Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 9, 2012 2:41 AM

Sep 2010
I'm glad I watched another episode of this show.

This episode was much better than 1st one, nice development.

But I hate that bitch of a vice principle. >.<

4/5
Jul 9, 2012 2:43 AM

Jun 2010
That vice president is so annoying... But then again, there is surely a reason for being so much against Konatsu.
Jul 9, 2012 2:50 AM

Aug 2011
arrozykamehameha said:
By the way...
How come that she needs at least 5 people to make her choir club and the other guy is in the badminton club just by himself?

Because choir is more than one person singing together. Taichi can train and practice by using the wall, like he usually does, but I think that's going to change in episode 3.

I got trolled by this episode way too much. xD The ass slap, manservice and performance were the highlight of the episode, and I love how Wakana and Konatsu interact with each other. I think Sawa grew on me more than in the last episode, even if this is only the second; they all actually act like normal teenagers, and not crappy stereotypes.

I think the bitch teacher was friends with Wakana's mom when they were younger (in the OP when those girls are in the hall), and somehow turned into a bitch when they got older. It's probably why the principal agreed to let Konatsu have the club after seeing Wakana's paper thing. Thinking about it, I can't wait for the next episode now.

xzomega said:
that nico vid! http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm18254765

That's just...LOL. I can't believe someone actually posted that. xD

Jul 9, 2012 3:15 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
LOL goddammit they totally trolled me with that bath shot of Makoto. As for this episode, I found the music aspect far nicer than I expected; and also the general development of the characters.

Looking forward to more.
Jul 9, 2012 3:47 AM

Aug 2008
Konatsu and Sawa have such lovely voices :)
Jul 9, 2012 3:53 AM

Oct 2009
Thanks P.A. Works! Nice ending and nice episode!
Jul 9, 2012 3:59 AM

Sep 2010
The end. It was only 2 episodes, but it was great.
Huh? That wasn't the end?
Jul 9, 2012 4:24 AM

Feb 2012
xMusicMohawk said:
PsychoKitteh said:
I hate that teacher.

Yeah, what a cunt :l it's like she enjoys getting in their way

Probably the main antagonist of the series but there's no need to hate. If it wasn't for her, this series could've been a bad school series. I guess there's a reason why there's always gonna be an opposing character/s.

Anyways. It was Awesome. Loved that singing and finally Konatsu's dream was granted.

5/5
Jul 9, 2012 4:37 AM
Apr 2012
The development of the club was faster than I expected. But that's ok, cos I was more interested in seeing the two boys join the club compared to the other side characters anyway.

The megane teacher is a bit too strict with the kids though. I wonder if she's married??
Jul 9, 2012 4:39 AM

Jul 2009
Good ep, it felt a little too fast though with the rehearsal coming up so soon after they made the choir. I thought this ep would be all about practicing and bonding.
4/5
Jul 9, 2012 5:23 AM
Oct 2010
chanotek said:
Am I the only one who likes Sawa a whole lot more than Konatsu?
I mean Konatsu is fine, but I seem to like Sawa more. Favorite character is still Wein though.
Well, I dunno if I like Sawa more than Konatsu, but she's quite lovable too, and a really great friend.

BTW, there's quite likely a good story behind the vice president's attitude. Konatsu hits one of her nerves just too well. I wouldn't be surprised if she was once like Konatsu and had suffered a great deception for being naive or something like that... And there's also the obvious connection between she, Wakana's mom and that song Konatsu chose... Anyway, let's wait and see what's it all about.
AjunkyJul 9, 2012 7:52 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 9, 2012 5:30 AM

Jun 2011
It was a good episode but enjoyed it slightly less because i was sat there thinking where did all the inbetween go because that seemed like quite the jump. Also turns out its not her last chance and is just the begining, the cute short girl lied to us =/

