Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2012 12:18 PM

Dec 2006
Mmm I don't know how I feel about this anime ;o; It brought me tears.

But Lemon being part of the MIB was epic LOL and even rinon was there! xD. Tetsurou & Mio possible relationship was great also since kanna wouldn't appreciate tetsurou at all!.

I really never stood Ichika and Kaito, every time they were alone I felt like puking rainbow -3- , even though everyone else was wonderful I can't really give this a 10/10 >.<

8/10 because I loved lemon, rinon, tetsurou & the opening and ending theme songs x3
Mar 27, 2012 12:43 PM
Sep 2008
8/10

deus machina endings indicate incompetence though
fourberieMar 27, 2012 12:49 PM
Mar 27, 2012 1:03 PM
Dec 2007
Genix said:
Umm fine anime I guess...

So let me get this straight:
Ichika managed to return in the end cuz the Men in Black organization managed to reverse-engineer at least some sort of spaceship prototype that could travel at superluminal speeds thanks to Rino's assistance (and possibly Ichika's sister) within the span of several years therefore upgrading Earth's status and allowing "first contact" with this Galactic Organization?? Riiiight... well at least things worked out in the end. Oh and Remon WAS quite cool, hands-down my favorite character.
You sure have a whole story made up in your head. I'm more willing to bite that she did the same thing Mizuho did: escape from her planet again and crash land on Earth. Her sister might have helped her do the "delete all info about Earth" part as well. And yes, that's why there was no information about Earth in Ichika's maps, Mizuho deleted any evidence the planet even existed.

Mar 27, 2012 1:08 PM
Jan 2012
I was definitely ready for Kaito to never see Ichika again but I'm so glad he did! I want to find out when and how it happened!!!!! :D
Mar 27, 2012 1:11 PM

Jan 2011
There are some trolls in here

Guilty Crowns ending has nothing to do with this.

This show's ending was great and emotional. Explains why you're so butthurt.

So was Guilty Crown's. I guess there were just too many layers of complexity for your to wrap your mind around.
Mar 27, 2012 1:17 PM

Sep 2008
Sadly this anime lends itself to be compared to Ichicgo 100% which is about... 200% better.
I'm mad that one of the relationships was never consolidated, and by one, I mean the one that mattered.

I guess the anime had it's moments, but it could have been better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2012 1:38 PM

Mar 2011
10/10 best anime for the season >>!!! (out of what I watched, but I don't watch animes if they atleast gave hinted romance). I loved the ending! Lemon owned with her bazooka and transformer >>
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Mar 27, 2012 1:47 PM
Jul 2011
Ending - sux... i want bonus episode or ova...
Mar 27, 2012 2:21 PM

Jun 2009
That ending was perfect. I really loved everyone gathering to watch a film and then passing it on to others. This was perfect closure.
I enjoyed series as a whole and have no complaints about it. Remon was awesome as always and I'm glad I got to find out who's that mysterious Satoshi. Good to know. Also, Remon wasn't lying when she said that she's from MIB? This ep. toally confirmed it. So, from me it's 10/10. I would give 11/10 if Tetsurou and Mio started going out, though.
Mar 27, 2012 3:06 PM

May 2011
Straight romance just doesn't seem to be my thing.
The ending was nice though glad she came back
Mar 27, 2012 3:08 PM
Jan 2011
They could have explained the ending instead of wasting all that time messing around. Remon just randomly happens to be part of the MIB. Did she just stick around the school waiting for aliens? Is she suppose to be related to Ichigo from Please Teacher? I'm guessing they took the ship designs and built their own ship and hooked up with the federation?And if that was Mizuho that left that message? That doesn't make sense when you watch the ending of Please Teacher. And how much time separates these shows?They make it sound like decades.Hopefully there is an OVA to explain all the holes they left behind.
Mar 27, 2012 3:41 PM

Jun 2011
9/10
e enjoyed a lot this show
Mar 27, 2012 3:55 PM

Oct 2009
8/10 for me for this series. The inconclusive love pentagon is the thing that lowered the score for me. Not sure where all the characters stand against each other after Ichika left. Does Kanna still like Kaito? Does Tetsuro still have feelings for Kanna? At the start of the series some of us guessed that the couple pairings would be:

Kaito x Kanna
Tetsuro x Mio
Remon and Ichika can stay forever alone (jks)

But all the relationships were a bit hazy at the end. I know it might've been better to just let everyone have mixed feelings for each other, but it just feels kind of weird, I dunno.

