Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2014 2:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that took almost everything out from the Sailor scouts but they still won't give up. That's some major spirit there. On the other hand, the knights themselves got up and also wants to fight.

Quite an episode overall. Damn it Mamoru. And cliffhanger...
Dec 20, 2014 2:48 AM

Apr 2007
You know, I've been trying to cut this show some slack, despite its shortcomings. But then you end up with this:

I know the name of the show is 'Sailor Moon' and all, but taking Venus's key moment away is sort of symptomatic of this series's insistence of marginalizing everyone else except Usagi and Mamoru, which in my opinion is part of the reason why it's performing relatively poorly.

Oh, and Shitennou redemption with happy ending? Thanks for ruining Christmas, Toei.
Dec 20, 2014 3:43 AM
Jun 2011
it was great episode even if they changed venus key moment also next episode is the end of the dark kingdom arc
Dec 20, 2014 4:04 AM

May 2014
Wasn't the sword supposed to belong to Venus?
Dec 20, 2014 4:08 AM
Jun 2011
ToQYuLovely said:
Wasn't the sword supposed to belong to Venus?
yes it was her sword she was the one who pulled it. but they the scence from the manga where venus kill queen beryl with the sword. instead of show venus kill her like in the manga they changed it to sailor moon
Dec 20, 2014 4:55 AM

May 2013
I knew that there will be a new episode this week. Although I just laugh whenever there are art problems and retarded moments.

So the arc will end next week huh?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 20, 2014 6:01 AM

Jul 2010
Since I've just watched the last movies of Sailor Moon Memorial, I can tell for sure that the original anime is so much better. However, I don't see Sailor Moon Crystal as a remake, but as a different story, which isn't bad as its own.
Dec 20, 2014 7:50 AM

Mar 2009
Why on earth was it Sailor Moon who destroyed Beryl??? Yes I know she is the title character but I don't see the point of changing it from Sailor Venus to Sailor Moon.

When the 5 Senshi were fighting Beryl, for a moment I thought Sailor Moon's dango hair ornaments would start blinking ala Ultraman XD

The battle with the Shitennou was one-sided as expected. But why let them remember their past lives then have Metalia suddenly appearing to destroy them! That's just cruel...
Dec 20, 2014 8:05 AM

Mar 2009
kagura-pb said:
zanpakutoflames said:
The battle with the Shitennou was one-sided as expected. But why let them remember their past lives then have Metalia suddenly appearing to destroy them! That's just cruel...

Leaving them alive would be too much of a change of the source material on a fundamental level, I guess? They probably wouldn't know what to do with them in the future arcs or how to fit them into the story.

Hmmm.... I suppose so, we'll just have to wait and see.

Come to think of it, having Sailor Moon destroy Beryl might be so the 4 senshis meet the Shitennou. If things had followed the original manga sequence, it'd have to be a 3 vs 4 battle?
Dec 20, 2014 8:26 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That cliffhanger, totally unexpected, and wow, totally ripping Venus off. She's been downgraded to regular Sailor girl instead of having a bigger role in the original show.

Feel bad for Venus, I think Kunzite is the one who called her and then the Ite Nights get killed seconds later in front of the girls. Cruel death.

Dec 20, 2014 9:46 AM

Dec 2013
Biggest cliffhanger in anime history! >__<

Dec 20, 2014 10:02 AM

Apr 2008
They can do better than that. I still need more pushing. After all Beryl did, she won't get struck...

I wanted to cry too; if I actually saw the Shintennou dead in that crater, I would've been mad and prepared for Metalia's battle in the next two weeks. But the show is just a little weak and won't rend my heart.

That ending was great though!
Dec 20, 2014 1:54 PM

Nov 2012
Well though I hadn't known anything about the manga and all that I only felt slightly like "lol howcome Sailor Moon pick up the sword without even asking Venus who was the one using it.", and thought it was a great episode. I think this show might, at least in my view, better for anime only fans, considering people seem to be getting upset by manga changes here, to me it was quite a touching episode.
Jaywalker.
Dec 20, 2014 3:14 PM

Feb 2013
This episode has revealed one of the major problems with this version of the anime: lack of character development on the sailor scouts.