Btw this is completely random but in the OP when the 5 of them are running together with episode 2 time from 1:12 - 1:26 that is pretty much the formation and way it played out when the Fairy Tail team charged Hades, they even grab Konatsu when she stumbles and pull her forward like they did with Natsu though they threw Natsu and then had the 2 front ones kick him forward in Fairy Tail. Just a random thought cause i cant stop seeing it everytime i watch the OP.
Also yes i know the fight against Hades sucked and had a sucky end.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 9, 2012 5:49 AM
Feb 2008
I don't know about this. The song was really lovely but I don't actually enjoy watching cute girls doing cute stuff.
Jul 9, 2012 6:16 AM

Dec 2009
The first ten seconds scares me. What the heck was that? o_o

Great episode otherwise, but it felt a bit rushed. Perhaps this is just meant to be taken as a sort of prologue to the series. Otherwise I'm not sure how to feel.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 9, 2012 6:38 AM

May 2008
Didnt think they were going to be able to sing. In this case how is the two boys going to fit into this situation.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 9, 2012 7:25 AM

Oct 2011
Why that hate o.O
if that teacher would like to make some real troubles for them, she had opportunities
she is just stubborn but seems to be reasonable enough

and episode was fine - also a bit meh like previous one but it moves a bit up
they only need to slow down, as this was real problem here

plus more of Sawa's mother please :)
Jul 9, 2012 8:09 AM

Dec 2011
What an epic failure! Ahahahaahha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2012 8:44 AM

Mar 2010
Still really good, and the art is just in a tier of its own. Good episode, loved the singing at the end! :3
Jul 9, 2012 8:47 AM

Jul 2011
xjakku said:
Still really good, and the art is just in a tier of its own. Good episode, loved the singing at the end! :3

^ this
Jul 9, 2012 9:07 AM

Jan 2010
Wtf why am I enjoying this so much.
Jul 9, 2012 9:14 AM

Jun 2009
This show looks so good, and Sawa is love. <3
Confusing conversation at the beginning was weird, but Sawa again there. <3
I expected recital to happen by the end of series or at least near half, they sure cut on practising and even recruiting club members, it was a smart decision.
Seems like Badminton-kun doesn't want to play badminton alone anymore, it could be fun if he managed to make the girls join.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 9, 2012 9:50 AM

Apr 2010
That scene at the maternity ward made me day.

Pretty nice to see that Konatsu managed to get on stage but it seems this will only be the start for them and she needs some more thinking on her group.
It seems Sakai has allot on her mind and needs more convincing to stay and sing in the choir it also seems that she is well known in school for a musical ability.
Sawa is a good friend going that far for Konatsu even sitting out of place in the maternity ward enduring the looks of all those woman there.

And Wien seems to have found someone that can help him adept faster to the Japanese culture the changing book part was a great idea.
Jul 9, 2012 9:56 AM

Jul 2010
Fiji said:

Fine, different people have different tastes. Congratulations, now you can spend your time watching things you like and not waste it watching shows you don't like and posting about how much you don't like them on internet message boards! :)

[If you have specifics that you wish to discuss that detract from your enjoyment of the show or questions that, if cleared up, might change your opinion of the show, that is fine. Hate-trolling is not.]

Lirina said:
I don't know about this. The song was really lovely but I don't actually enjoy watching cute girls doing cute stuff.

Well, that isn't really what this is. It is a slice-of-life drama. There are boys too. They have been more in the background up to this point, but it appears that Taichi will step to the fore in the next episode, according to the previews. So far this has been more 'cute girls confronting personal fears' than 'doing cute things'. If the fact that the girls are cute is the problem, I don't know what to tell you. In any form of TV show, you either have cute girls, sexy girls, beautiful girls, or all of the above. (Unless the show is only about boys, but they are unlikely to be uniformly unattractive...)
Marow said:
The first ten seconds scares me. What the heck was that? o_o

Just like in the first episode, we get a glimpse of one of the main characters as a child. The first episode was Sakai playing with her mother, the second was Konatsu dancing to what appears to be her father or grandfather's excercise video.
Marow said:
Great episode otherwise, but it felt a bit rushed. Perhaps this is just meant to be taken as a sort of prologue to the series. Otherwise I'm not sure how to feel.