I'm glad for that teaser shot at the very end with Ichika wearing the coat that Kaito's sister bought; of course it makes you suspect she came back to Earth, and then of course it makes you think about how Kaito and Ichika's relationship ended up as a result. Nobody knows for sure, but that's up to the viewer's imagination.
Mar 27, 2012 4:21 PM

May 2008
Dr_Smurph said:
Ahri said:
Dr_Smurph said:
KingCez said:
sad its ended. was one of my top to watch series this seaosn. i did like it. especially the MIB dudes coming out and the HQ remon went to rofl. reminded me of the men in black movies haha. i did see she came back and loved that. thought it wouldve been more touching, probably is but i expected a ton more. was the voice at the end when they reachthe place mizuho sensei?

That's what some people have been saying. I couldn't really tell. I am curious as to what was written on the tree. I assume it was something written by Mizuho and Kei.

Ah it says "Mizuho" read around and found that. That makes this even better.

I'd say it's an easter egg more than anything though....Mostly because the voice said she was forced to leave. Mizuho wasn't, as well as this series gave off the vibe that the alien federation didn't know about planet Earth, however in Onegai, they had a name for it....Was a bunch of numbers but still.

Onegai Spoilers Below and an explanation of the tie in

I watch Onegai Sensei myself and know this happend but
Mar 27, 2012 5:20 PM

Dec 2009

SEXY

BDNVDVCNXLS what happened to my Mio/Kanna/SOMEONE x Tetsurou ending? ;; -mad-

Bleh. Well, must say i enjoyed the "normal" parts of the anime, the development every episode was really good. Too bad the ending didn't have more of my favorite characters.

8/10
Mar 27, 2012 6:00 PM

Mar 2010
Great series and I really like how they did the ending leaving it to the viewers to figure out how it ended. I knew the second they showed the video with her wearing that shirt that she had come back. I really didn't notice all the references to Onegai Teacher, its been a while since i saw it but now that i have read some of the comments makes me want to re-watch Onegai and then come back to re-watch this so i can put the two together and make my own interpertations of the whole combination. Its definitely something to look forward to doing. Overall i really liked this series only thing i really wished for was a lil more on the side characters at the very end but still a great ending to a great anime.

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Mar 27, 2012 6:45 PM

Feb 2012
as much as this episode was sweet and lovable. and that instead of dwelling over possible romances, this anime actually DID SOMETHING about it for the most part.
this anime didn't really do anything to fabulous to me. i don't know, it didn't really stick out or anything. /: but i'm giving it an 8/10 because it was a nice journey. it was mellow and sweet and just right.

i guess i just didn't really connect with anyone other than mio and testurou.

oh and MIB remon. ahahhaha.

good series.
Mar 27, 2012 8:26 PM

Mar 2011
awww it ended .. best anime for this year ;) hope theyll make OVA's
Mar 27, 2012 10:34 PM

Jun 2008
Much better than I was expecting. 8/10.
Mar 28, 2012 12:42 AM
Aug 2011
JustiX-NL said:
Dr_Smurph said:
Ahri said:
Dr_Smurph said:
KingCez said:
sad its ended. was one of my top to watch series this seaosn. i did like it. especially the MIB dudes coming out and the HQ remon went to rofl. reminded me of the men in black movies haha. i did see she came back and loved that. thought it wouldve been more touching, probably is but i expected a ton more. was the voice at the end when they reachthe place mizuho sensei?

