Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2010 5:38 PM

Oct 2009
This was epic! Absolutely wonderful... So does this mean that the rest of the series will be original content?
Apr 5, 2010 5:59 PM

Jun 2008
ahhh fabulous. Definitely lived up to my expectations. Actual content was both insane and brilliant, and direction was pure Shinbo, whose one trick I enjoy very much and am not liable to get tired of soon. ;)
Apr 5, 2010 6:07 PM
Mar 2008
De-JaY said:
Oh god SHAFT! Are you trying to fuck with my brain again? Well, I guess you won that round.
This. @_@
Apr 5, 2010 6:24 PM

Aug 2009
Don't really get why people find it a "mindfuck", but yeah insane characters xD

I'll keep watching...

Apr 5, 2010 6:41 PM

Aug 2008
It wasn't as bad as I thought... At least its one of the few SHAFT animes with a decent colour pallet and animation.

Am I the only one who thinks they are using some of the most easily recognisable voice actors on purpose to add humour? Not only are they recognisable, but they are also used to make them sound exactly like other characters in other animes... And with Sugita Tomokazu and Koyasu Takehito to come, it seems the trend will continue.
Apr 5, 2010 7:01 PM

Jul 2009
This show is gonna be good. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a slideshow anime because Shaft blows the budget.
Apr 5, 2010 7:09 PM

Aug 2008
I don't even....know what I just watched.

For some reason though it was good. I shall continue.

8/10.
Apr 5, 2010 7:18 PM

Jun 2009
Hahaa I loved it. So weird, but good. :P
This will probably be one of my favorites this season.
Apr 5, 2010 7:33 PM

Sep 2009
Some really crazy characters here....hopefully we will get to see some characters from the civilized world (besides the main protagonist).
Apr 5, 2010 7:46 PM

Jul 2009
I know what to avoid in the future...... Any f**king show that Shitbo directs. Seriously, eveything is fine until him screwing it up royally...... Nicely done, Shitbo, nicely trolling one of my most expected anime this season..... That said, my love for the manga prolly will make me stick with the show despite this troll though....

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Apr 5, 2010 7:50 PM

Sep 2008
Kou really reminds me of Gintoki, or at least the way the characters respond to gags does. Since I read the scanlated chapters already, most of it was kind of expected, but it was hilarious when Nino rummaged herself into the bed compartment thing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2010 8:01 PM

Mar 2009
Ok start. A little odd for my tastes, but I'll give it a try, it made me lol a few times.

I'll have to give it another ep or two...Urahara Out!!
Apr 5, 2010 8:02 PM

Nov 2008
Boring episode :/
Apr 5, 2010 8:14 PM

Jul 2009
That was weird, but got some lol in it
Guess i'm gonna stick with it and check out the manga for what's really going on
Apr 5, 2010 8:15 PM
May 2008
Weird as hell... but sort of charming... suits spring.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Apr 5, 2010 8:45 PM

Aug 2009
LOL. That was weird and crazy. I'm liking Kappa man xD
Apr 5, 2010 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
The chief really is a kappa! Don't judge him because he had a costume on!
Apr 5, 2010 9:27 PM

Jun 2008
Did anyone else get a bobobo vibe from this? or is it just me?

While not as stupidly insane as bobobo, there are still some really weird crazy moments. Yeah I really don't like the close ups. SHAFT just needs to stop and re-evaluate how they are doing things, cause this is ridiculous. They butchered Dance in the Vampire bund, and unfortunately it doesn't seem like FUNI is going to save it.
Apr 5, 2010 9:50 PM

Dec 2009
Chaos_Pheonix20 said:
Did anyone else get a bobobo vibe from this? or is it just me?
i wouldn't have thought of it, but i can see what you're saying.

she seems almost normal. i think we can really understand each other. <3
Apr 5, 2010 9:53 PM

Jul 2009
AHAHAHAHAHA....best shit i've ever seen since DMC XD
WTF with the dad.....that is sooo weird.
Kappa is freaks me out...turns out that he is chief wearing kappa suit but insists he is kappa.Kamiya Hiroshi as Kou is hilarious,so does my goddess Maaya Sakamoto (it's been awhile i hear her voice since soul eater) voicing Nino that is weird but awesome XD
I agree with the eye part..it's killing me :( Hope SHAFT doesn't fuck this show badly or i will rage...
Apr 5, 2010 9:56 PM

Jul 2008
I actually enjoyed the episode a lot even though it's a little weird^^ gotta continue checking it out :D
Apr 5, 2010 10:35 PM

Apr 2009
I really enjoy ~SHAFT style~ animation. Energetic and dramatic. Story was pretty much what I was expecting so it didn't seem weird to me.

