Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 5, 2008 7:57 PM
Jun 2007
Oh and only like 2 people have said they were gonna drop this. I think most of us are going to continue watching, we're just complaining. I voted that "It was OK."

Apr 5, 2008 8:42 PM

Aug 2007
I thought it was a pretty good first episode, didn't find the cg to be annoying at all, and that the show holds a good deal of promise. What's with this discussion though? >_> Some people seem to hold the need to shove their own bad opinions onto others a little bit too much.
Apr 5, 2008 8:56 PM

Oct 2007
I read this topic and saw some bitching about Gonzo's cg, so I decided to watch it myself. I skimmed through the show and really, the cg isn't that bad. Although, I probably won't watch the show myself because I can't stand watching streamed videos.
Apr 5, 2008 9:07 PM

Aug 2007
I watched Druaga..... that was a waste of my time... and seeing all the hate on this. I've come to my solution about GONZO. They fail. I'm not going to waste any time watching any of GONZO'S works anymore. I mean they ruined Rosario+Vampire. The manga is way better. I heard that people like GANTZ. why because they followed the manga exactly. Then after they caught up with the manga they made up the next 7 episodes or so and failed. So GONZO fails.
Apr 5, 2008 9:42 PM

Dec 2007
nice animation...
Apr 5, 2008 10:19 PM

Feb 2008
quite a good start and definitely better than Tower of Druaga.

Apr 6, 2008 12:34 AM

Feb 2008
Well, this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (at least it doesn't seem to be as bad as Dragonaut). Hate the CGI, though.
I'll probably keep watching it.
Apr 6, 2008 1:21 AM

Jan 2008
Wasabi said:
The first episode seems to go by a little too quick.
Definitely too fast for me also. The CG looked very clunky and out of place as well. It showed promise though, so I'll give it a couple more episodes till I make a final decision about finishing it.
Apr 6, 2008 2:12 AM

Jan 2008
Not that awful at all. Looks like dumbed down combination of Ghost Rider and Karasu. Shows promise but nothing more.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Apr 6, 2008 4:04 AM

Aug 2007
Its was okay. Didnt like the CG and no charaters intrest me yet (Only the 1st episode but meh) and I think it went a little too fast. Not much promise on this series but I'll watch more episodes and see how it goes.
Love Psychological? Join
Pyschological Love =D

Apr 6, 2008 4:18 AM

Jan 2008
Meh.

I hoped it would be better, but it could be worse.

I'm interested in a couple of things in the show (e.g. why does the appearence of the demonaics seem to be considered normal for most of the people in the show? What is the story behind it all?), but... Meh.
<3
Apr 6, 2008 8:09 AM

Sep 2007
A lot of the CG stuff makes things look like toys, like the guns and the ambulance. The explosions suck too..
Apr 6, 2008 12:37 PM

Mar 2008
The plot isn't something I'd usually be drawn to, so that's just a matter of personal taste. That being said, I didn't find the first episode to be particularly boring. Personally, I expected it to be worse. I'd even watch another episode....
Apr 6, 2008 1:27 PM

Oct 2007
AnimusNathan said:
Metroid_Ex said:

Blood and Nudity is not for 5 year olds, so you may want to take back that statement. As for the episode itself, I was dissapointed. Hopefully a plot will develop.

You live in a nice fantasy world. My 5 year old nephew watches things with gore and nudity simply BECAUSE they have those things. He thinks its cool. I'm not saying its healthy for a childs mind or that they should be watching it at all but the truth is that they watch it. I stand by that this show target audience is children.

Please tell me your joking, A five year old watching stuff with nudity and blood. That is just not right, if he is your nephew shouldn't you at least have a talk with him and his parents. This will only cause trouble.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2008 6:49 PM

Oct 2007
Does anyone have any screenshots of the HQ version? I want to see if it's worth buying or not.
Apr 6, 2008 7:01 PM

Sep 2007
Wow. I think this officially qualifies as one of the worst episodes of anime I have ever experienced. How does gonzo manage to produce something awesome like Druaga, and then follow it up with this shit. Horrible looking CGI, awful character art, a ridiculous number of cliche'd plot eliments, and very cheesy dialog.

