Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2011 7:12 PM
Jul 2018
I starting to hope Madoka doesn't become a magical girl
Feb 3, 2011 7:34 PM

Apr 2009
Wow Kyouko is made of pure win. Beat reality into that naive bitch. Life isn't all happy fun and rainbows. Now if only Homura wasn't so yuri for Madoka, then Sayaka would have been dead by now...
That, and Kyubey is my new god.
Feb 3, 2011 7:36 PM

Aug 2010
Man, I want Madoka to contract already. Still a good episode and the new girl was a good addition using a spear and such. Loved that familiar too, haha.
Feb 3, 2011 7:38 PM

Jul 2009
woonie said:

It's not a question of when, but why. Or, what the flags that must be triggered to finally get us down the madoka-the-mahou-shoujo route are.

This.
If you are so impatient for her to go super power puff girl, then do yourself a favour and... slap yourself.
Feb 3, 2011 7:47 PM

Apr 2008
So I REALLY do not like this anime too much. I find it boring at some parts and cliche in others. I had this anime dropped after episode 2 but my friend convinced me to watch episode 3. For once that episode did something I didn't expect and because I hated Mami in the first place i was satisfied with that episode.

When that death occurred I knew what would happen though or at least judging with episode 1 and 2 I knew what might happen. One of them would use their wishes to bring Mami back. My friend really likes this show so to make it interesting i made a deal with him that if Mami came back from one of their wishes and everything went back to normal, I would drop this show completely if she doesn't come back like that then i'll watch it to the end.

However last 2 episodes have been back to being predictable. I mean come on who didn't see Homura coming in to stop the fight? The entire second half of the fight I was hoping cheering on Fang-tan to kill the friend and main character resurrecting her and Mami back so that I could finally drop the show for being too predictable. But it was so obvious Homura would come so very obvious and of couse she comes in and cock blocks madoka.

So my hate of the predictability in this show has backfired on me Homura has prevented me from dropping this show. Dam you Homura!
Feb 3, 2011 7:59 PM
Sep 2009
Since the girls' abilities depend on their wish, and it seems like Homura can stop time, maybe that's because she actually did wish to go back in time and save Madoka? :O
Feb 3, 2011 8:14 PM

May 2009
So I'm thinking 1, MAdoka will not become a Magical G and they r just showing it in the opening to trick us, and 2, Kyubey is evil

this ep was good, nice fighting and good info on Magic G abilities.
Feb 3, 2011 8:15 PM

Sep 2010
Ferrose said:
Since the girls' abilities depend on their wish, and it seems like Homura can stop time, maybe that's because she actually did wish to go back in time and save Madoka? :O
This is actually very possible as it would explain why Kuubey knows so little of her (or so we thing) and it makes sense of her powers. This is very much possible.
Feb 3, 2011 8:17 PM

Oct 2010
These are the rest of my thoughts a ridiculous frenzy of replying of which I hope more discussions will stem from them.
About Sayaka, I think there was a great focus on her in this episode to flesh her out more. My impression of her ring and her soul gem made it tie to Mami. They were exactly the same. Mami's flashback memory made her look better artistically in regards to her face. The depiction of Sayaka in the sun's rays looked like a good show of her happiness, as happy as the feeling of heat and warmth of the sun. I think it was a nice key to show a little how Kamijo's parents looked like and the congratulations, yes it was reminding me a little of Eva. Apparently Sayaka has a symbol on her fingernail, which looks at first like a devil's nail from his hand, a second look at it makes it look like a crescent moon and the final look of it definitely looks now like a C. That makes me think of “Chevalier” and definitely Sayaka is the female knight that protects her prince charming Kamijo. Something I am sure she wanted all along.

It was interesting to see one room of Sayaka's place. It looks to me like it has lots of mirror and Kyuubei was weird for doing those weird movements with his tail and ears. Probably wanted to relax itself. Looks like Sayaka's building is a nice apartment complex. Something interesting people might have missed, is that for a split second Sayaka does have a sad face and then puts up a smile. Make me think she is hiding her sadness with a fake happy face. From the point of the transformation, I think it looks like silky threads Just wondering where they stem from? It looked more like some kind of mummification on Sayaka. I think it's pretty common in other shows like that so I don't think it means anything but Mami was not like that at all so variations are nice in this field.

