Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 20, 2012 1:42 PM

May 2011
But I do miss the main character does not wear an Element suit thing...that's what makes the main character unique.
Feb 20, 2012 2:11 PM
Nov 2008
The fok did I just watch LOL....the ripping clothes scene and all...lmao so ridiculous I face/palmed every 2 seconds...=)))Really fun episode.
Feb 20, 2012 2:48 PM

Sep 2011
*laying on a puddle of blood*

Feb 20, 2012 4:00 PM

Sep 2010
Venats said:
We already have a double triangle from Mikono/Kagura/Mikono and Mikono/Amata/Zessica, do we need yet another overlapping triangle and one now centered around Zessica?

Then again this Okada...

This is Aquarion...? Did you watch the first series? The love triangles and polygons were everywhere. The OTP of Aquarion is Everyone/Everyone Gattai!

The 'main' couple never ends up together. That's the point. See you next 12.000 years!
Feb 20, 2012 4:18 PM
Dec 2007
I like the B Gata H Kei vibes in my Aquarion, courtesy to Yamamoto-san ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 20, 2012 4:27 PM
Jan 2012
so anyone wondered how yunoha knew about the book of genesis? like she is following around amata for a reason.
Feb 20, 2012 7:04 PM

Sep 2007
This episode was just lulz. Dericious Zessica ripping all her clothes off. And they seriously won with rock papers scissors attack? Really?

A+ for Go Tight! as the insert song. Glad they're bringing back the old Aquarion songs.
Feb 20, 2012 7:48 PM
Feb 2012
What I'm quite confused about is this-
Mikono is supposedly Silvia. (Silvia as said in Sousei no Aquarion who has now turned into Sylvie probably because 1,200 years have passed....) If Amata is really Apollo and Mikono is Silvia isn't there "love" meant to destroy everything..... then why is Mikono the empty ring of the donut that stops that destructive force from coming into action? I'm so confused.... Oh I hope this gets cleared up!

I'm pretty excited for Aquarion EVOL. Unlike the first season it didn't reveal everything immediately - gives watchers time to think about what will happen next. Out of all the mecha anime this season - Aquarion EVOL seems to make sense the most. I don't understand Lagrange so I dropped it and Symphogear's really cool with all the music but god... even the japanese people watching the episodes don't understand what the f**k is going on.
Feb 20, 2012 7:50 PM

May 2011
so much win that i didnt even pay attention to the plot of this..or was there any plot to begin with O_o
Feb 20, 2012 8:02 PM

Jul 2008

Why did we had to have shrade unbuttoning his shirt, could have been replaced with more jessica ripping her own's.
Feb 20, 2012 8:43 PM

Aug 2008
Maddo_scientisto said:
Why did we had to have shrade unbuttoning his shirt, could have been replaced with more jessica ripping her own's.

For girls to enjoy maybe.
Feb 20, 2012 10:29 PM

Sep 2010
bcmilk said:
If Amata is really Apollo and Mikono is Silvia isn't there "love" meant to destroy everything..... then why is Mikono the empty ring of the donut that stops that destructive force from coming into action? I'm so confused.... Oh I hope this gets cleared up!

Good question...

The force that "calmed" Aquarion was the third wheel (originally Scorpius).

They aren't in love yet, maybe that's why? They just fancy each others.
Feb 20, 2012 10:38 PM

Feb 2012
Does anyone know what the song is at the start of episode 1 when the movie is playing skies of aquaria?
Feb 20, 2012 10:50 PM

Apr 2009
KaitoDash said:
Maddo_scientisto said:

i'm a straight guy but i found LOLing hard when Shrade also unbuttoned his shirt.. along with Amata ripping his clothes (and the fangirls roaring).. made me wanna follow suit and strip while watching the action/fanservice scene.. Zessica and Mikono and the entire scene itself did not just provide fanservice, they also compelled the audience (me) to want to do the same..
and actually, unlike other token bishie characters that i hate so much, Shrade just spouts the most LOLable lines, almost at the level of their High Commander, that i don't hate him..
argiliumFeb 20, 2012 10:54 PM
Feb 20, 2012 10:59 PM

Feb 2012
nick03 said:
Does anyone know what the song is at the start of episode 1 when the movie is playing skies of aquaria?

