Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 5, 2014 1:04 AM
Sep 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Great chapter this time, I was in despair when i saw that robin was a doll ;(
Mar 5, 2014 1:09 AM

Dec 2012
Zoro vs Pica. Lol at Kin'emon disguised as Doflamingo.
Robin has been turned into a toy and Usopp is running away.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 5, 2014 1:12 AM

Jul 2013
Im really disappointed with usopp. As a matter of fact Im disgusted by him. How can he just leave them behind? Im still hoping for him to rethink what he's doing though.
Mar 5, 2014 1:16 AM

May 2012
Usopp is running but I'll bet he'll gonna turn back and fight, thats what Usopp is.... hope so.
Lol KineMingo..
Baby5 and Monet are my favorite in mingo's crew..

Mar 5, 2014 1:17 AM

Feb 2010
Dark_Messiah said:
Usopp is running but I'll bet he'll gonna turn back and fight, thats what Usopp is.... hope so.

Yep, always this case with Usopp.
Mar 5, 2014 1:40 AM

Nov 2013
<- Disappointed in Usopp. :(
Mar 5, 2014 1:42 AM

Oct 2009
LOL Kinemon dressed up as Mingo

I really didn't want Zoro to fight Pika...but what other choice did they have

Poor Law (╥﹏╥)

ᕙ(`皿´)╯ Fuck'n Usopp leaving Robin like that

247EyesMar 5, 2014 1:51 AM
Mar 5, 2014 3:04 AM

Jun 2010
USOPP YOU FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I hope the inner Sogeking in him wakes up. That's the only way to defeat Sugar!

I want to see Zoro fight. Hopefully next chapter.

Lol at Kin'emon.

So law can still speak even with that wound he received?

Great chapter but I hope we can see a good action sequence already.
Mar 5, 2014 3:09 AM

Jan 2014
Kinemon disguised himself as Mingo...the only part he did it right was his hairy legs lol
Usopp is really disappointing these last two chapters, but that's how he rolls. Next chapter is his time to shine.
Mar 5, 2014 3:37 AM

Jun 2012
Damn, Robin getting turned into a toy is scary as hell... if they start forgetting the crew this is gonna be a fucked up arc. I wonder if Usopp will be turned into a toy as well... if they start forgetting people like this, they might forget about the plan to knock Sugar out... and that could be really horrible because even if they defeated Doflamingo they'd still have no clue what they were doing and could just go on without ever realizing who they're leaving behing. Usopp's probably the only hope right now against Sugar... if he doesn't pull through, which I'm sure he will, then they're pretty much screwed.
Mar 5, 2014 4:02 AM
Mar 2014
Usopp is my favorite character in One Piece but now, I'm getting really pissed at him. Oda better make him that much of a coward at the moment to make him way more badass later.
Mar 5, 2014 4:27 AM

Sep 2012
Usopp must have eaten the pussy pussy no mi in that island, that's the only explanation for this shit.
Mar 5, 2014 4:38 AM

Jul 2013
At first I believed that the doll was Sugar, but that would be too easy.
I would love to see Sogeking in the next chapter
Mar 5, 2014 5:05 AM
Sep 2013
Haha, Kinemon's Doflamingo disguise.

I don't know why Robin couldn't just quickly snap Sugar's neck like she usually does to knock her out, but I guess that would be too easy.

As for Usopp, I'm expecting either the return of Sogeking or the Usopp Hammer.

And Doflamingo's losing his cool again.
Mar 5, 2014 5:11 AM

Apr 2009
Woah, Oda is really focusing on Usopp's character in this arc..

finally we will see some changes in his development!!

let's see how he'll act. I guess he'll ask Sogeking for help
I guess he forgot about Robin
Mar 5, 2014 5:57 AM

Aug 2010
Nice chapter. I'm pissed at Ussop for what's going through his mind right now =~=
But well, it can't get worse than this so hopefully from now on he'll enter his BA mode.

Didn't expect Robin to be the one to Transform into a doll but loved the way she calmly analyzed the moment. Even knowing everyone will forget her now.

