Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 25, 2012 1:59 PM

Jan 2012
twonline said:
So much hate here....

There are some cliche shitz like over powered villain, important people surviving in most radical ways, dreams coming true, etc. But still lot better than other airing anime in this season. Accel World for a example. Accel World in other hand is 99% cliche but most people admire it.

Hey i like Accel World, and Cliche doesn't bother me.....It's just as someone else said...When it comes to this season.....I had other expectations, and i never expected it to pull out those types of cards based on the original series. I have no problems with Cliches if they are expected.
May 25, 2012 2:39 PM
Jan 2011
its not worth it - writing up my thoughts for this anymore

- yeah, very disjoined episode, because of the 'dream' and how things didnt follow each other, they finally make some interesting plot (like Truth sitting on Nirvash while flying) and then they cut it with the stupid dream
- lots of asspulls, they can be explained but they are still asspulls, if they couldnt be explained they would be plotholes...
this sux
- this anime continues the weird pace of weakly connected events and shows no sign of improving feels like Guilty Crown in that regard
- if there is no gonna be Gazelle x Rebecca then i lose my faith (whats left of it) in both of those characters immediatelly

im not sure what Truth did (that weird 'monster') but i like that design, it annoys me a little that it looks like black version of Evangelion - 2nd Impact - again with the 'abstractness' that feels misplaced in Eureka

there are only few things fitting in Eureka universe in this anime, and Truth is of course not among them, but i do like him, i think he is doing good job as a villain and certainly better as a character than the rest of the cast (+ good voice)

im trying to like this anime as standalone one, but i cant like it like that either

when i dont care about Naru being leaving with Truth, something is wrong...

everything seems weak, flat or bland i dont know, its good that plot has priority and sacrificing characters in the way is not a problem for me, but the plot itself is weak - it IS random... the events might be explained but it is forced and done very unnaturally - you expect something to happen, you expect that now we will have this or that explained but no they shake it all up and make weird coctail that doesnt follow rules of plot execution that should be followed

just think about how much did happen this ep, GB infiltrated, Nirvash took off alone, crashed, Ao in hospital, having the dream, mirror, Truth taking Naru, Naru being able to fly, lots of revelations and even some parts to slow things down (Gazell vomiting and his talk with dad) - DIDNT WORK! its so muchg happening that it slipps through your fingers - nobody from the cast can react to that pace and then it all falls apart because it feels artificial = no connections to characters (no flashbacks wont help!) = being bored, desire to skip parts(bad sign)
Guilty Crown has the same syndrom, for example CG managed to make the characters be mentally involved in the plot because the plot was actually their actions so they were immediately reacting to the events that are happening and were involved as much as they could - in other words everyone had their part

here, characters are observers that experience the plot but dont really take part in it, then, when they do - it feels like it happened in the second and like it doesnt really matter

the arguing that nothing happened in Eureka7 in the first eps is very weak, its not the plot alone that makes anime - its when you have the desire to know what will happen, Eureka 7 managed to show you what the characters were like
you saw what the characters desired, their wishes and all, right from the beginning, here even though you know what kind of person the character is ( for example Ao's grand father = Renton's grandfather), he doesnt show it ever

to sum this up - there is no soul in this, just like Guilty Crown - pretty and good in many ways, watchable but hollow

if i should name the opposite kind of show - Great Teacher Onizuka, the spirit there is so high up you love it immediatelly, no need for complex plot, speculating about pace of the episodes, visuals or anything
GTO is like small egg but very hard
Eureka AO is like big egg, but fragile, this anime is complete shell with everything but it lacks the substance the shell is supposed to protect

btw anybody else thinking the first scene with Truth (from last ep) feels like Darker than Blac? there was some guy noticing this too, even the music there was similar - very weird feeling - it was great, but seing those shows (Eden of the East ('bam' moment) was the 2nd one) makes me unable to appreciate this scene
sspitMay 25, 2012 2:43 PM
May 25, 2012 2:46 PM
Jan 2011
Ahri said:

Hey i like Accel World, and Cliche doesn't bother me.....It's just as someone else said...When it comes to this season.....I had other expectations, and i never expected it to pull out those types of cards based on the original series. I have no problems with Cliches if they are expected.

cliche is cliche for a reason...
i dont mind cliche either, but it can be used when it shouldnt - i like Truth type of character, but not in Eureka
May 25, 2012 3:17 PM

Oct 2011
I'm ready to see Ao grow some balls. Hell, if I was Naru I'd go with Truth too haha.

