Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2014 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, poor Honey...

I think the same thing can be said for a lot of the other Minimum Users like her friend Three as well. Experiments are a cruel thing in their world.
Jul 28, 2014 11:37 AM

Aug 2010
Loli Honey is ADORABLE <3<3

And her reaction to watching the video of herself was lol
Jul 28, 2014 11:41 AM
Jan 2014
Art's regeneration Minimum is sure has a painful drawback.

It seems that they have changed the first few seconds of the OP animation sequence.
So, this episode was based around Honey's backstory and how she met Three.
Her father is a disgrace for using her as a tool. Looks like he thinks that about all Minimum users...

Three in the other hand is awesome. His inner beast Minimum is even cooler. The strain that was put on his body, when he tried to save Honey and her father, was huge.

In the meantime, Art gets to show off his new earth bending Minimum to Nice and Murasaki.
Jul 28, 2014 12:07 PM

Jun 2013
Looks like Honey is still having problems with her minimum ability. It was nice to see more back story as well, her dad wanted to user her power and nothing more which was bad.
Jul 28, 2014 12:57 PM
Sep 2012
Art is really getting on my nerves. I thought I would like his dark side but I just can't seem to understand what he is doing, trying to become king?
Jul 28, 2014 1:04 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Poor Honey..Her dad is such a jerk

The episode was okay I guess but I wonder why everyone's Minimum is going haywire now =/
Jul 28, 2014 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
That's Lolicon version of Honey was adorable.

Now we finally understand why Honey got a kid's personality.
Jul 28, 2014 1:23 PM

Nov 2007
So i guess the whatever that was happening to Birthday and Ratio was also a side effect...
Jul 28, 2014 1:36 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Usage of artificial Minimums sure has its shortcomings. I wonder how long Art will be able to endure this..

Honey's loli persona is too adorable! That's one cute side effect she has. :3

Nice seeing Honey's backstory and how she met Three. Her dad's "sekai no tame ni" excuse was a total BS though. Attempting to use your own daughter at that.
How defiled can you be?! No wonder Freemum is after him. He should've just been left to die there.

Three was amazing though! Love how dedicated he is when it comes to Honey. Such an admirable guardian he is!

Awesome episode! Looks like Birthday and Ratio are also suffering from some sort of side effects as well. :O
In the meanwhile, Art appears again with another new artificial Minimum ability. I bet he'll get owned pretty easily again.

Jul 28, 2014 3:10 PM

Dec 2012
Lady_Grimm said:

The episode gave a very bad foreshadow with flags all over the place. This isn't going too end well.

Very much agree with this! Since last weeks episode I've seen nothing but setup to a whole lot of confusing plot-points that are sure to show up in the near future. Not sure if too much of it will be good for the flow of the story or not.

I am PAINED by Art at this point! Not because of what he's become, but because I can't understand why. We're not given many clues about it either, that flashback in the last episode was very shallow. I want some more development next week and not just foreshadowing if possible. Great episode anyhow!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Jul 28, 2014 3:21 PM
Mar 2012
Honey's reaction when she watched the video of herself in a regressed state was the best XD
Jul 28, 2014 4:59 PM

Nov 2012
This was an overall sad episode. I always thought Honey was an orphan, I never thought she was a runaway.
Jul 28, 2014 6:09 PM

Oct 2012
art :(
loli honey is adorable
uh oh at those minimum side effects... Dx
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jul 28, 2014 6:21 PM

Aug 2007
Finally had some time to watch this. Good ep. A nice Honey-centric ep. I didn't get all my answers on why her powers keep regressing but its tied to her powers thats for sure. I was kinda hoping it be tied to something of her past. Though seeing what happen in the after credits with the others powers acting odd maybe something more is at work here. Yay Art is there next ep better be one doozy of an ep.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 28, 2014 7:24 PM

Jun 2013
Honey is so freaking adorable.

Her dad is a total ass, i dont see how something so sweet as her can be related to him
Jul 28, 2014 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
this season really has step it up compared to whatever you wanna call S1
still amazed honey is related to that dick.

and nothing good can come from these side effects...besides honey i guess lol.
Jul 28, 2014 9:01 PM

Nov 2007
She's shocked about her becoming childish.

Her father only cares about her power?

Her childhood story and her meeting of her partner. Father and daughter are saved by her partner by her using per power and called him for help.

I thought no interference from ex-police, but he appeared after ED.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 28, 2014 9:41 PM
Jul 2014
Why is everyone's minimum having a side effect? Just like Ratio and Birthday at the end.
Jul 29, 2014 12:09 AM
May 2014
geez....honey

and then birthday and ratio.....

please staph
Jul 29, 2014 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
I've just realized now that if he's Nice, then we're not... (nice) him.