Kinemon as Doflamingo was so lol XD

Mingo is pissed now XD And Baby5 crying by how Law treated her was lol. U don't have to act tsun anymore Law. Just admit u want to be with the SHs XD

Franky is definitely gonna be getting a bounty up after this arc with how he's fighting quite a lot of marines now ^^

Zoro vs Pika....hmmm...not what I was hoping for but at least he finally gets a fight. I was hoping he'd fight a non-ability dependent fight but Pika's ability won't really let us see Zoro's full skills again. Hope he gets another fight this arc too. But we never know. Maybe it'll be an awesome fight ^^

Poor Violet...She's gonna get a heart attack soon from how many times Luffy did sth stupid XD Poor girl. Loved Luffy's springing himself up with his feet ^^
Mar 5, 2014 6:12 AM
Mar 2012
Good to see someone's always there to save "good" people's ass.
Mar 5, 2014 6:27 AM
Sep 2012
Is Oda trying to make us hate Ussop, because I am getting close to hating him, come on Ussop don't desert you comrades you traitor. I at least could sympitise and understand why Elfman betrayed Fairy Tail, but Ussop you are just a coward, if you don't do something. Because he is the domio to everything falling into place the way things are set up.

I am looking forward to Zoro vs Pika, that is going to be awesome. How Violet remember Kyros? Does he knew his identity or just at the toy soulder watching over her niece? We will find out.

Anyway can't wait to see what happens, Ussop you better pull through or else I want him off the crew.
Mar 5, 2014 6:37 AM
Aug 2013
Everyone is counting on usopp but he's like,"fuck this shit I need to escape." I really think in the end this will be the arc where he gets his 50000 followers that he mentioned in the beggining on op.
Mar 5, 2014 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
blfan said:
Is Oda trying to make us hate Ussop, because I am getting close to hating him, come on Ussop don't desert you comrades you traitor.
In the past he had always shown some sort of guilt or remorse relatively quickly. But this is getting pretty dragged out. And before people start saying Usopp will always be the coward of the group, I think most of us recognize that. However, for all the other good shit going on in the arc he's handling Usopp's cowardice particularly poor in comparison to how it's been handled in the past. If this is meant to be build up to Sogeking i'm not sure it's going to work as we're seeing none of the dilemma for him that we saw during Enies and Thriller Bark.

And yeah, I do agree that this island is going to be the start of him getting his followers. But he better do something to earn them soon.

Otherwise solid chapter.
removed-userMar 5, 2014 6:48 AM
Mar 5, 2014 6:53 AM

Dec 2008
Of course Robin's the one who's going to turn and not the most annoying character ever. So stupid.
Mar 5, 2014 6:56 AM

Feb 2014
Hopefully this is a fake out, because Ussop just running like a coward doesn't feel right at this point.
Mar 5, 2014 7:26 AM

Sep 2011
I wonder what Viola meant by don't sabotage their operation? Is she saying that to Luffy so he doesn't screw up operation SOP or is she implying that someone in the room with DonQ is on their side?

Anyways, I think this will be the last chapter of Ussop's cowardly crap. He will get his shit together, he always pulls through in the end. Maybe we will see a return of Sogeking.
Mar 5, 2014 7:41 AM

Jan 2014
I really enjoyed this chapter, great amount of movement involved seeing the crew a little worried and having to leave things to Usopp of all people. Having that that though, I think Usopp will be forced to shine and defeat Trevor, it didn't feel right that he ran away just like that. Even though he's always been one to resort to fleeing, I feel he will most definitely go to defeat Trevor and if that happens that would be one of my favorite one piece moment. I've been waiting to see Usopp have a redeeming moment like this (if it happens) for a long while now.
Mar 5, 2014 9:14 AM

Apr 2009
^i don't think Usopp will actually win against Trebol (he's one of the top 3), but i do think he'll start the fight and after a couple of tensed moments, he'll somehow manage to get Sugar to eat that candy and reverse everybody(this will be his highest moment in the arc) but at the same time getting knocked out by Trebol and somebody else coming in the scene to fight him and save Usopp.

I really want Usopp to have a 'man' moment in this arc, even if he'll get destroyed by someone, i really do want to see his struggle!
It's time for some man shit! How the hell is he gonna meet his father
Mar 5, 2014 9:28 AM

Jun 2013
O.O *Knife Teeth, Veins are Pumping, Eyes Are White Aka Pulling Angry Nami Face* USOPP!!!! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE OVER YOUR COWARDLINESS!!! Otherwise very good Chapter....And Now It Is 10-11 members of the Main Crew Of Doflamigo's Grew that has Fruit powers... Truly a First crew where most them are Hammers...

