Forum Settings
Forums

ufotable to Animate Novel Fate/zero [Update Jan 5]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 23, 2010 9:05 PM
Oct 2008
Website updated to include new promotional art, staff, voice actors, and story.

Also, Fate/Zero will be produced by Aniplex.

http://www.fate-zero.jp/index.html
InsaneZeroDec 23, 2010 9:09 PM
Dec 24, 2010 12:41 AM
May 2010
Goddamnit no garcher in fate/zero?
I am disappoint
icekatana8825 said:
SEE THE INVISIBLE TOUCH THE UNTOUCHABLE
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
Dec 24, 2010 12:53 AM

Apr 2008
Really? That's good then.

Dec 25, 2010 2:55 AM

Feb 2010
This is possibly the best news this year! Cheers to next year not being as crappy as this year.
Dec 25, 2010 6:19 AM

Oct 2010
icekatana8825 said:
I am disappoint

Zero Berserker and Zero Lancer more than make up for it, or at least I hope they will.

They were pretty gar in the novels so, yeah ^_^
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
Dec 25, 2010 8:18 AM

Jun 2010
I think you can file me under HELL YES!!! as well :D

It won't give up it wants me dead god damn this noise inside my head
Dec 25, 2010 11:23 AM

May 2009
I'm so wet right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2010 7:27 PM

Nov 2007
Although GARcher is my favorite Fate character of all time the GAR award deserves to go to no one else but Zero Rider for both the win and the lulz.
Dec 25, 2010 8:22 PM

Nov 2009
Huwaaa~ I'm so happy!! :')
Dec 25, 2010 8:34 PM

Apr 2010
icekatana8825 said:
I am disappoint

wait no archer? the only redeeming quality Fate Suck/Night had? the reason i actualy liked the movie... so this will focus more on saber and not have any archer? THIS WILL REALY SUCK!!!

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Dec 25, 2010 10:58 PM

Nov 2009
Neverarine said:
icekatana8825 said:
I am disappoint

wait no archer? the only redeeming quality Fate Suck/Night had? the reason i actualy liked the movie... so this will focus more on saber and not have any archer? THIS WILL REALY SUCK!!!

Please don't comment if you have no idea what you're talking about :)
Dec 26, 2010 12:21 PM

Jul 2007
Neverarine said:
icekatana8825 said:
I am disappoint

Out of all fsn vcharacters to return in F/zero are Saber(and no story does not focus on her), Kotomine Kirei(the "main" villain of FSN anime series), Kiritsugu Emiya(the one who took in and adopted Shiro) and Gilgamesh(as Archer).

Apart from them every other Servant, Master or side character is entirely new and adult Pretty much the only important children to appear are Sakura and Rin as cameos..

In a sense its a prequel and a "seinen version of fsn".

As for no garcher. well, Fate/zero Berserker and Faze/Zero Lancer and Fate/Zero Rider make up for it plentiful(I fully expect Rider to be voiced by Norio Wakamoto)
Dec 26, 2010 7:12 PM

Feb 2010
Fai said:
Neverarine said:
icekatana8825 said:
I am disappoint

As for no garcher. well, Fate/zero Berserker and Faze/Zero Lancer and Fate/Zero Rider make up for it plentiful(I fully expect Rider to be voiced by Norio Wakamoto)

What LostHanyou and Fai said. Just because there's no "GARcher" doesn't mean Fate/Zero isn't awesome. The reading is kind of long and somewhat comprehensive but it has a really great story. When I was thinking about it on the bus today, I realize (which I should have realized a while ago) that Fate/Zero actually has a better plotline (and a set of characters) than FSN does.

Every character (including the minor characters) in Fate/Zero will actually contribute something to the story [please correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't read the whole thing but I just had that impression]. Not saying that it's not the same for FSN but I feel like Fate/Zero does better at...that.

Oh and not to mention that they have great, distinctive/unique characters here. My personal favorite characters in Fate/Zero are Saber (ofc lol), Archer (you know who..), AND especially Rider (hes amazing). I may be missing one or two characters into that personal favorite character list but the main point is...Fate/Zero will NOT disappoint you. In fact, I expect the Fate/Zero anime adaptation to be mind-blowing and NOTHING ELSE LESS (thats how high my expectations are of this adaptation).
Dec 27, 2010 5:56 AM

Jun 2008
Oh man oh man, I can't wait for this
Dec 27, 2010 7:52 AM

Feb 2009
I know this is gonna be sooo awesome...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Dec 27, 2010 10:50 AM

Dec 2008
Heck yeah!!!!
Jan 1, 2011 1:27 PM

Jun 2008
No news during 2011 will ever be able to beat this <333
Jan 1, 2011 1:57 PM

Sep 2010
Fate/ world + ufotable => dont ever miss it !! XD
Jan 4, 2011 11:25 PM

Feb 2008
Updated on January 5th
According to Newtype magazine February issue, Fate Zero anime was announced to be this year's TV series.

