Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Mar 28, 2012 2:58 AM

Aug 2011
_Vincent_ said:
Ishkur said:
And seeing the difference between manga and anime ( 5 manga chapters ), they would have to make at least 1~1,5 year of fillers and put mini-fillers in the middle of the saga, like they did with Hueco Mundo.
This way is better, after all.

That was absolutely terrible. They definitely made the right decision this time.

The right decision would have been to go on a break after episode 310, not 56 episodes later.
Mar 28, 2012 3:28 AM
Oct 2011
^
I guess they wanted ichigo to have his powers back, cz anyway this arc doesn't look like having any connection to the last arc except for ichigo getting his powers back and showing that he''s matured :P
Mar 28, 2012 6:09 AM

Jan 2009
A possible naruto spin-off would be about the 4th yondaime according to this:

Anyways I'm content with the bleach anime ending.
ItadakiimasuMar 28, 2012 6:25 AM
Mar 28, 2012 6:59 AM

Aug 2011
Itadakiimasu said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/12979/Rock_Lee_no_Seishun_Full-Power_Ninden

Kishimoto wasn't the one to make the original manga, though.
Mar 28, 2012 10:57 AM

Jan 2009
Tiago97 said:

You're joking right? btw

Naruto (NARUTO—ナルト—?, romanized as NARUTO) is an ongoing Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Masashi Kishimoto. The plot tells the story of Naruto Uzumaki
Mar 28, 2012 11:30 AM

Aug 2011
Itadakiimasu said:
Tiago97 said:

You're joking right? btw

Naruto (NARUTO—ナルト—?, romanized as NARUTO) is an ongoing Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Masashi Kishimoto. The plot tells the story of Naruto Uzumaki

Obviously I'm not talking about Naruto, I'm talking about the Rock Lee manga that is written and illustrated by Kenji Taira.
I should have made that clearer....
Mar 28, 2012 8:08 PM

Aug 2011
I can't imagine my Tuesdays without the usual Bleach, even the fillers. I'm sure we all have been watching Bleach for years. It's unbelievable that the show would actually end. Hope they do have some kinda of OVA or that they are just going to take a break and pick up again afterwards.

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Mar 28, 2012 9:17 PM

Nov 2011
Well it does feel real weird and rather sad to see bleach go.

Although after aizen there really was but one other enemy.....but I will not say more :)

Anyway I do hope they include the TRUE ending and the last part of the series in an OVA or something, otherwise I'd be disappointed.

Oh and they should have tried to go with: more story, less filler.

Example: they could have made the arrancar harder to defeat, the deception ark could have been longer (than a mere 60 or so episodes) ect and fillers would have been avoidable. Oh well.

It was fun while it lasted thats for damn sure. Planning to rewatch and skip all fillers to get the maximum experience.

See you in ovas my friends.
Mar 28, 2012 9:21 PM

Nov 2011
Tiago97 said:
Itadakiimasu said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/12979/Rock_Lee_no_Seishun_Full-Power_Ninden

Why.

Look honestly while this is not about naruto at all since it came up I'll address it.

Kishimoto Screwed the pooch BIG TIME when it comes to that series.

He had countless oppurtunities to make it more raw, more hardcore, and more brutal, as it should have been and each time he just softened it.

He had many chances to kill off key characters to promote a proper character development progression and when his golden goose with the Pain fight came he just through the baby out with the bathwater and res'd all of his dead characters.

And then if you look at the current episodes of the manga you see hes basically softening all of the tailed beasts (somewhat).

Just feels utterly ridiculous to me. Oh well.

We will see if he makes something of it as it comes to an end but I am not holding my breath at this point considering all the BSery hes done so far.

The sad part is, that show concept actually had major potential from a certain standpoint, yet time after time he just neglected the chances so he could make it more "kid friendly" -_- ugh.

