Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2016 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, Gaen in the finale. Really liked the smooth snowy backgrounds of this episode and cameos from other characters like Mayoi, Tsukihi, Kanbaru, etc. And of course, Senjougahara in this episode.
Mar 26, 2016 2:30 PM
Oct 2015
This episode blew my mind.

That was so unexpected, and I don't think my brain can function anymore.
Mar 26, 2016 4:00 PM

Aug 2012
Waited 3 months for this, and i'm not disapointed
I really need Owari 3 anime now, c'mon

Best episode so far 10/10
Mar 26, 2016 6:00 PM

Nov 2013
10/10

I really thought we would get a trailer for Owarimonogatari Part two though. How many episodes would an anime adaptation be I wonder... At any rate this was a nice prep, It's maddening how AniplexUSA didn't bother to try to get these episodes with better quality to North America.
Hayao Miyazaki was a Mistake
-Anime

Mar 26, 2016 7:46 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
This episode is easily the best one of the series. Give me my Owari Part 3 and Zoku-Owari adaptations!

5/5
Mar 26, 2016 11:12 PM

Jun 2012
Next monogatari adaptation when?
Mar 26, 2016 11:53 PM

Apr 2014
Let me start by saying the entire series has been great. 12 short stories that lead to either an anticlimactic typical nisio ending or a philosophical ending has been a fun ride. I dont know if this was intentional but each episode got higher and higher in quality as if they were trying to emulate the style of the time. First episodes were a bit lower quality like most bake episodes and gradually felt more like the current series. I can go on about that but id rather talk about this episode for now.

This episode as most gatari arcs have extremely well detailed foreshadowing. Anyone who wont get it know will be pleased when they do in the future. Im glad SHAFT adapted Owari part 1 and 2 before adapting Koyomimonogatari because it fit better. Now we can go into part 3 as a direct continuation.

Just on how this episode was directed alone was amazing. Having all the girls appearing in this episode to show how much they mean to him and how much he means to them was a nice visual. The chopping up Araragi scene was done stylistically idk if i could have even visualized it better myself.

As for this episode im rating it a 5/5. However on my mal ill rate Koyominogatari a 8/10. Owarimonogatari part 3 and Zokumonogatari are going to be fun indeed lets see how this story wraps up. I would love to see shaft adapt the offf seasons as specials like neko, hana, and tsuki.
Mar 26, 2016 11:59 PM

Jan 2015
So it really is Gaen plus the Oddity Killer for the last episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 27, 2016 12:21 AM

Nov 2013
I felt good when Araragi burnt Gaen for being so pretentious. She seems to be in awe that someone can not only read and predict her moves but shut her up. The mere fact that Araragi Koyomi called her up on her bullshit was so refreshing.
-Anime

Mar 27, 2016 12:25 AM

Nov 2008
I had already been spoilered that the name of one arc in Owari is
but I didn't predict it to be executed like this. Best episode, bumped it from a 6 to a 7 for me.
Mar 27, 2016 3:31 AM

Jun 2015
Well that was a good episode. Best of the series.
:)
Mar 27, 2016 3:36 AM

Feb 2015
Ahhh YES that episode was FANTASTIC. We got a very short look at Nadeko after the whole snake god incident, but that's not the best bit. Gaen kills Araragi, so I really want to know her mmotive (we had a vague reason but I feel like it can be explained much better) but then Araragi wakes up in some weird space between life and death... with HACHIKUJI!!! So looking forward to Mayoi Hell and the continuation up to Koyomi Reverse to see what happens.
Mar 27, 2016 3:44 AM

Apr 2012
God Eater was better.
Mar 27, 2016 3:44 AM

Jul 2013
That was... unexpected, but a nice conclusion to the story. Seeing Hachukuji at the end was great. I expect the second season of Owarimonogatari to be announced in 2017.
Mar 27, 2016 4:13 AM
Nov 2015
This episode is the best, showing everyone makes this like truly final episode. Well shaft is busy with kizumonogatari. So maybe owarimonogatari book 3 will be adapted in 2017
Mar 27, 2016 4:23 AM

Jul 2014
What... what the hell just happened? So Gaen kills Araragi to stop him from doing something that will cause "the other side" (no idea who it is, but I can only assume Ougi at this point) to react, after which he ends up somewhere with Hachikuji (presumably a purgatory or something?)? Did I get that right?

Either way, what an episode, and what a way to end this series of shorts. I'm even more excited now for the next part of Owari, whenever it eventually comes (probably not for a while, what with Kizu and all).

Still only a 7/10 for this overall, as some of the other episodes were just downright dull and virtually pointless.
Mar 27, 2016 4:55 AM

Sep 2013
so, the punchline is, Koyomi is dead, and he is with Mayoi now, all alone.....poor Senjougahara ...
Mar 27, 2016 5:21 AM

Feb 2015
So is Koyomi actually dead or does he come back somehow?
Mar 27, 2016 5:42 AM
Nov 2015
Crashmatt said:
So is Koyomi actually dead or does he come back somehow?