Seriously though, I wonder if he/it manipulated her memories or did it really happen that way. I also wanna know how she can fly and stuff.

I like the double looks of Elena/Mirror. Just for character design I ship her with Truth now haha.

More importantly I wait every week to see when we can get a glimpse or explanation for our originals characters.

May 25, 2012 3:27 PM
Aug 2010
MielxFoxie said:
Seriously though, I wonder if he/it manipulated her memories or did it really happen that way..

I got a weird feeling that he did and infact the shadow in the flashback... Behind that shadow was Nirvash.
May 25, 2012 3:30 PM

Dec 2009
AO clearly lacks Acperience and good directing.

I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

May 25, 2012 3:47 PM
Feb 2012
A wreck of an episode. Jesus Christ...
May 25, 2012 3:57 PM
Nov 2010
So much NTR rage in this thread.
May 25, 2012 5:48 PM

Oct 2011
Tyrel said:
Darkdrone said:
So many issues with the episode:

-So stupid that truth made an explosion but only mirror survived.
-In fact why is a scub coral research company hiring a singer in the first place?
-Smugglers are annoying and how they got the job in the first place is retarded
-Truth has to be the most wierdest enemy I have ever seen, from the get up to the holding a microphone and telling his goal to the enemy
-Rebecca should have died by Truth's attack but survived because of plot armour
-Such disrespect by Jiroh/Gazelle to his father, that pissed me off
-Didn't really notice how slutty Naru is dressed
-How the hell did Ao get to Naro was exactly? She was walking randomly alone and then appears with Truth
-Why didn't Ao use Nirvash to catch Naru
-The two above points was a dream (waste of time) but it did happen. Does that make sense?
-Naru going with Truth was unquestionable forced and didn't make sense and why the hell truth is even interested in Naro]

Biggest pet peeve with the show is how Ao looks like a lesbian dyke. Sorry but the hair cut is feminine (including the hair colour) and his god damn LFO custom.

FIX THIS PLEASE!

Some of your pet peeves are just stupid

-Naru - Dressing slutty, well thats not really slutty.. Compared to a lot of anime, but its getting there
-Singer- I believe she is Elena, just because of how she has the same skin color and how her voice is the same
-Naru going with truth, something to do with her past and how she got sick (Probably connected to -Truth). As we see a LFO near the end (TheEND LFO From E7)
-Jiroh/Gazelle disrespect? We always see this type of time in anime get used to it.
-How did Ao get to Naru? it was all a dream..if you payed attention (For Ao, it was a dream, but in reality it actually happened) Truth copied, Ao's form I believe, or Naru imagined Ao.

-So a 11-12 year old girl wearing booty shorts and a shirt that shows her midriff isn't slutty? So what do you consider slutty? If I was her father, I would be furious.
-You didn't explain to me how she survived the bombing by Truth that killed everyone but her
-You misunderstood. The problem isn't Naru going with Truth, its the fact that we had a dream of it and then it actually happened. What was the point of the dream?
-How do we always see this in anime? Granted Gazelle's dad is stubborn, but for his son to belittle him and call him a failure is ridiculous. We barely saw the relationship and he just destroys his dad. To top it off, we don't see his reaction and have to guess what his reaction is.
-You misunderstood again. The whole dream was a waste of time and was stupid. At first we see a dream from Naru's prospective (Truth turned into Ao) but then we see the dream through Ao's eyes. The dream was a train wreck to follow and added NOTHING to the story.
-I find it hilarious how Truth killed off all those officers with guns with a bomb but simply blows away Rebecca who ALSO had a gun. Why not make an explosion that kills only Rebecca but not Ao? You know why? She is protected by plot armour, bad lazy writing.