That's what some people have been saying. I couldn't really tell. I am curious as to what was written on the tree. I assume it was something written by Mizuho and Kei.

Ah it says "Mizuho" read around and found that. That makes this even better.

I'd say it's an easter egg more than anything though....Mostly because the voice said she was forced to leave. Mizuho wasn't, as well as this series gave off the vibe that the alien federation didn't know about planet Earth, however in Onegai, they had a name for it....Was a bunch of numbers but still.

Onegai Spoilers Below and an explanation of the tie in

I watch Onegai Sensei myself and know this happend but

Tie in Teacher spoilers
Mar 28, 2012 12:54 AM

Dec 2011
when they sat down to watch the movie i had pure chills till the end. god i love Remon. i was going to give the show an 8 but because this ending was wonderful and this is the ONLY comedy/drama that has come close to matching Toradora in terms of balancing the two genres along with a wonderful dynamic cast, i'm bumping it up to a 9.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Mar 28, 2012 1:50 AM

Feb 2012
I loved Remon in the suit and the glasses, she looked EPIC :3 She was oddly my favorite character even though she didn't go through much development. xD
Mar 28, 2012 1:54 AM

Jul 2011
Good final!

I already knew that was going to end up like Onegai Teacher but the end still surprise me a bit.

Remon as a MIB member was hilarious.

I will give 9/10 to this series because I enjoyed every episode and there are very few animes that have this quality!
Mar 28, 2012 2:31 AM

Apr 2009
Aah, it was fun while it lasted. But the ending really sucked. It's understandable that they were running out of screentime, but still, could've planned the whole thing better. It's nice to see that Ichika is apparently back (and Rinon too - or what, Ichika has to go back no matter what, to preserve secrecy... or something, but that creature is perfectly okay?), but that whole glimpse in the end - blink and you'll miss it - was seriously unconvincing.
Mar 28, 2012 6:25 AM

Apr 2011
Absolutely beautiful. Probably a 9 or 10. Ahhh!! Can't make up my mind.
Mar 28, 2012 9:19 AM

May 2011
Liinah said:

SEXY

BDNVDVCNXLS what happened to my Mio/Kanna/SOMEONE x Tetsurou ending? ;; -mad-

Bleh. Well, must say i enjoyed the "normal" parts of the anime, the development every episode was really good. Too bad the ending didn't have more of my favorite characters.

8/10

Lemon was by far the biggest wild card in the show. You always felt there was more to her than was on the surface. It was to the point of speculation whether she was a alien herself.

The whole part of her being part of MIB was quite interesting. Yes, MIB does have a cheesy pop culture element to it. But the reveal explained a lot about how she was able to pull off the things she did. How she knew about Ichika from the start. Why she was always making snide vague remarks about her age. Even the part when she rolls her eyes when the others were telling a frightened Ichika there was "no such thing as MIB." she even tells them after that she was "an MIB agent" and the laughed at it. In some cases the reveal of her actually being MIB made those scenes more hilarious.

It also helped with any possible consistency issues with Lemon always being at the right place at the right time. It tells us that she was a Woman among boys and girls. Also, that she had the resources to handle monitoring the situation and pushing the developments in the right direction.

MIB thing wasn't an asspull as someone tried to put it. It was the plan from the start. The references to MIB were made throughout the series. It was done very well.

I think the only thing that could have been done to make Lemon's story better is the reveal that she was a transfer student herself. They made it rather ambiguous as to why she had a different school uniform than everyone else. I don't think having her also be a transfer student would have done anything to ruin the big surprise.
Mar 28, 2012 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
This series was kinda good i guess, 6/10

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 28, 2012 10:34 AM

Dec 2009
Cirris said:
The whole part of her being part of MIB was quite interesting. Yes, MIB does have a cheesy pop culture element to it. But the reveal explained a lot about how she was able to pull off the things she did. How she knew about Ichika from the start.

