Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 28, 2012 12:56 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mindfuck episode. Seriously I have no words after checking raw.
Jun 28, 2012 3:50 PM

Apr 2008
All I can say is..."WTF"
Jun 28, 2012 3:51 PM

Jun 2012
Possibly a little off topic. I watched Eureka Seven and have been very hesitant on watching AO. Would you recommend it to someone who loved the characters and story of the first?
Jun 28, 2012 4:32 PM
Aug 2010
to dl the raw or not to. gg said there will be a delay
Jun 28, 2012 5:14 PM

Nov 2007
About the rocker vocalist that got taken away... spy or mirror...

Fake or not. And that rocker vocalist/mirror get saved, or not. She's an enemy?

5 years ago accident? She was dead long ago?

1:55 next week, which their battle is on the space.

"To be continued" is sad... about that Elena?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 28, 2012 5:42 PM
Aug 2010
this episode. I... I can't find a pic to express my feelings. It's speechlessness mixed with a bit tripping and mindfuck.

what did i watch. GG SUB THIS FFS
Jun 28, 2012 6:05 PM
May 2012
Very interesting. It seems my vision of the setting has partially revealed itself. One thing I didn't expect is for Elena's background to take such a twist. It seems the real Elena Peoples disappeared in an incident which means this character who calls herself Elena is someone else. I had my suspicions at first considering her eyes are not like any other character I've seen so far and if her hair is really purple and not just dyed then there is definitely something going on. This episode implies the creators are likely using the original anime in its entirety and not new order as a replacement for the ending as some have believed. I'm guessing next episode will somehow cause Ao to be sent to the other side considering the new op should be revealed by ep 13 or 14. I guess the woman who hugged Ao could be Truth and might be plotting the idea of showing Ao the world's truth considering one of the titles is step into a world.
Jun 28, 2012 6:27 PM

Sep 2011
Sarcyan said:
Possibly a little off topic. I watched Eureka Seven and have been very hesitant on watching AO. Would you recommend it to someone who loved the characters and story of the first?

Loved the first series and think that the characters from the first will return? Don't bother.
The show can change dramatically, but atm this series takes place long time after the original. Personally I'm watching it cause I loved the first series, but so far up to episode (10) its not impressing me that much, will have to wait since its not even half done.
Jun 29, 2012 3:01 AM
Aug 2010
Tyrel said:
Sarcyan said:

Loved the first series and think that the characters from the first will return? Don't bother.
The show can change dramatically, but atm this series takes place long time after the original. Personally I'm watching it cause I loved the first series, but so far up to episode (10) its not impressing me that much, will have to wait since its not even half done.

after watching ep 11 im pretty darn sure its worth to watch this.

also no monster of the week aswell. shit's getting serious
Jun 29, 2012 4:37 AM

May 2011
Nice episode there, and it's all about mind control.
Jun 29, 2012 6:00 AM

Jan 2012
Okay, I might be entirely wrong but here is what I'm thinking at the moment.

Fleur's dad mentioned that Ao and Elena were similarly 'different' when compared to the other children who could pilot IFOs. Now, when we think about what's different about Ao, we think about how he is the child of Eureka, a coralian. Elena, similar to Ao, has purple eyes and unnatural coloured hair. And when we think back to the original E7, who else was similar to Eureka in this way?

I'm thinking Anemone.

With the same pink hair and same purple eyes, Elena might possibly be the child of Anemone from the original E7.
Jun 29, 2012 6:14 AM

May 2009
Elena's vision shows: some building (I don't remember), Gekkostate, TypeZero over Japan and moon with heart from original series.
At the end turns out that Elena was orange hair, green eyed white kid.
Jun 29, 2012 6:43 AM

Mar 2011
Urghh let me rest for a while.... my mind is not working very well

Jun 29, 2012 7:23 AM

May 2010
All I can say is WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED !
Jun 29, 2012 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
Jun 29, 2012 8:48 AM
Aug 2010
You can DL AraAra subs off nyaa D:
Jun 29, 2012 9:24 AM

Jun 2012
herpderpwong said:
Okay, I might be entirely wrong but here is what I'm thinking at the moment.

Fleur's dad mentioned that Ao and Elena were similarly 'different' when compared to the other children who could pilot IFOs. Now, when we think about what's different about Ao, we think about how he is the child of Eureka, a coralian. Elena, similar to Ao, has purple eyes and unnatural coloured hair. And when we think back to the original E7, who else was similar to Eureka in this way?