*Laughs*
Jul 29, 2014 2:34 AM
Jan 2013
but seriously how Japanese are obsessed with this contributing to society thing x__x
pp start to lose track that more and more they become robots ;p enforcing pp to do this and that,
as this keeps going Japan will turn into Huxley vision of Brave New World
Jul 29, 2014 3:16 AM

Jun 2014
Am I the only one who found this episode to be the best one so far? Honey's character development, a new enemy and a new drawback to minimum holders. I feel like the anime has started it's engine.

I feel like Honey's side-effect was very fan-service based, mean while the others like Birthday seem better. I like to know that the power finally has a drawback but only introduced in season 2..

Hoping for the best!

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 29, 2014 5:23 AM

Jan 2011
Do we really need to have Art show up in every episode to remind us he's the new bad guy?
Jul 29, 2014 6:25 AM

Dec 2011
That minimum that lets Art "restart" as he said is pretty handy when you're in a pinch and need to heal.

Awwww, lil Honey is mad :3

LOL, Doktor is Honey's father :O

Awww, loli Honey ;3

Ah, so her father decided that her minimum would be of use in the assassination department because of her ability to compute different scenarios hm.

Damn... poor Three is bleeding...

It looks like Birthday and Ratio are reverting back into kids?

Art once again appears to annoy us all.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 29, 2014 11:14 AM
Jan 2011
Oh the Doktor getting rid of his minimum bodyguards, bad move.
Jul 29, 2014 12:47 PM

Apr 2010
I don't know, but for me, I think this is better than the first season. I feel bad for Art for having to die everytime he needs to heal. I wonder if he always had that ability? Or was it Moral?
Jul 29, 2014 2:00 PM

Mar 2012
Dat beginning... Nice is so funny xD
Art is always all f-cked up LOL It looks like he's on drugs this season :o
Is it just me or Art said he had a minimum? Or was he talking about the minimums he has been stealing?
Kyaaaaaaa Honey loli *-* So kawaii :P

Oh my god Birthday AHAHAHAH Nice + Birthday = epic

Rueby said:
I feel bad for Art for having to die everytime he needs to heal. I wonder if he always had that ability? Or was it Moral?

It was from Moral I think.
Jul 29, 2014 4:02 PM

Oct 2013
Hmm...something must have happened to initiate side effects of minimum abilities. There were never side effects before so I hope that something occurred.
Jul 29, 2014 6:19 PM

Jan 2014
Holyshit, this is getting deeper and darker. Those side effects..........dang it Birthday.

With a father like that no wonder Honey ran away, he's awful.
Jul 30, 2014 1:34 AM

Dec 2013
I keep watching each week hoping that something might be explained, that something might make sense, and I'm disappointed each week because nothing is ever explained and nothing ever makes sense. So far this season is nothing like the first, I see no semblance of an actual plot. Everything is random, things just happen, and then it's over.

For example, when did Art become a genius scientist? His method for extracting Minimum abilities is more effective and more humane than Moral's, so where did he learn the necessary medical and science facts to perform such a feat so easily? He was a cop that graduated the academy without a Minimum, then he was dead, then within a few months he's a genius on a level even higher than the mad genius from the academy. It doesn't make sense.

Now the side effects that seem to be occurring randomly. First it was Honey, and only Honey, who suffers a lapse back into childhood when she uses her Mighty Script. But there was absolutely nothing to trigger this, it just happened randomly. Now it seems to have spread to Ratio and Birthday, but once again there was no trigger. It could be some kind of background plot that Art is carrying out using his new found and completely impossible, higher than Moral genius medical science knowledge, but that would make even less sense.

It just appears that this season was so rushed that they completely forgot to include a plot and threw it all together from random ideas they thought would be cool. As much as I defended season one, and thought that it had such potential, I'm starting to lose interest.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jul 30, 2014 11:06 PM
Apr 2014
Loved Loli Honey, and her father is a dick....
Those Side Effects Seems bad, and is birthday addicted to electricity now??
Cant Wait to see the Next Ep
Aug 1, 2014 11:11 AM

Oct 2013
The_Bif said:
I keep watching each week hoping that something might be explained, that something might make sense, and I'm disappointed each week because nothing is ever explained and nothing ever makes sense. So far this season is nothing like the first, I see no semblance of an actual plot. Everything is random, things just happen, and then it's over.

It just appears that this season was so rushed that they completely forgot to include a plot and threw it all together from random ideas they thought would be cool. As much as I defended season one, and thought that it had such potential, I'm starting to lose interest.

