Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 30, 2012 10:15 AM

Mar 2011
Reminded me of the "Acperience" episodes from the first series.
Jun 30, 2012 12:28 PM
Aug 2010
people, people...

your god damn predictions make me fuckin' hyped as hell ! http://puu.sh/EQDu

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3pxa6a/

:D
triforcebihJun 30, 2012 12:31 PM
Jun 30, 2012 1:02 PM

Jan 2012
herpderpwong said:
DJ007 said:
Finally we got some flashbacks about Eureka and other world. Maybe something than Elena mentioned that was underneath the facility is the entrance to the other world, where Eureka na Renton live?

Elena didn't do so much as to say there was an entrance to the other world but she did say there was the remains of a civilisation that is not from this world. From the episode Truth first attacked the headquarters of Gen Blu, we were given a hint that the Nirvash Type theEND was held under the headquarters. She was probably referring to that. Also, the world Ao lives in is the one one that is under the other one, not the other way around.

Wasn't theEND destroyed by the satellite though?
Jun 30, 2012 2:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Now this is more like it. Better music and the story seems to be much more closely linked to E7. Look forward to be surprised.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 30, 2012 2:15 PM

May 2009
Guys, OST is out and it's really good.
Jun 30, 2012 3:13 PM
Jun 2012
bastek66 said:
Guys, OST is out and it's really good.

... but not as good as it could be with Sato Naoki :P
Jun 30, 2012 4:01 PM
Aug 2010
did anyone ufcking rip it

i demand a link

also the osts are same for me. cant say which is better
Jun 30, 2012 4:50 PM
Jun 2012
triforcebih said:
did anyone ufcking rip it

i demand a link

also the osts are same for me. cant say which is better

Try with Amazon, you'll find samples there too...
Jun 30, 2012 7:29 PM

Jan 2012
Ahri said:
herpderpwong said:
DJ007 said:
Finally we got some flashbacks about Eureka and other world. Maybe something than Elena mentioned that was underneath the facility is the entrance to the other world, where Eureka na Renton live?

Elena didn't do so much as to say there was an entrance to the other world but she did say there was the remains of a civilisation that is not from this world. From the episode Truth first attacked the headquarters of Gen Blu, we were given a hint that the Nirvash Type theEND was held under the headquarters. She was probably referring to that. Also, the world Ao lives in is the one one that is under the other one, not the other way around.

Wasn't theEND destroyed by the satellite though?

Yes, theEND did appear to be destroyed but look at this:

http://i.imgur.com/BxS6m.jpg

The top is the picture of the 'thing' underneath the Gen Blu headquarters and the bottom picture is of theEND in E7. A bit too similar don't you think?
Jun 30, 2012 8:55 PM
Jun 2012
The key thing is that IFO and LFO don't have much in common. LFO had this "Coralian" skeleton covered with armor and were controller via electric impulses. IFO are fully robotic (Nirvash lost his arm already once). It appears that Eureka was involved in creation of RA272 (probably to fight Secrects)... all other IFO were based on its design later. What theEND is doing here (or...what has left of him) is a mystery.

Alleluia got much in common with theEND design (skis instead of a board)
nebuchadrezzarJun 30, 2012 9:00 PM
Jun 30, 2012 10:56 PM
Jun 2012
thought id put in my 2 piece for some of the things that dont make sense/you guys arnt making the connections from the first 1, ao was raised in the inner world, and it has been fairly obvious that it was the inner world from the begining(out world=no ocean, inner world=had ocean....) also at the end of eureka seven renten and eureka ended in the fake world w/e Ao has been in the fake world the whole time perspectively, it might be that eureka and renton somehow left, they cud also be potentialy dead who knows, now as for truth his powers are self explanitory for that reason most likely he understands the concept of how this is a fake world and therefore the laws of physics etc dont apply to him(hes neo and this is the MATRIX) and then beyond that we also know why there is a lack of trapar waves because just like in the original there wernt any trapars (or at least very little) in the inner/fake world, what is there is as someone else said probably coming from the real world somehow, also other things that support it probably being a fake world and just a creation by the corolians is the fact that their is japan and all the other areas of the world, last time i checked the pieces of land were semi restored but the cultures wernt exactly, they were long gone in eureka seven, but if it is a fake world created by the corolians who happened to have kind of absorbed almsot everything(and having the ability to create a carbon copy of what the world was like before hand cultures and all)this furthor supports the idea that this has always been a fake world, i think the point about how the secrets might be there to bring people into the real world is ither a really good guess or complete nonsense that we will have to wait and see to find out, however it seems unlikely seing as although the people attacked by the secrets dont exactly produce blood they generaly turn to ash/dust pointing more towards the whole really dead thing and not the returned to the real world, because if they were teleported i think they wud just sorta disapear we wudnt have lots of little black and gray particles left over. also just to throw out some other theorys for the elena, i doubt that she is dominics/anemone daugter. just doesnt add up, why would they abondon her, why is her skin the wrong colour, why were experiments being done on her, and several other things, there is no way she is mater, mater was a few years older then eureka and rentons unborn child id have to say and yet renton and elena are about the same age, ergo that theory although it might be awsome is wrong. working theorys would be that she is 1 one of the other girls being experimented on in the real world. 2, as someone said the original elena just really heavy experiments done on her. or 3, probably also the most likely senario, just some random girl who had experiments done on her and was given that name for reasons unknown, we will have to wait and see, also as a side note as far as genetic mutation goes how exactly are they changing the DNA of said girls? they are pumping them full of corolian DNA most likely eurekas, which would explain some of the visions, she is having visions because she has eurekas DNA possibly, the falling thing could be because of a dream/something that happened between her and eureka, however u gotta remember that were watching anime anything and everything can happen we will have to wait and see.
Jul 1, 2012 12:12 AM

