Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai' Receives Anime Adaptation [Update 1/17]

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 16, 2014 10:56 AM

Nov 2011
GuiltyKing said:
Hahalollawl said:
Red_Keys said:
mrspiral said:
I knew that Nidhoeggr would be shitposting in this thread even without opening it. How did I know? Well that's because that's every fucking LN news thread.
I hate to sound like a white knight, but he usually posts in every news announcement thread. I think people have the right to post their first impressions of shows that are announced, good or bad.

I don't see how giving your initial opinion on a show in a thread dedicated to the announcement of that show is considered shitposting. If you go by that logic, every positive statement about this announcement is equal as much "shitposting", as well as everybody arguing with him over quality or whatever.

He has multiple posts on the first page of the thread and you would have us believe those are all his "first impressions" or "initial opinion" of this show's announcement? Have you read them? Nice try but no.

Besides, you contradicted yourself with the arguing about quality thing. Unless you think him arguing about quality is him giving his "first impressions".

It's more entertaining to see Nid make fun of shitty light novels than reading dozens of "will watch" "won't watch" "bla bla boobies" posts.

Making fun of light novels he hasn't read*

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Apr 16, 2014 11:13 AM

Apr 2009
Zefyris said:

While I agree that enjoyment and quality aren't the same thing, you're in the wrong in believing that you can even become remotely close of being objective while judging quality. Just like enjoyment, judging quality is an act completely subjective. you can take all the time you want to consider every single part of what composed the show before concluding, take in consideration the purpose of the work (and by doing that you'll be indeed the closest possible of being objective, on that I agree) it won't change a damn thing in the end. Your evaluation will be completely subjective.
Why? For several reasons. One of them being that no matter how much you try, the weighting of all items used in your evaluation will vary from person to person. Even if you make that weighting vary depending on the show's purpose (on which I agree to do), the final decision for each item's weight in the overal rating will be personal. And completely subjective.
Same goes for the list of items you consider. Do you regroup item X with item Y in you evaluation or not. Like evaluation music and voice acting separately or not. Animation and graphism/background details. Plot and character development. And so on. Depending on how much value you put in each that decision will vary.
And the more you try to be detailed in the notation, the worse it gets by introducing decisions on sub-items. So this CANNOT be solved objectively.

And obviously, deciding to have all items with the same weight (like 10 pts for each of the 10 item list" ) is even further away of being objective and is a subjective decision in itself.
Consensus about each item's weight as well as the list of considered item won't make you closer of being objective either. This is, after all, just the majority's opinion, and the majority's taste don't (and by far) equal objectivity.

The problem of some persons here (and in other places as well, obviously) is that they are being delusional about being able to judge a work objectively just by thinking enough about it. That's not possible. Those people should get over it already and stop looking down on every things that they don't approve of as if it was an absolute fact that it's bad.

I'd prefer the term critical instead because I assume it is obvious that complete objectivity is nothing but an utopian ideal nobody can accomplish. However, we can pursue said ideal and the willingness of entering this endeavor is what seperates blindly consuming from actually analyzing.

rederoin said:

If I don't like something, then in my opinion, it can't be the best. This is common sense. Who the hell would praise a show they don't even enjoy/like?

One of my ex-girlfriends HATED Casablanca with a passion, yet she admitted it was one of the most influental and best romance movies of all time. Scientists usually try to seperate their personal opinion and analyze a specific subject, relation or whatever as critical as possible. I personally greatly dislike Shingeki and Psychopass, yet gave them both 7/10 because I think they are very well crafted in aspects. Lots of people irl I know seperate their OPINION from a more critical perspective, or at least aknowledge the validity of this approach.
In that sense, people who priorize enjoyment over everything are the ones who are narrowminded and anti-intellectual.

Red_Keys said:
I hate to sound like a white knight, but he usually posts in every news announcement thread. I think people have the right to post their first impressions of shows that are announced, good or bad.

I don't see how giving your initial opinion on a show in a thread dedicated to the announcement of that show is considered shitposting. If you go by that logic, every positive statement about this announcement is equal as much "shitposting", as well as everybody arguing with him over quality or whatever.