I'm thinking Anemone.

With the same pink hair and same purple eyes, Elena might possibly be the child of Anemone from the original E7.

That would generally be amazing if that's the case,
Maybe Dominic & Anemone had a child just like Eureka & Renton!
Jun 29, 2012 10:26 AM

Nov 2010
So the coralians said in the last ep of E7 that they will try to seek peace and they hope humans and coralians can live together again in the future. The general conscience is that Ao's world is the one half of the humans got transferred to. So what if the Secrets are here to transfer them back? We saw it in last week's episode that humans just disappear when they're hit with a Secret's attack and when they were trying to attack it, Truth said something like "the Secrets aren't what you think they are".

Also, it was good to see the Renton <3 Eureka moon in this episode, even if for just a sec. I really got excited at that scene.
Jun 29, 2012 10:40 AM
Apr 2011
too deep for me
Jun 29, 2012 10:44 AM

Jan 2012
This episode has to be one of the best episodes yet. Mainly because of Elena's flashback. It reveals SO much, and opens many doors to various theories as to what could be happening here. One of the main themes that have been going on is calling that world a fake.

AdolChristin said:
So the coralians said in the last ep of E7 that they will try to seek peace and they hope humans and coralians can live together again in the future. The general conscience is that Ao's world is the one half of the humans got transferred to. So what if the Secrets are here to transfer them back? We saw it in last week's episode that humans just disappear when they're hit with a Secret's attack and when they were trying to attack it, Truth said something like "the Secrets aren't what you think they are".

Also, it was good to see the Renton <3 Eureka moon in this episode, even if for just a sec. I really got excited at that scene.

I agree that this could be the case, the only problem with that however is that world was a library more or less. However there isn't a huge library with tons of information. It looks normal in terms of another world.

Anyways, as for what i'm leaning on. Ao's world and the original world are side by side. I also think that going into "The Zone" is the way people are transported between the two. As for Elena's memories.....She could be the child of Anemone and Dominic, this would just be awesome and amazing. The thing that bugs me about that is.....Their child wouldn't have Memories of flying on the Gekko state, being with Eureka, etc....One theory i was thinking about, could she be Maeter? It'd explain why she has those memories. The only problem with this would be however is that she has a different hair color, eye color, and skin color....Although it could be explained by the experiments they put her through.....

Either way, i'm more inclined to go with the theory that it's Anemone and Dominic's child. Mostly because i think it would be interesting to see them again. Very interesting episode.....Extremely interesting.
Jun 29, 2012 11:17 AM

Dec 2009
Want.. more... headtrip. Wow, totally confused now. But series like this, love em. The knot between the first series and this one gets tighter.
Jun 29, 2012 11:27 AM

Apr 2011
I have no clue as to what's going on in this series anymore. Though the music when they were running was pretty awesome.
Jun 29, 2012 11:50 AM

Aug 2009
So, Elena may know Eureka from the scene that's presented. Also the world they speak of (Elena and Miller to Ao) I believe is the world from Eureka Seven. Maybe they are in the world below.Perhaps Eureka when she fell from the skies what really happened was that she got into the Zone and spewed out into the underworld so to speak?

I'm liking this so far...how things are being related to the first series.
Jun 29, 2012 11:56 AM
Aug 2010
well i atleast hope all the hating faggotry stops and the show's score raises to >8 again soon.
Jun 29, 2012 1:15 PM

Oct 2008
This was a great episode; every time I thought they were going to leave a plot element completely unsubstantiated, they remedied it with an explanation or speculation.

I was pretty on the ropes about certain things regarding this series, but I can definitely see that the producers' minds are in the right place here. I'll probably comment more on this episode later.

triforcebih said:
well i atleast hope all the hating faggotry stops and the show's score raises to >8 again soon.

I wouldn't let the MAL aggregate affect you too much; it's not always reflective of a series' true quality. Of course, there's also still half of the series to go yet, so it could still end up as something truly great, or just another sequel that failed to live up to its inherent potential.
DangerrJun 29, 2012 1:21 PM
Jun 29, 2012 1:39 PM
Apr 2008
I had no idea what just happened. o.O
It is, nonetheless, interesting, though.
Jun 29, 2012 2:03 PM

Jun 2009
I'm confused...so is Elena and Miller the same person but split personalities or is Miller just an illusion created by Elena.

