Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, the backgrounds of this episode seems to be black and white in the beginning.

We get more snakes and damn, poor Mary ;.; she doesn't deserve that. The song in the episode was alright I guess. But yeah, Mary focused episode but damn, poor Shion...

Stark700Jun 14, 2014 12:36 PM
Jun 14, 2014 8:29 AM

Aug 2012
Good cover of imagination forest.

I hope we'll finally get to see Kuroha next episode.
XushuJun 14, 2014 8:47 AM
Jun 14, 2014 9:03 AM
Nov 2012
Great episode, they got the focus right this time and the pacing was good too. Some conversations were held at still images but I guess that's SHAFT's budget for ya.

I didn't expect them to put both Azami and Marry's story into 1 episode and explain a whole lot, though it still feel a bit rushed.

Is the voice of the snake from Mamoru Miyano? I dunno, but if it is then it'd be awesome.

Dat KonoMarry at the end tho.

I'm expecting Kuroha to appear, but not much screentime I guess. Konoha's suffering is making me feel bad for him.

>Still hoping for the Summertime Record episode to troll us all and put some Outer Science in it but meh it not possible i think.

5/5
Jun 14, 2014 9:38 AM
Sep 2013
i really liked this episode especially the cover but i kind of wanted to see more of shintaro. now im curious on how shaft is going to end this series.
Jun 14, 2014 9:54 AM

Oct 2010
Finally, we get some (well deserved) Marry.

Anyone knows who sung Imagination Forest, though? I feel like I've heard that voice before, but I don't know where from...
Jun 14, 2014 10:59 AM

Jul 2010
Azami, Shion and Marry :( It was nice to see Marry's background all the way from her grandmother. How Azami had to leave was sad.
Bounded by the tower to be safe from humans.
The scene where Marry was found along with the music was quite adorable!
Jun 14, 2014 11:01 AM

May 2012
Never thought I would say this. Perfect episode.

That beginning was so emotional. All this time I thought Azami was evil, but come to find out she just wanted to be with her family. That was epic how she used all those powers. Love the the way they did Fantasy Forest. To me it was spot on. The cover song was really nice. A lot of things were reveled. Still confused about August 15. Other than that it was great. Also the animation was beautiful.

5/5
AntearionJun 14, 2014 11:47 AM
Jun 14, 2014 11:01 AM

Apr 2014
one of the best episodes so far

MCA is truly one of those anime that u will appreciate once its over

and ive been shitting on it alot but everything is beginning to make sense
Jun 14, 2014 11:05 AM
Jul 2018
A nicely done episode, cover was made well too. I guess only thing that gave me some doubts was the black/white screen tone at the start. By the looks of it we might get Outer Science next week, since we heard Ayano's father do some rather odd explanations to "someone" in the preview. I feel like shit is about to get real, guess we'll wait and see.

5/5
Jun 14, 2014 11:14 AM

May 2013
Nice to know the backstory of Marry, her mom and grandmother, although it was kinda sad. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 14, 2014 11:22 AM

Aug 2010
Loved the OST at the beginning with Azami and Tsukihiko's story.

Azami is so awesome!!! The way she used all the eye abilities was so nice.

And totally loved the black and white back story. Looked really beautiful and was really sad :( Why did she have to leave T_T Poor Shion :(

F*** the stupid humans who were doing that to Mary!!! Just leave them alone u BASTARDS!!

And was that Kuroha?! Since the snake was voiced by Miyano Mamoru and so is Kuroha. Gave me his vibes at least XD

Mary's story with Seto was short but cute :3

Good ep. And loved the cover. I wonder what nxt ep will be. I know the title but I didn't expect all this in Imaginary forest so they might surprise us ^^;
Jun 14, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode explaining further the whole "queen" business.

Not to ruin the moment, but... how did Shion get pregnant? O.o
Jun 14, 2014 11:26 AM

May 2013
Great cover, and this episode really did Azami's backstory tremendously well. And geez, that ending clip...

SETO! Why are you a descendent of that dude that attacked Azami! Huwhy?!
reverserealityJun 14, 2014 11:29 AM
Jun 14, 2014 11:27 AM

Aug 2011
Imagination Forest cover with Marry's encounter with Seto was quite lovely. Very refreshing after the depressing back story of Azami's family. Can't wait for the next week's episode!
Jun 14, 2014 11:28 AM

Jan 2014
pakoko said:

That's the same thing I was thinking! I just hope that it wasn't my 2nd thought though cause that would be nasty!
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jun 14, 2014 11:29 AM

Dec 2012
Now we can say it was a great episode,finally.
What was with the dubstep music anyway? Oh,Shaft.
Jun 14, 2014 11:45 AM

Jan 2014
Was a pretty good pacing for me. It left me satisfied just like when I saw Headphone Actor episode.

