Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 20, 2014 9:22 PM

Jun 2014
Seriously. Everything about this anime is just, horrible. Well, except the amazing and lovely Onihime.

Opinions?
Aug 20, 2014 9:29 PM

Sep 2012
Have you seen pupa?
Aug 20, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2014
Inferno_Cop said:
Have you seen pupa?

Yes, I should of said "full length" anime.
Aug 20, 2014 9:42 PM

Nov 2010
Not close. This is even above average for now. Sekai Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai, Dansai Bunrai Crime Edge, Jormungand: Perfect Order, Date A Live II, Little Busters!, Kotoura-san, Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, Arata Kangatari, and Vividred Operation are all anime from the last few years that I've rated below a 5. This isn't even counting my 5s which currently Momo kyun is above.
Aug 20, 2014 9:44 PM

Jun 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Not close. This is even above average for now. Sekai Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai, Dansai Bunrai Crime Edge, Jormungand: Perfect Order, Date A Live II, Little Busters!, Kotoura-san, Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate, Arata Kangatari, and Vividred Operation are all anime from the last few years that I've rated below a 5. This isn't even counting my 5s which currently Momo kyun is above.

I understand its all opinion, but you think Little Busters is worse than this?
Aug 20, 2014 9:47 PM

Nov 2010
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
IntroverTurtle said:

I understand its all opinion, but you think Little Busters is worse than this?
No I put it in the list of anime I think is worse than this not because I thought it was worse than this.
Aug 21, 2014 11:56 PM

Jul 2013
There are so many worse than this. Mahouka, SAO 2, Blaz Blue (I think objectively the worse anime I've ever watched), Akuma no Riddle, Coppelion, Walkure Romanze, Dragonar Academy, Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara, the first 7 episodes of Love Live s2, Hamatora, and so.. so many more.

As far as ecchi shows go this is very standard. Not worse or better than any other average ecchi and at least it does have cool transformation scenes and likeable characters like Onihime and that masochist Celestial Maiden as opposed to those with no redeemable characters and purely exist for ecchi like Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!
Aug 21, 2014 11:58 PM

Jun 2014
MoeGod said:
There are so many worse than this. Mahouka, SAO 2, Blaz Blue (I think objectively the worse anime I've ever watched), Akuma no Riddle, Coppelion, Walkure Romanze, Dragonar Academy, Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara, the first 7 episodes of Love Live s2, Hamatora, and so.. so many more.

As far as ecchi shows go this is very standard. Not worse or better than any other average ecchi and at least it does have cool transformation scenes and likeable characters like Onihime and that masochist Celestial Maiden as opposed to those with no redeemable characters and purely exist for ecchi like Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!

SAO 2 isn't 12 episodes.

Nor is Mahouka..
Aug 22, 2014 12:23 AM

Jul 2013
Oh right, I missed the 12 episodes part. Anyway I think this is about on par with Blade and Souls from last season (the 13th ep was an OVA so let's just treat it as 12 eps) so definitely not the worst 12 eps anime ever. I rated B&S 5 and most likely will go with that score for this anime too. Another plus side is the VAs are all famous or well-known and the budget is clearly far superior than Blade & Soul so the animation is way better too (no derp faces or unproportionate bodies which are plenty in B&S or Wizard Barrister for example)
Aug 22, 2014 4:22 AM

Dec 2013
why people answer this question in elitist mode ?
Aug 22, 2014 8:55 AM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:

you forgot about IS2, Imocho, Setokai2, Meganebu, diabolic lovers, la corda doro blue sky, kamigami no asobi, blaz blue and many more Jormungand is pretty good though
Cheers,
CrossRyuu
Aug 22, 2014 9:01 AM

Nov 2010
CrossRyuu said:
IntroverTurtle said:

you forgot about IS2, Imocho, Setokai2, Meganebu, diabolic lovers, la corda doro blue sky, kamigami no asobi, blaz blue and many more Jormungand is pretty good though
You're right about IS2 but Seitokai 2 and Meganebu weren't bad and I haven't seen the rest. And the first season of Jormungand was good, the second was shit, especially the ending.
Aug 22, 2014 2:44 PM

Jun 2014
CrossRyuu said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Seitokai 2 is levels above this IMO.
Aug 24, 2014 7:56 AM

Apr 2010
Mahou Sensou is hands down the worst anime I've seen, 12 eps or not(and it is 12 eps). I didn't watch it all cause I almost killed myself during the last episode I did watch. Black Bullet is pretty horrid too. I'm not watching Momo Kyun though since it looks fucking horrible lol. I watched some of the first episode and said a big loud NOPE.
Aug 24, 2014 8:07 AM

Nov 2009
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Seriously. Everything about this anime is just, horrible. Well, except the amazing and lovely Onihime.

