Forum Settings
Forums

Japanese Government to Start Anti-Anime/Manga Piracy Operation Next Month [Update 7/30]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 »
Sep 1, 2014 9:22 PM

Jul 2008
It's either those who wants to substantiate their conspiracy, or those who wants to "punish the evil gaijin", or both. lol
Sep 1, 2014 11:32 PM

Dec 2013
nyaa.se down.....
Sep 1, 2014 11:47 PM

Oct 2009
xbobx said:
The DDoS are most likely M.A.G. doing, while MAL was the classic SJJMaster and CR I have no idea.
No, it's more likely that someone is DDoSing to try to start a conspiracy about MAG than MAG being the ones doing it.
GogettersSep 1, 2014 11:53 PM
Sep 1, 2014 11:50 PM

Oct 2013
GodX said:
nyaa.se down.....
Yea I find commie getting Ddosd as well, we're fucked boys.
Sep 2, 2014 2:40 AM

Feb 2008
animetake and horriblesubs are down too

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Sep 2, 2014 3:22 AM
Jun 2013
WHAT!!!
Nyaa is down again...
This is the last straw i'm gonna go to Japan to throw rotten tomatoes at their government!!! >:(
You must always remember that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing...~Alucard
Sep 2, 2014 3:25 AM

Jun 2013
I'm sure a lot of hackers would find it terrible calling these DDoS attacks "hacks". You basically download the setup and hit run.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2014 3:29 AM

Nov 2009
. . . If it was possible to stop piracy then Hollywood would have already succeeded . . . The fact that I can still torrent a HD version of movies currently in theaters seems to not lend itself well to the ideal that it is possible to truly stop piracy of anime . . . Just saying.
Sep 2, 2014 3:40 AM
Jun 2013
This is like another sopa,pipa,acta,cispa or whatever act to stop piracy and... it will fail.

As for DDoS attacks c'mon everyone can use HOIC or LOIC i have try its not that hard.
You must always remember that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing...~Alucard
Sep 2, 2014 6:03 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
ergghhh, what a pain in the arse, basically we just have to wait for the storm to pass. Don't want to prematurely give an estimate on how long this might last but once they've had their fun with their idea of "anti piracy" things will probably return to normal soon enough. And as an alternative I never liked using xdcc bots, slow as hell on top of my already atrocious internet speed.
Sep 2, 2014 6:32 AM

Aug 2011
I can't believe people relate this stupid (and useless( operation with DDoS attacks not even related to sites that would fall in the category.

Would you PLEASE use common sense?

» Escapism.

Sep 2, 2014 8:59 AM

Aug 2014
Nyaa.se is hosted By swedish adress. Same as piratebay. We swedes love pirating... :P
Sep 2, 2014 9:00 AM

Oct 2008
well...There goes my daily dose of anime torrent downloading from nyaa and TT.

it's a little bit complicated using the alternative "IRC" xdcc's

i'll stick to that for now.

Sep 2, 2014 9:12 AM

Aug 2014
Not Promoting piriting but you can use kickass torrent.
Sep 2, 2014 12:51 PM
Jun 2013
Sweanime said:
Nyaa.se is hosted By swedish adress. Same as piratebay. We swedes love pirating... :P

Verily thank you Sweden...m (_ _) m XD
Sep 2, 2014 2:46 PM

Apr 2008
Animetake is under attack too.
Nyaa
Horriblesubs
Who else?

I hope for the sake of the MAG project guys that it's not them who is behind them, not paying the hackers who are doing it.
DoS attacks are a crime, and if caught the hackers will get 10 years in jail.
No matter which site they're attacking.
Though the jap govt and the copyright holders can't possibly be as stupid as to not know that DoS attacks are illegal.

Sep 2, 2014 3:59 PM

Jun 2010
HS and Commie are both hosted with Nyaa, so obvious if Nyaa went down, they would go as well.
TT is coming up and down constantly, but I did not know about animetake.

Des said:

Though the jap govt and the copyright holders can't possibly be as stupid as to not know that DoS attacks are illegal.

Anyone who have the knowledge to do such a thing, also have fully comprehension of the consequences it can cause. Even so, attacking a foreigner domain isn't like bombing stuff. There are plenty of ways to get away with it and it's not like they would ping from their own servers. You can just pay someone to pay someone to pay someone in freaking CHINA to send your packages and you're cool. Besides, I don't really believe MPAA or NSA/FBI or Swedish and Netherland's inteligence will say anything about it, neither that Nyaa will report them. Think about it, it's a somewhat-illegal action to take down an somewhat-illegal file sharing website.

Gogetters said:
xbobx said:
The DDoS are most likely M.A.G. doing, while MAL was the classic SJJMaster and CR I have no idea.
No, it's more likely that someone is DDoSing to try to start a conspiracy about MAG than MAG being the ones doing it.

Uhm, so what do you imply?
As far as I can put my brain into it, it's probably MAG or any other "save animu&mango" group backed by some kind of government agency and/or strong company.
It's rather easy to DDoS something, but not so many sites and for such a long period of time. It takes a lot of CPU, connection, bandwidth and money.
Sep 2, 2014 4:10 PM
Sep 2, 2014 7:33 PM

Sep 2007
it's probably MAG or any other "save animu&mango" group backed by some kind of government agency and/or strong company.

