Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 30, 2008 12:22 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was really good, I loved all parts of it. Uehara was able to admit her true feelings because of the work of Onizuka.
Dec 19, 2008 3:19 AM

Nov 2007
Nice episode <3

ejm0 said:
this episode makes me sad because i realized that there are only 2 episodes left

Sadly yes ... D:
Dec 19, 2008 11:50 PM

May 2008
I'm actually liking this love story... pretty good. of course onizuka makes it hilarious
Jul 3, 2009 9:56 AM

Mar 2009
Brilliant episode Onizuka is boss.

Jul 14, 2009 6:03 PM
Mar 2008
Unko turned out pretty cute in the end. Wtf with Fuyutsuki sensei loll, she gets that after all she went through.
Aug 27, 2009 2:07 PM

Jan 2008
That 'The Ring' scene was epic! XD Awesome episode.
Sep 4, 2009 5:21 PM

May 2008
Crimsonwill said:
Nice episode <3

ejm0 said:
this episode makes me sad because i realized that there are only 2 episodes left

Sadly yes ... D:
Indeed....

Alicia3000 said:
Brilliant episode Onizuka is boss.
Also Agreed!
Sep 27, 2009 2:31 PM

Jul 2009
this is a awesome episode
Feb 9, 2010 4:43 AM
Jun 2009
Probably one of my favorite episodes. =D
Feb 16, 2010 12:27 AM

Apr 2008
2 eps left..... ;_;

Feb 18, 2010 11:24 PM

Jun 2009
Next 2 episodes are not part of the manga.
they are just fillers made to finish the anime while its in volume 13 of the manga (out of 25 volumes)
Aug 29, 2011 10:16 AM

Jul 2011
I think thats the best episode so far. I hope Anko will admit her true feelings to Yoshikawa, they will make a good couple. Onizuka managed to make Anko admit her feelings but too bad Youshikawa didnt hear her. Nevermind 2 more episodes. Aaah I dont want it to end >.<
Nov 16, 2011 6:35 AM

Jul 2009
Onizuka is a pretty good couplemaker, and he even 'takes one for them'. Willingly or not.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Dec 27, 2011 10:04 PM

May 2010
He actually punched him...

Kikuchi should've went with Kanzaki.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 1, 2012 4:05 PM

Nov 2011
Aug 8, 2012 8:50 AM

Sep 2010
Great episode. Amuro come to GTO

after all what happened in my life, I finally realized.
God never say a thing. And God's silence has nothing to do with life or death.
Aug 14, 2012 6:28 PM

Aug 2008
liked this episode, shame no Kanzaki x Kickuchi :*(
Aug 16, 2012 1:41 PM

Jul 2011
LOL@ Yoshikawa hitting Onizuka with a rock!

That was actually nice, but I still don't like Anko.

Yoshikawa's getting nicer by the episode. XD
Aug 30, 2012 11:28 AM

Jul 2012
I rly hope Anko confess to Yoshikawa, and he turns her down.

He has tried to commit suicide 2(or is it 3) times cus of that girl! I rly hope he says no to her
O'Hai :D
Oct 25, 2012 11:15 PM

Jun 2012
Jeller said:

He has tried to commit suicide 2(or is it 3) times cus of that girl! I rly hope he says no to her

Here's a question:

If you woke up one day to find the person you hate the most had suddenly changed their personality completely, would you befriend them, or would you still continue to hate them for what they did in the past?

The answer to that question is the difference between justified hatred and pointless grudges.

If someone who tried to kill you in the past is now genuinely trying to be your friend, the only thing remaining of their old personality is their face. If that's unforgivable, then perhaps you're the one at fault.

I'd encourage Anko x Yoshikawa more than anything. If he were to reject her, Anko would just go back to the way she was before, and Yoshikawa would never get over it. A friendly relationship would be better for both of them. If you can't support that, you have no right to judge someone's character.

People should be judged on how they behave in the present, not the past. The past can't be changed, so there's no point in shaming someone for it. People can't fix the past, but they can fix the present, and anyone who prevents others from doing so should be ashamed of themselves.

This might be an anime, but that's besides the point; Anko has not only stopped picking on Yoshikawa, but she is standing up for him, and you still can't get over what she did 30 episodes ago. Anko is doing the right thing, I support her 100%.

I'm not just making this up, by the way. I speak from experience. There was someone in my high school who infuriated me. We deeply hated each other for years, but as time passed, things changed, and we became friends. We've parted ways since graduation, but since then every time I see someone like you who is eager to hold a grudge, I can't help but respond.
LarasoOct 25, 2012 11:51 PM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Nov 28, 2012 9:03 PM

May 2012
One of the best episodes! Haha.. Onizuka really have the craziest ideas.. He is indeed the Great Teacher Onizuka!
Jan 4, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2011
lakisa said:
liked this episode, shame no Kanzaki x Kickuchi :*(

You are just shipping them because they're both smart, but I say Onizuka make a better match for Kanzaki

But this episode... How Evangelion should've ended should be it's name

Only 2 episodes!? Fillers!? WTF!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 19, 2013 4:43 PM

Jan 2012
Anko actually confessed...wow. Good job Yoshikawa.