What i'm still wondering is if she already knew/were researching about aliens, or if she only did it after knowing Ichika and so.
Mar 28, 2012 1:09 PM

Jul 2010
That was actually a really beautiful ending. I've been very pleasantly surprised with it. I honestly thought that Senpai would stay with Kai. The show as a whole was very well executed, despite having a cliche story and uninteresting main characters. The side characters were well-developed though and I really enjoyed them.

I used to be a die-hard Kanna fan, and thus hated Kai and Ichika, but seeing them like this has really changed me. I feel happy for them and I'm rooted them on this last episode :)

And about the ending: DID ICHIKA COME BACK?! <33
Oh, and the whole scenario of the last scene was sweet.
I wasn't too attached to Ichika or Kai, so I didn't cry, but I must admit the last scenes were very touching. Tugged on the heartstrings :)

So. I give the show an 8/10. This ending deserves a 9/10, but the show overall was very cliche; nothing very original. The animation and execution were amazing though, so it gets props for that :3

5/5
Mar 28, 2012 1:13 PM
Dec 2007
Yes, Ichika came back. You can tell. She had the clothes Kaito's sister brought her AFTER she had left. Kinda impossible to give someone something when they aren't there no? And the movie at the end is supposed to be a year after she left Earth. Basically, she either ran away or at the very worst she was granted permission to come back for "business". The fact an MIB exists at the very least means Earth knows of alien civilizations so really, wouldn't they at least consider them in a "probabtion" status rather than outright primitive (as in, already knowledgeable but not yet capable of intergalatic travel).
Liinah said:
Cirris said:
The whole part of her being part of MIB was quite interesting. Yes, MIB does have a cheesy pop culture element to it. But the reveal explained a lot about how she was able to pull off the things she did. How she knew about Ichika from the start.

What i'm still wondering is if she already knew/were researching about aliens, or if she only did it after knowing Ichika and so.
If she "is" Ichigo then she knew. Even if she didn't she probably did. She basically trolled her with the whole alien thing from the very begginning of her movie script.
Leon-GunMar 28, 2012 1:19 PM

Mar 28, 2012 1:27 PM
Jan 2011
Ok, so Remon is not an alien but a member of MIB and so as Tetsuro's brother in law..........

So, there is a bit of connection between "Onegai Taecher" and this anime.

So, this anime kinda gave us a hint that Icihka had come back.
Mar 28, 2012 6:41 PM

Sep 2010
Ichika comes back at the end cause she is wearing the shirt that Kaito's sister brought back from Bolivia.

The last two episodes were great, but otherwise the story was pretty generic.

7/10 AnoNatsu was a decent watch.

Remon FTW!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 28, 2012 7:19 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha.
Remon is a freakin' MIB agent! That explains how she can drive that transforming van.
She might be an heiress. Hahaha. Love her.

I thought it would be a bittersweet ending, but she got the jacket!!!
This series redeemed itself!
8/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2012 12:04 AM

Oct 2011
not a bad ending :D
though i'd probably miss Lemon the most
Nope.
Mar 29, 2012 12:45 AM

Sep 2008
I really have no regrets having watched this anime.

I rofl'ed when they revealed that MIB exists in this anime.

Good thing we got a happy ending after all!

8/10

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Mar 29, 2012 2:47 AM

Jul 2010
Great anime, only lacking in the ending.

That last scene was unnecessary. It did not confirm nor reject whether ichika and kaito eventually got back together.

Knowledge that the MIB had a spacecraft already suggested that there was the possibility.

Ichika being in a video makes u wonder whether they eventually met up or if it was special effects
Mar 29, 2012 11:35 AM

Mar 2009
O_O MIB Japan Branch... lol made me do a double take...

