Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 25, 2012 11:40 PM

Aug 2010
Interesting story of how those two became friends.
Oct 26, 2012 12:06 AM

Jan 2011
heh guess i wasn't wrong when i noticed a mix of fangirl-service from the ED and random pictures around the net

better to get that out of the way now while telling a interesting backstory lol
Oct 26, 2012 1:30 AM

Dec 2011
Yoshino sure is devious despite his innocent face. Hahaha.
Nice to finally see how they met.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2012 1:41 AM

Jun 2012
Funny thing about this show is it's on the lower end of my priority shows to watch when it comes out but as I'm watching it I get deeply engrossed and think" why did I put off watching this week's episode?"

That was especially the case this episode with the backstory of our protagonists and how they met. I like how they both talk about how far they've gotten because of their dependence on each other.
Oct 26, 2012 2:13 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
As always, the music is excellent.
Damn, Yoshino is thorough. I would've said "sorry bro, couldn't find anything" instead of going Sherlock and actually doing the research.
Anyway, it's nice to know how they met, says a lot about both of their characters.
Next episode looks like it'll be great.
Oct 26, 2012 3:27 AM
Feb 2008
This show seemed to turn out better than expected. Could have gone without the fanservice though.
Oct 26, 2012 3:41 AM

Sep 2012
I thought the Kurotetsubyo (Black Iron Disease) only afflicts human. So it was a surprise to me to see only chicken (which is not even a mammal) turned into iron as well. So what kind of animal is affected by the disease? Chicken are affected but not butterflies..... And near the end of the episode it is hinted that most of the insects are also affected?

symbvOct 26, 2012 4:18 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 26, 2012 5:35 AM
Jan 2011
*sigh* The person who put Aika's information on MAL list is either a Aika x Mahiro shipper or hasn't clearly read the raws. Or both.

This episode was filler and the preview shows that probably half of the next episode will be filler too.
And the person who was with Aika in the aquarium during the preview is Yoshino, not Mahiro.
Oct 26, 2012 5:43 AM

Jun 2008
Matheine said:

MAL - Aika Character description page :

Who came up with that conclusion?

@Konja6

I believe that spoiler is somehow correct. In the beggining of the manga, didnt she

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 26, 2012 5:58 AM

Jul 2008
Lestat84 said:
Does anyone know if this is gonna be one of those retarded two season or short series? if it is i'm dropping it immediately. I still can't get over Guilty Crown lol.

99% of Anime these days don't last longer than two cours (~24 ep's) per season run. You may as well stop watching Anime altogether.
Oct 26, 2012 6:07 AM

Apr 2011
Oct 26, 2012 6:10 AM

Jan 2008
Loved the backstory. :)
Oct 26, 2012 6:31 AM

May 2011
Their past was hilarious and interesting. 5/5!
Oct 26, 2012 7:20 AM

Sep 2012
Somehow in the flashback of how Yoshida met Mahiro, Aika was nowhere to be seen. Does it mean that she did not go to the same school as Mahiro, since otherwise the limo that brought Mahiro to school should carry Aika as well ?
Also does it mean Yoshida never met Aika in primary school?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 26, 2012 7:34 AM
Sep 2012
This shit is better than JoJo.
All da manliness poses in JoJo are fking lame as hell and they made me want to puke. the fights in JoJo were also fking bad, it's like no brain fight, fights between retards. And the mc's stupidity never ceases to amaze me.
Oct 26, 2012 7:45 AM

Sep 2012
azbc1209 said:
This shit is better than JoJo.
All da manliness poses in JoJo are fking lame as hell and they made me want to puke. the fights in JoJo were also fking bad, it's like no brain fight, fights between retards. And the mc's stupidity never ceases to amaze me.
Posting in a Zetsuen thread mainly to bash JoJo is kind of lame though.