I don't quite remember, but he is supposed to be alive in Hanamonogatari, right?
Mar 27, 2016 5:49 AM

Feb 2015
Im pretty sure the second part of Owarimonogatri leads on from this episode so I presume he comes back??
Mar 27, 2016 6:37 AM

Apr 2014
I guess Mayoi Hell is next

Mar 27, 2016 7:22 AM

Apr 2014
Oh I forgot to say this but

holy shit its mamaragi

Mar 27, 2016 7:32 AM

Nov 2013
that episode was whack yo. I'm looking forward to the next owari arc
Disappear. This chair is an eyesore. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair. This chair.
Mar 27, 2016 8:09 AM

Jan 2015
Okay, I'm just confused now. So Gaen killed Koyomi and he's in some place with Mayoi now. He's well and alive in Hanamonogatari though? Are we supposed to know what's happening at this point or are the answers in the next Owari arc?

Well nevertheless, this was a nice series of short stories. 8/10
Mar 27, 2016 8:31 AM

Apr 2015
That cliffhanger... Can't wait for Mayoi Hell, hope it gets an adaptation this year.
Mar 27, 2016 8:32 AM

Mar 2016
Someone please just explain everything to me?

QUESTION: WHY DID GAEN KILLED ARARAGI? What were all the things she talked about.

Or is this supposed to be confusing to the audience and it will let us know about it better in the next adaption?
Mar 27, 2016 8:40 AM

Apr 2014
Kobe_Bryant said:
Someone please just explain everything to me?

QUESTION: WHY DID GAEN KILLED ARARAGI? What were all the things she talked about.

Or is this supposed to be confusing to the audience and it will let us know about it better in the next adaption?
Dont ask. Telling you its a spoiler is in itself a spoiler.

You will be rewarded
Mar 27, 2016 9:06 AM

Oct 2015
Luke72 said:
Ahhh YES that episode was FANTASTIC. We got a very short look at Nadeko after the whole snake god incident, but that's not the best bit. Gaen kills Araragi, so I really want to know her mmotive (we had a vague reason but I feel like it can be explained much better) but then Araragi wakes up in some weird space between life and death... with HACHIKUJI!!! So looking forward to Mayoi Hell and the continuation up to Koyomi Reverse to see what happens.

Nice foreshadowing. Can't wait for the next adaptation. Hope we get it this year itself.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Mar 27, 2016 10:11 AM

Jul 2013
That last scene got my hyped for Owarimonogatari part 2 and the upcoming mayoi hell arc.
Mar 27, 2016 10:25 AM

Dec 2014
Wow, that was quite the death and flash of baby Araragi. Damn good episode.

It's really such a shame most of these episodes bored me to death in trying to convey each of their themes and overall subjectively pointless to the story. Sure, most of Nisemonogatari was pointless as hell, but it was tons of fun with all the back and forth bantering. I think I only really liked this one, the Shinobu ep, Kagenui ep (mostly because of Karen lol), and that one Nadeko episode. So 6/10 for inconsistency.

Can't wait for Owari part three and Kizu part two!
I need sleep.
Mar 27, 2016 12:40 PM

Aug 2015
Weird that they put this in the ONA, wouldnt they have to retell this episode in the next half of Owari.

Anyway got me pumped for the next arc, got so many questions and can't wait to see more Mayoi. Didn't really feel like a good ending to Koyomimonogatari though, just confuses things tbh.
Mar 27, 2016 1:01 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Man, I honestly thought this episode was going to be like the ones before it but the way it went down surprised me.

I just want the rest Owari now. Shaft pls

Also that the car looked like it was about to run over Hitagi. If it even skimmed her I'd be pissed.
Mar 27, 2016 1:18 PM

Sep 2009
Shaft announced Owari 2 via Twitter but no details yet
Mar 27, 2016 1:18 PM

Feb 2015
Okay...i need to calm down....calm down....
okay! first....what's up with the after credit scene ? Owari part 3 ? so Owarimonogatari adaptation is not end yet ? What is Zoku ? first time i've heard it... or Zoku and Owari part 3 is the same thing ?
Monogatari Off Season; Orokamonogatari , Wazamonogatari and Tsugimonogatari adaptation ?
Man, i'm confused. but that after credit scene or "Teaser" really got me well. i didn't expected that especially Hachikuji. I was getting excited after i saw that scene. Really really great ending. probably best episode of the series.

That's why the title is a little bit went dark. After i saw the title is Koyomi Dead, WOW! that suddenly went dark. And Araragi died, in! a! horrible! way! i will never imagine how painfull is that!!!.

obviously hope for another adaptation!!! looking foward to it XD
i'm getting excited!!!