Speaking of shiposting, your post didn't even mention anything about this show and is literally off topic.

You echo what I said earlier and since we are on that topic I must say that, even though we almost always disagree on the evaluation of certain series like Guilty Crown, the discussions were more interesting than all the tons of ad hominem users like the ones you mentioned throw around. At least we try to discuss arguments, however heated they might become in the process.

rederoin said:

Making fun of light novels he hasn't read*

I try to read at least the first few chapters of every LN/manga that get an adaption announced. I also read the first Twilight books (The romance is actually better than SAO) and always watch at least one or two episodes of an adaption before dropping it. I give it a chance to impress me. However, my patience with literature is way smaller than my patience with manga or anime because I HATE bad literature. And sadly, most LN are exactly that.
And it's not like you cannot judge LN by their cover 90% of the time, that's exactly the problem: The way too obvious pandering. The fact that I CAN judge them by their cover and be somewhat correct most of the time is the main problem. Or selling point, if you are really in need for some ego stroking through pulp fiction.
NidhoeggrApr 16, 2014 11:23 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 16, 2014 11:28 AM
Feb 2012
Hahalollawl said:
GuiltyKing said:

It's more entertaining to see Nid make fun of shitty light novels than reading dozens of "will watch" "won't watch" "bla bla boobies" posts.

More entertaining than boobies? What is this, crazy talk!?

It's more entertaining than TALKING about boobies. The real thing is a different story of course.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 16, 2014 11:44 AM
May 2013
GuiltyKing said:

It's more entertaining than TALKING about boobies. The real thing is a different story of course.

Rather discuss boobies personally but to each his own.
Apr 16, 2014 11:58 AM
Feb 2012
Hahalollawl said:
GuiltyKing said:

Rather discuss boobies personally but to each his own.

But why only talk about boobies if you can go and get some in RL?
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 18, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2008
A little late but..

You can like what you like people, just don't raise it some god-like standard and dismiss any and all constructive criticism as "trolling". If MAL users were a little more open minded, we'd have a far more civil place to foster worthwhile discussion that leads to a better appreciation of anime as a whole instead of the constant circlejerking that far too often occurs especially when it comes to LNs.

NOTHING is without flaw, even series of high quality. Perfection is a purely Utopian ideal while we can all work to strive for it, it will be forever out of our collective reach. But just because something is heavily flawed, does not mean that somebody out there can not find it enjoyable.

On-Topic: May not watch, we'll see.
Jan 17, 2015 3:26 AM

Nov 2007
News Update
The studio will be Silver Link.

Source: Yaraon
NaruleachJan 17, 2015 11:31 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 17, 2015 3:32 AM

Aug 2013
Eahh Another harem novel?...

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Jan 17, 2015 3:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Haine15 said:
Eahh Another harem novel?...
if it ain't broke, don't fix it
Jan 17, 2015 4:07 AM

Nov 2012
Jan 17, 2015 4:11 AM

Jan 2012
CreamyKagarin said:
How can you say no to that face?~
http://krytykal.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/TMG_v06_cover.jpg

No. that's not kawaii .

Jan 17, 2015 4:12 AM

Mar 2009
It has Kippu's art, I'm interested in that at least.
Jan 17, 2015 4:31 AM

Dec 2013
*sigh
Yet ANOTHER harem -_-
Jan 17, 2015 4:38 AM

Jun 2013
Doesn't really bother me that much that its another harem novel but the plot seems very generic for school novel whit magic
Jan 17, 2015 4:41 AM

May 2012
Action + Ecchi is always good.
Jan 17, 2015 4:48 AM

Feb 2009
This is on my short list of things to read. Time to get started on it before the anime airs.