Opinions?

Pretty much.

Oniihime is the only saving grace but I've put it on hold for now.
Aug 24, 2014 11:33 PM

May 2012
I'm not sure why this is rated so low. Are the other ecchi anime better than this ?

For me this anime is entertaining and it does have some hot looking females (my favorite is Onihime). I never got bored when I watch it.

CrossRyuu said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Thats just your opinion. Many of those you listed are good specially IS2 and Imocho as both have a lot of funny moments.

And your favorite anime are all boring if you ask me
Aug 27, 2014 2:16 PM

Jun 2008
You forgot about [insert other title(s) I hate here].

Ecchi anime such as this have about a 98% chance of being rated poorly by fans just for being ecchi. I'm not saying it's good (it's really not), but it is pretty standard fare.
Sep 1, 2014 10:26 PM

Apr 2009
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Opinions?
If you think that's bad, try Seikon no Qwasar. Or the Queen's Blade series and other shows relating to it.
Sep 1, 2014 10:30 PM
Apr 2013
starwarriorrobby said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Opinions?
If you think that's bad, try Seikon no Qwasar. Or the Queen's Blade series and other shows relating to it.
Seikon no Qwaser was entertaining at least but the season 2 was just plainly disappointing.
Sep 2, 2014 3:17 PM

Mar 2012
Reading this topic must give brain cancer to most of the people... Mahouka worse than this? Are you serious? *facepalm*

It's all about the taste, there are people who gave 10 to Momo Kyun Sword, as well as for Sekai Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai, which is probably the worst "full length" I've seen this last two years.

Redfoxoffire said:
Ecchi anime such as this have about a 98% chance of being rated poorly by fans just for being ecchi. I'm not saying it's good (it's really not), but it is pretty standard fare.

That has to do with people's tastes, like I said above. Must of the people are looking for good stories when others are just looking for shitty stories full of fanservice. It's just a matter of tastes, if you don't like it why do you watch it? You have a bunch of other anime to watch every season, you don't have to watch what you don't like, you do it because you want (I dropped Momo Kyun Sword and I still keep watching it *facepalm*).
Sep 2, 2014 3:33 PM

Jun 2008
b1GZZ said:
Redfoxoffire said:

That has to do with people's tastes, like I said above. Must of the people are looking for good stories when others are just looking for shitty stories full of fanservice. It's just a matter of tastes, if you don't like it why do you watch it? You have a bunch of other anime to watch every season, you don't have to watch what you don't like, you do it because you want (I dropped Momo Kyun Sword and I still keep watching it *facepalm*).

I can't tell if this is meant as a direct response to me or just in general. It doesn't really look like the former.

What I meant to say is that there is a stigma among anime fans that ecchi = trash, therefore it must get a low rating. Often times this is the case, but there are exceptions.
Sep 2, 2014 3:37 PM

Jul 2014
Blade and soul was much worse lol. This one has much less annoying characters and "Y did u do that?" scenes.

I still don't understand Mahouka's hate. It is pretty decent for me.

Ah, that is another one I couldn't stand, dropped it after 2 episodes. May be worse than Blade and Sword.
Sep 2, 2014 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
Who could say this is better than Vividered Operation or Little Busters with a straight face?
Sep 7, 2014 5:12 AM

May 2012
SolviteSekai said:
Who could say this is better than Vividered Operation or Little Busters with a straight face?

I only watched two episodes of Little Busters before I dropped it. And yes I would say with a straight face that Momo Kyun Sword is much more entertaining compared to what I saw from little buster

As for Vividered Operation, it is better than Momo but that doesn't mean that momo is bad.

I'm not saying momo is great or masterpiece or anything, but it certainly deserve more than 5.45

starwarriorrobby said:
Kagami_Hiiragi said:

Opinions?

Why do you think that these are bad ? Do you hate to watch boobs and some funny moments ?

Seikon no Qwasar did have decent story and action when compared to other echii show. On top of that Sasha was likeable and unique character.
thepathSep 7, 2014 5:19 AM
Sep 8, 2014 1:32 AM

Nov 2012
thepath said:
I'm not sure why this is rated so low. Are the other ecchi anime better than this ?

For me this anime is entertaining and it does have some hot looking females (my favorite is Onihime). I never got bored when I watch it.

