Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 16, 2015 6:10 PM

Nov 2014
Awesome movie, but again CGI moments ruins everything

Aug 16, 2015 10:01 AM

Mar 2014
The movie was good enough for its content. Many scenes were left out like, the assassination of the queen, the attempt to poison Griffith and his murderous gaze at the minister, which was creepy yet awesome in the manga. Plus, the short fight between Griffith and Guts could be analyzed more, in terms of their strategy. However it was a 90 minutes movie so something had to go I guess, I cannot complain.

I especially liked Guts fight with the battalion, his scenes with Casca and the sex scene between Griffith and Charlotte, which portrayed excellently Griffith's emotional state.
Sep 13, 2015 11:31 AM

Aug 2009
As someone that hasn't read the manga and also hasn't watched the original TV anime, I thought this was a VERY good movie.
Action was great, animation was even better. Yes, this movie moved fast, but it wasn't hard to follow and it's very interesting. It definitely manages to hold my attention.

Really looking forward to the third movie now. The preview was very disturbing.
Dec 22, 2015 1:32 PM

Jan 2015
This is where Griffith became Darker ... When Guts whooped his Ass, he always thought he was stronger then him just because their first battle Griffith won ....
Jan 17, 2016 4:54 PM

Mar 2010
This looked even more laggy than the first, I enjoyed it and all but since its a movie it was a huge rush to the end.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 18, 2016 1:55 PM

Mar 2014
This movie made it pretty clear why CGI was used, it would be pretty much impossible to portray the scale of the battles, not to mention the HORSES. Did any of you ever try to animate a horse? Or dozens of them riding into battle?

Not saying the CGI is good but at least try to understand what they were going for. That being said I don't really agree with using the CGI outside of the battles, like the king giving his speech and everything.

In enjoyed it, the preview for the next movie looked epic (and crazy)
Jul 21, 2016 5:29 PM
May 2010
To be honest, I think that the movies were intended to be a updated version of the anime, or rather, possibly just be fanservicey in terms of what it shows, awesome battles, gratuitous violence, etc. and since I'm from the future, it was perhaps a herald of things to come as the new Berserk that starts from the manga's start has started airing. Whether it will cover the entire manga, or up to a certain point, and skip over the golden age since it's been covered in anime and the three movies, or if it ends up redoing all of it has yet to be seen. I still find it enjoyable, although I did find myself going "WHAT!?" a few times, though, I do think that to condense the story, a lot of things had to be cut down and, most likely, monetary issues lie at the heart of many things, but as has been mentioned, animating movement is expensive, animating the movement of a lot of things is outright ridiculous.
Aug 15, 2016 7:38 PM

Jan 2016
Well damn that sex scene is waaay more detailed in this than the anime.

and wow i thought the king had normal daughter-complex but this nigga really wants dat pussy

LauraBirdie said:
This movie made it pretty clear why CGI was used, it would be pretty much impossible to portray the scale of the battles, not to mention the HORSES. Did any of you ever try to animate a horse? Or dozens of them riding into battle?

Wtf are you talkin about lmao they already animated battles and "HORSES" in the Original anime and it was 10x better
Mr_ShnbAug 15, 2016 7:43 PM
Aug 16, 2016 1:35 PM

Mar 2014
Mr_Shnb said:
Well damn that sex scene is waaay more detailed in this than the anime.

and wow i thought the king had normal daughter-complex but this nigga really wants dat pussy

LauraBirdie said:

Wtf are you talkin about lmao they already animated battles and "HORSES" in the Original anime and it was 10x better

In case you've got your nostalgia glassed on, the horses hardly moved in de old anime. Look at episode 15 and 16 , there's only a handful of scenes in which the horses actually MOVE, and most of the time we either see only the riders or the horses legs. I absolutely LOVE 2D animation, but that does NOT look better than the cgi here
Aug 27, 2016 9:34 PM

Jan 2014
The gay undertones between Griffith and Guts was strong, especially when he needed to have "hate sex" with the girl because he was so distraught about him leaving and imagined Guts the entire time... So much angst... So many misunderstandings... Damn it! You both mean a lot to each other! I didn't think Griffith would lose his reason to live like that but I guess Guts meant more to him than I originally thought. If only he had known he left because he wanted to become his equal and be considered his friend.
Nov 1, 2016 1:45 PM

Apr 2012
Just started the Berserk franchise, and i thought the movie was great but you can really tell they omitted a lot of things especially when they defeated the Tudor. There seems to be a past between Tudor and Griffith, and it was largely glossed through. Can't wait to start on the manga after the 3rd movie.

