Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 31, 2009 7:52 PM

Nov 2008
It's too bad that Sanji and Zoro didn't end up on each other's islands - Sanji would be doing Perona "breakfast, lunch and dinner", if not also for "midnight snack", and Zoro could finally come out of the closet...
Nov 4, 2009 5:48 AM

Nov 2008
Impel Down incoming... enjoy the ride.
Apr 21, 2010 2:11 AM

Oct 2008
I feel so sorry for Ace. :<
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Apr 21, 2010 4:53 AM

May 2008
YEA impel down WOOTS

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 26, 2010 10:50 AM

Feb 2009
It's starting! This will lead into good stuff!
Oct 15, 2010 11:54 AM

Feb 2010
lol, Perona is falling for Zoro. :D
Apr 22, 2011 3:40 PM

Jul 2007
Wow so zoro is on the same island as perona. I didn't expect that. and brooks is worshiped as satan lol. The "can is see your painties line" was great lol. Anyways not much was explained on the nekama's where abouts on this episode.

It seems the marines are starting to gather for the big war coming up. All of those screen shots of some of the admirals and vice admirals. I am not sure if ive seen all those characters in the previous arcs, who knows, maybe that was some of there first appearances. In any case things are definitely heating up and the story is moving forward.

Poor Ace having to endure all this. And luffy is getting more restless only 6 days left until the public execution.

Yeah from here on out, its a "wild" ride, the big war is coming, you know these upcoming arcs are going to be probably awesome. God i can't believe im almsot caught up with one piece. This show is sure is long as hell. Longest anime series Ive ever watched. i can't imagine watching. Detective conan i have on my list to and thats like 900 episodes? lol

I have a question though about Kuma. With his ability, he can send any one any where right? In addition he can use it multiple times as seen when he sent the straw hats away one by one. So why can't he use his ability to send people like the government, marines, admirals, or other pirates to Raftel. After all this whole series involves finding one piece. Or protecting one piece. What ever the case maybe.

His ability the only one that is probably capable of sending some one to the island of raftel. I realize that he can only send some one flying for 3 days but that is along distance, considering robin was brought ALL the way back to easy blue From sabypody archipeligo. Which is half way across the world. He should have the power to send some one to raftel or at least close to raftel. Anyways i was just thinking bout that.

Well for now im going to put this show on hold again for a bit.
ArtimesGamerApr 22, 2011 3:59 PM

Apr 22, 2011 3:48 PM

Jul 2007
smokes said:
hJ said:
Luffy x Hancock scenes are really getting annoying

rofl, these scene was filler material in these episodes with the crew adventures...
in the next episode they will arive at Impel DoWn arc, ( manga plot)
so those scenes wont be anymore :(
they were pretty funny

My god just because its "filler" doesn't mean its not hilarious. I found hancocks day dreaming imagining how luffy would take away robin and nami, lol. That was a great moment and a different side to luffy. Knowing luffy's personality i don't think this will happen though.

If they add romance like that to the characters, i don't think it would fit luffy's character at all, but watching it was funny.

And the characters adventures aren't filler. There cover page stories illustrated by oda.

Apr 23, 2011 1:50 AM

Apr 2009
^dude did you read what i actually said? xD
May 19, 2011 4:08 PM

Jun 2009
Very good episode and I was pleasantly surprised when this min-arc started, I was actually kind of convinced that I wasn't going to see the Straw Hat crew for awhile. Thank god, I was wrong. The scenes between Hancock and Luffy were hilarious and I really liked that Perona was brought back into the picture. I was always wondering exactly where she was sent....I didn't expect that Zoro would be the one sent there. I thought for sure it would be Brook.

And, holy hell, seeing all those characters introduced in earlier arcs coming together is freaking sweet. It's very cool to see things FINALLY coming together. I can't wait to start the next arc in a few days..I'm really looking forward to it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 18, 2011 12:02 AM

May 2010
I LOL and felt sorry for Zoro haha Being in the same place with Perona must be the worst crappy experience ever! haha And Zoro as Bearsy was drop dead hilarious! :-))))
For Brook on the otherhand was equally funny as with Zoros' :-)) Brook being haled as Satan was LOL
To sum up the episode = one laugh fest episode! :-D
Nov 22, 2012 7:02 AM

Mar 2010
Brook has a pretty funny story, its all good wherever they take us to.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 24, 2013 8:33 PM

