Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 5, 2007 1:27 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
I really enjoyed this show. I have to admit though, the ending wasn't very "great" for me. I was really expecting George to either come back to Japan or Yukari to follow him later, or at least some sort of relationship between them. I found it somewhat lame that they even bothered to do the "10 years later" bit. I'd rather they have just had left it out in the open after Yukari found the dresses.

Good show, but it left me wanting.
Jul 5, 2007 10:23 AM

Aug 2006
It's been a while since I've watched it, so I don't remember a lot of the details. I do remember having the same general feeling about the ending though. I liked the series in general, but the ending felt lacking.
#dontcare
Jul 5, 2007 1:32 PM
Sep 2006
I was the same, I remember enjoying everything up to the ending until I realized that George and Yukari's relationship suddenly felt like it had never happened. It felt... like a set-up really. I heard the manga has a better fall-out near the end; however, the anime did leave me pondering as to how they were separated so easily.
Jul 5, 2007 1:36 PM

Jan 2007
I liked the show, and I was satisfied with the ending. I loved the characters. What I enjoyed the most was ep10 (i think it was 10) where Yukari came out in that blue rose dress. It was just awesome.
Jul 17, 2007 10:48 AM
May 2007
When I got to the part where George leaves her the dresses, I was like "wow! what a way to tell someone they are important to you." They are so going to get back together in the future, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I had stayed up till 4 in the morning watching Paradise Kiss expecting a sappy ending! I fell asleep very upset and woke up still upset but also very angry. I thought that the manga might have a different ending so I read the manga. The end was still disappointing but it was not all too bad since she ended up with the other guy, who I'm sure treats her much better, but I still prefer George. =/
Aug 18, 2007 6:52 PM

Jul 2007
I loved this show. It was sexy, sassy, and had a lot of attitude and style. The ending was a bit tame, the last few eps felt more like an extended epilogue, but characters, music, style, animation, attitude....awesome. The closing animation set to Franz Ferdinand was really cool. Madhouse has done some kick-ass work.
Sep 12, 2007 12:38 AM
Sep 2007
I enjoyed it also, the ending was abrupt, i ended up reading the manga to see if it was better.......eh. about the same. hey at least it was reallistic to life.
Oct 2, 2007 1:19 AM
Aug 2007
I really loved these series, and I didn't mind the ending much although I had hoped Yukari and George would end up staying together.

I suppose it's a lot more realistic since he left and she didn't follow that she found someone else. (:
Oct 2, 2007 5:57 AM

Apr 2007
Just finished this now, and i gotta agree somewhat with the ending, i woulda prefered it if they did finish it when Yukari found the dresses, then i coulda hoped for a sequel ^^.

Overall though the series was pretty darn good, 9/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2007 5:03 PM

Aug 2007
well, I think is a grat anime, but I really diddnt like the final. I really want George and Yukari go together
Oct 21, 2007 9:49 AM

Jan 2007
I loved the ending, personally. Sure, I would have liked him to pop out from behind a rack of clothes and for them to live happily-ever-after, but I thought the end fit really well, too. He kept telling her he wanted her to do things for her sake, to take a stand and make things happen - and she did. And it meant sacrificing their future together, though clearly they both enjoyed success regardless. (Honestly, I expected her to get pregnant.)

Plus George is such a crazy, damaged guy. I doubt they would have been happy together for long.
Nov 15, 2007 8:03 PM

Aug 2007
I LUV IT but ye i do agree on the ending waz a bit dry like her bro says her ex is here atleast they could of showed us georgey wat a tease lolz thaz how i feal about the ending it waz a fuckin tease...lolz u get all excited 2 c george but they dnt show him not at all...T_T......but ye i luved the anime i already atleast seen it n watch it 5 times no lie lolz ...o n i luv alll the music through the anime searis especially the opening song...
Nov 15, 2007 8:18 PM

Oct 2007
Loved this show. And I also didn't liked the end at first. But later I realised that Yukari was very weak with George. I think that if she stayed with him, she wouldn't be able to grow and even to keep growing on her career. It was sad, wanted them together cause they sure loved each other that time, but I think this end was for the best.
It's like this in life too, being together with the one we love the most isn't necessarily the best thing and it doesn't mean this love will go on forever, which I think wouldn't on their case. :)