Source: Scan of Newtype
Jan 5, 2011 1:46 AM

Oct 2009
HELL YEAH!
ufotable!
Jan 5, 2011 8:13 AM

Feb 2009
TV series, huh.
Needs airing date now.
Jan 5, 2011 12:10 PM

Aug 2009
Summer of 2011 possibly?
Jan 5, 2011 6:18 PM

May 2009
this sucks its going to be OVAs

Source: ANN
Jan 5, 2011 6:21 PM

Feb 2010
Shiro_Yami said:
this sucks its going to be OVAs

Source: ANN

Hmmmm....but someone mentioned that they'll be able to get all parts of the whole story (even include extra parts) into the anime so I'm really hoping that despite the fact that they'll be OVAs...they'll be in great quality in terms of animation and execution of the plot?
Jan 5, 2011 6:40 PM

Aug 2009
but the magazine said its going to be a TV series. Which source to trust?
Jan 6, 2011 4:29 AM

Feb 2008
SoFarGone said:

The official website.
http://www.fate-zero.jp/news/index.html
TVアニメ化決定! 2011年放送開始予定です!
"TV anime was fixed! It will be aired from this year!"
Jan 6, 2011 11:46 AM

Jul 2007
SoFarGone said:

for further reference.

official sources > everything else > ANN and other user-edited databases.

ANYONE can change stuff in ann and imdb. These things should NEVER be trusted till official word is out.
Jan 6, 2011 6:21 PM

Feb 2010
dtshyk said:
SoFarGone said:

The official website.
http://www.fate-zero.jp/news/index.html
TVアニメ化決定! 2011年放送開始予定です!
"TV anime was fixed! It will be aired from this year!"

Oooooh yes! x3

Fai said:
SoFarGone said:

for further reference.

official sources > everything else > ANN and other user-edited databases.

ANYONE can change stuff in ann and imdb. These things should NEVER be trusted till official word is out.

Never knew people can change stuff in ANN. Not sure what imdb is. But I'll remind myself not to rely on ANN too much.
Jan 7, 2011 1:13 PM

Jan 2009
fuck yes! I'm so hyped :D
Jan 7, 2011 8:02 PM

Jan 2009
aw TV series there goes my wish of visual quality comparable to kara no kyoukai movies
Jan 8, 2011 1:49 AM

Apr 2010
Not very familiar with this, but I saw Akio Ohtsuka's name in the cast list, which is reason enough for me to watch it.

SOLID SNAKE FTMFW. I just hope the character he voices (Rider) is half as badass as Old Snake.
Jan 8, 2011 3:32 PM

Jun 2008
AICW said:
Not very familiar with this, but I saw Akio Ohtsuka's name in the cast list, which is reason enough for me to watch it.

SOLID SNAKE FTMFW. I just hope the character he voices (Rider) is half as badass as Old Snake.

I may even go so far as to say Fate/Zero's Rider is much more than Old Snake. Have a pic:

http://oreno.imouto.org/post/show/111875/fate-stay_night-fate-zero-male-morii_shizuki-rider

I won't spoil how he fares in the War nor his Identity. But he's pretty awesome.
Jan 9, 2011 4:32 PM

Apr 2010
He looks like a Fire Emblem character... HAHAHAHAHA! He doesn't looks so badass now, lol.
Jan 9, 2011 4:58 PM
Jul 2009
I am so happy! But also concerned... mainly because I have a feeling its going to be aired in the summer when the "Law" begins...:<
Jan 10, 2011 5:56 AM

Jul 2007
AICW said:
He looks like a Fire Emblem character.

Which is frankly the entire point because all servants are bassically "famous people" of history, thus their characters are based on certain historical figures and their clothes reflect the time form which they are. the identities are very important aspect of servants, as they mostly have a big connection to their fighting style, powers and choice of weapons. Not every archer uses a bow, not every saber fights with sabers, not every assassin asassinates, not every berserker uses brute force and so on. The identities and their history(real life history) play a huge role in their capabilities.

although this art describes him better:
http://oreno.imouto.org/post/show/133244/fate-stay_night-fate-zero-lyc%C3%A9e-male-mikazuki_aki

Although I am disappointed with the va choice for Rider. Someone like Norio Wakamoto would most likely fit better IMO, i am not sure this guy can pull off the ham, badassery and epicness needed.
Jan 21, 2011 4:59 PM

Jun 2008
awesome;D
but...why is Archer with the voice actor of Gilgamesh? .......

