Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 16, 2011 9:34 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another good episode imo. I loved hearing Sakamoto's nyan (he wasn't into it obviously) and it was a little touching how Yuko came over to see Nano.
Jul 16, 2011 9:45 PM

Jan 2009
The ending theme this week appears to be titled "My Ballad" (Mai Baraado). I don't have any idea where it comes from, and that's a very vague search term.

Very heartwarming episode this week. The show just keeps getting better and better!
Jul 16, 2011 10:02 PM

Sep 2008
Ha Yuuko and Hakase just fit so well together.
Every single part was hilarious; I think this episode is my favorite one now since it even had Sasahara.

God I feel bad for Kojirou.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2011 10:34 PM

Jun 2010
Those two are so alike. It's scary. I think it's fine if one person knows Nano's secret because then sh can have someone to talk to, but having Yuuko as that person....I'm having doubts.

Jul 16, 2011 11:08 PM

Feb 2010
LMAO at the cop part! Mio handed all them down on the ground, so Epic! Yuuko being so dense but so caring for Nano.
Jul 16, 2011 11:13 PM

Nov 2009
There's nothing but praise I can give for this ep and I'll leave it at that.
Jul 17, 2011 12:36 AM

Oct 2009
Mio's wrestling moves were all super effective on trying to save her manga...
Poor cop.

This is a very good episode... even the espresso part as well.

5/5

Jul 17, 2011 12:59 AM

Oct 2009
Funniest episode in a while.

I don't know why, but the scene with Yukko running away from the convenience store made me laugh so hard, I replayed it a bunch of times. The scene with the cop was hilarious too.

Not sure how I feel about Yukko meeting Hakase, I liked how the main characters were split into 2 sets that didn't really interact with each other.
Jul 17, 2011 1:21 AM

Dec 2009
This episode was hilarious. I love Yuuko to death and she had some great moments like ordering the Espresso, running out of the store crying because of the clerk's remark and her meeting Hakase and Sakamoto. I loved how easily Yuuko and Hakase got along, it really makes perfect sense the way their minds work.

The best part however was Mio beating the crap out of everyone to protect her Yaoi Manga. lol @ the cop asking if it's a counterfeit bill and Mio saying it's real and a bribe.
Ara ara.
Jul 17, 2011 1:22 AM

Oct 2010
mio scares me and yuukos a good person...
but seriously this ep was great i like how hakase and yuuko get along so well :3
Jul 17, 2011 2:34 AM

May 2010
I LOVED this episode! There are so much great moments!

Yuuko running out of that store crying because of the clerk's remark was unexpected but funny

Then there's Mio stopping a cop, Yuuko, the "Oh Gentleman!" guy and Sasahara's goat Koujiro from seeing her Yaoi manga, which was both epic and hilarious XD the way she zoomed in on Koujiro made me think she was gonna do Akuma's Raging demon Attack.

Nano & Hakase' random dance routine was really cute too X3 I will be looking forward to one each episode now

Mohawk kid Nakanojo's dad happens to be the Daifuku guy, and he isnt afraid to punch his own kid in the face, and then it turns out that he too, has a mohawk, and a BIG one, he just covered his entire head with it to look like he has a full head of hair.

And to top it off, Yuuko visits the labaratory and she seems to have become best friends with Hakase! And even though she clearly found out that Nano was a robot, she assured her by saying that she already knows she isnt one and that "Nano-chan is just Nano-chan" which was pretty heartwarming

Overall awesome episode, Im expecting more interaction between the schoolgirl trio and the laboratory trio.