See my comments at the end, which address this comment... :)

mdz said:
I like the music, but what the fuck is wrong with their faces

Nothing from my perspective. What did you find wrong?

arrozykamehameha said:
I was waiting for the rest of the choir to join in when they arrived.

By the way...
How come that she needs at least 5 people to make her choir club and the other guy is in the badminton club just by himself?

(I was too... thinking they would walk in singing and join in on the 2nd verse or something, like it was planned that way.)

My bet on the batminton club is that it was an existing club that he joined when he was a first year and the club keeps going unless there are no members. A new club has to show sufficient interest in it to warrent formation.

amc9988 said:
And I was right that Sakai has something against music because of her mother, who most probably dead, too predictable.

Well, that much was in the articles about the show when the first PV videos started coming out, so it isn't like it is a big secret. Just because it is a commonly used plot element doesn't automatically make it bad, it all depends on execution. The way that the song was used to introduce the fact that her mother was her musical influence was done extremely well, in my opinion.

holypoop said:
Wtf why am I enjoying this so much.

Because it is really good? Just sayin'... :)

chanotek said:
Am I the only one who likes Sawa a whole lot more than Konatsu?
I mean Konatsu is fine, but I seem to like Sawa more. Favorite character is still Wein though.

I don't know if I like Sawa more than Konatsu, but I absolutely adore her! She is not at all what I expected that character to be from the previews! She is far more spirited and proactive. I expected her, frankly, to be like Nako from Hanasaku Iroha, with Sakai being Minko, and Konatsu being Ohana. As it turned out, that superficial similarity did not predict anything with these characters. Konatsu is nothing like Ohana. While Sakai seems to be abrasive like Minko at first, she is really not. And Sawa is absolutely nothing like Nako. The three characters are really nothing like the Hanasaku Iroho characters with the exception of the fact that they share the same character designer. (Though the original character designers were not the same, just the one doing the production of the anime, who is also the animation director.)

Several people commented on this feeling rushed, which I find hillarious, since most of the time shows like this get knocked for being too slow. This episode totally threw me for a loop! I was also expecting the show to be about the five main characters forming Konatsu's choir in order to sing in this district wide festival. Of course, that wouldn't really be a choir. The fact that they had so many people sign up to be in the group, making it a real choir, was a surpise, as was the fact that they went straight to the district wide concert as opposed to having the show be about practicing to get there. This leaves the rest of the show to explore the characters, their lives, and their friendship as it is brought together by music. The fact that the singing ensemble that will be the primary focus of the show is NOT Konatsu's choir club, but a private thing that comes up after that group has done their concert, never occured to me. Being totally surprised by a slice-of-life show's plot development is a rare event, indeed. Bravo to the writers! :)
Jul 9, 2012 10:15 AM

May 2010
Wtf? at the start but the rest was really good.
Jul 9, 2012 10:41 AM

Oct 2011
Not loving the series quite yet.

Wein is great though!

who are you to change this world? silly boy.
Jul 9, 2012 10:46 AM

Sep 2011
making a shitty character so there would be a reason for the drama in this anime, whyyyy? srsly why?
no need for that just cancel her out. let's pretend that Konatsu made a new club cuz she just felt like it.
i don't get pissed off every time that sensei shows up no i don't feel like slapping that bitch hard not at all *flips table*
Jul 9, 2012 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
This so good even without anything outrageous

Need more Vienna guy though. He is epic.
Jul 9, 2012 12:20 PM

Dec 2011
zensunni said:
Fiji said:

Fine, different people have different tastes. Congratulations, now you can spend your time watching things you like and not waste it watching shows you don't like and posting about how much you don't like them on internet message boards! :)

[If you have specifics that you wish to discuss that detract from your enjoyment of the show or questions that, if cleared up, might change your opinion of the show, that is fine. Hate-trolling is not.]