Nino is so pretty~ Liked Recruit's manga design more, where he had a shorter fringe. Made him look less typical and a little nerdier. Good episode !!
Apr 5, 2010 10:45 PM

May 2009
i had my doubts at first, all that focusing on the eyes like in vampire bund... but this time it fits, i liked the animation style, not like in DitVB. Quite nice, and u gotta love the characters, kappa guy owns xD
Apr 5, 2010 11:28 PM

Jul 2007
Haha, well done.
I wonder if the bridge will be the sole setting for every episode lol
Apr 5, 2010 11:52 PM

Jan 2010
SHAFT really need to stop using that eye-close-up scene, it was fine in Bakemono, but they have gravely overused it...

This episode was what I expected from SHAFT, I will definitely stick with this and finish it even if it gets as bad as Dance in the Vampire Bund.
Apr 5, 2010 11:57 PM

Aug 2009
Nutbladder sub is soooo shitty. Horrible editing and localisation.

Although it was lame seeing all those eye close ups again, I just pretended that I've never watched Dance in the Vampire Bund and Bakemonogatari. (*self hypothesis) It actually worked. It wasn't really bad after thinking like that. Colour pallet was the best, expected from SHAFT. Dialogues are gold, characters are just crazy. There were some hilariously random momments, too. Kamiya is doing really well; I was worried about him being overused in numerous series as a protagonist so make us get tired of his voice, but I just loved his voice here.

The only real problem I saw was eye fetishes and slow motions; but I will just ignore them so that I can reduce my bias. Other shinbou's direction was not that bad.
Apr 5, 2010 11:59 PM

Aug 2009
It was pretty amusing and random, and I always love SHAFT art, so i'll definitely be sticking with this one. I can't wait to see some of the other characters, though.
Apr 5, 2010 11:59 PM

Jun 2009
Quite charming style and episode. Can't wait for the next one !
Apr 6, 2010 12:25 AM
Mar 2010
TheJuggernaut said:
will comment again when subs are out, but from what I've seen from the Raw. This show seems kind of twisted which is ok with me. That frog man thing was just insane lol.

HE'S A KAPPA!

The zippers are merely fashion accessories...

LOL!
Apr 6, 2010 1:42 AM

Jan 2009
And as the first frame rolls in I though "Shaft : )"
Thing is.. It really feels like Shaft as well : D
I doubt it'll compare to ef, but still
And it'll be good hearing Arararararagi again, since they're taking so long on them Bakemonogatari webstreams : <
Now this
looks awfully familiar xD
Oh, awesome, a kappa : D
.... ... .. . xD

Anyway, this seems to have the potential of being somewhere at the top of this season. Then again, Spring 10 (not to mention Winter 10) seems like a pretty weak season : <
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Apr 6, 2010 2:01 AM

Apr 2009
Cool opening. Loved the zetsubou sensei stance
Apr 6, 2010 2:06 AM

Apr 2008
ok ?! that was really weird ...

Apr 6, 2010 2:07 AM

Jan 2010
A Bridge pillar? Seriously? Couldnt come up with anything better to move the plot forward.
Lame, so lame.
Stoped watching after that.
StarbrowApr 6, 2010 2:11 AM
Apr 6, 2010 3:01 AM

Oct 2009
I liked a lot this for the simple reason of things being much more balanced than Dance in the Vampire bund. From the first person I can see that Ko was pretty stupid of not being able to get out from that poll that fell into the water. It was easy if he could just rip out his boxers caught on little thread of metal . His father is strange=>
and also that he gets a stroke because of accumulated stress over not paying back a debt of any kind but having 800 000 000 yen is a lot of money.....I say let me him bring in better things to Nino's home. Was Ko ever funny with GIFs of shaking around Nino and this expression of his=>
I found it a little funny Nino at the end sleeping inside the drawer instead of on the velvet bed itself=>

Nino is adorable with her hair. Her eyes have a nice dept that made me love Sawako at first. Nino being from Venus was a martian alert to me but that's fine since she looks not offensive.....I kind of get that they eat fish there if it's full of water but it looks like her temperature is way different from human standards. Laughing at that velvet some Greek dropped under the bridge. Avatars of Nino=>
Originals of Nino=>

Kappa was a strange one and even more when I saw some skin from it.....really though it was a costume after all. Kappa does have some nice expressions I liked but best was the name he gived to Ko in Japanese......rofl. Recruit as a name....>_< Kappa nice showdown!=>

just no for me. I have not laughed so hard and intense in quite some time towards this one time=>
and this one too not as much as the first time=>
This made me think of objection!=>

Overall series starts with a strong 8 for me.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Apr 6, 2010 3:08 AM

Apr 2009
That was fucking awesome xD Kappa's Mayor's little dance after naming Kou cracked me up.
garfield15 said:
When Kou Ric was looking side-to-side, I was so positive they were about to do a Zetsubou Sensei reference.