Cant wait 4 next week :D
I like to draw. Check out my deviantArt profile below for my work.

http://brian12.deviantart.com/
Jul 17, 2011 3:33 AM
Oct 2009
Absolutely love that part where Yuuko was ordering coffee. I had the exact same situation when ordering my coffee at Starbucks. It wasn't a pleasant experience. :(

Now I want to see a three way wrestling match between Mio, Yuuko's mom and the Principal. XD
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
Jul 17, 2011 3:58 AM

Mar 2010
This episode was surprisingly heart-warming at the end. :D

Jul 17, 2011 4:26 AM
Apr 2010
Oh god, this was hilarious. And is it possible that Yuuko understood that Nano is really a robot, but she didn't want to bother her with that and she just pretended she doesn't know/understand?
Jul 17, 2011 4:37 AM

Apr 2009
GreenJoker said:
Absolutely love that part where Yuuko was ordering coffee. I had the exact same situation when ordering my coffee at Starbucks. It wasn't a pleasant experience. :(

same here! This was my first and last espresso in my life. Poor Yukko..
Anyway, love this ep so much.
fruitmachineJul 17, 2011 4:52 AM
Jul 17, 2011 4:40 AM

Apr 2010
Yuuko trying to order coffee was the best part of the episode. 'DOPPIO?!?!!?'

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Jul 17, 2011 5:03 AM
Apr 2011
Oh god Yuuko is such a great friend.
Jul 17, 2011 5:56 AM

Dec 2009
One of the funniest episodes yet, especially the part with the cop and Yuuko coming to Nano's house ^^

..Passion XD

5/5
yuno6.jpg
Jul 17, 2011 6:20 AM

Feb 2010
Mio confirmed for human WMD. Not even the goat can avoid her wrath.
Jul 17, 2011 7:31 AM

May 2010
The part where yuko goes to nano's house ranks as the best moment in the series for me. absolutely awesome episode

loved how sakamoto stares at yuko after the credits when she's leaving =3

Jul 17, 2011 7:47 AM

Feb 2010
Haha this episode is full of win.
Hakase might have been annoying in the past episodes, but now she is the might be the reason for nano to open out to the trio.

nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-------
Jul 17, 2011 8:24 AM
Aug 2010
This anime make my day ,,,is the best ""MEO .."
Jul 17, 2011 8:27 AM

Jul 2010
What the heck is a doppio? lol
Jul 17, 2011 8:37 AM

May 2010
Mio haz take-down skillz!! lol
Jul 17, 2011 9:02 AM

Apr 2009
animelly said:
What the heck is a doppio? lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppio

And yet another awesome episode, I'd like to see some more of Aioi and Hakase playing with each other. They just fit to each other perfectly :3 Oh, oh, and I loved that moment of action when Mio was retrieving the pages of her manga, top-notch animation, I say. As of now, this series is on the best possible course to get a 10/10 from me, I mean - how can I rate it any lower if smile never disappears from my face during watching this? The most important thing about anime is not story/graphics/music, but whether it's fun to watch or not. And Nichijou is a huge cluster of enjoyment.

Jul 17, 2011 9:17 AM

Feb 2008
omg she is insane. knocked the all out in an instant.

still though, those are some smart kids.
Jul 17, 2011 11:05 AM

Sep 2009
Poor Yuuko. She just wanted a simple coffee XD
Damn, Mio was so hilarious this episode. The smack downs were priceless.
So we get to see a very different part of Yuuko and yes, Hakase and she are very very similar.
Yay Sasahara! Getting hit by the horn must have not been pretty.
Jul 17, 2011 11:08 AM

Nov 2008
Yuko and Hakase are so alike, they already are best friends.

Oh wow Nano has a machine gun installed by Hakase, I keep wondering why Hakase installed all those weapons in Nano?

5/5

Jul 17, 2011 11:38 AM

Jul 2009
raise your hand if you had to google what doppio was
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jul 17, 2011 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
I loved the Mio and cop scene, along with Yukko being over at Hakase's house. Hakase and Yukko might become really good friends :)

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jul 17, 2011 1:21 PM

Mar 2011
better not look at Mio's manga or else....

Mohawk kid and his father also a win.. didn't know old man is mohawk too... =)
Jul 17, 2011 3:55 PM

Feb 2011
Awesome episode.

"I'm Hungr-ZOOSH!"
"I'm Hungr-ZOOSH!"
"I'm Hungr-ZOOSH!"