Good question mate. The song was in first episode of Aquarion EVOL from 00:14 till 01:51ish. I believe the song is from first Aquarion, but I haven't watched it yet. Someone?

Good episode as always. Is it just me or the plot and what the point for the protagonist to achieve are nihil? What Amata wanted in the end? Mikono? Now he got more than he wanted. (Lol at girl's squee for him.) That tearing pilot suits are damn crazy and full of service, but I suppose that pervert fudo who start the fire. lol.

Nothing I don;t like from this episode. But maybe we have too much characters (who lovely and unique in their own way,) but so little time to develop the character.

Next is Andy and MIX. Can't wait! When the next episode airing?
Feb 20, 2012 11:42 PM

Feb 2012
Yeah, im pretty keen to find the track name. Awesome song
Feb 20, 2012 11:58 PM

Apr 2010
Azure-kun said:
nick03 said:

Good question mate. The song was in first episode of Aquarion EVOL from 00:14 till 01:51ish. I believe the song is from first Aquarion, but I haven't watched it yet. Someone?

It's not from the first Aquarion. At least not on either of it's OSTs.
Feb 21, 2012 12:41 AM

Aug 2008
argilium said:
KaitoDash said:
Maddo_scientisto said:

i'm a straight guy but i found LOLing hard when Shrade also unbuttoned his shirt.. along with Amata ripping his clothes (and the fangirls roaring).. made me wanna follow suit and strip while watching the action/fanservice scene.. Zessica and Mikono and the entire scene itself did not just provide fanservice, they also compelled the audience (me) to want to do the same..
and actually, unlike other token bishie characters that i hate so much, Shrade just spouts the most LOLable lines, almost at the level of their High Commander, that i don't hate him..

I think I understand. I kinda feel the urge to strip while watching this too.

antonn said:
Azure-kun said:
nick03 said:

That means it will be included in EVOL's OST?
Feb 21, 2012 5:20 AM

Jun 2009
KaitoDash said:

antonn said:
Azure-kun said:
nick03 said:

That means it will be included in EVOL's OST?

Maybe

Not all of the songs from the first show were included in the OST...so who knows...
Hopefully the new OST will be the complete one...
maybe, probably...
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Feb 21, 2012 7:29 AM

Nov 2008
Wow.. My points on Mikono is getting lower & lower.. I really really hate her getting offended ALL the time!
Feb 21, 2012 9:31 AM
Apr 2011
Thess said:
This is Aquarion...? Did you watch the first series? The love triangles and polygons were everywhere. The OTP of Aquarion is Everyone/Everyone Gattai!

The 'main' couple never ends up together. That's the point. See you next 12.000 years!

I've watched it, and I'm enjoying many of the throw-backs but this show is a different beast from its predecessor, and so I'm not going to be expecting the same exact thing. That, and any more triangles/shapes around our main cast would start to feel needlessly tacked on either for drama or predictable triangulation resolution. We already have:

Kagura >? Mikono
Mikono >< Amata
Mikono >< Zessica
Zessica >? Amata
Kagura ?? Amata

There's an interesting balance and dynamic in what the show has spent most of its time building up since Mikono and Amata's meeting, Kagura's discovery of Mikono, and Zessica's attempt for friendship with Mikono in the intro. Those three events have more or less led to everything that has happened between our main cast so far, and, feel free to disagree, adding any more to it is going to carry a somewhat "tacked on" feel and lose some of the tension and wonder (and mystery: who are Amata and Kagura, Mikono and Zessica's peculiar coloring) of what was built from the intro. Once the last few pegs are set down with MIX and Andy, and Zessica and Amata, in the next episode, I'd expect the series to move on from establishing triangles, relationships, and the sort, and start working on actually developing the relationships and resolving them. We're already past the 1/3 point, we need plot progress as well as relationship progress and mystery resolutions, and we can't keep introducing sides to our shapes to needlessly complicate matters.