You are jumping to conclusions. What I meant by epic failure is... if you watched the episode, it was referring to Konatsu's singing on the internet video. Ahahahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2012 12:37 PM

Jul 2010
Fiji said:
zensunni said:
Fiji said:

You are jumping to conclusions. What I meant by epic failure is... if you watched the episode, it was referring to Konatsu's singing on the internet video. Ahahahaha.

Yes, I was jumping to conclusions! I apologize. (But how exactly was I supposed to know that?) I am just used to people posting things like that and meaning it about the show, not a part of the show. Why they bother to troll about shows they profess not to like, I will never know...
Jul 9, 2012 12:47 PM

Dec 2009
Her brother really has feminine legs xD

I loved the song at the end :)
Jul 9, 2012 1:23 PM

Sep 2011
Nice song at the end, loved it. Principal went to the hospital? I'm not exactly sure why, but something to do with falling or something? Wax etc.
Jul 9, 2012 2:05 PM

Feb 2009
A little rushed, but still pretty good.

More Wien please, THAT'S where the moe is at in this show. :3

Also okayyy, Sakai or whatever isn't as bad as Minko, she was pretty nice in this episode. Still hoping she's not the one who ends up with Wien though.
DropletJul 9, 2012 2:15 PM
Jul 9, 2012 2:33 PM

Jul 2010
Sir_Lexa said:
Her brother really has feminine legs xD

I loved the song at the end :)

But he has ugly knees! (first clue...) LOL!

The song certainly was beautiful! I will have to listen to it again tonight!
Jul 9, 2012 4:33 PM

Jul 2010
This was a beautiful episode. Konatsu saw it through to the end and the moment they we're performing that beautiful song with the three of them was amazing. And I thought Sawa said she couldn't sing?! She sounds great! I'm in love with her shoes too. :3

At first the principal was hesitant to allow forming of the group, but the instant he saw Wakana's name, he accepted. Her attitude in the last episode and the fact that the song reminds her of her late mother makes me think she's actually a great singer, but doesn't see a reason for it now that het mother passed away. I wonder what happened to the principal for him to get hospitalized...

Seems like Taichi will be joining next episode!

Jul 9, 2012 6:05 PM

Dec 2010
I'm really liking this show. The girls are so cute and the guys are actually really normal/average.

I love that yuri butt slap.
Jul 9, 2012 6:22 PM

Mar 2012
"I'll give you cake... two cakes!" "One is fine." (later on) "Two cakes right?" (later still) "Three cakes." lol'd.

It's hard enough to take the premise itself seriously, but I can actually only laugh at any scene involving the music teacher. She needs to reevaluate her life.

Cute nonetheless.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jul 9, 2012 10:11 PM

Apr 2012
this episode was so nice the ending was so cute omg this series is just sO CUTE AHHH
Jul 9, 2012 11:11 PM

Apr 2008
DAT misleading fanservice. The brother's got nice legs, I'll give P.A. Works credit for that.

Anyways, I think the vice principal reminds me of Sui (okami) from Hanasaku Iroha: both really mean/strict but then they'll get some good development. Of course Tari Tari is only half the length of HanaIro so who knows if the Vice Principal is going to change a bit in a short time frame..

Need more of the guys! Vien is funny
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jul 9, 2012 11:40 PM

Jun 2011
Kinda rushed, but it's still incredible the way they managed to put all this information in a single episode. 5/5.

PsychoKitteh said:
I hate that teacher.

