Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 19, 2014 10:06 AM

Jul 2009
Ami's transformation was much better than Usagi's but that CGI is still terrible. And that end pose she had. So awkward looking.

Yay Mamoru is a hottie.
Jul 19, 2014 10:22 AM

Dec 2009
As a huge hater of the new voices. I just have to say that I am definitely impressed with Queen Beryl-sama's voice actress. No Han Keiko, but really really great.
Jul 19, 2014 10:22 AM

Sep 2013
TUXEDO MASK! why you so good? XD makes me wanna go buy a Tuxedo right now :)

Mercury Power! :D
Jul 19, 2014 10:41 AM

Apr 2013
I like Ami's transformation, Sailor Mercury is my favourite.
Jul 19, 2014 11:01 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
T3hSource said:
Arturya said:
Must...get used.. to... Usagi's voice...
Yeah... no, I also hear the seiyuu straining her vocal chords.

I hear it too x_x

Wow Kanemoto Hisako did a good job as Ami! Ami's so cute :) I was never too fond of Kanemoto's high pitched voices, but I'm starting to like it. Sailor Mercury's transformation was great! Looking forward to the debut of my favorite senshi!
Jul 19, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2013
I only had 2 crushes when I was a kid:

1. Ami Mizuno

2. Yellow Power Ranger

And I preferred Ami BY FAR (see, even the young me knew anime girls are better). She's also god damn pretty in this adaption ♥♥

Damn it, why must this be bi-weekly??? such a torture to wait.. I don't really care about Rei next episode but God damn I want Makoto NOW!! Not to mention she is voiced by the uber sexy Ami Koshimizu.
Jul 19, 2014 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
Liked this episode much more than the first one. Sailor Mercury > Sailor Moon.

Still not used to the CGI transformation sequence though. I normally don't mind a bit of CG but it's just done so incredibly poorly.
Jul 19, 2014 12:31 PM

Jun 2009
Good episode, I'm so glad they are already introducing the other senshi instead of taking several episodes to get there. Ami was likable enough here, though to be honest she never was a favorite of mine. Now, Rei on the other hand.....it'll be interesting, though, because I keep hearing manga Rei is a very different character.

I kind of digged Ami's transformation, though her ending pose is a goofy as I remembered it. Sailor Moon's looks so cool, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 19, 2014 12:41 PM

May 2012
Ami is so hot.

Must say this was good episode. Ami transformation scene was beautiful. Like the bonding between Usagi and Ami. Can wait to see who the next Sailor is going to be.
Jul 19, 2014 12:47 PM

Apr 2013
Ami FTW as many others have stated (looking soooooo much better than in the original). I've enjoyed the reboot so far but the bi-weekly release thing just hit me. With 26 episodes, this is going to take a LONG time.
dankzelJul 19, 2014 1:03 PM
Jul 19, 2014 1:15 PM

Dec 2011
Usagi's voice... just....stahp

Well, at least Ami was cute.

Can't wait when 'Monster of the week' episodes end and the real action starts, because these introduction episodes are hella boring.
Jul 19, 2014 1:21 PM

Apr 2014
I think I may be one of the only people who like Usagi's voice. Something about it is just so grating to the ears -- and that's perfect! She isn't trying to sound cutesy. She's very much herself right now: a brat. <3

A good episode. The best parts are, of course, Tuxedo Mask. Trashcan on the side.

I think, after the introduction episodes, the storytelling will buck cliché significantly. But I haven't read the manga in quite some time, so... perhaps sooner?
Jul 19, 2014 1:59 PM

Jul 2010
Better than the first, but god I can't understand the use of cg.... it's so ugly.
Jul 19, 2014 2:31 PM

Jun 2014
Was it a thing back in the 90s to have high pitched main characters?

I can understand Sailor Moon but even DBZ did it
Jul 19, 2014 2:43 PM

Jul 2007
insan3Spectre said:
Now, Rei on the other hand.....it'll be interesting, though, because I keep hearing manga Rei is a very different character.

That's an understatement. And her introduction will be a very different story too :)

Skraggy said:
Was it a thing back in the 90s to have high pitched main characters?

I can understand Sailor Moon but even DBZ did it

ITs still a thing right now. THat's associated with innocence and naivety.