I'll be watching a few more episodes to solidify my opinion, and then this will be the first anime of Spring 2008 to reach my dropped list.
Apr 6, 2008 9:35 PM

May 2007
The first part was bad, but really picked up in the second half, I'll have to see episode 2.
My anime list
Apr 7, 2008 4:24 AM

Aug 2007
The episode was pretty corny imo. The animation is...third rate...to say the least..I had expected more..
Apr 7, 2008 5:24 AM

Aug 2007
I guess this episode was ok. Nothing really great grabbed my attention tbh but i will give it the usual 5 episodes.
Apr 7, 2008 2:56 PM

Jul 2007
An interesting premise, but this episode didn't impress me much. I'll give it a few more chances, but I have a feeling this will end up too action-based for me. Nice ED, though!

oh, these little earthquakes
Apr 7, 2008 3:16 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That wasn't too bad, will see where it goes.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 7, 2008 4:01 PM

Jul 2007
If they give up the CG in the next eps this series will have a lot potential, but otherwise won't even bother watching it. I'm usually excessively charitable in judging animes, but CG is always a bad thing, and a bad thing too much is just too bad.
Honestly, I don't know why some studios insist on using CG. I'd much rather watch a bellow-average conventional animation than an above-average CG. Hayao Miyazaki (from Spirited Away, etc) is really the only one IMO who can use CG properly, and even then because he gets absurd budgets to use on single-ep movies.
Apr 7, 2008 5:28 PM

Jan 2007
Wasn't too impressed with the first episode. Not a big fan of the whole bike thing but still interested in what kind of direction it'll take with it.
Apr 7, 2008 10:52 PM

Mar 2007
Blaaaah

Bad CG is bad.... so distracting.

Everyone needs to lay off the mascara.

Green and yellow hair = ugly...

I feel like this should have been done as a tokusatsu show instead.

I probably won't keep watching this >_<
Apr 7, 2008 11:11 PM

Mar 2008
pretty good art with some srsly sexy CG
This is the first 5 I gave out to the new season
Apr 7, 2008 11:15 PM

Mar 2008
hm.. maybe i haven't seen too much CG so i thought it was alrite. I mean the movement and stuff are pretty clean and the guys srsly looks like ninjas
Apr 8, 2008 1:29 AM

Dec 2007
Wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen but it could turn out to be alright. Def. on the low end of my priority list but I'll keep watching for a few more episodes.
Apr 8, 2008 6:00 AM

Sep 2007
I don't like that huge amount of CG (which is very well made) and bike stuff neither, but I think it was pretty awesome...

It's all from one's point of view, but I think It's quite refreshing seeing something else than your common High-school Comedy Anime (which still is ony of my favourite genres) and I would rather drop to love RU or Kanokon, cause THAT is bad animation in my opinion...
gc said:
You people bitch far too much [...]
It's one episode. You're far too early to be making your mind up.

qft.
TrineasApr 8, 2008 6:13 AM

Apr 8, 2008 1:03 PM

Sep 2007
Trineas said:
I don't like that huge amount of CG (which is very well made) and bike stuff neither, but I think it was pretty awesome...

It's all from one's point of view, but I think It's quite refreshing seeing something else than your common High-school Comedy Anime (which still is one of my favourite genres)[...]

Pretty much the same here.
Apr 8, 2008 1:18 PM
Mar 2008
Its fine, its nothing that bad as you say

The story goes better as the show goes on, and the characters are cool

I hate the CGI too, tough :\
Apr 8, 2008 1:45 PM

Dec 2007
Dropped it after 9 minutes. That was almost as bad as Dragonaut. Gonzo seriously need to take CG lessons from Production I.G.