May 2010
Nice to see another Perona episode, glad she didn't fall of the face of the planet. The thing with Brook and the island he ended up on was priceless.
Aug 22, 2013 3:24 PM

Apr 2012
Zoro and Perona make a really fun comedic pair hahaha
and Brook landing in that Satanist's circle at such perfect timing... LOL WOW
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2013 9:26 PM

Jun 2012
Did I just see Ace crying?? It killed me :(
so.. in conclusion:
Nami: in the sky... screw level: Not so bad, at least she is with a nice old man, she just have to figure out how to get back on earth.
Franky: in a winter island ... screw level: Not so bad either, he seems with nice company, but it looks like it could get dangerous as he is in the home of Dr. Vegapunk ( genius that converted Kuma into a cyborg)
Chopper: In an island on South Blue... Screw level: Quite bad, he is alone, scared, and HOW THE HELL is he going to get back to Grand Line?? after all the trouble luffy and everyone got through to get where they were..
Sanji: somewhere in a drag island... Screw level:OK, so they want to turn him into a drag, not a big deal at least they are not trying to kill him, right? Don't really remember if it was said where exactly is that island so not sure if it will be difficult for him to return...
Robin: In a country of laborers ... Screw level: Bad, she is in the worst and saddest situation of all of them, quite broke my heart as the F***ing old man destroyed the girl's drawings,and it top of that she will become a slave, how much worse can it get for her ...
Usopp: in some plant-living island.. Screw level: Ok, he is in an island where everything wants to eat him but at least he is not alone, he got a companion that seems quite comfortable on the island so no biggie, Usopp seems to survive everything so pretty sure he will do just fine.
Zoro: In an island on grand line... Screw level: Ok, he is with Perona and it looks like she will delay him a little but since they are together maybe they can figure out how they can return, and since he is still in Grand Line it won't be as difficult as the others.
Brook: In some Island also in Grand Line: Screw Level: Ok, he got some followers as they believe he is Satan, also he is still in Grand line so it won't be much a problem to figure out how to return.

AND... Ace cried D:
Jan 18, 2014 9:22 PM

Nov 2010
Easily the best episode of the "Mugiwara Whereabouts".
Jan 30, 2014 3:46 PM

Dec 2012
Hahahhaha Perona must the only girl to be so disappointed to be left alone with Zoro in a deserted island XD
ACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
T____________________________________________________________T
MyNinjanerd said:
Did I just see Ace crying?? It killed me :(
AND... Ace cried D:
Jul 30, 2014 4:24 PM

Dec 2011
Oh jeez these fantasies that Hancock has about Luffy are hilarious. She even carved a heart in the wall HAHA

Aug 7, 2014 11:10 AM

Dec 2008
Great episode, can't wait to see how Luffy will handle the rescue of his bro.
Oct 2, 2014 10:59 PM

Jan 2014
Zoro faces his worst enemy yet.....Perona!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 5, 2014 11:25 AM

Oct 2013
I hate Perona's laughter.

May 17, 2015 1:27 PM

Mar 2014
LOL Zoro xP

And omd Aceeeeee
Jun 13, 2015 1:46 AM

Jun 2015
DAYUM! Whitebeard vs. world government, that'll be a hell of a battle.
Apr 1, 2016 4:41 PM

May 2013
vizhmaster_vizhu said:
lol, Perona is falling for Zoro. :D

I doubt it. She's just lonely and wants a subordinate... lol >.>

Oh my gosh, Satan Brook. LMAAAOOOO YAAASSSSZZZZZZ. I LOVE IT xD
Jul 26, 2016 8:18 AM

Mar 2015
I always liked Perona, nice to see she has a caring and vulnerable side

And Boa is just too cute

Onto Impel Down!!!! Luffy's on the way!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 29, 2016 4:59 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Did zorro really have to get in the exactly same place as her? sob

Mar 16, 2017 3:22 PM

May 2014
This episode was pure greatness.

So happy to see Perona back again bc she's one of my favorite OP girls- the fact that she doesn't particularly like Zoro, but still clings to him and tries to stop him from leaving by hiding his swords and bandaging him into Kumacy is endearing. She just doesn't wanna be left alone!

