Jan 19, 2013 11:38 PM
Jun 2012
mrsticky005 said:
While the animation in this version is better I kinda felt that the fight in the OVA was more intense and especially more in the manga. This was good but I was hoping for more
Gon vs Hisoka intensity particularly at the end when Binolt started getting desperate.

________

I personally thought that Binolt's introduction in the OVA and especially in the manga, was a lot more intimidating than this portrayal. This version did a weak job in portraying his bloodlust in my opinion (mainly because that ONE track played when he showed up) However, I don't think the fight itself lacked the intensity. There was a lot of fast, fluid animation which made the fight look more intense. At least, that's my opinion...
Jan 19, 2013 11:38 PM
Feb 2012
Ruii said:
cool episode. Gon using Rock to beat Scissors. literally.... and then gets a ton of lump from Rocks.... so much rocks in this rocky area...... anyway, this episode rocks.

I can't believe I never realized that until now. Good catch.
Jan 19, 2013 11:43 PM
Feb 2012
d_2_HxH said:
mrsticky005 said:

________

I personally thought that Binolt's introduction in the OVA and especially in the manga, was a lot more intimidating than this portrayal. This version did a weak job in portraying his bloodlust in my opinion (mainly because that ONE track played when he showed up) However, I don't think the fight itself lacked the intensity. There was a lot of fast, fluid animation which made the fight look more intense. At least, that's my opinion...

Actually I thought the bloodlust here was a little bit over done.
The animation was indeed fast and fluid. No complaints from me
on that part. But rather it's more what they decided to animate.
The fight here felt more graceful in a sense while the OVA
felt more direct. I prefer the more direct approach with
Madhouse's level of animation.
Jan 19, 2013 11:45 PM
Feb 2012
Though I do think Biscuit's judo throw (if it can be called that)
was amazingly done.
Jan 20, 2013 12:12 AM

Dec 2010
Didn't think he would actually be able to cut Biscuit's hair, well w/e the case great episode, awesome how Biscuit flat out owned him with barely any effort.
Jan 20, 2013 12:31 AM

Jan 2012
Awesome episode as always. Gon and Killua are becoming stronger with each episode and I love it! This is how training arc should be done.
Jan 20, 2013 12:44 AM
Oct 2010
I've been wondering for a while now... Please don't flame me and sorry if I missed the explanation, but why is someone like Binolt a criminal while those from the Zoldyck family aren't?

Is there a license to kill or assassination rules or something that makes it different?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 20, 2013 12:49 AM

Sep 2012
Pretty nice episode, we saw ging again :D
Jan 20, 2013 12:54 AM

Mar 2012
Ajunky said:
I've been wondering for a while now... Please don't flame me and sorry if I missed the explanation, but why is someone like Binolt a criminal while those from the Zoldyck family aren't?

Is there a license to kill or assassination rules or something that makes it different?

who said they aren't?
End Zionazism
Jan 20, 2013 1:07 AM

Nov 2011
Biskit is a sadist. lol.

Kinda felt sorry for binolt, all he wanted to do was kill and chop 3 little kids to pieces but instead got turned into a training whore :D

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 20, 2013 2:01 AM

Oct 2012
Good episode as usual, I love the sound track. The fight with Binlot(?) was enjoyable, the best part of the episode was the part where Gon was eating and showed he can't keep the rocks from falling on his head.
Jan 20, 2013 2:13 AM

Jun 2010
leokiko said:
Jan 20, 2013 2:26 AM
Mar 2012
great, way better than the last one
Jan 20, 2013 3:41 AM

Nov 2012
Pacing was too fast but Madhouse lived to its expectations. Animation was indeed clear and smooth, the fight scenes were definitely well done, just that the tension decreased a lot as compared to the Manga. It was still a very enjoyable episode, despite some flaws.
Jan 20, 2013 4:21 AM

Dec 2009
Cuticle Detective made an appearance this week, huh.

I don't mind Madhouse speeding through this part of the manga. HxH has never been about training arcs that takes 20 or more episodes anyway.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 20, 2013 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
Everyone seems to be fine with it, but the fast pacing kinda ruined it for me. I think this arc would have been better if they didn't speed through everything like that.
In the manga this arc was about 50% than the hunter exam arc, but Madhouse seems hellbent on making it shorter.