Guess each Mahou Shojou has imbedded into her body their own symbol that is also on their fingernail like I pointed out. That is not good, it means it's completely part of their body now. Sayaka's attacks where nice with like people mention Unlimited Blade Works but unfortunately it was less impressive than Mami's and I am sure many might agree with this. About Sayaka's fight with Kyoko, IMO I think it was pure luck to have gotten her sword tip to tip with Kyoko's spear. There is no way it was done with skill.
Rest in spoiler
Can anyone analyze the writing on Homura's ring in the spoiler
and looks like Homura has a symbol on fingertip also. This week's art in the spoiler
Now let's see what you all think about all this.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 3, 2011 8:38 PM

Nov 2010
Good episode overall, although really, Madoka playing the super sweet and nice innocent girl is really getting to me. There had to be a limit on how naive you can be.

I personally liked Kyouko even though she's basically a greedy bitch and her lance/shaft weapon. The weapon seemed pretty unique, Madame Ikkau's shikai from Bleach probably wouldn't be so damn useless if it could be like Kykouko's.

And Kyube. What. a. bastard. The guy's just plain manipulative and it seemed like his plan was going to work until Homura showed up. I'm interested to see what this evil manipulator's motivations are.

Homura gained some points for me as well. She's the most realistic out of all the characters so far, not a greedy power hungry girl like Kyouko but at the same time not a naive justice girl like Sayaka and Madoka.
Feb 3, 2011 8:45 PM

Jun 2010
Great episode, but surprised that Madoka has yet to become a magical girl. When Sayaka & Kyouko started to fight, I thought Madoka would indeed agree to the contract and become a magical girl but Homura came.

Madoka starts to annoy me too. She is extremely naive and she thinks that she will convince people by using such words. Homura is much, much better. At first I thought she'd be the typical rival, greedy for power and such.

And Kyubey was even more suspicious in this episode, I think it is pretty obvious that he is the bad guy.
Feb 3, 2011 8:51 PM

Jul 2008
Look like this show has the habit of making you think that something will happen and then do the opposite the next episode. Which I like.

Epic fight was epic.

So we learn that the nature of the power of a mahou shoujo is linked to the wish they make upon their contract. This lead me to beleive that Madoka is said to have the strongest potential because she has the strongest ambition.
She could wish for many thing but she is humble enough for not wanting anything and deal with what she has at hand. She even go witch hunting without any power to protect herself.
She's not the kind of people to 'waste' her wish for someone which can be considered a weakness, kindness being something bad for a mahou shoujo. She's not the kind of people to ask for power or fame, basically she knows no greed.
She will be the strongest because her wish is humble and noble, a sign of strengh courage and devotion.

That would also explain why Kyubei talk about 'potential' rather than magic capacity. If the nature of the wish determine the mahou shoujo then it is not something written in stone as she hasn't made her wish yet. She only is inclined to make the wish that will grant her the strongest power and that is her potential.
Feb 3, 2011 9:14 PM
Mar 2010
Damn, I was expecting Sayaka to pull off an Unlimited Blade Works, but nooo, she has to use only one sword.
Feb 3, 2011 9:15 PM

Mar 2009
Since it continues in next episode, i'm gonna sit on the subs until the ones for 6 come out because i watched it live without any and i really don't feel like rewatching it again right away...

Feb 3, 2011 9:17 PM

May 2008
When this season started I did not think that this show would be my favorite, or the one to keep me on edge haha. But it is soooooooooo epic. You just dont know whats going to happen next....
kyubey is watching you (◕‿‿◕ )

(◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ )
ShizuruAnonFeb 3, 2011 9:26 PM
kyubey is watching you (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ )
Feb 3, 2011 9:28 PM

Apr 2010
glad madoka didnt rush the contract their...

anyone else notice at like 16 minutes in when they where crossing the bridge the cars underneath? the only times when they passed was in a perfect row on either side and at the same time...

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Feb 3, 2011 9:33 PM

May 2008
Neverarine said:

anyone else notice at like 16 minutes in when they where crossing the bridge the cars underneath? the only times when they passed was in a perfect row on either side and at the same time...

ya i did..... not sure what to think of that but it was weird....
I think it was just more of to be weird though than having any true significance
kyubey is watching you (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ ) (‿‿ )
Feb 3, 2011 9:47 PM

Dec 2008
Neverarine said:

I just took it as typical shaft art. Kinda gives the show an eerie atmosphere though.