Jan 2009
lol well i got no deep analysis on this matter like some people here but i think the Elena that AO is interacting now is a scab coral (ALIEN) with memories of both Elena and Miller

i said this because of the title of this episode was Mirror of the World so those scab coral ALIENS might have found a way to mirror themselves on humans they interact with just for the purpose of blending with humans and understand humans more

i just remember some basic biology to expand what im saying its about IMITATION one of the basic form of learning -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethology#Learning
degJul 1, 2012 12:19 AM
Jul 1, 2012 3:52 AM
Sep 2009
what is this i dont even--
Jul 1, 2012 7:41 AM
May 2012
I think Elena is probably Anemone and Dominic's son as well although I certainly could be wrong, but I also think that Elena was probably the one who took the picture of theEND from underneath Gen Blu and perhaps she is somehow drawn to it and will end up piloting it.

Not sure about this since we couldn't see them, but I think the trapar particles are trapar dust from the first one.

Also I think the silver wings that it talks about in the preview might be the angle like wings we see Ao with in the ending theme, especially since Eureka got butterfly wing in E7.

I also don't really get if miller was real, an illusion, or always a secret or what.

Lastly I kinda curious what will happen to Fleur cause I don't think their just going to toss her aside.
Jul 1, 2012 10:32 AM

Jun 2012
Ignore my hypothesis about Anemone and Dominic. I never really thought about it until now but... Elena could possibly be the child of Holland and Talho considering Talho was pregnant at the end of the original series. This could be exact but I still have to think about how Elena wasn't affected by the trapar dust particles like AO. Perhaps she was brought down as a human but altered to be similar to a Coralian in the facility?
Elena also did have visions of the Gekko and the typeZero so she could be the daughter of Talho / Holland
ChuphenjJul 1, 2012 10:37 AM
Jul 1, 2012 10:38 AM

Jun 2012
Ahri said:
This episode has to be one of the best episodes yet. Mainly because of Elena's flashback. It reveals SO much, and opens many doors to various theories as to what could be happening here. One of the main themes that have been going on is calling that world a fake.

AdolChristin said:
So the coralians said in the last ep of E7 that they will try to seek peace and they hope humans and coralians can live together again in the future. The general conscience is that Ao's world is the one half of the humans got transferred to. So what if the Secrets are here to transfer them back? We saw it in last week's episode that humans just disappear when they're hit with a Secret's attack and when they were trying to attack it, Truth said something like "the Secrets aren't what you think they are".

Also, it was good to see the Renton <3 Eureka moon in this episode, even if for just a sec. I really got excited at that scene.

I agree that this could be the case, the only problem with that however is that world was a library more or less. However there isn't a huge library with tons of information. It looks normal in terms of another world.

Anyways, as for what i'm leaning on. Ao's world and the original world are side by side. I also think that going into "The Zone" is the way people are transported between the two. As for Elena's memories.....She could be the child of Anemone and Dominic, this would just be awesome and amazing. The thing that bugs me about that is.....Their child wouldn't have Memories of flying on the Gekko state, being with Eureka, etc....One theory i was thinking about, could she be Maeter? It'd explain why she has those memories. The only problem with this would be however is that she has a different hair color, eye color, and skin color....Although it could be explained by the experiments they put her through.....

