Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2010 9:22 AM

Dec 2009
judging from dollars web chat on episodes one, he really is a dollars member Tanaka Taro AKA Ryugamine Mikado xD

can't wait for another episode, can't explain my excitement for the next episode oh YEAH!!
Mar 12, 2010 9:22 AM

Jul 2009
Man, this episode was AWESOME~

Izaya had me in stitches when he happily jumps up and down like a kid on that girl's boyfriend. XDDD And then pretending to ride a motorcycle when they were walking to that quiet area to talk with Mikado. XDD
And at the end of the episode... Mikado does have a badass side after all. X3 *shuts up*

But yeah, Izaya just made this episode for me. *w* Can't wait till next week. *o*
Mar 12, 2010 9:29 AM

Aug 2008
Huh, I thought everyone stumbled at the mikado's spoilers long ago like me, but it's good to see how some people still are surprised at 'that thing' and didn't knew ;)
I still don't actually like this character, but it was the same with Jacuzzi for me, and hell, I even care more for Yagiri siblings than him.

I want to point out, that Celty officialy became Chuck Norris. Seriously. These are his trademark moves, I'd worry for my safety if I'd be in producers crew.

and yeah, izaya had some nice scenes, shadowing everybody in this ep, but damn, his groupies are so annyoing that instead of remaining my fav character i'm starting to think this show would have better audience without him -_-
NiklaiMar 12, 2010 9:34 AM
Mar 12, 2010 9:35 AM

Oct 2007
Awesome epsiode is awesome. But next week will be 10 time better then this episode :)
Only watch the raw: I will add more once I watch the sub.

KuroTsuki14Mar 12, 2010 11:30 AM
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Mar 12, 2010 9:41 AM

Jan 2010
Niklai said:
his groupies are so annyoing that instead of remaining my fav character i'm starting to think this show would have better audience without him -_-
Hahaha, there are many Izaya and Shizuo fangirls, true.
Mar 12, 2010 9:45 AM

Jun 2008
This series just keeps getting better and better. For all of you still uncertain about Mikado's role...
Mar 12, 2010 9:46 AM

Apr 2008
I love this show. <3
That's really all I can say. Great episode.
Mar 12, 2010 9:56 AM

Apr 2009
Ahaha, Mikado's fake laugh xD Priceless.
Yay, more Kida-kun! I seriously can't decide who's my favourite character in Drrr, but this one's pretty damn close.
Couldn't help but lol at Izaya stomping on the punk and giggling xD He's like a kid. A very mean one. Francis, if you're here and in a mood for GIF-making, please do one of Izaya mimicking Celty's motorbike xD
CenedessMar 12, 2010 10:58 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 12, 2010 10:02 AM

Aug 2008
we should have anti-fag association for those who fail to spoiler tag
Mar 12, 2010 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
Very Good Episode.
Lol. Kida-kun's joke is really lame. (But I laughed)
And Izaya...after stomping a mobile phone... next is stomping over a man. XD
Mar 12, 2010 10:58 AM

Apr 2009
Niklai said:

If you're talking about me (I'm guessing you are), it's not a spoiler because I'm just guessing xD (haven't read the novels.) I doubt he is, he's such a wimp after all. I;m jsut saying that would be cool.
On a different note, I agree on establishing the association (even though that remark was probably aimed at me xP). I thought I was going to kill somebody when I saw THE One Piece 575 spoiler on a KHR discussion board x__X I think it' still there in the open even though multiple persons told the guy to tag it...
But hey, if you feel that's a spoiler, I'll tag it.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Mar 12, 2010 11:19 AM

Jul 2008
loved the part where mikado was being followed by celty and izaya, rofl ^_^ and mikado might have pieced together all thats been going on, and it it looks like he has connection to the dollars, maybe the leader? izaya seemed to expect something along those lines or something
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 12, 2010 11:48 AM

Aug 2009
HAHA! ALRIGHT! I'M SO FRIKIN HAPPY! THIS EPISODE RELIEVED ME OF THE SPOILER THAT WAS HAUNTING ME FOR SO LONG! =DDD

Back to sanity.

I thought the episode was a bit dragged at the begining (except for kida parts ofcourse <3), What was up with Mikao and his stalker fantasies of Anri? -_-
But it got SO COOL when Izaya and Celty stepped in!
Last minutes were FREAKING AWESOME!
(touchy people...)