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Jun 29, 2012 3:02 PM

Jun 2012
Holy crap. Probably the best episode yet in AO. I'm fairly certain that Elena Peoples is going to have a relationship to Anemone / Dominic. I mean, she shares a lot of similarities to Anemone (being in the facility in such and having some sort of relationship to the Coralians). She is probably going to be included with Dominic and Anemone. Amazing episode that left me speechless yet confused... well time to go research. BTW, was I the only guy who was wondering who the hell was the silhouette that made the president's face after Fleur got mad?

I'm also fairly certain she IS Anemone's kid... She said to be from the facility and have been made a clone of the real Elena Peoples. Maybe through this "cloning" they altered her to look like a Coralian (this is what they did to Anemone in Eureka 7). Idk though, might be early to judge, but will be awesome if they did make her somewhat connected to Dominic and Anemone.

*For the next episode (ideas / assumptions)"
As shown in the preview, Pied Piper will be heading up to space for their next mission. What I can assume is that since AO pilots the Nirvash, the Nirvash will have some sort of connection to the next "world". In episode 11, we can somewhat assume that the world where Astral Ocean takes place is a different world than the original world in Eureka Seven (the memories of Elena and Eureka / Renton <3 Eureka Moon / Some sort of passageway maybe the Zone?). With this information, I feel that when Ao heads up into space, maybe he will open the passageway between the two worlds (maybe the Zone). IDK, just my two cents on the next episode. The name "Step into a world" for the next episode is kind of mysterious too...
ChuphenjJun 29, 2012 4:11 PM
Jun 29, 2012 3:43 PM
Aug 2010
LucarioNate said:
IDK, just my two cents on the next episode. The name "Step into a world" for the next episode is kind of mysterious too...

that is no sun D:
Jun 29, 2012 4:25 PM

Jun 2011
I'm so confused o.o
Jun 29, 2012 4:35 PM

May 2009
MapoTofu said:
I'm confused...so is Elena and Miller the same person but split personalities or is Miller just an illusion created by Elena.

Many years ago: Original Elena died from scub burst, someone came out of the scub burst and took her identity, becoming the current Elena. She was then picked up by the facility.

2 years ago: Millers made her singing debut in Manchester.
Current Elena got picked up by Gen Blue, and had been training there.

Half a year ago to 2 months ago: Miller got scouted by some producer in Gen Blue, she accepts the offer because she is an American spy.

Around 2 months ago Current Elena met Miller and stole her identity (she most likely killed Miller too, seeing the real one is MIA), and had been reporting back spy intel to America and performing concerts as Miller.
Courtesy of anon.
Jun 29, 2012 4:43 PM

Dec 2009
So... lacking directing, odd focuses, random confusion and stuff. It's full of interesting content, but it's hard to feel interested when it's handled so poorly.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jun 29, 2012 4:57 PM

Oct 2010
This was one hell of an episode

it took one episode to make Elena one of the more important characters. Shes still shrouded in mystery though, I wonder what relations she has with Eureka.

The most interesting part about this episode was the flash back. Some original E7 scenes in there. Makes me wonder how bones will make this series actually become a sequel.

5/5
LibertyPrimeJun 29, 2012 5:02 PM
Jun 29, 2012 6:17 PM

Jan 2012
Supergrunt8 said:
This was one hell of an episode

it took one episode to make Elena one of the more important characters. Shes still shrouded in mystery though, I wonder what relations she has with Eureka.

The most interesting part about this episode was the flash back. Some original E7 scenes in there. Makes me wonder how bones will make this series actually become a sequel.

5/5

Could not have said it better. I am very eagerly waiting to see more episodes. This was just too delicious of a reveal.....I cannot wait to see what else they pull out to connect the two series. Things are starting to get interesting. I wonder though....who Truth is exactly....Is he a new character? Or is he connected to Dewey somehow...Hmmmm something that just crossed my mind....They both do have white hair....and Dewey had a bit of power....to an extent....although not as much as Truth has now....I doubt this is the case.....But it doesn't hurt to think.
Jun 29, 2012 6:38 PM
Jun 2012
A different question - at the ending they mentioned something about "silver wing"... could that be gekko?
Jun 29, 2012 7:16 PM

Jun 2010
shadowtsunami said:
Lol Trapar particles? I think they meant crack XP.

