Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2014 2:11 PM

Jul 2012
Enju is love. Whatever they do with the show doesn't matter as long as Enju is well :3
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Apr 22, 2014 2:18 PM

Mar 2014
Blackbird said:
Indeed, pace was so fast and I'm getting a bit confused what is going on. :D

i agree, me2.
Apr 22, 2014 2:19 PM

Dec 2013
Well, what can i say... That escaleted quickly!, awesome episode though.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Apr 22, 2014 2:22 PM

Feb 2014
Wish that Rentaro was actually killed just because that would have been one amazing plot twist, but I'm sure there will be loads of them to come. I thought this anime would have been more fast paced but it's a bit slow for me, hope it picks up soon
"Even if we lose by 100 points, there's still a chance a meteor will strike the other team's bench in the last second"

- Kuroko Tetsuya
Apr 22, 2014 2:26 PM
Oct 2013
Rentarou didn't get to reveal his vast knowledge on gastrea types and this episode depicted shougen as evil because he killed another civil security pair. In the manga, Kayo refers to killing people who will turn into gastrea as murder. I'm kinda annoyed because later on I felt bad for Shoungen because he wasn't that bad of a guy.

Overall, the episode felt extremely rushed and much of the dialogue was cut, especially the interaction between Rentarou and Kayo.
Apr 22, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2013
Teira27 said:
Wish that Rentaro was actually killed just because that would have been one amazing plot twist, but I'm sure there will be loads of them to come. I thought this anime would have been more fast paced but it's a bit slow for me, hope it picks up soon
With "killed" u mean killed like Eren?Just a random thought. And i don't think they could possibly rush this more, i mean, i'm not even familiarized with the LN but this feels rushed as hell!
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Apr 22, 2014 2:41 PM
Aug 2012
is rentoru imortal he shld have died the operation 10 yrs ago is he not human?
Apr 22, 2014 2:56 PM

Mar 2014
6 months injury healed in 1 day. I call hax.
Apr 22, 2014 3:13 PM

Jul 2012
Rentarou has probably been modified like the masked antagonist. The pacing's a bit too quick, but next episode should be quite exciting.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 22, 2014 3:23 PM

Apr 2014
Damn! He just got up and started walking after being stabbed on both sides, shot and fell into the river after less than two days lol~
Apr 22, 2014 3:28 PM
Feb 2013
delulytric said:
They cut off a lot from the manga... But nevertheless well done.

Agree
Apr 22, 2014 3:53 PM

Aug 2013
All that episode reminded me of The Last of Us :P

Damn, now I want to know more on Rentaro past. How did he got so injured that they had to require ''that thing''? And also, what is ''that thing'' she putted in him, the surgeon? I guess it is related to his weird power. Also, no normal human could survive after being that much injured.

Masked guy is a sneaky bastard. That shock wave looked sooo painful, to have your bones and body crushed against a rock... :/

Cute Enjou is back on the ride and now there is even another loli! Rentarou, you weird pimp :P
Her Prtotector look like an asshole though, asking her to kill other participant so they don't get the price. At least, do the dirty job yourself -__-
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 22, 2014 3:55 PM

Jan 2013
This show is such crap! I'm so done with this

ichii_1 said:
Stage 5 can destroy the world in hours if they wanted to but they don't, because good old plot never fails.

Next tiime Rentarou kills Shougen and takes his loli muhahaha now that would be beyond epic :D

That would actually be better than what they're doing now, I can't this show seriously anymore. Why not go full comedy?

Apr 22, 2014 3:59 PM

Jul 2013
Sweet jesus that was rushed. Damn fast recovery by Satomi lol, but meh at that part.
some really nice development between Enju and Satomi :D I liked that.
Kagetane's 'Maximum Pain' is just like Pain's 'Almighty Push'
"Papa! Enju ran away! I want to cut her!" - lol -___ - Kohina
Yehh they introduced Shogen's initiator, Senju Kayo :) Enju getting jelleh :/
A lot was cut if I were to compare it to the manga ver. (no idea what the LN was like.)
Dem feels. Time for a possible final battle against Kagetane :O
Apr 22, 2014 4:15 PM

Dec 2011
Now that I have read the manga, I hate that a lot of moments are rushed and cut especially with Kisara, where she is supposed to be crying at Rentaro's side, but it wasn't shown at all. >.<

From the pacing they are going, I think the series will only have 12-13 episodes. >_<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2014 4:22 PM
Apr 2014
Disclaimer I have not read the light novel only the manga adaptation

As a lot of people have been saying way too rushed; no matter what the manga has compared to the light novel from an objective stand point it is too rushed.