5/5
Recommend me an anime
Jun 14, 2014 11:49 AM

Mar 2013
Dang really glad I watched this all through, was really rough in the beginning but everything is finally coming together. Solid episode cannot wait for how everything concludes.
Jun 14, 2014 11:49 AM

Feb 2012
The ending was really ominous especially with the appearance of Konoha again... I hope if doesn't end up the way I suspect (@_@)

Oh, but the way the did the eye abilities with Azami was awesome, since all the ones that Azami used were the ones that were inherited by the Mekakushi Dan

I hope they cover Ene and Shintarou's situation next episode... but judging from the title (Moon Viewing Recital), it might just be featuring Momo and Hibiya.
Reality is better than memories.
A reality where I exist and you're right here next to me.

-Yano Motoharu
Jun 14, 2014 11:52 AM

May 2012
WHUUUT. The snake's voice was Miyano Mamoru right? I'm sure. But Haruka's also Mamo-chan... And, Marry's eye color is the same as Haruka's... Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
Jun 14, 2014 11:58 AM

May 2012
Great episode. I'm enjoying this series the more I watch and see the story being presented piece by piece.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jun 14, 2014 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
Great episode, the more I watch the more I love. I really wish for a longer series where they explain everything in more depth.

Always love the song although I always liked the original. :3

Oh yeah we saw the guy who looked exactly like Seto?

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jun 14, 2014 12:05 PM

Apr 2014
I wish this anime was 2 cour so it could have gotten more into character development and deeper into the story never the less MCA has gotten better each episode. Although there was a couple of hiccups the show is good. If anything is flawed i blame Jin tbh and not Shaft except for the cgi.
Jun 14, 2014 12:21 PM

Jun 2013
uran10 said:
pakoko said:

That's the same thing I was thinking! I just hope that it wasn't my 2nd thought though cause that would be nasty!

Right? Let's just say that a stork dropped it off to her lol
Jun 14, 2014 12:25 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Loved this episode, Mary got screentime!
Change from Shinigami Record to Marie No Kakuu Sekai for the ending, a lot of things revealed from just that.
Info dump of things I never knew, I didn't think Shion and Mary went into the daze at all... just assumed Shion died after using her powers. I always thought it was hereditary that Mary got Azami's powers, but it appears not, and that Azami just gave it to her in the daze.

Looks like Seto (Maybe a relative) was one of the people who tried hunting Azami, the one who lived.

Age of the characters, since people may not know... and not sure if spoiler or not, but will tag just in case

Mary is the queen.
Jun 14, 2014 12:30 PM

Dec 2013
Alright episode. Imagination Forest being what got me into Kagepro I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed at this episode. It was good, but I just don't feel the same atmosphere that the song/video achieved if that makes sense?
Anyway, it was still a good ep and the insert song was great as usual. I didn't get why they showed Seto with one headphone plugged in before Mary having both though.. Moon-viewing Recital next!
Jun 14, 2014 12:40 PM

Apr 2013
Good episode. Way better than the others.
Shaft really love giant talking snakes.
And dang, I love Seto. Brave enough for a coward little boy!
I'm somewhat scared to see Kuroha. I want it to end with Summertime Record, but I guess it won't happen.
Jun 14, 2014 12:54 PM

Nov 2012
I see now so all the characters each have one of the "monster's" powers.
Jun 14, 2014 1:21 PM

Mar 2014
This was a great episode compared to the previous few! 5/5 would watch again.
I still don't know how Shion got pregnant and i don't think they ever explain how either. It seems like these last few episodes are going to be pretty intense. I think with the final episode they're going to do Outer Science the first half and then Summertime Record the second half because they showed a little bit of what looks like Outer Science in the opening so i would assume they would include it somewhere.
Jun 14, 2014 1:22 PM

Oct 2011
Great episode it revealed a lot of things.
I really hope that they will adapt Outer Science or introduce Kuroha at least.
Jun 14, 2014 1:33 PM

May 2012
Yes! Been waiting for this song, the song that hard first introduced me to Kagerou Project. Wonder how they'll make it work with just two episodes left

Jun 14, 2014 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
that was pretty depressing but really interesting. so more questions are answered.

when i saw marry sitting at the top of the tower i kept thinking she was rapunzel.

so i guess they're all bound to meet next episode. looking forward to it
Jun 14, 2014 2:32 PM

Mar 2009
Well, that was certainly an interesting episode this week. I really liked it.
Jun 14, 2014 3:36 PM

Jun 2008
Who would've thought that Souzou Forest becomes one of my favourite episodes.