But DAMN why do they have to finish right at the good part!?

COME TO ME NEXT EPISODE!

EDIT: password's Baccano! afterall! xD

EDIT 2: No shizuo in this one. T_T (damn me for realising it just now)
k0k0Mar 12, 2010 12:03 PM
Mar 12, 2010 12:04 PM

Nov 2007
"all the cards are in my hands."
"JACKPOT."

yes. YES. Y E S.

that is all i have to say.

( i lied, i also wanted to comment on izaya's magical motorbike. )
Mar 12, 2010 1:26 PM

Aug 2009
Maryberry said:
I don't how you guys even doubted Mikado after Jacuzzi.

Oh my god, it all makes sense!

-I know eventually this is going to stop happening but somehow, every episode manages to be my favorite.

-First off, the quick mention of the Blue Scarves getting that *harumph* reaction from Kida. Foreshadowing!!???

-Hell ya, Celty Rider Kick!

-Loved Mikado's little scenario of whether Anri was a stalker. Remember folks, as long as she's hot it doesn't matter.

-I didn't realize it until this episode.
I didn't think he was my favorite when he almost suicided that girl
I didn't think he was my favorite when he get smacked by a garbage can
I didn't think he was my favorite when we saw his knife profieciency and how he screwed over Shizuo
Heck, I didn't think he was my favorite when he was jumping on that guy and giggling like a child.

No, it was when he was following Mikado and making little "vrrm-vrrom" sounds like he was actually riding a bike in which I realize, "Dang it, I adore Izaya. He is my favorite character."

-Today's light novel fanservice is To Aru Kagaku no Railgun with the whole main character thing.

"HE HIT MY CAR WITH A ROCK!!"

-And I think now ladies and gentlemen, from that ending (and that everybody named in the OP has had their own episode, except Izaya), it looks like the character set-up is over and the real story is about to begin. It amazing how the episode went from fun and relatively mellow to OMGWTFBBQMIKADO'SABADASSLOLWUT!??
Mar 12, 2010 1:34 PM

Apr 2009
omg awesome episode o_O
and ending
Mar 12, 2010 1:45 PM

Aug 2008
garfield15 said:

-And I think now ladies and gentlemen, from that ending (and that everybody named in the OP has had their own episode, except Izaya), it looks like the character set-up is over and the real story is about to begin.

Actually, story is about to end :P At least part of it.From what was wrote by someone about 2 pages before, next ep probably is going to finish one chapter of novel and pick up the next
Mar 12, 2010 1:49 PM

Dec 2009
loved this episode... but i'm hating this forum right now!

francismeunier said:
Kagura89 said:
francismeunier said:
Railgun? Where? Where? Togusa's rage was hilarious one indeed.

When Walker & Erika talking about Railgun with holding Railgun manga complete with cover before Togusa rage :)

you mean here:
still does not look clear to me.
the giveaway for me was "biribiri"
ilikeyouevenmoreMar 12, 2010 2:03 PM
Mar 12, 2010 1:53 PM

Apr 2009
Awesome episode!! Is it just me, or was Mikado's password at the end there "baccano"? XD

mel said:
So Ryugamine Mikado is the Dollars leader?

Seems like that to me! Guess we'll have to wait til next week to be absolutely sure, though.
Mar 12, 2010 2:00 PM

Sep 2008
This ep was super awesome. Hahahha Izaya jumping up and down on that guy. And then making motorcycle noises XD

This is a serious realization!!! Mikado part of Dollars?! And in the last scene he looked COOL?! 0.o
Celty as always kicked ass :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2010 2:02 PM

Sep 2008
desolato said:
Seriously, people, use spoiler tags?
Don't just go wild and assume stuff, you might spoil it for others.

Niklai said:

Why would you go into a thread called Durarara!! Episode 10 discussion before having watched the actual episode? And then complain about being spoiled. What did you think we're here to talk about something else?

Use common sense people.

5camp said:
Anyone who complains about spoilers for this specific episode, take heed of my words: This is a discussion for what just happened in the episode. If you don't want to get spoiled, watch the bloody episode before you come in here.

As for the episode itself, I did not expect Mikado to be the Dollars creator. For some god only knows reason I thought it was Simon...

Thank you, my words exactly. Atleast one person here is smart.