Feb 1, 2008 5:09 PM

Sep 2007
I love the show, it's almost as it was in the manga although some parts were left out .. and the ending in the anime made it look as though she is marrying a mch older man but in the manga ...

and therefore was extremely content :)
Mar 1, 2008 5:28 PM

Jul 2007
i do love this series, but hate the ending..i really do want Yukari ended up with George (although George is that kind of man)~~

but in the different viewpoint, it also seems realistic as how they future ended, yeah one is in France and the other is in Japan, unless Yukari followed later then it would be another story..which i really had hope!

i mean, Yukari is also focusing into her modelling, so wouldn't it be a chance for her too to pursue her job oversea?? its sound imposible but surely it can be done, the 10 years later really make me discontent, as other had said if only they had left out the ending when Yukari found the dresses..

..sob sob..
Mar 2, 2008 7:09 PM

Jan 2008
i love the series all those clothes and stuff were so nice. I was upset about the ending...i thought george would pop up when yukari saw the dresses and so then they would be together and go to Paris:( but i guess not...the 10yrs thing made me feel upset cuz i thot she would go with George when he comes back atleast show how he looks like at the end:(...im guessing shes marrying Tokumori...but i rather prefer where she was left off crying when she looked at the dresses:(...but i would feel sad for Tokumori though if he was alone...because how he likes Yukari...and back then, miwako and stuff he didn't get anything in return and like he wouldn't be much of a character =\

Mar 13, 2008 3:59 PM

Mar 2007
I really loved this series, it's one of my favourites, and I think the ending was for the best for Yukari.

At the beginning of the series I wanted her to get together with George, but once they started their relationship and I saw how messed-up and unhealthy it was, I just wanted Yukari to get together with Tokumori and live in a healthy relationship. So I am happy that it ended like that.
Jul 26, 2008 6:01 AM

Aug 2007
I agree that the ending was anti-climactic and/or a bad close to a good story in some ways, but in other ways I can appreciate the way they tried to show how something built up over such a long time can come to an end so abruptly. It reminds me of that saying about how it takes decades to build a fortress but a single night to trash it.
Aug 8, 2008 11:21 PM

Jun 2008
I absolutely loved it, but as people have said above, it left me wanting more.
How the relationship just breaks at the end was really disappointing to me.
But at the same time, a cliche, super-happy ending isn't always good, it can get tiring.
So, to sum it up, I have mixed feelings about the end, but the rest was amazing.
We're on the bed, but your clothes are lying right there~
Aug 10, 2008 6:22 AM

Nov 2007

i just rewatched this anime! and i found it gReat!.. weew.. i love goerge! he isnt only inlove with yukari but he also thinks about her future..! wow! watta man!.. im very disappointed that they didnt end up together!.. but i read one of the comments heRe and im happy that yukari's fiance (in the manga) is tokumori~kun! so.. im hapee that she's in the good hands.. but stiLL i love goerge for heR!..
Aug 20, 2008 12:21 AM

Oct 2007
wow, i was really surprised at the way this ended, both good and bad. yukari is probably the strongest female protagonist i've seen in a romance anime. the fact that she started out so dependent upon george and gradually grew into her own person was fantastic. (usually in these sorts of stories the girl is willing to lay down her life for the cutest jerk around!)

on the negative side, like most, i found the ending disappointing. not the fact that they didn't end up together so much as the fact that i didn't understand why. sure, he'd been a jerk, but he also had his good moments, especially toward the end there with the show. and so much of the series was about how yukari was in love with him that i was surprised that they split without warning. it just didn't make sense. other than one shot of her staring out the car window, looking distant, it seemed like everything was just right...

overall, i really dug it. and is anyone else crazy about the ED song???
Aug 20, 2008 1:56 PM

Mar 2008
Some few thoughts on Parakiss

The positives - A real treat for the eyes. High quality animation and great design. Besides, the sleek feel, the OP and ED themes were definitely winners. It seemed Tommy February6 and Franz Ferdinand were perfect. The colors were not very flashy and Yukari's dress was indeed stunning.