Oh well anything could happen I guess.
Mar 28, 2012 9:24 PM

Nov 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
RyanSaotome said:
Candor said:
a Naruto spin-off, Lee Chronicles i guess

Which I think is a hilarious way to send Bleach off. What better way to end Bleach than to replace it with some Naruto spin off? Naruto fans will get the last laugh there.
im sure studio Pierrot is doing it just to piss bleach fans off, its pretty obvious they really dont like that series

Either way, for reason I stated above, naruto can burn for all I care.

Bleach will end with some sort of OVA series and thats the way it ought to be, imo, the more I think about it.
Apr 6, 2012 8:49 AM

May 2007
SoS_Angel said:
fezakyuu said:
Now I know it has an actual end I can think about watching it again.

my exact thoughts

looks like just more proof anime is dying tho =/

My thoughts as well. The whole business is going under in my opinion.
Apr 8, 2012 8:50 AM

Jan 2010
Just finished watching ep 366 and kinda surprised to see it ending while I'm positive there should be more.

Can't wait!
Apr 8, 2012 8:58 AM

Sep 2011
AlchemicEvent said:

Either way, for reason I stated above, naruto can burn for all I care.
its funny seeing this be said since in the end bleach is the one burning here

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 8, 2012 4:35 PM

Apr 2009
DAMN! Didn't they say that the manga was continuing? Hopefully they'll be an OVA or two about the new manga arc. I mean, I don't like Bleach (even in manga form) but I don't like to see anime completely finished.
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Apr 14, 2012 9:39 AM

Apr 2009
i really liked bleach and i`m kinda sad to see it end(never thought it will be this soon *going to watch the last eps of Bleach*) T__T, but i guess it`s the time now, i still hope for a second season, like naruto(i like that too) but i guess some ovas will do too :P
i`m wondering what will come next to replace bleach, excluding the naruto spin off which all of you are talking about since that`s not important... hope it will be at least as good as bleach ^^
You can join too!!!

Apr 18, 2012 3:03 AM
Jul 2009
Rly? Come on. There was no thing about King( that was mentioned after the defeat of Aizen) not to mention god of shimigamis, what happened to arrancars, ichigos hollow. Rukia did not kiss him at all and words with it does not matter how many times I'll say goodB because we will see again state that bleach could continue OR just state that it could last forever(that's why they ended it) one more thing with fullbringers. I don't see a reason for them to dissapear, instead of it they should join Kurosaki.

btw:
http://puu.sh/qcW5

HM???
batonikApr 18, 2012 3:23 AM
xxx
Apr 19, 2012 5:23 PM

Jul 2011
Serduszko said:

btw:
http://puu.sh/qcW5

HM???

It's the new arc of the manga. Only the anime ended, the manga is still ongoing, so someone just edited wikipedia ( it's a print from wikipedia, right? ) and put the arc's name there.
Apr 24, 2012 8:49 AM
Dec 2010
Seeing all the comments in this trend, all i can say is that people really lacks empathy and especially when this people tend to like the same hobby, because in the end i dont desire any fan of a particular anime, lets say for instance naruto, conan, one piece, faity tail, etc., the ending of those anime series without the proper ending of the story, at least the way is intended in the manga, even if i dont like one piece, which i do, for any reasons at all, doesnt make me wish and/or be happy for its cancelation, because i know the one pice fans really deserve to see the ending of their favorite anime, and because i known the feeling quite well myself, as my favorite animes didnt had the proper manga ending, therefore please anime fans out there have a little more empathy with your hobby fellows, please.

Having said that, i do hope they make a new series once they have more manga source material, even if we have to wait five years, the only thing that concerns me is the uncertanty of this, because is like someone said in previous posts, i did prefer they keep doing fillers than cancell the anime, because this way i knew they will keep making it, now bleach joins the ever growing list of titles like berserk, ouran, gantz, and many more that i wish for their proper ending.
ManuOtakuApr 24, 2012 8:57 AM
Apr 28, 2012 5:03 AM

Oct 2009
To be honest, if they do like a final movie of the last arc im ok with it. Its miles better than putting up a bunch of poorly written filler that lasts for 50 episodes/A YEAR.
Apr 29, 2012 7:34 PM
Apr 2012
lol this SUX T_T.I watch bleach few years already,im gonna miss this anime alot.It wasnt still time to finish it had new arc x.x in manga.Never ever watched any anime that was soo fun but all good things comes to end soon or later T.T
Apr 30, 2012 11:53 AM

Aug 2007
Kaolla said:
SoS_Angel said:
fezakyuu said:
Now I know it has an actual end I can think about watching it again.

my exact thoughts

looks like just more proof anime is dying tho =/

My thoughts as well. The whole business is going under in my opinion.