Either way, i'm more inclined to go with the theory that it's Anemone and Dominic's child. Mostly because i think it would be interesting to see them again. Very interesting episode.....Extremely interesting.

I actually juts thought about it and she could be the daughter of Holland / Talho. We do have to keep in mind that Talho was pregnant towards the end of Eureka Seven. Elena did also have memories of the Gekkostate and the typeZero so this could be her. However, she could also be the daughter of Anemone. So many possibilities...
Jul 1, 2012 10:53 AM
Jun 2012
Ray-Out said:
I think Elena is probably Anemone and Dominic's son as well although I certainly could be wrong

... daughter, but yes I agree - she was probably the one who took pictures of theEND (or whatever it is).

LucarioNate said:
Elena could possibly be the child of Holland and Talho considering Talho was pregnant at the end of the original series.

Talho was pregnant at the end of the 1st series, but Eureka was much older when she gave birth to AO. If we ever meet Hooland's and Talho's child... he/she will be a bit older than kids from Piped Piper.

There will be a new character called Yuna Maltan (Save the Prayer spinoff manga). Her face-shape is a bit similar to Talho...
Jul 1, 2012 11:15 AM

Jun 2012
nebuchadrezzar said:
Ray-Out said:
I think Elena is probably Anemone and Dominic's son as well although I certainly could be wrong

... daughter, but yes I agree - she was probably the one who took pictures of theEND (or whatever it is).

LucarioNate said:
Elena could possibly be the child of Holland and Talho considering Talho was pregnant at the end of the original series.

Talho was pregnant at the end of the 1st series, but Eureka was much older when she gave birth to AO. If we ever meet Hooland's and Talho's child... he/she will be a bit older than kids from Piped Piper.

There will be a new character called Yuna Maltan (Save the Prayer spinoff manga). Her face-shape is a bit similar to Talho...

Yuna looks alot like Anemone to be honest. She is only 14 years old though... no idea if she is the daughter of Talho.
Jul 1, 2012 11:57 AM
Aug 2010
LucarioNate said:

I actually juts thought about it and she could be the daughter of Holland / Talho.

pretty sure their child is 19-20 now.
Jul 1, 2012 6:16 PM
Jun 2012
One more thought:

Aquamarine -> Eureka / AO
Pink -> Anemone / Elena
Violet -> Saukya / Yuna

... and in theory -> all of them could be Coralian / Human hybrids
Jul 1, 2012 6:33 PM

Oct 2011
Let me get this right.. They proved that Miller and Elena were once two different people based on DNA and simultaneous locations. So.. What happened to the real Miller?

Oh jeez I hope "Elena" didn't kill her lol.
Very interesting though.

I won't make theories just yet besides that it's pretty obvious that nothing is as it seems, as Truth explained. More mindfucks to come.

I will make a crack theory though. People are saying Elena could be Talho/Holland's kid. If that's the case she could be Gidget/Moondoggie's kid lol. We dunno what happened >.> I'm jk though.

Jul 2, 2012 2:30 PM
Aug 2010
OST on nyaa.

/cry

1 seed 40 leechers *wallface*
Jul 2, 2012 11:14 PM

Oct 2008
menoobslayer said:
Text.

Your post would benefit greatly from proper punctuation and structured writing.

I get what you're trying to say though - a popular theory floating around is that this world is "fake", and functions similarly to the Matrix, where "Truth" is essentially Neo, whom understands this fact to the fullest extent, and can free his mind from its limitations. I'm not sure how much I subscribe to this theory, but it's a possibility - what could be happening in this "world", which many of us though to be an alternate dimension at first, could entirely be happening within the vast "thoughts" of the Scub, though "thoughts" may not be an adequate term for such a phenomena. As seen near the end of the first series, the Scub Coral has the capability to act as sort of a "bio-computer", forging virtual realities (within its consciousness) which make it easier for the human mind to comprehend and traverse (Hence, the "library" Adroc and Diane found themselves in, as well as those with desperation disease). I feel it's a bit too early to discuss this possibility seriously, but here's a little something to chew on from the first series.

Courtesy of anon:

Probably just a case of same-face, but something I find amusing/interesting nonetheless.
Jul 3, 2012 12:07 AM
Jun 2012
Dangerr said:

Probably just a case of same-face, but something I find amusing/interesting nonetheless.

The general problem with manga and anime is that face "repeatedness" is extremely common, although I consider Bones as one of a few studios that really put a lot of effort into designing some unique "lines" for their characters.