CrossRyuu said:

Thats just your opinion. Many of those you listed are good specially IS2 and Imocho as both have a lot of funny moments.

And your favorite anime are all boring if you ask me

and ur saying fav are good are u serious
i like psycho and gore action stories sorry if its all boring
seitokai2 just a repetition of jokes the first one is good though and IS2 has horrible animation not even a hardcore mecha fight and the story is cliched and very predictable it will always end with ichika gaining a new power then defeating the enemy and that fan service and the MC just annoys me
Cheers,
CrossRyuu
Sep 9, 2014 11:42 AM

Jun 2012
Lots of ecchi or poorly done (quite a few imo) slice of life shows.

BlazBlue's up there, though.
Tutturu ~
Sep 9, 2014 12:43 PM

Mar 2012
Redfoxoffire said:
I can't tell if this is meant as a direct response to me or just in general. It doesn't really look like the former.

What I meant to say is that there is a stigma among anime fans that ecchi = trash, therefore it must get a low rating. Often times this is the case, but there are exceptions.

I was talking in general.
I agree with you about the ecchi stigma. I'm not that much of an ecchi fan but that's not a reason for me to rate them low, unless everything else in that anime is crappy. And there are pretty good ecchi anime out there in my opinion. As you said, people associate ecchi/fanservice with being bad which is a stupid thought, despite being ecchi or having fanservice there are some worth watching, actually that's one of the reasons why I used to have a rule to not drop anime but I realized that I was also being stupid for that and then I started dropping the ones that the story didn't please me, like I did with Momo Kyun Sword (that I still keep watching even after dropping ._.).

As I said, it's pointless to have everyone here say what anime was worse in the past two years, we are gonna see people that will say like "SAO", "SNK" or others that most of the people love, everyone will say something different according to their taste. I'm amazed that this discussion topic didn't turn to a fighting-over-tastes topic yet.
b1GZZSep 14, 2014 8:23 AM
Sep 9, 2014 2:44 PM

Oct 2012
There are WAY worse anime than this.
Sep 9, 2014 4:31 PM

Jun 2014
b1GZZ said:
Reading this topic must give brain cancer to most of the people... Mahouka worse than this? Are you serious? *facepalm*

It's all about the taste, there are people who gave 10 to Momo Kyun Sword, as well as for Sekai Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai, which is probably the worst "full length" I've seen this last two years.

Redfoxoffire said:

Because we can.
Sep 10, 2014 2:41 AM

Jul 2008
This should be deleted or locked. Doesnt make any sense that threads like this or similar to this are made just to serve for the purpose of rants or bashing.

Just drop it and move on, no need to make a thread just to tell the whole world how much u hate the show and other shows this thread is directed to :/
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Sep 11, 2014 12:05 AM

Jun 2014
Takala said:
This should be deleted or locked. Doesnt make any sense that threads like this or similar to this are made just to serve for the purpose of rants or bashing.

Just drop it and move on, no need to make a thread just to tell the whole world how much u hate the show and other shows this thread is directed to :/

I could never drop an anime. Ever.

Lol, if you really wanted to get this thread locked you could of messsaged the moderators instead. Makes more sense that way.
Sep 13, 2014 7:00 AM

Jun 2011
Just dropping by to say that both Meganebu! and Fuuun Ishin Daishogun are not worse than this one. For me Pupa is one of the worst, along with Sekai Ichiban whatever shit, and a few more I couldn't be bothered to remember the titles.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 19, 2014 2:43 PM
Feb 2012
A lot of the "worst" series mentioned before, have some redeeming quality to make themselves at least entertaining.

Momo Kyun fails to entertain at all (and yes, Onihime is the only lonely spark on the show) but there's plenty of 2-4 minute shows that are far worse than this.
Not the worst in the last 2 years im sure.
Sep 23, 2014 12:16 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
wtf are yall looking for in anime, that you're chastising it so much?

just fucking fa...... I MEAN, enjoy it, it was sexy as shit xD

i loved it, idc that the story was ass, i don't think thats the point with most anime
Sep 23, 2014 1:20 PM

Feb 2008
SolviteSekai said:

I can really fucking easily
Sep 23, 2014 1:32 PM

Mar 2013
Is it bad? Yes. Is it the worst? No. I'd say this season's Tokyo ESP, Dramatical Murder and Argevollen are worse. This show is stupid, but it have entertaining moments, compared to them.
And I'm not even going with the past seasons (I just say that there was this abomination called Daishogun).
Although I guess from the shows I watched without dropping it (all examples that I mentioned above were dropped sooner or later) it's definetely one of the worst.
AntonKutovoiSep 23, 2014 1:52 PM
Sep 24, 2014 7:22 PM

Mar 2009
Nah. There's been worse. This season's Rail Wars was worse, for one.
Sep 24, 2014 7:30 PM

Jan 2013
ReikiShutuagi said:
Lots of ecchi or poorly done (quite a few imo) slice of life shows.