Nov 9, 2016 7:50 AM

Dec 2015
Watching Guts annihilate 100 men is the best thing I've seen in quite a while.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 20, 2017 10:44 PM

May 2016
This movie was gold~ From the 100-man slaying to the Doldrey Siege, it managed to recreate the splendor I felt throughout the original and added in a bit of entertaining content like the dance scene and Farnesse, Serpico, Azan and Puck's cameos.

Guts found out about the dreaded period lol

They left out Zod's assist and Griffith's sex trade with the Governor but I really didn't mind it much.

If only Guts didn't wander off... That's one graphic sex scene that I'll remember for ages to come. It'll be hard to eclipse over this one :o

Aug 29, 2017 9:33 AM

Dec 2015
Well, well, well... what have we here? Same as before? Almost:
- again, everything is reduced to the quintessential trio of heroes, removing several sub-intrigues (though they are kind of mentioned, leading sometimes to weird things: Griffith being seen as a menace but only once the target of an assasination), a useless flashback and a good deal of dialogues (and secondary characters actions, even Zodd whose blade gift wasn't relevant to the central story anyway),
- triple little guest-starring (nice surprise),
- a few scenes were really well directed, especially once all the slaughters were over (yes, I include the "relief" sex scene even if it used quite a simple way of telling)
- still the same disjointed series of "acts" as before
- but the movie closes in a better way than it opened (compared to the previous movie too),
- even more 3DCGI scenes and some movements for them look very choppy,
- they are now used for a lot of close-up shots (for no real reason, since the characters are still),
- I probably forgot a few things.

Enjoyment: 3/5
Score: 5.5+/10
Aug 29, 2019 1:18 PM

Apr 2016
This second film is less beautiful than the first. Unfortunately, they have omitted different parts that should have been adapted and is really a pity. Moreover, they've changed some parts and that wasn't really good.
Nov 6, 2019 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
I only came here to say that griffith has a dick.
He didnt even have one in the manga. (at least i dont remember)
10/10 would look at griffiths dick again.

爆ぜろリアル!
弾けろシナプス!
バニッシュメント・ディス・ワールド !

Apr 15, 2020 11:17 AM

May 2016
A lot of CG this episode. Two battles and the dance. The animation is well done overall, but I didn't like the art in particular. (Movie 1 was so long ago I forgot what it looked like). I really like the dance scene. The movements, the SHADOWS. Oh, for once, shadows move in anime.
Apr 2, 2021 2:34 AM
Sep 2019
Honestly the 2d animation with mixed CGI was pretty good. I didn't think that it will live up in my expectations. It's even better than the TV Series itself. It's just you guys berserk fans can't accept the fact the it was CG in the most part. You should appreciate how good it was done. Just like the Titan CG from AoT: Final Season. Overall I rate this part 9/10. Very well made indeed. Y'all need to stop crying, bruh.
Oct 14, 2023 5:14 PM
Oct 2023
This was really good and it explained a lot of the story, Guts was going absolutely Berserk on each battlefield he went to and that was pretty fucking amazing. I can't wait to watch the third movie!
Apr 16, 9:27 PM
Mar 2020
Really liked this movie. Not good as a first time watch, but for the play-by-play from a brand new watcher, this was speedy and got the job done.

Griffith is a punk bitch, even more so than the original 1997 version portrayed him to be. The Hawks had everything: Fame, glory, and noble status, and this idiot throws it away for some 16-year-old puss. Was he really so weak as to let Guts leaving depress him to this point? Was his end goal to obtain the kingdom, or to do what he did at the end of the arc? I really cannot get a read on how someone so supposedly perfect could do something like that. But I guess that's Guts' question too. Yes, should Guts have said goodbye or asked him whether they were friends? For sure. But what was it about Guts leaving that made Griffith break? And for those who wonder why this happened, imagine if you were the king and it was your daughter?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» “Memorial Edition” TV edit announced

ItzElite - Jun 20, 2022

11 by Obahoru »»
Aug 10, 2022 5:21 AM

» Anyone know anything about Berserk Golden Age Arc II & III?

dvsgrace - Jan 15, 2013

27 by EvenJellyOn »»
Apr 9, 2015 7:34 AM

» Berserk Movie II: the Battle for Doldrey --- not subbed yet? D:

TheMail - Nov 16, 2012

48 by Strife91 »»
Jan 13, 2013 6:52 PM

» Is my player lagging?

Wilio - Dec 24, 2012

2 by AironicallyHuman »»
Dec 27, 2012 1:22 PM

» 6.23.12 Release?

ghritke - Jun 23, 2012

13 by Blacksatanman666 »»
Oct 21, 2012 11:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.