I couldn't help but laugh at the feeble attempts to be dramatic throughout the episode.
Dec 20, 2014 3:22 PM

Apr 2010
Beryl was a cute human. I never would've guessed.
Dec 20, 2014 3:50 PM
Oct 2008
Wait one damn second... they kept the Shitten... The Four Jewel Guys (forgot the groups names) Alive and halted on following the source for that horrible scene.
Dec 20, 2014 5:27 PM
Nov 2013
Wow, I don't know how to feel about this episode. Didn't expect Beryl to fall that easily, and definitely did not expect that ending. Even though I have not read the manga, kinda sad to hear my favorite Senshi (Venus) has been downgraded in terms of a bigger role.

Well, waiting for the next episode sure will be a pain :(
Dec 20, 2014 10:41 PM

Sep 2014
Did they seriously take Venus's spotlight twice? They didn't show Venus killing Beryl in the Silver Millennium with the sword either, right? Can't remember cuz the bi/tri weekly release is messing with my memory. Also all Sailor Moon does is stab Beryl's necklace, wtf. Venus stabbed her through the body and that's how it should be. Stabbing the necklace and having Beryl turn into ashes is dumb.

The way the Shitennou died was anti-climactic. Also due to a comment on crunchyroll that moment was ruined for me, because the person said that it sounded like Kunzite said "penis" right before he died. rofl

Man, Crystal is starting to disappoint me. I'm a hardcore Sailor Moon fan and I'm really not that hard to please for anything Sailor Moon related but ugh! If you're going to change shit then at least make it good. Biweekly release is also ruining the momentum hard.

P.S. where did Artemis show up out of nowhere? Last episode he was nowhere to be seen in the HQ but in the beginning of this episode he magically appears.

Stark700 said:
Sailor scouts

wut
SaveTheAralSeaDec 20, 2014 10:48 PM
Dec 20, 2014 11:07 PM

Nov 2012
>let the shittenou live for the shipperfags
>kill them off anyways
lmao okay
Dec 21, 2014 1:06 AM

Oct 2011
RIP Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask

Who's gonna be the new main character? Sailor Venus?
Dec 21, 2014 2:41 AM

Jun 2014
Well since I hated the original Sailor Moon, I don't know what everyone is complaining about.

I like Crystal and if it wasn't for me liking this remake so much I would still be hating on Sailor Moon!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 21, 2014 8:08 AM

Dec 2014
This episode started off so differently from the manga that I was afraid the ending was would altered. Nah, the ending is the same. Now I see what people mean when they say this anime isn't faithful to the source material :(
Dec 21, 2014 2:54 PM

Aug 2014
That moment when the Shittenou finally remember who they are and their feelings for the senshi ... the way Kunzite said Venus' name ever so lovingly (or said in a tone that was familiar of her) and Metaria just... YOU DON'T DO THIS MAN. Then that ending! LIKE WHAT. I'm done. I'm a wreck. I'm a sad, miserable, slowly dying wreck. //ugly sobbing
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Dec 21, 2014 6:01 PM

Feb 2011
This episode made me undrop it, just barely.

Dec 22, 2014 12:33 AM

Jul 2008
pillsbury15 said:
Wait one damn second... they kept the Shitten... The Four Jewel Guys (forgot the groups names) Alive and halted on following the source for that horrible scene.

Right on the money!!! What was the point of keeping them around just to kill them like that?! Better off following the manga exactly rather than this.
Dec 22, 2014 5:05 AM

Apr 2010
zanpakutoflames said:
kagura-pb said:

Leaving them alive would be too much of a change of the source material on a fundamental level, I guess? They probably wouldn't know what to do with them in the future arcs or how to fit them into the story.

Hmmm.... I suppose so, we'll just have to wait and see.

Come to think of it, having Sailor Moon destroy Beryl might be so the 4 senshis meet the Shitennou. If things had followed the original manga sequence, it'd have to be a 3 vs 4 battle?