BlazBlue's up there, though.

>This is an ecchi show.

thepath said:
SolviteSekai said:

I only watched two episodes of Little Busters before I dropped it. And yes I would say with a straight face that Momo Kyun Sword is much more entertaining compared to what I saw from little buster

As for Vividered Operation, it is better than Momo but that doesn't mean that momo is bad.

I'm not saying momo is great or masterpiece or anything, but it certainly deserve more than 5.45

starwarriorrobby said:

Why do you think that these are bad ? Do you hate to watch boobs and some funny moments ?

Seikon no Qwasar did have decent story and action when compared to other echii show. On top of that Sasha was likeable and unique character.

>Watched 2 episodes of little busters.
> Comments on how good little busters is as a series.
Sep 24, 2014 9:13 PM
Mar 2014
Glasslip tops it by far as worst anime of the season, let alone recent memory. Gaworare is another good example. At least Momo Kyun Sword can at least be categorized as "watchable" for those who don't mind weathering the barrage of ecchi content. The mileage definitely varies from person to person, but I'm among the ones who did appreciate the entertaining moments of this anime.

I think the main thing is that MKS had nowhere to go but up. It never reached the ladder to get out of the pit of shit, but it at least managed to get itself up on one knee. It's competitors managed to attempt a climb, but fell (or jumped, lol), broke their legs, and drowned in the shit. Hell, the staff made it abundantly clear from episode one that they weren't even going to try reaching for the ladder.
Renge is love, Renge is life.
Sep 24, 2014 9:14 PM

Jan 2013
awkwardsilences said:
Glasslip tops it by far as worst anime of the season, let alone recent memory. Gaworare is another good example. At least Momo Kyun Sword can at least be categorized as "watchable" for those who don't mind weathering the barrage of ecchi content. The mileage definitely varies from person to person, but I'm among the ones who did appreciate the entertaining moments of this anime.

I think the main thing is that MKS had nowhere to go but up. It never reached the ladder to get out of the pit of shit, but it at least managed to get itself up on one knee. It's competitors managed to attempt a climb, but fell (or jumped, lol), broke their legs, and drowned in the shit. Hell, the staff made it abundantly clear from episode one that they weren't even going to try reaching for the ladder.

implying that ecchi is a bad thing
Sep 24, 2014 10:21 PM
Mar 2014
SolviteSekai said:
awkwardsilences said:

implying that ecchi is a bad thing

I was trying to take any elitists into consideration :p I do agree that ecchi doesn't have to be a bad thing, "weathering" wasn't really the proper word. "Accept" is probably more fitting and fair. Just wanted to make it clear that while I don't necessarily think it's a good anime, there's a receptive audience for it, and I'm among that audience.
Renge is love, Renge is life.
Sep 25, 2014 4:36 AM

May 2013
Mahou Sensou was worse. Glasslip is said to be atrocious as well, though I haven't seen that one myself.

Sep 25, 2014 1:34 PM

Feb 2008
The worst show to come out in the last two years is aku no hana. It's pretentious, ugly and made of boring with terrible characters to boot. But that's just my opinion
Oct 7, 2014 8:34 PM

Feb 2014
Not that ratings on MAL should be taken seriously at all, but it's currently rated a tiny bit better than Glasslip (Which I find kinda funny, even though it is only a few hundredths of a point difference, but I digress...). So according to average ratings on MAL, Momo Kyun Sword isn't the worst. But I definitely agree that this was not a good anime. It didn't try to be good at all; the plot was basically nonexistent for half of the show and a lot of the characters were useless or underdeveloped. I don't really care for fanservice, but I can't bash this show because it's a dedicated ecchi. The best thing about MKS was the OST.
Noodle070Oct 7, 2014 8:40 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Momo Kyun Sword Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2014

27 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Momo Kyun Sword Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2014

22 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Momo Kyun Sword Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2014

26 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:43 PM

Poll: » Momo Kyun Sword Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

26 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:39 PM

Poll: » Momo Kyun Sword Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2014

18 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.