Edit : many people said "Mayoi Hell" DAMN HELL I'M GETTING EXCITED JUST BY SEEING THE TITLE!!!
YizelTroMar 27, 2016 1:24 PM
Mar 27, 2016 1:41 PM

Jul 2012
Really didn't expect this series to be a serious one, just something like a small ONA. This ending really surprised me and i really love it! Was hyped for owarimonogatari, but imo it was not that good and can say that enjoyed this ONA much more! Hachikuji is back and seems like will be some important part again, so hyped for what comes next =/
Oh, forgot to say, all ED songs are good, so is this one and it's my favourite now.
allenjkeMar 27, 2016 1:57 PM
Mar 27, 2016 1:45 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Next Owari season hype.
I want it now. ;-;
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 27, 2016 2:58 PM

Nov 2013
I was satisfied with these stories, All we can do now is wait for confirmation of Owarimonogatari Part 2 since "Koyomi Dead" was quite the opening act for was to come.

I think AniplexUSA decision of not having grabbed this is going to bite them on the ass to western audiences. The last two episodes are quite crucial for the relevancy on how will Mayoi Hell arc will open up. People who haven't seen this will feel like they just got slapped.

10 / 10 the entire series I wrote a review for it those who might be interested.
-Anime

Mar 27, 2016 3:01 PM

Apr 2014
D-ohnuts said:
Araragi and Izuko talk about some bullshit, and then she kills him. The end.
lol just because u didnt understand it in context doesnt mean its bullshit. also even if u dont read the books to know its obviously hinting at something. calling it bullshit is because ur lack of understanding not the anime fault.
Mar 27, 2016 3:07 PM

Jul 2015
Wow. Mind blown. I knew he wasn't dead because in Hanamonogatari everything is fine. Also because of the first servant Shinobu had. I'm guessing it's just a matter of time for him to come back since "you can't completely kill an immortal" (or something among those lines). Waiting for more Monogatari!
Mar 27, 2016 3:27 PM

Jul 2014
moodie said:
lol just because u didnt understand it in context doesnt mean its bullshit. also even if u dont read the books to know its obviously hinting at something. calling it bullshit is because ur lack of understanding not the anime fault.

Who says I didn't understand? I sure as hell understand it, I just didn't feel like recapping what they talked about.
D-ohnutsMar 27, 2016 3:46 PM
Mar 27, 2016 3:28 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Gaen killed Araragi OMG

Mayoi is with him OMG
Mar 27, 2016 5:09 PM

May 2012
As expected, Koyomi Dead is the final episode. Now I hate Gaen so much! But of course, we won't find out what happened until another arc with Mayoi Hachikuji. A great cliffhanger to end Koyomimonogatari.

Whoever was subbing this seems to have forgotten to sub a line, so anyone knows what he said before he was asking himself "What has Gaen done?!" in that little post-credit scene?

Mar 27, 2016 5:39 PM

Sep 2013
With a title like Koyomi Dead, and the next arc being Mayoi Hell... I should have seen it coming but I'm still so shocked after this episode. The next season can't come soon enough.
Mar 27, 2016 5:49 PM

Jul 2014
I'd enjoy this series more if they didn't talk so much so fast. This series has already lost me since the very first season. At least it's still somewhat interesting here and there I guess.
Mar 27, 2016 5:55 PM

Apr 2012
chaosflame5 said:
Whoever was subbing this seems to have forgotten to sub a line, so anyone knows what he said before he was asking himself "What has Gaen done?!" in that little post-credit scene?
I hear
僕はガエンさんのふる飼い殺しにおって、切り刻まれたじゃなかったのか。

so I think it's something like
Gaen took on her to deny keeping a useless guy like me alive, hadn't she just minced me?

I'm not quite sure about ふる and おって though.
EratiKMar 27, 2016 6:11 PM
Mar 27, 2016 7:09 PM

Nov 2011
So...I thought these were just bullshit joke episodes...apparently not.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 27, 2016 8:07 PM

Jan 2008
We all know that this obviously isn't the end...yet. Araragi comes back somehow in Hanamonogatari, with Koyomimonogatari being short stories throughout the entire series.

...That being said...Dat cliffhanger. The chronology of this series vs it's air dates is confusing the hell out of me, so much so I need to reference a chart or list of some kind just to barely make some sense of it. I haven't been this confused since The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya first aired a decade ago.
Mar 27, 2016 9:27 PM
Aug 2014
HACHIKUJI~~~~
The only thing that's bothering me is that Shinobu-chan's all alone. My love for both these apparitions is conflicting. Can't wait for the next series and for Kizu. Araragi x Shinobu for eternity
Mar 28, 2016 2:01 AM

Jul 2008
I can't wait to find out what happens next! These episodes were cute and fun. This last one though gets me excited for next season!
Mar 28, 2016 2:06 AM

May 2013
what sword that gaen holding?
Kokorowatari or Yumewatari? The sub is not explained that.

the other side is Ougi, right?
so, is it foreshadowing Ougi and Arararagi are one whole existance? if we consider the fact arararagi is too forgetful in front of Ougi too.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 5, 2016

67 by RioFS »»
Apr 3, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2016

60 by RioFS »»
Apr 3, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

67 by RioFS »»
Apr 3, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2016

82 by RioFS »»
Apr 3, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Koyomimonogatari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

moodie - Jan 9, 2016

79 by RioFS »»
Apr 2, 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.