Anyway, all I saw were motorcycles and boobs. Not something I can stand without a plot backing it up.
Apr 8, 2008 2:22 PM

Jun 2007
In the first part of it I was laughing because of that cyber mutated woman that rand around killing those bikers.
In the second part we got some story and gave the show at least some potential.
In the end it got quite predictable that the old man was going to come and kill that cyber junk.

Well at least something I will watch some more episodes of. :)
Apr 8, 2008 3:15 PM

Jun 2007
CG is pretty bad... I dunno if i'm gonna keep watching it. I shall wait and see after 3 episodes or something.
Reminds me of Ergo Proxy somehow with the crazy machine-ish berserk things . _.

Apr 8, 2008 4:00 PM

Feb 2008
it was ok, not gonna form an opinion till i see some more storydevelopment, although the cg is not that good and motorcycles arnt really my thing.
Apr 8, 2008 4:45 PM

Jul 2007
That was kinda lame.
The characters aren't that interesting for now, the 3D animation is horrible (reminds me of dragonaut) and the story doesn't seem that great.

I'll give it a few more episodes, but i'll probably end up dropping it.
Apr 8, 2008 5:39 PM

Dec 2007
way to slow paced if the next few episode r like this then im gonna drop it
Apr 8, 2008 6:26 PM

Jan 2008
Leninha said:
Dropped it after 9 minutes. That was almost as bad as Dragonaut. Gonzo seriously need to take CG lessons from Production I.G.

Amen! That was choppy as hell. I found no complian on premis or story, but the 90's computer game graphics screamed "We skimped on the budget"
Apr 8, 2008 10:15 PM
Jun 2007
Man I got really talkative and angry earlier. Geez. Facepalming at myself. Just ignore my later comments where I become totally negative.

Apr 9, 2008 1:38 AM

Apr 2007
liked it but not that great, walking on a thin line between continuing watching it and dropping it =/
MasterChiefApr 9, 2008 4:17 AM
Apr 9, 2008 7:03 AM

Feb 2008
I thought this series seem cool :P
Apr 12, 2008 8:10 AM

Feb 2008
hmm at first glance this seems kinda stupid. so far nothing flows. although i thought him taking the pill was sort of realistic. when youre down in the dumps you usually take the first rope you see.

the animation not that great and the CG is rather rough. might wanna watch a few to see if its worth watching.
Apr 12, 2008 8:07 PM

Nov 2006
WOW. Motorcycles. God damn do I hate motorcycles.
Sorry Amanda, your hotness is not enough to keep me from dropping this.
Apr 12, 2008 11:51 PM

Nov 2007
yea it was just making an ok episode. nothing to really have me pumped to watch the next one.
Apr 13, 2008 6:10 AM
Apr 2008
I think the short action scene at the end was good, perhaps that's because the CG only looks like shit in still standing scenes.

If we get more action in the next episodes I will consider not to drop it.
Apr 14, 2008 1:56 PM

Dec 2007
gc said:
You people bitch far too much

Agreed. I have no opinion on this anime yet, save that I hope they tone down the bikes. Bikes are only cool in Kamen Rider or when they transform into other stuff. And merging with psuedo-zombies doesn't count.

Still. Slow connection + much better shows to watch than this = On hold for now. Maybe I'll pester someone to get the series for me later after its done.
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Apr 14, 2008 7:03 PM

Jul 2007
AnimusNathan said:
Rainulf said:
eh? I think it was pretty good. I'm not going to criticize, since the story's still developing, so we'll see. Animation's really good, and so is the CG. Anyway, I think it was an awesome episode. I look forward for more.

What are you talking about? The CGI is horrible and guessing by how the shading is on the characters they're CGI too. It's horrible. Why do people always say this about everything? "looks really good" etc. when it looks like total shit. Do you have no standards whatsoever?

Sorry it's just that when people praise something like this(especially the worst aspect) it allows studios like LOL GONZO to continue making crap.