Lol. The industry is nowhere close to dying.
May 1, 2012 12:56 PM
Aug 2011
Shame to see this anime finish but it did finish nicely, though I do hope they make a 2nd series like Naruto Shippuuden and don't use OVAs.

This needs a proper 2nd series rather than a movie or OVA as most OVAs and such that try to finish a series off gets ruined.
May 7, 2012 12:04 AM

Sep 2011
You know even though Bleach had a pretty bad plot (except for the first 30 or so episodes), the characters where shallow and the music was lolworthy. It grew on me, I actually liked the anime at least a lot more than Naruto (the anime has been terrible since shippuden started in my opinion) I mean its ironic that people complain about filler in Bleach( which isn't really that bad since it usually comes in its own self contained arcs), when Naruto has had more filler than canon and 90% of it is random slice of life type episodes. Which almost always take place in the past and usually end with some emo Q_Q scene where Naruto wishes Sasuke was back.

With that said I don't hate Naruto as an anime I think it has its moments but honestly its not that much better or worst than Bleach so its not like it is immune to getting cancelled (unlike One Piece).

I hope Bleach comes back as an OVA to at least finish where the manga left off, its got a huge following so it be stupid to just leave it at that. Either way its a sad thing to hear; especially when they cancelled Gintama' and Beelzebub all in the same month. I mean really what the hell is happening over there.
FullmetalRaikouMay 7, 2012 12:08 AM
May 7, 2012 12:11 AM

Jan 2010
"hoping" for Bleach for SD
May 7, 2012 1:17 PM

Aug 2007
Parthanax said:
You know even though Bleach had a pretty bad plot (except for the first 30 or so episodes), the characters where shallow and the music was lolworthy. It grew on me, I actually liked the anime at least a lot more than Naruto (the anime has been terrible since shippuden started in my opinion) I mean its ironic that people complain about filler in Bleach( which isn't really that bad since it usually comes in its own self contained arcs), when Naruto has had more filler than canon and 90% of it is random slice of life type episodes. Which almost always take place in the past and usually end with some emo Q_Q scene where Naruto wishes Sasuke was back.

With that said I don't hate Naruto as an anime I think it has its moments but honestly its not that much better or worst than Bleach so its not like it is immune to getting cancelled (unlike One Piece).

I hope Bleach comes back as an OVA to at least finish where the manga left off, its got a huge following so it be stupid to just leave it at that. Either way its a sad thing to hear; especially when they cancelled Gintama' and Beelzebub all in the same month. I mean really what the hell is happening over there.

Both show's fillers sucked. The only difference between Shippuden fillers and Bleach fillers was at least Shippuden didn't throw filler characters in the fucking canon. That was horrid.
May 12, 2012 1:30 AM

Nov 2011
Drunk_Samurai said:
Parthanax said:

Both show's fillers sucked. The only difference between Shippuden fillers and Bleach fillers was at least Shippuden didn't throw filler characters in the fucking canon. That was horrid.

Woah woah woah. THAT can be justified. If you are referring to the characters from the God awful bount arc. They weren't made canon. It was a cameo appearance. They had like one or two lines and only re-appeared one or two times throughout the show since that arc and had no affect on the actual story what so ever. It was 1.) For the fans(Some people may have liked those characters.) 2.) To basically show what happened to them after the bount arc to ease people's minds.