If I remember correctly, didn't they get picked off one by one by the scouts instead of Metelia in the manga? Only in their fleeting moments they remember who they were? If so, this series is diverging from the manga somwhat.

But, yeah that was punk move to kill them off like that. Happy freaking new years Toei!
Dec 22, 2014 11:59 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm, the main reason I'm watching this and not the original series is because I wanted to see the story of the manga. And now I hear that this is going anime original, if only a little with some details, but where's the point of it then?
It wouldn't be a problem if the show would be otherwise outstanding, but it actually isn't. I guess I keep watching it because it doesn't take much time away with it's release schedule but they should start making use of the potential!
Dec 22, 2014 5:06 PM

Nov 2008
Geeze....Crystal....what are you doing!?

You're taking yourself way too seriously. Fix it.

I wanted to see the story of the manga.

The manga's so much more enjoyable, I can't even.

HOW did Toei f*ck this up AGAIN? (Not that 90s Moon is bad.....but I can see how all the fillers turn others off)

And they're all just obsessively protective of Usagi, even though Usagi has been a bratty jerk through the whole story.

Manga Usagi >>>>> 90s Usagi>>>>>>>Crystal Usagi
Usagi's actually my favorite and I've honestly gotten annoyed with this version of her.
WTF
That's bad.
I mean, that's really bad.......
ChiibiDec 22, 2014 5:20 PM

Dec 22, 2014 7:48 PM

Dec 2012
Repeating the same mistakes... shit cliffhanger.
Dec 23, 2014 6:52 AM

Oct 2008
Soooo Beryl was easily defeated, Usagi runs after her precious Mamo-chan AGAIN, the inner Senshis are weak af, the Jewel-dudes regain their memories just by saying "remembuh whu u ur" but get zapped anyways and Usagi can do anything just by following her kokoro

The writing is all over the place, the characters aren't getting proper developement and the intro message that girls don't need protection od men to be strong is getting trashed each and every episode

I must be a masochist to keep watching this.
Dec 23, 2014 2:00 PM

Apr 2010
Suicide one more time? Really? :D
Dec 24, 2014 3:20 AM

May 2010
An episode? It was more like a play. A bad-paced one.

Nice cliffhanger but the development to it was off.
Dec 24, 2014 6:50 AM

Feb 2010
Wait, if a piece of the Legendary Crystal was inside Endymion/Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask, then how did Beryl and her men not find that when he was taken (Not that I wanted them to find it, but this just bothers me)? Was it inside him after being taken...? I'm kind of lost here...

To be honest, I didn't expect Beryl to be killed off like that. Although, I don't understand why she covered her eyes right before she died. It wasn't like Usagi stabbed her eyes or something.

I really hate to admit it, but I think this is my least favorite episode so far...that's really sad.
Dec 25, 2014 10:32 PM

Oct 2011
Cannot belive after they regained their memories they got killed T_T

Sailor Moon killing herself OMG.

AL19 said:
Wait, if a piece of the Legendary Crystal was inside Endymion/Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask, then how did Beryl and her men not find that when he was taken (Not that I wanted them to find it, but this just bothers me)? Was it inside him after being taken...? I'm kind of lost here...

To be honest, I didn't expect Beryl to be killed off like that. Although, I don't understand why she covered her eyes right before she died. It wasn't like Usagi stabbed her eyes or something.

I really hate to admit it, but I think this is my least favorite episode so far...that's really sad.

When Mamoru died. Sailor Moon gave aportion of the Legendary Silver Crystal to him. Queen Beryl then took him away. She tried to examine him but could not find it. Resurrects him and turn him evil.

Hmm I guessing she didn't want Prince Endomiyon/Mamoru to see how ugly she was before she died.
AnimeFan500Dec 25, 2014 10:36 PM
Dec 26, 2014 10:47 AM

Feb 2010
AnimeFan500 said:
AL19 said:

When Mamoru died. Sailor Moon gave aportion of the Legendary Silver Crystal to him. Queen Beryl then took him away. She tried to examine him but could not find it. Resurrects him and turn him evil.

Hmm I guessing she didn't want Prince Endomiyon/Mamoru to see how ugly she was before she died.