Funny thing - these screens come from episode 13. As far as I remember Hiro Kanzaki (E7:AO character designer) also worked on previous series (key animator for episodes 13, 21, 27).
Jul 3, 2012 2:57 AM
Aug 2010

well if it turns out that one of the goals of this season is helping the people with the desperation disease then idk what to say. totaly unexpected. but it prolly wont be the case... or will.

weird how i didnt see the pic tho till now :\ ? is it from 4chan ?
Jul 3, 2012 2:34 PM
May 2012
The similarities between those characters are indeed interesting. However, to say the premise in this anime involves people with desperation disease is unlikely considering that many elements in the plot would not make sense should this be the case.
I did believe this world might be some kind of dream world fabricated within the scub consciousness given Truth's statements that it was mistaken or erroneous and for now it's possible that Truth may have freed himself from the physical constraints this world exists under thus becoming someone like Neo as some have suggested.

The idea in the nature of this world itself might explain why secrets take the form of memories the scub have from what they understood as well as what Eureka taught them considering she also recorded memories for the scubs' purpose of attaining enlightenment like the Nirvash. Secrets might attack the scub quartz because there is a conflict within the scub mind and this might explain why the scub do nothing to defend itself from the attack in secrets. In other words, what we see as scub coral coming from these wormholes might be the scub entering their own consciousness and this might be causing some kind of conflict with its previously acquired knowledge and this whole ordeal between scub and secret might be a battle for control over the occupation within the scub consciousness.

Should this world be fabricated within the scub mind then my previous paragraph would explain it. However, if secrets are materializing because the scub coral are trying to exist in two separate universes then secrets might be caused by the will of universal forces that serve to correct any anomalies within a space in time. Therefore, if scub coral are coming from the world in psalms of planets, then this might explain why secrets take shape of events that occurred in this dimension to seek out the scub coral that is attempting to exist in AO's world if the scub are still in the world from psalms of planets. I guess what this would imply is that scub coral are trying to prevent the limit of questions but another universal limitation is causing the conflict currently present in the world from AO.

Unless ideas from New Order are part of the plot in AO, my previous theories are the only way I can explain what is going on. However, just about anything else is possible so long as it makes sense lol.
Jul 3, 2012 4:40 PM

Apr 2011
At last a nice episode! I've recovered my faith ='D
Jul 4, 2012 2:09 AM

May 2012
I couldn't help thinking during this episode WTF. I feel as though this is disgracing its predecessor. To say the truth right now the only reason im watching this show is to out more about Ao past and parents. One more thing I find it very disheartening that Ao barely thinks of Naru. This premise of teams and children only piloting IFOs is a downgrade from the original . Just a few of my thoughts.
Jul 4, 2012 6:21 AM

Oct 2008
Flashybrown said:
I couldn't help thinking during this episode WTF. I feel as though this is disgracing its predecessor.

Care to substantiate your complaints?
Jul 4, 2012 9:18 PM

Jan 2011

This part in the episode made me me smile. This episode was great and I can't wait for the next but I have one question..... What happened to the real Miller?
Jul 4, 2012 9:38 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Riftguardian said:
What happened to the real Miller?

Dead. Same with the real Elena. The current fake Elena is essentially like Yuno in Mirai Nikki.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 4, 2012 11:27 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
wakka9ca aren't you supposed to put that last part in spoilers?
Jul 5, 2012 2:36 AM

Jan 2009
Have to say Noah is the best "mascot" character ever - how can you hate that little sloth?

The episode was confusing to say the least, but I enjoyed the episode nevertheless.
Jul 5, 2012 5:27 AM

Nov 2010
I've gained a headache after watching this...
Jul 5, 2012 8:07 AM

Sep 2011
Uhm interesting. So the world Ao is in is Fake. Elena and miller tried saying there was another world that they could go to. Aka the world where renton and eureka used to live. You could also say that eureka fell into the fake world, which is why no one knows of what she and renton did to save the "Real" world.

Also I believe that in E7 there were no oceans, or very little, however there was some when Renton and Eureka went into the real 'surface' of the earth which is down below where we saw the Scub control cluster.

This is just my speculation on what I think. The whole "Fake" thing is over exaggerated. I mean it in a terms of a 'Seperate world' aka Ao was born in the sep world and not in the one where Eureka originally came from
TyrelJul 5, 2012 4:38 PM
Jul 5, 2012 8:30 AM

Feb 2012
Holy crap, what a mindfuck episode, now it's definitely save to say there are two worlds, George even said that there are theories about a parallel world.
Someone here posted a theory about an outside and inside world and I support that because Elena said there is another world outside but at the same time it lets me wonder what she meant with another culture further down below in HQ.