Apr 6, 2013 12:04 PM

May 2012
Really great setup from Onizuka to get Anko to realise and confess her love for Yoshikawa! Lets see what happens next!
Apr 7, 2013 2:02 AM

Jan 2013
Nice confession.
Maybe there will be a kiss.
Jun 25, 2013 9:36 AM

Sep 2012
Laraso said:
The answer to that question is the difference between justified hatred and pointless grudges.

If someone who tried to kill you in the past is now genuinely trying to be your friend, the only thing remaining of their old personality is their face. If that's unforgivable, then perhaps you're the one at fault.
Just... wow.

Someone TORTURES and makes you TRY TO COMMIT SUICIDE, and that's a "pointless grudge"? Really? Really?

I... I can't... it... it burns... someone please shove an ice-pick into my brain to match how I feel right now. There can't be a real, live human being on the planet who actually thinks that way. Your post has to be a troll. If not... I can only smirk at what happens to you after what you'd have to say to a rape victim.
UnculturedWhiteyJun 25, 2013 9:40 AM
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Jul 3, 2013 5:21 AM
Apr 2008
Laraso said:
It's been nearly a year since I wrote that post, so I don't really remember what I was thinking at the time, but after reviewing my post it looks like I got bored browsing through the posts and decided to pick one at random and criticize it, hence the multiple paragraph response to a short post.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Aww, come on, you shouldn't have said that; that was a really dope message reminiscent of what Great Teacher Onizuka would say.

UnculturedWhitey is really a child to believe what he/she does—hard to believe he/she watched and enjoyed GTO. Remember Onizuka student-teaching before he found out he really loved to teach? Give him a chance at reforming and he becomes the greatest teacher who ever lived, saving and inspiring many people.

People deserve another chance if they are truly remorseful; we all make mistakes.
Jul 3, 2013 8:15 PM

May 2010
UnculturedWhitey said:

I... I can't... it... it burns... someone please shove an ice-pick into my brain to match how I feel right now. There can't be a real, live human being on the planet who actually thinks that way. Your post has to be a troll. If not... I can only smirk at what happens to you after what you'd have to say to a rape victim.

Laraso may be claiming to be partially trolling, but I honest to god do actually think that way. The past is over, the present is now. Why hate someone that doesn't exist anymore?

If the only reason is for your own sake, that's one thing. It can be truly hard to forgive someone and it might not be worth the effort. That's why I won't walk up to a rape victim and say "get over it you whiny bitch". Well, that and the fact that I prefer not to get the shit beaten out of me.

But if you genuinely believe that nobody deserves forgiveness for their sins, that every person who has done a bad thing is a bad person, then that's something else entirely. That's you conflating your petty desires for revenge with righteousness.
“Money can't buy dere”
Sep 19, 2013 12:19 PM

Jul 2013
Laraso said:
UnculturedWhitey said:

Half troll, half serious. If you're a rape victim, yeah, sure, you're going to have problems.

The serious part:

Laraso said:
There was someone in my high school who infuriated me. We deeply hated each other for years, but as time passed, things changed, and we became friends.

That's actually true. Everything else was fabricated.

I'm kind of weird that way. I'm drawn to conflict and I love to argue, so I sometimes play devils advocate just to give me something to argue about, even if it's outlandish. This often backfires on the internet, where many people perceive me as being completely serious, hence the reason I have the disclaimer in my signature.

It's been nearly a year since I wrote that post, so I don't really remember what I was thinking at the time, but after reviewing my post it looks like I got bored browsing through the posts and decided to pick one at random and criticize it, hence the multiple paragraph response to a short post.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Old post but still. Frankly sad that you stop playing "devil's advocate" as soon as someone raises their voice against you, that's not really playing the role to me. If you love to argue, I don't see why you wouldn't just continue and argue your point...
NtaigSep 19, 2013 12:40 PM
Oct 18, 2013 2:27 PM

Nov 2012
Hahaha, lol Onizuka now playing matchmaker! And still ends up in a hilarious climax!

Definitely one of my favorite episodes in GTO!

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Nov 5, 2013 1:03 AM
Sep 2013
Onizuka's plan on making Anko confess was awesome.. :D

2 episodes left T_T
Nov 5, 2013 9:11 PM

Sep 2008
This was a good arc.
Nov 5, 2013 11:38 PM

Jun 2012
TheOtherJN said:
Seabury said:
Ntaig said:

Yeah, usually I'm not that spineless. I don't know why I went back on what I said so easily in this case, because I really did mean everything I wrote. I'm really disappointed in myself.