And for people who couldn't put the pieces of mikado being the creator of dollars from the end of this episode, from reading the context in the situation, I pity you.
Mar 12, 2010 2:07 PM

Dec 2009
mel said:
And for people who couldn't put the pieces of mikado being the creator of dollars from the end of this episode, from reading the context in the situation, I pity you.
why? the fun of this show is putting the puzzle pieces together... for yourself.
Mar 12, 2010 2:07 PM

Jun 2007
loving it. getting more interesting. wanting more.
Mar 12, 2010 2:09 PM

May 2009
Well that was a nice kick, even Chuck is embarrassed by it :P
Mar 12, 2010 2:21 PM

May 2008
I rofl @ Selty's Kick and Izaya's Stomp
francismeunier said:
Mar 12, 2010 2:22 PM

Sep 2009
Mikado = super suspicious Dollars leader, eh? He doesn't give off that "secretly total gangster" aura. Even in his monologues, he's totally passive! Well, I suppose the next episodes will be interesting then.

Also, Celty is a beast. That kick was awesome.

And why is it that every time Izaya is on screen, he manages to do something that makes my love for him grow ^ 10?
Mar 12, 2010 2:41 PM

Jan 2010
Okay, I think Mikado is more than part of the dollars. I mean, he clearly said:

And I am dead serious when I say this is the ONLY anime in which I like EVERY single character. Izaya and Shizuo are enemies, yet we all love them both.
Celty is amazing. So is Shinra. Mikado and Kida and Anri rock. They are all just amazing!

And damn, they totally left us hanging with Mikado's close confession.
"I..." Ending theme. lol.

jog said:

( i lied, i also wanted to comment on izaya's magical motorbike. )

lmao, yes! that was a win.
deadaccount0000Mar 12, 2010 2:44 PM
Mar 12, 2010 2:47 PM

Jan 2010
msdoodles said:
magelet said:
Awesome episode!! Is it just me, or was Mikado's password at the end there "baccano"? XD

I noticed that too!
It made my day. :)
The password for the Dollars' website has been baccano all along. Since episode 5 or 6 I think, the first time they showed us the site.
Mar 12, 2010 2:59 PM

Aug 2009
When Mikado logged on to the Dollars site, was anyone else reminded of Light's "I'll take a potato chip... and eat it!" scene with the epic computer mouse and fast typing? XD
Mar 12, 2010 3:04 PM

Aug 2009
Durn said:
When Mikado logged on to the Dollars site, was anyone else reminded of Light's "I'll take a potato chip... and eat it!" scene with the epic computer mouse and fast typing? XD

I was just about to type this.

EPIC USING A MOUSE! (I didn't know a mouse could leave skid marks)
Mar 12, 2010 3:05 PM

Jul 2009
Izaya stomping anything = love.
Mar 12, 2010 3:10 PM
Dec 2007
Mikado is going all epic win in this episode and the developments were fantastic and incredibly well executed. All the scenes and characters interactions were just huge too. This was clearly the best episode of the season we just saw. I think Ohmori/Brains Base have found the right formula to the perfect Baccano-styled anime (which was poorly executed and too messy to be called a great show) now.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 12, 2010 3:13 PM
Dec 2009
i pretty sure they're talking about Index not Railgun. Misaka is in both but Himegami is not in Railgun.

i did unfortunately read a spoiler several weeks ago, but it made it no less enjoyable.

and as we have all said, Izaya is just plain awesome. i want to see a complete fight between him and Shizuo at some point soon.
Mar 12, 2010 3:37 PM

Apr 2007
Awesome.
I was eagerly waiting for Mikado to show his true colors, since I already read a little about him, and it was better than I imagined :3
Mar 12, 2010 3:40 PM

Feb 2008
suna19 said:
i did unfortunately read a spoiler several weeks ago, but it made it no less enjoyable.

Ah, I got into the same situation, but it's as you said ;) Mikado is now in badassery mode! Here comes the main stuff now :P Celty was awesome with her kick, and Izaya was hilarious jumping on that guy (literally) and imitating a motorbike. xD

Can't wait to see the next ep. :P
Mar 12, 2010 3:43 PM

Jan 2010
Jacut said:
I think Ohmori/Brains Base have found the right formula to the perfect Baccano-styled anime (which was poorly executed and too messy to be called a great show) now.
That's kind of a pointless remark, considering both animes are created by the same studios. Anyplex & Brains Base.
Mar 12, 2010 3:44 PM

Jun 2009
When I grow up....I wanna be just like Izaya.