I stand corrected. :P
Dec 27, 2014 5:23 AM

Sep 2007
So Sailor Moon has committed suicide... twice?

I prefer the anime version. The climax of the first season actually had emotional weight.
Dec 27, 2014 7:05 AM

Apr 2011
Why does she likes to commit suicide again? The heck!?
Dec 27, 2014 10:49 AM

Jan 2012
I'm srsly pissed off with this series already... They should have killed the shitennou before. Their death was so random. "Venus...?" "*sudden death*" WHAT IS THE POINT??? ...I laughed so much in this scene because I couldn't take it srsly.

Also... Usagi: what a whiny brat. She ran straight to her death like a d_ck chaser even tho it was clear that her Mamo-chan wasn't really her Mamo-chan. And she killed herself again? Geez.
Dec 27, 2014 1:20 PM
Jun 2011
SaddyK said:
I'm srsly pissed off with this series already... They should have killed the shitennou before. Their death was so random. "Venus...?" "*sudden death*" WHAT IS THE POINT??? ...I laughed so much in this scene because I couldn't take it srsly.

Also... Usagi: what a whiny brat. She ran straight to her death like a d_ck chaser even tho it was clear that her Mamo-chan wasn't really her Mamo-chan. And she killed herself again? Geez.
she commited suicide in the manga as well just like this in the anime
Dec 28, 2014 3:01 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode, but it was a mixed bag.

What the hell it feels like their rushing this series towards the end of the arc. You just got Mamoru back on earth and already Queen Beryl perish and your already at the final boss arc Queen Metalia!?!

While it was interesting they revealed that Beryl is in love with Endymion and she was always looking after him, but man she already perished like that!?! I read here that Venus was the one who did it according to the manga. Even the scene implied she was about to kill her, then Usagi took the spotlight.

I have the manga, but haven't read it yet.

I feel as though their giving Usagi too much spotlight on this. Where's the team work?!?! Come on Usagi is not the only main character here despite the name of the franchise Sailor Moon.

Wtf with the Senshi Knights. So you telling me they got their memories back, only to be killed minutes later!?! WHAT O__O

Come on now, that's just cruel and stupid. I actually thought they showed their bodies decomposing that's why the girls were screaming and all.

And wow Usagi kills Mamo and herself again!?! So Venus will now be the MC again? :P

So this arc will end in 13 episodes!?!?! I mean JoJo's Bizarre Adventure they were able to fit Part 1 and Part 2 perfectly, but this has too much material to cover. It's disappointing to see this kind of treatment :(

Fucking Toei. They should just stick to the Manga source material instead of retconing and making stuff up. I wonder why is Naoko sensei allowing these kind of changes and treatment O__O

Oh well, at least we'll be getting to Chibiusa and the next arc for sure. I just hope they plan on covering the series till the end since you already started.

I also read they have multiple directors PER episode. WTF just stick to one so we can have one coherent vision instead of jumping from different directors to the next.

*Sigh i wish the Pecure team handling this show. Yes Precure or Fresh Precure treatment would have been better.

Can't wait for the last arc episode.
Dec 28, 2014 7:21 PM

Feb 2013
Caught up. and I Gotta say, It was a Cringefest.........BUT I LOVED IT
Jan 1, 2015 5:47 PM

Jul 2014
overall:
original earthling Beryl = (will be a cool and the) CUTEST COSPLAY EVER

i'm also disappointed with the 0% character development of the inner senshi team.
i was so happy to see the fragments of their past life, relationships, romance, whatever... then whoa, they stuck at "omg, Usagi-chan, protect her while they should be busy in searching within the mid of their memories etc. ummm, okey. :(
quaoar50kJan 1, 2015 5:52 PM
Jan 4, 2015 1:01 AM

Nov 2011
I don't understand why USAGI killed Beryl, not Minako.
Bad episode, it seems like senshi are nothing, just a useless part of anime :
Jan 4, 2015 10:11 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Lol I don't even know where to begin with this episode. Oh boy it was horrendous.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 21, 2015 11:30 AM