Great episode btw..
Llama765Feb 3, 2011 9:50 PM
Feb 3, 2011 9:50 PM

Feb 2008
Wasabi said:
Am I the only one getting irritated by Madoka's typical mahou shoujo attitude? "I JUST WANT EVERYBODY TO BE NICE AND HUG EACH OTHER COOKIES AND CREAM LA LA LA LA~" It's like she sees everything in a constant pink flowery color.

Yeah, it's a little cliche, but it's a nice contrast to all the fucked up stuff going on.

I'm going to take a guess and say that Madoka will become a mahou shoujo in the last episode(s) and kick a bunch of ass. I sure hope that happens, anyways.
Feb 3, 2011 9:52 PM

Oct 2008
Man... did any one else scream at the end screen after that cliffhanger ending?

Next Thursday can't come fast enough.
Another flawless episode.

One thing in magic animes. The shy, silent ones are always the strongest.

Leouch said:
5th ep and Madoka is still normal girl... :/

I don't understand. People who keep saying this are obviosuly NOT paying attention to this show. As blatantly clear in episode 3, there are many negative consequences or concessions one has to make. Every girl has a choice. And it is this choice that is makes the contract every more so meaningful. When Madoka does become one, it will be at a pivotal point in the plot and it won't be a simple decision to be made.

If you want to your titular character to become a mahou shoujo the first 10 seconds into the show, there's a lot of other shows out there to suit your tastes.

People complaining about Madoka not signing her contract just irritates me.
OmniknightFeb 3, 2011 10:04 PM
Feb 3, 2011 10:12 PM

Oct 2010
Llama765 said:
Neverarine said:
I just took it as typical shaft art. Kinda gives the show an eerie atmosphere though.
I mentioned that too but it's just something to throw us off? It does not have any other meaning whatsoever?

Feb 3, 2011 10:17 PM

Jan 2010
Fucking Kyubey is like a used car's salesman when it comes to pushing middle schoolers into becoming magical girls.

I would have probably sold my soul to the devil episodes ago with that much pressure.
Ok™
Feb 3, 2011 10:40 PM

May 2008
Oh god Madoka why do you have to be a dick and ask stupid questions, i absolutely hate it how they always make nice and kind characters so freaking stupid

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 3, 2011 10:47 PM

Nov 2010
Kyubey looks more and more evil with every passing ep.

i don't know when/why madoka will/would become a Mahou Shoujo, but it better not have the following
A.in the last 2 minutes of the series.
B.have some retarded wish like for that cake Mami talked about.
Feb 3, 2011 11:10 PM

Apr 2010
Omniknight said:
Man... did any one else scream at the end screen after that cliffhanger ending?

Next Thursday can't come fast enough.
Another flawless episode.

One thing in magic animes. The shy, silent ones are always the strongest.

I don't understand. People who keep saying this are obviosuly NOT paying attention to this show. As blatantly clear in episode 3, there are many negative consequences or concessions one has to make. Every girl has a choice. And it is this choice that is makes the contract every more so meaningful. When Madoka does become one, it will be at a pivotal point in the plot and it won't be a simple decision to be made.

If you want to your titular character to become a mahou shoujo the first 10 seconds into the show, there's a lot of other shows out there to suit your tastes.

People complaining about Madoka not signing her contract just irritates me.

to be fair, the show is called "Mahou Shoujo Madoka", and the OP is almost exclusively her as a magical girl. you cant blame people for being pissed she isn't one yet... this isn't the kind of show that would appeal to the typical magical girl fan. For magical girl fans, they've probably already dropped it due to her not changing yet.
desolatoFeb 7, 2011 9:19 AM

Feb 3, 2011 11:21 PM

Jun 2008
as I analyzed this.. sooner or later Madoka will become a mahou shoujo but..
maybe at 10th episode..

one question.. is SHAFT intends to cliffhang us by cutting it in 12 episodes?

Visit our website at http://www.animeotakucorner.com
Feb 3, 2011 11:39 PM

Jul 2009
WTB some depth to Kyouko
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 3, 2011 11:41 PM
Oct 2009
So we learn some pretty interesting stuff:

- According to Homura you can't revive the dead, so her and/or Sayaka's death is not likely to trigger Madoka's contract.