Personally I feel the characters haven't been around long enough for a viewer to feel emotionally attached, making rentaro's death (and in the previous episode where enju is ostracized) seem a lot more anti-climactic than it should have been.

I have personal qualms about this because this title introduces so many interesting conflicts such as discrimination, prejudice, and moral ambiguity in general. Since I have not read the LN I cannot say for certain whether or not the Anime is focusing too much on the plot and not doing enough justice to the subplots that are introduced. From reading the manga, I believe that the subplots are well organized and explored. The reason this is a problem for me is because in general the plot is pretty boring and not super fleshed out. What should have made this title different is the development of the characters and their relationships with one another using the plot as a backdrop.

Question for anyone who read the light novel regarding Shogen just answer
Apr 22, 2014 4:31 PM

Sep 2012
it feels like I've already seen a handful of episodes by ep.3
I'm really enjoying this series and the feels for the kidz <3
Apr 22, 2014 4:59 PM

Aug 2013
Good thing I haven't read the manga...well I did but it was so long ago that I've already forgotten about it XD! I can at least enjoy this even though some parts don't make sense. You guys should just try to see this as a different kind of adaptation or else you'll only get disappointed like you are now. Constantly comparing it to the manga/LN will just make things worse. At least try to enjoy it as it is until you can no longer endure and drop it. It's less painful that way :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Apr 22, 2014 5:00 PM

Apr 2014
Its to fast paced I think they skip a lot from the manga.
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
-Winston Churchill
Apr 22, 2014 5:08 PM

Dec 2011
The giant spider can fly... it's a flying spidah!
That part about "even if the world doesn't accept you/need you" bla bla feels like i have heard it many times before in other anime lol
Wow... shot, smashed in that boulder and stabbed so many times, but he Rentaro's still standing, that's some super endurance and damage reduction abilities he has there.
That stage 4 looked like a T-Rex, shark and chicken all put together lol.
Overall a decent episode and I would've loved to seen more action in it.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 22, 2014 5:23 PM

Sep 2013
does the main character has a special ability to heal supper fast or something? is that what they did '10 years ago' in that surgery? also, it went by really fast, i am a little confuse too since the mask guy at first wanted him and now he 'killed' him wtf?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Apr 22, 2014 5:30 PM

Dec 2013
Whoo! Nice episode!

Looks like Enju and Rentaro's relationship is good again.
Though, all that ostracizing and prejudice is really getting on my nerves.

On another note, Kagetane is seriously not one to mess with.
Actually, neither of them. With all that stabbing and shooting and whatnot.
I'm sort of surprised it only took him a day and a few hours to recover.
Then again, this is anime. Anything can happen.

Or maybe, just maybe, Rentaro isn't human after all?
Huh, that'd be a nice plot twist...probably.

Looks like Seitenshi-sama is clearly 'cereal' about the chase.
Also, another loli makes an appearance!

Hmm...Now I'm kinda curious about Rentaro's past after what happened in that scene.

REALIZATION: Another episode, please!? :3
Apr 22, 2014 5:36 PM

Mar 2013
The pacing is a bit ridiculous this ep...
I swear this ep went like this for the first 5 minutes or so: Sumire's lab -> Enju's School -> Unknown Forest Area -> Hospital
WTF happened to Rintaro's injuries?! He received like a bullet wound in his upper-right chest + Hiruko's technigue " Maximum Pain" + 2 major stab wounds near his abdomen area + another bullet wound around center of chest + falling down a cliff = Worst Day Ever
Also, did any of you laugh when Enju carried Rentaro when running away from the Stage 4 Gastrea?! Hahah, I bloody LOL'd like hell watching a Loli character carry a grown man.
Apr 22, 2014 5:48 PM

Jul 2012
So will the dolphin model eventually become his second partner I wonder?

Great episode!!!
Apr 22, 2014 5:59 PM

May 2013
The pacing in this series is just too random, and it gets really annoying at times >_>
Apr 22, 2014 6:02 PM

Jan 2014
that was quick, want to know more about the masked guy....
Wanna listen to some good OP/ED songs? Head over to my profile!
Apr 22, 2014 6:13 PM

Dec 2013
Too fast-paced and kinda boring. I liked the ending though
Apr 22, 2014 6:30 PM

Nov 2007
So it seems like Rentarou has a special body that recovers from fatal injuries. The sensei gave him a choice to make 10 years ago and I am sure it has definitely something to do with him recovering so quickly.