Usopp, I started to have and I already had little Respect on you, but now...Go DIE YOU COWARD!!!!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Mar 5, 2014 10:00 AM

Jan 2008
jpem said:
blfan said:
Is Oda trying to make us hate Ussop, because I am getting close to hating him, come on Ussop don't desert you comrades you traitor.
In the past he had always shown some sort of guilt or remorse relatively quickly. But this is getting pretty dragged out. And before people start saying Usopp will always be the coward of the group, I think most of us recognize that. However, for all the other good shit going on in the arc he's handling Usopp's cowardice particularly poor in comparison to how it's been handled in the past. If this is meant to be build up to Sogeking i'm not sure it's going to work as we're seeing none of the dilemma for him that we saw during Enies and Thriller Bark.

And yeah, I do agree that this island is going to be the start of him getting his followers. But he better do something to earn them soon.

Otherwise solid chapter.

I agree with this. Since the three years, Usopp was supposed to have at least partially removed his cowardice. The past arc it was still kind of present, but nowhere near what it had been in the past. Now? It's even worse than it was in the past. He IS Sogeking now. He shouldn't need to rely on that mask anymore. Is it because they're going after stronger opponents than the skark team? It's not like they're facing off against Big Mama. Maybe it's because Luffy's not right beside him to spurn him on. I don't know. Yes, Usopp's always going to be "the coward", but this is going beyond what Usopp's done before.

I'd like to believe that at least part of it is everyone being turned into toys and him forgetting everyone, therefore believing that he was facing this dilemma by himself and one bug, and wondering just what was he thinking about taking on two beast-like powers with his slingshot. But, even with that... *sigh*
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Mar 5, 2014 10:11 AM

Sep 2013
Doflamingo knew who Sogeking was, so we will see post skip Sogeking, the real warrior/hero Usopp wanted to be maybe he'll have a double personality with the mask.

Pica's stone/rock is weak but has an endless supply so he just outlasts his opponents.
Doflamingo is going down and luffy just owned gladuis easily.
So many things this chapter, I love it.
Mar 5, 2014 10:19 AM

Jun 2013
Great Chapter.

Also go fuck yourself Usopp.
Mar 5, 2014 10:35 AM
Nov 2012
No, don't run away Usopp! Stop him, Sogeking, it's time for you to save the day!
Mar 5, 2014 11:24 AM

Jul 2010
Im sure he won't run like this.Even tho Usopp is usually a coward, inside his dream is becoming manliest warrior of the sea, and he definitely cares about everyone.He's just being one of most realistic characters in OP, thats it.I feel like soon his time to shine will come.So yeah, i believe in you Usopp, dont make me feel like idiot later on!
Mar 5, 2014 11:35 AM

Dec 2011
I was about to say this chapter was great. Then everything changed when I turned to the last page.
Mar 5, 2014 11:39 AM

Dec 2013
What was the point of the two year training if Usopp is just going to backtrack into the pussy he was? It's obvious that Oda is going make Usopp turn back and fight but it would have been much better is he fought right of the start. Just gotta wait longer I suppose.

I want to see Luffy and Kyros go at it with Doflamingo so much.
ImTheGuyMar 5, 2014 1:22 PM
Eh
Mar 5, 2014 11:40 AM

Sep 2008
If Robin is turned into a toy, Usopp forgot about Robin's existence right away, so he is not exactly leaving her behind..
Mar 5, 2014 11:46 AM

Sep 2012
Hitashi said:
I was about to say this chapter was great. Then everything changed when I turned to the last page.

Yeah, its amazing what the ending can do to my thoughts on the chapter. I thank everyone who commented (and reminded me) on the other parts of the chapter that were really cool. And to those ragging on Usopp, I completely agree.

I do like Robin more though, if that were even possible. She's not only being brave in the face of the more formidable opponents but she's taking it upon herself to be a distraction and to help the mission.

The only thing I can think of with Usopp is that at Fishman Island he was scared out of his mind when he found out Luffy picked a fight with Big Mom. Maybe that sucked any courage that he gained in the two year time-skip. But yes, hopefully he'll pull through for the crew. He will never be more than a barely tolerable crew member to me. Chopper and Nami, I understand their cowardice. They both have jobs! Nami is navigator and Chopper is a doctor! Usopp is like Zorro in the sense that his job "sharpshooter" is a militaristic one. Even from that, he shies away from doing the main thing he's on the ship for.
Mar 5, 2014 11:47 AM

Jun 2012
smokes said:
^i don't think Usopp will actually win against Trebol (he's one of the top 3), but i do think he'll start the fight and after a couple of tensed moments, he'll somehow manage to get Sugar to eat that candy and reverse everybody(this will be his highest moment in the arc) but at the same time getting knocked out by Trebol and somebody else coming in the scene to fight him and save Usopp.