Spoiler maybe?
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 14, 2012 8:35 AM

Aug 2007
Ragix said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Parthanax said:

Woah woah woah. THAT can be justified. If you are referring to the characters from the God awful bount arc. They weren't made canon. It was a cameo appearance. They had like one or two lines and only re-appeared one or two times throughout the show since that arc and had no affect on the actual story what so ever. It was 1.) For the fans(Some people may have liked those characters.) 2.) To basically show what happened to them after the bount arc to ease people's minds.

Spoiler maybe?

They were filler characters thrown in during an important canon scene. It cannot be justified one bit.
May 14, 2012 4:32 PM

Sep 2011
Drunk_Samurai said:
Ragix said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Parthanax said:

Spoiler maybe?

They were filler characters thrown in during an important canon scene. It cannot be justified one bit.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but honestly its not like those non-cannon character had some epic battle with Canon characters. I don't remember seeing the three dolls hold back an arrancar, and I rather watch the bount arc all over again then watch that shitty 100 episode long filler arc between Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. Now that is what i call unbearable.
May 15, 2012 12:16 PM
May 2012
I didn't know the news, then checked bleachget after the last episode only to see that it was calcelled. I was like 'wtf' at first, but I'm actually happy it enden cuz it was getting really boring. I see some people say that they hope Naruto get's cancelled too, but I disagree. I actually like Naruto more than Bleach and I want to make it trough to the end. Unlike Bleach, wich didn't have one main storyline, Naruto does.

Of course, it's taking long to reach the end but I honestly don't care I want them to keep airing it untill it ends or I will be mad :( Reminds me of Heroes (the serie). Still pissed me off that they cancelled it <.<
Aug 30, 2012 8:28 PM
Aug 2012
They better keep going, what am i suppose to watch on tuesdays!
Aug 31, 2012 5:56 AM

Oct 2011
There are lots of rumors that it's going to resume once the manga ends; I'm sure this will happen since the last arc is really popular both in Japan and outside, and the sales are high. They wouldn't miss the chance to make more money.
Oct 13, 2012 12:04 PM

Mar 2011
If the new arc is indeed to be longer than the arrancar then it seems to me that OVAs wouldn't do much good since their releases are pretty random. A second series though at some point like Bleach' would be very good as long as they get the timing right
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Oct 20, 2012 2:41 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
LiuXian said:
There are lots of rumors that it's going to resume once the manga ends; I'm sure this will happen since the last arc is really popular both in Japan and outside, and the sales are high. They wouldn't miss the chance to make more money.

Hope it does resume after the manga ends.

I hadnt liked Bleach very much when it was airing. But now that it ended, i really miss Bleach. Its hard to forget an anime after 366 episodes. I feel like i have lost a family member LoL. :(
Nov 3, 2012 1:23 PM

May 2011
yun90 said:
Good, now I can finally watch this series.

Quoting something way back. Already on episode 10. Only 150 more to go, since I'm watching without fillers and such.
Nov 4, 2012 1:29 AM

Jun 2012
i get annoyed my friends read the manga and they say it get like totally epic after where the anime ends i heard some spoilers if they gone continue i would be happy cause it is getting insane now one of this friends told me it will continue but go no idea where he got this info from anyone else know something about the rumour he said somewhere in march 2013
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Nov 4, 2012 1:41 AM
Oct 2011
ichigo1991 said:
i get annoyed my friends read the manga and they say it get like totally epic after where the anime ends i heard some spoilers if they gone continue i would be happy cause it is getting insane now one of this friends told me it will continue but go no idea where he got this info from anyone else know something about the rumour he said somewhere in march 2013
I doubt it's gonna come back any time soon, the manga's pace is too slow and till now after like 35 chapters we have only a very slight idea on what's going on.
Nov 4, 2012 1:43 AM

Sep 2012
Candor said:
ichigo1991 said:
I doubt it's gonna come back any time soon, the manga's pace is too slow and till now after like 35 chapters we have only a very slight idea on what's going on.