Jan 2012
I'm really really REALLY disappointed with this series. It like full on bad shojo right now. I'm having so much fun watching it... if only to laugh out loud at how bad everything is. Wow, did those knight guys (I couldn't spell any of their names if I wanted to) just get blasted to death by a lightning bolt from the mangaka saying I don't want to have to deal with these subplots. I was laughing so hard went that happened. If it were a decent anime, I would probably be balling my eyes out. And whats with the graphics? Technically, its an improvement over the original. However, compared to a shit ton of anime coming out right now it looks like crap. They can't distract me with a couple of special effects. .... Its just not working for me. And its not that I hate shojo, though admititly I don't lean toward that genera at all. It just that this one is really bad. Maybe they should have played up the classic shojo vibe more like they do in the new series that have the classic shonen thing going on. If it were more over the top it would probably be better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2015 3:00 PM

Feb 2014
How convenient that most of their problems can be solved by pouring their hearts into their words...

I liked this episode better than the previous ones. Lots of drama and action!

Really, a Romeo and Julliet ending? Come one, why would Usagi kill herself as well? Usagi-baka
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2015 12:22 AM

Jan 2011
Iri said:
You know, I've been trying to cut this show some slack, despite its shortcomings. But then you end up with this:

I know the name of the show is 'Sailor Moon' and all, but taking Venus's key moment away is sort of symptomatic of this series's insistence of marginalizing everyone else except Usagi and Mamoru, which in my opinion is part of the reason why it's performing relatively poorly.

Oh, and Shitennou redemption with happy ending? Thanks for ruining Christmas, Toei.

Thanks for sharing that! I had no idea Venus was meant to kill Beryl because I have yet to read the original manga. I agree with the marginalizing of characters point, though. I think that was the sweet part about the original series..although there were lots of filler episodes, those episodes allowed you to get to know the other senshi. In this series, it's as though the other senshi barely have personalities and everyone is focused on Usagi and Mamoru.

The other senshi barely have time to even mourn over their lovers..they cry for like 10 seconds and shift back to focusing on Usagi. That part kinda bothered me because these girls loved those Knights..but that storyline is barely touched upon due to everyone worrying about Sailor Moon.

And Usagi stabbing herself in the end? WHY
Aug 18, 2015 4:15 PM
Dec 2009
This episode felt almost like the final episode... haha. So much stuff moving so quickly.

I actually feel bad for Beryl, I think many of us know how it feels to like someone who is "so close, but so far".

Also I find it weird that they are changing things from the manga. I thought this adaption was supposed to be MORE true to the manga...?
Sep 28, 2015 6:40 PM
Apr 2015
Sorry, but no. I don't think Sailor Moon was indirectly helping Venus at all. Venus pretty much had no problem with killing Beryl there. I think it was more of Endymion reacting to Usagi's voice, while Venus killed Beryl by herself at the same time, then Endymion looks at Beryl as she dies, that's who he looks at, and Beryl recalls how she watched him from afar, maybe Endymion saw that too in a way.

Yes, Sailor Moon did steal Venus' moment in Crystal, because Toei just neutered and watered down Venus to give Sailor Moon the spotlight.

Sorry, but what you're saying just sounds like an excuse or a way to defend Crystal.
Oct 10, 2015 12:37 PM

Jul 2011
Seiya-Meteorite said:
Sorry, but no. I don't think Sailor Moon was indirectly helping Venus at all. Venus pretty much had no problem with killing Beryl there. I think it was more of Endymion reacting to Usagi's voice, while Venus killed Beryl by herself at the same time, then Endymion looks at Beryl as she dies, that's who he looks at, and Beryl recalls how she watched him from afar, maybe Endymion saw that too in a way.

Yes, Sailor Moon did steal Venus' moment in Crystal, because Toei just neutered and watered down Venus to give Sailor Moon the spotlight.

Sorry, but what you're saying just sounds like an excuse or a way to defend Crystal.

Totally agree. This moment was a major disappointment for me. This moment should demonstrate that Venus has inner strength and leadership qualities in her if done right. But poor character development (aside Usagi and Mamoru) is one of the worst problems of the SMC.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.