Oct 26, 2012 8:29 AM

Mar 2011
Nice episode
The background story was really well done and nice
They are made for each other and I like Yoshino personality
Next episode looks great
Oct 26, 2012 8:39 AM
Jan 2011
Male fanservice? EEEEEEEWWWWWW.
Oct 26, 2012 9:01 AM
May 2012
Can't wait to see what's gonna happen next...
Oct 26, 2012 11:36 AM

Jun 2010
Right, no shounen-ai bait at all.
Oct 26, 2012 11:43 AM

Jan 2012
loved the episode felt pretty laidback
Oct 26, 2012 11:43 AM

Sep 2011
deathxempress said:
Right, no shounen-ai bait at all.
if it was shounen ai bait then yoshino would of been blushing and mahiro would of gotton somewhat embarressed, it was more along the lines og

yoshino"god damn it dude put your clothes on"

plus i think yoshino is too obsessed over aika and mahiro too phycotic for there to be any shounen ai, if anything it will just be shipped heavily by fangirls like tiger and bunny was or madoka, i mean just looking at the creators work not only was their no romance present at all in her series is kind of the give away
JizzyHitlerOct 26, 2012 11:47 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 26, 2012 11:46 AM

Jun 2010
A nice episode. The first part reminded me how people complained about the characters being indifferent to all the people dying (turning metal). This episode proved what I suspected all along - there was too much action going on for Yoshino to show that previously, but he actually does care. Even Mahiro does a little bit, in his own Jerk With A Heart of Gold-ish way.

The second part was also nice. Little Yoshino could wear glasses and call himself Conan, nobody would notice the difference. It was anime original (as will be parts of the next ep I think?) but I have no complaints.
Oct 26, 2012 1:22 PM

Dec 2011
Backstory. Yay. Can we move on now?

The backstory stuff was clearly to establish their friendship. Anyone who seriously thinks that this is shounen ai needs to get their head out of their ass.

Oct 26, 2012 2:15 PM
Jan 2011
it was a little gay, but if girls can tolerate all the fanservice for guys, then i'll do my part.

mahiro seems to be the most interesting character, besides the red hair girl, and that red hair guy that kicked her out of the clan. yoshino feels like your every day main character from other anime just with a little courage/confidence. in other words, i find him boring. he's boring, but i don't hate him.

but if there is a character i hate, it's that girl yoshino has on his phone. her purpose better not be for a love triangle, i hate that crap. and it sucks that this is mahiro's entire motivation. unless he really does want to save the world. and what the heck is yoshino's motivation? he just wants to help his friend?
Oct 26, 2012 2:19 PM

Sep 2011
Got to see the past. Was pretty good; even though, it went out of the whole fruit stuff pretty much, but was good nonetheless.
Oct 26, 2012 2:23 PM

Apr 2011
Great backstory between the two so they are friends in a weird way.
Oct 26, 2012 3:24 PM

Sep 2012
If males are dropping this show or complaining because they saw a naked dude, then that's a shame, and kinda ridiculous tbh. Have you never been in a gym changing room before? Man-ass everywhere.

The backstory was cute. Hakaze appears to be very perceptive, I found it rather attractive. Can't wait for next week.
Wild_BoyOct 26, 2012 3:29 PM
Oct 26, 2012 3:30 PM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
Yoshino is by far the most interesting character I think and why do people always fucking interpret so much into it? They're friends, really good friends. Just because of a touch or seeing someone naked doesn't make them a fucking couple. Yoshino already is in love with someone, or was like he has said himself.
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Oct 26, 2012 4:06 PM

Nov 2011
I find it really ridiculous how people assume that two close guy friends are automatically gay and have some deep homosexual love for eachother.
Walking in on someone =/= being in love w/ them.... it wasn't intentional okay yall need 2 stop.

Anyways, pretty laid back episode. I still find this show kind of weird with like the giant floating eye and butterflies and a metal people and stuff but I'll wait and see where it goes. :-)
魔法少女グレイシー
Oct 26, 2012 4:38 PM

Mar 2012
Anybody else feel that Yoshino's hair looked better when he was a kid?

Its the same with that blond guy from Psycho Pass. Whats up with the clips?
My blog: http://ankokuryuumugen.wordpress.com/

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ankokuryuumugen&sclick=1]
Oct 26, 2012 6:33 PM

Jan 2010
ankokuryuumugen said:
Anybody else feel that Yoshino's hair looked better when he was a kid?

Its the same with that blond guy from Psycho Pass. Whats up with the clips?

The reason why he is wearing it because.....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2012 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
Great backstory episode. I seriously don't remember reading this part in the manga though. Yeah, some fanservice for females especially lol. Haha Yoshino's 'payback' was pure genius. He seriously is gonna shine heaps later.