I still enjoy watching the series but it has some serious structural issues that need to be fixed or might drop it. BTW Eureka Seven first 7 episodes were much better than the 7 episodes we got from this series. We met Gekko State and learned about some of the characters. Each character had personality and was interesting, compared to this series where everyone besides Ao and Truth are cardboard.
GovMay 25, 2012 5:56 PM
May 25, 2012 5:51 PM

Jul 2010
Let's be patient people.

The E7 anime didn't really hit its stride until about 15 episodes in so let's not judge this one too harshly. We as the audience can only hope and pray that the story does improve.

Btw I bet that Truth guy is either a human secret or Ao from future.
Is it wrong for a growning boy to be a sucker for a good romance?
May 25, 2012 6:49 PM

Dec 2011
BXRBudda said:
Let's be patient people.

The E7 anime didn't really hit its stride until about 15 episodes in so let's not judge this one too harshly. We as the audience can only hope and pray that the story does improve.

I agree, so many people are jumping the gun on this series. Yeah, maybe I don't particularly like AO right now, but just in the way it is set up anyone that is capable of thought could guess that there is still some unknown card yet to be played. Maybe I'll end up disappointed, but it's better than being the moron that drops it without being reasonable enough to give it a chance.
May 25, 2012 7:23 PM

Jun 2010
There's a lot of negativity here, however we should be patient. At least there are dots being connected here, that should be taken into account.

BXRBudda said:
Btw I bet that Truth guy is either a human secret or Ao from the future.

Budda, I'm willing to bet that Truth is a humanoid Secret more than the second option. lol

But why would you think that?
May 25, 2012 7:34 PM

Jun 2007
This series lacks a lot of things and I'm not just saying that because I enjoyed the first season. It's becoming a growing trend, like Wakka pointed out, to make shows all actions with no substance. This show is a clear example of that. The story is lacking in a major way. E7 at least had a direction from the get go...this...not so much. I couldn't care less what happens to Naru or AO or anyone for that matter and that's a bad thing. There's no character attachment or development AT ALL right now and with a short series like this I can already tell it's gonna fall short because of it. E7's slow ass pace was packed with vital character development which made the ending that much more sweeter because we felt like we knew the characters.
May 25, 2012 7:54 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, crazy shit just went down and it got more confusing than it was before.
May 25, 2012 8:27 PM

Apr 2008
I liked this episode, especially the dream sequences. They reminded me of UN-GO's two-parter episode with the jail/dead director. Both UN-GO and E7 AO are written by Shou Aikawa, who I think is a much much better writer than Dai Sato: mainly because the political commentary is very spot-on.
'm guessing what happened w/ Truth, Naru and AO was a dream but I'm curious as to what role Naru will really serve in the coming episodes.

Some guesses:
--Return of theEND? Getting rid of 'that' could mean theEND or Nirvash, especially since we saw a fuzzy pic of type-0 before the ED.
--Truth must be a humanized coralian or a humanized secret or even a hybrid of the two. I'm leaning towards Coralian as he knows about Eureka.
--I'm starting to believe there's more than one Eureka, and the whole "sequel vs. alternate story" debate has some merits.

TL;DR: Sho Aikawa > Dai Sato
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
May 25, 2012 9:07 PM
Jan 2012
webkid94 said:
TL;DR: Sho Aikawa > Dai Sato

I agree with you. I feel like I'm one of the few who is enjoying this a lot more than the original E7. I think a lot of fans are mad that it's different from the original, but that's exactly what I wanted. E7 had a good story despite being a clone of Evangelion, but it did not need to be 50 episodes. A much better story could have been told in half the time.