From what did this conversation even start? I feel like I just analyzed the script of this show.
Feb 21, 2012 11:00 AM

Apr 2010
Man, they shouldn't wear clothes from the beginning, it's a waste and it could cost their lives.
Feb 21, 2012 2:16 PM
Jul 2008
First post on a Forum YAY!!!

Anyway

I find the episode to be very amusing. Liked hte screen time Zessica gets. Specially when she teases Amata(Although the Shy version of her is nice as well)

Now

How come no one mentioned what the Nun said???

It was somethine like "showing your skin increases your sense, I know that full well" then hides in the orner. I am now very curious :D
Feb 21, 2012 2:57 PM

May 2011
I just thoght of a theory, remember what happened to Silvia and Sirus? Their soul is the same but just split in 2.

this is my theory

Apollo is Amata(the naive side of him) and Kagura(the angry/tough side of him)
Silvia is Zessica(affection&"main" side) and Mikono(soft/gentle envy side)
Feb 21, 2012 4:00 PM
Jan 2012
^ your theory is nice, infact i would love it if zessica is part of silvia. the tough side is all her. however you are probably going to be told 12000 times that mikono is the main heroine and so she is the only silvia. that amata and kagura are fighting for only her affection so she is the only one.

i have had so many people tell me that. its getting annoying cause mikono is nothing like silvia.
Feb 21, 2012 4:24 PM

Jan 2012
Other then being an experianced mecha pilot, Zessica is not that much like Silvia either. :/ Although I've said many times that being a reincarnation, doesn't make you a carbon copy of the original. Like how Amata is nothing like Apollo.

juvemema said:
zessica is actully really naive despite the bearing chest and teasing. she can be easily misunderstood.
i would like it if she was actually a boy in the previous life. which is why she doesn't really get the girly stuff.

I actually support what you said on the first page.. This ^^^

About Zessica being reincarnated from a boy. I think that she is probably the reincarnation of Sirius, who like Silvia was reincarnated from Celliane. Thus being the reason why she wears Celliane's armor in the ending of the anime.

I also believe that Mikono AND Alicia( the girl from Amata's past) are reincarnations of Silvia because they look alike, which would be similar to the connection between Amata and Kagura.(Since they look alike too)
queenSwildFeb 21, 2012 4:30 PM
Feb 21, 2012 4:29 PM
Jan 2012
yeah mikono and alicia do not look anything like silvia. silvia is not a beauty. she is pretty but she has a confidant face. its just that after 12000 years, people do not know how silvia looks like so they take a image that alicia projects in a film to be like the silvia in the old series.

i disagree that zessica is nothing like silvia. silvia was mischievous, nosy and strongly determined.
Feb 21, 2012 4:37 PM

Jan 2012
juvemema said:
yeah mikono and alicia do not look anything like silvia. silvia is not a beauty. she is pretty but she has a confidant face. its just that after 12000 years, people do not know how silvia looks like so they take a image that alicia projects in a film to be like the silvia in the old series.

i disagree that zessica is nothing like silvia. silvia was mischievous, nosy and strongly determined.

I didn't say that Mikono and Alicia looked like Silvia, I said that Mikono and Alicia look like each other NOT Silvia. I just believe that they are reincarnations of her.

I agree with that. The only person who seems to know the TRUE Alicia is the guy in charge of Kagura and Jin. I've always wondered, why is Silvia so important to them?

Mikono is also determined when it comes to piloting and being there for people that are important to her. As seen from this episode and episode 4 when she told her brother and Amata that she didn't want to be protected by them and that she wanted to fight with them.

queenSwildFeb 21, 2012 4:41 PM
Feb 21, 2012 7:37 PM
Feb 2012
Apparently "Eve" as they call the reincarnation of silvia is the key to bringing back women into the planet. Why do some people think Zessica is Sirius? Is it just me that I think Shrade is the reincarnation of Sirius. I mean shrade is always about finding the perfect, beautiful sound and that just reminds me Sirius - as well as Mikono appreciating his music more than most people.