Jul 19, 2014 3:00 PM

Feb 2013
Aurorae said:

nice

Lol wth xD diden't notice that the first time.. do they really slack that much as to Cut out something between pictures xD

Also
Awsome stuff :D
Alittle weird tho.. at first you see the papers cut through the desk walls.. but when Sailor moon is hit by many of the papers she dosen't even bleed! Anime logic!
Also Ami is very cute! and Like'd her transformation more then that of sailormoon :D
Jul 19, 2014 3:02 PM

Oct 2013
Well this episode was def bettter than the first
starting to like this
[/quote]
Jul 19, 2014 3:20 PM

Apr 2007
Great episode. First episode I was a bit bothered by Moon's voice, but by now Im totally into it. Its great! Fuck the haters. I guess you need fighting part, but I honestly couldn't give less of a shit about the fighting, the show is best when it's going through the life and friendship of the characters, and im not a particulary big Slice of Life buff. Ami is cute/cool. She fits glasses actually.

CG transformations still fucking sucks.
Jul 19, 2014 3:41 PM

Jul 2007
Well I'm getting use to it and don't mind the CG now, hope it's continues getting better and can't to see my true love Rei! <333
Jul 19, 2014 4:13 PM
Sep 2011

Too bad you're not good at keeping your face on-model.

I used to find Usagi's voice pretty irritating, but after watching a few anime with her in them (such as Suite Precure) I've grown comfortable with it. That and I never really watched the original show so I haven't had to deal with her infamous constant crying.

I've gotten pretty used to the CG as well, and I'm pleased that Ami's voice doesn't sound like an eight year old or an invader from the bottom of the sea.

One thing I've noticed with Crystal is that it seems to be adhering strictly to realism. It doesn't use comically exaggerated expressions or anime quirks like in the original series where she hits the door with her knee and we see her skeleton. It's mildly disappointing because the manga had the characters occasionally break into chibi and it was really cute and endearing.
Jul 19, 2014 4:18 PM

Jul 2008
Fai said:
Khaoticsuccubus said:

What I'm really looking forward to is the 'faces' of everyone here come next episode *evil grin*

That will be a view. One of the most exciting aspects of this getting readapted will be people's reaction to THAT>

Agreed.

I wish this show wasn't bi weekly.
Jul 19, 2014 4:20 PM

Oct 2012
Still really good! Just waiting a few more eps then Venus shall appear! ^_^
~nya
Jul 19, 2014 4:44 PM

Dec 2011
RLinksoul said:

I kept staring at that scene and getting angry at how outrageously asymmetrical it was. I mean, come on, animators. When she closes her eyes, why would one of her eyes be dipping down to the level of her mouth? You guys really dropped the balls for this episode. It made me sad. =(

Other than the multiple flaws with animation, I liked this episode as much as the first. CG is ok, I'm loving that they are keeping a lot of the original transformation sequences. Can't really improve on what's already good. Ami-chan's new voice is a suitable replacement for Hisakawa, and I LOVED Hisakawa's voice.

However, I don't seem to recall Ami-chan going into zombie mode under the influence of the disk in the manga. Looking back, I would say that the original 90s episode stayed truer to the manga than this one. Maybe, it's just me.
NissandwichJul 19, 2014 4:52 PM
Jul 19, 2014 4:54 PM
Aug 2011
Nissandwich said:
RLinksoul said:

However, I don't seem to recall Ami-chan going into zombie mode under the influence of the disk in the manga. Looking back, I would say that the original 90s episode stayed truer to the manga than this one. Maybe, it's just me.

They have changed it for the sake of modernizing the story. Back in the manga and the old anime, Ami escaped the brainwashing program, because she refused to use computer for studying, which in 2014 is ridiculous:) Pretty ugly episode, though, but the direction was way better.
sailorvJul 19, 2014 5:13 PM
Jul 19, 2014 5:08 PM

Feb 2013
1. Did they change some of the art a little bit? I felt like this episode had more refined art than the previous (in a better way).

2. Usagi's voice is still the most irritating thing ever.

3. Liked Ami. Wish she did more spells in the fight tho besides the aqua mist.
Jul 19, 2014 5:34 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, we skipped ahead to episode 8. Though the monster looked more like the one in ep2 (green) than the one in ep8 (red).

Classic: "Bubble Spray" (not to be confused with Bubble or Bubble Beam from Pokemon, lol)
Crystal: "Mercury Aqua Mist"

Ami's transformation is a LOT longer in the new one here. (I'm too lazy for gifs though) But they kept the signature parts... the circle + the twist after.