Laughed my guts out.
Everyone is jumping too much into conclusion that because J.C. staff is doing it. It's gonna end up badly. It hasn't even started it. Give them a chance at least. And when the time comes and they actually ruin it. We can all go to Japan, go to J.C. staff and burn their offices. I'll pay for the trip lol

- alpha69 about the Little Busters! anime.
Jul 17, 2011 4:28 PM

Jul 2008
Hah weird seeing those two together.
Jul 17, 2011 4:57 PM

Jul 2010
Yuuko and ordering do not mix...LOL I nearly died laughing this episode!
Jul 17, 2011 5:32 PM

Feb 2009
That was some moves Mio they should learn not to mess with your yaoi!
Jul 17, 2011 5:42 PM

Oct 2010
i don't think there is any way that they can take out the screw now, i think it is part of nano's character. i didn't really understand the part at the coffee shop, but the reactions were hilarious like usual, and one of the things i love about this anime. this is by far the funniest episode, i was laughing constantly at the mistake of counter fraud and when mio was hitting every one, even the goat, so much lolz. this series is going a good way, possibly one of my favorites, i neeeed the next episode!
Jul 17, 2011 6:06 PM
Jun 2011
Loved this episode. This anime is probably one of the craziest slice of lifes I've ever seen. It doesn't follow most of the typical anime reactions and outcomes and it's my 2nd fav overall next to Lucky Star.
Jul 17, 2011 7:15 PM

Oct 2010
Felt like this was a little bit of a return to form after the last two episodes.

I have the exact same mental breakdown when I go to a coffee house, so I'm with Aioi on this one.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Jul 17, 2011 7:51 PM

Feb 2010
This is one of my favourite episodes, and Hakase is parely in it. I don't think that's a coincidence.

And Mio does indeed have skills.
Jul 17, 2011 7:55 PM

Sep 2008
Passion.
Jul 17, 2011 7:59 PM
May 2010
Moral of the episode: you don't front with Mio play with Mio's yaoi, son!
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
Jul 17, 2011 8:31 PM

Apr 2011
That little kid that threw the baseball was a beast. OMG. How does no one stop Mio when she is assaulting people. LOL @ her doing what appeared to be an Ashura Senkuu towards the goat. and LOL @ Hakase's cool phrase "rhinoceros beetle"
Jul 18, 2011 12:22 AM

Oct 2010
First thing to say and talk about in this episode
Segment 67!
It’s where the revolution of this anime takes a turn.

I was so right about it! The final fusion between Yuko and Hakase is finally completed! Finally it brings tears T_T of happiness to me. Especially the following scene,

That Hakase/Yuko hug was amazing! The most incredible was how Yuko and Hakase got suddenly so well along in the spoiler
I was really happy that such happiness was shown between a friend of Nano and Hakase. I was really happy from the beginning of seeing Yuko going towards Hakase’s house. I was so laughing when Nano saw Yuko here and of course priceless Nano face as a reaction towards Yuko being at her door. Totally unbelievable how Hakase took her in right away, in a way I don’t want to think about how easy or mean any crime or bad stuff would befall Hakase IRL. She is really that innocent. Yuko was so funny at her marveling at how the place is clean. That was one heck of a super Sakamoto sweep by Nano in the spoiler
wonderful and EPIC. Hakase’s freaked out face was hilarious especially since she does not want Yuko to find about that Sakamoto can talk but she hears something. In so Hakase inventing a excuse and EPIC begging face of Nano towards Sakamoto not to talk here. In the end she managed to convince Yuko of Sakamoto not talking despite Hakase said that he does talk.

Really amazing that Hakase is talking with Yuko and having tea. I was hoping she would not reveal directly that Nano is a robot but when she did comes another EPIC reaction of Nano here. In reacting to it the beyond doubt erasure was tried with a pretend invented statement here by Nano with a cute wink. Unfortunately that failed really bad when Hakase pressed a button that released tea from Nano’s arm. Now that is practical to get tea anywhere. The best around that part were Yuko’s illuminating faces in the spoiler
those were good. Now the end of that segment was simple but what really got me happy is that despite Yuko getting enough proofs of Nano being a robot she still acknowledged her individuality and there is also the screw with Yuko’s smile in the spoiler
that means that Yuko got the screw or that Mai passed around to give it back. Wow this is a most amazing segment of the entire series and it really made me happy.