Yeah, with the amount of filler already, they will probably wait a few years, or until the manga ends. Not anytime soon though.
Nov 5, 2012 8:39 PM

Jun 2012
Raikozen said:
Candor said:
ichigo1991 said:

Yeah, with the amount of filler already, they will probably wait a few years, or until the manga ends. Not anytime soon though.

oke thanks then i just gone keep my hopes up but i think you right it will take a while cause if i am right naruto took over bleach so probably that first has to end if they even gone continue it

and ye ye your right it indeed got many fillers already which i hated at the start but didn't dislike most of the fillers so ye it probably gone take a while
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Nov 5, 2012 9:17 PM

May 2012
Don't want to brake any hopes, but Bleach was an anime that relied on ratings, and they WERE ATROCIOUS for years, so you get an idea how bad, suffice to say late night anime had a chance of beating Bleach and they were so bad that the option of continuing the anime as mere means of promoting the manga were totally impossible as you saw.

So sorry, but better think this anime is not coming back, not in TV form, not in OVA form, unless 10,15 years (hopefully the manga is over by then) from now someone want to do a REMAKE with 0 fillers, following the manga and once fans have forgotten how atrocious the "former/first" anime got...so bad, that MOST people overjoyed over the cancellation of the anime!

If you want an example of what could happen with Bleach and for those that want to hang on the smallest hope...

Look at Saint Seiya! Popularity declined and even the manga got eventually cancelled as well and only after around 10-12 years the anime got resumed and has enjoyed an active period of a decade, biggest revival of a series ever now.

I think that the hope some of you fans should hang on. SS and Bleack are simalr in that they both were/are the most successful outside Japan, and that hunger of it motivated the revival of SS and they both suffered form popularity loss.

Still Bleach is in bigger predicament thou, again, this one is simply atrocious in both anime and manga form, so who knows, while SS fans loved the series and cried over the cancellation as you know in the case of Bleach fans were overjoyed, most were never sorry to see it go... if you like it you can only hope but like some had told you expect to wait years, and no, it does not mean 2 or 3. I would bet 5-6 at the very least, I would say more, like 8-10+ for a complete remake or revival if sufficient demands exists still by then, particularly outside demands, because honestly its not as BIG IN JAPAN as foreigners believe it to be.

You can blame it first on studio pierrot and how incompetent they are in handling long running series, in this aspect TOEI SIMPLY ROCKS, and show its experience, second blame Kubo for just artificially extending the life on a manga in decline and lack of skill to keep the series interesting.
9988Nov 5, 2012 9:31 PM
Nov 8, 2012 10:45 AM

Mar 2011
Don't take this as an insult but it's hard to read you when you repeat the same thing over 4 paragraphs. Also, anime is business. It has nothing to do with quality as you percieve it. some of the best(as much objectively as possible) manga never got animated. Bleach on the other hand is incredibly popular. You can simply lookat it's sales. Yes it's pretty crappy compared to what it used to be, but still pretty high in comparison to others. Sooner or later it will make a comeback simply cuz it's a lot of money. All it takes is proper marketing, some adverts, some trailers and posts in the magasine, and bingo, you have yourself an interested audience. The only thing is that ehy have to take it easy on the fillers and be serious about the quality, otherwise it will get abandoned once again.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 8, 2012 12:23 PM

May 2012
Kanic said:
Also, anime is business. It has nothing to do with quality as you percieve it.

....... Bleach on the other hand is incredibly popular.

.......Sooner or later it will make a comeback simply cuz it's a lot of money.

....... All it takes is proper marketing, some adverts, some trailers and posts in the magasine, and bingo, you have yourself an interested audience.

We are talking basically anime ....

Again its not as popular as you believe it to be, the manga is still popular but the anime again was atrocious with ratings o 1% +/-, take into account that it aired in prime time!, hence it was cancelled, this is the objective true, if it was so incredibly popular and made a lot of money, why it was cancelled? It because the anime simply didn't.

Bleach anime biggest popularity has always been outside Japan not in Japan, unfortunately as you have seen it basically does not matter much if an anime is so popular in foreign lands if in Japan its not...Bleach for example it has never made it to the top 10 in Japan...If I am mentioning ratings is because this kind of anime focuses on them to exist, they have to be good enough to justify its existence.