The writing for Un-Go was spectacular as well. The mysteries could have been more fleshed out, but the social commentary was great.
May 25, 2012 9:24 PM
Jan 2012
I'm just curious as to how this world seems to have decades of history, while it's been assumed that 15-20 years have passed because of Ao's age and Eureka's appearance. I also want to know when/if Renton will ever be brought into the story because it seems to be all about him finding his mother... Is he not curious about his dad?
May 25, 2012 9:47 PM

Aug 2008
I agree with most that this episode does feel a little bit abrupt, however I finally feel as if we are getting somewhere and/or being told the actually plot of the show. I did comment on the last episode thread that I am in full support of Truth being a humanoid Secret, and will continue to stick by this notion until told outright otherwise.

The dreamscaping thing became tricksy and it was tedious to follow. This is probably one of the more difficult episodes, but the music was beautiful and it was still gorgeous.

I also think a lot of people are taking the connection to the original ES a little too seriously and it is sort of irritating me. As a HUGE fan of the original series, which I deem to be flawless and number one of my list, I think people are getting a little turned around. It was the build up and the learning curve applied to ES that made it so beautiful. It had up moments and down moments and I would expect nothing less from something the same title is applied to. However, despite the whole 'sequel' thing I feel that Astral Ocean is much more of a spin-off than anything else. It is its own story and I look forward to running with it.

That being said, I wonder if we are being too critical of AO so early on. It's only episode 7 after all... at least we're going to get a decent show! Unlike all those unfinished stupid 13 episode shorts thatve been popping up everywhere because they're too lazy to dedicate a real show to anything. (There are good 13 episode animes, like Baccano, that were MADE for that length, but lately I've been seeing a lot of bullshit anime made for the sake of pure fanservice that are nothing but crap tbh.)

If Naru's illness is from the scub coral, why is she okay around them but not anywhere else? And did she betray Ao, or does she simply not think Truth is the bad guy? Is he? What is the point of Mirror? I hope they let us know soon~
May 25, 2012 9:54 PM
Apr 2012

Anyone else notice this?
May 25, 2012 10:18 PM

Jan 2011
I just wanna say:
I actually enjoyed this episode. For once this episode made me feel like there might just be a plot worth watching. Who cares if for now the dreams were disjointed, sure they were obviously misplaced, but you have to accept it for now as there's a good chance it will be explained later. My only complaints are with Truth. My first thought was why is there a bell around his neck? So, I'm going to wait on him as well as almost the rest of the characters for decent character development. Another thought, why does it matter if it doesn't feel like the original series. Even if it's a sequel or spin-off there is no requirement for similarity except in universe. For those who say they're dropping this show, I think you should wait. Heck, as others have already pointed out, we're only seven episodes in.

fdsfgs said:

Anyone else notice this?

This made me go back and double check the episode. Maybe it's a foreshadow of a future modification of the current Nirvash.
May 25, 2012 10:21 PM

Mar 2010
Macklovin said:
BXRBudda said:
Let's be patient people.

I agree, so many people are jumping the gun on this series. Yeah, maybe I don't particularly like AO right now, but just in the way it is set up anyone that is capable of thought could guess that there is still some unknown card yet to be played. Maybe I'll end up disappointed, but it's better than being the moron that drops it without being reasonable enough to give it a chance.

Yeah I mean I think lots of the questions we have will be answered as we continue watching. I was a bit confused, yes, with the dream sequence, but I'm sure they'll explain why these things are happening. I'm def not going to drop it because:

1. I'm a big EUREKA SEVEN fan
2. It seems like a good anime
3. There are too many questions I want answered, and I'm gonna watch to know.
May 25, 2012 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
fdsfgs said:

Anyone else notice this?