I really want Usopp to have a 'man' moment in this arc, even if he'll get destroyed by someone, i really do want to see his struggle!
It's time for some man shit! How the hell is he gonna meet his father

Let's hope koala comes in :D

Though idk, if everybody has forgotten about robin. Is sabo only here for the fruit? or are they planning on freeing dresrosa/making it rev territory?

Great chapter overall, zoro, fucking finally, lets see some shit.

Gladius got pushed aside LOL We should get to see how far luffy has come very soon! i cannot wait for these next few chapters, as always.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Mar 5, 2014 12:07 PM

Jan 2010
Absent0 said:
Haha, Kinemon's Doflamingo disguise.

I don't know why Robin couldn't just quickly snap Sugar's neck like she usually does to knock her out, but I guess that would be too easy.

As for Usopp, I'm expecting either the return of Sogeking or the Usopp Hammer.

And Doflamingo's losing his cool again.

Furthermore, why couldn't Usopp just shoot the Tontattabasco ball into sugar's mouth? There are plenty of ways they COULD have resolved this, but Oda decided to make it suspenseful because he had other plans.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Mar 5, 2014 12:24 PM
Dec 2011
flame_master_14 said:
Furthermore, why couldn't Usopp just shoot the Tontattabasco ball into sugar's mouth? There are plenty of ways they COULD have resolved this, but Oda decided to make it suspenseful because he had other plans.

That's impossible. Remember what Trevol did to the "flies". He just shot them down. More realistically Robin should have just broken Sugar's neck with her powers.
Mar 5, 2014 12:41 PM

Mar 2012
invalidargument said:
Im really disappointed with usopp. As a matter of fact Im disgusted by him. How can he just leave them behind? Im still hoping for him to rethink what he's doing though.

This, like wtf? He had never done this before, and after 2 years, he pull this shit after 2 years worth of training?

"Have you ever encounter a wild beast that guarantees to never bite anyone?" ~ Roronoa Zoro
Mar 5, 2014 1:44 PM

Jun 2011
Great chapter, really looking forward to next week. Gladius has a cool ability, kinda like Mr. 5 though it's better. The exploding helmet was pretty badass.
Also looking forward to Zoro vs Pica, there must be some way to beat the stone-stone fruit. Since the whole place is made of the stuff, maybe there is a weak point.
As for the Usopp stuff, I'm not too pissed off because I can see him doing something cool next chapter. Also, now that I think about it... if Usopp (and everyone else) forgot about Robin due to her being turned into a toy, then the events at Enies Lobby would also be forgotten because Robin was the focus. That could explain why Usopp has become more cowardly. He can't take down Trebol and Sugar by himself though... I wonder how that'll go down. That also means that CP0 will leave Dressrosa since Robin "doesn't exist".

Mar 5, 2014 1:47 PM

Aug 2011
This was a great chapter. We are in the battle phase of this arc where more or less everyone has a oponent or get one soon (since we have "mini-map" of actions going on simultaneously :D ). Gladius proven to have better version of Mr.5's devil fruit, he was even able to withstood surprice attack form Luffy and even injure Violet (that was nice reminder that even if u have power to protect someone, you don't always do). After that Kin'mingo showed himself and that was... priceless. Shifting from angered DD to OP Franky we got to the last but not least point of chapter Ussop. Yeah on one hand it's true he shouldn't be such a coward in NW, but you can't judge him just from two panels (who knows, maybe on first page next chapter he puts Sogerking's mask on and attacks Trebol, well I doubt it, but you get the point) and especialy of the circumstances. He forgot Robin so he "isn't" leaving nakama behind and he would go 1 vs 2 with tricky devil fruit user and one of top fighters from DD crew. He isn't front liner so he does't have much chance. He is expecting reinforcement from Franky so best think for now was to withdraw and the attack from backline. But since situation is as it is, he will be forced to make his move in the end, even if he will use Ussop Hammer he will do something.
TAK3Z0Mar 5, 2014 1:56 PM
Mar 5, 2014 2:05 PM

Jun 2010
People here are so quick to turn on Usopp, he'll do something great, give it time.
Mar 5, 2014 2:08 PM

Feb 2011
It's not that people are turning on Ussopp, but it's astonishing that after 2 years of training, he's an even bigger coward.
Mar 5, 2014 2:14 PM

Nov 2011
Are we going to see SogeKing v 2.0?