My desktop wallpaper slideshow just randomly put up a Sailor Mercury wallpaper... coincidence? (yes)
BurntJellyJul 19, 2014 5:37 PM
Jul 19, 2014 5:49 PM

Apr 2008
Still having a difficult time getting used to the 2D and 3D animations. But Ami's voice was perfect and her transformation scene was a little more tolerable to watch. The Disguise Pen seem kinda pointless this time around though. Seems like the only thing that changed was her outfit instead of a head-to-toe makeover.

Also, little nitpick, I've never read the manga but I kinda wish they didn't have Mamoru constantly running around in his Tuxedo Mask outfit during the day. I feel like he's practically giving his identity away. And I also miss his casual attire from the old series. >.>

Jul 19, 2014 6:34 PM

Oct 2012
Ami is cute but at less next epsiode Rei
Jul 19, 2014 6:35 PM
Jul 2012
Disproportionate animation and CGI aside, I felt that this episode flowed much better than the first. Overall it looked nicer in terms of movement and action, unlike the first episode. Unfortunately, I fear they sacrificed some of the accuracy of proportion to achieve it.

Ami's transformation: I liked that it was short, but the CGI water looks worse than 90s Myst graphics. Her hair flows as much as hair on the 90s cartoon Reboot. Otherwise, I like the Mercury symbol on her forehead during the sequence. The ending stance was unimpressive and kind of cringe-worthy, but I liked the part where she threw out her splayed hand towards the audience.

Also, I really hope we aren't going to have to watch the full transformation sequences Every. Single. Time. I always appreciated that the others had shorter sequences, even though we always had to watch them. But watching that CGI spaghetti glittershow every week? I think that's a bit much.

The reality is that extended transformations are relics of the past used to eat up time and save money on animation. But following the manga makes the timeline much tighter and streamlined. At ~26 min per episode and with digital animation, it's more an unnecessary waste of time.
velurielJul 19, 2014 6:44 PM
"You know the old saying; when life gives you lemons, go murder a clown."

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."
"Okay, I'll go home and see if I can scrounge up a ruler and a piece of string."
Jul 19, 2014 6:38 PM
Oct 2008
Nice ep though still that CG gets me...

Also when Sailor Moon started crying her gloves were oddly a skin color ah Toei
Jul 19, 2014 6:41 PM
Jul 2012
Khaoticsuccubus said:

What I'm really looking forward to is the 'faces' of everyone here come next episode *evil grin*

Haha, agreed. Anyone who's only seen the original anime are in for a surprise. But newcomers won't really feel it, lol.

I really really hope they do some of the one-shots that were published, especially Casablanca Memory. It really shows great characterization for Rei and gives a lot of backstory about her misgivings towards men as well as her strident independent streak.
"You know the old saying; when life gives you lemons, go murder a clown."

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."
"Okay, I'll go home and see if I can scrounge up a ruler and a piece of string."
Jul 19, 2014 8:06 PM

Jun 2009
Fai said:
insan3Spectre said:
Now, Rei on the other hand.....it'll be interesting, though, because I keep hearing manga Rei is a very different character.

That's an understatement. And her introduction will be a very different story too :)

Yeah, I'm probably going to see it sooner rather than later. I'm reading the Sailor V manga and will almost definitely read Sailor Moon within these two weeks.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 19, 2014 8:18 PM

Dec 2011
Seeing the animation drop in quality was disappointing. I was really hoping this remake was going to be GOOD but knowing Toei I knew they were going to cheap out. Typical. They've ruined so many good shows. 8(
Jul 19, 2014 8:37 PM

Apr 2009
Loved it again, but way better than the first episode. I cant wait got next week to see my favorite character!

Jul 19, 2014 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
Sailor mecury! Nice ep, usagi has the ability to change costumes~ now ppl can see why cutey honey is so important to the magical shoujo genre.

I should not be watching this since i'm a grown @ss man now but nostalgia man....
Jul 19, 2014 9:26 PM

Jun 2009
insan3Spectre said:
Good episode, I'm so glad they are already introducing the other senshi instead of taking several episodes to get there. Ami was likable enough here, though to be honest she never was a favorite of mine. Now, Rei on the other hand.....it'll be interesting, though, because I keep hearing manga Rei is a very different character.

I kind of digged Ami's transformation, though her ending pose is a goofy as I remembered it. Sailor Moon's looks so cool, though.