Wow... that is strange. However, look at any other scene in the dream sequence with Ao piloting; it reverts back to the normal cockpit. I'm wondering if it was an animation slip-up, or if there's really something going on here with this. I'm probably gonna go with the former, as it was extremely abrupt, and never showed itself again. Actually, I'm wondering if BONES unintentionally spoiled us with this - perhaps the Nirvash gets an "upgrade" later on, and one of the animators accidentally used a cockpit design that wasn't meant to be seen till later. Very interesting, and good catch.
May 25, 2012 10:48 PM
Apr 2012
Dangerr said:
fdsfgs said:

Anyone else notice this?

Wow... that is strange. However, look at any other scene in the dream sequence with Ao piloting; it reverts back to the normal cockpit. I'm wondering if it was an animation slip-up, or if there's really something going on here with this. I'm probably gonna go with the former, as it was extremely abrupt, and never showed itself again. Actually, I'm wondering if BONES unintentionally spoiled us with this - perhaps the Nirvash gets an "upgrade" later on, and one of the animators accidentally used a cockpit design that wasn't meant to be seen till later. Very interesting, and good catch.

About 5-10 seconds later:

I don't know, it all just seems too deliberate to me to be an animation error/slip-up.
May 25, 2012 11:01 PM

Oct 2008
fdsfgs said:
Dangerr said:
fdsfgs said:

Anyone else notice this?

I don't know, it all just seems too deliberate to me to be an animation error/slip-up.

Currently in another discussion, regarding the same topic - I agree, it seems too deliberate. Both the flight-form and humanoid form differ greatly in design from the Type I Ao is currently piloting.

Gif:
DangerrMay 25, 2012 11:08 PM
May 25, 2012 11:15 PM
Apr 2012
Dangerr said:
fdsfgs said:
Dangerr said:
fdsfgs said:

Anyone else notice this?

Currently in another discussion, regarding the same topic - I agree, it seems too deliberate. Both the flight-form and humanoid form differ greatly in design from the Type I Ao is currently piloting.

Gif:
Dangerr said:
fdsfgs said:
Dangerr said:
fdsfgs said:

Anyone else notice this?

Gif:

I see you're in that thread as well. Not only that, but after Nirvash transforms it's pretty different from the normal Mark I as well - with said differences being consistent in pretty much every shot.

Edit: Nevermind the design is in a state of flux throughout the episode. It still seems deliberate to be QUALITY/animation mishaps, though.
fdsfgsMay 25, 2012 11:19 PM
May 26, 2012 12:24 AM

Jan 2011
Naru just became ..... gah im not even going to bother saying it -_____________-
May 26, 2012 12:36 AM
Apr 2012
EternalStarlight said:
Naru just became ..... gah im not even going to bother saying it -_____________-

Given that it all happened in a dream I'd say that it's likely she didn't. That portion of the dream was projecting Ao's insecurities and the fact that he's feeling pretty dominated by Truth.

Still Naru is with Truth now. We won't know if it was willingly or if he kidnapped her until we get more episodes.
fdsfgsMay 26, 2012 12:42 AM
May 26, 2012 1:20 AM

Sep 2011
I honestly don't know why so many people are whinging about E7:AO. I honestly rate AO higher than the original E7 at the minute IMO.

A few answers. Mirror wasn't killed by Truth, because he did not need to. You misunderstand Truth. Truth, much like his name suggests, appears to be working on a completely different plane to all the other characters; what appears good and evil to the Gen Blue people, probably aren't even a factor to Truth. Truth is merely looking desperately for answers. What answers? We will find out, but it will no doubt be related to why he exists like he does now.

The fact that people are saying that this story is bad because of plot holes is (1) wrong, and (2) hypocritical. People must have short memory, because even E7 had its share of plot holes + filler episodes. Plus I wouldn't really call certain parts plot holes. Just because an episode doesn't answer every question/problem it raises, does not mean it fails. Funnily enough, its actually a thing called suspense, anticipation and revelation.