It was actually really sweet of her to watch over Zoro for days on end and patching him up even though her first aid skills are so sloppy ^^

Brook's part of the episode was so hilarious that I actually cried- I can't believe he crashed a Satanic ritual and then the Cult thought they'd actually summoned the Devil...and then the Panties thing lmfao XD

The ending was awesome too...all these characters we've seen in other arcs are making their re-appearances! I love how One Piece rarely discards its characters and they're always brought back for more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2018 5:35 PM

Oct 2016
I can imagine Kuma fighting to make a straight face while thinking "So, this skelleton guy, right? Where should I send him... Oh, that one poor island that worships Satan! Man they will surely freak out if this skelleton fella just crashes above some ongoing cult, too bad I'm not gonna be there to see..."

Also, did Ace think about White Beard just before calling out for his father? Is WB Ace's dad? This would be BIG. (and since Ace and Luffy don't share the same family name - unlike Luffy, Garp and Dragon - they may not be biological brothers... although he also has the D. in the name)
Feb 20, 2019 3:10 AM

Jun 2016
I didn't mention this on the last episode because I was already typing a lot, but I really like Boa's jealousy regarding her playboy Luffy theory. I hope when Boa meets Nami and Robin one day that she's standoffish towards them. In fact, maybe Luffy won't realize her love until that eventual day and his crewmates will realize it before him. Another funny thought regarding her is that these navy men who are seeing her act like Luffy does will totally spread rumors about how she acts.

The Perona and Zoro section was beautiful. Not only was it touching for Zoro but it also made me reconsider the kind of person Perona is.

In regards to Zoro, the moment he woke up in those bandages torn on what had happened, you could see the emotion in his face due to the shine in his eyes. It was a melancholic look. It was sad and reflective. I think he was acknowledging that this is one of his biggest losses yet while, at the same time, being grateful that this means the others may be okay too. Zoro has now shown us that he values his crew over his own life and ambition. So to not be able to help them at all and to have barely been able to save Luffy's life not that long ago, it must really burn. Kuma letting him go with a huge injury like he did reminds me of when Mihawk did the same thing to him, literally two warlords have given Zoro a chance and helped him grow as a person and a swordsman, and if you think back to the first time he lost so crushingly to Mihawk, he cried and yelled that he would never lose again. Him being unable to protect his nakama and unable to take on warlords to prove his skills for him and his childhood friend is an absolute loss for him, and I'm sure he had to have realized that Kuma let him go, yet again. He’s probably conflicted on the kind of man Kuma is. Maybe I'm extrapolating too much but I think this all follows. I love how Zoro is drawn with shine in his eyes when he's sentimental or emotional, when a moment hits him so close to home he cannot be his usual stoic self. We could see the style of eyes he was drawn with here back when he was saying goodbye to the Merry too!

As for Perona, although she is an inherently selfish and childish person, literally crying due to the lack of servants and cute things around her while calling for Moria, the man she tried to leave behind while robbing blind, to come help her, she has shown another side of herself. She has been shown to have a good nature that she cannot help but let out sometimes. When she saw how negative Usopp was she cheered for him despite him being her enemy, she was so sad that he was such a negative person she wanted to show him some support. Here we had her bandage up and possibly save Zoro's life by tending to his wounds, she even watched over him in bed to make sure he was okay. She rationalized it with the fact that she wants a servant, but with how tender she was to helping him heal I think this was just an excuse. Later, she slips up and tells Zoro how to leave. She literally cannot stop herself from helping him here too, despite the fact that her loneliness is crushing her. Her moments of awkwardness where she couldn't quite voice that she wanted him to stay, or possibly ask to go with him were so prominent, you could see her as she struggled to find words to use before stuttering and angrily asking if he's really going to leave.

I think Perona is just a big kid, a big baby who doesn't know what it means to have genuine friendship and nakama. When Zoro was leaving she couldn't even bring herself to voice her real emotions, she decided instead that she was going to make him stay. It's as if her forcing people to be her servants is actually because she craves friendship but it's the only way she knows how to get it. If you think about it, she misses Kumacy to this day. He wasn't simply a servant to do her bidding or a replacable cute bear, she holds him dear to her heart even if she was cruel to him. Likewise, despite trying to force Zoro to be her servant she was so kind to him and showed lots of care. I really think she makes a misjudgement that servants = nakama and unless she can swallow her pride and learn to form a genuine friendship as equals with Zoro then I think she'll be in for a hard time. That said, Perona needs camaraderie and friendship right now and Zoro needs someone to help him so he doesn't get lost in the forest for years. They could both get a lot out of a mutual agreement to be comrades for the time being and I truly hope we get some Perona development where she learns to look at Zoro as her somewhat-equal. Depending on how she continues she may be one of my favorite One Piece villains, and someone as stubborn as Zoro could really force her to see him as an equal.