Mod Edit: Post modified since thread merged. Thanks for noticing!
KinetaJan 17, 2015 11:46 AM
Jan 17, 2015 5:02 AM

Nov 2014
the novel is quite good IMO, even if it's harem
Jan 17, 2015 5:08 AM

Nov 2011
There's also another series to be animated by Silver Link that was announced today too but that also had a previous news topic made. And as for this show, I wonder if it will debut for Summer.
Stark700Jan 17, 2015 5:14 AM
Jan 17, 2015 5:16 AM

Oct 2013
Harem + Ecchi = Must watch
xD
Jan 17, 2015 5:17 AM
Jul 2018
another harem anime, good
Jan 17, 2015 5:40 AM

Jul 2011
Something felt familiar with the art style. Turns out it's the same as Nourin's
Jan 17, 2015 5:59 AM

Sep 2013
Thank god, one Mahouka wasn't enough.
Jan 17, 2015 6:55 AM

Apr 2011
I've read a few chapters of the manga, not that interesting thought. But I'll give the anime a shot.
Jan 17, 2015 7:02 AM
Aug 2014
Not what I'm interested in
I guess I'll pass this
Jan 17, 2015 7:59 AM

Aug 2010
Doesn't look interesting at all, I'll pass.
Jan 17, 2015 8:30 AM

Jan 2014
I have the LN in my PtR for a long time,might give it a try before the anime.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of modified post.
KinetaJan 17, 2015 11:48 AM
Jan 17, 2015 8:43 AM

Mar 2012
Stop it Silver Link, don`t waste your money on this garbage.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jan 17, 2015 9:14 AM

Jul 2012
G_Spark233 said:
*sigh
Yet ANOTHER harem -_-

sad to know that that's what we've been getting most these days... harem and ecchi... *sigh*
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jan 17, 2015 9:25 AM

Mar 2014
Bad Silver Link! Bad! You should be doing more Fate/kaleids, and Non Non Biyoris and more Fate/kaleids! Damn, what a waste of a great studio.
Jan 17, 2015 9:44 AM
Aug 2011
will only watch if Matsuoka voices the male lead
Jan 17, 2015 10:07 AM
May 2012
parfaited said:
will only watch if Matsuoka voices the male lead

I just finished Trinity Seven a while ago......and this would be cool.
Well, might watch this. Anime like this are fun to watch.
Jan 17, 2015 11:52 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Thread merged and cleaned.

Sorry for the double thread and thanks for letting us know!

I've also cleaned out a lot of baiting posts. Please try to express your disinterest and/or dislike for something without using words such as "shit", "crap" and "garbage". Have a little respect and consideration for those who may be happy about the news.
KinetaJan 17, 2015 12:24 PM
Jan 17, 2015 12:10 PM

Mar 2014
Kineta said:
Please try to express your disinterest and/or dislike for something with using words such as "shit", "crap" and "garbage".

Pretty sure that's what we are doing. Make up your mind!
Jan 17, 2015 12:24 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Har har Paulo, edited :P Darn typos...
Aug 13, 2015 7:16 PM

Jul 2012
Aug 13, 2015 8:33 PM

May 2013
RyanSaotome said:

Anime IS a niche medium that has no real reason to expand outwards. Why should "Normal" people get into a medium aimed at nerds in the first place? Not everything has to become all watered down and mainstream friendly.

The industry is doing better than it ever has since 2006. Theres no reason to mess with success.

I see plebs don't remember the pre-Evangelion era.
Aug 16, 2015 5:18 AM

May 2014
LastChapter said:
I really love the action and plot in this series, will definitely look forward to seeing the anime adaption.

glad to see him here....from the 3 goddesses..
but I see him everytime

Glad to see TV adaptation...looking forward to it..I want o see Mistletein,and Takeru in action..and if your problem is about the fanservice, its just the author likes bo*bs.

Not only looking forward to 35th platoon but also to the TV adaptations of other LN...really great season for me.

people..look forward for the longer it drags..the better it gets(btw..the anime is until volume 9 and the LN itself continues for 2-digits-->enough proof to be worth watching..expected cutscenes tho~)

the manga is lacking,i know, but that only covers a little part of the story..
LlumiAug 24, 2015 1:47 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

1 by Badonkers »»
6 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

29 by RealNath »»
9 hours ago

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - Yesterday

0 by Aiimee »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
Yesterday, 10:30 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.