Manga Rei is very different from anime Rei. Personally I like both of them, in my opinion they are both stereotypes, so I feel like it comes more down to what stereotype you prefer more rather than one version of Rei being especially unique/better than the other. Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what they do with Rei, personally I'd like a fusion between the characteristics of anime Rei and manga Rei to get the best of both worlds, but since this version is meant to be more loyal to the manga I'm expecting Rei to have her manga personality.
Jul 19, 2014 11:44 PM

Jun 2011
Gosh Ami was so cute, I love her power too, so much better than those bubbles, look more threatening and violent.
Jul 20, 2014 1:37 AM

Mar 2012
Ami is as cute as ever. Next up is the Reilgun.
Jul 20, 2014 3:03 AM

Apr 2014
The ep was good, but it looks like it was rushed. The animation was really weird. For an episode they do once in two weeks they have much more time to fix all the errors. I hope that they will do it in the DVD/BD's. Oh, and Ami's transformation is really great. Just like in the classic Sailor Moon.
Jul 20, 2014 3:09 AM

Jul 2007
veluriel said:

Also, I really hope we aren't going to have to watch the full transformation sequences Every. Single. Time. I always appreciated that the others had shorter sequences, even though we always had to watch them. But watching that CGI spaghetti glittershow every week? I think that's a bit much.

It will be most likely instant latter on. Manga did not always portray transformations latter on, having them be already transformed or insta-transform.
Jul 20, 2014 6:30 AM

Oct 2012
Love the whole episode! I think Sailor moon's transformation was shorter this time, or just fewer rotations ^^
frozenmirJul 20, 2014 6:39 AM
Jul 20, 2014 6:32 AM

Mar 2009
Ami's transformation scene was nicely done! I'm hoping it'll be just as great for the other sailor senshi. One thing that has not changed over the years is I still can't stand is Usagi's crying =_=

I'm looking forward to the introduction of Sailor Mars. Until then, there's another agonizing 2 weeks to wait for the next episode....
Jul 20, 2014 6:41 AM

Jul 2007
zanpakutoflames said:
Ami's transformation scene was nicely done! I'm hoping it'll be just as great for the other sailor senshi. One thing that has not changed over the years is I still can't stand is Usagi's crying =_=

I'm looking forward to the introduction of Sailor Mars. Until then, there's another agonizing 2 weeks to wait for the next episode....

She is a 14 year old girl who just met a talking cat and gets assaulted by cosmic horrors everyday. No shit she's crying -__-
Jul 20, 2014 8:20 AM

Mar 2009
Usagi's voice was totally fine in this episode, she refills her role perfectly !! It gets better and better with Kotono I'm sure !! Especially when she will be Serenity ! So stop complaining about the unique reasonnable choice they decide to keep even if, I think I would rather loved to have a complete new cast than only one former seiyuu coz I feel like it is the twilight zone lol, with only kotono, it doesn't sound right !

Concerning the episode, it's the same than the original one, so it will be the same for the other girls except maybe Jupiter and Venus coz they appear when Jadeite dies, so I dunno how they will manage his death !

Ami-chan voice is super cute and I never doubt new seiyuu were very gifted but her smart side is vanished coz Hisakawa-san knew how to interprete NERD ami-chan !!

Transformation is very good, better than usagi's one, coz there is no more trouble with how they make the hair float in the air (Usagi's case) !!

I am now focusing in watching the show tryin to forget all about my nostalgia and how fan I am of the original anime ( painful process )

Rina Satou performance is the only one I am looking for !!

Ah also the episode is wayyy less funny than the original one !!
Jul 20, 2014 8:41 AM

Feb 2014
veluriel said:

I completely agree with this. Sailor Moon's transformation was noticeably CGI but not to the point that it looked bad, but Sailor Mercury's transformation was worse imo. If we have to watch each transformation during every episode, especially when all the inner Sailor Senshi are introduced, that would be pretty annoying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2012
So far I still like the old more even though it wasted like 30 episodes on filler before they introduced all the other sailor warriors.

I still don't understand why the transformation is CG... it is in every episode, they could have drawn it since they reuse it every fucking time.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Jul 20, 2014 10:20 AM

Jul 2011
ahh my second favorite senshi appears next episode! I'm so excited!
Jul 20, 2014 11:12 AM

Feb 2013
Do you guys think they will re-do all seasons of sailor moon or only the first?
Jul 20, 2014 11:39 AM

Jul 2007
Draknalor said:
Do you guys think they will re-do all seasons of sailor moon or only the first?

Since they are adapting the manga this time the story will diverge in quite major way next episode. Otherwise crystal will only cover the first two story arcs. If it does better, most likely the rest will follow with different subtitles.
Jul 20, 2014 11:50 AM

Jun 2012
FlamingYu said:
I can't handle Usagi's voice anymore.

- I only draw freestyle! -
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.