SamuraiTom said:
The whole motorcycle riding stuff doesn't click with me. The demoniac fusing with a motorcycle reminds me of that futuristic PS2 racing game, wish I can remember the name.
The demoniac look pretty sweet although I also don't like the term, demoniac.

Oh yeah! I remember the name of the game now, it's Kinetica. Yeah, Kinetica..

I also don't like Gerd. Overall, I think it was a nice first episode.

Yea I feel like I'm watching a kids show(and yes I realize most anime is aimed at kids, but I mean this feels like its aimed at 5 year olds) where a kid would say "COOL BIKES!" and "COOL CARS!" and crap. I get the same feeling when there are too many damn dragons in an anime(lol dragonauts, aliens look like dragons.)

The only thing I liked about this was the Pink haired girl because she was hot. Thats not good.

agreed with this and fayli's comments mostly
Apr 14, 2008 10:39 PM

Jun 2007
why do the Japanese insist on using CGI for anime lol. It makes the shows so horrible. Aside from that this series seems interesting. Since it's only the first ep we barely learned anything which made this suck. I'm hopping the next ep or the ep after they will explain some stuff.
Apr 16, 2008 3:29 AM

Oct 2007
I think that it is ignorant for people who hate/dislike something, yet try it anyway, and then complain. If you hate gonzo or CGI, why even try the show? I hate tomatoes, and I know this. So whether a menu hasd boiled tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, fried green tomatoes, or any other variety, I already know that I will not blike them, so I'm not stupid enough to order any. I just watched the first and second ep back to back, and I rather enjoy the series so far. I also watched the mkv's instaed of streaming because I don't do streaming. I'm not a fan of all CGI anime, but It doesn't bother me. I actually like the motorcycle action, as I like racing themed anime. So far this show is pretty cool by me, but then again,. i liked Dragonaut for the most part.
Apr 16, 2008 5:48 AM

Dec 2007
lifeordeath2 said:
I think that it is ignorant for people who hate/dislike something, yet try it anyway, and then complain. If you hate gonzo or CGI, why even try the show? I hate tomatoes, and I know this. So whether a menu hasd boiled tomatoes, stewed tomatoes, fried green tomatoes, or any other variety, I already know that I will not blike them, so I'm not stupid enough to order any.

I actually disagree, an ignorant act would be to never watch a show with CGI or eat tomatoes in your case. Either one could actually turn out to be good if served up right. So even though people hate the CGI used in this show (I actually don't mind it at all) they tried to watch it in hopes that the other aspects of the show made up for their dislike for the animation style. That is far from ignorant and actually very open minded.
Apr 16, 2008 6:47 AM

Sep 2007
Fayli said:
This is really bad, worse than Dragonaut and i didn't think that was possible. I'm dropping it and i never usually drop anime, epecially not after one episode.

I didn't like the show either, but definitely not worse than Dragonaut. Nothing is worse than Dragonaut.

On the anime:
I've nothing against GONZO like most people here seem to be, although I think it's pretty biased to blatantly judge an anime to suck instantly, because XYZ made it. It's practically nonsense.

However, from here, I have watched the first episode and I will say that it did sucked. The racing thing isn't anywhere near to getting me hooked. The animation, although supposed to be "cutting-edge" was weird. Really weird. The story doesn't pose as much substance either despite the promising plot summary.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blassreiter Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kuemauricebackup - Sep 27, 2008

80 by Inexplicable »»
Mar 28, 2023 12:29 PM

Poll: » Blassreiter Episode 5 Discussion

Monkey_D_Luffy - May 3, 2008

26 by skr_123 »»
Dec 19, 2022 9:21 AM

» Any differences between the Light novel and the anime?

kuik - Feb 15, 2022

0 by kuik »»
Feb 15, 2022 4:36 PM

Poll: » Blassreiter Episode 13 Discussion

Carp - Jul 5, 2008

26 by Avichii »»
Sep 17, 2020 5:57 AM

» Blu-Ray?

TheCrunchyUser - May 10, 2020

0 by TheCrunchyUser »»
May 10, 2020 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.