P.S. the fact that Zoro's scream turned into a yawn on the eyecatch was amazing. I wasn't expecting that at all and it was so charming. What a nice detail! The fact that if it didn't happen no one would bat an eye makes me think that was a real loving decision to do that.

courret said:
Also, did Ace think about White Beard just before calling out for his father? Is WB Ace's dad? This would be BIG. (and since Ace and Luffy don't share the same family name - unlike Luffy, Garp and Dragon - they may not be biological brothers... although he also has the D. in the name)

Yeah!! This was my interpretation too, it was as if he was saying sorry that he's putting his "father" WB in danger and for letting him down. I was shocked to not read anyone else saying this!
Aug 12, 2020 2:10 AM

May 2016
Zoro ending up getting stuck with Perona was definitely one of my favorites among the crew's whereabouts. It was great seeing the Negative Princess again and I'm quite surprised about the chemistry between the two of them having some potential~

Brook's the new King of Hell in town and he's gonna free his worshippers from poverty lmao

A lot of powerful people are gathered for Ace's execution and the closer it gets to that fated day, the tenser things get...

Aug 20, 2020 6:24 PM

May 2020
Damn, this is actually pretty sweet that Zoro got sent to the same place that Perona got sent to!
Even thought this is a filler, it's still pretty cool that they showed where the rest of the members ended up.

Lol when I saw Brook look at that girl, I knew exactly what he was gonna say lol xD

Will Ace and Luffy's father make an appearance to save Ace???
Sep 21, 2020 8:16 AM

Dec 2007
i'm glad they didn't forced to drag the straw hat's stories but started the impel down arc, really great saving.

i don't know if to laugg at zoro or pity him...

and it was so expected from brook to ask them that.

now they probably going to do the same after the war arc to show how they are going to get back.
Dec 12, 2020 2:35 PM

May 2017
so zorro found a girl that want to scare him to death
Luffy found a girl but he didnt notice it
Sanji found a girl...but it was a boy !
Ussopp find a cool warrior...but its probably not a humain
Brook find a pantsu ! But it was men one
Nami found someone to spend her life With
Cocacola man found tea
Animal san found birds
Robin found hit**r
LadyLeeMingDec 12, 2020 2:48 PM
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jan 23, 2021 1:51 AM
Oct 2019
ACE: Grandpa Kill me!!!!
Garp : Kill you? Are you fool? Even if i kill you nothing can stop it now...We.. we have made the King of the sea angry... we have made whitebeard angry!!

Conversation between legends
May 27, 2021 12:22 PM

Jun 2019
Zoro and Brooke are safe as well. Poor Ace. :'(
Jul 7, 2021 5:39 AM

Dec 2012
Perona and Zoro lol

Aug 19, 2022 6:23 PM

Feb 2014
Zoro lucked out tho, I'm jelous.
Jan 28, 2023 4:25 PM
Feb 2022
Siempre es bueno ver a Perona otra vez. Próximo capitulo, llegamos a Inpel Town.
Jun 9, 2023 8:19 PM
Oct 2019
Oh yeah Perona, almost forgot about her 😂

As soon as Brook landed, i knew he gonna ask about the Panty LMAO

Everyone is on Navy HQ, this is gonna be huge battle 😱
Aug 3, 2023 12:50 PM
Sep 2020
Ok,It is time for war on impel down, all recruits are now scattered and also the end of a good arc. Fire fist ace in trouble. Lots of hype in the government. Father has now trapped the elder brother.
Nov 7, 2023 11:52 PM

Mar 2017
Zoro in the bear outfit was hilarious XD I agree his part was too short. Also.. Luffy has to be the only straight guy to be locked away with an attractive woman who clearly fancies the pants off him yet all he can think about is food. It’s funny but at the same time I would like to see a little romance to develop his character.. but then I really admire the fact that Boa’s beauty doesn’t hold any weakness over him.
Jan 25, 6:48 AM

Oct 2019
PERONAAA!! It's nice to see her again <3
Jan 25, 1:14 PM
Jun 2022
fun joy and great king
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 969 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Apr 10, 2021

73 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 963 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Feb 20, 2021

75 by Yubisoft »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 417 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TrowaBarton141 - Sep 12, 2009

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 416 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Sep 5, 2009

87 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 415 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Dinamet7 - Aug 29, 2009

104 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.