Yeah, Hamatora's always left its viewers to fill in the gaps, which I find pretty annoying. I still think everything will be explained in the end, but I just wish the studio would've taken the time to develop and explain the plot. Oh yes, there is a plot. We just don't know what it is because its so rushed.

Personally, all I'm seeing is a bunch of cliche/done before/kinda overused ideas thrown together, and while I don't dislike it, I'd like it a lot more if they just told us why X event is happening.

junpants said:
Am I the only one who found this episode to be the best one so far? Honey's character development, a new enemy and a new drawback to minimum holders. I feel like the anime has started it's engine.

I feel like Honey's side-effect was very fan-service based, mean while the others like Birthday seem better. I like to know that the power finally has a drawback but only introduced in season 2..

Hoping for the best!

Ehh... the episode felt like a usual Hamatora episode. I probably didn't like it as much as you because it was centered on Honey. Which is weird, because I'm usually attracted to tsunderes. Maybe I'm a tsundere?

Yeah, Honey's side effect is fan-service based, but it's funny ^_^ (omg especially her reaction- that was the best!). Although I think we'll get a happy ending, I'm still worried about Birthday and Ratio.

I like to think of this Season as a continuation of Season 1, which in all honesty, is what it is. I really do hope that they have a good explanation as to why the side-effects are only happening now.

(I'm) Hoping for the best (too)!!
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Aug 1, 2014 6:53 PM

May 2008
always at the end the major thing happens gg
Aug 10, 2014 3:16 PM

Jul 2009
Honey is adorable! Her dad sucks though...Three is so cool :D

Aug 23, 2014 3:28 PM

Dec 2008
Three should have just grabbed Honey and left Doktor in there to be crushed.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 22, 2014 11:00 AM

Oct 2009
Loli Honey <3!!!

This season is proving to be much better, I hope it continues that way.
Sep 23, 2014 12:56 AM

Jun 2011
Why the hell there wasn't any side effect before? Seems out of nowhere really. Getting tired of Honey now, weak character development and back story. Art just appears randomly every time.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 1, 2014 11:00 AM

Sep 2012
Honey is so cute, hahah. Side effects, huh?
Who is Saikyou? At first, I thought it was honey's dad. Is he the yellow hair guy with glasses?
What is Art's plan to change the world?
Looks like Ratio and Birthday is having side effects too.
Still not giving up, Art?
Oct 5, 2014 5:02 PM

Jul 2013
Parents in anime shows are mostly evil, selfish, sons of bitches like Honey's dad. Those stray minimum holders are enemy but I hope they bring retribution to that old fucker soon.

Art is here again to fuck things up.
Oct 16, 2014 7:00 AM
May 2012
Is Nice talking about Deidara at the beginning??
I fucking hate people like Honey's dad!!
Honey was so cute :3 Three is such a beast!!
Badass Art at the end.
Oct 18, 2014 8:06 PM

Aug 2013
Another useless parent in the anime world. bored of even criticizing them.
I see.. now they're going to implement the consequences of using minimum ? Hmmm.
Honey is just so cute.. Mr. Lion... hahahaha !! I need a little sister like that. XD
Nice-kun haven't debuted his cool-ness since the first episode lol.
Aug 6, 2015 11:19 AM

May 2012
Interesting story about Honey, let's see what's next.
Sep 3, 2015 7:09 AM

Feb 2015
this was ok. FINALLY some backstories! i like how nice and the rest could have went but murasaki stopped it. this was three's buisness.

dang, i never figured the stray holder gang could be so cold. this was formed in about what, 3-4 months ago? and they're willing to kill for their views? jeez...>.>
Apr 14, 2016 1:18 AM

Feb 2012
Explosives are an art?? Deidara?? I'm loving how every OP shows different pictures of the characters in the beginning...

Yay for backstories! Honey and Three, awww. ;_; It makes me sick that you're Honey's father, too!!!! What an ass!!!!

Art is my favorite character, but I'm slowly getting pissed at him, too. Sighs.

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Sep 7, 2017 1:17 AM

Jun 2016
Throughout the episode, I've been asking myself the question: What the fuck's been happening to Honey? Is Art behind that? WhAT.

That was a crazy and good episode.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 28, 2018 8:36 AM
Apr 2018
I wonder why honey pisses me off.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

140 by Mishiia »»
Mar 1, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

135 by niookookjo »»
Oct 27, 2022 1:23 PM

» The show's message is contradictory

AnimeJunki3 - Oct 9, 2021

1 by Yatsu1689 »»
Oct 10, 2021 6:28 AM

» Is Hamatora a shonen or a seinen?

Sherlupin - Sep 9, 2014

7 by kari-ya »»
Sep 7, 2021 11:30 AM

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2014

63 by TheDoggoneGirl »»
Sep 9, 2017 3:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.