The other amazing thing is segment 65 aka Mio’s rampage. What really surprised me is the following,

Oh WTF Mio? You made a felony by hitting that officer with a rather deep nasty hit in the spoiler
hey that is deep. There was a EPIC sheet catching like Matrix style slowdown and EPIC landing here of Mio. Unfortunately Yuko saw something she was not supposed to in the spoiler
and such a nice cosmic disbelief it was shown there. Mio freaking out here was hilarious. That move of Mio on Yuko is incredible as it starts with leg grab and spin around but get this that the propulsion of it follows with a spinning projection of Yuko and that finished with a slam on the ground. It’s possible but IRL I don’t think it’s how it would work. Amazingly they follow it with the poor poor old man getting a kick from Mio. Finally of all things even Sasahara's goat in the spoiler
now that was sad considering that the goat did chew apart of that sheet and that did leave Mio desperate in the end. Maybe I am explaining who Mio’s move works but it’s not obvious for me. So if you think of Yuko/Mio fight was EPIC think again with this fight. IMO Mio can kill Yuko easily.

There are some things I don’t get,

• Like WTF with that Sasahara part in the spoiler
    where the goat only headbutts him. What was the gag there. I did not get that.

• Totally did not get Yuko’s chicken on the stick part in the spoiler
    like WTF does it mean. I totally did not understand it. ?_?

• Loved Yuko with the coffee gag in the spoiler
    that expression of hers was really nice to show a shy/angry side of Yuko that I did not quite see her in that way. There were also epic face 1––- epic face 2––- epic face 3––- epic face 4 and epic face 5 of Yuko during that part which made the expressions amazing.

BTW the waitress in that part was hot in the spoiler
    blondes are nice.
Really amazing episode. Words cannot express my satisfaction of segment 67 it’s more than what I wrote about it in feelings of happiness. A true bliss in the development of this series.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 18, 2011 2:13 AM

Oct 2010
Yuuko + Hakase = So awesome they need their own show. I hope Mai has a few more scenes in the future but I can't complain when presented with such epicness. Oh gosh, Mio, Chuck Norris would be proud. C:

Jul 18, 2011 2:20 AM

Feb 2011
Mio: 1,2,3,4,5... *Epic landing* *Slams Yuuko*... Roku
LOL :D
Jul 18, 2011 5:58 AM

Feb 2008
All the Mio action was even more epic than principal vs deer ;D
Jul 18, 2011 8:37 AM
Dec 2007
Amazingly random episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 18, 2011 1:54 PM

Nov 2010
Great episode again with the *bucks pun.
On a side note did anyone else listened to the BGM/Radio album?
Those soundtracks are awesome and catchy :)
Jul 18, 2011 5:27 PM

Feb 2008
I can totally relate to Yuuko's espresso dilemma. I never know what each size means.....

Mai's actions are quite subtle. She's know that Nano was a robot since she first talked to her. She even has video evidence, but even though she was forthright with the oil at first, it seems that she has decided to keep quiet about it.

1lau said:
Great episode again with the *bucks pun.
On a side note did anyone else listened to the BGM/Radio album?
Those soundtracks are awesome and catchy :)

I haven't listened to it, yet, but I do love the BGM in this anime. Do you know where I can find it?

Also, could anyone make a gif of the scene during the opening theme where Mai is playing with Mio's pigtails? It's just really cute.
AddleBoyJul 18, 2011 7:03 PM

Jul 18, 2011 7:06 PM

Dec 2009
Awww, the ending was so heart warming. As this episode teaches us: people should accept people for who they are, not what they are.

Another life lesson brought to you by anime.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shuncchi - Apr 23, 2011

152 by Barrybee1234 »»
Apr 7, 9:29 PM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Sep 24, 2011

257 by BeastlyFalcon »»
Apr 5, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

stevewiess01 - Apr 9, 2011

197 by LoboDoido08 »»
Apr 1, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Apr 2, 2011

285 by LoboDoido08 »»
Apr 1, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Nichijou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Jun 25, 2011

131 by NintendoGirl85 »»
Mar 29, 10:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.