God! I laughed hard at this episode. Needless to say, brilliant, just brilliant. Mikado has now earned my respect.
So is anyone else thinking that Kida has some connection to this battle between the yellow scarves and blue squares?
AidanAK47Mar 12, 2010 3:51 PM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Mar 12, 2010 3:49 PM

Dec 2008
I can't get enough of Izaya - he's just too awesome xD

Great episode overall, though, and I love how the plot is really picking up the pace. Yay, Mikado~
Mar 12, 2010 4:02 PM

Jan 2010
AidanAK47 said:

When I grow up... I want to be just like Shizuo (in girl form) XD
Mar 12, 2010 4:06 PM

Apr 2008
Lol Mikado is imitating Light's epic writing with his epic mouse moving.
Mar 12, 2010 4:07 PM

Jun 2009
nicoliolipoli said:
AidanAK47 said:

When I grow up... I want to be just like Shizuo (in girl form) XD

When i grow up... I want to be like Selty (in man form) ?
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Mar 12, 2010 4:09 PM

May 2008
Kida's such a spaz xD

AND IZAYA IS SO FUCKING AWESOME. Best character EVER. Oh god. I love him ten times as much now.

&looks like Mikado's finally revealing his identity. It's getting somewhere now~

Mar 12, 2010 4:11 PM

Feb 2010
WAA is all I can say to this show !
I always thought this show was amazing, but now, WOAH, I LOVE IT !

It's really beggining to develop a exciting and twisted plot, and it's heading towards a really weird but awsome series. I simply just loved mikado and izaya in this !

lol; btw did anyone notice that mikado's computer password was Baccano ? funny.
Mar 12, 2010 4:16 PM

Feb 2010

God! I laughed hard at this episode. Needless to say, brilliant, just brilliant. Mikado has now earned my respect.
So is anyone else thinking that Kida has some connection to this battle between the yellow scarves and blue squares?

Mar 12, 2010 4:23 PM

Aug 2008
Ginkarasu said:

yea, yea, all noticed.
like, a month ago when it was showed first time -_-
Mar 12, 2010 4:43 PM

Feb 2010
Niklai said:
Ginkarasu said:

yea, yea, all noticed.
like, a month ago when it was showed first time -_-

oh sorry... -_-
I'm being slow..
Mar 12, 2010 5:08 PM
Nov 2009
Grimmm said:
I love this show. <3
That's really all I can say. Great episode.

Pretty much this.
WARNING - HIGHLY TOXIC
If contact with skin occurs, RIP IT OFFFF OH GOD MY MIND
Mar 12, 2010 5:12 PM

Aug 2009
On the other hand of thinking that this episode was just brilliant with amazing twist, I started to get worried. This is fast. Way too fast. This is not even a middle of the episode, yet some of the major twists are already out. I can't believe they will going to have 14 more episodes for everything. I just try to force myself on thinking that there will be something big beside all of this, (like Shinra Mystery,Izaya past, Russian Sushi + Simon, and some mysterious American company) but... this is just... rushed.

Besides that, brilliant. Izaya is my idol now. Plus, my guess was right... Mikado WAS the leader of dollars... xD

Jackpot
Mar 12, 2010 5:19 PM

Jan 2010
ringoo4 said:
On the other hand of thinking that this episode was just brilliant with amazing twist, I started to get worried. This is fast. Way too fast. This is not even a middle of the episode, yet some of the major twists are already out. I can't believe they will going to have 14 more episodes for everything. I just try to force myself on thinking that there will be something big beside all of this, (like Shinra Mystery,Izaya past, Russian Sushi + Simon, and some mysterious American company) but... this is just... rushed.

I know! You have such a good point! The thing is, I reallyyyy wish ( as do other people im sure) that Durarara could go past these 24 episodes of epicness and be the start of a new popular on-going anime. But, it probably won't happen :(
Mar 12, 2010 5:39 PM

Aug 2009
nicoliolipoli said:
ringoo4 said:

I know! You have such a good point! The thing is, I reallyyyy wish ( as do other people im sure) that Durarara could go past these 24 episodes of epicness and be the start of a new popular on-going anime. But, it probably won't happen :(
That's pretty much expecting this anime to be another naruto/bleach/dragon ball/d-grey mand, which I don't really appreciate.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Seeking advice on watching order

Haemogoblin - Apr 28

3 by Dracus3 »»
Yesterday, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.