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 22, 2011 3:36 PM

Feb 2010
Orulyon said:
awesome;D

Because Archer in Fate/Zero is actually Gilgamesh too lol. Even if you didn't read Fate/Zero, I think you could have figure that out eventually if you watched Fate Stay Night ^^;
Jan 22, 2011 5:53 PM

Jul 2007
Orulyon said:
awesome;D

for further reference Archer and every title like that is a "Class" and not a character name.

Basically any servant summoned is called by his class. By The Rules, there are seven classes a servant can be normally summoned into and thats: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Berserker, Rider, Assassin, and Caster.

Magi who summon them can specifically target certain classes, for example Rin tried to summon Saber class servant but got Archer Class servant instead and Ilya's seal structure allows her to control Berserkers better than other classes(because she has well, nearly unlimited seals).

AS for the fate/zero:
the only servants that return are FSN-Saber and Gilgamesh(as archer).

It can be an entirely different character from the ones in the cast of FSN and still be called , for example, Caster or Lancer.
Jan 23, 2011 3:14 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, this will be fucking good if it's anywhere near the quality of KnK.
Jan 24, 2011 5:58 PM

Jun 2008
Fai said:
Orulyon said:
awesome;D

for further reference Archer and every title like that is a "Class" and not a character name.

Basically any servant summoned is called by his class. By The Rules, there are seven classes a servant can be normally summoned into and thats: Saber, Archer, Lancer, Berserker, Rider, Assassin, and Caster.

Magi who summon them can specifically target certain classes, for example Rin tried to summon Saber class servant but got Archer Class servant instead and Ilya's seal structure allows her to control Berserkers better than other classes(because she has well, nearly unlimited seals).

AS for the fate/zero:
the only servants that return are FSN-Saber and Gilgamesh(as archer).

It can be an entirely different character from the ones in the cast of FSN and still be called , for example, Caster or Lancer.

oh, i got it now;D *my blonde neurons werent working* i had totally forgot that Gilgamesh was archer class =_=

Sorry, my mistake.

anyway, thanks a lot for explaining^.^

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jan 24, 2011 9:19 PM

Dec 2008
I cannot wait for this to be released! SO EXCITED! Thank God ufotable picked this up, it should be amazing!
Jan 27, 2011 9:05 AM

Jun 2009
How in the hell did I not see this?!

I mean, by god. This is....this is......unbelievable. I never thought the day would come....and all I can say is. Fuck yeah!

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jan 31, 2011 11:31 AM
Jan 2011
YESYEYESYEYSYEYESYEYESYYESYESYESYYESSEs
Feb 10, 2011 9:04 AM

Oct 2009
KITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Feb 12, 2011 2:11 PM

Feb 2010
Hell Yeah :D Fate/Zero Anime and no Deen. This only can be damn good.
Mar 1, 2011 7:26 PM
Aug 2010
Cool I'm looking forward to it.
Mar 8, 2011 4:36 PM
Jul 2010
OHMYGASSSSSSSS!!!!!~~~~~ why i didnt see this? last year, syet! i'm reading the novel for God Sake! i didnt expected this day will came!!!! i'm so freaking excited!!!
Mar 21, 2011 5:09 PM
Sep 2009
This is Just pure AWESOMENESS! But I know a way this could be better:

kalafina for an OP/ED theme in the series!
Mar 23, 2011 4:47 AM
Feb 2009
ZOOMG
Hell yea i cant wait, ive been wanting to read the light novel but i hate reading so this is much better
Mar 28, 2011 4:28 PM

Dec 2008
Wow, I just realized that this is going to be a TV series, not just a movie. Heck freakin ya!!!!! I man I hope that they give us 26+ episodes. Ya ufotable! Also, its directed by the guy who directed ep 1 of Kara no Kyoukai, which was my favorite of the bunch.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Aiimee - Jul 6, 2022

7 by miipsy »»
7 hours ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

16 by jorel262 »»
8 hours ago

» New '5-toubun no Hanayome' Anime in Production

Vindstot - Apr 28

40 by MegamiRem »»
Today, 9:12 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by deg »»
Today, 4:45 AM

» 'Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.