__
LarasoNov 10, 2014 5:14 AM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Nov 12, 2013 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
I was very surprised by the reference to The Thing hahaha

Awesome episode!
Jan 14, 2014 12:26 AM

Mar 2012
Thank god this arc is over. This whole Anko x Yoshikawa was just painful to watch.
Mar 14, 2014 4:22 PM

Oct 2013
Loved this episode and the the vacation arc was great !!!
[/quote]
Jul 19, 2014 1:21 AM

May 2012
I know it's a comedy so I'm probably taking it too seriously but even if it was amusing to watch, the pairing of Anko and Yoshikawa really bothers me. The simple truth is that if Onizuka wasn't around, Anko and her friends would've driven him to suicide. I'm not saying that Yoshikawa shouldn't forgive her no matter what because that varies from person to person but she should be seriously remorseful. Instead it's almost as if Yoshikawa is somehow unworthy of her when it's the complete opposite.
gettogaaraJul 19, 2014 11:23 PM
Aug 5, 2014 10:10 AM

Jun 2012
Laraso said:
Jeller said:

Here's a question:

If you woke up one day to find the person you hate the most had suddenly changed their personality completely, would you befriend them, or would you still continue to hate them for what they did in the past?

I'd encourage Anko x Yoshikawa more than anything. If he were to reject her, Anko would just go back to the way she was before, and Yoshikawa would never get over it. A friendly relationship would be better for both of them. If you can't support that, you have no right to judge someone's character.

People should be judged on how they behave in the present, not the past. The past can't be changed, so there's no point in shaming someone for it. People can't fix the past, but they can fix the present, and anyone who prevents others from doing so should be ashamed of themselves.

This might be an anime, but that's besides the point; Anko has not only stopped picking on Yoshikawa, but she is standing up for him, and you still can't get over what she did 30 episodes ago. Anko is doing the right thing, I support her 100%.

I'm not just making this up, by the way. I speak from experience. There was someone in my high school who infuriated me. We deeply hated each other for years, but as time passed, things changed, and we became friends. We've parted ways since graduation, but since then every time I see someone like you who is eager to hold a grudge, I can't help but respond.
Aug 5, 2014 7:43 PM

Feb 2014
I really liked this episode, Onizuka is epic as usual!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Nov 8, 2014 9:38 PM

May 2011
Can't help but feel the tsun in this one. Yay! Although I worry for the end. Considering the fact that only 2 more episodes remain, guess they couldn't cover on Miyabi...I really wanted to see how Onizuka reform her.
(Seems like Fuyutsuki-chan really saw Sadako...Cannot play with horror so easily, okay?)
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Nov 20, 2014 4:20 AM

Dec 2013
I really didn't expect those punks to be Onizuka and his henchmen. I was totally fooled and was like wtf is up with that guy's crazy moves
Dec 9, 2014 2:25 PM
Jul 2014
Awesome episode. It's a shame that this couple will never be canon because GTO always seems to wrap things up without it being fully fulfilled. The way the episode ended made it seem like that's the last we will see of anything related to their relationship.
Mar 23, 2015 6:30 PM

Sep 2010
As soon as he started talking I knew that was Onizuka. xD

Gundam nerds are funny Urumi does look like Sayla with the blond hair
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 3, 2015 3:35 AM
Nov 2014
Awesome episode, 2 more to go!
Aug 18, 2015 11:35 PM

Nov 2011
SenseiBanzai said:
Next 2 episodes are not part of the manga.
they are just fillers made to finish the anime while its in volume 13 of the manga (out of 25 volumes)

Thank you for this post, I wish I had known this earlier and not subject myself to the mess that was the next two episodes.
Apr 9, 2016 4:03 PM

Sep 2015
Nice episode. The only drawback is that with the whole Anko story we got less of Urumi and also less of potential OnizukaxFuyutsuki.

Only 2 episodes left is sad, especially if they are lower quality. (Don't know about that yet, but writing up to usual quality is not an easy task without manga source material.)

One of the rare times where I consider picking up the manga after finishing the anime.
Apr 12, 2016 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
Another cute episode. I knew Uehara was just being tsun all along xP
Apr 22, 2016 11:19 AM

Jan 2016
Kanzaki and those Otakus are just fuckin GOLD LMAO xD
May 29, 2016 10:35 AM

May 2016
Episode was good. The relationship has been build. Still only where onizuka gets screentime the show starts being funny as hell.
Aug 24, 2016 4:37 PM

Sep 2013
Excellent episode and a nice conclusion to the Okinawa storyline. The preview makes the next episode look like it will be pretty intense!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notestinet - Aug 25, 2008

302 by CoreFinder »»
Apr 27, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 28, 2008

96 by CoreFinder »»
Apr 25, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

notestinet - Aug 17, 2008

176 by SametTakao »»
Apr 24, 7:14 PM

» What are the chances for a full remake?

xONLYINHUMANx - Apr 8

16 by F4i53 »»
Apr 15, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 42 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Oct 30, 2008

48 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 13, 1:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.