So my misgivings - The plot was somewhat problematic for me (maybe because 12 episodes aren't enough!). I am not sure Osamu Kobayashi could have done much if the manga had to be fitted within 12 episodes. But I think it was a bad idea to do so. Or maybe, Ai Yazawa's story was just that way. I haven't read the manga. But it seems she has the perverted need to make her female protagonists have an ambiguous love life (see Nana). It was disappointing to see the way Yukari and Georges ended things. Also, I wonder whether Yukari settled for Hiro-kun as a compromise. That '10 years later' was definitely lame. It would have been nice to see what Hiro-kun looked like. Yukari and Georges were probably complex characters in their own ways but it didn't always feel like that. Yukari's decision to leave home was impulsive to say the least and her 'grab my future with those hands' seemed like a joke. Maybe the point of the story was not to convey a realistic situation but it felt so odd that one moment she met Georges and the next she was moving in with him. I can still not understand why her dear mother did not try to find where she was or how her daughter was doing when she (the mother) was the one who stayed behind in Tokyo for Yukari's studies. The story did a fair job in explaining why Georges was the way he was (his family and background). But the story only seemed to reinforce the cliche that fashion people are very creative but can also be very atypical and are at times unable to love. And Yukari was definitely annoying when she would think to herself that if she did not take her own decisions or if she complained, then Georges won't like her. But didn't she realize that her taking decisions was simply for herself and not for Georges? Anyway, I could go on and on about the two of them.

I guess I am being too judgmental. I realize that wanting the characters to be a particular way doesn't really help. Ah well...just my two cents on the series.
Sep 23, 2008 9:08 PM

Jun 2007
I would love it if they didnt show the "after 10 years" part, ending it with yukari crying at the closet & moving the part with isabella&george before that happened. (too)
reason being, I love yukari x george couple
but since they did it, it was a good ending.
if she were to end up with george, then I would demand a second season explaining how that happen...
& I am so glad that they didnt show /much/ almost nothing/ about her marriage to (Hiroyuki?)
xxjanismSep 23, 2008 9:12 PM
Oct 24, 2009 4:54 AM
Sep 2009
Can you think why Yukari and George didn't end up together? maybe, just because their love was a barrier in fornt of their own dreams. I strongly believe that George have never become a great designer if he hadn't sacrifice his love. The same thing I could say about Caroline.
Make me smile, make me laugh, make cry, make me suffer, make me smile again, make me human!!!
Jul 20, 2011 10:28 PM

Jul 2010
I like this series since I have watched Gokinjo Monogatari. I was somewhat confused with the ending because I have no clue who Yukari is marrying.
Jul 28, 2011 5:50 AM

Jul 2011
i like the ending but in the manga she ends with tokumori and i think that the final of the manga is the best...
I also think that this story could be a little bit more developed
Sep 1, 2011 3:05 PM

Mar 2011
Think I died a bit after the "10 years later." Yazawa really screwed with me, you know? After NANA and now THIS?! ;_;
Whatever you do, do NOT watch these two mind-numbing shows in one month..
-So I was all for George and Yukari getting together after they followed their own dreams and sorted out their lives. It was really hard to see them move on to such different, diversed paths after being such a big part in each other's lives.

-The similarities between George & Ren(NANA) & Sid Vicious really was fascinating. I loved their characters and I just couldn't help to make the connections when George was saying how making dresses was a drug that would drive him insane at one point.
Apr 11, 2014 5:44 AM

Apr 2009
This kind of show are hard to find nowadays.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2021 8:51 PM
Dec 2017
it was cute and charming.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Firemonkey5 - Mar 26, 2008

142 by AoiHanaBara »»
Apr 20, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 9 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 28, 2008

25 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 8 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 28, 2008

37 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 6 Discussion

SunSir - Mar 17, 2008

40 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 1:29 PM

Poll: » Paradise Kiss Episode 3 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 28, 2008

42 by Mirorin »»
Apr 5, 12:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.