I like the ending... I was thinking she will prob get taken away just like Onegai Sensei but come back later on. Hmm... I wonder if there is a second season.
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Mar 29, 2012 12:20 PM

Sep 2011
A boring, cliche, cheesy and predictable anime that threw in the alien genre just to raise conflict and try to make it different. The only character I even liked was Remon. Everyone else I could careless for. Can't see why everyone is fawning over it. You must be new to the harem genre.
5/10 average at best. Considering lowering to a 4.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Mar 29, 2012 6:36 PM

Jul 2009
It's the MIB!!!
Finally they do appear! xD

And they brought the Sims with them - regarding that thing coming out of the lake...
Mar 29, 2012 9:37 PM
Mar 2011
-LovelyTsundere said:
A boring, cliche, cheesy and predictable anime that threw in the alien genre just to raise conflict and try to make it different. The only character I even liked was Remon. Everyone else I could careless for. Can't see why everyone is fawning over it. You must be new to the harem genre.

Lol, you sound like an unpleasant person.
Mar 29, 2012 10:20 PM

Jan 2012
-LovelyTsundere said:

you're not alone little lady...

Onegai Teacher is 1000x better than this zzzz series, and it's more than 10 years old
Mar 30, 2012 2:17 PM

Jan 2012
flaxman85 said:
-LovelyTsundere said:

you're not alone little lady...

Onegai Teacher is 1000x better than this zzzz series, and it's more than 10 years old

I have already read a cool story from you, now you need to get some more cool story bro, otherwise i wont read the next.
Mar 30, 2012 4:48 PM
Dec 2008
SHE CAME BACK IN THE END
OMG LOVED THE ENDING
Mar 30, 2012 5:12 PM

Jan 2011
Nice wrap-up with connections to Onegai series and plausible connections between Remon and Ichigo. The additional ending scene in the screening of the movie at school with Ichika dressed in Bolivian souvenir shirt confirms that she came back relatively quickly. I will leave this with a high mark if only because Remon was such a troll....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 30, 2012 10:06 PM

Nov 2011
I enjoyed the animation of the whole series. Ya the story was a little cliched but the whole "she's an alien thing" was interesting.

The ending did make me happy though ;D i thought for sure she was gone forever but there she was in the shirt kai's sister bought her!
Mar 31, 2012 11:04 AM

Jun 2008
Loved the ending too much to talk about so I'll just ask this.

I really think this and Onegai Teacher are the same universe so after that ending I have a theory: Ano Natsu was before Onegai Teacher because if you think about it in that series she's half human half alien and they all make contact with humans with no issue.
Does anyone else think this is plausible?
Mar 31, 2012 11:15 AM
Feb 2011
They need to make the OVA about lets say Ichika's sister comes to earth to bring Kaito to there planet to take back Ichika! That would be interesting to see.
Mar 31, 2012 12:47 PM

Sep 2007
Ah finished ^^ this was an awesome series. Kaito and Ichika got back together only shown in the film movie which Kaito finally completed and Ichika's spaceship broke again XD.
I was suprised to hear Kazami's Voice from Onegai Teacher in this last episode. And is that the SAME Lake that took place in Onegai Teacher as well?
And I believe Remon is Ichigo, even after so many years passed she still has the "standstill" condition for being eternally 17. Well thats my theory anyways :P.
Mar 31, 2012 1:01 PM

Oct 2011
cloudsora said:
Loved the ending too much to talk about so I'll just ask this.

I really think this and Onegai Teacher are the same universe so after that ending I have a theory: Ano Natsu was before Onegai Teacher because if you think about it in that series she's half human half alien and they all make contact with humans with no issue.
Does anyone else think this is plausible?

But from the scene at the lake it looks like it's the opposite
first was Onegai and than some time later Ichika came to Earth
also it was told that memory of this event were somehow erased

what is weird was, if I recall properly, Onegai was set in some future but here we don't see to much of advance (ok in Onegai also but it was told if memory serves)
Apr 1, 2012 12:05 AM

Jan 2011
Loved it! Hmmm prob my favorite show this season. It really didn't disappoint me at all. The last two episodes were pretty powerful.

Thank God Ichika was able to come back to Earth. Going to have to give props to Remon and Rinon (...and MIB lol) for that advancement.

It would of been an excellent serious regardless but the way it ended left me with smile and a tear instead of just the latter.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tenshiholic - Mar 5, 2012

277 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.