If you love it that much you can only hope people want it to return in the near future then, which I put in doubt because just look at this thread! If the most people were overjoyed that it was cancelled....
Nov 8, 2012 2:07 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
9988 said:
Kanic said:
Bleach for example it has never made it to the top 10 in Japan...

I dont know much about ratings, but as I know an anime doesnt need to be in top 10 to be aired. There are 40 animes airing every season, so shouldn't the anime be considered good if its in top 20-30?

9988 said:
Kanic said:
if it was so incredibly popular and made a lot of money, why it was cancelled? It because the anime simply didn't.

Indeed it wasn't very popular lately, but fillers had a big effect in that. Bleach had the worst and most fillers, it must have dropped their ratings a lot (about 150 of 370 episodes were fillers, WTF?). And that's the reason it was canceled imo, anime caught up to manga again and they didn't want to air fillers AGAIN.
If they wait for the manga to end and then air it without fillers, Bleach should be as popular as when it was first aired imo.
Nov 8, 2012 2:21 PM

Feb 2010
Youjinbou said:
9988 said:
Kanic said:

I dont know much about ratings, but as I know an anime doesnt need to be in top 10 to be aired. There are 40 animes airing every season, so shouldn't the anime be considered good if its in top 20-30?

9988 said:
Kanic said:
if it was so incredibly popular and made a lot of money, why it was cancelled? It because the anime simply didn't.

Indeed it wasn't very popular lately, but fillers had a big effect in that. Bleach had the worst and most fillers, it must have dropped their ratings a lot (about 150 of 370 episodes were fillers, WTF?). And that's the reason it was canceled imo, anime caught up to manga again and they didn't want to air fillers AGAIN.
If they wait for the manga to end and then air it without fillers, Bleach should be as popular as when it was first aired imo.

@ratings: They don't really matter for late night anime (which is the majority of 13-26 episode anime airing each season).
They only really matter for stuff airing in prime time slots or other well received slots, so the number is probably lower. It has to compete with stuff like One Piece, Doraemon, Sazae-chan and other long-running family/kids/shounen shows, and not with the series that start and end airing each season. Not all are long-running of course, but you get the idea. And I just trust 9988 not to lie if he says amongst those it never ranked high, especially lately.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 8, 2012 3:11 PM

May 2012
Well, I mentioned the top 10 to put its "incredible popularity" into perspective only.

One Piece 9-10%, Naruto 3-4% Toriko 6-8%, Sazae 10-17%, Doraemon/Detective Conan 9-10% and then see Bleach 1 - 1.4% and you will see why it was cancelled.

It also serves to put the foreign popularity vs local popularity into perspective because again its basically western fans that believe Bleach and Naruto are super popular, they are not THAT MUCH in Japan, not to the high levels western lands believe at least.

Ratings do matter for series that depend on them, Bleach was one of them, this is almost certainly the reason why it was cancelled, its ratings were simply atrocious for a prime time series, it could no longer afford to exist, indeed because its a popular shounen and there was the manga and merchandise it was able to prolong its cancellation despite the horrible ratings for a while.

If it had decent ratings you can bet all you want that it was not gonna be cancelled and would run in fillers indefinitely instead, just like Naruto has all these years whenever necessary, no matter how bad the fillers if rating is still good this kind of series would continue.

For other series ratings dont matter indeed, this is the case for late night anime that depend on disc sales.

I loved Bleach at first too, but like many dropped the anime and manga after a while because it declined quite a lot, so its not like I do not uderstand if you really loved it and want to to return or want to belive it simply stopped to not do fillers and return onece theres more manga.

Theres the manga at least, each vol still sells past the half million so no worries there, still if Kubo wanted his manga to end with some pride left he would have ended with the defeat of Aizen, but probably feels he is unlikely to make another big hit soon or at all so he wants to prolong it until even manga fans are totally fed up with it or faces cancellation too.