I really liked the BGM and that cover of Souzou Forest.

Shion and Azami's backstory was really sad. I haven't really searched anything about Tsukihiko, but has it been mentioned anywhere whether he died of old age or was there some other cause? And I thing Marry's father hasn't been metioned?

Just wondering why they made the house look like that. Also, didn't really like the fact that those men (or weren't they boys in the novel?) died in the forest instead in front of the house where Seto should've seen them (and still be a BA and approach Marry, despite the possible consequences). Just my preference.

I guess since that snake who talked in this episode is the one who

Konoha's still a cutiepie.

Really great episode so now I'm really waiting to see what they're going to do with Otsukimi Recital.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ZelotJun 14, 2014 8:13 PM
Jun 14, 2014 4:19 PM

Jun 2013
Ahhh snap! I know where this story is going for sure thanks to the confirmation when Mary was talking at the end of the credits. This was a great episode for the newer audience who doesn't know the original story since its starting to connect the pieces together.

Tbh, Shaft did a solid job fitting a story that was based on a collection of songs in their own way. They told it kinda like how they did the Madoka series where everything doesn't make sense until the last chunk of episodes.
Jun 14, 2014 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
Nice to the story about Azami, Marry and Marry's mother "Shino". The story was pretty sad.
Jun 14, 2014 4:39 PM
Nov 2013
The first half the episode was so beautiful, and kinda freaky too. I guess that's why the story about the monster after the end of the episodes before were important (good thing I didn't skip them, my dumbass brother did and was super confused)
Jun 14, 2014 4:47 PM

Feb 2013
Really cool episode. So Mary was the granddaughter of the monster, and....wow....I feel like I got a bit of info overload. The last couple of episodes have felt that way.
Jun 14, 2014 4:53 PM

May 2014
Did Shion have sex with her dad, or could someone tell me how she got pregnant.
Jun 14, 2014 5:10 PM

Dec 2012
oh my god,

Azami's story always makes me cry... but then i was glad to see Seto and Mary's first encounter.

at the end, i loved to see my two favorite characters becoming friends... Konoha and Marry.<3
Jun 14, 2014 5:24 PM

Nov 2013
Kazataro said:

Considering she's been stuck inside that tower, either it was incest, or it was the so called "immaculate conception" I guess... but shush...

People will start to trash talking about you if you keep pointing these things out...
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jun 14, 2014 6:08 PM

Jan 2014
Wow, what a sad episode, I feel bad for Marry :( .
Jun 14, 2014 6:17 PM

Aug 2008
DarkMoonWolf said:
Kazataro said:

Considering she's been stuck inside that tower, either it was incest, or it was the so called "immaculate conception" I guess... but shush...

People will start to trash talking about you if you keep pointing these things out...
It was most likely a stork that delivered Marry to Shion like the legends said.
Jun 14, 2014 6:35 PM
Jan 2013
destructo22 said:
DarkMoonWolf said:

hell no, stop that incest, not there was!!!. Shion was not locked up all time in that house, she lived with her father and once died her father, she lived with human, she found a man who loved, and had Mary, most likely that once her husband died, return to her home with her daughter to protect her.
Jun 14, 2014 6:45 PM
Apr 2014
It just occurred to me that Seto probably has the music player on hand to help him block out other people's thoughts, given his power o__o
Jun 14, 2014 7:06 PM

Nov 2012
LMAO holy shit I just realized the incest thing.
Jun 14, 2014 7:21 PM

Aug 2012
Dam that was a sad episode, poor Marry.
Jun 14, 2014 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
Interesting story with Mary's Grandmother.
My Candies:
Jun 14, 2014 7:53 PM

Oct 2012
Chokko said:

huehuehuehuehue

Maemi-mje said:
destructo22 said:

hell no, stop that incest, not there was!!!. Shion was not locked up all time in that house, she lived with her father and once died her father, she lived with human, she found a man who loved, and had Mary, most likely that once her husband died, return to her home with her daughter to protect her.

Actually, Tsukihiko would have died when Shion was still a toddler. If Shion had a child as toddler, Mary and her would look the same age, but they don't. I remember reading somewhere that Shion ages every 100 years, and Mary ages every 10 years.
Jun 14, 2014 8:15 PM

Jun 2013
EpicCh33se said:
Chokko said:

huehuehuehuehue

Maemi-mje said:

Actually, Tsukihiko would have died when Shion was still a toddler. If Shion had a child as toddler, Mary and her would look the same age, but they don't. I remember reading somewhere that Shion ages every 100 years, and Mary ages every 10 years.

So could the past version of Seto or that Seto look-alike that came to hunt the monster be the father? In which case Seto and Marry would be cousins/siblings?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.