Btw, Sugar haven't made contract with RobiDoll yet, so she can still help a little or ask for some help. She can pretend that she made contract with Sugar and follow Mingo's family and sneak out or gather some info. That would be great!

Also, I wonder what happened to the Curly-Brow Pirates. >_>
LoCkEyThIrTeEnMar 5, 2014 2:17 PM
One Piece = Devil Tree XD
Mar 5, 2014 2:30 PM

Jun 2011
AnimePoop said:
It's not that people are turning on Ussopp, but it's astonishing that after 2 years of training, he's an even bigger coward.

While Usopp's cowardice is exagerrated a bit too much, it is reasonable for him to run since he's facing two powerful opponents by himself. It's also worth noting that he (and everyone else) forgot about Robin's existence since she became a toy, meaning that he thinks he's alone (thus blaming Franky, not to mention the fact that everyone is relying on Usopp, not Usopp AND Robin). Also, if Robin "never existed" that means that the stuff at Enies Lobby wouldn't have happened, which impacted Usopp's growth the most meaning that he's gone back to his wimpy ways. I'm sure he'll get back in beat Sugar at the very least. Trebol is too strong for Usopp, that is for sure.

Mar 5, 2014 2:59 PM

Sep 2012
LoCkEyThIrTeEn said:
Are we going to see SogeKing v 2.0?

Btw, Sugar haven't made contract with RobiDoll yet, so she can still help a little or ask for some help. She can pretend that she made contract with Sugar and follow Mingo's family and sneak out or gather some info. That would be great!

Also, I wonder what happened to the Curly-Brow Pirates. >_>

In addition we don't know what happens to the devil fruit powers of someone who is turned into a toy. Can Robin still use her ability? If she can, until the contract there is hope.
Mar 5, 2014 3:40 PM
Jan 2014
The forgetting Robin=forgetting Enies Lobby justification doesn't make sense because Usopp has gone through so much more than that, especially fresh off 2 years of training. I'm guessing Oda is just once again playing up Usopp's cowardice for laughs, but it's also regressing his character no matter how things end up. If he just keeps going back to acting like early Usopp that means his character isn't really developing in a true sense. Having Usopp want to avoid confrontations ahead of time is one thing, but he should be beyond running away in the middle of battle at this point.
Mar 5, 2014 8:42 PM
Sep 2013
Good chapter...a setup chapter but there was a tone of finality in this chapter...it's that lull before the chaos...all hell will break lose in the next chapters...some people here are saying that due to Robin being turned into a toy, Usop may have lost touch with his Sogeking persona and I must agree it is a probable cause. Probably now is the time for Usop to come out as Usop the king of snipers rather than Sogeking...I hope he won't accidentally eat a smile fruit :p ...but it would be cool...
In one piece universe, spawns of monsters turns out to be monsters as well...
Garp->Dragon
Dragon->Luffy
Roger->Ace
And maybe Yasop->Usop, Kyros->Rebecca :D ?
And I have a feeling that Jewellery Boney is probably the wayward daughter of Akainu!!! Proposterous feeling right :O ?
Mar 5, 2014 9:54 PM

Nov 2013
Yep, Usopp is not even back to what he was during the Arlong arc, it's even worse.

It's so obviously not right that I can't understand how Oda came up with this last panel ...
Mar 5, 2014 10:35 PM
Mar 2013
Here's how I see it. 2 possibilities, though I think 2 makes more sense.

1.Usopp is running away because he doesn't have the same kind of bravery when he was Sogeking. The Hobi hobi no mi makes people forget about somebody's existence. Enies Lobby arc was all about Robin. Sogeking was born in that arc. Without remembering Robin Usopp can't be sogeking. But then... at the same time he shouldn't be running because.. well.... his commitment to Luffy after he lost his brother. He trained for the next 2 years for Luffy. That's a more powerful commitment than the one in Enies Lobby. And now he's running away because of Robin rather than sticking up for himself for Luffy.

2. He's strategically running away, afterall he's the cornerstone of the strategy to work. He made the whole thing, he's the center of it. He saw Sugar as a threat. The sides are unbalanced. It's strategically better to run away to prevent his existence from fading thus going for a counterattack rather than getting at Sugar without the slightest clue and fading out of existence. No one would go after Sugar because it was "never planned".
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

63 by LuffyHammock94 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

42 by LuffyHammock94 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 11:16 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Apr 25, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Apr 25, 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.