- You gain special powers according to your wish? Wow, now there are even more reasons to let Madoka's wish for a very important time, so that she gains some crazy abilities and justify Homura's worries.

- When Kyubey answered "Maybe, maybe not" to Kyouko's question, it raised the possibility of time traveling: "Maybe, but not in this time". Since Homura is quite powerful (for our standards) and is trying to save girls from becoming mahou shoujo, how come no one knows her? Though it is also possible that Kyubey has some sort of clones or something.

Wasabi said:
Am I the only one getting irritated by Madoka's typical mahou shoujo attitude? "I JUST WANT EVERYBODY TO BE NICE AND HUG EACH OTHER COOKIES AND CREAM LA LA LA LA~" It's like she sees everything in a constant pink flowery color.

But that, plus the fact that she won't become mahou shoujo so easily, is precisely the show's entire point from beggining. Didn't Homura just say that those traits are terrible for mahou shoujo?

i don't know when/why madoka will/would become a Mahou Shoujo, but it better not have the following
A.in the last 2 minutes of the series.
B.have some retarded wish like for that cake Mami talked about.

You forgot "if". Also, A and B are incredibly appropriate, actually. I mean, all the circumstances are making us cheer for Madoka NOT to become mahou shoujo and get stuck in this world of competitive, selfish girls who risk their lives and that of others for their own sakes. So a wish like B (though quite a bit ridiculous, but that's the point) would make Madoka a different mahou shoujo.
Feb 3, 2011 11:52 PM

Feb 2010
I personally think that Madoka may become a mahou shoujo next episode. Mostly just a feeling, but there's the episode title that I felt made it seem possible, and also, I'm sure Madoka's starting to hate being on the sidelines. Sure, she's scared of being a mahou shoujo, but knowing that she could protect people and knowing that she's not doing so may be even worse to her, because she'll regret it if it's too late.
Feb 4, 2011 12:14 AM

Sep 2009
This show continues to impress. That fight scene was really good. I'm glad we didn't have to watch Sayaka fight some small 2D monster. I'm thinking this is going to have some epic ending...I can't wait to see it.
Feb 4, 2011 12:44 AM

Aug 2009
Wasabi said:
Heh, that's why Homura and Kyoko exists, in order to attack Madoka for that attitude. That's why we don't have to worry, since even characters in the series thinks she needs to change her view.
Feb 4, 2011 1:08 AM

Jun 2008
i was hoping to see Madoka becoming a magical girl until this episode. Now i'm praying that she stays just as a normal girl like always.
The reason is because since episode 1 i was suspecting of Kyubey and each episode he seems to me more and more evil...

-First of all the way he looks like. He seems to be a version of the demon fox Kyubi, but in a fluffy way (probably is not his true form and he is using it to deceive plp).
-Second because to become a magical girl u have to sell ur soul in exchange of a wish. Even if u dont have one, like Madoka, still u have to ask for something to make the contract valid.
-Third, he doesnt feel any kind of emotion for any of the girls. He doesnt felt anything when Mami died and also he doesnt seem to care about what will happen with the girls or the witches (he hadnt cared when Kyoko let the familiar escape for example and even tried to change her mind before about Sayako).

Also he is too interested in Madoka's soul. That time when he was about to being killed he could have entered in contact with Mami, but instead he asked for Madoka's help, who was just a normal girl and wouldnt have any chance against a magical girl...so im sure this was intetional.

It seems to me that he is creating situations to force Madoka to make the contract with him...the way he insists...the contract with Sayako that is VERY week and shouldnt have became a magical girl (ok, i know she has no training but still Kyubey never seemed interested in her)...
And Madoka was a happy girl, with a happy family, friends and a perfect life so to me looks like he doesnt have anything to offer her and is manipulating the events to change her mind...