Those who drop it early, I honestly don't know why. The plot feels tight and sharp, yet pretty pacey. Plus I like the fact that AO feels darker - it reminds me so much of Xam'd - which is easily my fave series.
May 26, 2012 4:00 AM

May 2009
Now after seeing all that different Nirvash forms my mind is full of fuck.
May 26, 2012 4:17 AM

Apr 2011
Don't worry Ao, even if Naru doesn't come back, you still have Fleur. :P

MagitoMay 26, 2012 4:21 AM
May 26, 2012 4:42 AM
Oct 2010
@fdsfgs - Good catch, those modifications within the dream. Those are without a doubt foreshadowing changes.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 26, 2012 5:12 AM
Jul 2018
jakeisquite said:

A sequel is not just limited to a continuation of a show. You can't argue with that, regardless of what you think a sequel is, this is a sequel having direct relation to the past series (with nirvash, scub corals, and eureka). Plus the show has more than half the way to go, don't get your panties in a bunch because there's nothing super solid that links it to the past series yet.

Oh, and anyone who really expected this to be exactly like the first E7 is a complete idiot. Different cast, in the distant future (at least a 15 year skip or however old AO is) so this obviously WASN'T going to be E7. Idiots need to realize that a sequel of this nature will more than likely have a different feel than previous series.

The main problem with this anime is not that it's completely different from prequel, but that it's totally fucked up, too much nonsense. Plus characters are absolutely uninteresting. Main cast especially. I don't know about others but as for me I didn't expect it to be same as original series, but to be as good as prequel was. E7 caught my interest from the beginning, while I watch E7 AO only because I hope that it will get better :<
May 26, 2012 5:33 AM
Aug 2010
Lolitha said:

The main problem with this anime is not that it's completely different from prequel, but that it's totally fucked up, too much nonsense. Plus characters are absolutely uninteresting. Main cast especially. I don't know about others but as for me I didn't expect it to be same as original series, but to be as good as prequel was. E7 caught my interest from the beginning, while I watch E7 AO only because I hope that it will get better :<

I'm of the opinion that you can't do crap with 24 eps, sadly. By the end of this sequel we will prolly get answers and explanations to many question from both E7 and AO but I doubt we'll be seeing any big character development :(. E7 did have a rather slow pace and some even say that the story could've been told in half the eps and be just as good if not better, but if it was that like that we would've missed out all the character development, which in the end is the essence of that show.

But there is still 17 eps left and time will tell.

I watch AO cuz it's fun but the character development is killing me :| I liked Ivica and Gazel from the beggining but there is no god damn development. We know jack shit about them :\

Ah I know ! WTB SOCCER EPS FOR AO !!!!!!!!!11
May 26, 2012 5:39 AM

Aug 2008
Mattafix (from yesterday I think) I completely agree with you and am glad there are people that see it this way! ^^

---

Also, wow that cockpit catch was a NICE one! Now I'm all excited to see the people who are supposed to be sitting in those dream seats~
May 26, 2012 5:56 AM
Jul 2018
triforcebih said:
Lolitha said:

I'm of the opinion that you can't do crap with 24 eps, sadly. By the end of this sequel we will prolly get answers and explanations to many question from both E7 and AO but I doubt we'll be seeing any big character development :(. E7 did have a rather slow pace and some even say that the story could've been told in half the eps and be just as good if not better, but if it was that like that we would've missed out all the character development, which in the end is the essence of that show.

But there is still 17 eps left and time will tell.

I watch AO cuz it's fun but the character development is killing me :| I liked Ivica and Gazel from the beggining but there is no god damn development. We know jack shit about them :

Ah I know ! WTB SOCCER EPS FOR AO !!!!!!!!!11

Agree completely, there are fine examples how story can't be told in few eps. There is nothing worse than rushed story >:( those people are wrong. E7 had really interesting characters and development made them even better. E7 AO is not character wise and development would be the only cute to that but as you said if there will not be any.... that would be disappointment.