I know, me too xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 6, 2010 3:40 AM
Jun 2009
haven't watched it yet.. but's currently downloading. but based on your comments, this is pretty much an interesting show. :D

[I was actually waiting for this, knowing Kamiya will do the main role.]
Apr 6, 2010 3:42 AM

May 2008
I'd say this was quite hilarious :D I probably keep watching this...
Apr 6, 2010 3:44 AM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:

Anyway, this seems to have the potential of being somewhere at the top of this season. Then again, Spring 10 (not to mention Winter 10) seems like a pretty weak season : <

Am I the only one who actually thinks this is a great season so far?
Apr 6, 2010 3:45 AM

Sep 2009
@Francis: Yay! More Ace Attorney fans!

And yeah, I instantly thought of Phoenix then. I wonder if that was intentional?

I also noticed the SZS thing. I wish they'd gone with that...
Apr 6, 2010 3:55 AM

Aug 2009
garfield15 said:
Oosran said:

I say it is even weaker than Winter 09/10, seeing that most of the anime so far lacked some serious amount of impact and uniqueness. Winter releases had godly Durarara and Baka to test on spot light; but so far the only thing that we can call unique for the spring season is Arakawa, but nothing else; Angel beat is same key stuff, Heroman is same stan lee stuff and kaichou wa maid-sama is still same cliched shoujo stuff from what I've seen in their first impressions. The problem is, all those three were probably the most anticipated animes of the season beside noitaminAs.

Though, it's still too early to judge whether this season is shit or not.
Apr 6, 2010 4:08 AM

Aug 2009
ringoo4 said:
garfield15 said:
Oosran said:

I say it is even weaker than Winter 09/10, seeing that most of the anime so far lacked some serious amount of impact and uniqueness. Winter releases had godly Durarara and Baka to test on spot light; but so far the only thing that we can call unique for the spring season is Arakawa, but nothing else; Angel beat is same key stuff, Heroman is same stan lee stuff and kaichou wa maid-sama is still same cliched shoujo stuff from what I've seen in their first impressions. The problem is, all those three were probably the most anticipated animes of the season beside noitaminAs.

Though, it's still too early to judge whether this season is shit or not.

Oh well, that's where we differ then as I actually liked Angel Beats and Heroman a lot. And I mean, I really don't think it's saying a lot when there are only two series I can say were really good (BakaTest and DRRR! and what about Hanamaru? I loved that!) when I have a bunch more that I think have "potential" and I actually cared about but let's see how the season plays out.
Apr 6, 2010 4:28 AM

Aug 2009
^ Potential is definitely there, but you know that Spring season has about 10 more animes airing than winter. Compare to its amount of anime releases, this season is pretty much... dead...
Apr 6, 2010 4:29 AM
Feb 2009
Fucking amazing.
Apr 6, 2010 4:50 AM

Feb 2009
Yep. This is definitely a Shaft show. Which means people will either love it or hate it. I like what I'm seeing so far. :)

Also Araragi Kamiya Hiroshi is in this and his character really suits his voice acting.
Apr 6, 2010 4:59 AM

Jan 2010
I see another Bakemonogatari ^^
Apr 6, 2010 5:34 AM

May 2009
garfield15 said:
Oosran said:

No, I think so too. There is so many good show this season that I don't even know what to watch. (I'm starting around 16 series from this season. Yeah, it's a bit crazy, but I have a lot of free time, and I will propably drop some after the first 2-3 episodes) I don't understand people who think this season is shit.
Apr 6, 2010 5:39 AM

Sep 2008
This show is full of awesome insane randomness.

I like Nino's ahoge ^^
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Apr 6, 2010 5:48 AM

Dec 2007
Best anime ever 10/10.
Apr 6, 2010 5:55 AM

Jun 2009
it was pretty funny and weird
i hope shaft would not ruin this show like what they did in vampire bund:(
plus..
lol kou and his father are too funnyXD also the kappa:D
jjihhyeApr 6, 2010 5:59 AM

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BitchMaster - Jun 20, 2010

113 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 18, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 6, 2010

89 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 18, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BitchMaster - May 30, 2010

122 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 18, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Boursk - May 23, 2010

148 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 18, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Arakawa Under the Bridge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

BitchMaster - May 9, 2010

116 by kirA_-_ »»
Jan 16, 12:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.