It's a strong American anti-piracy company based in Texas, contracted by nippon:
https://twitter.com/removepiracy/status/506937338187227137
http://www.removeyourmedia.com/contact-us/
Sep 2, 2014 7:50 PM

Jan 2009
Rise said:
it's probably MAG or any other "save animu&mango" group backed by some kind of government agency and/or strong company.

It's a strong American anti-piracy company based in Texas, contracted by nippon:

lol if that is true then they break the law
Sep 2, 2014 7:53 PM

Nov 2008
j0x said:
Rise said:

lol if that is true then they break the law

They broke international law, that firm could be fined millions if not billions.

Sep 2, 2014 7:54 PM

Mar 2014
Rise said:

Never heard of them but they seem like faggots.
Sep 2, 2014 7:55 PM
Nov 2008
mclovinballz said:
Rise said:

they respond to criticism on twitter like some baiting script kiddy and i'm just like 'eyyy lmao'

https://twitter.com/removepiracy/status/506965697574871040

they claim no responsibility for the ddos tho. likely just some company that thinks sending a million official-looking infringement notices means they're making americurr a better place. they can't do infringement claims (as opposed to notices) anyway because they don't own the content, which again makes me go 'eyyyyy LMAO'.
Sep 2, 2014 8:42 PM

Jun 2010
dity said:
mclovinballz said:
they respond to criticism on twitter like some baiting script kiddy and i'm just like 'eyyy lmao'

https://twitter.com/removepiracy/status/506965697574871040

they claim no responsibility for the ddos tho. likely just some company that thinks sending a million official-looking infringement notices means they're making americurr a better place. they can't do infringement claims (as opposed to notices) anyway because they don't own the content, which again makes me go 'eyyyyy LMAO'.

Bawahahahahahaha ow man, this is priceless.
T O P LAUGH
L
A
U
G
H

This is bait right? It gotta be bait.
I mean, even reddit can't be baited this hard.
If I had a torrent sharing domain and received spam like this, damn, I would probably laugh for hours.
It's like UN "verbally repudiating" what countries do.
Sep 2, 2014 11:51 PM

Dec 2007
Des said:
Nyaa
Horriblesubs
Who else?

It's basically every major torrent collection site. The Pirate Bay escaped largely because it's not a major one, though it could be quite soon if this keeps up.

However, most of the fansub group sites are still up, as are sites like anidb and MAL that can be used to identify which groups do which series, and direct you to their sites. For most series, this means, at most, waiting a few days for better subs to come out, and a few extra minutes (tops) getting the torrents.
Sep 3, 2014 2:37 AM

Jan 2012
millions of kids and people are starving and dying + killing each other all over the world and what's this?

OMFG these people are watching/reading cartoons without paying holy fucking shit we need to stop this ASAP!!! get the prime minister and obama on the line NOW!

ufukkinwotm8
Sep 3, 2014 4:36 AM

Nov 2011
ErwinJA said:
Des said:
Nyaa
Horriblesubs
Who else?

It's basically every major torrent collection site. The Pirate Bay escaped largely because it's not a major one, though it could be quite soon if this keeps up.

However, most of the fansub group sites are still up, as are sites like anidb and MAL that can be used to identify which groups do which series, and direct you to their sites. For most series, this means, at most, waiting a few days for better subs to come out, and a few extra minutes (tops) getting the torrents.

CR rips are still coming out, so nothing is actually affected.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 3, 2014 6:58 AM

Dec 2007
rederoin said:
ErwinJA said:

As I said earlier, IRC and (outside the US at least) DDL sites are nearly impossible to hit because there's simply too many of them. They're not stopping the creation of fansubs - they can't. Nor are they stopping their distribution - they can't do that either. What they can and are doing is making it more time consuming and inconvenient to download by taking down the essential one-stop sites.
Sep 3, 2014 7:02 AM

Nov 2011
ErwinJA said:
rederoin said:

As I said earlier, IRC and (outside the US at least) DDL sites are nearly impossible to hit because there's simply too many of them. They're not stopping the creation of fansubs - they can't. Nor are they stopping their distribution - they can't do that either. What they can and are doing is making it more time consuming and inconvenient to download by taking down the essential one-stop sites.

Other torrent sites are still up, so thats incorrect.

Sep 3, 2014 7:09 AM

Mar 2014
ErwinJA said:

The Pirate Bay
not a major one

pfft
only because they've already been taken down x-number of times for being the torrent site
Sep 3, 2014 8:25 AM

Feb 2012
This whole thing is stupid. For the first few days it was annoying, but most fansubbers have adapted. This is why any attempt at 'fighting' piracy always fails.
Sep 3, 2014 8:37 AM

Oct 2008
Yvese said:
This whole thing is stupid. For the first few days it was annoying, but most fansubbers have adapted. This is why any attempt at 'fighting' piracy always fails.

yea...it's self-sustaining.