Also, in the manga Binolt vomitted a shit-ton of blood when Biske hit him, chapter 137-138 if you're interested ;)
Jan 20, 2013 5:58 AM

Dec 2011
The process was sped up as well.
Can't wait for next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2013 6:21 AM

Sep 2008
As many have said, better than the last one. Pacing is a bit fast for my liking, I enjoy slow pace more in the anime I watch (think for example Spice and Wolf), but it wasn't too bad in this episode. I miss many scenes from the other anime, but I guess if I recall correctly most of them were fillers anyway.
Jan 20, 2013 6:32 AM

Mar 2011
Another good episode.
Jan 20, 2013 6:50 AM
Sep 2012
I'm personally a fan of training arcs, so I'm a little sad that the pacing is so fast I wish that the fight with Binolt would of took up the whole episode. I also think the Binolt's bloodlust should of been increased in the beginning, and because the fight was so fast we didn't get to see Binolt's transformation of character as well as it could of been. But it was still an enjoyable episode!
Jan 20, 2013 8:34 AM

Oct 2011
I'm guessing that this is going to go fairly similar to the Hunter Exam arc where it will feel really fast for the first portion but will eventually slow down and find its way. At least that's what I'm hoping...
Jan 20, 2013 8:59 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode, training episodes aren't usually this good. I'm glad they didn't drag it on.

5/5
Jan 20, 2013 9:57 AM

Jul 2012
Woooow, too fast o.O the first episode of the remake that i didn't like. Much better in the OVAs and the manga.
Jan 20, 2013 9:59 AM

Nov 2010
Mikasa said:
Ajunky said:

who said they aren't?
Yup they are just too damn strong that nobody will go after them.
Jan 20, 2013 11:43 AM
Dec 2012
Looks like the boys have made Bisky rock hard kukuku [Pun #1]

Holy shit why is everything going at lightning speed, the quality of this show has hit rock bottom kukuku [Pun #2]

The greatness of the Yorkshin Arc makes Greed Island very amateurish.
Jan 20, 2013 1:36 PM

Oct 2011
Great episode as always. This ED always manages to put a smile on my face.

People complain about the fast pace compared to the original, but as someone who hasn't seen the original OVA or read the manga, I think it's fine.
Jan 20, 2013 2:27 PM

Apr 2009
Gormars said:
Fun episode as always!

Can't add anything to this; doesn't get any more true :P

Jan 20, 2013 2:38 PM

Jan 2012
Another 5/5 episode. Loved the fighting in this episode. Killua is so coooool:D
Jan 20, 2013 2:59 PM
Oct 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
Mikasa said:
Ajunky said:

who said they aren't?
Ha, I see. I guess I had the wrong impression.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 20, 2013 4:42 PM

Jul 2012
it was a good episode but Ughh i want to Hurt the person that is making the show go sooo Fast lol :)
Jan 20, 2013 6:14 PM
Nov 2012
Ajunky said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Mikasa said:
Ajunky said:

who said they aren't?
Ha, I see. I guess I had the wrong impression.

If you go back to earlier episodes, you'll see that Killua's goal is to become a Blacklist Hunter and capture and sell off his family.
Jan 20, 2013 9:45 PM

Jun 2012
Really good episode, i loved gons face when killua got slapped, its funny every time xD

Really like this so far, i have extremely high expectations for this show, perhaps too high. I dont want to read ahead with this though for some reason, I happily read ahead with one piece but reading this just doesn't feel the same for some reason.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Jan 20, 2013 10:05 PM

Nov 2012
jimbob1141 said:
Really good episode, i loved gons face when killua got slapped, its funny every time xD

Really like this so far, i have extremely high expectations for this show, perhaps too high. I dont want to read ahead with this though for some reason, I happily read ahead with one piece but reading this just doesn't feel the same for some reason.

Yea, I actually suggest you don't read ahead since you'll just feel really offended with the Anime producers breezing through some scenes which you want to see in motion with greater or at least equal tension as the Manga. They make it seem like this is a joke with the extreme pacing. Maybe just watching the Anime for now will do more good.
Jan 21, 2013 7:01 AM

Jul 2010
-MgZ_ said:
leokiko said:
The pacing on the episode was still fast, but not underwhelming like the last one. In another words: Excellent episode.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Jan 21, 2013 7:51 AM

Jul 2011
Fast paced, great episode.
Jan 21, 2013 11:09 AM

Aug 2012
Why is Hunter X Hunter so fucking good ?
Jan 21, 2013 11:11 AM

Mar 2012
One of my favorite part of Greed Island training phase, and im happy that they didn't fck it up.
Jan 21, 2013 12:46 PM

Nov 2011
Acropyre said:
Why is Hunter X Hunter so fucking good ?

Yoshihiro Togashi wrote it, that's why it's so fucking good lol.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Dec 17, 2011

108 by Nerdason »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Panaru - Dec 10, 2011

214 by Nerdason »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kamuki - Dec 3, 2011

148 by Nerdason »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

fishergirl16 - Nov 26, 2011

122 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2011

125 by Nerdason »»
Yesterday, 3:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.