Enju sees Rentarou as her family and so does Rentarou. I hope they remain like that :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 22, 2014 6:34 PM

Apr 2014
They cut quite a lot from the LN, kayo was suppose to be more cynical and mature but they totally ruined it. I'm guessing they are trying to fit four novels into 12 episodes, but it is impossible for black bullet since in the original novel basically every scene have a very important purpose. Overall bad adaptation, they have one of the best LN ever written and they messed up, don't have your hopes too high people.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Apr 22, 2014 6:41 PM
Nov 2013
A great episode indeed, but even haven't read the source material and you can tell it's super fast. I want to read the manga but I don't want it to ruin my enjoyment.
Apr 22, 2014 6:50 PM
Apr 2014
Read the manga. It's nearly caught up, next episode will catch up LOL. If every episode was 30 minutes, it'd honestly fit this series better >.>...aka another episode is needed instead of the 4 we will get this arc
Apr 22, 2014 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
Action packed & a good ep. I'm loving this anime a lot now, it was fast pace im noticed a couple of scenes that just whaaaa, that quick? The monsters designed is pretty cool looking in the ep but one thing bother me the most is how rentaro back on his feet after just 1 day recovery of getting stab & shot maybe hes not a normal human i think.
Apr 22, 2014 6:54 PM

Jul 2013
RuinsInTheWind said:
Poor Kisara gets shafted AGAIN XD (she's missing SEVERAL scenes... (in the light novel when Rentaro wakes up, he sees how beautiful Kisara is when she was crying, and he asks "is this heaven?" "This is hell, you idiot Rentaro." (LOL) Rooftop scene cut. Seitenshi got cut a bit too :P... when the kids confront Enju, the scene should have been longer. Rentaro's past encounter with Sumire/Doctor was cut a LOT. (I know why they cut certain parts though, it'll be explained anyways). Rentaro should also have made a terminator reference when talking to the doctor (sumire is a western movie collector, when he say's ill be back in like possibly the worst imitation, Sumire LOSES HER SHIT XD) (should have been more emotional, Sumire lost her lover in the war, and lost her way for quite a while). When they are wandering the outer regions in the forest, you should be feeling a sense of dread, something unnaturally wrong with the forest (Gastrea have taken over the entire forest) It should feel alien, and insanity should have been setting in for our two heros. Yea, they cut quite a bit :P
"Komugi, are you there?"

Apr 22, 2014 6:56 PM

Nov 2013
Although the pacing is quick, the episode itself was awesome.
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Apr 22, 2014 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
damnit after i started to read the manga i knew it was gonna happen But they sure as hell are rushing this a lot of scenes got taken out matter of them explaining them later on i don't know

little worried when i run out of chapters to read
Apr 22, 2014 7:03 PM

Aug 2013
So far i really like the character developments in this show.

The story is ok so far, I'm hoping it will get more interesting. So far seems like its been really fast paced.
My Candies:
Apr 22, 2014 7:10 PM

Jan 2011
I mostly dislike the fact that apparently nobody besides Rentaro feels that the cursed children are persons. Well, that one teacher probably. Regular people think of them as Gastrea, and the other initiators treat them as tools, as weapons.

Unless severly indoctrinated, shouldn't kids that did not experience an Gastrea attack be more like "Gastrea, thats something bad, right? No way Enju has something to do with this, she's my best friend!" ? At least some... Either they get told a lot about Gastrea everyday by their teachers and parents etc., or they got a crash course on it once the teachers found out about Enju.

And that there is no adult (except Rentaro and the teacher) that treats them either as person, or more abstract as "hope" or anything. Or even fear, but not because they may become Gastrea, but because they can kill you before you can say "Gastrea" even/especially as they are now.

They didn't mention a single actual case of one of the cursed children to turn into Gastrea (though there probably were), and apparently even the kids that get bullied do not harm humans, as that wasn't mentioned either.

The universal hate seems a bit far-fetched given this and that most people probably didn't see a live Gastrea in the last 10 years or so.
Apr 22, 2014 7:18 PM
Apr 2014
Gastrea do make their way through the monoliths actually. For example, the spider gastrea this episode was actually a person infected outside the monoliths, but when they came into the city to seek aid, they turned. Also, the child bullying Enju mentioned their parents got killed during the war (in the ln/manga his father lost his leg and is a drunkard beating the mother).

Also not mentioned is that the children were mostly afraid, like children who are uneducated about aids. There were a few bullies jeering the main person on, but most were actually just hanging back unsure of what to do. Basically the Gastrea virus is a bit like aids. You can only get it through extreme contact like major blood transfer, major contact with bodily fluids, example/intercourse. Most of them were afraid of "catching the disease". And being ostracized by their parents/bullies/teachers/friends.

Don't forget Seitenshi also regards the cursed children as what they truly are, children. There are a few people, but as you can see, far between. Actually will become a plot point later on, the Gastrea Laws.