Sep 3, 2014 9:14 AM
Jun 2013
flaxman85 said:
millions of kids and people are starving and dying + killing each other all over the world and what's this?

OMFG these people are watching/reading cartoons without paying holy fucking shit we need to stop this ASAP!!! get the prime minister and obama on the line NOW!

ufukkinwotm8

i swer on me mum ill bash ye all down m8
Sep 3, 2014 11:20 AM

Jan 2009
rederoin said:
ErwinJA said:

The other torrent sites offer less choice and therefore less convenient. I think he's right.
Sep 3, 2014 11:48 AM

Nov 2011
Okiura said:
rederoin said:

The other torrent sites offer less choice and therefore less convenient. I think he's right.

Also not true, obtaining anime has not gotten any slower, and you do not have less choice either. Only the music torrents are lacking, but thats not anime.

Sep 3, 2014 12:02 PM

Jan 2009

I see a different reality then in which TBP has less anime choice than Nyaa and where convenience is not a synonym of speed.
Sep 3, 2014 1:48 PM

Jun 2010
@2nd post in this mega-quote:
TPB = subjected to random user uploads and requiring the need for some kind of feed in order to spot it.
Nyaa = majority of fansubs dump domain for animu, OST, pr0n, scans, raws, etc.
Nyaa > TPB.
Yes, you can get your animu at the source (fansub pg) but mostly they link back to Nyaa, so unless you have the magnet, it's useless.

rederoin said:

Also not true, obtaining anime has not gotten any slower, and you do not have less choice either

IRC bots can get slow as fuck when flooded with requests, and it sucks to scavenger the series without a proper client. (not to mention the !find spam)
Sep 3, 2014 2:31 PM

Nov 2011
Fcuk them, they'll never win. Human scum. The only people I hate more are islamists.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Sep 3, 2014 3:23 PM

Jul 2013
what?! seriously?! ha!! this wont work though. but like seriously, anime and manga became popular because of the internet. so why take it off now.
Sep 3, 2014 6:03 PM

Aug 2007
The Japanese government is obviously not behind the DDOS attacks since that is illegal and would backfire when they are found out. It is probably just some moralfag trolls thinking they are doing the right thing by fucking with people in countries who cannot get legal anime/manga.
Sep 3, 2014 6:06 PM

Jun 2014
I don't think I've paid for any music, anime, or tv show since 2003. Gl Japan
Sep 4, 2014 3:37 PM

Jan 2009
Sep 4, 2014 6:47 PM

Aug 2007
j0x said:
interesting info on torrentfreak about this - http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-outfit-denies-ddosing-anime-sites-140904/

Crunchyroll or Funimation wouldn't be behind the attacks either since DDOS attacks are illegal. They wouldn't want to risk it.
Sep 4, 2014 7:00 PM

Feb 2014
Qans said:
I don't think I've paid for any music, anime, or tv show since 2003. Gl Japan

You're bad.

"Everything you see on the internet isn't true." -Abraham Lincoln
Sep 4, 2014 7:20 PM

Jun 2010
Drunk_Samurai said:
j0x said:
interesting info on torrentfreak about this - http://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-outfit-denies-ddosing-anime-sites-140904/

Crunchyroll or Funimation wouldn't be behind the attacks either since DDOS attacks are illegal. They wouldn't want to risk it.

>people believing HS twitter
>people actually thinking CR would bother with Nyaa
>people not getting the implied [pun intended]

It's almost like HS is news to us or something.
btw, Nyaa is back, everything is daijobu.
Sep 10, 2014 6:09 AM

Apr 2012
Drunk_Samurai said:
The Japanese government is obviously not behind the DDOS attacks since that is illegal and would backfire when they are found out. It is probably just some moralfag trolls thinking they are doing the right thing by fucking with people in countries who cannot get legal anime/manga.

Do you seriously think governments follow their own laws? If you view a live attack map (http://map.ipviking.com) for a while you'll notice attacks sent from "Mil/Gov". Nobody freaked out when it was leaked that practically everybody in the USA is being spied on by the NSA, so why would anybody freak out over DDoS'ing?
Sep 10, 2014 10:10 AM

Aug 2007
Oddyeus said:
Drunk_Samurai said:

Do you seriously think governments follow their own laws? If you view a live attack map (http://map.ipviking.com) for a while you'll notice attacks sent from "Mil/Gov". Nobody freaked out when it was leaked that practically everybody in the USA is being spied on by the NSA, so why would anybody freak out over DDoS'ing?

Milwaukee has a government?
Sep 12, 2014 12:36 AM

Dec 2013
It may not be much but I can count around 30 Manga volumes and 10 Anime DVD's (give or take one or two in both cases) in recent times that I've bought because of being introduced to the material online.

The same goes with books because of libraries, I even have books in my shelves that I have not yet taken the plastic off, just bought them because I read them once and I wanted to own the book.

Regardless of any arguments about legality the one thing they can be certain of is that stopping piracy will put a dent in their sales.
Sep 12, 2014 2:36 AM

Dec 2013
who is ddosing the nyaa.se
remove the media?
or someone?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (30) « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 »

More topics from this board

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
39 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by DarkDooM2 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.