Man, the part about Elena was quite shocking and went by too fast, I hope they don't abandon her story, we haven't got a closure yet.

I don't understand why people are questioning what happened with the real Miller, she is dead, the fake Elena has probably killed her and we even saw how she buried her.

wakka9ca said:
Dead. Same with the real Elena.

Dude, don't spoil it for people that haven't seen or read it yet.
ZhouJul 5, 2012 8:41 AM
Jul 5, 2012 8:31 AM
Jun 2012
wakka9ca said:
Riftguardian said:

Dead. Same with the real Elena. The current fake Elena is essentially like Yuno in Mirai Nikki.

We don't really know what exactly had happened. Both Elena & Generation Blue knew that Miller was a spy after all. Although I can't really imagine Elena killing someone... or... maybe I simply don't want to ;)

Tyrel said:
Uhm interesting. So the world Ao is in is Fake. Elena and miller tried saying there was another world that they could go to. Aka the world where renton and eureka used to live. You could also say that eureka fell into the fake world, which is why no one knows of what she and renton did to save the "Real" world.

Also I believe that in E7 there were no oceans, or very little, however there was some when Renton and Eureka went into the real 'surface' of the earth which is down below where we saw the Scub control cluster.

This is just my speculation on what I think.

Fake... the question is for whom? For AO, Elena, Truth guy... pretty much yes... as long as they come from the "original/outside" world. For the rest... it may not be that certain.
Jul 5, 2012 9:44 AM
Sep 2011
It was a captivating episode all around. I just love it whenever this show decides to become all surreal and as expected it shed some light on Elena and her relationship to Mirror.
Jul 5, 2012 4:38 PM

Sep 2011
nebuchadrezzar said:
wakka9ca said:
Riftguardian said:

We don't really know what exactly had happened. Both Elena & Generation Blue knew that Miller was a spy after all. Although I can't really imagine Elena killing someone... or... maybe I simply don't want to ;)

Tyrel said:

This is just my speculation on what I think.

Fake... the question is for whom? For AO, Elena, Truth guy... pretty much yes... as long as they come from the "original/outside" world. For the rest... it may not be that certain.

Yeah the whole "Fake" thing is over exaggerated. I meant of it in a terms of a 'Seperate world' aka Ao was born in the sep world and not in the one where Eureka originally came from
Jul 5, 2012 8:39 PM

Jul 2009
... wut.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jul 7, 2012 8:51 AM
Feb 2010
The fact that Ao was seeing Elena as Eureka and that Elena said good-bye to "Miller" and herself has me worried about Eureka's fate and who Elena really is.
Jul 7, 2012 5:25 PM

Jan 2008
Zhou said:

I don't understand why people are questioning what happened with the real Miller, she is dead, the fake Elena has probably killed her and we even saw how she buried her.

Wasn't she just burying the pink wig?
Jul 7, 2012 5:33 PM

Aug 2008
I loved it haha

kinda got overjoyed when I saw the Gekko state

i missed them ^^
My Grandmother Always said.. He who walks through the path of heaven will rule over everything..

Jul 8, 2012 3:31 AM
Jan 2011
Zhao_Yun said:
Zhou said:

Wasn't she just burying the pink wig?

And a flower for real Elena. They were graves with no bodies.
Jul 9, 2012 7:54 PM

Apr 2008
Very interesting episode. A lot of mysteries got added to the show with this ep, and the one in the forefront of my mind is why this fake Elena has a memory of being held by Eureka. Interesting revelations on the horizon.

I still don't care for how this show is supposed to fit in with Eureka Seven, but the last couple episodes have finally started to get me hooked.
Jul 14, 2012 10:25 PM

Mar 2009
Ok what is this psychodelic crap that is going on?
Jul 14, 2012 10:48 PM

Oct 2008
UnknownFact said:
Ok what is this psychodelic crap that is going on?

Read the thread.
Jul 15, 2012 9:33 PM

Jun 2012
I'll have what they're having
Jul 23, 2012 1:16 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
It was OK to me. It had it's awesome moments, like the flashback.
Aug 26, 2012 2:57 AM

Jul 2008
So wait...was Miller a real person or not? And just who the hell is Elena?

And that was Eureka and a flashback to the real Earth...just what the hell is going on here...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.