This pretty much summed up my thoughts. Major drug trip on this episode.
Jun 29, 2012 7:56 PM

Aug 2009
I'm really starting to regain my faith with this second season...to be honest I thought it was going to go poof...but I'm glad it isn't!
Jun 29, 2012 8:21 PM

Jan 2011
what the dafuq was going on! everyone had to golden dust this series keeps throwing interesting concepts and i hope it delivers at the end of it.

excuse me when i put on my tin foiled hat while i say Indoctrination might take places at some point in the story?.
Jun 29, 2012 8:21 PM

Jun 2012
nebuchadrezzar said:
A different question - at the ending they mentioned something about "silver wing"... could that be gekko?
I think its referring to Nirvash. It'd be cool if it was the Gekko
Jun 29, 2012 8:29 PM

May 2010
thing are picking up again with this new twist
Jun 29, 2012 9:01 PM

Feb 2009
Wha... what the fuck did I just watch

Now that I've gathered my thoughts after having read through here, best episode yet. Regained my faith in this series. Fuck yeah, Ao! I truly do NOT want to hate this series, so I'm ecstatic about this.
DropletJun 29, 2012 9:40 PM
Jun 29, 2012 9:26 PM

Jan 2011
Well......that calls for a second watch to try and figure out just what went on. I think we just got a whole number of new questions to answer, combined with what may be clues to just what is going on, but I'm not sure...

Just so long as Ao doesn't turn out to be someone's winged dog from 12000 years ago....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 29, 2012 11:07 PM

Aug 2009
Makes me think if the setting where all this is taking is in the inner world and the outer world where E7 took place is still up there, hence why Miller and Elena were screaming about how they know there's another world out there and what not.

Also if this is true, then that could also mean that the scab bursts are chunks of scab coral from the outer world falling to the inner world (Earth) creating some kind of reaction. Also explain why Eureka was portrayed falling from the skies.

This are just some of the things that are starting to make sense to me though.
Jun 30, 2012 2:33 AM

Sep 2009
Droplet said:
Wha... what the fuck did I just watch

Now that I've gathered my thoughts after having read through here, best episode yet. Regained my faith in this series. Fuck yeah, Ao! I truly do NOT want to hate this series, so I'm ecstatic about this.
Yeah I also don't want to hate this series. Hopefully they don't screw it up.

I'm still concerned about that "Truth" character. If truth turns out to be the good guy I'll be a little upset. I don't like characters that are on the same side, yet explain nothing of the situation to the protagonist until way later.
Jun 30, 2012 3:23 AM

Jan 2012
I know I mentioned how Elena might possibly be the daughter of Anemone and Dominic, I think there is also another possibility.

The President says Elena was picked up a a facility somewhere in the middle of nowhere. If she really was the daughter of Anemone and Dominic, why would she end up there being experimented and brought up to be able to pilot an IFO is she was already born with that ability, much like Ao. Now, think of how Anemone was brought into existence. She was not a genuine humanoid coralian but more of an artificially produced one. Remember the facility Dominic visited in Warsaw to find a replacement for Anemone? Maybe Elena actually was the Elena Peoples that 'died' in the Scub Burst but was picked up by this facility to be experimented on to become someone like Anemone.

The Elena Peoples that the men in black were investigating were talking to the caretaker of Elena who said that Elena died in a Scub Burst incident while cruising on the Caribbean Ocean. Now, back to the flashback! We saw the young Elena amidst the wreckage of a boat on an unknown beach. See where I'm getting at? The Elena Peoples at Gen Blu might be the actual Elena Peoples that exists but after undergoing a lot of experimenting on her body at that facility might have changed her appearance a lot as well. The only problem with this theory is how Eureka fits in.

Another thing that has been bothering me is the 'lights' when the Scub Burst happens and something that Georg (the computer) touched on. He said something like this:

"As opposed to the natural origin theory, which states that the Trapar comprised in the atmosphere somehow chemically transforms and fuses, there is one more theory that disobeys the laws of physics . . ."

This 'other' theory about the origin of the Trapar is none other than the Scub Coral. In the original E7, the Trapar was energy produced from the Scub Coral's knowledge. I'm interested to see how they will deal with this in the future.

The 'lights' seen when Scub Bursts occur . . . feels like you've seen them before right? Remember the Summer of Love? Both of them look dangerously similar when you look at how they form and the similar ring structure they have.