Yay for soccer ep, it was great.
May 26, 2012 6:12 AM

Apr 2011
I'm not getting anything at all.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
May 26, 2012 7:40 AM

May 2010
Ao had a dream about his girl being NTR but damn it came true
May 26, 2012 8:37 AM

Oct 2011
Show is becoming trash and the score going down everyday or so is the result. The first episode was amazing but after that it went hill into a gutter. I can probably forgive many of the plot holes for this show, IF AND ONLY IF the characters were interesting. I seen a lot of anime but I never seen a cast of boring and unimagined characters in recent memory.

Too many characters with not enough development just splashed on to the show. Just compare Gekko State to Generation Bleu that's it. So many interesting characters that are relatble and you have emotion for. I actually hated Dominic and Ammenoia early on but grew to love them as time went by. I don't feel anything for the characters in E7 Ao at all. Hell when Truth blew up all those soldiers, I could care less.

Lastly the leads of the show. I think Ao is a great main character because he contrasts his father so well. But Naru is a generic damsel in distress, nice girl.....yawn. Eureka was so much more interesting as a character and her development as a character. The Generation Bleu pilots in this show are so generic and bland that my early morning toast has more flavour.

Also Gekko State was beloved by the fans for its freedom and its rogue crew members. But Generation Bleu is some powerful company that have all these resources and levels of management that it feels way to military. Wish we had Gekko State back because I really enjoyed there missions.

So far this show is 6/10 as of right now but it can recover to maybe a 7/10 if they make some changes.
GovMay 26, 2012 8:40 AM
May 26, 2012 9:04 AM
Aug 2010
Seems like the majority of the Eureka 7 fanbase is retarded
May 26, 2012 10:21 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
triforcebih said:
Seems like the majority of the Eureka 7 fanbase is retarded

Oh well, nostalgia can do strange things some times.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 26, 2012 11:02 AM

Oct 2011
Raigerzero said:
My biggest problem with this anime as of yet is that we understand nothing, and that lack of understand is thrown in our faces over and over again.

In the beginning of the original Eureka Seven, Renton has a "childish" dream of joining Gekkostate since they are cool, rebel-type refboarders. Succeeds. Then it becomes a "Renton in the Gekko" type arc where he develops along with the other characters. At this point, the only mysteries are about his father and sister, Eureka's past, and the Nirvash- not too important to the plot as of the moment. Nice pace. Complicates later on, but as we all know, the story was very well done.

In the beginning of AO: where is Eureka and Renton? How did Naru get sick? Why is the Nirvash completely mechanical now? Why is the Scub Coral so different in both its defenses, apperance, and behavior? How does trapar work in this world? We know nothing about anyone. Why does everyone want the Nirvash and those green cubes from the scub coral? What exactly does Ao hope to accomplish in Generation Bleu? Only find his mother? What is Truth's deal and SOOOOOO overpowered?

BIGGY: Why does Naru completely flip around here? "Oh.....I'm Wendy and Peter Pan is here to get me. He's my romantic sea giant. Better ignore my 14-years-in-the-making friendship/possible-love-interest with my best friend."

HUGE: How did Noah outrun his pursuers?

Exactly way to many questions unanswered and I bet as we move forward more questions will be raised. Sloppy writing and bad execution.
May 26, 2012 11:29 AM
Apr 2012
There's nothing wrong with having plenty of unanswered questions when the series isn't even halfway over yet. It's not sloppy writing as long as they're all eventually answered by the end, and in the meantime it helps fuel speculation and discussion, which imo is always a good thing. I personally prefer this as opposed to being spoonfed everything.
May 26, 2012 11:30 AM

May 2009
Raigerzero said:
How did Naru get sick?

Scub burst when she was 5.
Raigerzero said:
How does trapar work in this world?

Probably same, but there is less trapars, and places without them.
Raigerzero said:
BIGGY: Why does Naru completely flip around here? "Oh.....I'm Wendy and Peter Pan is here to get me. He's my romantic sea giant. Better ignore my 14-years-in-the-making friendship/possible-love-interest with my best friend."