Hakaze is so cute. Wow, I can't get enough of Miyuki Sawashiro's voice. Too good.
Next episode looks great, back to the action and the plot thickens.
Oct 26, 2012 7:57 PM

Feb 2012
@Mahiro's naked body: Woah ho ho ho./shot
Before i found out what fanservice was i'd assume this was normal and for the sake of dramatics. Now i can't stop thinking "female fanservice!"

Anyway, great back story episode. Since the moment the odd pair was introduced, i'd been curious as to how their friendship came to be. Pretty amusing how it did.

TheDrifter said:
it was a little gay, but if girls can tolerate all the fanservice for guys, then i'll do my part.
That is very noble of you, lol.
Oct 26, 2012 9:29 PM

Aug 2011
WTF? Good characterization/backstory episode gets lower approval rating than actiony episodes?

*facepalms the world*
Oct 27, 2012 12:13 AM

Feb 2012
Liked this episode~

Liked how they became friends too :D
Oct 27, 2012 1:51 AM

Sep 2008
Really nice background explanation episode.
Oct 27, 2012 2:33 AM

Oct 2012
Seeing a naked guy in an anime would be the same as seeing a naked girl in an anime. To be honest, I'm tired of seeing so much bath scenes involving a girl with barely any clothing on so this is something refreshing to me, in a way.

Somehow.
Oct 27, 2012 2:41 AM
May 2012
Shyolk said:
Seeing a naked guy in an anime would be the same as seeing a naked girl in an anime. To be honest, I'm tired of seeing so much bath scenes involving a girl with barely any clothing on so this is something refreshing to me, in a way.

Somehow.

so you prefer bathing scenes of girls with clothes on?^^
Oct 27, 2012 3:26 AM

Feb 2012
Nice episode, it was good to learn something about their pasts.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Oct 27, 2012 3:43 AM

Jul 2010
Nayrael said:
Lestat84 said:
Does anyone know if this is gonna be one of those retarded two season or short series? if it is i'm dropping it immediately. I still can't get over Guilty Crown lol.

99% of Anime these days don't last longer than two cours (~24 ep's) per season run. You may as well stop watching Anime altogether.

agree. the mentality of Lestat84 sure is need of enlightenment.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 27, 2012 3:49 AM

Oct 2012
Raphow said:
Shyolk said:

Somehow.

so you prefer bathing scenes of girls with clothes on?^^

Nope, I wasn't trying to imply anything like that.
HerohomOct 27, 2012 3:54 AM
Oct 27, 2012 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
That was nice background story.
Oct 27, 2012 5:17 AM

Jul 2011
Nice flashback. Next episode promises.

5/5
Oct 27, 2012 6:42 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, a lot of questions have been answered.
Next episode will have action and will introduce another girl (who apparently likes to eat according to the OP).
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 27, 2012 7:04 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
MasterMeNL said:
Next episode will have action and will introduce another girl (who apparently likes to eat according to the OP).

I hope she's not only going to be there for the comedy because that would suck.
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Oct 27, 2012 2:53 PM

Apr 2012
Nice with some insight in Yoshino and Mahior's backstory. I was starting to wonder just how the two of them had ended up becoming friends since Mahiro has this whole superior attitude going.

Other than that, Mahiro's body........ *drools*
Oct 27, 2012 3:21 PM

Jun 2010
MeleDeGame said:
MasterMeNL said:

I hope she's not only going to be there for the comedy because that would suck.

Um... It's a guy...
*bows and walks away awkwardly*
Oct 27, 2012 3:40 PM

Sep 2011
DraconisMarch said:
WTF? Good characterization/backstory episode gets lower approval rating than actiony episodes?

*facepalms the world*
i can guarantee you 100%, its because of the man ass, no im not making a joke i seriously think this got lower rating cause people think this is gonna be a shounen-ai

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 27, 2012 3:55 PM

Jul 2012
I have to stop getting distracted by the insanely hot main characters. u_u No but seriously, Mahiro hot dayum.

Liked the friendship story. Yoshino is pretty funny. Loved the essay presentation. :3 Great episode. 5/5
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

398 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.