If their souls have been split even further I'm going to cry.... it's going to be so complicated. The only reincarnation for SURE is probably Andy and Pierre. I'm thinking Mix is Chloe because she's a more serious person but gets embarrassed and probably likes that Andy is hitting on her lol
Feb 21, 2012 9:34 PM

Feb 2012
Right this anime has almost into its 1/3 states of total episodes, and yet its main goal is still vague. As I said before, what Amata's goal in the end is?
If we want the cliche answer, it must be Mikono. But I don't think the series will end with the lovey dovey of both lover; Aquarion will not allow its pilots to fell in love with each other.
But if it's ever happen, I want Amata end up with Zessica, and Mikono with Kagura. I know Cayenne will went crazy knowing his lovely sistah went with that wolf guy. But that vision kinda make it legit.
Feb 21, 2012 10:31 PM

Sep 2010
queenSwild said:
I also believe that Mikono AND Alicia( the girl from Amata's past) are reincarnations of Silvia because they look alike, which would be similar to the connection between Amata and Kagura.(Since they look alike too)

Alisia was the daughter of Apollonius and Celiane (the ancestor of Sirius and Silvia). Alicia could be very well her reincarnation or (drumroll) descendant of Silvia or Sirius.

She could be related to Amata (sister? cousin?) which would explain why he has wings.
ThessFeb 21, 2012 10:37 PM
Feb 21, 2012 10:58 PM

Oct 2011
It might be kind of weird.. And I'm just throwing it out there, but I have yet to see the 1st Aquarion, but I don't feel too left behind or even confused thus far in this series.

That being said, I probably will go and watch the first go round soon, but it's still enjoyable and pretty understandable without the first series currently.

Feb 21, 2012 11:27 PM
Apr 2011
This episode was so full of win and LOLs!!

About the ripping clothes part: Ripping their clothes helped heightened their senses? Lol. XD And then the chairwoman asked for the whole thing to be covered up as it never happened? What the...? Is this method never to be done again? As Valky said, maybe wearing (almost) no clothes at all is the best option if is to maximize their [Element's] powers.

Oh the nonsense logic. Oh well. XD Onward to the next episode!
Feb 22, 2012 2:03 AM

Feb 2012
Well the most epic win time is 'Teh Baby!' Then MIX lost her words :D
Wanna bet who's the last member in the ED clip? I suppose he's that main operator guy. Y'know the guy with dark blue hair and wearing silver clip in hair.
I don't know, maybe just because he is the only guy who don't go to neo kowloon. And not only that, the team also need brain. This guy must have a lot of brain under his gut.
Or maybe if you look at it in contrary sides, he didn't need to go to neo kowloon date just because he will become the operator as long the series goes.

...and uh, I know I gay him that much... His design just win.
Feb 22, 2012 6:21 AM

Apr 2011
Amata is such a stud, he has Mikono, Zessica, and Yunoha with him. I wonder who the next girl will be added next?

Looking at next episodes' preview, it looks like Mix is the one filling up Andy's holes(no pun).
MagitoFeb 22, 2012 8:30 AM
Feb 22, 2012 8:29 AM
Jan 2011
Oh, so the Abductors are a dying species, so the reason why they abduct people is because they wanna repopulate their planet.
Feb 22, 2012 10:50 AM
Mar 2011
ROFL Nanoha taking what Andy said seriously and putting white socks on her green frog.
Feb 22, 2012 4:46 PM

Feb 2012
Magito said:
Amata is such a stud, he has Mikono, Zessica, and Yunoha with him. I wonder who the next girl will be added next?