It was dream, we don't know how he mindfucked her. And they are 12.
Raigerzero said:
HUGE: How did Noah outrun his pursuers?

For teh lulz.
May 26, 2012 11:40 AM

Oct 2011
fdsfgs said:
There's nothing wrong with having plenty of unanswered questions when the series isn't even halfway over yet. It's not sloppy writing as long as they're all eventually answered by the end, and in the meantime it helps fuel speculation and discussion, which imo is always a good thing. I personally prefer this as opposed to being spoonfed everything.

This show ends in 17 episodes and we barely know anything that is going on. Its going to be a rush to cram in everything that fits into this show. They should have gave us a little back story on certain parts or something.
May 26, 2012 2:01 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Im getting a bit confused by this episode. Let's hope there's some answers soon.

Truth is such a boring villain. Yawn.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 26, 2012 3:11 PM

Jan 2011
Naru -___- whyyy?!
May 26, 2012 3:14 PM

Feb 2010
Things don't make much sense now - not that it was making much in early episodes. Is Truth actually that theEND-like IFO? And he's also Naru's IFO? For what I could understand from this episode, seems like it.

Weak episode, not dropping though, I'll keep watching for the mechas, but then again, I only passed through the first half of original Eureka SeveN because of the mechas. So, it's too soon to say that's a bad show overral.

note: I really liked "Hallelujah" (Fluer's IFO), good thing we going to be able to see him in humanoid form again next episode.
May 26, 2012 4:15 PM

Oct 2008
Raigerzero said:
After typing this, need to say it: Aren't you guys annoyed that Truth's stated motivation is "to find Truth"? Its such a stereotypical thing in animes to say some vague thing like that.

"Truth" to him is obviously something substantiated in his mind, while it's meant as intentionally cryptic to us.

I've been a pretty big supporter of this show thus far, but I'll agree, if we don't get any good character development next episode, then we'll be too far overdue (fortunately, it seems Fleur and Ao will at least be getting some focus next time around).

As for this last episode, I think it really did a good job dropping in the subtleties, though the first half, as I'll reiterate, made for pretty sloppy and mediocre entertainment.
May 26, 2012 4:57 PM

Apr 2011
Fanservice keeps annoying me
May 26, 2012 5:12 PM

Aug 2009
I haven't wrote in ages here but the discussion sparked my interest in one point: To everyone saying that AO feels so vastly different from E7, yes that's very true but I'm surprised nobody thought of a way how this all could be very well done on purpose.
Truth repeatedly states that the world here is erroneous and misguided and this makes me think that everything in AO is purposefully different from E7 to make it to us watchers really "all wrong". I don't know how many here have played Kingdom Hearts 2
but for those that did, remember how Twilight Town, the place you spent the beginning of the game at was all just more or less a fabricated world of illusion?

Of course my theory is at the moment right pulled out of thin air but seeing the twists we saw in E7 I can see this happening. What if something terrible happened on the original earth and Eureka, being pregnant, just wanted to have a safe place for Ao to
grow up at and the Coral placed her into this 2025 world, whatever it might be. (Either a created world. A dreamed world. A alternate dimension etc. only existing for some reason and not because it should actually exist.)
She left Ao there to be safe and got either caught by the US or left again. Granted I don't really have anything that supports this theory all too well but it was atleast a idea I wanted to share.
The large ref-board secret made me think of that partially. What I could also imagine is that Ao is actually in a dream-like state on the normal and nothing of what we saw so far is completely real.

Before we know, Ao and Piped Piper might leave this entire "erroneous world" behind and return to the original earth, if I can see anyone doing such a plot then it's Bones.

And as a side-note, it isn't mentioned in the subs I have but did anyone else notice that when the characters refer to the ships like the Triton, they actually seem to say Triton-Go?
SkyDXMay 26, 2012 5:23 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode (23 &amp;) 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Nov 19, 2012

433 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2012

96 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.