I guess Sayaka will die later and Homura will be the only friend of Madoka (and im sure this character is on the good side of story- what really make me doubt even more of Kyubey).
I dunno if Madoka will become a magical girl...but doing it or not im guessing she will turn against Kyubey...
VanHikaruFeb 4, 2011 1:12 AM
ciaossu
Feb 4, 2011 1:38 AM

Feb 2010
Madoka is still not ready with her attitude at this point she would simply die in her first real fight and Homura comes to the rescue that was predictable.
Feb 4, 2011 1:50 AM

Apr 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
These are the rest of my thoughts a ridiculous frenzy of replying of which I hope more discussions will stem from them.
About Sayaka, I think there was a great focus on her in this episode to flesh her out more. My impression of her ring and her soul gem made it tie to Mami. They were exactly the same. Mami's flashback memory made her look better artistically in regards to her face. The depiction of Sayaka in the sun's rays looked like a good show of her happiness, as happy as the feeling of heat and warmth of the sun. I think it was a nice key to show a little how Kamijo's parents looked like and the congratulations, yes it was reminding me a little of Eva. Apparently Sayaka has a symbol on her fingernail, which looks at first like a devil's nail from his hand, a second look at it makes it look like a crescent moon and the final look of it definitely looks now like a C. That makes me think of “Chevalier” and definitely Sayaka is the female knight that protects her prince charming Kamijo. Something I am sure she wanted all along.

It was interesting to see one room of Sayaka's place. It looks to me like it has lots of mirror and Kyuubei was weird for doing those weird movements with his tail and ears. Probably wanted to relax itself. Looks like Sayaka's building is a nice apartment complex. Something interesting people might have missed, is that for a split second Sayaka does have a sad face and then puts up a smile. Make me think she is hiding her sadness with a fake happy face. From the point of the transformation, I think it looks like silky threads Just wondering where they stem from? It looked more like some kind of mummification on Sayaka. I think it's pretty common in other shows like that so I don't think it means anything but Mami was not like that at all so variations are nice in this field.

Guess each Mahou Shojou has imbedded into her body their own symbol that is also on their fingernail like I pointed out. That is not good, it means it's completely part of their body now. Sayaka's attacks where nice with like people mention Unlimited Blade Works but unfortunately it was less impressive than Mami's and I am sure many might agree with this. About Sayaka's fight with Kyoko, IMO I think it was pure luck to have gotten her sword tip to tip with Kyoko's spear. There is no way it was done with skill.
Rest in spoiler
and looks like Homura has a symbol on fingertip also. This week's art in the spoiler
Now let's see what you all think about all this.
Well, thinking about the picture, idk it can be like many people say, just random shaft art thrown at the public, but the dam eyes and the representation of all the girls besides madoka, seem to be very fishy lol... Like if she is the only normal girl in that picture
Feb 4, 2011 1:55 AM

Aug 2010
This show is really something else. Yeah, a bit of disappointment that Madoka isn't a Mahou Shoujo yet...but I don't really care after the show shows us that there are still mysteries to be unraveled before that :D One would be about Homura and her abilities...
Anyway, I predict a Mahou Shoujo Madoka at episode 7...can't wait for the next episode though, now that the action is still rising...
Feb 4, 2011 1:59 AM

Jan 2009
And suddenly, unlimited blade works. Not that it worked out that well for her, but still.
Anyway, dat ED is still love.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 4, 2011 2:04 AM

Jun 2009
hmm when will Madoka be a mahou shoujo? I like that Sakura girl. But I don't want anyone dying, especially Sayaka. The fight was really awesome.

Feb 4, 2011 2:33 AM

Jan 2010
Great episode!!!something reallllly bad must have happened to Sakura and Homura because they came out pretty twisted. Homura in a good/mysterious way and Sakura in badddd/creepy way!!!

Can't wait for the next episode!!!! When in ended in that cliffhanger I was like NOOO NOW I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER WEEK FOR MORE "CRIES"~
Feb 4, 2011 3:02 AM

Nov 2007
Hmm another awesome episode, but somehow I feel like the animation during the fight between kyoko and sayaka could've been better (I think Mami's fighting scene was way cooler), but it still had alot of impact and goodiness :)

Did anyone started going crazy(in a bad way) when Kyubey suggested to Madoka that it's only possible for another Mahou Shoujo to stop kyoko and sayaka from fighting >_>?
Feb 4, 2011 3:12 AM

Apr 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Looks like half of an "m" plus "ura", so it's probably just her name on her soul gem ring. Signature on the contract, as it were.
Feb 4, 2011 3:12 AM