This episode just raises so many unanswered questions and the next episode will probably be the same as well with the appearance of this 'silver wing'. Looking forward to it!
Jun 30, 2012 3:56 AM

Oct 2011
Finally we got some flashbacks about Eureka and other world. Maybe something than Elena mentioned that was underneath the facility is the entrance to the other world, where Eureka na Renton live?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2012 4:22 AM

Jan 2012
DJ007 said:
Finally we got some flashbacks about Eureka and other world. Maybe something than Elena mentioned that was underneath the facility is the entrance to the other world, where Eureka na Renton live?

Elena didn't do so much as to say there was an entrance to the other world but she did say there was the remains of a civilisation that is not from this world. From the episode Truth first attacked the headquarters of Gen Blu, we were given a hint that the Nirvash Type theEND was held under the headquarters. She was probably referring to that. Also, the world Ao lives in is the one one that is under the other one, not the other way around.
Jun 30, 2012 6:28 AM

May 2009

Wow, just wow.
Jun 30, 2012 6:59 AM
Jun 2012
Maybe something bad happened to the Eureka's and Renton's world... and Elena (daughter of Anemone and Dominic) was transferred to our world by Eureka. At this point we can certainly say that there is a huge reassembles between Elena and Anemone (hair, eyes), although Elena is tanned, when both Anemone and Dominic were rather pale. Elena also misses certain "Coralian features"... but since Anemone was just an artificial hybrid (and Domonic was an ordinary guy) these might not have been passed over.

LucarioNate said:
nebuchadrezzar said:
I think its referring to Nirvash. It'd be cool if it was the Gekko

Original Nirvash was gone... the one we have now is different (it lacks personality like the old one too). Nirvash was referred as "white LFO" for most of the time, while Gekko... hmm... I guess we'll have to wait.
Jun 30, 2012 9:10 AM

Jun 2012
herpderpwong said:
I know I mentioned how Elena might possibly be the daughter of Anemone and Dominic, I think there is also another possibility.

The President says Elena was picked up a a facility somewhere in the middle of nowhere. If she really was the daughter of Anemone and Dominic, why would she end up there being experimented and brought up to be able to pilot an IFO is she was already born with that ability, much like Ao. Now, think of how Anemone was brought into existence. She was not a genuine humanoid coralian but more of an artificially produced one. Remember the facility Dominic visited in Warsaw to find a replacement for Anemone? Maybe Elena actually was the Elena Peoples that 'died' in the Scub Burst but was picked up by this facility to be experimented on to become someone like Anemone.

The Elena Peoples that the men in black were investigating were talking to the caretaker of Elena who said that Elena died in a Scub Burst incident while cruising on the Caribbean Ocean. Now, back to the flashback! We saw the young Elena amidst the wreckage of a boat on an unknown beach. See where I'm getting at? The Elena Peoples at Gen Blu might be the actual Elena Peoples that exists but after undergoing a lot of experimenting on her body at that facility might have changed her appearance a lot as well. The only problem with this theory is how Eureka fits in.

Another thing that has been bothering me is the 'lights' when the Scub Burst happens and something that Georg (the computer) touched on. He said something like this:

"As opposed to the natural origin theory, which states that the Trapar comprised in the atmosphere somehow chemically transforms and fuses, there is one more theory that disobeys the laws of physics . . ."

This 'other' theory about the origin of the Trapar is none other than the Scub Coral. In the original E7, the Trapar was energy produced from the Scub Coral's knowledge. I'm interested to see how they will deal with this in the future.

The 'lights' seen when Scub Bursts occur . . . feels like you've seen them before right? Remember the Summer of Love? Both of them look dangerously similar when you look at how they form and the similar ring structure they have.

This episode just raises so many unanswered questions and the next episode will probably be the same as well with the appearance of this 'silver wing'. Looking forward to it!

Good stuff! I think Elena might be the ANEMONE of this series. Or else she is the daughter of Anemone / Dominic.

Another hypothesis I've made about Eureka and Elena, is that maybe there is some hatred or something wrong going about Coralians on the main planet. Maybe Renton had to stay back to deal with it while Eureka had to transfer the Coralians (Maybe Elena? , Pregnant with AO?) to this world where this series takes place. I think she and Renton were the only ones who could pass through the zone making this possible.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.