Looking at next episodes' preview, it looks like Mix is the one filling up Andy's holes(no pun).

funnily andy seems confident and didnt lose his focus, huh? it seems that Andy is really the crouching moron hidden badass afterall.

taj69 said:
ROFL Nanoha taking what Andy said seriously and putting white socks on her green frog.

lol, its yunoha dude xD her name even so vague. me also sometimes forget it for a moment
Feb 23, 2012 8:29 AM
Feb 2012
Wow, I guess I understand why the abductors are so frantic about getting their 'Eve' or whatever, but while searching for one, they could have abducted a lot, which would still be make more sense if they want to repopulate a planet. That would be hard for one mere gal imho...
Feb 23, 2012 10:51 AM

Aug 2008
PTG said:
Wow, I guess I understand why the abductors are so frantic about getting their 'Eve' or whatever, but while searching for one, they could have abducted a lot, which would still be make more sense if they want to repopulate a planet. That would be hard for one mere gal imho...
They said the girls they abducted are either died or rendered useless by traveling to Altair.
So I don't understand why they don't just send their guys to populate in Vega and bring offspring back.

Actually it might be better to just blend the race and live together peacefully.
Feb 24, 2012 2:45 AM

Feb 2012
KaitoDash said:
They said the girls they abducted are either died or rendered useless by traveling to Altair.
So I don't understand why they don't just send their guys to populate in Vega and bring offspring back.

Actually it might be better to just blend the race and live together peacefully.

They can't bring the offspring back to Altair. Only the chosen Reagleir or something are capable to warp through the warp device.
And this might also cause the same effect towards The Altair's guys. Lol. Pure race. They seems to doesn't have any will to live without woman. just lol. They only could post woman poster on the wall.
Feb 26, 2012 9:21 PM

Oct 2011
what the heck is wrong with this show XD lol was it just me or did anyone brust out with laughter haha 5/5 for humour
Feb 26, 2012 10:25 PM

Feb 2012
Avato-chan said:
what the heck is wrong with this show XD lol was it just me or did anyone brust out with laughter haha 5/5 for humour

5/5 for the service. I thought it's already damn cool without it. Really.
Feb 28, 2012 2:20 AM

May 2011
THIS. WAS. F*CKING. AWESOME!!
Ohh, I just loved them ripping clothes one by another, and I was glad it didn't completely naked.
But yeah, I have to agree, good defense is to best offense.
Mar 4, 2012 3:06 PM

Jun 2008
ROFL. They could even make a robot fight into a fanservice party.

Man. The corniness and ridiculousness continues. They even made fanservice for girls watching this, lololowat.

Back to seriousness, now we understand a bit of the antagonists, who actually doesn't even sound evil. Except maybe Touma, he still sound like a sadist.

It looks like this show continues to be the archetype of "not taking itself seriously most of the time but will be very serious near the end" thing. In most cases... it usually end up mediocre. Still, the animation and nostalgia made up for this series so far. It won't be the next best thing, but it's very entertaining.

Love the night Neo-Deava, my episodic scenery porn:

Already 1/3 way in and the scenery continue to amaze me. It looks like I might have to buy the blu-ray. :D
Mar 23, 2012 4:26 AM

Jun 2009
"How can I lose to something as stupid as that?"

Understatement of the year. Jesus Christ, I'm boggled how how can a brain inducing scene can keep me laughing and entertained while thinking "what. the. actual. fuck."
Mar 31, 2012 3:03 PM

Nov 2007
WTF strip to win? LOL seriously had me laughing

now he got both girls in the Aquarion and stripping? DAMN. the loli likes him too.

he's kinda got some bromance with Andy too.

I like this show and the characters even though I know it's kinda stupid. I'm liking Zessica more and more though.
Apr 14, 2012 1:30 AM

May 2011
Pwnservice ftw. XD
May 1, 2012 9:28 PM

Aug 2010
What? That was hot, but seriously, what?
Jun 27, 2012 4:58 PM

Nov 2011
Zessica looks fine just the way she is. HOT.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

a6342164 - Jun 24, 2012

187 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 28, 10:12 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2012

71 by E_akane_7 »»
Nov 4, 2020 8:58 AM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 4 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2012

48 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 16, 2020 2:55 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 15, 2012

64 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 16, 2020 2:14 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Evol Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 8, 2012

79 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 15, 2020 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.