Sep 2010
Again, a very good episode, even though nothing terrible surprising happened. But that alone was surprising enough. The roof scene felt strangely sad as I expect the happiness of all those people won't last very long. The fight scene at the end was beautiful done despite reusing of some animations. Homura saving the day was a bit too standard but during the fight everyone could have died...nothing was for granted. I wish more action shows would learn from that...
Feb 4, 2011 4:10 AM

May 2009
I'm really enjoying the show. I'm also enjoying all of the thoughtful analysis and speculation everyone's put forth so far. So thanks!
Feb 4, 2011 4:29 AM

Nov 2007
stevethapirate said:

kyubey is watching you (◕‿‿◕ )

(◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ ) (◕‿‿◕ )

Fixed
Feb 4, 2011 4:42 AM

Jul 2010
Ugh, I'm getting kind of sick of Madoka's depressive and indecisive nature. "Let's all just be happy and be friends and fight witches and eat ice cream..." -_-

Good thing Homura came to the rescue, but I have a feeling Sayaka will die sooner or later anyway.

And yes, Kyubei is watching you. (‿‿)
OnyxthegreatFeb 4, 2011 4:46 AM

Feb 4, 2011 4:45 AM

Apr 2009
What I expected which was to say it was a good episode. The little skirmish against Kyoko seemed a bit dull with a few reused scenes but it's hard to blame SHAFT after all the visuals they've given us over the past few episodes.

More about the episode here. Long post and some speculation from me at the end.
Feb 4, 2011 4:47 AM
Aug 2007
Loved this week's episode !

And I love Kyouko and Sayaka :D
Feb 4, 2011 6:00 AM

Jan 2010
A thought just popped into my head, what if when you die your wish ends or like "expires" because your no longer alive? Wouldn't that mean Kamijous ( I think that was his name) hand would be... ummm broken again?

I just thought it cause when you die your no longer fighting so your part of the contract (fighting witches) is done so the other part of the contract (the wish) might stop too?

Oh well its probably me thinking too much...
Feb 4, 2011 6:38 AM

Nov 2007
Well, I'm glad that my predictions of Sayaka getting dumped and killed didn't come true this ep. Yet I fear that they gave her a moment to shine, and her downfall will start next ep. Homura hinted at that as well.

I think it becomes ever more clear Homura made a wish to protect Madoka in the future.
. In earlier eps it's been hinted they have a history together, but Madoka has forgotten. In this ep Madoka asks if she (Homura) has even given up on people in the past, and Homura answered that she did.
. wishes are connected to MG abilities, and Homura can manipulate time.
. QB is unsure about Homura's contract.

Madoka was again being coerced into making a contract with QB and would have done so if Homura hadn't intervened. I think this echoes the scene in ep 1, where Homura is about to get crushed. I think Madoka made a contract with QB at that time to protect Homura.
Homura later on made a contract, wishing to go back in time in order to protect Madoka/preventing her from becoming a MG.

Still lacking:
. limitations of wishes.
QB avoids to answer Sayaka's question: "So you can really fulfill any wish?"
He just tells her not to worry, cause her wish is fine.
Implying some wishes aren't fine?
. What the mechanism to make every MG fight solely for themselves?
I mean: their lives are at stake, so working together seems like a good plan. Mami was willing to share with Homura. So what do they gain from fighting other MG's?
Is there a special something for the one girl who beats everyone?
Feb 4, 2011 6:40 AM

Nov 2010
Akemi is too badass to ever allow Madoka to sign her death warrant... er... become a mahou shoujo.
Feb 4, 2011 7:57 AM

Oct 2010
SteelMaverick said:
More about the episode here. Long post and some speculation from me at the end.
Quite a interesting reading. I have to admit that apart from Sayaka's speed her recovery speed is also a nice find. So I guess where speed/recovery is upped power is down. So Kyoko's pounding is stronger but Sayaka's speed/recovery may overcome.

Also Homura's theory of time travel. I am not sure Kyuubei would allow that. If so then perhaps the reason of why at the end the last enemy is the strongest of all. That is to get rid of Homura. I think Kyuubei wants something from Madoka and it may be that it's her soul. Just like Faust.

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1543 by Biisoo »»
Apr 23, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

229 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Mar 10, 2011

704 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

627 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

523 by Biisoo »»
Apr 15, 11:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.