You're not the only one
Jul 10, 2012 9:10 AM

Jan 2008
nice ass slap!
Jul 10, 2012 10:02 AM

Nov 2010
Cool episode
Nice animation of the cars as well, would be fun if they could do an Initial D with it
Jul 10, 2012 10:04 AM
Dec 2007
Wild speculation: I suppose Sakai's mum was the teacher's friend at school (shown in the OP dancing with her?) and the song that was initially chosen was probably "her" song. The teacher's probably still hung up about the death of her friend, just like Sakai is hung up on the death of her mother? That's why the principal approved of the club when he saw Sakai's name. He might have wanted to help both Sakai and the music teacher.
viMALJul 10, 2012 10:08 AM
Jul 10, 2012 3:10 PM

Oct 2010
geezer said:
Wild speculation: I suppose Sakai's mum was the teacher's friend at school (shown in the OP dancing with her?) and the song that was initially chosen was probably "her" song. The teacher's probably still hung up about the death of her friend, just like Sakai is hung up on the death of her mother? That's why the principal approved of the club when he saw Sakai's name. He might have wanted to help both Sakai and the music teacher.
I agree with your theory about Sakai's mother but then what would the teacher gain in her plots? If she is a friend of Sakai's mother at least she should be less bitchy overall.

Perhaps Sakai will bring some sense into the bitchy teacher but does not know of her friendly relation with her mother?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 10, 2012 5:43 PM
Jan 2011
Nice :). I like this anime a lot, it's really calm, but funny. Konatsu, my love, it would be perfect to have you as my waifu :3.
WATCH OUT, LOTS OF USELESS SHIET IN THE SPOILER!
Jul 10, 2012 5:56 PM

Oct 2007
The main characters were being bitched by a female teacher so we all hate her, logical, very logical.

MAL is so easy to read most of the time.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jul 10, 2012 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
After her (the pregnant teacher) teasing Wakanai about a boyfriend, it's not surprising she outright asks Saws if she's pregnant. The question is, why didn't she ask Konatsu? :P

Also, Konatsu's brother..he's bathing quite often. I mean, none of the girls was shown bathing/showering or even mentioning it, and he was bathing twice in two episodes..

This also explains how Konatsu can search his room for the porn stash regularly. I wonder how that started though. And how she manages to find it, without him noticing that she searched his room. Or she simply told him each time..

It also is quite unfair of her of "attacking" her brother in the op, when he enters her room. She was only singing there, he probably wanted to ask something or even told her that dinner is ready or whatever, whereas she regularly enters the bathroom without knocking fully knowing her brother is using it.

At least this way round we don't get to hear "hentai" or "ecchi" all the time, Konatsu appears quite understanding of his needs..;)
Jul 10, 2012 7:13 PM

Jul 2012
Siva said:
The main characters were being bitched by a female teacher so we all hate her, logical, very logical.

MAL is so easy to read most of the time.

I hate the teacher just because of her attitude tbh. I don't really like the main girl but I don't like her being bitched at by that teacher, either.

Meh, this series seems pretty average. This was a cute episode, though.
Jul 10, 2012 7:28 PM

Dec 2009
I didn't like this episode. I feel like I missed the other 11 episodes and watched episode 13.. and now it is over.

K R I S S
leo | usa | istp
dystopias, bright colors, unique animation

Jul 10, 2012 11:17 PM

Oct 2011
haha i didnt care for this episode but i found the orinciple guy humorous ,he reminds me of the KFC guy and Ratcliffe from pocahontas with a mix of a clasique southern gentle man
Jul 11, 2012 12:58 AM

Aug 2010
I suspect Sakai's mother and the teacher knew each other back then, probably they were in the same club and are responsible for the song /Captain obvious.

Screencap from the OP

Why is Sawa so perfect and Konatsu so cute?

I loved the part where Konatsu ran by Sawa asking where she was (superbly executed scene), gave me a good laugh. Solid episode, liked it a lot 4/5.
Mogami-kunJul 11, 2012 4:39 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 23, 2012

270 by Rahul_101 »»
May 2, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2012

125 by Rahul_101 »»
May 2, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 19, 2012

122 by ronicaio »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

166 by Tuti_ »»
Feb 21, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Tari Tari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

99 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.