Also, the elder is a person who regards them as people needing care (episode 2, Mizusaki something along those lines I believe). He didn't have to help the cursed children, he was raising them of his own accord. There was absolutely no benefit for him to do so, but he did it anyways.

The doctor (whom treated the shot cursed child in episode two), although he was a bit aloof or seemingly uncaring, also treated the cursed child. He could have turned Rentaro away, but he didn't. (Of course, Rentaro paid for the treatment. Stil,l in this world, it would be unsurprising for the doctor to just say "nope, no can do". Mentioned in the light novel he was an old doctor about to retire. He obviously has seen it all, and most doctors that age become more aloof, due to experience of bitterness in trying to save/losing so many lives.

The teacher, yea he cared a bit...although he was nervously wiping himself off with a handkerchief, as you can see, society does not take kindly to anything Gastrea related. The police display a particular breed of incompetence in all adaptations. The teacher tells Rentaro it was not his place to say anything, but Rentaro should go see Enju. But Rentaro was lost in thought at the time/confused, and instructed the teacher on giving Enju her shot.

Finally, Sumire is the person Rentaro seeks for advice. She doles out all the philosophical bullshit/religion/higher purpose, until Rentaro snaps that Enju was a child, nothing more nothing less. Of course, this amuses Sumire, who immediately points out that he was correct. (Don't make such a simple problem so complicated!) So Sumire was also a person who "gets it".

So there ARE people who care about cursed children, you just had to be paying attention. (I do admit the Anime rushes too hard sometimes, and can be hard to notice.)

Most Civil Security, mentioned in the light novel, are scum of society/criminals/mercs, so it's no surprise most treat their initiators like shit.
RuinsInTheWindApr 22, 2014 7:56 PM
Apr 22, 2014 7:27 PM

Aug 2013
I think it is getting better as the season moves on. It is clearly based on great source material. I may have to pick up the manga.
Apr 22, 2014 7:30 PM

Mar 2013
Enju was amazing this episode!
Apr 22, 2014 7:44 PM

Apr 2013
Ehh, don't really wanna say this for the nth time, but this show's pace is too fast for its own good. A shame, because some of those scenes could have been pretty good if given enough time to be properly developed and played out, especially the drama regarding Enju.
Rentarou surviving that beating was silly, though maybe he's not exactly human as the quick surgery flashback implies.
I do like how the show opted for a "perma-dark" tone after the first episode, however, and I quite like the OST as well. All in all, if it slows the fuck down it has the potential to be pretty good.
Apr 22, 2014 7:45 PM
Oct 2010
People think this show is moving quickly? I guess I'm in the minority here when I say it feels like they are just getting to the point rather than dragging shit out like SnK or other actions do.
Apr 22, 2014 7:48 PM
Apr 2014
Man my explanation above should explain so much that they left out lol... well this show is powerful enough that I'm even discussing this in detail LOL.
Apr 22, 2014 7:55 PM

Oct 2013
good episode, i;m banking on the hope that there is a reason rentarou can take so many wounds, otherwise i'll be a bit disappointed
Apr 22, 2014 7:56 PM
Apr 2014
KHRoxas, you won't be dissapointed. It's coming XD I'll give you a push in the right direction. In episode 3, watch the scene when he is leaving for the Kategone hunt, and he visits his Sensei/Sumire. Every part of the scene is important.
RuinsInTheWindApr 22, 2014 8:07 PM
Apr 22, 2014 8:00 PM

Sep 2013
I think Rentarou had his organs or something transplanted with Varanium just like Hiroko (masked guy) has which explains his recovery, strength and why Hisoko is interested in him for some reason, maybe he gives out the same scent or aura.
ichii_1Apr 22, 2014 8:03 PM
Apr 22, 2014 8:03 PM
Mar 2009
First half was kind of boring and then second half was just wtf this pacing just picked up really quickly.

So...does Rentarou has regenerative powers? Cause he definitely got both kidneys pierced through and then took a bullet to his thoracic cavity. Oh, and he jumped out of a fucking helicopter at a 10 story drop. What the actual fuck?

So Gastrea come in variants that aren't insect-based.

A little bit of infodumping, but then more questions were raised which kind of offset it again.
Apr 22, 2014 8:10 PM

Jul 2010
The pacing is too damn fast.Before i started enjoying some of scenes, they were already all finished...
Apr 22, 2014 8:13 PM
Apr 2014
@ChronoXIII Yea he mentioned in the light novel he was lucky to even be alive after falling more than 20 feet in the air. Most people die/break bones at that height. He tried to land feet first, and somehow broke his fall. That master chief luck.
Apr 22, 2014 8:16 PM

May 2012
words are so cheesy in this series..

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

397 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

520 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.