Honestly bleach now is as if DBZ had continued with new super villain and then so on and Goku reach SS4 (well he did in GT) SS5 SS6 SS7 and so on too...

Few mangaka have the balls to end a popular manga while its till in great shape instead of dragging unnecessarily.
9988Nov 8, 2012 3:23 PM
Nov 8, 2012 3:47 PM

Jan 2009
i hope that Bleach anime will have a complete remake once the manga ends just like Hunter x Hunter 2011 remake is doing and Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood remake as done
Nov 8, 2012 4:44 PM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Youjinbou said:
9988 said:
Kanic said:

9988 said:
Kanic said:

@ratings: They don't really matter for late night anime (which is the majority of 13-26 episode anime airing each season).
They only really matter for stuff airing in prime time slots or other well received slots, so the number is probably lower. It has to compete with stuff like One Piece, Doraemon, Sazae-chan and other long-running family/kids/shounen shows, and not with the series that start and end airing each season. Not all are long-running of course, but you get the idea. And I just trust 9988 not to lie if he says amongst those it never ranked high, especially lately.

I see. Like I said I dont know much about ratings and night time-prime time slots. If its like that youre right, Bleach indeed has no chance of competing against shows like One Piece etc.

9988 said:
One Piece 9-10%, Naruto 3-4% Toriko 6-8%, Sazae 10-17%, Doraemon/Detective Conan 9-10% and then see Bleach 1 - 1.4% and you will see why it was cancelled.

-

I loved Bleach at first too, but like many dropped the anime and manga after a while because it declined quite a lot, so its not like I do not uderstand if you really loved it and want to to return or want to belive it simply stopped to not do fillers and return onece theres more manga.

Those are some low ratings. :P
It isn't like "I loved it and I cant accept that it ended." I gave it a 8/10, nice action scenes but not that great. I dont read manga so I dont know but I heard the last arc in Bleach was "really good, could be best arc, etc." thats why I assumed it would continue.

Time to say goodbye to Bleach then... If it doesnt continue after 1-1.5 years I'll read manga.^^
Nov 12, 2012 11:38 AM

Mar 2011
I never said I loved it..I was trying as much as possible to talk about the market.

I got no reason to doubt your ratings. But if I'm not mistaken those ratings are more recent than old. By that I mean that a lot of people dropped it , as you said, cuz it got crappy over time.

My post not so clear about where I was refering to the anime and where to the manga. I was indeed refering to the manga when I mentioned popularity. Bleach's manga has dropped as well if I'm not mistaken, but it still sells a great deal (mostly out of japan though). But all things considered they can easily bring it back with my last sentence still standing:
"The only thing is that they have to take it easy with the fillers and be serious about the quality otherwise it will get abandoned again."

Of course most of this assumption depends on the manga's success. If that won't do good in terms of sales then there is no reason for them to consider bringing it back.

I was merely emphasising on your post about the quality of the anime that , according to what you said, disheartened people so much that they won't watch it anymore even if a studio were to bring it back. That can easily change
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 16, 2012 11:55 PM

Jun 2007
oh thank god! if they could take bleach, naruto, and one peice off the air maybe we can get some new better shows... like a ridiculous amount of new Hajime no Ippo episodes lol

"For me to call a man my friend, he must be equal to me in all aspects" - Griffith, 'Berserk'
Nov 16, 2012 11:57 PM

Jun 2012
This happened like 7 months ago... One piece will be off the air in 10 or so years... Naruto's got maybe 2 years left.
Nov 17, 2012 12:30 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
KuroLion said:
oh thank god! if they could take bleach, naruto, and one peice off the air maybe we can get some new better shows... like a ridiculous amount of new Hajime no Ippo episodes lol

One Piece will keep airing forever, forget it. ;)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
11 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

16 by jorel262 »»
Yesterday, 2:12 PM

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 9:12 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

6 by deg »»
Yesterday, 4:45 AM

» 'Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - May 1

0 by DatRandomDude »»
May 1, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.